DCS and Flight Sims

VIGGEN DIET EDITION

Are you hyped for the Viggen? Will we ever form 8 Holla Forums squadron?

What is DCS
A military flight sim made by slavs called "Eagle Dynamics". There's a free version which includes the Su-25T and the TF-51D. If you want other planes you're gonna have to buy the modules.

Do I need a HOTAS for this?
Not necessarily but it's highly recommended that you at least have one flight stick.

I see people use Track IR all the time, do I have to get that as well?
Again, not necessary. If you really want one I'd suggest you go build your own. It's simple and you're be able to configure it to however you want it to be.

What flightstick/HOTAS should I get as a beginner?
The one I usually recommend is the Thrustmaster T.16000 FCS. It's an ambidextrous stick with the same sensors as the HOTAS Warthog. CH products are also known to be very robust and great. Try to stay away from Saitek, ever since their aquisition by MADCATZ the quality has been downhill.

HOW DO I LOCK? HOW DO I FLY? HOW DO I START?
Again, DCS is a flight sim. Before you start flying around you're going to need to get acquainted with your plane. Learn about your planes systems and abilities by doing the tutorials or reading the manual. Watch tutorial videos too. Different modules can be more complicated than others, which brings me to..

Modules
If you want the best bang for your buck, go get the Flaming Cliffs 3 module. It includes the F-15, SU-27, SU-33, SU-25, MiG-29A/S, A-10a. It's also what I'd recommend to new players since it doesn't have clickable cockpits, so if you're planning on just taking off and blowing other people, this is your go to.

>>post your joystick

Bump.

I really should get a joystick one of these days.

gay sex

Been flying the SU-25T lately and trying to dogfight with it. Fucking piece of shit barely has radar. The HUD is slighty tinted making it hard to keep track of enemy planes and it turns like a fucking crippled truck.

Go for it.

Well maybe it's because the SU-25T is not a fighter.

It doesn't have a radar at all, just a radar warning receiver.

Ok, besides DCS and IL-Sturmovik 1946 wich are some other flight sims worth getting? are there any good recent ww1 sims?
I used to play embed related a lot as a kid and the music is spectacular

Awww shit nigger what the fuck you doing

*Lock on enemy plane with shkval*
NOTHING PERSONNEL KID

m-maybe someday

I remember some guys flying the 25 while dogfighting.

jew jew jew jew jew jew jew jew jwe

donkey kong

Wut? But they made Alpha 2 and eventually A2G and those were amazing.

It took me definitely longer than 2 hours, but I fucked around a lot and went in completely blind. Still I remember starting it at noon and it still being daylight when I finished and begin disappointed it was so short.

I do have 19 hours clocked on it because a couple friends of mine beat it on my computer.

Alone. Like everything else I do.

It's actually one of the highlights.

The storytelling in these games beats the shit out of most. Everything is crazy suggestive and juicy and interesting, just don't ask robotic faggots on Holla Forums what they think about it.

Wut? But they made Alpha 2 and eventually A2G and those were amazing.

desu honest Ace Combat is so fucking simple that even a toddler would be able to play it successfully

gg

various knees of justice

git smart