Does MST3K count as Holla Forums given the puppets? If so, discuss

Does MST3K count as Holla Forums given the puppets? If so, discuss.

Attached: AR-191019742.jpg (1890x1889, 282.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cMspcxr1Vi8
youtube.com/watch?v=H7fKab9XpW0
youtube.com/watch?v=H8fjM6xrFCA
youtube.com/watch?v=nGA1c0ZA2m8
youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc
youtube.com/watch?v=v4cIj0bWxugOf
youtube.com/watch?v=Tv0S2gzcEeU
youtu.be/HI8omyZbfeE
youtube.com/watch?v=0nPDIScaHJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=tGSOQV-LQpI
youtu.be/HgKwPrm7DYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DDg_aLEHUsY
youtube.com/watch?v=jVMb5QN9TS8
youtube.com/watch?v=vAvPPr0OK_gMST3K
youtube.com/watch?v=Xr8vUTm64h0
youtube.com/watch?v=uB8sr4oIKWY
youtube.com/watch?v=Iezs40BPAb0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ttMxetJYQMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0nPUJB2xt0MST3K
youtube.com/watch?v=5Wg4_h8ZXeESo
youtube.com/watch?v=mJU30ZutelYSay
youtube.com/watch?v=R88T3ZHbvDM
youtube.com/watch?v=fQsowfrKDEg
youtube.com/watch?v=G4eR-uZTJZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=CISRRn3wolk
youtube.com/watch?v=M013NSukf1w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've been watching this and rifftrax a lot since quarantine.

The lost episodes adds to the mystique Also,Joel>Mike Rifftrax>Cinematic TitanicPrerecorded > liveMST3k>>>>>>NuMST3k

One of my favorite eps, right up there with Laserblast and the Gamera movies

Attached: f5d.gif (259x177, 1.07M)

>>114871647I'll watch that ep now as I'm bored and up all night. I saw the show a few times as a kid but was too young for it

I researched it on netflix and it's not as good as I remembered it.Still fun though. I actually enjoy the shittu movies too. Hate the skits.

>>114871672Yeah they're a bit cringey by today's standards, if only for how tame they are.

>>114871647The third host segment where they recreate the Trumpy is Magic scene is the funniest thing ever

They also had comic books so technically it counts as co i guess.

>>114871898This?youtu.be/cMspcxr1Vi8

>>114871591>Likes Joel>Prefers Mike led Rifftrax over Joel led Cinematic Titanic I like Joel and his goofier sense of humor but I relate more to Mike's cynicism

Mike > Joel

Attached: brute man.jpg (1280x720, 46.44K)

>>114871148It really seems like a no-brainer to make a version of this for animated movies. I'd even be perfectly fine if MST3K did animated movies. I will also say that despite being inferior I still had some enjoyment of the Netflix series. I doubt anyone can ever top peak MST3K.

>>114871591>Joel>MikeHow much bad taste can one man have.

I like the Mike years more, but I'm not sure if it is because the celebrity references weren't as old.

We also had those weird web cartoons

Attached: A3A1DC36-71C3-4415-9A0B-874AAA65DF2D.jpg (480x360, 15.6K)

>>114873077>Creeper, Creeper Creeper! You give ME the creeps!This made Mike laugh uncontrollably for a good minute. Probably one of the funniest moments in the show.

>>114873498Did you have to roleplay a wheelchair bound tyrant and dredge that issue again? Above response confirms.

Mike>Joel>>>>>JonahAnyone watch the MST3K live stream last week? I tried to but I didn’t care for the riffing over the old riffs, I was really hoping they were going to do a new one

Attached: B8450CBA-A9DA-45C9-A34A-939A0464996C.gif (300x225, 615.13K)

>>114873999Mike era skits were fucking brilliant

>>114873999Comedy perfected.

Attached: file.png (275x348, 164.59K)

Wish they would have done some anime/animated movies.

>>114874199Their Rifftrax live has some cartoon shorts before the movies often.I can't help but think they've done SOME animated movie, or at least some other people riffing animated movies in a Rifftrax style.

>>114871332i've been in "quarantine" for 15 years. the only thing that's changed is when i stand in line at the store mexican people yell at me to stand back from them

>>114873964If that Emily girl is being groomed as the new host, then I expect the worst for the franchise. She was even less funny than Jonah.

>>114874199Space Thunder Kids would have been fantastic.

>>114873999Crow's llama noises are the best part.

>>114872986That's the one. Dr Forrester and Frank's reactions are incredible.

>>114874234They did a Gumby short late in the series.

>>114874377Good old Robot Rumpus.>THEY HUNG HIS HEAD! THIS IS EVEN WORSE THAN SE7EN!

>>114871647>"Chief?" "McCloud!">"With a name like Smuckers...">"It STINKS!">"Is that a po-ta-toe?">"Trumpy! You can do stupid things!"This was the episode that made MST3K truly great.

youtube.com/watch?v=H8fjM6xrFCA

Crow gets Existential.youtube.com/watch?v=nGA1c0ZA2m8

So how was the Gauntlet season?Season 11 was incredibly disappointing, but I kind of wanted to see the Gauntlet just because they were finally riffing an Asylum movie.

Attached: my coop my beautiful coop.jpg (742x509, 62.84K)

>>114874650I watched it twice and can't remember a single gag from it.

>>114874650>"HAA! HAA! HAA! HAA! HAA! HAA!"

>>114874668That's too bad. I think the only episode of Season 11 that I remember is that Bigfoot movie they did and that's mostly because the movie itself made absolutely no goddamn sense.

Attached: THEY TOOK OUT THE HITLER BUILDING.jpg (340x253, 20.9K)

>>114874650It's an improvement, but still held back by having none of the original Best Brains around to write.Also:Concepts! > Every Country Has A Monster

I'm a Mike guy. I don't think Mst3k ever got better than Overdrawn at The Memory Bank. Rifftrax is fantastic if you're a fan of that era. >>114874650I liked some of the Jonah episodes. Circus Magic in particular had a low budget sleazy feel that made it feel like classic mst3k. The asylum movie wasn't that great because there's nothing really entertaining about a movie that's trying to be bad.

>>114874650Eh, I feel like riffing on The Asylum is almost too easy. It's kinda like why MST3K never did Plan 9; it's much more creative digging into more unknown bad movies.I was also disappointed that there were no 50's Sci-Fi at all. Not even Killers from Space or Cat-Women On The Moon?

>>114874650I think it was fine. It doesn’t have the nostaligia tinge i would have liked due to it being new and Johan is sort of just ok. Even so i still think it was worth it for another set of episodes to go sleep to.

"That's 40 pounds of butt in 30 pound butt-capacity pants"youtube.com/watch?v=u_nPp64OrBc

>>114874819How did this movie not get sued by DC? It actually did... and DC lost.

I was a backer for the return and honestly what we got was what I expected. Perfect? No, but it was still fun just to watch some bad films with my friends and the bots. Honestly my biggest gripe was the opening and how in show it had to be redone every episode, just seemed stupid. Also Tom's voice just didn't seem right. But had they been given a few more seasons they would have found there footing much like how Joel did with the original 2 seasons which are the weakest imo.

Attached: 1555518712487.png (640x540, 515.03K)

>>114874889>original 2 seasonsyoutube.com/watch?v=v4cIj0bWxugOf course the Steven Universe fan has shit taste.

>>114874968That was near the end of Season 1 where they had just about figured out what they were doing. The majority of KTMA and Season 1 is mostly just long stretches of dead air and infantile riffs that just aren't funny.

>>114874889Well it doesn’t help that Joel had an iron grip on Jonah episodes and didn’t give him a chance to find his own voice

>>114875221Joel doesn't really give anybody their own voice anymore. Seems like he let all his success go to his head.

>>114875511From a certain aspect I can understand as it is his brainchild but if he just wants it his style he really should just host it himself

>>114874862Pretty sure “Batwoman” wasn’t owner at that particular time or in that spelling.‘or the movie was so bad and made no money they didn’t bother.

>>114876257You know that part in the opening where the girls are drinking that weird smoothie? The director had to add that as part of the settlement with DC to separate it from their own Batwoman.

>>114871898I usually don’t care that much for the host segments but all the host segments in that episode are 10/10

Attached: 128B45DB-9D6B-4DF2-971F-D52B657AABC8.gif (360x252, 970.43K)

>>114874650Glad I’m not the only one that thought the Gauntlet was lame. Liked that they riffed on Mac and Me though The first season of the Netflix reboot was pretty good. Had some duds but also had some good ones.

>>114877137Joel on his own is not a good showrunner. Both Cinematic Titanic and the new MST stuff feels too much like him on an ego trip and not letting the comedy be natural.

>>114875859Yeah, this. Why bring Jonah in? He honestly seems fine, no different than Mike when he took over (though Mike's transition was smoother since he was a lead writer on the show) and the earlier seasons with Joel

>>114877049Loved everything to do with the crazy woodsman in that movie

>I want to decide who lives, and who dies.

>>114879260>"Ahm gonna git that there varmink!"Remember that while Hockey Hair is a one-and-done disease like Chicken Pox, you must still be wary of Grizzled Old Prospector Syndrome afterwards.

Joel is a greedy jew. Easily the worst host. Mike was the best.Zombie MST3k isn't worth wiping your ass with.

>>114874889>I was a backer for the return I hope you and your loved ones get the fucking virus.>>114875221Jonah didn't have a voice. He was a hack nobody comedian who was never funny.

I enjoyed Season 11. It wasn't perfect and definitely had issues that needed fixing:- The riffing in the movie was way too fast paced to feel like natural quipping.- All the distracting shadow gag shit in the theater like Gypsy coming down and Servo flying around.- The revival took "It's just a show, I should really just relax" way too seriously, skimming over important character moments when it was just meant to handwave trivial bullshit.- The new Bot puppets were a little TOO animated - Crow's arms moving is fine, but Servo's dangling spring arms is part of his identity- Changing Gypsy's voice to something bland and generic.But Jonah wasn't bad as a host, and Kinga and Max were great (and I was worried I'd be unable to see them as characters since, unlike Trace and Frank, I knew who they were pre-MST). It was also nice that Joel wasn't shying away from Mike-era stuff, having Pearl, Bobo, and Brain Guy pop up occasionally as well. Cry Wilderness and Avalanche are pretty solid episodes.Season 12/The Gauntlet, though it had some nice bits to it. felt fairly weak, especially since it was the 30th anniversary. Going from 14 episodes to 6 sucked. They changed the skits so there were only like two during the movie (which as a result made the movies feel so much longer) and while the gauntlet aspect was nice in theory, it makes the episodes feel off if you're just watching one random one, plus the whole idea doesn't really pay off in the end. I was looking forward to seeing how Growler and M. Waverly fit in with the SOL crew (we've always had new hosts and Mads, but never new Bots, so that was uncharted territory ripe with potential), and they don't even take part in a skit until the second to last episode, so that sucked.

>>114879782The plot with Dr. Erhardt felt weird, too. It was nice to see Josh back, but the whole "scattering Frank and Forrester's ashes" thing... So for the 30th Anniversary, we're told that two long-beloved characters are definitely, most certainly, absolutely dead? Yeah, I guess Forrester was dead already anyway, but last we heard from Frank he had a happy career Soultaking across the universe. I dunno. Just felt off.But despite the revival's problems, it felt like they were slowly but surely getting into their groove and fixing what wasn't working. It's a shame they got canned before being able to work out all the kinks. I will say, as much as I love Joel and MST3K, I'm not too crazy about all the stuff they've been doing with the franchise since Season 12 ended. Jonah hasn't been involved in anything, the Bots have been getting new voices every five minutes, they've reduced Gypsy from her proper Bot form into a fucking hideous looking hand puppet, and now with the introduction of that Emily lady it feels like MST3K is just kinda being reduced to "Crow and Servo and [a human] make fun of movies," which feels disingenuous. MST3K was always specifically about the characters of Joel and Mike and even Jonah. To have it reduced to the bare essentials feels like what Kinga was trying to do - milk the series into a bland franchise opportunity she could sell to Disney or some shit.

Mike>>>>>>Joel

>>114879782>All the distracting shadow gag shit in the theater like Gypsy coming down and Servo flying around.Cinematic Titanic was also very guilty of this. There's a reason why MST stopped overusing these gags after a couple of seasons: the eyes should be on the movie and the ears on the riffs, not vice-versa.

>>114879499Dude don’t be an asshole

>>114879999Eat shit.

>>114879813Frank got raptured by Torgo the White, so how could they have gotten any ashes of him if there was nothing of him left on the material plane? And the "just a show" excuse doesn't really float, because despite the song's claims, they usually made it a point to explain such plot-elements like how he does indeed breathe (the Mads control the air supply and vent it out of the SOL during the movie).

>>114879782Gypsy's squeaky voice was part of her charm.

>>114880039All I’m saying is there’s no need to be a jerk to someone who helped fund the Kickstarter and Jonah was actually pretty funny on stuff like Hidden America

>>114879813And don't forget that Joel caved to political correctness after only one complaint in 30 years about Gypsy's name, so now she's called "GPC" to avoid insulting Romani.

I still want to hug Joel. He made me smile when I was little.

>>114880218Dudes definitely a nice guy, met him at a con a couple years before the revival, but he’s just making terrible creative choices

>>114879893>Cinematic Titanic was also very guilty of this.I feel like that's fine with CT, though. It's not MST3K, so it has different rules. I mean, hell, the gang's shadows in CT already cover up half the movie anyway. But when doing MST3K, you need to follow MST3K's rules.>>114880063Right? "It's just a show" was never meant to gloss over major character development. Can you imagine if the original show never explained the Joel/Mike transition? Or where Frank went? Or where Pearl came from?>>114880168I don't have a problem that she had a new voice actress. Of course she does, all the Bots did. But the new Crow and Servo guys were clearly trying to sound like Trace and Kevin, whereas Gypsy was just given an entirely new voice that didn't fit her at all. At least if they'd replaced her squeaky voice with SOMETHING... sassy black lady, concerned Jewish mother, valley girl... I still wouldn't have liked it as much as her original voice, but at least it would've been something unique. Instead they just give her... Generic White Woman.>>114880209...what

>>114880189You're wrong. He's a talentless unfunny sack of shit just like Joel.The Return never should've been fucking made.

>>114880300It's true. The Riff-Along last week confirmed that because a few Romani complained, Gypsy is to be called GPC from now on.

>>114880355...JUST FUCKING GET RID OF THE CHARACTER, THENFuck me. What the fuck is "GPC" even supposed to mean?

>>114880346Anon you sound like a sperg

>>114880399I'm guessing it's a phonetic way of saying Gypsy's name without actually saying it.

Mike > Rifftrax >>> Joel >>> Cinematic Titanic > The Return

>>114880355What if the show gets revived again? Are they going to change the Robot Roll Call?>Cambot>GPC>Tom Servo>Crooow!?

>>114880209>>114880355>>114880399WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCKSure. Why don't we just stop riffing movies because it might hurt the poor director's feelings?!

>>114880399Not that I’m a fan of the change either but it’s still her name (Gip-See)

>>114880432>GPC>G'p-C>Gypsy...ohhh. That's dumb. If changing the spelling is all it takes, why not just respell it Gipsi or something?

Honestly I like the Jonah Episodes. Maybe because it was my intriduction to the series but still, it was still nice. I can actually go to sleep listening to these guys riff on old films.Honestly though I prefer their first season over the Gauntlet. Mac and Me was good but the rest felt kinda rushed. The only one that felt as good as that one was Killer Fish.Honestly my favorite episodes with were Reptilicus, Avalanche, Cry Wilderness, StarCrash, The Land Time Forgot, Wizards of the Lost Kingdom, Yongary, and Carnival Magic.

Attached: mst3kmain.0.jpg (1200x800, 136.95K)

>>114880529I want to shoot this faggot in the face. Look at him.Just a talentless piece of shit that got lucky. Did nothing to deserve the role and fucking sucked at it.

>>114880529>Honestly I like the Jonah Episodes.You should kill yourself.

>>114880559As opposed to the A++ talent that usually floods the screen in MST3K?

>>114880464That actually has been the reason why many episodes can't be run anymore, because the director's fee-fees got so hurt that they won't let them renew the rights.

>>114880603Compared to that worthless fuck, yes. Mike, Trace and Frank were very talented and funny. Jonah is a talentless faggot.

>>114880582Why is the most common response to everything?Why must everyone kill themselves because they have an opinion that you don't agree with?

>>114880639>faggotIs this the only insult word you know? Try dipshit or asshole or idiot or something some time. They're fun!

>>114874199There's a Rifftrax of Attack of the Super Monsters.

Attached: D7BCA489-F2DE-4B99-9A05-512F390380E4.gif (500x274, 832.43K)

>>114881049The Movie did so much to destroy MST3K that it's a miracle it was able to keep going afterwards.

>Decides to take a peek at the Social Distancing Riff-Along on YouTubeWait, they're riffing an MST3K episode...?>Two whole riffs during the opening theme>Mostly everyone just awkwardly 'dancing' to the theme...I'm a die hard MiSTie and this is making me cringe so hard...

>>114881143How did it destroy it, personally I’ve always enjoyed it

>>114881171I appreciate their attempt, especially during the quarantine, but it really just sucked

>>114881172Co-creator Jim Mallon and the rest of the cast got into heated fights over the movie and all the executive meddling the studio was putting them through. It ultimately led to Joel leaving as his way of refusing to take a side in the debate. The fallout would later lead to Frank and Trace leaving and Comedy Central ultimately giving the show the axe.

>>114881223>Emily: "Do you guys have any memories of this one?">pause>Tom: "I had my memory wiped in 2017.">pause>Emily: "Crow?">pause>Crow: "No."JESUS CHRIST WHAT IS THISI can't watch anymore. I've gotta stop or I'm gonna gouge my own eyes out.

>>114881404Moon Zero Two may have been the best of Season 1, but it was still not a good episode compared to MST's prime. It was likely picked to make the unfunny new cast seem not as bad. The only good riff in the whole thing is when Emily compared the multicolored henchmen to the past hosts.

>>114881499Moon Zero Two was a great episode by any metric. You lie.

>>114881548Season 1 is genuinely terrible

>>114881548The movie itself was a drag, and the riffs, while better than at the beginning of the season, still lacked the needed kick to make them funny.MST really didn't start finding its sweet spot until Season 3.

Rowsdower

>>114879813>the Bots have been getting new voices every five minutes, they've reduced Gypsy from her proper Bot form into a fucking hideous looking hand puppet, and now with the introduction of that Emily lady it feels like MST3K is just kinda being reduced to "Crow and Servo and [a human] make fun of movies," which feels disingenuous. MST3K was always specifically about the characters of Joel and Mike and even Jonah. To have it reduced to the bare essentials feels like what Kinga was trying to do - milk the series into a bland franchise opportunity she could sell to Disney or some shit.I hate to say this, but at least Jim's biggest problem was that he wanted to make a movie.

Supposedly, Joel wanted Bridget Jones to be his replacement as host, which would have been done in a parody of a Doctor Who regeneration.

>>114881171Why couldn't they just riff some public domain Z-movie?

>>114882091Probably didn't have time to write a full script for it, so they just took an old episode and let the cast ad-lib (poorly).

>>114871148I'm watching rifftrax right now. I don't know how many people are still fans but I remain loyal.

>>114882141I'm still hoping they'll get to do their live show this year.>Hoooobgoblins... Hoooobgoblins... What do you do with those Hoooogoblins...

>>114874650>I need these guys like I need another 1 inch weiner

Hobgoblinsfucking SPACE MUTINYThat werewolf moviesquirmMST3K has brought so much joy to my life I can hardly begin to recount the ways that I love it

youtube.com/watch?v=Tv0S2gzcEeU

>>114881143Meh, the movie is basically just a normal episode with higher production values for the in between skits.

>>114882296>all mike episodesI see you are a man of exquisite taste.

>>114882418Well, I didn't have access to it during the joel era so I kind of defaulted to mike

>>114882395>Normal episode>Actually SHORTER than a standard episode because of cuts and meddling>Poorly-marketed because the studio wanted to push Barb Wire instead>Leads to the death of the Comedy Central era and the rest of the original cast leavingThe Movie was a trainwreck, to the point where the people involved hold the KTMA episodes in higher regard than it. Its only consolation was when they utterly lambasted the Hollywood machine in Season 7 as payback.

>>114882139I feel like they were intending some sort of weird MST3K, riffing equivalent of "if we play loud, people will think we're good" from SpongeBob.>Joel: "If we occasionally say a bad riff in between a lot of older, better riffs, people will think our new, bad riffs will be good, too!">Servo: "CORRECT!"

>>114882502>Actually SHORTER than a standard episode because of cuts and meddlingBy a whole 15 minutes. Meh.>Poorly-marketedWhich would be an issue only really when it came out. And to be honest, even with marketing I don't think an MST3k film would've done well.>Leads to the death of the Comedy Central era and the rest of the original cast leavingAgain, meh. The scifi era wasn't much worse off.

>>114871591Joel is for shorts.

I wonder if it was an MST3K fan who first noticed that "The Island" was a ripoff of "Parts: The Clonus Horror"

>>114882181My favorite tidbit about hobgoblins is that they made a sequel a few years ago and used that exact song in ityoutu.be/HI8omyZbfeE

>>114882677Reportedly, yes. The fans brought it to the Clonus director's attention, he sued, and a nice settlement in his favor was reached.

>>114882605>By a whole 15 minutes. Meh.We lost the opening theme, at least one really good skit (I forget if there were others), and a superior ending that built off the earlier skits. Not to mention that This Island Earth itself was hacked to pieces to the point of being borderline incoherent in some sequences.

>>114882752He got at least 7 figures, IIRC.

>>114882895The funny thing is that he initially thought getting riffed MST3K would be a blow to his career, but then he saw their riffs at the campfire scene ("Only you can prevent crotch fires") and he was won over.

Overdrawn at the Memory Bank is my favorite episode

>>114871148>Holla Forums given the puppetsThe mods have been fags about this recently

>>114882781I could only find the storm bunker skit and the end skit on YouTube and honestly I’m fine with both being cut, their funny but it’s not a huge loss

>>114883146Here the quality of the deleted scenes from the bluray, which says they were taken from the best available sources.

Attached: vlcsnap-2020-05-10-16h25m37s436.jpg (1920x1136, 289.48K)

>>114883146>the storm bunker skitThat skit's great, though. It allows the crew to stretch effects-wise with the Bots and it's got a great punchline (them opening the door to look outside). And the ending's definitely a loss for no other reason than their recreation of the Metaluna Mutant.

>>114880346You're the kind of person who would have hated Tom's voice change from Josh to kevin

>>114883732Unlikely since he was only voicing Tom during season 0-1 which aren't worth watching anyway.

>>114882997Raul Julia was a legend, even if the movie is just bad.>Raul, you get back here and act in this movie right now.>But I'm signed to play Archbishop Romero!

>>114879782>I was looking forward to seeing how Growler and M. Waverly fit in with the SOL crew (we've always had new hosts and Mads, but never new Bots, so that was uncharted territory ripe with potential), and they don't even take part in a skit until the second to last episode, so that sucked.Right? Why even make new Bots if they weren't gonna fucking use them?

Attached: M-Waverly_and_Growler.png (510x263, 127.33K)

"The Rebel Set" is running on the Twitch channel.>WHO IS MERRITT STOOOOOONE?!?!

>>114883410Their Mutaluna Mutant was the real deal. Universal still had all the OG props and costumes.

>>114879782>I enjoyed Season 11Please kill yourself immediately.

>>114885226>Why even make new Bots if they weren't gonna fucking use them?Because they're stupid talentless cunts and thought introducing new and unneeded characters would make people more interested in seeing another season.Thank fucking christ they didn't get another fucking season.

>>114882677>>114882752>>114882895>>114882939“The Island” pissed me off so much. I actually LIKE Clonus and own the DVD. I wanted to remake it slightly darker but still with a 70s feel. Kinda like how “Moon” feels.

>>114885506...what? There's no way the original Mutant suit was still in usable shape 40 years later.

Anyway, all my rowdy friends are coming over tonight.

I caught some of Incognito Cinema Warriors XP back when they and some other homages had their stuff on Rifftrax Honestly it wasn't too bad. Their Bloody Pit of Horror riff is pretty solid with some good timing. Honestly it should have been to the fans to take up the mantle not actors.

>>114886030Well fans were never going to get the mantle. Joel needs to make some money or it isn't worth it.

I just saw some of The Brute Man. I always love the sound of Mike's laugh, it's so soothing.

>>114885713Universal has the actual original Frankenstein set in Their haunted house attraction

>>114886007Got a sack of Mama burgers with my name on it

>>114886173Yeah, that's a set, not a suit made of rubber put through wear and tear and then stuffed into storage for four decades.

>everyone tells me how great MST3K is>give it a try>nothing but tryhard jokes over movies that seemed par for the course for their era So this is where Channel Awesome came from

Attached: 1549367974925.gif (300x169, 834.82K)

>>114886245What did you watch? Joel is pure shit and so is "The Return".If you didn't like a Mike episode you're probably retarded because their jokes are never tryhard. Nothing about the show is "tryhard".

>>114886245also>shits on Channel Awesome>posts a Jontron gifYou are Channel Awesome.

>>114886274OHHHIt all becomes clear now. You're a dipshit Mike fan who's clinging onto "Joel vs. Mike" like it's still relevant and can't move on and just enjoy the show in its entirety and you're mad that Mike wasn't involved in the revival (likely because he didn't want to be even though he and Joel are still friends). Got it.

>>114886368Did you even see what he was responding to?

>>114886245

Attached: 1444447928305.jpg (1000x552, 106.98K)

>>1148863841) Yeah, he said Joel is shit (which is wrong, at least with classic Joel) and if you didn't like Mike you were probably retarded.2) Also with the way he worded his post (and also shitting on The Return) I'm assuming he's the guy calling everyone a faggot earlier in the thread.

>>114886528That's not what I was asking. I was asking if you looked at >>114886245this guy, who >>114886274this guy was responding to.

>>114886528>calling everyone a faggot I only called one person a faggot and that person is that talentless faggot who hosts in the Return.

>tfw Punch Rockgroin and Grandma Daughter are married irl

Attached: Spacemutiny.jpg (278x358, 24.64K)

>>114886384>>114886547Yes, I did. And I don't see what that has to do with anything. He wasn't the person I was responding to.

>>114873559Mike is a weird far-right creationist.

>>114886785I mean he’s conservative and Christian that doesn’t necessarily make him a right wing creationist

>>114886565Good thing there's plenty of railings.

>>114886245

Attached: EI30cpiX0AA6JiA.jpeg.jpg (536x623, 36.46K)

>>114874199>Wish they would have done some anime/animated movies.apparently they've talked about why they don't normally do animation, though I can't remember the exact reasons they gave>>114880609>That actually has been the reason why many episodes can't be run anymore, because the director's fee-fees got so hurt that they won't let them renew the rights.that's not really true except for like a couple films, it mostly happened for licensing reasons, and even then Shout Factory managed to release all but like a dozen episodes of the show on DVD;Ep #201 Rocketship X-MEp #212 Godzilla Vs. MegalonEp #213 Godzilla Vs. The Sea MonsterEp #309 The Amazing Colossal ManEp #311 It Conquered the WorldEp #416 Fire Maidens from Outer SpaceEp #418 The Eye CreaturesEp #807 Terror from the Year 5000Ep #809 I Was A Teenage WerewolfEp #905 The Deadly BeesEp #906 The Space ChildrenEp #913 Quest of the Delta Knightsand considering we're talking about a show with just under 200 episodes in what should have been a complete nightmare for licensing I'd say they did a pretty damn good job

>>114887611this reminds me, i need to torrent the dvd rips

Now showing The Brute Man w/ The Chicken of Tomorrow.

>>114887611>Ep #212 Godzilla Vs. MegalonAnd even this one is obtainable if you know where to look, since it was officially released for a while.

>>114888154Depends on how many people took this literally.youtube.com/watch?v=0nPDIScaHJ4

>>114887888>Now showing The Brute Man w/ The Chicken of Tomorrow.Brute Man is a great episode(it's one of those movies that is "almost" good) and Chicken of Tomorrow is probably the best short they ever did

>>114877049>Rowsdower saves us and saves all the woooooorld!

>>114888232I'd really like to think people weren't stupid enough to throw a DVD they spent like $50 on into the trash.On a semi-related note, remember when we thought that was going to be the closest to an MST3K revival we'd ever get?

>>114888431Given how old and tired everybody looked in that, I'm glad it wasn't the actual revival.

>>114888431It WAS the closest thing to an MST3k revival that we got.

>>114888454I got to see Trace and Frank do a live riff and it was amazing. Was just a few years ago. Was better than the Return. Got their autographs.

>>114888454I mean, it was just sort of a thrown together little thing Rhino had them do. I'm sure if they were in a proper, full on episode they would've looked better.

>>114888530I loved their segment in the MST3K Reunion RiffTrax Live show. Hearing Trace's voice riffing again was nostalgic and magical.>Narrator: "Kaye has one thing going for her...">Trace: "...A very active va-jay-jay."

>>114888606They did The Human Jungle (I think, it was some Chuck Conner film before the Rifleman) and it was awesome.

>>114877137>Liked that they riffed on Mac and Me thoughMac and Me was actually a pretty solid episode. Then the rest just kind of fizzled out.

>>114871148I was living in Santa Monica hanging out at a friend's apartment with the UCLA role playing club all packed in. We were taking a break from playing Dungeons and Dragons 2.0 for food and we happened upon MST3K with the episode - The Amazing Colossal Man.It was a milestone moment in my life, the sort of moment you can't help but remember like where you were when 9/11 went down, or that Trump got elected, etc. I fucking loved everything about it. Especially the full Love theme at the end.

>>114888730Honestly the bit near the end where Jonah's saying "Aw, and here's the part where the aliens teach the cops and evil scientists about humanity and if we all just learn to love each other--" And then the car explodes and seemingly kills the crippled kid and Jonah just starts screaming "JESUS CHRIST THEY KILLED HIM OH MY GOD HE'S BURNING TO DEATH SOMEBODY SAVE HIM!!" is one of the biggest outright laughs I've had from any MST3K episode.

>>114888908>we happened upon MST3K with the episode - The Amazing Colossal Man.Lucky you. The lady who owns the rights to that movie is a fucking psycho and is the reason why the episode will never see the light of day again.

>>114889100You sound like a child.

>>114889236Do you really have nothing better to do than harass people who liked a season of a TV show that you didn't?

Attached: Let-People-Enjoy-Things.jpg (500x238, 33.79K)

>>114889236>how dare you enjoy something I didn't

>>114889374It wasn't even a fucking joke. You were just laughing at his stupid fucking exaggerated reaction.

>>114882090Too bad she's with Nelson (being his wife and that). She's actually kinda funny, really similar to Mike's dry and cynical style

>>114889486I mean when Joel originally stopped being host, not now.

>>114889476>YOU CAN ONLY LAUGH AT THINGS THAT BEGIN WITH "THE FOLLOWING IS A JOKE" AND END WITH "WHAT YOU JUST HEARD WAS A JOKE">OTHER THINGS THAT ARE FUNNY BUT NOT OFFICIALLY CLASSIFIED AS JOKES CANNOT BE LAUGHED ATNewsflash, dipshit: Your beloved Mike has countless episodes *filled* with similar "not jokes."

>>114886245>>114886245>Filtered pleb>Also uses Jontron Glad these ADD types don't get anywhere near me

>>114889502Oh, then that would have been interesting

I wish I could still enjoy the old episodes. But both the Comedy Central and Sci-Fi eras are unwatchable to me now. Ever since Trace, Frank and Bill have outed themselves as virulent, hateful anti-Trumpers, it's kind of tainted the whole series for me.

>>114889975Go lick a doorknob, fag.

I like both Joel and Mike.

>>114889975...At least half the country is, user. Are you really gonna close off from and not interact with half the country? Not to mention "actors =/= characters."

>>114890069>Are you really gonna close off from and not interact with half the country?I think that you know the answer to that is yes. If it were up to him half the country would get gassed.

>>114890069>...At least half the country is, AnonAnd it's horribly depressing. He gave up everything to lead this country and fix the mess the last several presidents have made, and all he gets is vitriol and hate. It's gotten to the point that I can't even turn on the news because I'll get so worked up and just scream YOU IDIOTS HE IS TRYING TO HELP YOU at all of the pundits and reporters actively shitting on him.This is why I can't enjoy MST3K anymore. Knowing that the people involved are the type who are willing to let the country go to waste because they don't like the man in charge is just... I can't describe it. Depressing isn't a strong enough word.

>>114890085>If it were up to him half the country would get gassed.You'd be wrong. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a Nazi.

>>114889100>Honestly the bit near the end where Jonah's saying "Aw, and here's the part where the aliens teach the cops and evil scientists about humanity and if we all just learn to love each other--" And then the car explodes and seemingly kills the crippled kid and Jonah just starts screaming "JESUS CHRIST THEY KILLED HIM OH MY GOD HE'S BURNING TO DEATH SOMEBODY SAVE HIM!!" is one of the biggest outright laughs I've had from any MST3K episode.imagine if they had the original version of that scene that's still present in the Japanese release;youtube.com/watch?v=tGSOQV-LQpI

>>114890197Go inject some bleach, faggot.

>>114890313I haven't insulted you. Just because I support the president, you feel the need to be hostile to me? Why?

The weak minded should never develop an interest in politics, because then they can't stop bringing them up every few minutes.

>>114890360Have you considered that my mind may be stronger than yours, as I am able to form my own opinions rather than regurgitating what the media says?

>>114890292WHAT THE FUCK

>>114890458You do know people complain about Trump because of things he's actually done and said on-film and in his actual, official policies, right? They don't just make up random shit that sounds bad.

>>114890334I'm not wasting my time having this pretend argument with you when you'll just lie and ignore any points I make.Just please, kill yourself.Or, like I said, go inject bleach. Your president said it'll protect you from corona.

>Mitchell, rye on the sandwich>Mitchell, hearts pounding>Mitchell, veins clogging>Mitchell!

Attached: 1584206028171.jpg (431x427, 137.25K)

>>114890690CNN said that

>>114890758>Baby oil? NOOOOOOOO!!!>My-my-my-my-oh my GOOOOOOOODDD!!!What a movie for Joel to go out on.

>>114890774Trump said it during a Coronavirus Task Force Press Briefing, you fag.

>>114890758>You better ruuu-uuun! (Or he'll steal your lunch!)>You better hiii-iiide! (Your luuu-uuunch!)>You better ruuu-uuun! ('Cause he got the runs!)>'Cause he will not stop 'til he gets his maaa-aaan! (Or your luuuuu-uuuuunch!)

>>114890145(You)

>>114890790I've always liked Mike and Joel fairly equally. >>114890950kek

>>114890822No, Trump said they were working on finding ways to disinfect patients, as in finding drugs that will work to get rid of the virus. CNN and other fake news outlets reported it as "Trump said to drink bleach!" because they want Trump to fail and look foolish for the sake of their agenda. They are willing to sacrifice the people to get their way.

>>114892000What fairy tale do you live in

Listen, just ignore the faggot who's bringing politics into a thread that really has no bearing in it at all

>>114882997mom......my nuts?

Attached: MST3K-Bot-Icons.png (510x760, 339.05K)

>>114893218>nuMST3Kdie

>>114871591I prefer Mike, but I love Joel too. Mike just had the perfect delivery.

>>114871647Prince of Space and Invasion of the Neptune Men are my go-to episodes.

>>114886785>He gives a shit about their personal livesWhy

>>114889975I can still enjoy the old episodes 'cause I don't give a flying fuck about some demented libtard's political views as long as they're separate from their film work. Sort of like Chris Evans being the perfect cinematic Captain America even though he hates Trump. He's already made glorious films that I love and nothing can take it away.

>>114882997You know, at first you'd think they make too many fat jokes about the villain, but considering they don't even bother giving him any characterization beyond calling him "the fat man" there's really not much else to joke about.

>>114871148So what are everyone’s thoughts on Netflix MST3K?I can’t get into it. The host is bland, the Bot voices suck, the new Mads are weak, and the riffs are forced and feel like them throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. No rhythm to it, no timing.The Pearl/Brain Guy/Bobo cameo actually made me sad, because it made it clear how good we had it with them.

Packers win the Super Bowl!

>>114873999I would put that 56 seconds up against anything from NuMST3K.

>>114874358Tom’s voice is what cracked me up.

>>114874650Using an Asylum movie is stupid. I hate that they did that.

>>114893677To be fair, word is that was what Netflix wanted, more "obvious" and recognizable bad movies (also why they did Mac and Me). At least they did jock bro Pacific Rim and not something more mainstream like Sharknado.And yes, I know Rifftrax did Sharknado too, but I was against that too. Bad movies made "on purpose" just don't have that same genuineness that makes real bad movies so endearing.

>>114893552>Sort of like Chris Evans being the perfect cinematic Captain America even though he hates TrumpBut that's a huge fucking contradiction

>>114893601What depresses me about the revival is that it feels like it just never really finds its footing. Jonah remains awkward through both seasons, he and the bots never really forge a solid dynamic, and the for me the biggest problem is the rapid-fire riffs. I don't know what the reasoning behind that is, maybe they felt that a more "modern" audience would have a shorter attention span and would need constant jokes, but this approach creates two huge problems: the first is that none of the jokes really get time to stick, and the second is that the sheer volume of them means there's more stinkers. If they spaced them out more it would give them room to remove some of the weaker ones, which would've gone a long way towards improving the overall product.But I guess it doesn't matter, it seems there won't be a third season and Joel is already trying a new host and new bot voices so if he does a re-revival in the near future it's probably going to be another soft reboot, either with this new girl or with someone else.

>>114893775>Bad movies made "on purpose" just don't have that same genuineness that makes real bad movies so endearing.Which is weird because one of the Jonah episodes (Avalanche, I think) had an entire skit protesting on-purpose bad movies as opposed to genuine/accidental bad movies.

>>114893614PACKERS! WOO

>season 11 filled with bubblesI get they were stitching together different takes because the Mads were "famous" people that probably didn't have the time on set to do more takes but it's intrusive and annoying.At least they had the foresight to have those fake commercial buffers.

>>114894048>At least they had the foresight to have those fake commercial buffers.I'm sad those were missing in Season 12. MST3K feels wrong without Commercial Sign.

>>114893890Why’s Joel rehiring?

Attached: barelyanyrats.jpg (1130x1079, 514.97K)

>>114894106Who knows. Maybe he realized the dynamic with Jonah wasn't working, or maybe he was going to start fresh regardless if Netflix didn't renew.

I'm worried Rifftrax Live won't go on this year.I mean there might be a dozen people at every event I've gone to, but theaters might not be open?

Little Richard dying reminded me to rewatch the Catalina Caper episode. One of my favorites. If you don't recall, Richard has a cameo movie number (with the joke, "Little Richard, the only real talent in this movie." No shit). Catalina Caper is an interesting episode to me cause the movie is a comedy, but it fails so spectacularly at it. I think it's the only straight comedy they did in the original run. It makes sense; making fun of a comedy would be redundant, if the comedy was funny.Every bit of the movie itself (save Richard's aforementioned music number, which isn't great but given what it's surrounded by may as well be manna from God) is just so utterly lame and weak it's very easy to mock.

>>114894093wait, they were?that's terrible

>>114894269Little Richard was in a movie on MST? Wasn't he popular and talented enough to be preferred for, you know, good movies?

Boggy Creek 2 was the best one imo

MST3k helped me appreciate bad movies.>>114894322Work is work, dear user.

>>114894382It's definitely good, but don't know if I'd call it the best. For me, that's probably, Mike era, Werewolf, and Joel era, probably I Accuse My Parents. God, that fucking milquetoast dork, did you not just want to beat that whiny little he-bitch with a stick?

>>114894382I actually didn't much like that one because the movie itself was so dull even with the jokes, which are really good, it actually makes me sleepy somehow.

>>114893899>>114893775Atlantic Rim is trickyAsylum started off just making low budget shit, then they started ripping off titles of popular movies, then they went into making movies bad on purpose instead of simply reaching beyond their graspAtlantic Rim is definitely a knock-off with a smaller budget, but I think it's more just trying to confuse an ill-informed consumer than go "ha ha this is a bad movie"once things like The Room became really popular, Asylum pivoted their strategy a bitSharknado really makes it clear they want to be so bad it's good, but Atlantic Rim didn't have any self-awareness to itthe thing that makes it even harder to suss out is while Sharknado and Atlantic Rim have that difference in awareness, they were released in the same year by Asylum

>>114894322Plenty of talented people were in Mst3k movies. In fact, several jokes regarding Raul Julia in Overdrawn at the Memory Bank were how much that movie was beneath him. Granted, he did die right before they made the episode and wanted to be respectful but still.

>>114893552do you think Captain America would like President Trump?

>>114894217Oh, theaters will be open. The country is rapidly shifting into "who cares if people die, get back to work" mode.

>>114894426>where’s the money ya sonofabitch?!

>>114871591Joel and Mike both bring different qualities to their riffs and thus are not comparable. Joel had a lot of improv, Mike insisted on scripts to increase quality. Both have their merits.

>>114894445Of course he would. Trump is the first president since Reagan to actually uphold American values.

Have I told how important springs are?

Attached: E573F5EA-66E7-45DB-89E3-E317FD53A149.jpg (10000x10000, 2.84M)

>>114894489You'll be the first to die

>>114894489Springs are worthless. The world would be better off without them.

>>114894322MST3k movies had tons of really great entertainers. Raul Julia in Overdrawn, for example. They actually made a reference to one of his best roles, that of Archbishop Romero in 'Romero'. He was amazing. But he also did that godawful tripe.Work is work.If it's any comfort, Little Richard was so amazingly high in that scene in Catalina Caper. He was clearly in a whole different, much happier world.

>>114894474American has no values. I'm glad you're getting ass raped by the virus. The European Union will be the new world superpower along with China, and America will be balkanized into multiple third world countries.

>>114894489You spread the dark gospel of the mephetic imp Coily, and must be destroyed.

>>114894444It was pretty much a fact that Raul Julia was in a lot of movies that he was too good for though.

Women.Women women women women women.

Attached: crow women.jpg (480x360, 18.84K)

>>114894543>Little Richard was so amazingly high in that scene in Catalina Caper>"I think I see a bright young singer hopped up on the goofballs.">"Oh? Is he on screen?">"Yes, and his head is about ten feet tall."

>>114890758The first VHS I bought of the series. Still makes me laugh. “ Freeze, kitchen!”

>day of the rakeyoutu.be/HgKwPrm7DYQ

What is the unironic best riffed movie and why is it Moon Two Zero?

Attached: 1443956354381.jpg (470x360, 81.13K)

>>114894543Oh yeah."Raul, come back in be in this bad movie young man!""But I'm signed to play Archbishop Romero!"

>>114894650>Moon Two ZeroYou can't even get the name of a bad movie right.

>>114877137>>114888730Mac and Me is one of my favorite movies, just due to how terrible it is. I love the episode, but just left me disappointed in seeing how much they cut out of movies, especially when it's a gold mine like Mac and Me.>>114889975>Trace actually thinks all news about North Korea is propaganda created by the Feds

>>114894681>Trace actually thinks all news about North Korea is propaganda created by the FedsBut it is. North Korea has a higher standard of living than the US.

>>114894650Memes aside, I felt like Final Sacrifice could be good or at least decent if they had a bigger budget and tweaked the plot a bit. The music for it was unironically kino.

>>114894699To be fair, it really was just like a college film project, right? Can't expect too much from something that more or less literally possessed no budget.

>>114894650I wonder Why?

Attached: 7TUiIn.gif (400x300, 1.3M)

British dance troupe The Go-Jos appear in MOON ZERO TWO as a group of boogie-ing bar dancers.

Attached: ee74b3693d91050d6436f73c575ae93e.jpg (667x664, 75.75K)

>>114871148I'd say it's Holla Forums, but with a "n" word card.

>>114894696Okay tankie

>>114889975I hate Trump and even I had to unfollow Bill on Twitter because he was so fucking obnoxious about it.

>>114894549Go to bed, Mohammad

>>114894269that movie and episode is honestly kinda surreal for me cause I have family on Catalina Island

youtube.com/watch?v=DDg_aLEHUsY

"I'm not a violent man but if you take my last stamp, I'll kill you""Did you have to shoot him RIGHT in the face, Ted? "

Fun Fact: Kim Catrall saw this episode by random chance and was flattered by Crow's affections, so she had a bouquet of flowers sent to him. Yes, she sent flowers to Crow T. Robot. youtube.com/watch?v=jVMb5QN9TS8

>>114894650if we're discounting This Island Earth from the running, I'd probably give it to The Brute Man, at least of the ones I've seen

>>114894650This Island Earth isn't a bad movie at all. A little dated but the effects are good for the time and The Mutant is a badass monster design.Discounting that, I'd probably say Marooned. It's dull and slow but Gregory Peck and Gene Hackman put in great performances. The shots of the ship and the astronauts are impressive. It's also an interesting time capsule of the Space Race.

>>114889208She also owns the rights to It Conquered The World and a few other AIP movies. I think they fall into PD when she kicks the bucket.

>>114895379>This Island Earth isn't a bad movie at all. A little dated but the effects are good for the time and The Mutant is a badass monster design.The MST crew didn't want to do This Island Earth but Universal insisted they use a movie that they (Universal) owned, so I guess TIE was the best choice out of what they had.

>>114873999The Ingmar Bergman one is probably their best skit, IMO, but this one always makes me laugh.

>>114874307no respect I tell ya, no respect at all

>>114894568Julia also did few things nobody really knows or talks about. Movies like Tango Bar, which is a mix of history of Tango and about pair of friends who are musicians who during a politically tumultuous time split up their act and then meet again years later when the oppressive Argentinian government has fallen. It was up as an Oscar nominee spot for Puerto Rico but didn't make it through. Another good one is Down Came a Blackbird, which is about torture survivors dealing with PTSD. I also like Compromising Positions which is kinda funny 80s suburbian, kinda comedic whodunit story with Susan Sarandon where a local playboy dentist gets murdered and Sarandon, a housewife, starts investigating it much to the chagrin of Raul Julia, who plays the detective working the case. It has a nice will they or won't they romance subplot about the two of them that for once isn't annoying or poorly done.

>>114894699Final Sacrifice to me is one of those legit great movies in MSTK.

>>114873034Joel is the cornerstone of MST3K+ but Mike ran a better show

>>114890509>people don't simply make up things about trump Oh user. What do you think the Russia shit was?

>>114889208Enjoy!youtube.com/watch?v=vAvPPr0OK_gMST3K 309 The Amazing Colossal Man

>>114895996Something that had a good reason to be looked at considering how much lies and suspicion there was about it from the Trump camp. And it lead to multiple people getting sentenced and put to jail over crimes they had committed so there was a good reason to look into it.

>>114896164The Justice Department on Thursday moved to drop its case against former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, in a stunning development that comes after internal memos were released raising serious questions about the nature of the investigation that led to Flynn’s late 2017 guilty plea of lying to the FBI.The announcement came in a court filing "after a considered review of all the facts and circumstances of this case, including newly discovered and disclosed information," as the department put it. DOJ officials said they concluded that Flynn's interview by the FBI was "untethered to, and unjustified by, the FBI's counterintelligence investigation into Mr. Flynn" and that the interview was "conducted without any legitimate investigative basis."TL;DR politics should be separated from entertainment

>>114896164Doesn't help that John Podesta told lawmakers payment for Steele dossier was Split 50-50 between DNC and CampaignThe Dossier being the basis of the whole investigation

>>114874307i went on a nice afternoon walk through the neighborhood with a friend yesterday and got yelled at by a family of armenians for not wearing a mask.

>>114896184>former acting Assistant Attorney General for National Security Mary McCord accused top officials of a "disingenuous" use of statements she made to the Justice Department following her retirement from the agency in order to explain why the department would no longer pursue charges against Flynn.>In a motion to dismiss the case against Flynn on Thursday, Barr and acting U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Timothy Shea cited an interview with McCord more than two dozen times to suggest that the FBI's interview with Flynn was unwarranted>"It has no bearing on whether Mr. Flynn’s lies to the F.B.I. were material to the clear counterintelligence threat posed by the susceptible position Mr. Flynn put himself in when he told Mr. Pence and others in the new administration that he had not discussed the sanctions with Mr. Kislyak. The materiality is obvious," she concluded.TL;DR then stop talking about politics

>>114871148No, it's pure Holla Forumscore. Puppets are not animation.

I wish they’d riff more modern shit movies. Atlantic rim was a good start Are tons of 2000s straight to DVD shit

I always wondered why they didn't reuse some of the non-Sandy Frank movies from KTMA. The Last Chase was a funny one.

>>114896364>Animated objects are not animationRight...

>>114894945And she was forever immortalized in MST canon by being revealed as Kinga's mother.

I thought the celebrity cameos in the new seasons were terrible. Part of the charm of MST3K was its homespun nature and I feel like the immersion loses something.

>>114897705i guess a sock puppet really is no different from a laika movie.

>>114898745Sock puppets are not animation since it's just an extension of a costume

>>114899101and stop motion is just photos of props, technically

>>114896364Moot said puppets were Holla Forums, and mods have stuck to that. If you have a problem with it go beg Hiroshimoot to punish the heathen puppet talkers.

The one downside of rifftrax and MST3K is that they make a lot of pop culture references that my 23 year old brain isn't privy too. Like the Kansas City Royals.

>>114871148I do not speak on behalf of the staff on 4chan, I'm just someone who observes them and makes notes of their opinions and actions. Your question; does MST3K count as Holla Forums? Ultimately no, it is more so Holla Forums; however it would be underappreciated there, so in this particular instance kind of yes, but it does not set precedence for other shows regarding puppets such as The Dark Crystal, Sesame Street; or shows that use costumes to deliver their content such as HP PuffnStuff, or Barney. Consider it a special exception because its incredibly based, just like with Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, and to a lesser extent, Aggretsuko.

Attached: FILE54634.jpg (400x400, 68.74K)

>>114899162That's half the beauty of MST3k, a good chunk of their jokes are extremely esoteric even to the most hardened viewers. Who the hell makes so many time-frame specific Wisconsin jokes?

>>114899265>he doesn't know puppets were literally declared Holla Forums years ago

>>114899332>PACKERS! Packers win the Super Bowl! WOOOO!!

>>114899265Sesame street has used cartoon animation since the 70'syoutube.com/watch?v=Xr8vUTm64h0

>>114871332Same. it's nice Tubitv has a bunch of the movies and shorts

>>114894474>to actually uphold Israeli valuesFixed

>>114899332well it was filmed at a Wisconsin television station

>>114899523>being this dumb

>>114899587Minnesota was where it started.Wisconsin was the butt of many jokes in MST, such as the mocking PACKERS scream due to the Vikings having lost the Super Bowl to them that year.

>>114899336so /fur/ is still a thing right? :^) it technically is, its just called /trash/That, and you don't have to tell me that, its more so a reflection of the one janitor here on Holla Forums who seems to have a problem with Jim Henson stuff that isn't Muppet Babies. But that is neither here or there; with his assumed firing (as Holla Forums's quality of thread maitenance has dropped significantly) there is more so a higher leeway in the future for such media to actually be discussed. >>114899450Well color me surprised, do they still do that nowadays or was it something that was phased out?

>>114899352No more schools! More hockey arenas!

>>114899793>and you don't have to tell me thatApparently I do since you literally didn't know puppets were declare Holla Forums and have been regularly posted here for years.

>>114899793It looks flash based nowadaysyoutube.com/watch?v=uB8sr4oIKWY

>>114899864Are you mayhaps stupid who is inable to read things beyond a certain point and cannot affix two topics together? I do not speak in as any final ruling; I only speak on how moderators and janitors move and deal with things. Puppets, despite being declared Holla Forums by Moot have not been tolerated on Holla Forums for the past 2-3 years due to a specific janitor, who has likewise been fired as evidenced by the drop in quality of Holla Forums as of late. This particular janitor, who I'll call No Fun John kept a tight hold on Holla Forums to the point it was extremely iron handed. However, No Fun John went a bit too far with some things, and likewise has lost the position of janitor because he started pushing his own agenda rather than enforcing the rules. So with the death of No Fun John, a new era of Holla Forums begins...where and what that is ultimately depends on the newblood that comes into Holla Forums, and likewise if the mod who likes to oversee this board decides to leave in their hands or not. The last time that happened, No Fun John turned this place into a commie bloc. Like I said, I just observe them, and their opinions are not my own; likewise my opinions are not theirs as we are two very different individuals with our own places on 4chan.

Attached: 24234242356525.png (1280x905, 273.53K)

>>114899999while I respect your quints, I hate the video that you posted. I hate everything about this. Congratulations.

>>114900085>I do not speak in as any final rulingWho the fuck talks like this?

>>114900185I do, is that a problem for you?

>>114900085>trying desperately to seem intelligent after being caught being stupid

Attached: 1296803414541.jpg (391x573, 97.72K)

>>114899793>Well color me surprisedHow fucking young are you that you don't remember Sesame Street having animation?

>>114899265Puppets have been Holla Forums forever. If anything makes MST3K not Holla Forums, it's the movies.

>>114900212>I notice what the janitors do, they didn't like puppets. >BuT mOoT sAiD! >Yes he did, but still the jannies did what the jannies did, and that's why they got fired. >You are dumb. I'm enjoying this, keep going ;) >>114900268I didn't watch public programming, I was a Scooby Doo on TBS and Cartoon Cartoon Fridays on Cartoon Network sort of kid. >why don't you know as an adult? I'm not a parent yet, and I still don't watch public programming, especially ones targeted to children. >>114900292I only note the attitudes of 4chan staff, not the actual rules or interpretations of how its meant to be. I'm neither a mod or janny, Like I said, now with No Fun John out of the way, maybe we can actually have puppet threads on Holla Forums without being deleted because of personal agendas/preferences.

Attached: DO IT FGT.png (385x385, 104.18K)

>>114900140Hey, they're doctors but they do puppet shows too!

>>114893494Great fucking taste

>>114895397Let's hope so. She's so nuts, she reportedly sends PIs into conventions to see if anybody is running her movies without her permission.

>>114901539Oh come on. I'm sure that at least is an exaggeration. Who would be so cartoonishly goofy as to waste money on the barest suspicion of something like that?

>>114896555I mean, that's basically what RiffTrax is for.

>>114897762While I appreciated the callback, that joke never sat right with me. Kim Cattrall was a Crow thing, not a Dr. Forrester thing. Did they just say "Eh, it's still Trace either way. Close enough."?

>>114901609Susan Hart has been known to sue TV networks like A&E over running tiny segments of her films for documentaries. She doesn't care about the Fair Use doctrine. In her mind, nobody touches her films.

>>114898673I didn't mind the Mark Hamill one because at least it felt like he was playing an actual character. But guys like Jerry Seinfeld and Neil Patrick Harris definitely felt like a blatant "HEY GUYS I'M A CELEB MAKING A FUNNY CELEB CAMEO!"

>>114901836NPH was solely for the Dr. Horrible callback between him and Felicia Day.

>>114901539>>114901788Who is this lady and why is she insane over movies like Amazing Colossal Man?

>>114901894Susan Hart = SatanKim Cattrall = Goddess

>>114901609>cartoonishly goofyMy friend, you do not know Susan Hart. Yet you've described her perfectly.A normal adult should be possessed of reasonably average intelligence and a basic ability to reason.Hart has neither. She is a ridiculous parody of a woman who to whatever reason she was given, she has long since waved goodbye, because she is a fucking nutbar.

>>114887611I really wish they'd get Toho onboard to releasing a set of the two Godzilla movies like they did with the Gamera set they put out years ago.

>>114902510Toho threw a shitfit when they found out about MST3K riffing Godzilla vs Megalon and Godzilla Vs The Sea Monster so it probably will never happen.

>>114903097To be fair, MST3K had thought they'd gained the rights through an official, legit third party but then it turned out said third party wasn't so legit or official. So that probably didn't help.

>>114903097Japan doesn't like people mocking Godzilla, especially when it's not the Japanese doing the mocking.

>>114903133Wasn't Godzilla vs Megalon public domain?

>>114903141Actually it was this>>114903133Toho have subsequently gotten even more defensive of their stuff. Apparently a lot of people were 'licensing' their materials via fraud and they hadn't been aware of it. Had kind of a reaction.

>>114880300>Can you imagine if the original show never explained the Joel/Mike transition?In what episode does the show explain why Mike replaced Joel? Because, I've never freaking seen it.

>>114903241Mitchell, the literal halfway point of Season 5.

>>114903187No, never has been (like Toho would allow that to happen to one of their precious films). But something happened where a lot of people/companies thought it was, which is why there were a lot of shitty quickie releases of it in the 90s. It's because of this that MST3K mistakenly got the rights for the movie without actually getting the rights for the movie.

>>114903241Mitchell. Joel's last episode. It explains it. Mike is in it in Deep 13. for the host segments as a temp worker.

>>114903241Joel's last episode is Mitchell (which introduces Mike). The next episode, The Brain That Wouldn't Die, is Mike's first episode as host.

>>114903217Well, it was fraud perse, at least in some cases, but an aforementioned mistake of people thinking their material was PD, when it's not. I have heard some people have claimed to be able to legally license things they aren't allowed to in reality, but I think its more been the mistaken belief their movies are in public domain that has really gotten Toho pissed.

>>114903324>wasn't fraudNot was.Stupid autocorrect. How can it not recognize 'wasn't'?

>>114903241>Deep 13 is being audited and Mike is the temp worker assigned to the job while Joel is watching his movie ("Mitchell")>During one of the intermissions, Gypsy overhears the Mads' plan to kill Mike after the audit, but misses some details and mistakenly thinks they're going to kill Joel>With some help from Mike, Gypsy finds an escape pod in the SOL (hidden in a box of Hamdingers) and uses it to get Joel back to Earth after the movie is over>The Mads are furious at Joel's escape... and then they remember Mike and shoot HIM up to the SOL. He becomes the host from the next episode onward ("The Brain That Wouldn't Die").

I'm still mad we never got an explanation as to how the Bots were back on the Satellite of Love. Did Kinga conk the originals on the noggin and then shoot 'em (back) into space? Did she build her own new Bots so her version of MST3K would have that sweet, sweet nostalgic brand recognition? I assume it's the latter, but who knows if that's actually the intent or not. Joel said we were gonna get an explanation in Season 12 but then we never did.

Attached: gal-bot-crow-gypsy-tom-servo-jpg.jpg (1200x1500, 277.19K)

BEST SHORT?

>>114904110So many good ones, but "A Case of Spring Fever" gave us the Dark God himself.>NOOOOoooo springs! WEEPwoop!

>>114903876I think Season 12 was meant to be longer.>>114904110Discounting Mr. B Natural, I've always had a soft spot for A Date With Your Family.>Father feigns eating, chews Junior out and then disowns him!

>Got the wife killer to act in the numst3k seriesWhat a shame.

>>114904148Season 12 was Netflix giving Joel the barest minimum of support to finish his storyline before kicking him out. Comedy Central did the same thing before dropping the show in Season 7.

>>114904148>I think Season 12 was meant to be longer.Even if it was, that info should've been in Season 11, really.

>>114904178Which I don't understand. Netflix makes a huge deal about resurrecting an iconic cult show and then cans it after one and a half seasons?

>>114903876I liked an idea from years ago that Gypsy was lonely and tricked them all onto another SoL.And Multi Billionaire doing insane space projects in in vogue right now.

>>114904139

Attached: coily the co sprite.jpg (900x900, 239.16K)

>>114880529Jonah gives me the creeps.

>>114904139>COILY? Eww.

>>114904227I think despite it all, the viewership results fell way short of what Netflix had hoped, and the high production costs were a turn-off as well. Basically, if you can't please Netflix in a season, you're dead meat.

>>114893218there are new bots on mst3k?

>>114904293I don't get it.

>>114904509>Coily, meet E.coli.

>>114904509Some American midwestern slang. A 'coil' can be a pile of shit, 'coiling a cobra' can mean to take a shit. The character is 'Coil-y'.

>>114904390>the high production costs were a turn-off as wellHow fucking dare they, The fans basically paid for that season. They gave them like three million dollars PAST their goal amount. Not to mention MST is just a cheap show in general (or at least it's supposed to be). What the fuck did Netflix even have to pay for aside from the show rights?>>114904404In Season 12. They had potential but were vastly underused.

>>114871148You know they had a comic book, didn't last long but it was enjoyable while it lasted.

>>114904586>>114904586Netflix got a good deal on the IP at the our expenseWhat would the gravestone say?

>>114904816>What would the gravestone say?Here lies Netflix"Suckers!"

>>114880529He’s just so boring. Joel was laid back, but had a very fun and relaxing personality. Mike was full throttle charisma, and knew how to deliver lines even better than Joel.Jonah has nothing. He’s just there. You have no sense of personality, no bite to his delivery, nothing. The Bots are in the same boat. Kevin Murphy as Servo and Trace and Bill were filled with personality as Crow, and none of that comes out.Even the Mads are the lamest ones.

Why did Weinstein leave after the first CC season?

>>114880603I don’t really get this response. Are you implying they didn’t have a great cast? Because that’s wrong.

>>114905615Josh preferred more improv but the channel was demanding things be more scripted, so he had a little falling out. That, and he was actually a teenager and his mother wanted him to focus on going to college, so by season 2, Frank replaced him as a Mad, and of course Tom would be then on done by Kevin.

youtube.com/watch?v=Iezs40BPAb0https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ttMxetJYQMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0nPUJB2xt0MST3K with vintage commercials included for maximum comfy

>>114893218Why do the new ones look so similar to Crow and Servo, what's even the point

>>114905640No, I love MST3K and its cast, but I'm not going to pretend like they were the pinnacle of acting to the point that Jonah (or Felicia and Patton) are out of place, is all I meant.>>114905895M. Waverly (the orange one) is rather small and Growler (the green one) is a Muppet-style puppet with a hand-mouth and fully functioning "glove" hands/arms (he sounds and behaves almost exactly like Rowlf the Dog, as Jonah purposely points out he designed him as such). Honestly, they had potential (at least Growler did, I'm still kinda on the fence about Waverly), but they didn't even get used in a skit until episode five out of six, which was stupid.

>>114905895REMEMBER ROWLF THE DOGthat's it

>>114904269>No Holla Forums?! I don't care, there's still butter and meatloaf.

>>114871647Agreed. That episode was mint

>>114907215>I'll show Holla Forumsily! I'm going to get paper and ink comics!

>>114907215And waffles! Never forget the glorious waffles.

>>114874234is there a mega of the rifftrax or a place they've been uploaded with the movies?

Attached: 1577908844278.png (620x597, 1.41M)

>>114907370Yes, it's called Hell. WHERE LIARS AND THIEVES BURN

I'm interested, how many anons lurking in the thread are from Australia? The only exposure to mst3k here is through the internet so it's rare to find someone else who knows about it.

>>114907746I'm not from Australia, but I did actually see it first while visiting cousins who are from Sydney. Mutual other cousins of ours from the US actually sent them tapes of it in the 90s and loved it so while visiting from Ireland they showed me my first exposure to MST.It was very circuitous.

Twitch is running Rocket Attack USA. First episode to add a stinger at the end of the show.

>>114907781Haha, that's great! It would've been sick to watch this show in the 90s. I would guess it's not in Ireland much either.A bit offtopic but did your Sydney cousins introduce you to Russell Coight's All Aussie Adventures?

>>114907922>....HELP ME.And what a stinger it was.

>>114871148I miss the MST3K fics archive

>>114908842>tfw discovered MST3K because of Ranma 1/2 MST fanfics

Attached: 1307537331378.jpg (200x200, 11.88K)

>>114908842>Remembering the fad of bad fanfic riffings in the early 2000s>Remembering the ones that use anime characters in place of the host and BotsGood times...

>>114909175It's kinda cracky, but Ranma would make a great Host.

>>114909311In the day, I was a fan of a line of fic-riffs with the Cardcaptor Sakura cast. It was my first introduction to MST3K's concept, and also where I learned the names and details of CCS that the dub twisted up.

>>114890758Mitchell vs. Geronimo. Who wins?

>>114909580Whoever doesn't collapse of heart failure first as they race their boats at 15 MPH to snag the last case of Schlitz.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Wg4_h8ZXeESo this exists.

>>114907922Now showing Being From Another Planet

>>114908842I completely forgot about those, I remember reading Bubblegum Crisis: Raging Fires as a teen

youtube.com/watch?v=mJU30ZutelYSay what you will about new MST3K, this was a great song/skit. Forgive the shit video, a normal version apparently doesn't exist on YouTube.

Attached: MST3K-Concepts.jpg (1728x972, 259.07K)

>>114871148Now Holla Forums, remember to believe in magic, or I'll kill you

Attached: merlins-shop-of-mystical-wonders.jpg (1440x750, 70.75K)

>>114912230>Rock 'n Roll Martian! *clank* *clank*>Rock 'n Roll Martian! *clank* *clank*

“We learned not to send Polacks into space” - CrowIs still my favorite line.

>>114904269>where does Holla Forumsily fit into gods plan moot?

Attached: 1341383660752.jpg (362x480, 35.02K)

>>114905615Joel said and I quote "he was 19 years old"

>>1149122703 years of dish washing and that song was stuck in my head for most of it

Attached: 1341384298861.jpg (480x346, 21.21K)

>>114871591re: joel vs mike, I generally prefer joel if only because Mike and bots' jokes seem noticeably more vitriolic than the early seasons, but it really comes down to a personality preference. Joel makes a lot of bong jokes and has a stonery persona overall, and I can see how that could turn people off.>>114871647>Your experiment this week, Joel, is called Pod People. It has nothing to do with pods, it has nothing to do with people; it has everything to do with hurting.Absolutely apex. Idiot Control, the public domain karaoke machine, Smucker's Brand Peroxide, HUZZAH. So many classic quips in one episode, easily one of the best. Doesnt quite edge out pic related in my book, but damn close.

Attached: megaweapon.png (600x638, 499.66K)

>>114912740>YAAAAY, MEGAWEAPON!!! I'm gonna name my first kid after him.

So am I the only one that never got used to Bill's Crow?

>>114910352Now showing: Ring of Terror

>>114871148Time of the Apes is one of my all time favorites, honestly most of the shitty localized dub movies are hilarious in combination with themI DON'T CARE!!!

>>114893890Yeah, like the real issue is with the writing. MST3K has some of the sharpest comic writing out there, and the revival seemed to totally lose that confidence.

>>114913245The original Best Brains writers were a group of close friends who knew how to play to each others' strengths for maximum comedic effect.The Netflix writers were just generic Hollywood writers.

I liked the Netflix episodes, but I fully acknowledge that they aren't close to peak MST3K. Joel went into it knowing that they wouldn't be on par, even going as far as to say that people should compare it more to the first season than any later seasons.I feel like if Netflix had given it more of a chance and given more room for the cast and writers to get comfortable then it could have reached closer to the classic episodes. A shame that the Gauntlet episodes were marred by Netflix assuming that the show would have fit their platforms binge-watch strategy.That's why we only got six of them, you know. Though we did get "Mac and Me" out of it.>>114874702>>114874753During the Turkey Day Marathon from like two years ago, Joel and Jonah commented that they thought "Circus Magic" would be the fan-favorite episode of the season only for it to become "Cry Wilderness", which was the Netflix entry in that year's marathon.

what a ride this thread was.

>>114913311From what I heard, nobody even knew Carnival Magic existed until somebody found a copy in a collector's vault and offered it to Joel for riffing.

>>114907370Rifftrax is one of the few things you should actually buy. But as for free shit, pluto tv has both a free MST3K channel and a Rifftrax channel. And that is all you are going to get out of me.

>>114887640I suggest the Freshstep MST3K+1 torrent series on MySpleen, if you have an account. Otherwise, straight DVD ISOs you can convert in Handbrake will do fine.

>>114913053I did eventually, but it took me the longest time. He was funny and enjoyable, but something about his take just kinda struck me as not very Crow-y. It eventually 'clicked' with me and I love it now, though.

>>114871591The Joel episodes only got better when Mike became a writer for the show, and then took over as host proper. Joel's improv style was abysmal in the KTMA run. The movie (This Island Earth) was the best. Humanoid Woman is the worst. We need more Jonah to test his chops and develop lore. Long live the invention exchange!

>>114898673>>114901836>>114901857I think I would have liked the cameos more if they had been more in-sync. They didn't have the same charm as the Hexfield Viewscreen, cutting back and forth between performers versus being within the same space.

>>114908842>>114909175>>114909255I have a text document somewhere on my computer that archives the unriffed versions of those Sailor Moon fanfictions with the hermaphrodite cat fucker.

>>114913519Yeah, I hated the lack of the Hexfield. Not only was it annoying to keep going back and forth, but it just reeked of "We couldn't actually get this celebrity on set! They cared, but not THAT much!"

>>114913320I've finally caught up myself, and boy howdy.>>114913381It's possible. I actually had a random VHS or DVD rip downloaded before Season 11 came out because I was sold on the description alone. I never watched it, though.>>114913575I almost feel that it was more a case that they paid for a green screen and wanted to use it.I think a compromise could have been met if they had parodied FaceTime/Skype chats somehow and had both sides of the conversation on screen at the same time. You could switch back and forth between screens, and still maintain a "natural" reason for both parties to be staring directly into the camera.

>>114913575I was surprised Bill showed up as Brain Guy. He was always something of the outsider among the Best Brains group, being the New Yorker with actual acting chops as opposed to the gang of comics from Minnesota who had to learn as they went.

>>114913612>green screen stuffOr maybe green screen the celebrities into the Hexfield like an actual screen instead of it being a window into a smaller room behind the bridge set. That solution actually seems really stupidly obvious.

>>114913693Perhaps, but we're looking at this in hindsight after all.Like I said before, I feel like the kinks and discomforts like this could have been ironed out had the series been given more chance to bloom.

Attached: you-people-bring-5bf385.png (800x500, 370.01K)

youtube.com/watch?v=R88T3ZHbvDM

>>114913919Trace trying not to crack is the best.

>>114913942Watch the Poopie bloopers. Seeing Trace and Kevin stay in character no matter how much the take and/or bots falls apart is simply incredible.

>>114913919Fix the tracking!

youtube.com/watch?v=fQsowfrKDEg

>>114914013>Crow: Oops, I'm sorry, I-->Servo: Trace, what were you thinking?!>Crow: I was thinking it would be nice if my hat was in the show...>Mike: Well it's not nice, is it now?>Crow: It was the hat that was given to me by-->Servo: Trace, we're wasting valuable tape!

>>114914061>A slow and ethereal version of the Torgo theme plays when he comes to rapture FrankIt's the little details that made him one of Mike's finest impressions.

>>114914099>(Crow sneaks down to Deep 13 and bumps into Dr. F, obviously a waist-down stand-in since Trace has to puppeteer)>"Hi, I'm not in this."

>>114913802Crow's eyes are so expressive... when they stay in. Many a take had been tanked by them falling out.>"ARGGH, I'M BLIND! OEDIPUS!"

>>114914122>SING THY PRAISES OF PANTS!>...Oh, shit.>Haha, oh, God.>Shit!>Shit, shit!

youtube.com/watch?v=G4eR-uZTJZ8

>>114914278>"Joel, I hate movies where the women wear shorter skirts... or the men wear... dammit!">"I love movies like that!"

>>114913942>>114914013>>114914099>>114914122reminds me of how in Danger Death Ray during the Tom Servo's Death Ray skit they had planned on setting Crow's head on fire, but they hadn't realized that the ping-pong balls they used for his eyes are incredibly flammable beyond what they had planned, so the whole bit where his face just bursts into flames and he starts screaming was an unintended accident that they kept because it made an already funny skit full bore hilarious;youtube.com/watch?v=CISRRn3wolk

>>114914365Holy Fuck! that's a great happy accident!

>>114914365The Mads couldn't keep it together when singing the Johnny Longtorso song in Monster-a-Go-Go, especially Frank. He barely avoids breaking down completely in the take that actually does get used in the episode.

What is it that Cambot says during Robot Roll Call? Not the 'you're on!' one but the later line. I always heard it as 'kill yourself' but that seems unlikely.

>>114914337>Tom: "Why, don'tcha know, I can just picture a common scene from the days of Ancient Greece: 'Oh, hi Her--" *falls off the desk*

>>114914455"Show yourself!"

>>114914395>Holy Fuck! that's a great happy accident!look up the MST3K bloopers video, they show this scene in there including a part that they chopped out that was also funny, also it's in higher resolution than the video I posted

>>114914474Thank you. That was actually driving me nuts.

>>114914496youtube.com/watch?v=M013NSukf1w

>>114914516No problem. I had to look it up a while back myself because I wasn't sure what he was saying either. The audio always fluctuates in episode intros, to the point that I'm convinced that you could identify individual episodes by the audio errors in the intro. I may be stupid, though.

>>114914503>Really makes you think don't it.>Mm hmm.>Really makes you wonder what the next line is doesn't it?>Oh yeah. Sure does.>Next line is yours buddy, might as well give it a tryThis is unironically better than the actual skit. This is perfect comedic chemistry right here.