Legion already has WoW player numbers before Warlords of Dreanors and its dropping even faster

Legion already has WoW player numbers before Warlords of Dreanors and its dropping even faster

Can you believe, even after everyone saying "don't fall for the 'when in sub freefall break glass' ganservice", some anons were still fucking dumb enough to pay money to play this shit?

As always WoW is continuing to die as mobashit, games like FFXIV and Overwatch and Hearthstone utterly decimate the inexperienced out of college team they hired to replace all the rats jumping this sinking ship.

Is there any other bombing game as enjoyable to watch fail?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Celestalon/status/737196586338418688
warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=-1&factionid=-1&minlevel=20&maxlevel=110&servertypeid=-1
twitter.com/Celestalon/status/809375401545895937
quora.com/How-much-money-has-WoW-generated
youtube.com/watch?v=MeuqvzBlpnY
youtube.com/watch?v=zqOzrut8JeI
youtube.com/watch?v=kGmPfQjCia4
youtube.com/watch?v=xBILsBgdPj4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Which are owned by the same company as WoW
They realize it's dying and they've already started to branch out, not to mention WoW is gonna take years to officially kick the bucket

Reminder that Elysium is out in less than 2 days.

Wrath > Mists > BC > Cataclysm > Legion >> Warlords

Classic not included because it might as well have been an entirely different genre at this point. Otherwise it'd be just above BC, but not by a large margin. If Wrath had the level of polish they started adding to the game during and after Cata, it would've been incredible.

Man you have incredibly shit taste.

kys fam

Are you the 'go home overcucks' guy? are you mad its killing "your game"?

cool

story

bro

make

a

better

thread.

Secret of Evermore?

Wrath has been out for a long ass time. I don't know what kind of "polishing" you're looking for, but perhaps some private server has added it. I mean when I was playing WoW, they had problems with making the vanilla quests work, but by now they most likely fixed them and are adding shit themselves

There was actually a private server in early cataclysm Holla Forums loved a good while back now where it basically took the entire game in a different direction. One example i remember is towns on the mountainside of ironforge between the wetlands with npcs and original quests and the forsaken had taken the wetlands and made it all tirisfal glades-ey. Wish i remembered the name.

Fuck you,OP.

Yes I can.

This retard ruined all classes.

twitter.com/Celestalon/status/737196586338418688

Blizzcucks will eat anything Blizzard throws at them OP.
Its no use, they've been doing this way before Bethesda or Obsidian.

warcraftrealms.com/census.php?serverid=-1&factionid=-1&minlevel=20&maxlevel=110&servertypeid=-1

I did not expect that of all things.

Faaaaaantastic.

ye

twitter.com/Celestalon/status/809375401545895937

looks like he was sent by sony

I don't know how to read twitter, is he just replying to himself?

Yes. I also thought he got fired so maybe hes going into a pitchford tier depression.

Just yiff my game up

oh my fuck. no wonder metzen jumped ship due to mental exhaustion.

just when you think he couldn't get more gay

Glad I dropped WoW years ago

I would have lynched you for that spacing, but then I noticed you picked some Secret of Evermore, so you're forgotten. Just don't do it again you little piece of shit.

Have to wonder where they're going to take the game next. This expansion seems like the trump card to me what with the Ashbringer and other lore weapons for every player, the Tomb of Sargeras, possibly even Sargeras as the end boss of the expansion, the Emerald Dream, Turalyon, etc. Anything beyond this would be a massive asspull even by Blizzard's standards.

They waited too long. Many of the players have died of heart attacks by now.

So, are there any good Wrath servers around?

No king rules forever my dude.

That hair looks so incredibly out of place in the first picture, like it or his whole head was shopped in.

JUST

???

Wow console ports when?

im surprised this frankensteins monster can run on pcs today let alone a console.

Please god, let it end. All of wow was shit.

Are you saying that this was too much corruption for him?

BC was pulled out of thin air but it was great. Lore doesn't matter, I just want the gameplay back.

solid juego

often folks find out their fetish in effect isnt quite what they jerked off too. see almost every 2d 'bbw'fag.

It's funny because FFXIV is available on consoles, can be played with a controller, and yet every class has at least 4-5 times as many buttons to push as any class in WoW. Fuck, even the crafting/gathering classes have more buttons.

Fucking shitters, christ.

Accurate, but nostalgia goggles aside

Wrath > BC > Mists > cata > legion > Warlords

I AM FREED

But it's still not dead. Blizz could chug out 2-3 more expansions and only on the third will people stop buying. Hopefully. It could even go longer.
A fucking endless nightmare of plebs.

MMORPGS

Reminds me of the GW2 devs tweeting about FFXIVv2. Like how cool it is to be playing another online game, while neglecting their own online game. And then they wonder why their own game is failing.

They are both casual garbage.

daily reminder that the vast majority of game development studios are glorified daycare for these kinds of faggots.

truly wonderous times!

Watching the Payday 2 shit a while back was the most fun and enjoyable moment I had watching a game fail. Sadly the game still has a number of a playerbase but I still enjoy watching the drama and the devs fuck up from the sidelines.

It's on life-support, and to give you a small tl:dr on what my normalfag friends with no taste are doing in-game, it's being addicted to a roll-on-dice RNG item bonus shit with "Warforged" to "Titanforged" labels and a chance to get a legendary orange jpeg, only if you play 24/7, they managed to make the steam-rolling daily design by making people addicted on doing them for fucking purple, social aspect of the community is owned by whales and autists, game is not even an MMO anymore.

wew

it's funny how they spend all this time making these arbitrary drop systems when the items have, since TBC at the latest, been nothing but flat stat boosts. you'd think with all that effort there'd be more items with cool and unique effects but no that's too hard to "balance".

With idiots like these in charge, I can see that they would have difficulty balancing shit.

I don't get people going "wow is dying lol", it's a game that has made billions over the the last 12 years.
Love it or hate it you would need to be retarded to think Blizzard is loosing money.

quora.com/How-much-money-has-WoW-generated

Where did I say that? I just don't understand the smug lots of anons have over a 12yo online game losing players.

We want it to die because it's the pillar of th normalization of video games. It's not only currently shit, it's what started the leakage into every other video game and made them shit.

Wow, it somehow sucked even more dick than WoD. I even saw a few people off-site just a few days ago say it turned out to be a great expansion and was thinking about looking into that claim myself, but I guess they were just shilling out of desperation if the playerbase is falling off this hard.

Get why people want it to die but they are blaming the game for what was always going to happen much like many movie buffs blame Jaws for the fall of movies.
Both Jaws and WoW were simply the first to find a formula that is extremely profitable and both have been copied ever since in a effort to replicate that success.
If it wasn't for these releases the same formula would have been found by other titles and the cloning would have still been prevalent in both media formats.

The death of WoW won't turn back time to before the formula and will have no effect on gaming as a whole.

I'm with you on this one.
It seems kinda like if an actor or athlete acquired a shit ton of money and fame, died at 85 in his bed, and someone said "Ha, I knew that faggot couldn't make it"

BC>Wrath any day. There was nothing more tedious and easy mode than the limitless fucking mana everyone had when wrath started going. BC was the shit because you had to min-max your potions usage and deal with mana consumption during hard fights. Its an extra layer of difficulty on top of the current difficulty of the game. BC still had the difficulty curve requiring teamwork and cc as well, on top of that no fucking dungeon finder so the servers were still communities. Fuck wrath and everything it brought.

Its been 13 years man. World of Warcraft is due for death. Its a product of another time, a better time. That era is over.

I'm still waiting for Valve to finally push "That one TF2 update" thats truly going to be the final nail in the coffin for TF2 as well

I thought overwatch was the nail in the coffin for tf2?

get some fucking taste

Vanilla >> TBC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wrath >>>>>>>>> Mists = Cata >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Legion = WoD

I agree about Vanilla, TBC and Wrath but stopped playing there so have no idea about later.

I have a friend that bought me legion, and I dumped my gold into tokens so I could play with him for a few months. I can tell you that I thought Mists and Cata were bottom of the barrel but Legion and Wod are so barren and void of anything meaningful they resemble Madonna and Literally Who's vaingas. You can't even call Legion and Wod games. They feel like the beta stage for a f2p game.

Holy shit I should go to sleep.

Overwatch is big, but it didn't actually kill TF2, TF2 is still alive and just exists alongside Overwatch. Probably because it needs to fill the niche of poorfags who can't afford Overwatch and/or veterans who don't want to let it go like me

Foe me it was the dumbing down of Wrath that made me drop it, as a tank threat management, crowd control and active mitigation were all effectively removed.
I hate to think how much more it's been dumbed down since.

Most of that was because of DKs. Fucking hate that they removed crushing blows and meaningful mitigation stacking. Also hate how block value was removed near the end of Wotlk.

The worst mistake they made in Wotlk was removing unique buffs. Windfury totem was the same as icy talons, Gift of the Wild was the same as BoK etc. Bad idea. At least Wotlk pvp was okay. It was the start of the fall. Arena and flying mounts were terrible enough in TBC but at least that expansion was still decent overall. Such a fucking disappointment with every expansion.

That goes without saying, truly cancerous.

Group finders are optional unlike core mechanic changes, optional changes only effect the game if you use it.

Dubs wasted on a guy who has no idea what he's talking about.

Is it's so obvious explain it to me.
The way I see it is you can still form / join a guild and run with people you know are competent instead of choosing to be grouped with randoms that are more often than not incompetent.
While this general incompetence leads to the dev feeling the need to simplify core mechanics it's the mechanic changes themselves that effect everyone including those that only run in guild groups.

It adds unnecessary convenience to the game which the majority of the userbase will rely upon. It also removes the need for communication which is what makes MMOs work in the first place.

You're both wrong. The game made a turn for the worse and never recovered when a patch came out during BC that nerfed Kael'Thas and introduced welfare epics. That was the exact moment the game developed terminal cancer.

TBC always had welfare epics. The Sunwell badge vendors were not the final nail in the coffin.

I agree it removes the social aspect and that is a major problem for finding new people to play with but for those already in a guild that has solid communication I can't see it really mattering.

Maybe I just have a different point of view because I have always been in medium sized guilds where everyone knows each other but there are enough players on to form an instance group most of the time.

BLIZZARD SHILL THREAD #20005696043646908 THIS TIME ITS DEAD EDITION

SO GUYS LETS TALK ABOUT HOW DEAD WOW IS AGAIN HAHA REMEMBER WRATH LOL! LETS RESUB MAYBE JUST ONCE

Why do you guys keep fucking falling for this? Just dont talk about it

I know you probably heard Holla Forums hates vidya but it's not actually true.

I wonder if it's better fun to watch a game like Payday 2 fail. There's no longing for what was, because the game was never good.

Who would thought that players would quit game that has most RNG and grind of wow expansions yet, when class balance is what it is, whit one flick of patch note you'r 600h game time will be for mediocre class.

I have many fond memories of BC but as much as I liked it there's no denying that it introduced dailies which precipitated the decline of the whole game.

Feral is a relatively difficult spec to play well. But not THAT hard.

Why is it that the Legion Pre-Event was more fun than Legion itself? I spent days farming all the fel recolors of WoD armor with lots of felbats left over and fully upgraded dual warglaives.
So I got to thinking, why did it feel so great, what made me like that damn pre-event more than the actual expansion?

Well, I came to a conclusion. The world felt alive, players mostly HAD to rely on one another. Perhaps not an intentional effect however but it happened nonetheless, you couldn't solo-fag through the majority of the demons in a reasonable amount of time so you join huge groups of people, all full of hyped tards like me chasing each demon down until you reach part 3 with what ever boss appears.

Perhaps the cool factor worked for it as well, you're just an adventurer again. You're not mentioned as the "Best god-damn [INSERT CLASS HERE] to ever walk Azeroth" but as a group of adventurers fighting things 50x your size with forty or so other adventurers. It felt dangerous, it felt like a threat, and it was fun. And another part is that it affected the classic land around you, if you flew too high you'd get shot down. Large towers litter the land, and giant beasts, demons, and mechs stomp through grass and sand. It's kewl.

Then Legion launched, I play horde so I can't say for the alliance intro but as an orc you get pushed into the Broken Shore in a weird cinematic sort of introduction, it feels extremely hand-holdy but that's fine I guess. You do some quests for your class hall then shoop-da-whoop you're the best of your class.

Legion's introduction is shit. It's so fucking shitty, and yet I can barely put a finger on it. Can anyone explain why it's so shitty? I'm trying to think about some reasons yet none come to mind. Anyway, the zones are bland, they don't feel unique rather just old zones we've seen just with an extra coat of paint, i.e. Storheim is Jade Forest including Not-Lorewalker Cho. All the zones feel lifeless, no matter how many treasures I find in admittedly sometimes unique places it feels shitty like an entirely closed off area that has no affect in any other zone.

My last complaints is our position in the game, we're commanders in WoD and one of the best if not THE best [insert class] of our respective class? We were for the first four expansions we were on and off soldiers and full time adventurers. It made sense for people to ask us to gather and collect some items because we were working for them for money, but now.. Now we are the people who those should listen to, so why in the hell do we still have to do collect and be underlings? It's because it's fucking retarded. It's retarded that we were commanders, we should have never gotten any garrisons, we should have not been in the lore.

I'm really tired so if you can't comprehend my slurred rant, I'm just mad at Legion for not being fun enough.

If it's not E.Y.E, Doom, or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. then it's automatically
NOT VIDEO GAMES

eye isnt video games if Holla Forums has any say on the matter

I play Legion because I have 25k achievements and I have invested so much time and effort it is hard to leave

I am slowly leaving the game because Legion has reached the point where it is no different than WoD except it's world quests instead of garrisons, and Mythic+ instead of challenge modes, only difference being the former being grindy

Not unless we meme the whole universe into the fuckin shitcan, and start anew, user.

This actually seems like a reasonable option.

Jesus Christ. So that's why the game turned into something where you only ever need to press one fucking button at a time.

Fuck off, Chriz, you can't fool us.

Dear Lord, is this real life?

Or is this fantasy?

yyyifffffff

they had to add more buttons for the controller UI which is nice but they also gonna do some slight ability crunching come stormblood

Wh… wat?

You couldn't make this shit up.

In fact I just realised it's worse than I thought. He's in charge of class balance even though he's never played WoW (or any MMO for that matter) with a mouse like 99% of players.

oh jesus fuck that is fucking retarded.
how does this person function

yeah i was just about to say. im pretty sure they have him on board on purpose so they can expand their horizon or whatever to include gamer2.0 instead of just entitled pcplebs

I'm liking Legion, it's done many things really nicely so it's been pretty fun.

Problem is, if you play a ton you can finish most everything in a few weeks. Regular problem that comes up with MMOs is showing here, that being a lack of varied end game. Big end game this by now are dungeons with difficulty that ramps up with different effects in play each week that can make some dungeons a bit crazy and not feel like facerolls. But that means less big group events which you can socialize with others during.

For what Legion's done right, it doesn't excuse shit like the 50 layers of RNG, or the hit-and-miss nature of class revamps, or some of the worst balance the game's had in years.

Video games were a mistake.

Not to argue a shit post, but shooting afro sporting gangers, daemons of the NOTWARP and shitty dictatorships as a magic wielding cyborg ninja is perfectly fine.

Just dont respond to faggots bringing up Holla Forums out of nowhere, nothing good comes out of it

I want to fuck that shitposter.

I'm actually impressed that Blizzard managed to stretch an MMO's lifespan and player base through that many expansions to begin with.

You know who else killed Wow? Wyatt Chen. Dumb-ass killed Diablo 3 with broken seasons, shitty limited dungeons, god-awful itemization, and ruining classes, armor sets, and builds he didn't like, making players play by his own rules if they want to have fun. He made a whole new tier of items only rewarded to the biggest attention whores or streamers with the biggest tits. If you weren't a Demon Hunter, you're going to be miserable (Barbs were also immune to Chen until he saw a build prove how bad and outdated D3's engine is. Then he decided to kill Barbs).

This guy thought D3-like Legendaries with ba stats and drop rates in Wow were good ideas.

Actually, some people who were known fanboys are starting to call out Blizzard:

youtube.com/watch?v=MeuqvzBlpnY

youtube.com/watch?v=zqOzrut8JeI

youtube.com/watch?v=kGmPfQjCia4

youtube.com/watch?v=xBILsBgdPj4

Bellular was stoked for Legion, but you can tell he's feeling the same aggravation current wow players are facing with the expansion. He even said the Diablo 3 anniversary dungeon is shit, and can play a better version anytime with installing Diablo 1 and 2.

Even the Sjw-fanboy-shills are having a hard time silencing the complaints and backlash Blizzard got for wasting more time on adding social justice shit like Sylvanas and Fembuster gnomes than fixing classes like Warlocks and DKs and even making legendaries almoast pointless with nerfing them. There's no charm in Legion, and the social interaction is even worse these days thanks to Garrison 2,0 and cross realms.

Blizzcon was an even bigger dud out of SocialJusticeWatch than last year's, and even people felt mixed about Sombra and upcoming shit.

I doubt it. Which is a real shame, it's my favorite Telltale Game. I love it and another season with a different mystery would be great. Make it involve normal people like they originally planned to at first before they changed it.

It can't play old nes games anyway. Slot for cartridge is fake. But hey, if it has protection get it

It's don't

cometh thee not for the grave of Sir Artorias?

Then you're blinded by nostalgia, because GTA 4 had objectively worse missions.

more importantly how fun is that game?

Last I played Tera it was pretty shit, and they were just starting to add an Elin-only (ie. faggot-only) class. Seriously, fuck Elin players, scum of the earth.

fpbp