NORMAL MODE, BUILD SERVER
NO ENEMY SPAWNS, TOTALLY FLAT AND DEVOID OF RESOURCES
IP: 136.62.84.129
Port: 27015

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/ofuwkkb28v5dxw8/-v--s_salt_realm.wld?dl=0
terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Extractinator
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dropbox.com/s/ofuwkkb28v5dxw8/-v--s_salt_realm.wld?dl=0 For anyone who wanted the previous world's file.

Can you increase the frequency of traps? The amount of lava/water in the caves? Replace all water in the caves with lava? Increase floating islands to a point where there's a solid cloud covering the world? Turn everything into corruption?
I want a weird just fuck my shit up server

This I can do, but i don't think people will appreciate it.
No.
Not sure to that extent, but 10x the 'normal' amount is doable.
The game's engine DOES have limits.
Not quite, but i can make the frequency of biomes incredibly high.

For a progression world, I don't think anyone will /want/ that. I could gen it and send you a wld file if you so wish, though.

We've had how many progression worlds now? People are so keen to rush through it anyway, might as well make it more challenging. It's what I'd do, but that's just me.

Corrupting the whole world would change the gameplay quite a bit in early game, because you'd need bombs to dig in some places and clear the biome yourself if you want NPC houses on the surface.

What do you mean by this? Wouldn't it just take longer to generate the world?

It'll flat out fucking crash and refuse to generate with more extreme settings. 100tile trees makes the game sperg as do many other things. Won't gen over a set number of chests, etc

i'm genuinely tempted to take one or two people, stick them as the only people capable of spawning bosses and ask them only to progress when there's people on and ALL are ready but I have a feeling i'll be lynched for doing so.

7 worlds now.

Weird, I wonder what the limitations are from. I guess the values aren't given enough bits to work with internally, or then the game uses some advanced algorithm for spreading things around and gets fucked if you go overboard.

Don't really care why, but it does. Sorry to disappoint.

lame
call me when I can stroll in with my chloroformphyte shotbow and holy arrows and have F U N

never.

Serb down

oh, that explains it.

Still down

So I don't play with people, but, or normally post in these threads. I have to ask; what the fuck are all these monsters in the image? I presume they are mods or something.

So I guess what I am really asking is where do I go to make Terraria more interesting?

Those aren't mods.

They're from the latest update which adds a rather boring "tower defense" event.

Serb down, panic

still ded

server down

is it still?

probably down

i ccant join!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fams. need to know what you faggits want on the progression world, reeee.

no hardmore ores, like 35 tile high trees and shat, not too hilly and a medium world, thats what i want matey. also like 2x floating islands

That sounds really horrible.
Half the fun of building is working around and with the environment.

I can always change it to have hills and the lot but for the most part other shit tends to get in the way from my experience

Just make the map fagggg

pansy

otherwise I agree with you

If I, can't at the very least,>>11493803
start parties and fight the etherian horde without having to play "Mother May I" then there's not much point to joining.

I understand why you would want this but if someone gets on late or misses a day then this would put them permanently behind unless you have some one obsessively farming and stocking gear and resources.

Snow world for one thing. Medium size map. Spawn the world with hallowed grass and pearlwood trees. Lots of sky islands. Big jungle temple. Lots of bee hives. Multiple giant livingwood trees if you can.

Start parties is something i need to look into, etherian horde is a known problem. Trying to figure out why it's not letting anyone BUT me, regardless of permissions, do it.

and yeah i understand that, it's not something i'm likely to actually change.

not doable game refuses to generate when snow biome exceeds a certain size
seems like everyone wants this
sure
sure
I can force them to generate, can't force numbers.
Game throws a shitfit on 'generating that normally without the world being HM, but can be clentaminated afterwards.
How big are we talking? I can push up to about 4.5x larger.

Do you have to go spend time with your wife or something?

you then know the land and its just a pain to walk 666km to anywhere

You can't replace normal forest with 1.1 style snow biomes?
Don't break the game but make it large enough to be worthwhile. Temple traps are trivial so winding passages full of lihzards and snakes are the only way to make it interesting.
How ever you have to do it is fine. I'd like to be able to start the game with pearlwood.

A man can fucking dream. I want it too, man. ;_;
It doesn't. I've pushed dungeon to 10x normal size and temple up to that full 4.5x without any problems. I can also amp up temple traps exclusively to the point it's insane.
I'll clentam a little bit for you.

Map generated when

When you write up the command line shit to get it to generate how you want. Give me a few minutes, working on it.

For those who don't want a large map, how about this: I lower the width of the map, but leave the height at a large map? So it'd be 6400x2400 instead of 6400x1800

pic not related

This is an interesting idea.

alright matey

Crim/corrupt and number of biomes? Default is 4.

I can run both, but a 'primary' is required, ie what the world gets 'tagged' with, dictating what biome chests spawn and a few other minor things.

just crimson matey

Aint you ever been on a hike son?

Plus building a massive highway/rail system is fun.

Alright, so we're looking at

Anything else you lot want changed? I have a few more settings but that's about it.

woah mate are you trying to block out the sun just make it like x2 or x3

are you saying you don't want to block out the sun

Aye

just make the map aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Progression server is up

Get in here, faggits.

dropped

Whatever, buddy.

Hey as long as you can own up to your shit taste I guess it's nobody's business.

G'luck chums.

Did you guys seriously come in here just to taunt OP?

I've been lurking these boards for a while. OP's been passively shilling his love for OW for a while now. Like that kid in real life who can't stop discussing his love for Naruto every chance he gets.

Do people still do that? I thought even the most diehard of Naruto fans renounced that show.

I'll be there in a bit everything is going wrong on my end at the moment.

What the fuck are you on about? Sure, I like the game, but I've said very little about it. I've done literally nothing on Holla Forums besides run the terraria servers and threads. Glad you're having fun being morally superior because you don't like a game. Go have fun with games instead of being a kike, good god. Let people enjoy what they like, even if you think it's trash. OW has a aspect to it I enjoy, as do many other games. It doesn't have to be perfect to be fun, especially not by Holla Forums's skewed ass standards for 'good games'.

Now shut up and go play games instead of bitching about things you don't like.

Anything that you need help with?

sexxxyyyyy

w e w, lad.

No I'm just stuck in a Solar Eclipse with a newly made character and I can't get my money back.

There's people my age that still dress as Bleach and Naruto characters every chance they get. There's no redemption for tasteless weebs who are attached to fandoms. much like OP's tasteless attraction to a shit game

Did I hit a chord? I never said you couldn't enjoy it I just said you had shit taste. You're showing your newness by taking such offense to it though. Stay troubled fam. I can't wait to watch the spaghetti start to leak if this is just how you take shittalk.

Bitter at the idea of people touting a superiority in 'taste' on Holla Forums ad nauseam. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's shit. I really don't give a fuck who likes it and who doesn't or whether or not it has a cancerous fandom. I stopped letting it ruin my enjoyment of stuff a few years back.

Gonna drop the hook now, it tasted like shit in the first place.

So basically back to what I said earlier. Enjoy your shit taste in a bad game OP. Nice to know you couldn't have done the smart move and took it like a champ instead of replying like a sperg.

He's to far gone user. Just enjoy the fact that we only listen to him at all because he's willing to host.

Yeah, sure. All of it's cancer, no exceptions, no content anywhere from anything can be funny if there's part of it that's trash.

have another, mate. play on the server or don't. Not sure what you gain out of this besides some temporary amusement.

So segueing away from the argument back to Terraria, post things you've built.

Yea no problem. If the entertainment is mutual then at least we're both getting something out of replying.

I have discovered that after 45 min of trying that it is impossible it convincingly recreate Klonoa in Terraria.

we need to build a wall

Is the server still up?

Who's going to pay for it?

Yes.

the mexicans

Goblin Army: Dead!
Current Progress: Meteorite Set, Goblins Down

Yeah that's kindof a fault with how i made the world gen. You guys wanted medium width large length and the minimap size is decided by width.

Still online, 5 players.
Progress Update:
Queen Bee: DEAD
Eye Of Cthulu: DEAD
Brain Of Cthulu: DEAD
Eater Of Worlds: DEAD
King Slime: DEAD
Skeletron: STILL AT LARGE
Wall Of Flesh: ALIVE
WORLD STILL PRE-HM, ARMOR PROGRESS GENERALLY STILL METEORITE/HELLSTONE.

Was I in the wrong?
Why do fucking retards do that?
I just pissed away a shit ton of hours playing legit cause it was fun than they went and god damn ruined it all.

Fucking lame.

Anyways, my question is, is there anything stopping people from pulling this same shit on other servers?
Like whats the point even aside from using to hang out and chat if everyone is just cheating anyways.

Server-side characters, as is on our server.
It's a buggy fucking mess functionality provided by TShock. Requires hosting a dedicated server though so it takes a bit of setup and some more bullshit than is really nessecary but otherwise no, you can't stop them from doing so.

In my honest opinion, no you weren't in the wrong for quitting. The moment you start cheating, and you know someone's cheating, your sense of accomplishment goes out the fucking window. Oh look, you have the Stardust wings, and the Solar armor, and cosmic car key… All things that require a bit of effort to obtain. Meanwhile I'm still wearing meteorite, and we haven't even killed the wall of flesh yet .. yeah I feel like our time playing together is over.

That's natural. I'd play coop with you, but typically if I coop with someone, we do it as a fresh start. Anyway, the problem with the Holla Forums servers is that progression is pretty inconsistent and either relies on you being a self-motivated person who is able to do the work alone, or you gotta be online when everyone can get their shit together and be online at the same time. And you need to be ready for a restart at any given time.

The server is still using a permissions mod, which seems completely unnecessary since all the permissions shit got laxed anyway. And the permissions are constantly fucking things up. You can't start the DD2 event unless you're an admin, clentaminator can only work on back walls if you can paint (which also required administrator), at one point you could spend the 30 minutes crafting a boss summoner only to have the server tell you "no fuck you" and consume your boss summon item without summoning the boss. The only mod that might be needed is SSC, but the permissions mod causes problems and at this time doesn't really provide a positive. With SSC it's not like you can just spawn a bunch of bombs and dynamite and then log in and wreak havoc. So just turn off permissions. At this time if someone really wants to grind out the money to buy 10 stacks of dynamite and apply gel to it and destroy spawn when no one is around, they're gonna do it. But no one's doing that because people aren't retards, you already killed griefing with SSC, so why punish your players like a game with a Denuvo infection?

There will never be a proper ocean biome in Terraria, and that sucks.

SSC ISN'T FUCKING DETACHABLE OTHERWISE I WOULD'VE DONE IT. THEY'RE TWO ENTERTWINED PIECES OF FUCKING TRASH THAT I CANNOT HAVE ONE WITHOUT THE OTHER AND IT PISSES ME OFF TOO I FUCKING HATE NEEDING THIS PERMISSIONS BULLSHIT BUT THAT'S HOW IT'S MADE GOD FUCKING DAMNIT

Ah, is that so? You compile the source, right? Any chance I can take a look at it?

No, I stick plugins to unfuck the garbage that is TShock. They don't touch the core functionality of GARBAGE that is the thing. Check their git for TShock's actual source. There used to be like, another 10-12 bugs that have gone unnoticed for nearly a fucking year that I partially fixed.

I did work on the custom worldgen stuff. Also good mp4. Have seen it constantly on /k/ and love it. She's a qt too

I think something I'm disliking the most about looking at this source is the inconsistent code practices. In some spots, it's well written and self-comments but they still provide comments anyway. In other parts, the code looks like shit and whoever wrote it didn't think to provide a comment.

Obviously the too many cooks syndrome.

Precisely. It's why I dare not to fuck with TShock's code. I'm afraid i'm going to make it fucking implode.

Worm is dead.

Do you think Sean gets to smell her outfit? Like after she is done fighting haha

Actually no he can't. His power is to see the end of things. It's represented by lines and dots which he cuts. They are literally called Mystic Eyes of DEATH PERCEPTION.

If something has no end he cannot kill them. Immortal things have no end.

Russian Overkill
Moonman Doom

Here we fucking go again.

DESTROYER DOWN MATEYS

I hope people are putting hardmode resources in chests.

TWINS BUM BLASTED

SKELETRON PRIME ABSOLUTELY RAPED
GG EZ

Did you seriously rush down the fucking WoF and all 3 mechs? This is why people fucking hate you.

This is precisely the reason I find it difficult to get excited about a Holla Forums Terrraria server. There's always one or two guys that rush through everything.
Not certain if there's much point for me to even come back until the server gets renewed since I have fossil armor.

I logged in and checked. I was not mistaken in the above statement.

Two fucking days.

Not much you can do about it, unless you write some fuccboi script that prevents each boss from being activated before X time has passed. People been working on exams and studying and tallying student grades, but now everyone's got time again.

Actually, OP, just an idea but consider a forced Expert Hardcore server. If you can't pull that off in the configuration somewhere, you could probably rig up a script that bans people who die with a temporary ban list (or just bans non-HC characters) that you can then wipe when you reset the map. When people have to worry about dying, progress will slow down considerably.

Did it before. Caused considerable salt and infinite amounts of ragequits.

permadeath in terraria is quite literally the most autistic thing ever conceived, so many retarded ways you can accidentally die, couple that with the fact that if you lag whatsoever that thing you just killed can actually be on top of you at 70% Health and have been beating your ass for several server ticks. God forbid you try and fight moonman.

How much control do you have over world generation with TShock or what ever it is you are using?

You'd really need to do that, otherwise you always have that one or two autists who will speedrun to the end with or without you.

I mean think about this; if you spawned only 2 bosses per day, the server would still only last a week. But how many people would be satisfied with only 2 bosses and then building/farming the rest of the day? I might as well be the only one.

Eh, who knows how well that would work. Anyway I recently took up a new hobby, modding Terraria. So I decided not to return to the server cause I'm working on the mod thing. The API is fairly annoying to work with because of how poor the documentation is, but that's to be expected, yeah? I'm thinking maybe I can come up with something that curbs rapid progression even on a large population server. Only thing is, it requires installing tModLoader, which means you need 2 Terraria folders, one for vanilla the other for tModLoader. That's what I've been doing so far.

but back to the topic .. What if instead of "2 bosses per day" the restriction was something more like "unlock 1 boss per day?" If you start with Eye of Cthulhu, then do King Slime, then Queen Bee, etc that could work. That's potentially 2+ weeks' worth of staggered content.

Who keeps removing the pre-HM ores? Who the fuck removed the chest full of pre-HM ores? Why is someone so fucking obsessed with removing a useful container?

Holy fuck get this, I exit and return to find HALF of the meteorite chest. So I was wrong, someone didn't take the chest, the game made it fucking invisible!

Never heard of that bug before, can you take a screenshot of it?

Man, if I knew how to mod, I wouldn't even know what to do first because there's so many things I'd want to do. I'd probably make some kind of total overhaul mod that changes the entire game and tweaks random things.

As the first thing I'd expand the damn inventory by adding a post-moonman item that works similarly to the floating piggybank. It would create a portal that sucks up nearby items and places it into the inventory or piggy/safe/forge storage of the closest player, and also allows you to access all your personal storage along with all nearby chests from the same interface, and craft from them if the portal interface is open.

Rebalance the grabbling hooks by making the earliest hooks reach only 1-2 blocks far and/or shooting at a slow velocity, and making later tier hooks able to shoot two or more at once like the dual hook.

Rebalance the entire melee class so that it shoots less shit. The old man army weapons have many good ideas for how to do melee right; create projectiles WHEN YOU HIT SOMETHING, shoot short ranged projectiles/explosions, create a "projectile" that essentially extends the weapon reach somewhat but doesn't shoot things, allow right click to counter enemy attacks. Example melee weapons that have endgame-capable ideas: both Scythes, Pumpkin Sword, Psycho knife, all old man army weapons, Chain Guillotines, Flairon, Mushroom Spear, Chlorophyte weapons, Solar Eruption, Arkhalis. Also ALL melee weapons have autoswing, jesus christ. I'd also make all short swords aimable. They have very short range so they wouldn't replace spears, but they would at least have a reason to exist.

I'd also try to make the wall climbing claws work for any kind of wall rather than just a 3+ block tall one, so you can easily climb any wall as long as it doesn't curve outward. I'd also want to make the double climbing claw and ninja gear to allow you to climb upwards on a wall, and cling onto a background wall, maybe if you double press down it would grab onto it. Also climb on the ceiling if holding jump button.

Make sentry summons stay forever, but give them a health bar, and make enemies aggressive towards them if they can't reach you.
Make all sentries function identically in Old Man's Army; you can spawn as many as your default cap is, and the green things allow you to expand from that. Remove that stupid requirement to beat the army before you can use the items outside of it. Add early tier sentry that's craftable from iron and grenades, and make slime staff like 0.1-2% drop chance depending on the slime type.

Make most of the statues do something. Monster statues spawn something obviously. Others could provide buffs to anyone who stands close when activated, for example the boot statue could give a +30% movement boost for 10-30 seconds.

Add hoppers and item transport pipes. Hopper would pick up items from on top of it and send it along the pipe. Junctions can only have 1 exit direction, which can be toggled with wire or hammer. The item them pops out into the world or enters a chest when it reaches the end. Add an advanced luminite conveyor belt that moves enemies.

Add a way to travel between worlds in-game, to support for instance an ocean/space/planet core levels which I might be interested of adding myself. I'd also like to try adding new biomes and structures, such as Dungeon Cellar that's only available in hardmode, a huge cloud biome that has a golden castle dungeon in it, and an under-sea coral biome similar to jungle that's completely filled with water.

And of course add many different accessory combinations that should exist already, like combining mana flower or frog leg with something else, and making lava waders great again.

Golem is down.

I don't understand

That's exactly what I'm doing, kek.

Hrm, I can probably try and do that.

Hrm, 1-2 block range is a pretty ridiculous range, but I can give it a try.

That's actually a project that would outdo the team who works on Terraria other world, as they have their sentries also working the same as the DD2 event. Anyway, it would require actually rewriting the way that the AI works to target non-players. Enemies don't so much ignore targets that aren't players as they don't even recognize players in their behaviors in order to avoid pathfinding to seek out NPCs, and I can only imagine what the cost would be to have enemies actually seek out NPCs when no players are in proximity. I'd say that would probably be some kind of modular mod that I might experiment with later, and if I could get that working without being a problem, I could even start implementing mercenaries and shit. N Terraria has what are called non-player player characters who enemies will attack, and the AI controls for you, which are characters you create. The problem is NPPs can't load chunks (at this time), so when the chunk they're in is unloaded, they do nothing and enemies don't do anything with them. So you can tell them to explore, but once they get too far away from you they just stop.

Some of what you're saying is not so much within the scope of the current project, I want my overhaul to pretty much be just stuff targeting the vanilla game, and then have any other modules targeting new content/ideas. Like my first change was to remove all the wood/cactus armor sets. Then I added cobweb to the recipe of the bow, etc. Then I started writing my own functions to increase the speed at which I can add/edit/remove recipes.

And so I came up with some functions.
DeleteRecipe(int ItemID, int stackSize = 1)
public static void AddIngredient(int ItemID, int IngredientID, int stackSize = 1, int ingredientCount = 1)
SetIngredient(int ItemID, int IngredientID, int IngredientCount = 1)
RemoveBadRecipes()
UpdateOldRecipes()
AddNewRecipe(int item, int tile, int stackSize = 1, params int[] list)
AddNewRecipeDualMetal(int item, int tile, int stackSize = 1, params int[] list) (used to make recipes for things that I want both metal types in world gen to apply to, i.e. silver and tungsten; there is a built-in piece of code that allows any iron bar but they didn't make said code apply to all metal types).

So after that I started adding in recipes for various pieces, like making pre-hardmode accessories. Like to make a Shackle requires 4 iron and 1 chain. A band of regeneration is 10 Silver and 3 potions of regen, a band of starpower is 10 silver and 3 stars (9 Fallen stars). Lucky Horseshoe is 10 gold and 2 featherfall potions.

And the reason for these recipes (they're not the only ones) is because of how limited items for pre-hardmode can be. In the base game the solution is easy, just generate a new world and go loot the chests around that world and get the item you lack, but for something like a SSC server that's not really possible, because you can't hop over to another map to go looting and pillaging shit. Mind you, I originally had my recipes require more stuff to get, like the original shackle recipe was 20 iron + 1 chain, but my friend advised me that for a +1 def item, the shackle's not really worth 20 iron.

So I'm still working through it, trying to figure out what to make the costs of things be. I considered the idea of making a recipe for the slime staff, something like 800 gel + 10 wood, but I haven't really made a decision on that yet.

Super Terraria World implemented a system for that, though I'm still figuring out the API.

But yeah, C# isn't that hard to use, all you need is a Terraria folder separate from your main Terraria folder and just launch the modloader exec from that mod folder, install modloader into that folder and away you go. Maybe you'll need to brush up and learn some C# first, but after that, away you go.

Ah, I forgot I changed the recipe again and made it expensive again. But basically these are some of the recipes I've implemented so far. I had more recipes originally but I deleted them when i changed the way I add recipes to the game, so I have to re-add recipes for other stuff. Every dual-metal recipe requires 2 recipes. So there's a recipe for iron and a recipe for lead, per example. Because of that kind of bullshit I don't try to implement say multiple metal types into the same recipe, so no alloy type ideas, because for every metal type in a recipe it means needing to add in 2 recipes.

I've thought of the idea of maybe implementing a few NPCs who sell materials at varying costs that require various levels of progression to access. For example, a metallurgist who doesn't show up until after Eye of Cthulhu is dead. When EOC is dead, he'll sell to you Copper+Tin/Iron+Lead/Silver+Tungsten at relatively cheap prices, when Eater/Brain die it adds Gold+Platinum/Demonite+Shadow Scale/Crimtane+Tissue Sample to the inventory of the metallurgist. The idea being to make materials no longer based on world gen, so if you want to farm out the gold to buy enough demonite on a crimson world you could make the corruption type items.

Still playing around with ideas like that, though, and I have a bunch of stuff to work on.

Specifically can you control the number of underground cabins that spawn?

He can, but it requires him to regenerate a map to change it because maps are completely pre-generated before the game starts. In a game like say Minecraft, the world generates as you move about, but in Terraria the world generates and then is static until you modify it as a player. To change the number of cabins would mean wiping the map again.

I was just thinking for the next map. The current one isn't going to live long at this rate.

See
also they have a technical limit due to chests capping at 1,000/world and that means EVERY chest.

this fucking captcha

Does every cabin have to generate with a chest?

Yes.

fug
Terraria's code really needs to be more flexible.

OK what about ore distribution. Could you force a map to generate with no ore? Other than hellstone, I mean. It might force players to progress slower. Especially if you removed demon alters too.

So you want to force players to get their ore via meteor drops and fishing crates? I don't see that going over well.

Yes. I can.

That and also silt and slush and desert fossil. Provided that he could also increase the amount silt ans slush in the world.
But more than that Players could progress via drops. There's quite a few good equips that you get via monster killing. The drop increase you get from expert helps with this. If the etherian horde summoning issue ever gets sorted then there's 3 tiers of purchased weapons and 2 tiers of looted equips associated with that.

And fishing really isn't that bad as far as progression. It is however more measured progression than boss rushing.

Oh, right, I forgot about those.

Someone fucking killed ML and did celestial. Fuck this shit new world HC only

you'll be autob& if you die. Will purge the list bidaily. Don't suck, kids.

Moonman dead already? fucking HOW? When I left, there was still Duke Fishron and Cultists, nevermind the slog of the pillars. Is that why server is down now? I wanted to farm WoF for an Avenger Emblem.

But the Terraria.Main class is so well designed.

Honestly user, I think Terraria is written this way because the C# garbage collector is total shit. If they keep all the fields in a single object and avoid container classes like List etc.. it makes the garbage collector less of a burden. Its what killed XNA and makes Unity Games total shit(I know mono isn't M$, it actually has a worse GC than M$).

I DON'T FUCKING KNOW. I'M PISSED ABOUT IT.

DON'T SUCK FAGGOT

Starting inventories will hopefully keep people alive for a bit.

Then don't play.

I'll give 'er a try but after this consider my "deprived world" proposal I talked about before.
Never played anything but easycore in Terraria. Should be interesting.
How far do you think people will get?

Who knows. And that's what I'm doing.

If you're prepared to play to win and not "burr hurr, we must play this way or else it doesn't count as winning" then you can easily win. A lot of autists on the server have this idea that you're not allowed to block doors so that zombies can push them open in blood moon. Fuck off with that shit, you play to win, you don't play to be some faggot spouting off about your HONORABLE PLAYSTYLE fighting with one arm behind your back bullshit.

I plan on using my Dwarf Fortress play style. Turtle in and expand the base outward. Unfortunately there's no way to repeatedly slam a drawbridge on a bunch of goblins in Terraria.

1-sec timer + activators + lava moat

That works of course, but it just lacks the style of a goblin smasher/catapult. I've actually made goblins leave out of despair with that little trick. All of the elf blood and vomit probably had some bearing on that as well.

That sounds interesting on the surface, but in reality you'd be forced to sit around mining thousands of silt, and then you'd end up with all the ore tiers and gems at the same time.

It's ridiculously easy to get the early hooks, the ivy vine is arguably a high tier hook that you can keep all the way to endgame and you can grab it from the jungle right away. I always thought that getting hooks is way too easy, it'll make ropes and platforms obsolete for exploring much too soon, and hooks like the spider one is almost never useful unless by some miracle you find it as the first hook.

I can't imagine any reason it would be difficult to add to the monster AI a way to target specific things, that would be trivial even when doing AI from scratch. Mob AI also has a thing where they turn around and walk away for a while if they can't get to you, just plug in a re-targeting function to that. Then turn the sentries into essentially static NPCs.

I know how to program/code/script/[insert term that suits your level of Holla Forums autism], I've even worked on my own Terraria-like projects before. I just don't know how to use compiled languages as opposed to interpreted, and I also have no idea where to even begin to mod software that someone else made. I've only made a little modding experimentation for Minecraft, but that's because there's tutorials that handhold you all the way into the IDE with Forge. I didn't know shit about programming back then though so I didn't end up making any mods. I love this kind of stuff so I wouldn't mind working on larger features.

On the other hand, seeing makes me feel like it would easier to make my own Terraria clone than reverse engineer Terraria's engine. Maybe I should wait for Otherworld.

I think your recipes are much too simple. For example you should add clouds/sky bricks to the horseshoe so you can't get it without at least going to a sky island. Regen band should also require rubies or a crystal heart, it's very useful in early game. Band of starpower shouldn't be available before corruption, but I can't think of any good materials for it that you could get in a crimson world. Sapphires? I don't think the shackle is worth any iron seeing how easy it is to get them and how useless it is unless you score a good modifier.
I'd also add a recipe for Aglet, that thing is hell to find if you didn't get one from near the surface. Speed potion + 3 antlion mandibles maybe.

The point is to sort of "slow their roll", so to speak, not to completely stop progress. Additionally if there are no demon alters the amount of demonite/crimtane will be severely limited. And most everyone mostly ignores the neat things you can buy or get as drops or the weapons you can fish up. My hope is that would lead to alternate progression paths and maybe keep everyone together in order to progress. It might be worth a shot?

Demon Altars are used to spawn hardmode metals, it's corruption orbs and crimson hearts that you would need to remove to keep out boss spawns to limit crimtane/demonite.

It would just break the progression and move it elsewhere. If you want to rush the game anyway, you're going to go grab the shark pickaxe and then mine hellstone right away or bomb the crimson hearts and then get meteorite, not kill mobs and hope for a drop. You can't fix the game for those people.

There's summoning items for them, craftable from the biome monster drops.

To roll back progress you could try using a map editor like TEdit and set the is complete flag for the bosses to false. It wouldn't unspawn hard mode ore but I bet it would change the type of monsters that spawn.

That is a perfect example of why it doesn't matter if you know how to code or not making any half stable mod for this is time consuming as fuck. Also tomorrow the game could update and break everything. Before strong mods can be made for terraria that rat nest needs to be wrapped up into an API. It is pathetic that the only easy way to undo something it to load a backup of the world.

Start with dll injection. Find a way to view the game's memory live.

Why

If anything the tp and warp command should be disabled because it is op op

I agree with this. It makes rails an teleporters pointless and it lets people move around too quickly.

You need to fix speedrunners first. Nobody wants to start setting up teleporters and crafting tons of wormhole potions and shit if the server is over in 48 hours.

Yeah but you can't craft them without the altars.

Serb down?

Serb owner isn't making a new map

don''t spread this bullshit.
It'll be up in a bit.

I swear, Terraria is the gift that keeps on giving. They just put out the Desert update, what, couple months ago? And now there's another update. Good stuff.

This actually makes me wonder, has anyone heard what next update(s) might add?

I recall something about a new boss or something from before the desert update, but I don't know if that was referring to old man army. Other than that I don't remember hearing anything.

server when

When server?

NOW IS THE TIME FOR FEAR
Server up when?

WHEN IS SERVER

SERVER WHEN!?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!?

Hans here. I'll give it a shot as retarded as it seems. Time to spend hours making Normandy 3.0 exclusively during the day.

waiting for op

SERVER?

I JUST WANT TO PLAY TERRARIA

JUST MAKE THE MAP FAGGOT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jesus fucking christ calm the fuck down. God forbid a nigga needs to sleep.

Build a /k/illdozer while you wait.

so whats the server password?

Arguably [Escape Hatch] and [Sealed In] should be mutually exclusive perks. Also [Stronger Treads] should allow you to either choose a bonus to durability or a discount on armor.

the server is locked right now. I'm running some debugging to try and resolve a couple of complaints off the last server.

I hope the etherian issue is one of those things. I really want to fuck up Betsy.

It's one of the ones i've been looking at. It's pissing me off too.

Any other user want to make a server while we wait for OP's?

I could probably make one but i have shit connection though.

Server soon, few minutes from now.

IM READY TO DIE

TERRARIA: PREPARE TO DIE EDITION

Its been almost an hour.

Im a bored neet with nothing else to do, gib password please.

server still needs a password lad

THREAD THEME!

WORLD OPENING IN JUST A FEW SECONDS, RESTARTING WITHOUT PASSWORD, BRACE ASSHOLES BECAUSE I ACTUALLY BUILT SOMETHING FOR YOU FAGGOTS SO WE DON'T GET INSTARAPED

PLAY TIME IS OVER WE SRS BUISNESS NOW

WE'RE LIVE

hold the fuck up looks like we're having connection problems one second

Needs a password

Try again now.

Doy you have to make a hardcore character or is it done server side?

You have to make it HC.

rip cuckadoo

literally fell though ice then died rip me

Added you to our graveyard.

i'll unban you for now since it's like 5m but that's it fam

alright get back in here.

FUCKING JUNGLE BATS

Death by lag.

Merry fucking Christmas enjoy your unbans @ the 3 who mcdied

EYE OF CTHULU NATURALLY SPAWNED AND GOT FUCKED! NO CASUALTIES!

So am I unbanned?

Does Terraria have Apaches?

yes

WERMACHT BUNKER FULLY OPERATIONAL

WELL NOT FOR LONG!

suck less

REST IN FUCKING PIECES JESUS

well fuck that was retarded, game suddenly started spawning like 5 tomb crawlers at a time.

My body lays beneath the sands, ive failed you hitler, anyone who braves the desert sandtrap may find a a platinum coins worth in gold and some other nice loot.

I shall go forth and claim it for you, my friend.

SLIMES SHOULD FUCKING NEGATE FALL DAMAGE

gg op

Fucking rip. Will wipe the ban list.

Hans, i found your shit.

Ban list wiped. Come back if you died.

i refuse

jesus fucking christ you people.

gonna go turn off HC mandatory this is a shitshow.

HC is pretty rough going in expert.

That could make an interesting server maybe; a server where you get banned for some hours if you die. It wouldn't be a total ban or some arbitrary thing. Don't think I've ever seen ban-on-death server that wasn't hardcore, either.

This is already what it was.
It doesn't work.

I thought it was a hardcore get-banned-unless-I-arbitrarily-decide-to-unban server.

i was going to do it every 2 days but everybody just fucking died and i gave up pretty fast. These servers are always a trainwreck and i'm more or less bored of Terraria by now

Honestly I'm surprised you and these threads have lasted this long without long breaks.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

They failed because these meatheads just figured "we'll play it the same way as we play regular expert!" Hardcore expert means you have to play defensively and strategically, everyone needs potions, everyone needs to be in good enough armor, no one is to acquire 200 or more hp until everyone is ready, jungle is offlimits until equipment is sufficient, if there's an item you specifically need you acquire it ASAP, and a lava arena is suggested for slime king (who should die before you even think of trying Cthulhu), instead what likely happened is everyone built too many houses too fast, someone was wearing gold with 240 hp while still using an iron sword, and then Eye of Cthulhu destroyed everyone with his charge attack.

I played a hardcore expert character for a short while, spent days building that character, didn't activate 200+ hp until I felt I was ready to fight Eye, had an arena with heart lanterns and campfires, popped regen and ironskin potions, etc. It was still a bit of a hairy fight, but I easily crushed Eye. Thought "okay, let's do Brain now," and ended up running away at the start of the fight because the two bosses are worlds apart. So went on to Queen Bee, dropkicked her in the face a few times, went back to Brain and destroyed him and killed Skeletron. Got killed by a meaneater knocking me into a boulder trap while trying to make the lightning boots in prep for Wall of Flesh.

You can not be complacent or lax at all, hardcore expert is 100% nonstop survival mode. In fact, it's said that you shouldn't activate hard mode until you have a nice cache of crates so you can open them as soon as HC starts to get full adamant/titanium right off the bat. I wasn't there, but I'm going to assume that no one was using buffs, and everyone just rushed shit, and they ended up dying for stupid reasons that could have easily been avoided.

Discovered this game through the Steam awards, and I gotta say, do people actually enjoy this? This is a blatant ripoff of minecraft you do know that, right?

I hope this is shitposting.

I assume he's making a reference to the TBG review of the game.

Holy shit I never thought of that.

Thanks for the proest tip. …Does this also work with gathering up Fossils and the Extractionator?

I would assume yes, but I don't know.

terraria.wikia.com/wiki/Extractinator

Looks like a no, but I'm not sure since hardmode wasn't even tested.

Aw, shitcocks.

Looks like it's time to go fishing for a couple of hours before hardmode. Son of a bitch.

Replies in the comments section says no it will not.

Ah, beat me to it by a few sec.

Also my suggestion is make sure you have sonar potions, then you can just ignore any non-crates.

We're breaking records here

Nah the world wasn't fucked, the players were the ones who got fucked.

Serb when?

I can't say for anyone else but I died from 1) falling down a giant hole because, for some reason, the climbing claws and shoes I was wearing just wouldn't engage, and 2) getting spit-roasted by two demon eyes because I got stuck in a nook to the right of the house. The first one I'm blaming on lag or some sort of bug, the second was 95% me being a spaz and 5% poor housing design.

I for one am glad

F-forced autoban HC expert reset when
m-meido in hevan?

Sad. It was a comfy little base.

i spent like. an hour and a half on it ;_;

KEK DAMN IT I WANT TO PLAY SOME DAMN TERRARIA ALREADY

LATE NIGHT COMFY SERVER FUCKING WHEN???

please, im lonely

new server never-ever?

No bullshit server when

What are the rules on the Expert world server? Fresh characters at what difficulty?

That is a pretty nice looking little shanty, regardless. I'm more preferable to vertical entry/exit housing, myself. Either a trapdoor going into or out of the house, something enemies have troubles dealing with. But you can't do that with TShock because it breaks trapdoors…

Hit the reply button by accident

You should save a template of it in TEdit for future use.

is it wrong that i really want a killdozer game now?

rest in piss forever miss

RISE FROM THE DEAD OP

no.

i think he died.

I continued my 100 hp expert run yesterday.

I decided to spawn the goblin army with another character and then come back in with this one to defeat it. Being able to reforge items made Brain of Cthulhu significantly easier, I got him with my first try.

Haven't fought skeletron or queen bee yet, but I expect the latter to be easy now that I have jumping accessories and stuff. Fought old man army once, but I think I need more firepower to beat it, the flying enemies overwhelm me even if I completely ignore the ground enemies because I don't do enough damage to kill them fast enough.

trips confirm

That's surprisingly comfy for an quick, ad hoc base.

I wish there was an easier way to house NPCs without having to build 600 rooms. I'd like to build bigger and fancier rooms, but it would take too long for this kinda playthrough.

Hardmode activated. Everything seems to kill me in exactly 1 hit now, so that's fun.

Queen bee was very easy, although I discovered that the hive background is terrible for that fight, because it makes all the bees and stinger attacks very difficult to see, and it's actually very important for me to dodge most of the stingers especially.

Skeletron was harder but I accidentally found a trick to his ghost attack. It basically seems to work like a slowly rotating cannon, so you can move circles around him and dodge all the ghost projectiles without even really trying. The hardest part was when he transitions between spinning and using the ghost attack at a bad moment.

Wall of flesh was also pretty ez, got him with my first proper try. I don't usually build a bridge though hell for that fight, but I figured I'd have to this time so I did.

Lucked out with the hardmode ores by getting Titanium. The special ability of that armor will probably be invaluable to me.

who else here likes to build several houses instead of one big ol house

Why, Eugene? Why?

And now they're all doing it. They have perfectly fine houses but these gay retards are wandering around like lost puppies.

It's the comfiest way to base build in Terraria.

And at least one evil lair

That you stick the Clothier in.

I'm not fucking crazy am I?

Uzi used to be a drop from Arapaima, not the Angry Trappers, I fucking swear. I remember you having to kill them to get one, I remember getting one myself, and I have no memory whatsoever of Angry Trappers being related to the Uzi.

All mechanical bosses defeated. This is how I'm spending my Christmas.

Destroyer was much easier than I expected, I remember the spammy lasers and drones being very strong and tough to avoid, but they only did about 20 damage and kept dropping health buffs, so it ended up being not a problem at all. Probably the easiest actually, but I felt like I was just running around aimlessly so I dunno how much of it was luck. Never used the Daedalus + Holy Arrow trick before, but it definitely made the fight very trivial.

Skeletron prime was easy as usual, it was a little tricky avoiding all the hands in the beginning, but after destroying the laser hand, it got much easier.

The twins were definitely the hardest, frankly I don't remember how you're supposed to avoid the green ball attack. The problem is that there's no way to accelerate downward motion, it seems almost impossible to avoid the green balls when you need to stop going up and start going down. The cursed fire debuff is also very bad news, I think one of those attacks may kill you in 1 hit unless you can get good regen going, I might have died without dryad's buff. The laser shit's aim is also incredibly randomized, I feel like I won completely thanks to RNG because the laser missed me so often. It seemed that even when I'm moving at high speed, the laser can still miss me from in front of me, that's how randomized it's aim is.

Also, I realized that I haven't seen a single blood moon, so I looked it up and interestingly I can't get one because it requires someone to have 120 hp.

I got a money trough by using a drippler statue though.

The Slime Mount my man.
The Portal Gun also has the same effect while held, but once you got that it would be a moot point in what you're doing.

Oh shit, I never even thought of that

I wonder how useful it would be if you learned to use it in battle for dodging purposes. I rarely use mounts so I'm not used to the mount key at all, but I think I'll experiment with it before plantera/duke.

And yeah can't really use portal gun in this case, plus it might be counterproductive to switch weapons just for that.

Hmm, it seems to do a weird jump when activated while moving upwards. The jump also appears to depend on how fast you're moving up, for example if you use it right after leveling out, it'll have the desired effect of accelerating your fall without jumping. I think it would be pretty hard to use in the middle of combat precisely.

Also apparently the game goes in slow motion when recording webms.

It would take a lot of practice and time familiarizing yourself and your muscle memory. Maybe not something you would want to start with this deep into a hardcore 100 hp run. It's something to the future though.

Other thoughts before I go to sleep and probably take another break from this run.

I died probably 60 quadrillion times between the beginning and getting to the point of fighting mechanical bosses. Everything just killed me in 1-2 hits and some things still do, the ichor floaters are especially bad because there's basically no way in hell you're going to intentionally dodge their spit attack. It either hits or misses, and the former will happen 100% the time if it's closer than 50% of the screen away and you're not currently moving like a rocket perpendicularly to it. That thing killed me so many times I lost count.

I find onyx blaster to be a little bit OP as a weapon, it has a high damage and shoots like 4 bullets + crowd controlling explosion at once, plus you can get it very easily as soon as you go hard mode. As soon as I got it the enemies went from being difficult to kill, to dying from 1 or 2 hits. I experimented a lot but couldn't find any other weapon more useful than that, I used repeaters with jester arrows on a few occasions with large crowds and wyverns, and meteor staff to attack behind walls, but that's it. It's about on par with a megashark I think, maybe above/below depending on situation. Dart weapons might have been a good alternative, but they require you to kill a large mimic probably many times. Anyway Chlorophyte shotbow finally superceded it.

I think cloud in a balloon might actually be better than blizzard/sandstorm in a balloon after you get wings, because assuming I'm not just imagining it, the spinning effect seems to be capped at a lower vertical speed than your vertical flying speed. I can't get that now though, I already used blizzard on my balloon and don't want to go to separate worlds.

This isn't necessarily related to my run or hardmode, but when I was thinking about movement items and my struggles with moving downwards, I thought that it would be cool and appropriate if Derplings dropped an accessory with a downward dodge/stomp or a featherfall potion-like acceleration of some kind, and you could combine it with the frog legs.

I'm not sure what I'd do without Titanium armor. I'm a little sad that it's so useful, because getting it is based on RNG like halfway though the game and it makes other armor types obsolete, I made frost and forbidden armor just to experiment but found them to be worthless in comparison. When most things kill you in 1 or 2 hits, the shadow dodge is an irreplaceable ability. I think you can still get it through fishing crates even if your altars spawned without, but that's not very fair. If I end up completely completing the game, I fear that I'll never find another set of armor that's going to be better than Titanium. Beetle armor might be useful because of the damage mitigation plus high defense, although it's strictly melee only so it makes battles last longer. Solar armor has a better(?) version of the same ability as Titanium, but that requires you to kill moonman more than once and I kinda don't expect to kill him at all (or even get to him without rage quitting at solar pillar).

Along with goblin army and blood moon, Pirates are another thing I cannot experience naturally. I'm willing to let them go though because there's nothing critically important behind the pirates or blood moon. I'm not sure if solar eclipse is possible, I haven't seen one yet. I don't think there's anything I can't live without in that either, so I don't mind. I also can't get nurse, but I spawn at full hp and die so quickly that I doubt she would be of any use.

Nebula armor is amazing. Sadly it's gated behind Moon Man.

She's great for cheesing bosses and invasions including the big man himself. When combined with the Dryad and a pool of honey you're almost invincible. In fact what killed me in more Moonlord fights was loosing track of my cursor before the outlined cursor became a thing.
It wouldn't be a technical violation of your run if you used another character to simply spawn the nurse in your world or to trigger events and then relog with your 100 hp character.

Using money and bars for decor feels great.

Crates are great decor too.
I just wish Golden lock boxes were placeable.
And I wish you could reshelve spellbooks too.

It's Christmas, everybody post Christmas trees. Yours or anyone elses.
My Christmas Terraria folder is severely lacking. Help a brother out.

lel

Here's a Christmas cottage I made last year. Added a penguin statue recently to spawn penguins.

Some of the music boxes look similar, especially pirate invasion. None of them have a lock though.

I think I've got another picture of your cottage.
Comfy~

Which is the best snow tree?

best how?

You favorite. Comfiest. Most aesthetically pleasing. Fits the best with your builds. Etc.

the middle one goes great with cemeteries.

I accidentally discovered something interesting just now; the direction of your static hook changes if you run into a wall with it.

I wonder if you could build a puzzle minigame using this. The goal would be to get from point A to point B without releasing or repositioning the hook. Maybe you could only place it in specific blocks that you've marked around the course, and you must find your way from one to another.

You could even use actuators and switches to make it more interesting, either by creating traps that the player should avoid, or switches that can create/remove surfaces.

It sounds like an interesting idea and Terraria needs more adventure and puzzle maps.

sage because this thread is like a zombie

Plantera is kill. That was much harder than I anticipated.

I cleared a huge room arena but the fucking biter things completely covered it even after several expansions. I died many times trying to do it, because it's just a total mess with those small vines going everywhere throughout the room.

I tried prioritizing defense and damage and healing and everything but nothing just worked because of the chaotic biter spam. I got somewhat close a few times but the vines get longer and faster when plantera's health gets lower, so towards the end it's just impossible to keep avoiding them.

I decided to just give up and make a long circular arena instead. That made a world of difference and I got it first try, the vines were still flying everywhere because plantera couldn't decide where to put her claws to, but it wasn't too difficult to avoid them this time. Luckily my jungle had a surprisingly open area around this bee hive so I only had to do some minor cleaning to turn it into a suitable race arena.

I've been trying this for many hours today so I'm kinda burned out of this. My plan next is to upgrade from the cthulhu shield to ninja gear, I've died a few times by running into something while I was trying to dodge, it's like not having knockback resistance. Getting the 10% damage avoidance from the ninja gear would also be great, plus I think the dodge cooldown is shorter.

I'd also like to get Tsunami or other items from Duke Fishron, I tried it a few times but it feels like I need more speed and either piercing weapons or fast weapons. Might be easier now that I can get the hoverboard. I've killed like 100 of those yellow faggot enemies without getting a UZI, so I guess I'll never get a rapid fire weapon.

This thread is zombie because no active serb atm

Also just finished my Legion of Doom layout. I know it also looks like a Vadar helmet.

I suppose I could host, if there's enough people here who would like it.

That's pretty good looking, although it seems like it might be too small.

Did you wander in here from that video's comment section or something? You do know that The Best Gamers is satirical, right?

What about a megashark or a gatlingator? Are you going to go with Specter gear for the healing factor?

I forgot I recorded one of my Plantera attempts, here it is. Shit quality because I don't feel like enconding a better one for 6 hours.

This was before I found out that piercing arrows don't work properly with the shotbow (only 1 of them do damage). Being ridiculously careless at the beginning and getting hit by everything. It also shows me dying because of the shield's knockback.

At around 1:26 you can see what a mess those biters can be, even with them being everywhere I manged to dodge them, but then plantera decided to move her claw and I got hit by one of the biters. And it only gets worse and worse as her HP gets lower.

Gatligator would be even worse because of the low accuracy, not that I have ever seen one of those things anyway. I'd prefer higher damage because the bosses have a fair amount of defense, especially Duke Fishron whose weapons would definitely make Megashark obsolete. The reason I wanted high firerate is because of the bubbles he spams at you, they're pretty hard to avoid sometimes so getting rid of them fast would be ideal.

I've thought about doing the holiday moon events, but they can get ridiculously spammy and the item droprates are kinda low, so I dunno if I want to bother.

I'm not sure if Specter gear is going to be that helpful, Duke killed me in 1 hit each one of the 3 times I fought him. It might be helpful against Golem, but I dunno if it's worth my patience to farm all that chlorophyte since I'm going to get the beetle armor anyway. Lunatic Cultist is one of the easiest hardmode bosses, so I don't expect to require anything special for him. I suppose it might help in the holiday events.

Speaking of Golem, there's another thing that's very RNG based. I've had the altar spawn in one of those hallways instead of the open room, and the room size/shape can vary greatly. It would be important for me to have a lot of space, because the laser he shoots has really fast velocity and gets very spammy. You can't move the altar until pickaxes available from/after golem.

If your world has crimson then get the dart pistol. Use Ichor to drop armor then crystal darts to richocet everywhere. Make sure to have an accesory which allows you to dash. And take advantage of single player pause to swap ammo. If you use the gladiator use chlorophyte bullets. Or crystal bullets for richocet.

Chlorophyte Shotbow is better than Dart Pistol. Higher damage, faster attack, splits into 2-4 projectiles regardless of ammo type and does it more accurately, and gets a 20% dmg boost from archery potion. I was going to get one before mechanical bosses, but got bored after I killed like 10 crimson mimics and didn't get it. Holy arrows worked well for plantera anyway.

I can get the Pulse Bow now, which may be an interesting option.

Are old saves compatible when they update the game? Does shit break? I'm the kind of guy who likes to use one save file for all eternity.

Third is best, but only if the tree is fairly short.

If you skip versions a lot, then maps may break. But if you do every major update in order, then it'll be fine. If your map is very old, then I think you also need to update to some of the hotfix versions instead of just major ones.

Better make backups of your map anyway if you try updating.

Pic is my oldest world and I haven't had any problems with it.