Here's question of the century

How do you force yourself to complete video games you want to complete?

I tend to play them.

If I need to force myself it's not worth completing.

You can't, that's why i have never completrd a sing Fire Emblem.

By taking some pride in my hobby

Just don't play it you fucking nig. Life's too short to force yourself doing something you don't have to.

I don't.
If i enjoy a video game i complete it, if i don't, i don't.

Is this normal for you guys?
Do you have to force yourself to complete vidya?
Do you force yourself to eat stuff you don't like
Do you force yourself to drink what you don't like?
Do you force yourself to learn shit you aren't interested in?
Do you force yourself to hang out with people you don't like?

If all of this is shit you do every day, rethink your life.

If I wanted to complete it I wouldnt need to force myself through it in the first place
Learn to english and go back in either order

To stay healthy
To stay healthy
There's no way around it
Sometimes its necessary
Not everyday

You do if you don't like a certain vegetable, meat, or I guess water if you drink 64 ounces of it a day.
I think every single institution of learning forces you to take and pass at least one class you don't care about.
Coworkers, fellow students, hopefully not your family.
There's a lot of things people force themselves to get through, it's not uncommon really.

Watch a full walk through non-commentary video. That's what I did for games I don't own the consoles for.

Wow

All of those are basic needs. Vidya is just a hobby and entertainment, not only do you not need it but forcing yourself to do it is counterintuitive.

By doing what all the cool kids are doing these days. Watching someone else stream play and complete a game like a cuck who watches his wife or girlfriend get banged by someone else.

If you can't even play it without forcing yourself to, maybe you don't actually want to finish it.

I just push through it. Sometimes I have trouble getting into games that are considered very good by most standards (Thief, Deus Ex, etc). I'll play a portion of the game to try and understand why everyone has a boner for these games, and then I'll drop it if it doesn't interest me. I at least make an effort to try and get through it, though.

I dropped Thief 1 when I reached some spooky cathedral where the doors are locked and this fucking ghost wants me to solve some fucking riddle but I can't understand what the fuck he's saying and I refuse to loop up the answer.

Seek profession help. Like your local gun store owner.

I don't do it. But if you really want to, just cut off your internet access. Then you will get the urge to complete these games, since a timesink such as Holla Forums is not available.

I bought Ass Creed 3 at the release date and finished 2 months ago
It was aweful

Why would you do this? The primary purpose of entertainment is to entertain. Unless you're trying to learn something from the game, like about the rights and wrongs about its craft or some artistic themes (and there are few games where there is something substantial to learn from through completion), there's no need to force yourself to consume entertainment you don't enjoy.

Or is this simply a case of buyer's remorse and getting the most of your purchase?

Actually, eating healthy does require you to go against your body's normal desires because your body craves stuff that's usually scarce in nature (salt, sugar) but is now abundant.

This, Holla Forums sure has hit rock bottom

What the living fuck, this shit isn't logical
It's like trying to have consensual rape

There's sugar added into fucking everything nowadays. Added sugar in peanut butter, added sugar in bread, and then they take the cane sugar out of soda, make it taste like hospitals smell, call it "diet" and think that helps. Fuck off.

Actually most soft drinks that have the sugar replaced, replace it with HFCS, which is worse. "Diet" versions generally use a sweetener called aspartame, which is harmless, and got the Monsanto corn kikes so butthurt that they started a hoax campaign against it so that it wouldn't replace their beloved HFCS.

and yet nobody has any problem with sucking down metric fucktons of grease from fast food places, or smoking cigarettes, or acetaminophen, or generally consuming a number of things that will kill you.

Aspartame tastes like fucking hand sanitizer, I hate it. HFCS is garbage. Give me cane sugar or give me death.

It's partly that and also the idea that if you don't finish what you start, you have some sort of weakness of character.

You're not smart, are you? All non-nutritive sweeteners are bad for you.

You see, i want to play good video games for example, i feel terrible, constantly want to sleep and never get enough of it and my mind doesn't work so well anymore. If i would think about what game i want to play myself, i would start thinking about modding skyrim or fallout instead of actually playing anything, so i go and download tons of games that would replace that terrible experience of trying to turn piece of shit into an omelette, since i can't stand playing anything bethesda related more than 15 minutes.

And those games don't meet all my expectations of my terrible autistic judgement of every one of them, so instead i have to force myself to play those video games, should it be a beat em up, an fps or a strategy, and start liking them, just to make my time more fun. I don't get enough fun from them, so i pretend i have fun with them to fool my own mind to enjoy what i am seeying in front of me to forget my ethernal depression and lost faith in humanity.

Then when i finally go to sleep still feeling like shit i tell myself "i had a great day today, i played a fun video game i liked", and i sleep better that way, even if i hated every last bit of that shitty game. If i complete any one of them, i would have an excuse to say myself this: "i have a fun hobby, i actually complete video games, and i can brag on Holla Forums about it", and that excuse will allow me to wear off my infinite sadness a little, like i overcame something, even if it was something i don't like.

You need help, man. Go and see a therapist or something. Video games will not make you happy unless you already enjoy the act of playing video games from the start. It sounds like you'd rather be doing something more fulfilling with your life, and you can't or won't for whatever reason, so you've turned to video games to try and compensate. Not saying you should quit the vidya, but you can't treat it like it's a magic bullet that will give your life meaning.

Everyone has to do that sometimes.

Plenty of people have issues with those things actually.

Why didn't you just pirate it dumbass? Speaking of pirates, 4 is by far the best and I doubt any other game in the series will ever go head to head.

I have a similar question, but the thing is I'm not forcing myself to play games I don't like, but rather force myself to complete a game I've started and really like. It's just that for some reason, I get easily tired of games and don't come back to them after a while even though I want to finish them. What should I do guys?