Monster Hunter thread

No Monster Hunter thread, let's fix that. Let's also fix that I didn't put Monster Hunter in the OP. No longwinded OP because 8ch's been shitting the bed lately but usual hunter resource is kiranico if you need to know drop-rates and hitzones.

Say "git gud" and git upset about it being used in Gen/X, compare clownsuits, cross fingers and hope XX is good. QR codes can be scanned with FBI for an easy download of Generations.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo
mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg
mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY
youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos
kiranico.com/en/mh4u
monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png
i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
imgur.com/a/oPuKD
docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
desiresensor.com/
sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex
forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/
i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun
monhun.corgiorgy.com/
mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hunting horn is l.egs onl.y

JE

SUIS

MONTÉ

Nah it'll inherit a lot of the issues of X except now with G rank and more pain the ass deviant monsters, and G rank deviant monsters(Fuck me in the ass sideways that sounds awful).
I'm just gonna wait for the proper Monster Hunter 5 or for an English release of Monster Hunter Online(Because those fucking chinks are sabotaging attempts at an English patch, the bastards)

10/10 thread already, memes and insta-bitching.
Fucking hell.

Vérifez mes doubles, rosbif.

Somebody stop this absolute madman

Je n'arrêterai jamais.
Jamais.

Où sont les quintuplés?

You forgot to include the QR code to download the game as well user.

any suggestions to get back into MH? Generations barely held my interest and I went into my backlog of digital games on my 3DS.

already pretty much 100% MH4U too and pokemon keeps getting in the way

Try booting up 3G or Portable 3rd again?

It's normal to periodically get burnt out on MH.
Back in the day P3 was the one that burnt me out hardcore, after doing Ala roughly five billion times every night with a stable group by the end i was fully done with MH.

The only solution is playing something else for a long period of time, and then coming back to MH later on.

Tips on getting around Ukanlos' ice-swimming for 4U? I beat him without much problem while getting into G-rank (after all he's pretty much ice-Akantor besides trading the sonic roar for an ice-beam) but he homes in enough while swimming that I can't seem to dive out of the way properly, he just veers around and hits me. I think I'm missing something here.

Gen was really bad, so I don't blame you.
Just play something else until 5 comes out because with everything that's been revealed XX looks worse than Gen.

Stay close and make him turn in an as tight as possible circle. Works on my machine :^)

Git gud.
Dive in the direction from where he is diving while also making him turn.

Feel free to run through the "visual ice breaking" animation

MHX/G DOWNLOADS

If you scan the last three pics with a home-brewed 3ds with the latest version of FBI, you can download and install the JP, EU, or NA versions respectively directly from Nintendo's eShop servers.

EU CIA:

Part 1 mega.nz/#!cMZjmKyB!Ih4WLf_0JmEUyuvzEnssxZnVT8wT4TWi0a-DqH36UNo

Part 2 mega.nz/#!BNwEULQY!t0u9QPj1YTTo8ORMQxjEEWMHtOvnHTS46qz5s4HwwNg

US CIA:

mega.nz/#!QY0HSCyA!KbEN_nQAwVxFK06OF7j754faYzbvf3YSbGBwyW3DPaY

password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Does anyone have a link that actually works?

Thanks. Maybe the copypasta should be updated to use that instead.

Anything else on that list broken?
I just saved it as no one else seems to keep the copypasta.

Will do

I've been keeping the copypasta, I just missed thread creation this time I guess. I'll make sure to include it for next time.

Is monhun over for the old guard?

Remains to be seen, I sincerely doubt "mainline" Monster Hunter games will at all attempt to appeal to a general mainstream audience. Chances are spinoffs will be what take that niche as with Generations and Stories while mainline MH games continue as they always have, and harvesting the best ideas that come from the spinoffs and tweaking them.

Brother i wish but i already see capcom reposting "epic killcam montages" by fucks with half shaved neon hair. We have been down this way before too many times to hope its not going to happen again.

That depends on how much influence Capcom attempts to exert on what's probably their biggest cash-cow, which got where it is by being itself.

I still can't believe it's getting a fucking live action movie. I though MonHun devs were very picky in how the franchise was treated. They don't want Hunter on a fightan game but they let this slip?
I know Capcom owns the IP and it's rights, but I just can't imagine this not getting opposition from the devs.

Times have changed and Street Fighter is a commercial bomb now. With Mega Man dead and Resident Evil considered trash post 6 what else do they have to milk now?

Dude, i mean no disrespect, but you're the biggest faggot on this green earth.
The "old guard"?
What the fuck do you even know about "the old guard"?

Were you around when MH switched from sony to nintendo, leaving the entire initial niche fanbase with the dilemma of completely switching to nintendo hardware even if they didn't give a single shit about any other title on the damn thing?

Were you around when Tri came out and the userbase became ABSOLUTELY INSUFFERABLE and the community dipped in probably it's lowest point in history with the biggest influx of casuals, all attracted by the Wii as a fashion object and cultural phenomenom rather than a machine, people playing MH online that BARELY EVEN PLAYED A SINGLE FUCKING VIDEO GAME IN THEIR LIVES BEFORE.

Sometimes i look at half the little shits posting in these generals and it feels like they started with Tri, or 4U.
What the fuck do these people know about the history of this series, or the struggle of it's fanbase over the years?

Crying over frenchies in 4U, bitches if any of you experienced personally the IMMENSE player quality dip by being able to compare what the community was before, and then after Tri, you would've probably killed yourself on the spot.

MH is nowhere near the low point it was during the Tri era playerwise, and how Capcom was treating the series back then.
You're all a bunch of whiny babies, holy fuck.
You don't even know how good you have it right now, compared to back when the community was ACTUALLY shit, for real.

Actual Capcom, or Capcom of America/Europe? Because what the West wants or is into is going to have zero impact on the main series.

What did he mean by this?
check my 2

DO NOT GET THIS LAPTOP. I recently had to get my computer fixed and had to use my dads laptop for schoolwork for about a month, which was this exact one. This computer can barely run google chrome or youtube and has horrendous sound and display quality. go to youtube and look up 300 dollar gaming laptops and you kind find some good ones that perfectly run low end games and emulators.

go for something with a dedicated gpu, unless you wanna stick with emulators only and only emulators of old consoles.

CUTE

All it does is fix the level curve. Having it on puts you ahead of everyone the entire fucking game, making it even easier. Having it off makes you even with wild mons and slightly behind trainers.

what is any grindy asian orpg on wc3?

Genius insight.

What the fuck kinda name is that?

Christ.
You couldn't even escape because that would hurt his feelings

Don't forget that you had to hunt uphill and through the snow, grampa :^)

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

There's a working 3ds emulator?

I've been using the bow for a while now it's a fuck ton of fun, is it worth upgrading to a bowgun, or keep to a bow?

I keep getting fucking BRs in my lobby. It's making online a real pain in the ass.

Well if you played MHFU, that is quite literally true i suppose.

Stay on bow if you want more status, switch to bowgun if you want more damage.

Feels a lot like having missed out on the springtime of youth, tbh.
What was so bad about the new playerbase during Tri? People seemed to have their shit together, for the most part at least here in Yurop. I had far more encounters with unrepentant shitters and downright malicious cunts in 4U and Gen.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

I did, though. I bought the special edition, and I even imported the OST. Truly the most underrated game of this generation. All because of autism.

Same shit that happened to the souls fanbase when it went big.
It went to shit.
And since it was on the Wii, it went to shit BIG TIME, in a very short period of time. it was total whiplash.

Online shitters multiplied to insane degrees, most infamously LS shitters.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

You can get full costume (100 candies) or a lot of candy at once. It averages at about 3 games per costume on the long run.

You're worse than waifufags

U wot m8?
I started on Tri too, and even I was able to tell how shitty the playerbase was. I don't have a frame of reference from before Tri, but shit I don't doubt it was terrible at the very least.
It took me days to get just a Barroth done online, because everybody I joined up with were mixers with no skills, or just straight up fucking naked.

4U and Gens on the other hand, at the very least the shitters I've played with were ones smart enough to at least manipulate people into carrying them, so they weren't carting left and right thanks to their armor being way above the quest level.

The biggest difference pre-Tri and post-Tri was, without the shadow of a doubt, how people played with each other.

Pre-Tri you had to use stupid shit like adhoc.
Adhoc was shit, it would sometimes disconnect random people, it had a built in chat that was absolute GARBAGE.
So what that meant was, when people wanted to play some fucking MH, they planned ahead.
They were like "i'm going to actually meet some people that are into MH, like me, and i'm going to take some time out of my day to sit down and deal with one of the most frustrating online experiences ever because i want to play SOME FUCKING MONSTER HUNTER WITH THEM".

So if you were smart, you'd use an external chat to talk during, and between hunts.
And you were massively incentivized to form regular hunting groups, so the "let's search for half an hour for some sorry motherfucker to actually find, and join our game" part could be skipped, at least.

All these limitations plus the way smaller playerbase meant people tried their best to stick together and form a community, not only because it was enjoyable, but because it was PRATICAL.
Compare that to Tri, with stupid motherfuckers going UHMM GEEE I PUSH BUTON I THINK DOHOO and people leaving rooms all the goddamn time for any reason.

People saying 4U and Gen have it worse are out of their fucking mind.
4U and Gen are heaven on earth compared to the hellhole Tri was.

Fair enough. Take it its not unlimited ammo?

To do any significant damage you need ammo of various kind, what's more effective depends on the weapon, check the description carefully, like, to name one, when dealing with HBG you want to check what kind of ammo it can spit out rapidly in siege mode, and so on.

It's resource intensive but if you're pretty estabilished into the game it's not impossible to manage.

Can you fuck it?

Let me guess. The PC "Prepare to die edition" created the souls is difficult meme, is that it ? Think very hard about your answer because that will be very telling of how knowledgeable of communities and vidya history you actually are.

140GQ's and Apex were the casual filter in 4U shitters were quickly isolated and removed due to failure being expensive and resources being a bitch to get.

In MHG you still see noskills players everywhere and no one has any sort of etiquette when positioning whilst fighting or joining rooms anymore.

MHFU also had a casual filter.
It was called "the entire motherfucking game".

Yeah you get shitters in MHG, you know what i do when i get a shitter?
He fucks up, he leaves 9 times out of 10, and guess what, the person that joins after him (in a couple of minutes, tops, i want to stress how QUICK the process is nowdays) got his shit together and we ace that hunt 20 times in a row.
This happened multiple times to me.

Yeah you get shitters, so what, you get more people in general.
Shitters have no force of will, they either doublecart and then piss their pants out of shame and quit, and you'll immediately get a replacement, or they get kicked by the host, and get a replacement immediately.
Seriously this shit is fast now, it's a non-issue.

You see someone shitting your room?
Just boot him off, easy peasy, you'll get someone competent most likely with minimal time lost.

Wanna know the only time that the system genuinely didn't work out in Gen?
Deviant hunts where you HAVE to capture.
That is the shit that will get you stuck for days because you'll always get that one guy that just doesn't know when to stop attacking.
But aside from that, it's been smooth sailing for me, just keep weeding out people that are gonna be an issue.

Is it just me, or does Gen have the most garbage internet connectivity ever? 9 out of 10 hunts there's horrible lag or a fucking disconnect that happens. I never had this problem with 4U but in Gen it's a fucking blight and I'm losing my patience

Can't say that i've run in any prolbems.
Make sure to manually imput every single value in the 3DS itself and make it's IP static.
Put it on DMZ if you can.

Damn right m8.
Usually it's a language barrier or the wanker is playing with the sound off and can't hear the 3 player ping orchestra as he combos his GS into Dreadqueens face.

It's the easiest MH game EVER and people still can't into armorskills and fullsets.
Even more annoying is hosts that allow noskills shitters into their rooms and not doing the mandatory insta-kick like you should in HR8+ and 8-10 level deviant rooms.

It's really not an excuse tho.

I play with the sound off all the time AND i'm usually listening to podcasts and even watching movies/series etc.

I can still see the ping.
There's a visual indicator for the ping on the names, and another big visual indicator on the lower screen map.
It's impossible to miss, if i can't miss it myself while i'm doing 4 shit at the same time, there's no excuse for them, they're just blind and bad at the game at that point.

I was having the same issues the game actually just doesn't like some routers and constantly fucks up with them. My router actually crapped out while I was playing one time after I got a replacement I stopped having issues.

Bump for Shaggy.

With dragon element, sure.

Hahaha.

anyone still playing gen?
I need help grinding some high rank gammoths for armor parts

Room:39-2861-5941-1038
Passcode:4545

Yeah sure, i'll help you out.

There's no room with that ID.

Is it really that bad?

It was, once.

It used to be bad in 4U but it's nowhere as terrible in Gen.
In Gen, if you hit someone while he's mounting, you're helping them, so french shitters mount more consistently, and if they hit while you mount, they're helping you out.
So that definitely helped.

The main thing they fuck up is sleepbombing and trapping, but every single nationality fucks that up, that's for sure.

Basically just switch all your chat messages to english (either start the game in ENGLISH when you make a new character, then you can switch, or you have to manually translate them all, i actually had to sit down and manually translate every single chat message in english for a friend of mine because he had already made the character under another language), don't fuck up sleepbombing/trapping, keep an eye on other people pinging, and you'll be fine.

great I got an internet error while I was waiting
here is the new room
46-8495-9682-2445
same passcode

god damn it happen again
36-0864-0877-8767

Still nothing.

Nothing.
I suggest you go in your 3DS options and manually input every single information regarding your 3DS from mac address to IP etc.
It will make your connection more stable, and also lock your 3DS to a single static IP.
Also put it on DMZ if you can.