Rimjob world

So alpha 16 was recently released on the unstable branch, did any of you faggots played it yet?

how good is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.io/r/HF33Go
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26078.0
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26003.msg263637#msg263637
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27929.192
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=16e74baab7c3d0f7344434b0184c8e1d&topic=27929.msg284740#msg284740
ludeon.com/blog/2016/12/rimworld-alpha-16-wanderlust-released/
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24578.0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Waiting for torrent

You can conquer the world in the new build?

Any news about breeding or anything like that?

Well, I like almost giving a rimjob when I find a girl with a really really nice fit ass, but I don't want to actually touch the butthole with my tongue.

I honestly preferred when you shitters went what game a couple of months back.

That's smart

I'm sure an enema can help with those of most problems right?

It will help getting rid of the larger particles of shit that would get in your mouth. But we're talking microscopic scale and that stuff is always going to be hanging out on and in and anus.

Yes you can apparently conquer shit now.

that aside, I have no clue about breeding, it actually exists within the game, you can force birth and create more colonists but I think its not properly implemented because the baby model (age 1) just looks like a regular adult model.

Honestly I'm pretty excited for this game to get fully built, considered it's Dwarf Fortress but without the required autism to learn it.

It's Dwarf Fortress with more detail in some places and less detail in others, with a Space Western aesthetic, so it's good for me. When I try to start a new game in DF I always freeze up because there's just too much shit I could do and I never know where to start.

Of course fuck paying $30 for an early-access game, I'm pirating the versions until the game is finished and even then I'm unlikely to buy it unless it really really fucking earns that $30.

eh.

same here, still no release on kickass.

Someone leak alpha 16, bls.

Can't do it until it hits stable and the DRM free version is updated.

yeah everyone knows you can't crack steam releases right?
Leak it already.

I just tried ripping out the steam dll and it worked. I'll throw it on vola.

YOU'RE WELCOME FOR GIVING YOU 100% OF THE REVENUE, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE

wew

Tynan is a fucking faggot but you should have gotten a steam code too, not that I'd blame you for not wanting it but faggots like the workshop too much and I don't want to miss out on mods.

Upload should be done in about 10 minutes.
volafile.io/r/HF33Go

What a guy.

Thanks nazi chan

Thanks fam.

I know I have a steam code but I'd rather not install cancer and aids onto my computer. Also, I should point out that pretty much every mod worth paying attention to is on the forums. There are a lot of mods on the forums that are not on the SW. I'm a modder there myself

thanks m8

it's legit

nice, can you just launch it or do I need a crack?

Question

Does this mean the community hub mod and anything compatible with a15 is broken?

I do recall the Steam page saying that your Alpha 15 saves cannot carry over to Alpha 16. So I assume a lot of things can break in the transition.

WEW

I thought we were supposed to be on sparsely populated rimworlds. Then again I guess that is sparsely populated for an entire planet. Those tribes living on the north pole must be hard motherfuckers.

There is an option for you to generate the planet, it took me roughly 2 minutes to generate the entire thing, the population will probably be a feature you can change for the planet being generated.

The newest release is definitely buggy. Just had all the sound blow out on me. But things like that are to be expected.

it is in the unstable branch after all.

Yes, though the fact the first fuck-up was the audio shows how unstable it really is.

I'm glad he did something that seperates this from Dwarf Fort.

This should actually be fun, making a fortified super structure then making forward bases around it while taking out enemy camps.

I really want to like this game, I really do. It's the kind of game I enjoy a lot.

But it doesn't let you get good, if it so decides it can just fuck your shit up and give you no chance to prepare for it no matter how skilled you are, unless maybe if you anticipated it happening (as opposed to the million other possible things that can also happen) from the start, which obviously has nothing to do with your skill.

What the fuck, rimworld now has entire planet and shit?

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUCK

multiplayer when?
Planet Holla Forums is going to be a shitworld but it'll be our shitworld

A most shameful display

every negative steam review you will ever encounter; the post

sending out my right wing death squad (SL - Ben Garrison) to take over neighboring colony.

Its DF with a UI that won't let you spoon your eyes out. That's enough for me to pop 30bucks on that

So I though it would be fairly funny to do a comparison between Rimworld and Dwarf Fortress, namely what features it's still missing.

I guess multiple Z-Leves would be one (dunno how feasible it is, but living underground doesn't seem to be the focus here)
Levers, traps and bridges\floodgates would be another, but we have electrical power and wires instead.

What else is there? We have farming, a lot of different industries, pretty much every job you had in Dwarf Fortress, but we also have research on top of it.

It also controls a lot better and the GUI is much, much better especially to see details about people. What exactly is missing from the game until it's considered better than Dwarf Fortress?

Also, I'm really fucking happy we finnaly can go around the world and conquer shit.
If there's one thing that always pissed me was how the game kept giving you people to populate your settlement at a very slow rate while tossing invaders like they are being manufactured next doors.

It gets super ridiculous when you can only get someone new every 30 minutes but every 10, there's a raiding party with 15 fuckers here to ruin your shit.

FUCKING STOP IT RANDY STOP TRYING TO KILL ME USUALLY YOU ARE CHILL

Berzerk mental breakdowns fucking suck, I wish mods worked so I could fix this but all of the interesting mods broke this update. I not even allow tool worked.

I went back to A15 for the meantime, too unstable and too many nice mods that aren't going to update in awhile.

Current colony Randy is being a total fucker though, all that shit posted before and I'm 1 and a half seasons into this colony and I've done plenty of Randy extremes before, he is just trying to kick my ass this time, I have already had 3 deaths, but he keeps leading me along giving me freebies to get my hopes up before he crushes them.

I really wished there was some way to change the parameters the AIs use to calculate how much of a chalenge they put forward.
I know there's a population target it strives for, if you have less people there will be events to get more, if you have more, there will be events to remove it from you.
It sucks since it seems 8-10 is the number of people the game wants you to have when I'd rather have 15-20.

Also, if you think that's bad, I once had Phoebe give me Acid Rain and Solar Eclipse at the same time.
The solar genetarors gave me no power so hydroponics died, all the plants outside melted away and all the animals were killed too so no hunting. Not like anyone could go outside either. It was a slow starvation that happened right at the beginning of Winter.
Phoebe's a bitch.

That's what early game is normally like for me and its a pain in the ass, significantly worse than prison architect or dwarf fortress early game by a large margin.

How about toxic fallout and volcanic winter at the same time in Phoebe mode

While a pain in the ass atleast those are completely ignorable once you have hydroponics or a greenhouse built.

I think I wound up making him his own little separate containment colony on the other side of the map where he couldn't fuck anything up anymore.

Even better - I had a volcanic winter, in an ice sheet colony, right when I tried to roll out hydroponics. While the crops weren't directly affected, it meant my power grid (entirely solar) was no longer adequate and I lost half my colony to starvation and riots before I could get enough components to get the solar grid up to optimization. Fucking VW lasted months.

ITT those too shit for DF, and too far up their ass to admit otherwise?

Well it wasn't until you showed up

DF doesn't let me be space cowboys.

It does actually.

Talk to me when this kike implements actual game changing shit like z-levels and water management.

Like clockwork.

Yeah, them current year cuckchan memes you're spewing are fairly common these days.

Go back to your autism general.

I want to customize my people to have no tolerance for bullshit. If someone starts beating other people half to death in an environment where basic survival alone is difficult, just because a girl rebuffed them or something stupid like that, that motherfucker deserves to hang.

Yes, I know, there's a DF mod for everything.

So much this
Considering the fact that your people are in constant risk of starving, sicknesses, raids etc…
They still pitty fucking raiders and stupid people who go berserk for stupid shit
Its like managing a colony full of sensitive pussies that will bitch when deal justice to raiders

Is it worth capturing the enemies in later waves? More people is good right?

you fucking casual

i tried it and didn't like it
although the fact that it had rivers was nice

I'm not falling for this again.

Its official, Holla Forums has finally become casual.

Call me when DF makes the UI decent. Fucking tired of having to press 20 keys to put down 4 walls.

Literally the worst game ever, asking you to use keyboard and shit in current year. The sheer hassle of copy/paste installing mouse plugins like mousefort!

We need joystick support ASAP. But bear in mind that someone else needs to build the UI support for it first so tynan can ape it. :^)

you take that back you motherfuck

Use DFhack for fucks sake. Box select and mouse support, boom, done, room made in two clicks. People who still complain about DF's controls are just fucking lazy at this point.

You can finally expand past the initial tile? How does that work? Do you swap between your colonies and manage them all? Does the inactive colony freeze in time? Does the AI take over from you?

i guarantee you go in to other threads to shit on the need for mods

So Dwarf Fortress doesn't have a bad UI because "mods will fix it", uh? Is that where we are getting at?
Because Rimworld has a pretty amazing interface right off the bat in vannilla and if we are gonna include mods here, there's also some Master Controller mod that lets you see so much things and automate so many tasks so easily that there's barely a point in downloading DF again.

They don't anymore. I've had a lot of them spending several days completely depressed and it took a long while for them to do anything, by which I mean just be dazed for a while.

Literally never happened. As long as they have the job enabled and you assign the order and they have nothing else to do, they'll gather food and build stuff.
They'll even eat nearby food on their own if they are starving. Sounds a lot like you ran out of metal and didn't noticed.

There's an incinerator and some tables to disassemble things.
You can program an infinite task so they burn every corpse that doesn't belong to the colony and break down every weapon\cloth\armor in bad shape as well as any weapon\cloth\armor of a particular type.
You can literally automate away all those problems.

Casual…

I really miss the Fear mechanic that was in the first alphas of the game. I don't think the author wants to re-add it anytime soon but he really should.
It's probably still possible to make a wall of corpses around your settlement to spook away invaders, though.

DFHack hardly replaces a proper UI. A lot of things only work for designation, on top of being limited by preset shapes. On top of that it's still slower than a proper UI. You can whine and stamp your feet all you want, but DF requires fucktonne of keypresses all the fucking time. Just to place down a chair you need 5 keypresses at the very least, often more, add 2 extra for every extra chair you want to place. Want a wall? 7 keypresses at best. This is just for building, lets not get into stuff such as military.

An obtuse clunky UI doesn't make the game better let alone make you "hardcore" for using it. Considering Toady has said it's temporary and he will rework it once all the features are in, it seems he too doesn't think it's much good.

Sorry user but it's against my religious beliefs to seriously consider the posts of JIDF inspired organizations such as your own, the RWIDF.

I'll just laugh as I remind you of tynan lauding and aping elements of said UI. Also dwarf therapist: RW edition. :^)

Chair: b-c-enter
Wall: b-C-umkh to form the length of the wall-enter
The UI is piss fucking simple once you play for five minutes. The "muh UI" meme is so fucking retarded. If you want to complain about DF, complain about how it'll never be finished and half the fucking features we get are vestigial garbage every update when shit like siege engines have been unchanged since the game was 2d and are thus practically unusable. Saying "I have to press some keys that I'm to stupid to memorize and that makes my wrist hurt because I spend all day jacking off" is a fucking weak ass criticism to anyone who's actually played the game.

Don't forget that not using Dwarf Therapist is a form of chinese torture to coordinate the jobs of everyone, while Rimworld lets you do it from a single screen and with two different modes.

The entire field of Medicine could be summed up in a single skill for the dwarves you assign as full time medics and maybe have a secondary skill for simple first aid. And having bajillions of skills dedicated crafting\farming doesn't make the game better, nobody is gonna make someone dedicated exclusively to bonecrafting or fish cleaning.

Then you can compare how the uniforms, drugs and zones were made with how uniforms, food and burrows work between both games to reach the same conclusion: convuluted doesn't make for good depth.

We have a genius here!

Stop. Just stop doing that and the thread will be good again. You have the power.

Probably never have z-levels, toady one barely managed to get it into dorf.

Ok then.

Chair: b-c-enter if you don't consider moving to the spot you want it, then you add either several arrow key presses or a click, for a total of 4 (said 5 because I remembered it asking for which material of chair you wanted, but my memory might be faulty).
Wall: b-shift+c-w/enter-umkh-enter-enter, so that's 6 assuming you don't want to resize anything and ignoring the movement to get to the right place, if you do add those and a shift-press at the end unless you want to tap enter 50 times for the material of each wall tile.

You can memorize the most common stuff very quickly but if you want to memorize everything it's a pain. Even when memorized you can't get away from the constant keyboard hammering. Yes there are plenty of other problems one could criticize that are bigger than the UI, but the UI is the topic at hand, not to mention most of those problems can be applied to RW in one way or the other as well.

Yeah I'll stop now. Back on track: Are there any good mods for the current version?

THE DOUBLES COMPEL US!

What mods have you guys found that you like the most?
I've found these:
ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26078.0
Call of Chtulu for Rimworld, because there wasn't enough reasons to die and go mad.

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26003.msg263637#msg263637
Magic, wands and spells so you can be a Wizard in space.

Also, how hard is it to mod for Rimworld, anyone ever gave it a try?

Apparently, the magic mod is not gonna be worked on anymore, the author had some problems IRL. Hope somebody takes it up or there's something similar somewhere else.

There was also a mod that allowed for more socializing options that was kinda amde obsolete now that there's "loving" in the main game, but I'd still like to see if there's anything new there. Anyone know what that mod was?

It's not that hard, it's just memorizing codes and trying to get what you want out of them. I've been editing mods to better suit my needs for a while now. I made an artillery mortar that shoots 10 shells every 5 seconds with a forced miss range of 10 meters.

Whatever you say man, but I will never see the point of anyone paying $30 for a game with less features than a free game that it ripped off just so they don't have to use some keystrokes. Even though everyone on Holla Forums pirates it anyway.

You really think an idjit like 316e6c torrented? I could be wrong but fuck me sideways if he's not a kikestarter white knight.

I'll probably try my hand at it sometime, try to make a few mods for necromancy for instance. Corpses are plenty, just missing a black book.
Imagine a colony filled with skeletons

And then they talk about Reddit…

Can't imagine the code being too hard, and the asset creation should be rather easy too due to the simplistic artstyle.

Ain't paying $30 for this, especially not in EA. I still play DF a lot more than I play this.

You're right, butthurt-kun, I didn't torrent. I got it off Vola.

His post aren't worth a (You) at this point, and motherfucker, if no one ever mentioned or looked at IDs we'd lose out on so much mark-kike induced laughs.

Are the gay colonists still in?

nope

Oh, shut up, Sam.

To be honest, 30$ is quite an hefty price. Wish I had bought it before when it was 10 or 15.

What a loss.

What did he mean by this?

Yes, just generated a few in 16 and one popped up with the gay.

I don't have a problem with $30 if the game is worth it, but it's way too early now. I'll see at/near release.

What did you do with it?

I'd suggest tanning his hide, make a hat or some shit.

True, but it is what it is.

See, this is how I know Holla Forums would never make it in a post-apoc or small rural world. Their priorities place "remove what triggers me" above "basic survival concepts".

It's only what it is because fags like you can't stop talking about names in an anonymous community.
It's too convenient, you're too used to it. Just say he is X and therefore nothing he says matters, there you go! All points invalidated and you didn't even had to put up an argument at all.

People like you don't get to complain about things like Reddit when you do pretty much the same thing they do.

I hope I didn't ruin this thread with my bad attitude.

e0e1db, buddy, if you've got a problem with IDs I'm sure mark (being notoriously reasonable and all) will do something to accommodate you. :^) I'd get if this was name or tripfagging but come the fuck on already.

Also for someone all about arguments, not labeling random fags and all that, you're the only one pushing this reddit shit itt. And since you apparently insist on talking about reddit: HW refereed to this place as redditchan more times then I can remember, and he straight up shilled on reddit.

Now if you really want to talk about cancer leaking in how about we talk /vg/ and more relevantly /rwg/? In say January a RW thread had 40 replies with 30 being what's this game; these days even random threads have /vg/ approved OP formatting.

That's uncalled for. :^)

referred* even

What the fuck happened to this thread?

Even rednecks know to keep the niggers planting shit instead of skinning them, that makes you worse than rednecks.

You could have made the point that the game has a target population and he is effectively taking a slot someone else could take, but you don't play the game, you're just here to talk about how gays trigger you.

You could decide to keep him as long as he has any skill above 10 so he can be usefull. Force him to wear nothing at all or only shitty tribal clothes.
You could give him a club and tell him to charge at attackers on the next fight.
You could give him a molotov and have him incinerate bodies to devastate his mind.
You could have him be the only person sleeping outside, in the animal pen.
You could just keep him around and laugh as all his advances towards straight males are turned down.

You could do so much using the game mechanics to make him wish there was a cross nearby and yet you're too fucking stupid to demand anything other than banal lynching.
Casuals like you are the ones that need the rope.

I push the Reddit shit because it's a common theme that someone will use that boogeyman as a label, caring more about the name then their behaviour to the point where they do the exact same thing they do but it's okay because they don't have the same name.
It's hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty.

How about no? Go discuss your "formatting" to /r/autism/ or something.

The delusions of fags believing they know how to run anything but their own lives to the ground.
You're no different than the anarchists and the socialists with their utopias, always relying on the good will of everyone else but you to happen.

I don't want the gay in my video games. I don't lose anything substantial if I kill them. I would give him a sword or maybe a gun or some sort of dangerous job and wait until he dies. I could always find someone who isn't full of the gay to replace him. Rednecks aren't stupid, you know. They're normal people, they just live in a different area. Just because they're speaks in a different accent than you doesn't mean they're retarded.

And look how that went for them. If anything, it proves that enslaving an enemy is not a permanent solution

I think it's a case of severe brain damage to be honest. Polite sage because the fuck am I reading here

You don't have any idea how often the average, healthy, clean person in a 1st world country comes in contact with shit in their every day lives. Where do you store your toothbrush? In the bathroom right? Guess what, its covered in microscopic shit. Whenever you flush that toilet you basically make a piss and shit mister that permeates the room and any adjoining rooms.

The great thing about the human body is its ability to get stronger by controlled exposure to every day bacterium, so just clean your bitch's ass and make sure she's not a skank fucking dirty nigger dicks in an alley. And just don't do ass to mouth, porn-star quality enemas are not for the faint of heart.

There are people that don't close the lid when flushing?

I've never been in any house where the toilet lid was shut.

That's because you live with barbarians.

women

Typical rimworld discussion itt.

Houses where I live don't have toilets in the bathroom, but usually in small room nearby.
Enjoy the shitmist.

Women are a scourge upon bathrooms, and then they like to act like they are cleaner than men. I swear to god they throw paper towels at each other for fun and leave them all over the floor on purpose.

that and when they wipe their pissy stankhole cunts with toilet paper they end up leaving little bits of twisted up toilet paper on the floor.

hate that shit so much

Nah, if i won't kill them, they will drive everyone to their deaths.

Confirmed for not playing the game or you'd know that replacements for people are rare and costly.

Hey, I'm sorry I talked about your family in a bad way but you gotta understand, you guys kinda make it easy to mock you. I can insult both your sister and your mother just by calling one person a whore.

I push the reddit shit, not the reddit boogeyman, selective reading is a funny trait of retards.
I don't blame the behaviour of anyone on the sites they visit nor do I generalize an entire community in a lazy effort to avoid avoid debating them.
I prefer focusing on the individual behaviour of each one and judge them by that.
So when someone comes to an anonymous community and does nothing but use names? Yeah, that's what's cancer.

Nigga I love Dwarf Fortress.
At the same time I really like this game as I've own it almost since the beginning and become attached.

Dwarf Fortress will always be more complicated and better because Toady is an autistic savant developer who has turned down 200k salary jobs as a grad from MIT to just work on Dwarf fort.
You cannot compete with that.

RimWorld needs to make itself different enough so its not considered a DF clone.
This is probably the first and best step to do that.

AIDS isn't coded into the game, although there are diseases in it, so I guess it would be easy to mod that in.
Maybe put a twist on it and later stages have people spontaneously combust because they are flaming faggots

Women, everyone.

If i would ever allow homosexuals into colonization of space, i would allow them to have a special trip to the sun, to colonize it with their ashes.

/namibia/
Glad someone else remembers that embarrassment.
That was the beginning of the end for Holla Forums it managed to hold some level of decency despite the stormfag flood.

Then idiots who started believing their own shit came and /namibia/ formed after they needed their own hugbox.
Now Holla Forums is once again dying off as the election is over and no on there knows how to discuss actual politics.

The Prime Minister Korean cult thing is breddy good though.

Adding mass to a star makes it burn out faster. No homo ashes.

Stop making Holla Forums /polmeta/ you fucking insufferable retards

Are there any essential mods for a16 yet?

You know what's really funny? You go to any other board discussing their own brand of politics, even the anarchist ones and you can find as well some utopia they believe can work perfectly okay, but it's also one where they don't have to do any work at all, everyone else will do it for them and be gratefull for the wisdom of the founding fathers.

The first thing someone has to understand about politics is that it's always about compromises between different parties. That if you want it all, you'll get nothing instead and you gotta work with and tolerate (not necessarily accept) people whom you'll disagree with if you ever want to get anything off the ground.

Thus, partizans never accomplish anything but make themselves look retarded and kill a few people every now and then.

#proxylivesmatter
#underage_memesters_lol

Someone in this thread already said many mods aren't gonna update or something, but there's plenty already that did.
I'm still seeing a lot of things for a15 and they are listed in the "Releases" section of their forum, so maybe they are still compatible?

what did he name it?

Holla Forums constantly swells and drops off and its always claiming to be all of 8ch when its big then ignores the times when it shrinks smaller then Holla Forums

There is a lot of crossposter and old Holla Forums vets, its always going to mentioned at least in any thread.
Just ignore it and enjoy the bumps to the thread.
No its the unstable so its updated with hotfixes, modders will probably not make anything until its released stable.

did the volafile user included the hotfix too?

I'm just telling you how it is. Keeping someone alive in a jail cell isn't that hard. Just feed them every once in a while and have some guy talk to them.

I don't know if there's been one, I'm just saying there will probably be a few and stealth patches as well.
I still get the game through sendowl updates so if there is one I'll upload it for everyone.

you require one male and female animal
animals cannot mate with their own family, so you cannot form a breeding population with only two animals to start
i don't know about eggs, but i think everything else is the same

no modder in their right mind would do anything with a version in the unstable branch, huge waste of work
mods are "unstable" and liable to do all sorts of janky shit even in the best of times, trying to mod for alpha 0.16 would be like building a 2 legged eiffel tower on the san andreas fault line.

that's a shame then, I'll settle for vanilla for now

In the mean time, how do you keep enough food for everyone at anytime? I tried to hunt a shitload and have my cook produce food enmass and after some hours they run out again.

Food is a bitch in this game, your colonists need to eat 3 times a day.
I usually farm, potatoes and rice have high yields and are relatively quick.
Corn can be eaten raw and give happiness boost but takes a while.
Strawberries can be quick if in hot areas, and also give happiness boost.

If you have a shitload of power, a sunlamp and hydroponics will produce a ton of food, and in extreme temps its required.

Refrigeration is key two coolers will keep a room around 15F.
Make rooms behind them were the warm outflow comes out to warm buildings.

A good idea is to make a geothermal station build a wall around it with a vent, then make your farm the next room next to the vent.
The geothermal will keep your room warm for the plants.

The food paste processor is pretty great too, the mood penalty is largely ignorable and it's way more efficient then meals.

So many colonies have died of starvation. Hunter gatherers were not a option because you would have killed and ate all the animals within a week. I guess now that you can leave your tile you can do more varied colonies. I can't wait to make an army of cyborg mongols, rampaging across the planet.

There is usually one animal that is prominent in your area.
Usually they are muffalo, deer, gazelle or camels.
These animals you can kill in bulk as more with wonder in.

You don't want to kill the rarer animals that wonder into your area, save those for emergencies.

Cold biomes other then iceshelf are easier for food because of the vast Muffalo herds.

what the fuck is wrong with the posting on this thread, i keep trying to make a post explaining harvesting and it just sits there NOT DOING ANYTHING

maybe this post is too long or some shit idk so im breaking this into two parts, this shit is refusing to post

you essentially need a freezer to hoard stuff for winter. growing and harvesting stuff is easy enough to do, especially if you do rice, potatoes and strawberries in a temperate climate. Make a 4x7 field of each, wait until they are sown, and then expand another 2x7 each time the field is fully seeded. Do that until the field is large enough for your taste, keep in mind how few colonists you have because once it gets large enough, harvesting and re-sowing will be a full fucking time job.

You construct a room with one single door (and preferably another room outside that one connected to it as a kind of "airlock" to keep in the cold air) with a cooler programmed at keeping the room below freezing. It will store food permanently as long as you have power and it doesn't get stupidly hot outside (in which case lower the temp on cooler). Make sure that you store raw items as well as cooked meals. Once it gets larger, you can start storing corpses too, i don't think that has any effect on your food, but seeing corpses gets your people a happiness drop.

1/2

You need to have a butcher table set on "butcher animal - forever" and a stove (electric is better) set on "cook meals until we have X," and manually set someone to cook food with high priority (don't assign your colonists work with the checkmarks, use manual, it's too restrictive otherwise). Colonists wake up and eat food, and the first thing my cook does is replace the meals that were eaten. I start off with working up to 20 meals stored, then when i get there, 30, and so on, so the chef has time to help out doing other things.

Getting and storing food in a temperate region is easy, especially if you have "crash landed survivors", but if it's an issue for you, you may want to consider rushing hydroponics so you have crop growing options by winter.

None of my colonies ever died of starvation, I would imagine it's not even a danger unless you pick a horrible spot or you get really unlucky with dice rolls (crop blights are the worst).

2/2

is it this?
VVVVVV-06232014.zip

why waste 30 $ on a single player game you can download and install in 5min? why not download it for free and with those 30$ eat a pizza and drink some beers while you play the pirated game?

Some people don't mind paying for things.
I don't care if you pirate, but some of you niggers are insufferable faggots, that always seem to be one step away from socialists.

RimWorld.7z I assume

it's just called rimworld.7z
it's version 0.16.1388 rev845 (development build)

you didn't just ctrl+F "rimworld"?

If everyone thought that way, that game wouldn't exist for you to play in the first place.

On my second year, just had to seal my colonists into their fortress for a month due to radioactive fallout. Fortunately we got all the animals inside and A/C units built so there was no shortage of food, although people did get bored and snap and wander around outside for a bit.

the vidya industry is fucking cancer, but there are some good devs and/or games out their that deserve money for their work. I have no problem with piracy, I do it all the time, but if I think a game or its devs did good work and actually show passion and love for the industry and made a good game, i have no problem giving them cash, especially since i usually buy games with high replayability that works out to just a few cents per hour of entertainment.

Note I'm not actually talking about rimworld here, i can appreciate their effort but 25 bucks for a game that essentially is a rip off of Dorf Fort? Probably not worth my bread. Most games I care to pirate I generally have no problem not paying for, because the corporations behind them are cancer or the game itself isn't good enough, but if your mentality is "pirate and play for free any and all games you're interested in and never pay for anything," that mentality would kill any good developers.

You're of no serious risk to the industry as it is now because of the sheer number of steamfags and normalfags gobbling shit up, but those people being there to begin with is a huge part of WHY the industry is shit, therefore it's a vicious cycle. If our pasttime was as niche as it was in the late 80s early 90s, just with modern day games and technology, you would be a ridiculously huge faggot and reviled.

You might just be that anyway.

with the enclosed space and having to kill animals and deal with corpses in close proximity to everyone i'm surprised half your colonists didn't snap

I don't buy videogames anymore. You do not own the game, you just pay to play it. I want to pay 30$, play the game, and then resell it for 15$. No? Then fuck you, I will pirate it.

.05 incest shotguns have been deposited into your account

Well I actually own the game because I didn't buy it off steam.
Learn the difference between consumer license and a rental licensing.
Steam uses the latter.

Colonists don't care about animal corpses, only human.

Lets be honest here, Condoms were originally invented as birth control devices and remain primarily as such. If you use condoms for anything other than that, you're either a degenerate buttfucker or a really funny guy.

newsflash for you son, it's been that way for literally decades .you think the old CDs you bought for cash at brick and mortar stores allowed you to "buy the game"? No, you had a game copy and you were buying the license to run and play it, you actually had zero rights to the game and, technically, it was illegal to "resell" it for a number of them, but nobody enforced that because nobody cared. Today, the only difference is that they can withhold their physical copies in favor of digital distribution. The transaction is exactly the same, only the publisher has far lower production costs and less liability. If you could have pirated physical copies from the comfort of your own home, you would have, and rationalized it with whatever you felt like as it came to mind.

seriously what the fuck is going on with this board? why does it keep stalling at "posting…100%"? This is the fucking 20th time now, what the fuck is the deal? There's got to be a rhyme or reason, it let me post my last post when i split it into 2, but i KNOW this one isn't too long.

You could sell the CD.

Nah fam, you may never have "owned" the game as far as IP goes, but you owned your physical copy and had legal protections to preserve that copy, including making backups. That's why its "legal" to dump your console bios, because you're making a software backup.

Again learn the difference between viewing rights and subscription rights.

Why don't you spell it out if you really want to be understood.

My country has something called the first-sale doctrine that contradicts what you're saying It says that the laws of copyright are extinguished for that specific, individual copy once it is sold by the copyright holder.
Naturally though, this doesn't apply to any other copies created, that's what constitutes copyright infringement.
One of the few perks of living in the US, I suppose.

You own the right to view the product, unless you violate the terms of your contract which is initiated at the time of purchase a company cannot strip you of your right.
So you can use your product as often and as much as possible, you can also sell your right to the product by selling the CD.

You pay for the right to view a companies product through a third party renting out the viewing rights through a subscription model.

Which is why you can't take your games with you when you leave steam.
This is also why Steam are the turbo kikes.

I see, thanks for clarifying.

Is the name a mistake from another thread carried over or are you being passive aggressive?

I can't fucking post but there was an update.
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
Look for RimWorld 0.16.1389, should be done in about 5-10 minutes now because posting issues out the ass
Update notes here ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27929.192

Wouldn't Sam be considered a regular celeb now since he had an actual TV show and has celebrity enemies like Tim Heidecker and Eric Andre?

what was the update?

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=16e74baab7c3d0f7344434b0184c8e1d&topic=27929.msg284740#msg284740

Being space cowboy coke barons was nerfed.

This guy actually got triggered.

what game?

Zombasite.

I've done a fair amount of modding for the game. It's pretty easy to do if you already know how to program. Lots of new content can be made just by fucking around with the .xml files of the game (what most modders do) but for anything interesting you have to do C#.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as A16 is in fact, A16-Unstable There are barely any mods for it because it's not meant to be the current playable version of the game

Though funny you're a retard if you make a statement like that working as police or with them as that will be refrenced for the next 20 years by defending lawyers that RAYCISM is present in the police force and therefor lil mac killa is a gud boy who dindu nuffin.

So I started a game with an all Desert Island, and forced traits of everyone on the planet as Pychopath and cannibal.

Also my starting area where I will begin my conquest, really great area, got mountains on boths sides with water behind them for some scenic building.

Sounds good user.

what are you doing for food?

also it looks like you have a tiny hydroponics thing going in the top right of your place, how did that get there? can you turn floors into fertilized dirt somehow?

Are you saying Rimworld is basically Europe Simulator: Current Year?

When you research Hydroponics you can make Hydroponics bins, and Sun Lamps which grows plants at 240% speed at optimum conditions.

I've been surviving by eating the raiders that have come to attack me, and slaughtering self tamed animals.
The only thing I keep alive is the mega-scarab because they don't eat much.

Also Hydroponics room setup is really important, its the difference in a little food and enough to survive off of with stockpile.

Mine is inefficient as shit but I had to make it ASAP out of the research room with the metal form the bench.

It's not that bad.
Originally yes, your miners would go berserk all the time from being in a ugly place because they are mining metal.

Now, I've had several colonists alternate into minor break risks and major while starving, with one character with the pessimist trait which makes his mood worse by default, only one person has broke and they only dazed for a while.
They don't get naked either so no more deteriorating equipment.

Another thing I noticed is if your colonists are 15-19 they only have the childhood background.

Eh.
Maybe I could be convinced to give it another go, but when I played, it was just a really shitty version of DF with a sci-fi touchup and a RNG designed to screw you over, all topped off with the equivalent of college liberals who explode into murderous rage at the slightest thing.

The UI in DF is pretty sweet, and I am fairly sure you are just stuck at toddler level retardation.

The game tells you exactly what does what, and once you know what you are doing, you can do everything far faster than any other similar game I've played. I can set up an entire fortress in seconds, thanks to that UI.
The only shit parts are the military screen, and the job screen. Job screen isn't even that bad, once you understand it, but it is easier to grab something like Therapist all the same.

This update adds quite a bit, to separate itself from Dwarf Fort, I agree with the shitty Dwarf Fort clone before the recent patches.

I've been skeptical of the dev's ability to do actually do something with the game, as I've owned it for 2-3 years but back when it was 10 or 15 dollars.
He added a few things here and there but the game stayed the same for a while.

However now you can build a base, establish caravans with your own units, invade other areas, build separate bases.
From some of the events that happened I'm guessing he's aiming to have the space ship you build take you to another planet to establish a colony there.

Oh, nice. So now it's less DF, more 'colonization'?
That sounds interesting, at least. I'll have to keep my eye on it then. Something I always wanted to see.

Now if only he would get rid of the god-awful 'explode because your room isn't perfect' garbage.

I think that's been toned down significantly lately. I've only been playing since Alpha 15 and no one has flipped their shit very much. I only had a couple of minor breaks, and that was after a few major colonists were killed. All she did was overeat and lock herself in her room. Otherwise, managing everyone's morale has been easy enough. It's keeping them alive that's been the hard part for me, pretty much everyone is horribly disfigured by now.

Knowing what you're selecting is a pain in the ass as monitors differ in dark bright.
Best thing mastercraft Dwarf Fort did was make what you were selecting a different color.

Also some shit's a pain in the ass, forbidden beasts with deadly dust.
Constructing buildings is a fucking mind numbing headache.

Don't defend the UI too much, Toady even said its shit, and he tries to make it better how he can but it gets in the way of actual design.
Which is why he recommends people to use graphic packs and mods like dwarf fort to cover what he doesn't have time for.

If you remember there was a whole menu in Dwarf Fort that says
THIS DOESN'T WORK RIGHT
Or something like that, which I think was the visualizer for horizontal viewings of shit or something.

Like I said above its gotten better, they're no longer breaking constantly, though they still get into break risks easy they don't seem to actually break as often.

I'm going to stop though, as I'm sounding like a shill, I'll post some more updates on my base.

I've got no idea what you are trying to say here. If I were to guess, you apparently have issues due to your monitor settings. In that case, change your settings.
I've certainly never had an issue with finding what I am selecting. There's a big X, after all.

Forgotten beasts. But, yeah, dust is a bit tough to deal with, if you don't know what you are doing. You need a waterfall shower and immediate medical treatment. Best way to deal with that sort of creature is long range.
Not sure what that has to do with the UI, though.

Constructing buildings has never been an issue for me. It tells you exactly what to push to get what building. I mean, as long as you are capable of reading, I can't understand why you'd ever have an issue.

Toady caves to pressure from outside sources. I really don't want to see the UI different, as currently it is insanely fast once you know what you are doing. It is also real easy to learn. Outside a few screens, the UI, in my opinion does not need to be changed. Mouse support is the only thing I can see, and frankly, I don't understand why you'd ever want to use a mouse.
Fuck, just look at Rimworld in comparison. People aroundabout would call it a 'better' UI, but it takes fucking ages to do the most basic shit, because you gotta drag your mouse over there. Meanwhile, in DF, I can build most anything in seconds. Hardest part is waiting for them to complete the task, and dealing with the retarded dwarves who get stuck.

I personally prefer the standard graphics, as it gives you a lot more room for your own imagination. I would always recommend people start with a graphics pack, but that's only so they can understand what they are looking at. I suggest as soon as you do, to switch back to the standard look, or if that's a bother on your eyes, one of the many other font-style graphics packs.
Is that a thing now? That's pretty cool. I thought you have to use DFhack for that. Am I misunderstanding it, or are you saying DF has a sideview function to see things like buildings and the like sticking up?

I wouldn't worry too much about sounding like a shill for this game. It had a fairly large number of very successful threads, because it was pretty fun outside a lot of the bullshit.
I'll probably give it a try come tomorrow, if I can download it easy enough.

Well, that's a relief. It was a major bother how, most the time, murderous rampages were over absolute rubbish reasons.
I wouldn't mind so much things like wandering, locking in room, or even binge eating for that sort of thing, but watching a colonist go out and stab a guy because she didn't have air conditioning just pisses me off.

I'm not sure how it was structured in past versions, but there's "Minor Breaks" and "Major Breaks." Minor Breaks are the harmless things like binge eating, boozing, wandering around aimlessly, locking themselves in a room, etc. Harmless stuff. Major Breaks are the ones where they run off and stab someone. A pawn has to be very miserable to be at risk for a Major Break–like, sick, starving, with dead friends, that level of misery.

Unless Toady has changed it, the dust can and will start rotting flesh instantly, doctors can remove the rotten flesh before it gets too bad.
Also waterfalls were the opposite of what you wanted to do, in the older versions there was a glitch where globs of stuff including deadly dust can replicate endlessly as long as something comes into contact with it.
So when you cleaned dwarfs the mess they make afterwards from fighting leaves a chernobyl zone where you have to cutoff.
But your right that had nothing to do with the UI.

I don't know how much you've played but as someone who has made a whole functioning fort in hell its a pain in the ass to build things not naturally carved out of rock.
I have it fucking memorized.
B then Ctrl C then W for one column of wall, make sure accessible by dwarfs, make sure you don't build to far where they try to build it next to a drawbridge as it wont support it causing cave in.
Make sure you leave 1 wall alone for corners as dwarves can't build froma corner.

God help you if you are building multiple z levels.
Make 100+ blocks for floors, know exactly what you are going to make because walls can't be built on floors, but build floors to each room then deconstruct as you need them to get to the island of floors.
Only deconstruct one floor at a time as dwarves can and will deconstruct floors others are standing on.

I think you came here looking for an argument, Toady caves from outside sources which is why he admitted the UI is bad?

No it was an old feature that was in before last years update, 34.11 I think. It didn't work properly and Toady removed it in last years big update.

Shouldn't be instantly, last I ran into that. It's deadly as fuck, but it takes a second to get too horrible.
Could've sworn showers worked for getting rid of dust on dwarves and the like, as well as generally removing contaminates. Maybe I just did that on a newer version, or got lucky. Although, I will give you the cherynobyl zone lot. My solution was typically to temporary flood the area. I thought that worked too. Though, it was also a major pain, but that's why I always settled on a river.

Quite a while. Long enough to build a few above ground forts what leave me thinking that, aside from dealing with the retard dwarves stuck in the wall, it was easy for me.
It certainly didn't take me long. Though, I always planned ahead on some graph paper.
Also, forbid part of the wall. Solves the issue of corners pretty easy.

Multiple z levels are a pain in the ass, I will give you that. But once you actually understand the mechanics behind construction and z levels, it is not terrible. I think Toady should let walls go on floors, all the same. It's a pain in the ass.
Still, think of it in the same terms that stairs work: Floors equal a half-up, essentially. Walls can't go there because walls equal a full block, up to the next z level. It's why you can, for instance, place floors on top of a wall.
But, again, not really a UI issue. That's just the mechanics of construction and z levels.

I don't really come looking for arguments, so much as I call people on stuff they say. I don't see why that is wrong. Are you saying I should've said nothing? How would the world work if everyone did that? We'd never have any discussion, and we'd all be prey to someone's shitty opinion, because we can't argue with them.

Yeah in using a water source thats moving to clean dwarves would probably work, my problem was getting your dwarves to fight around the waterfall to get them clean as they could rot while fighting, then there would be dust around the area, which you could probably get rid of quickly with water flooding.

Then its a matter of opinion, I've been playing since 2012 and probably logged 3000-4000 hours not including world gen. Its always a fucking chore to make structures, while juggling everything else with the fort as well as any possible event.

I don't care if you want to argue, my heart just isn't in it, and I don't want the thread to be filled with
words words words

It is my opinion that the Ui in dwarf fort can use improving, Toady said it himself, after 4 hours of straight building often with only a couple in game days passing from pausing waiting pausing waiting.

So my desert mountain base has become an oven.
Though everyone's room has AC the hallways is nuclear, even at night reaching 121 f
Going to build A/C units leading to a pool with no roof to let the hot air out, with the doors completed it should lower temp.

Also building a game room with a view of the ocean, wish there was windows or glass walls so I will have to make it open to the elements.

Also gave my megascarab a bed made out of human skin, it also has the added benefit of bringing the dining room to somewhat impressive.

True enough. That's why I used archers on such beasts. Because getting close to that shit is a death sentance. If anyone did get caught up in that, they got pulled off the lines right away. I am not about to sacrifice my best marksdwarves if I can help it, after all.
But, then, I only ever ran into one.

Improving, I can accept. The UI does need improving. I just can't accept that it is 'shit'. I find it quite easy to use, and certainly easier than a lot of games I've played to learn.

I would like the option to continue running the game while in menus. Don't really need to pause every time I designate a mining area.

Congrats user, you made the microwave hallway from MGS4.

it is if you are unlucky. Otherwise, yeah, easy as fuck. It certainly is easiest if you know how to never leave your walls.

Before this update I made death ovens for unwanted prisoners, I made a 2x1 room with vents around it, then placed 12 heaters in a room around the room.
I had a powerswitch that would turn them all on, the unlucky what I could only assume to be Jewish individual would die almost instantly.

I've done it too a few of my units too when they piss me off to much

This is accurate. While Rimworld is simpler than DF, it is not easier. There's a lot of bullshit in this game.

I use a mod that adds a furnace structure. Basically a heater turned up to 11 and takes a fuckload of kW, but pushes temperatures up to 300°C~. Good for mass corpse/garbage disposal.

Isn't there an actual corpse cremator in the game though? Can't put garbage in it (is there a way to get rid of all these fucking worn-out pants other than praying traders will take it?) but you can burn corpses.

The incinerator works for both corpses and clothing.
The problem with it is you strip someone when you put them in, meaning you then burn their clothes as well which takes time.

If you use the furnace thing you can probably burn up everything at once, also some raids you are up against an army so you need to get rid of bodies as quick as possible.

The start of my prison, with barracks to the south west and hospital beds with sterile rooms for organ harvesting.
All the doors are plasteel and the main prison room will have turrets in case of attempted escape.

Also its behind a mountain with ocean to its back so nearly impenetrable.
The organ harvesting can't come soon enough I got an old man who needs a new heart, and our cook with asthma who can use some new lungs.

u wot m8? dorf fort is notorious for having absolutely terrible and convoluted UI, it's the biggest reason why most people play the game with a task manager and organizer. It's not difficult to understand when you know what you're looking at and where all the options are located, but it's still a gigantic pain in the dick to navigate in vanilla form, especially when your fort gets larger in size.

I don't use any mods on DF (i almost never use mods on any game, ever, period) except for a tileset or two and a job manager. The UI isn't what I would call "sweet," unless you're confusing UI for something else.>>11488185

Yeah, and I don't think it deserves to have such a notoriously shit UI. After all, I don't think it actually is shit.

With exceptions to the military and job screen, most everything else can be done quickly. The UI beyond those things seems pretty damn good for me.
My biggest complaint is the pausing.
Oh. That explains it.

I like to think that if a dumbass like myself could figure out DF's UI in a completely vanilla state, anyone can.

It tells you what everything does, so learning shouldn't ever be too much a problem. Only the military screen is truly confusing, you ask me. The job screen is just massively inefficient.

Sending a caravan to clear out a degenerate faction called "The Donkey Men"
Probably spics.

fug

Sounds like a bunch of jackasses.

I just tried Rimworld the first time yesterday, the July 30 upload version so don't know how much has been changed.

I watched the tutorial, and in my own game went through the same motions until it just became kinda boring. Your survivors won't really even do anything if you don't give some zones, areas or jobs to work on, and for a while I ran out of ideas on "Okay, what do I do now?"

And I had heard that "the narrator in this game is amazing" and was literally looking forward to a sort of updating story logbook on what has been happening in the world, but it's nothing (at least in this version). Really hard to put some spirit into characters floating around with no legs and hands or mouths.

So far, it's pretty bad and boring, I wonder if there's a turning point.

Really, look at these guys so lazy they don't even get up when their cabin is on fire.

If you don't naturally have the desire to grow and improve your colony, then I can imagine why it would be boring. It doesn't have any goal except survival.

Whoever praised the narrator to you is a shill. I'm assuming you/they meant the storyteller. The storytellers are literally just different settings for the RNG in the game. There's a good chance you'll never know the difference between them because ultimately RNG is still RNG, so you can get similar results with all of them.

If you picked the easiest difficulty possible, then it will probably be even more boring because you have no incentive to craft better armor/weapons or improve your base defenses.

I'm giving it another go with a new colony right now, but things seem pretty fucked because I didn't notice one of them was some model who can't do ANY chores, can't research, can't hunt, just fucking walks around doing nothing all day. Restart time?

Yeah you should just restart. Learning the game means you shouldn't have to deal with that much bullshit from Day 1.

That's kind of the point, otherwise you would have no semblance of control.

perhaps because you're new you don't know what your options are yet, but your list of tasks are great

- sow and harvest crops
- go hunting
- research things (medicine, better weapons, better tech, etc.)
- build a smart layout for your colony (easier said than done)
- keep colonists happy
- make sure you're constantly producing meals and butchering dead animals
- make sure you're constantly getting enough materials to make clothes with and you're keeping your people clothed in anything not rags
- make sure to have parkas for the winter
- go mine for materials because you're going to run out
- make sure you have a freezer to hold your food
- make sure you have heaters/coolers in your colony to compensate for outside temp
- try to tame animals to form a source of meat, income, and labor (they can be trained to haul things if they aren't a retarded species)
- make some sculptures to trade or install around the colony to make money or make things look pretty
- make sure you have medical beds and prison beds set up
- make sure you have rooms and beds set up AHEAD of time if you're trying to recruit a prisoner
- make sure you have healing and doctoring priorities always set to highest, same with firefighting, try to make your colony out of stone and medical area out of sterile tile

ETCETRA ETCETERA

Those are all beginner things you need to do, and those are all off the top of my head. There are dozens of other things. The fun is not simply in getting those things to happen, but trying to keep your train on its tracks in order to do so, since RNG will sometimes come along to brighten your day or ruin it. Just try and do all of the above on your own while handling the events and the colonists and you'll either figure out where the fun in the game is, or you won't get it at all.

So, your complaint is that the game isn't playing itself?

Haha you're going to get AIDS

It's actually too easy.

This farming needs an overhaul, a few 3x3 plots can feed an entire fort of 150, as long as you have a decent grower.

women manage to shit out bathrooms at my job with paper, menstural blood and even shit everywhere despite going to the bathrooms 10 times less often than men. Other than fat old fucks that almost shit themselves trying to sit down, the biggest issue is aiming

Ye-

Space Marine was pretty good, but what are you doing here? This is a Rimworld thread.

Look at the hands size.

who else /GTArace/ here

i miss arcade style games

yea now you can spam cherry picked pics yea cool man

Yeah, but on X360. PC is pure garbage for arcade ports.

I finally amassed enough colonists to send out a caravan. I decided to begin my empire 10 days west, with an extra 4 days of food just in case. After an uneventful week, they finally reached the edge of the shrublands where they were to settle.

Nevermind, fuck my ass

what does the "settle" button do, then?

Wait what happened?
What the fuck am I looking at?
What is this planet/globe?
That map..

What have they done?
What did they do to Rimworld?

Must have dumped hundreds of hours into this game, building and defending myself till the sun was up and I realized I was up all night again.

I discovered that if you increase the number of colonies in the options you can use it, but you just get another colony that you still have to manage, pretty much a shitty map expansion.
I was hoping Rimworld had turned into a Dwarf Fortress game where I AM the Dwarf capital, sending expeditions out to grow autonomously and slowly claim a chunk of the world for my faction, not this shit. I'll just cross my fingers for a few more patches until I can finally expel the tribals from the shrublands and make Salisbury a capital worthy of its name.

That's shit. Hopefully it'll get changed into something better later on

Well, if you use the debug thing you can see there's a mechanism to spawn structures.
I think eventually, colonies that aren't "active" are simulated in a low-resolution process. They stockpile resources (depending on their location), make items (based on the resources and colonists available) and use that same mechanism to spawn structures. So when you go visit, you might find they already built a few huts. It could also run events.
Things like that.

Is there anyway to tweak the chance of infection?
It's gotta be the worst fucking mechanic in the game. I'm not even sure what the fuck is it doing there. I got 5 colonists fending off against 4 raiders. I kill off two, the rest run away. Every colonist is going back to bed to rest and BAM, one by one all get infected more or less at the same time.
So the Doctor (that is already infected himself) is hauling ass to to heal and treat the 4 other guys. End result: I lose one guy to the infection.
But wait! The wounds aren't even healed yet, HERE COMES SOME MORE RAIDERS.
Everyone gets infected again save for one guy that can only do hauling. So the doctor (already infected) is tending to some guy and falls smack on the floor because his infecting is too severe. Then they both die.
Another guy joined my colony for free, but at this point, all medical supplies have been sunk in people who died anyway. Why even bother when some random rabbit will scratch one of their legs and the guy is gonna keel over because healing with no medical supplies = death sentence.

I just want this shit removed, re-worked into appearing only on major wounds or insta-immunity when treated with healing supplies.
Or something. I'm sick of looking at the infection progression faster than the cure and realize that colonist is gonna eat 4-5 more meals and take another 2-3 healing supplies to simply die anyway.
Even if you're lucky and get a Doctor 10 or 12, what happens when that guy gets infected?
Massive AIDS atack, that's what.
Holy fuck.

Oh, I just remembered something:
And she starts treating the bruises first, because fuck yeah who gives a shit about bloodloss? Oh the guy died. Fuck. Let's the next one.
So the sickly old grandman starts fixing the bruises again, FOR FUCK SAKE, and in the meantime one of the open wounds infects.
Does she treat the infection rightaway? Fuck no, she only did 3 bruises so far. 4 more to go!
And then she gotta close those wounds!
And now we gotta treat that 32% infection with no medical supplies (that were all spent on bruises)!
Fucking stupid.

The good news, my colonists have finally figured out that they should put animal-based food products in the freezer.
Unfortunately, they figured that out using my fertilized turkey eggs. Wonderful.

You can control and set all of that in the stockpile settings, as well as the importance of the stockpile.

This. I just had a guy catch that jazz from a squirrel bite.

Anyway, in the game custom scenario whatnot, you can adjust some of that stuff if you like. I highly recommend it, because the base game set is a bit heavy-handed on the RNG bullshittery

Fertilized eggs are made Forbidden the second they spawn, check again if they are indeed fertilized.

This. The infection needs to be severely toned down, or needs to be easier to cure. Shit, most of the stuff they get infections from could be prevented just by scrubbing it with water. Right now, having more than one open wound practically guarantees an infection, and that's fucking bullshit when you're being constantly fucking raided

On a previous alpha, I managed to get a guy infected on 6 diferent places. He was on 3 fights while the first infection was still healing and got 2 infections on every fight.
He died when a warg looked at him funny.
He colapsed do to infection pain right after shooting a warg when he was hunting rabbit. The warg didn't care, just killed him.

Become better. Just yesterday I had everybody but one in my colony come down with the plague and I got through with no death. I only ever have infections occur when I fail to treat somebody in a timely manner.

We crash land on a distant planet and we still can't escape the fucking furries.

Hm… and how about colonizing more worlds? or is the spaceship thing still just the end of the game?

Bruises are serious business.
Remember the last time you had one, how comfortable it was, constantly hurting?

Pffft, I'd rather die of infection than let a bruise go untreated!

We might be battered and half-dead.
But I'll be damned if we won't have our home cinema!

Let's see the rest of your base, oni-fam.

It's shit so far. I already lost 5 guys. One broke his back and couldn't get out of bed. The other one took a bullet to head, survived with 1/10 HP on his brain, couldn't move. Gave him a puff of leafjoint and she died.

The only thing I'm proud so far is the home cinema and this layout for the kitchen/messhall/farm/brewery.
It's not the most efficient yet, and used to cause a lot of trouble (people opening doors rose the temperature and spoilled food) but it's quite good for now. I'm building a new restaurant in the south west, that's where they'll eat later. There's a Superb statue there aswell for that extra moodlet.

Altough, I'm not so sure the Brewery was such a great idea. I told'em to load up on booze and drink one a day cause that's what the doctor ordered. There's 4 booze adicts now and 3 with cyrrosis and two of those lready have liver cancer. Everytime I try to operate they die, so they're gonna have to survive until I build a proper hospital.
Old hospital is gonna be repurposed into Slave/Prisioner Pen.

Also for beer and smokeleaf, set it to once a day and set "only if joy below X", something like 50 for booze, 30 for smokeleaf, if you end up going farther in set some flake or something to 5%.

Better to have them stone than having them break on you and ruining everything.

Kingdom mode has been planned from the start of DF. As well as sending your military to do shit in the world outside yhe fort. Not that unique yet.

Wow, beliefs am I right?

Lad, I'm not here to argue with you but if someone genuinely believes that someone is mentally ill and can only bring downfall to a society, they aren't going to keep them around just to have a "helping hand" (they probably wouldn't even think they would be a helping hand).

And if it's in a videogame, who cares? Let them ERP. There's no way you're "supposed" to play a sandbox game.

not our fault these fuckers aren't happy with anything smaller than mansions.

For any of you who want a semi dorf fortress style playthrough of this, the rpg codex has one. Don't know if its still active though.

In all honesty I'd love if all gays were murdered in real life for being disgusting, degenerate pedophiles that trick people into suicide by spreading disease and poz.

That's nice of you to share with the class.

Although you are a dorf fort player, that does not excuse you from defending gays from being completely eliminated. Probably something to do with the Toad leaving in code to let cattle be gay.

Good thing I didn't ask to be excused for anything then.

I shit in a fat chick's mouth once. Didn't really get any kicks out of it, but it was kind of funny.

You replied to a post with 4 days. Consider your anti-gay crusade is just another form of autism.

Except that you can't do any of that yet in DF but you can in Rimworld now.
We are missing Z-levels, dying and encrusting gems because otherwise there's every feature in DF and with a better HUD to control it.

I'm skeptical of the defenses. Solid walls > sandbags.

The sandbags are for cover.
I finnaly got my hands on some assault rifles. When the savages get into that tunnel, they get a hail of bullets.
Right now the most serious problem I have is mellee. Wish we could equip melee weapons alongside ranged ones. I had a wave of 15 guys charging in. Killed 3 with the first salvo, killed 2 more, but then they got close enough.
For that end, I "hide" 4 guys with swords on the sides of the passage. Once the mellee rushers are close to the sandbags, the swordsman flank them and keep them from moving. These are also the more heavily armored guys: they're not there to kill, more to hold them off.

I still don't know how the fuck are turrets usefull. At any time, they can't hit shit and people always end up blowing them up before they kill anything.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Solid walls work as better cover. Lower chance to get hit, when shooting from them.

Hey me too, I didn't get kicks out of it but I definitely got keks out of it

New version is out!
ludeon.com/blog/2016/12/rimworld-alpha-16-wanderlust-released/

Seems like it's possible indeed to have multiple colonies, you just gotta enable it in the Options.
Also, Drop Pods, you can invade people Spess Marine style now!

What's more is that there's Guilt now, something applied to every prisoner that tried something funny against your colony. Killing Guilty prisoners doesn't impart negative colonies. Expect mods that make people guilty so you can have them fight against lions and elephants in a colosseum.

I haven't built a prison yet, but so far I don't see why. Trespassers get shot, survivors get shot again.

I think I'll try making a "Cold Room". A building with 5 2x1 rooms, vents between them, sleeping spots (for prisioners) in each room and a Cooler set to -100. Just gotta remove the "Home" are from it to make sure they don't clean it up/remove corpses, and I make a literal nightmare pit for the little tribal shits.

My bad, everyone.

Now we gotta wait a few more days for the innevitable Hotfix and then a link in the share thread.

Every games that go "we've taken out some stuff but add tons more", any revived IP

fuck not again

relax i posted in the wrong thread

HOT HEADS LEAVE!

So how lucrative is butchering organs from raiders and sell them to caravans

Very, last I checked. But, you get some bad moodlets.

Its DF without anything interesting going on, and it has a UI that makes it slightly easier to play. Theres nothing that you can use to "Build" anything. The game needs a "wiring system" and different types of blocks or something that you can control. There is absolutely NOTHING to do when your colony is "Stable".

With the introduction of guilt this shouldn't be a problem right? Or does that just negate bad moodlet from killing

Fixed that for you. Once my colony is stable I'm gonna outfit 10 guys in powerarmour, train them with a charge rifle and use drop pods to purge Pirates and Tribals all day.
Call me back when I can purge Elves in DF.

what a fag

You're pretty funny. If I want a rogue-like, I'll stick to Elona. That one has CONTENT unlike Adventurer mode.

There's a lot of words I'd use to describe DF adventuremode. Contentless is not one of them.

And that's pretty much all of it. Dwarf settlements are still empty as fuck, elven settlements are literally just trees. Human towns are the most interesting but you saw one, you saw them all.
Golbin settlements are cool because they are full of things to kill and sometimes a demon, necromancer places are just empty and full of corpses to be hacked on your way to hacking the necromancer and reading the tablet.

That's pretty much all of it, Adventurer Mode is more usefull to explore your own abandoned fortresses than to play the actual rogue-like, especially when you have actual roguelikes with a lot more content to them and all you'd be missing would be the hilarious grappling system.

How about a link now?
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
Also that one guy that plays linux will be happy since that version will be up too.
BE SURE TO REMOVE THE 2 STEAM FILES FROM THE WINDOWS VERSION

Stop bitching about DF in rimworld threads you massive cocksucking faggot.

Well there is an event were an AI on the world map requests you come and it will give you a space ship.
Probably just a trap but the game is probably leading to colonizing other planets.

According to the changelog, that's a Victory condition. I'm guessing it's like building the spaceship, only instead of researching and amassin resources, you gotta make a journey that takes…
Fuck me, what the hell?

Cheers user.
The changelog mentions a lot of fixes (I saw a bunch of errors when I played the unstable one).
Hopefully there's no need for an hotfix later.

That is years out.
The biggest update ever was back in 2015, which was the working of world events happening in real time, simulated army and group travels and consistent historical figures being created.

The combination of adventure mode and fort mode is years if not a decade out.

I do the opposite I make heater rooms with vents to make an oven.
As far as prisons go, its a good way to farm human meat and skin if cannibals as you increase chance of raid as factions will try to free their friend.
Also capturing people used to be the only reliable way of recruiting people.

I mostly build into mountains but with infestation event I only do so with my prison most of the time.
Its fun when an infestation breaks out and your 12+ prisoners are trying to escape and dying from insects.

I'm quite excited for Today to announce Magic.
Only going back after he does so.
I kinda hope he makes diferent kinds of magic for reach race. Dwarves get Runes and magic incriptions in items, Elves get Druid shit they suck dick for magic and Humans have the standard magic stuff.
Dark magic and voodoo for goblins and orcs.

Kinda disapointed that the last news I heard about it was "oh no, it's not magic, it's just artifacts that some some weird effects, not really wizards and sorcerers".

That explains so much. Thank god I kill them on sight.

I'm making multiple settlements in that direction with droppods.
You get decent range with full fuel, it may be even longer for me as I did 100% rendered world.

I'm planning to do something quite nastier.
First I gotta find a mod that lets me put animals to sleep. I don't need to tame them, just get them asleep.
Then I send a single guy scouting. He'll aproach the enemy base and load their map for me.
Then, in the middle of the night, the unthinkable happens: 8 elephants from the sky inside droppods. The raiders will come outside, see the elephants and wonder how that happened.
Too bad they're not psykers, or they'd also feel my Scout triggering that gizmo that psychically enrages every animal in the area.
TACTICAL ELEPHANT STRIKES, HERE WE GO

That's pretty good.
Alternatively, you could make 10x10 caverns in mountains crank up the difficulty and get the infestation event.
Knock those out then launch them directly on an enemies base.

Alpha 16 release torrent.
e4d16c5c2ada4db2f89595b2adfdc5a8ea30c2af

Finally got a decent basestartsite, but god damn does construction take forever. I've got too much work for my guys to be spending all their time daddling about, so I've barely got any stone buildings, and my expanded cooler still isn't done. Driving me crazy here.

Oh, and I need to work on my defenses. I have an outer wall leading to a bunch of traps, at least, but that's it for now.
Incidentally, I noticed traders do not give a fuck if traps kill them. Good way to rob traders.

I guess I shouldn't be so upset. She's a decent doc. It's just, she's completely useless otherwise.

Dedicated Research Slave.
With this many research projects (compare to the base game 2 years ago) you'll need one doing Research 24/7.
Also, 11 Mellee? Give her a sword and watch her wreck shit all day.

Goddamn pirates sold me a bear with asthma.
I paid good money for this thing.

Get the mod that allows for animal operations, kill the pirates and put their lungs inside your Bear.

I will say, that does sound pretty damn sweet.
Does it work with the updated version yet?

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24578.0
This is for A15, it shouldn't take long to update, but I think there are others.