Daymare: 1998 Gameplay (definitely not resident evil)

First gameplay from the Italian guys who were making that Resi2 remake a couple years ago. Looks like Resi4 in all but name, with a few modern updates such as the ability to walk slowly while aiming, and pop-up icons instead of HUEG BUTTON PROMPTS.

I like the main character's design, personally. It's been a while since I saw a game with a faceless protagonist.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks great. Gunplay looks good. I don't like how you can't see the the laser trail though. Aesthetic wise, I think the zombies look bland, and the cop's clothes look like gimp suit.

I like the look of it so far, but they need to work on making the zombies a little scarier. The animations are a little goofy and the zombies don't look all that morbid. They need to evoke some emotion. In REmake every encounter feels personal and the zombies look and move in a creepy way. If they can nail that down I think they'll be in good shape… also, this might sound bad, but I think they need to do something about headshots. When your main enemy moves that slow that's not really going to be a challenge and instead make zombies more of a chore than fun or scary to fight. Maybe find a way to make their heads sway without looking silly? Something.

They fucked up!

Maybe if the zombies' heads were all hanging by a thread and rattled around a bit as they walked? It might look silly if they bobbleheaded too much, but depending on how the in-universe zombification actually works, it could be a good little detail to make them more macabre and convey a sense of rot.

I'm not much of a /k/omrade, but that did bother me. I can see they definitely want it to be arcadey, but diegetic interfaces get me rock hard, especially when they have a lot of small systems. I think it would add a lot of tension if the character had an option to manually put rounds back into the magazine, and you had to choose between fast reloads which waste some bullets, or methodical ammo conservation. Still wouldn't be completely realistic since IRL nobody would just drop a half-full magazine for no good reason, but it'd be a start.

Would be nice, also instead of throwing the mag away he would keep it and later when you are safe, put some rounds in your empty or half empty mags

The zombies should look and move like they do in Zombi 2. Extremely stiff, slow with a quick burst of speed near their prey, and covered in rotten flesh and dirt.

so like

a regular horse?

yeah, either they need to figure out how to make getting a head shot harder, or make the zombies more aggressive. Survival horror is difficult to balance, and even harder when doing zombies just right. You can't really look at any of the newer zombie related stuff for inspiration, you have to go back and figure out what made them scary before they became cannon fodder to drive a plot forward.

I know America's Army had an ammo system like that, actually, but it was America's Army so who the fuck knows if it was implemented well. They're going to be kickstarting it, so I guess the control scheme will need to support multiple SKUs (PC, PS4, XBone, maybe Switch?), so they may have had to rule out an involved inventory system since console controllers don't handle it very well compared to a keyboard's number pad.

I was going to make a joke about it being the fighter of the night mare, but that made me realize it's probably a play on the word "nightmare," as in a nightmare that takes place during the day. Maybe? It's a weird Italian name, I don't know.

For an early alpha build ot looks pretty impressive.

The construction site/grey walls give me a F.E.A.R. feel.
Looks sluggish and definitely Alpha unfinished, but I'll keep an eye out for this one.

REMOTHERED.

it looks neat and I hope they tighten up the animations. How long before they drop the kikestarter on us though.

Regardless, it'd be sweet to actually get a good third-person horror game a la dead space or RE4

Early 2017, but we don't know anything about it yet.

Between this and Yooka-Laylee (which looks surprisingly good), I hope more independent developers are encouraged to say fuck it and build their own versions of beloved genres/games.

it's shit

Maybe he just pressed the check ammo button then quickly proceeded to press the reload button.

one job

Who approved this silly title ?

Fuck yeah.
Fuck no.

If they fix the issues they have right now it mite b kool.

Italians

When will there be a game with two reloads? One slow where you carefully set aside the used magazine for later and a fast one where you throw it out because you're more interested in getting a fresh one in because something is trying to eat/shoot your face.

The visuals look kinda nice, it's like RE4 gameplay + RE3/RE2 setting.

Is he okay? Looks pretty good tho.

If you hadn't told me I would have thought Capcom had changed their mind and re-done Resident Evil 7

Nevermind

Eh, Shantae was a product of Kickstarter. As long as they don't ask for more than $20,000-$30,000 I think it will avoid the feature creep that plagues most "successful" Kickstarter campaigns.

Feature stretch goals are the worst. The only stretch goals should be the game being released faster because they hired more staff to get it out the door.

It's an alpha, but some issues I have is the character interaction to the world, come on, I want player character to open a door in one hand and readying his pea shooter gun with the other, zombie design needs to be more, I don't know unique, seems like some pre-built Unity asset, still, these guys need to really fucking word their asses off.

Nice gimp suit.

Looks generic as fuck.

Are there any good horror games that take place during the day? That's an honest question.

Literally none of the dreamcast games were pirated.
BAM. Just BTFO of OP

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I listened to Holla Forums about many games and they never steered me wrong. Deus Ex, Killing Floor, Morrowind, Painkiller, all recommended to me and fucking beloved. I was on a perfect streak too until I played this fucking piece of shit.

If you like this game you should honestly kill yourself.

I played Anarchy Online with Holla Forums for a little bit. It was alright.

I thought this was the ps4 we are talking about?

I think you just end up rewinding to day 1 and letting things happen in the bathroom without interfering.

Shitposting aside, I'm glad this game will be made, more qt grills to play as.

It's pathetic to see so many fellow waifu-fags have been poisoned by pol-sjw wars instead of appreciating prime jailbait, sad!

Only if they have movie costumes pack.

my heart because you don't exist

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

I am learning how to make owl hoots

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Holy shit stay delusional poor soul. I wish I was paid money to shit on people like you.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Camarilla also believes in Gehenna, last I checked. They just don't believe (publicly) that the antidiluvians (progenitor vampires) are still alive (which is true for some of them).

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

thanks for sharing

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

HNNNNNNG

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Oh look! Another reaction image to show everyone how absolutely not mad you are.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

What happened with that infamous 72 hours boss? Was that bullshit or what?

Rayman, bit trump runner are in it too.
As trophies…but they're still in it.

What would happen if this game had been released this year?

Would argue about sjw issue?