ITT underrated spinoffs

ITT spinoffs of games that you think are underrated

My pick is Batman Arkham Origins

I don't think it's perfect though. It rehashes City a bit too much and was pretty broken until the devs patched it. But honestly I thought it was way better than Arkham Knight.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuchan.net/v/res/6297.html
steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
imgur.com/gallery/ca1be
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Arkham Knight was shit, so that's not saying anything.

I do agree at least Asylum and Origins were good games and the latter gets unexplained hate.

I think a lot of the reasons why are because of how Origins was pretty broken on PC til the devs patched it. And how they recast both Batman and the Joker for it. I remember seeing comments on its trailer saying that they were boycotting the game because of it.

I didn't play it til years later so I didn't notice. I've seen that opinions on the game have shifted since Knight has come out.

That's supposed to be a good thing?

Troy Baker was fucking amazing as Joker, though. The man who made Yuri Lowell so based could actually also fill in Hamill's shoes.

Maybe it was the stigma of having an over world that felt too reminiscent of City and with literally who villains as the meat of the game. Ironically, they actually provided good boss fights and turned out to be a small part of something bigger.

It's mostly a matter of opinion. Personally I like it when sequels change the art style, and I liked how it was done in this game.

I think Origins looks a lot better after Knight because the game by a different studio that was plagued with bugs is a lot more fun than Bat-tlezone.

Only good thing to come out of Knight was the armored Batsuit.

Everything else got shat on in some way.

How bad is the new Batman VR?

It's okay. The lengh is the matter here - it lasts barely 20 minutes. Shit's shoud've been bundled free with PSVR and not sold for $20 imo.

It's only underrated in that it was more of the same painted as nolan shit, while Knight was trying to change things and ended up ruining almost everything. Inevitably, it ended up being okay in comparison.

my pick is check'em

Bloodborne ~ from the D.Souls series.
desuchan.net/v/res/6297.html

when is all the DLC out for DaS III? I'm still waiting to get it until I can play the whole thing.

The Dark Knight, if only that, was a good movie.

Maybe, but if you're going to do batman, you should not try to take it as an influence. It's best left as its own thing.

I think the comparison to Nolan is irrelevant, anyways.

OP should have mentioned more about gameplay tweaks or improvements.

One more pack to go right? It took six months for the first, so I'd assume April next year for DSIII to be finished.

go back to reddit, all of you

Fuck off.

I was honestly surprised how much this game grew on me as I kept playing. It was fucking terrible for the first few hours but really the gameplay improves as you go on. I mean it's still 6/10 at best but I was expecting 3-4/10 so that's fine. And yes I realise it was originally the main game and nuX-com was the spinoff but that's not how it played out.

This game is everything Mass Effect 3 should have been. The only problem i have with combat is that the partner AI is fucking retarded. Solid 7/10 game for me. It held my attention and I had fun.

Bioshock 2 was underrated as fuck. You had legit builds and guarding the little sisters required a good deal of planning and setting traps, you had a good enemy variety and the game remains consistent without shitting itself towards the end, it had big labyrinthine levels with lots of interesting locations, it's like an old school albeit slow paced and more atmospheric FPS. All you had to do was disable the quest arrow and vita chambers and the game is great, having those on by default was fucking retarded, I was especially surprised by how well the game works without a quest arrow.

I was actually pretty pleased with it, I kinda wish they hadn't done the whole "joker is behind everything…again!" deal, but I really hate when series overuse a villain

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of effort they put into letting you play one of three different characters with their own animations and proper voice work for the entire final level. I'd agree on the companion AI, in my opinion the game's combat system should have been more like Brothers in Arms than Mass Effect.

Same, I got it with Xcom. and was surprised to find it was actually pretty fun and managed to make me care about the characters and stuff. Even the pretentious post modernists reveal wasn't too badly done.

i actually enjoyed arkham knight for what it was (except the forced batmobile sequences)

It's mentioned in the OP that the game is mostly just a rehash of Arkham city. And that's because very few gameplay changes were made. The biggest one is once the player racks up a big combo when fighting enemies his gloves start building up static electricity and do more damage.

It was a full priced expansion pack for Arkham City, which was also a good game that's been unfairly shat on because it shifted from a Metroidvania to an Open World.

For the Steam price I paid I was pleasantly surprised at how decent it was to play. Changes are minimal, but the sectioned off maps were an improvement and the focus on actual detectivey snooping were a nice change.

I had fun… untill I fell through the floor in the police station and literally had no way to advance. Haven't touched it since so I still don't know if Troy Baker's Joker is any good.

Still better than Arkham Knight though. I mean I get what they were TRYING to do, but holy shit did it not work.

It would've been good if they didn't:

A lot of times combat comes down to just parrying and dodging, there's simply no time to do anything else.

The game would've looked and played better. The streets are as big and empty as DMC2, and gliding gets so boring because of sparse grapple points. Walking towards a door is like running towards Tiny Huge Island in Mario 64.

It has some good ideas, but it's the most tedious Arkham game. Knight was repetitive, but at least it was fast.

muh dick
I don't know why more games don't do this

Any of that makes Origins an spin-off, faggot. It still retains it's core gameplay. If something, it means they barely changed direction. That's it.

I'm assuming you mean "none"

It was a game made by a different studio that's set more or less outside of the main storyline that Rocksteady was using. The only big similarities are that it reused the same engine and gameplay and had Arkham in the title.

Why does Holla Forums have such mixed opinions on the batman series? I don't think Holla Forums has mixed feelings like this for any other game. You go into one thread and everybody hates batman, you go into another thread and everybody is okay with that game.

I started with city and played my way to knight. As a fan of Nolan's movies I just had to give those games a try and I think they are not bad. Not a big fan of the combat system but then again it could be a lot worse. I would love it if they had more batsuits in the game, especially some like in the movies.

No one shat on Arkham City, everyone jacked off all over it. If anyone was shitting on it they were just pointing out that it's extremely overrated and that its combat system has gotten very tired while companies continue to throw out more games with the same exact system.

Did you skip Asylum? That was my favourite game in the series

Well didn't skip it on purpose. I don't own it on steam and people in the thread said it was okay to skip it. I guess I could pirate it one day and give it a try.

Holla Forums just likes to hate things. Generally Batman gets less hate than other mainstream vidya.

I've always liked the stealth in Batman games the most compared to the combat.

Bare in mind prior to Arkham Asylum hand to hand combat in games was regarded usually as being the most awkward part of the game.

I remember before Arkham Asylum the only game I remember liking hand to hand combat in was Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb.

It's easily the most polished game in the series. And it didn't ruin itself by being pointlessly open world. The setting of the Asylum fit the pace of the game perfectly.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Spin-off only apply when a game change radically it's gameplay. Pokemon GO is an spin-off. Origins retains everything else except the studio and the art-style. And the art-style change is not that different. I recently marathoned Asylum, City and Origins, and calling Origins an spin-off for and slightly change in the art style is retarded when it's almost an exact rehash of City in almkst every way. Origins is a sequel, in fact, not an spin off.

It's really good imo and because it's rather linear it's more focused on villains, pretty much every villain has more screen time/lines than City. Though going back to it after playing City might be awkward because combat and gliding isn't as fluid

I mean this gets into a splitting hairs debate where you start debating what the term spinoff means when it really doesn't matter

I agree, I enjoyed the stealth too and I even did all those crappy challenges like completing one without that detective mode and only doing loud take downs.

I just love how by the end they get so freaking nervous that they shot when they see each other. But I wish they had made it a bit harder and stole some elements from Splinter Cell. I for example think those rooms are way to bright, they should add more shadows and enable hiding in shadows + make you more visible in the open. You can sometimes just walk straight in front of those guys and they don't see you.

Yeah the people who have played it say that it is pretty decent. I guess I will give it a try one day.

And another thing, someone should definitely mod the game to allow beating up harley. I just fell in love with that girl when she is tied up in Arkham City and you get to rip that tape off her face, or how she gets mad when you pick her up and lock her in Arkham Knight.

I don't know, but when I play those games I just want to beat her up and rape her. But in a "friendly" way. If that makes sense.

The AI was mostly made to be blind so that the stealth wouldn't be too slow.

Arkham Stealth is very unlike a lot of other stealth games in that it's meant to be very fast. You're supposed to do lots of actions in very quick succession all without being seen.

The fuck your talking about? It was a spin off of UFO.

It's not complicated. They're mediocre games by all means but they're not necessarily bad ones, they keep an old school beat em up flavor and have nice levels and most importantly, faithfully adapt an autistically popular IP. Even if the combat is extremely shallow and a lot of the level design lazy and assets/bosses re-used, it's a decent enough ride even if you're not a batman fan.

People hate on it because it's autistically overrated. As games, they're entirely mediocre, there shouldn't be any question about it.

You're retarded, OP is clearly using spinoff incorrectly. It's not splitting hairs to point out its failure to follow the most basic definition of the term. It's pretty fucking sad that for underageb& newfags, they're so used to generic cookie cutter sequels that anything that takes a slight departure on the established formula in feel or mechanics comes off as a spinoff and not a sequel.

Spin offs I've enjoyed:

In all honesty I did struggle with the semantics too.
"Does Shadow of Mordor Count as it's not mainline?"
"Do DLC count like BFME II North Expansion?"
etc etc

I got one for you right here
MOTHER FUCKING ROCKET SLIME
Technically rocket slime 2 but fuck that one, it doesn't have tanks.
The ONLY reason to play this is for the real time tank battles where you and three bot controlled assistants versus four bots in a stationary fucking fight, honestly it's more like a fortress-to-fortress battle since the tanks are stationary and you're scurrying around countering their projectiles and looking to bust their health down so you can infiltrate and destroy the tanks heart, but still this is a gameplay I have not seen anywhere else.

Honestly I can't explain it too well, but this game doesn't get enough love and SquareEnix need to stop fucking around and port the 3DS game over here ASAP.

It's easily the best game in the series

This
I didn't mind the combat system, but how many action games then decided to copy it without any changes/improvements. It just got absurd

Yeah, it's a PSP-exclusive sequel to MGS3 made by Kojima Productions' B-team that had only half the budget as the mainline games, but I thought it was a better prequel to Metal Gear 1 than Peace Walker and V.

That statement doesn't make much sense. Most of Knight is forced batmobile sequences.

This is true, it's a shame, because the other stuff in it is quite good. They just made a few really assanine changes that fuck up what could've been the Batman game to end all Batman games.

Graphically the game is really solid, animations are great, combat though simplistic as ever can become quite hectic when the newer enemy types show up. Even the Batmobile is kind of fun as a new gimmick, driving around and slamming into shit, tearing through concrete pillars and decimating cars in your wake is pretty entertaining in short bursts If like the least Batman thing ever.

I also liked the side missions quite a bit, it manages to capture that feeling of Batman out on patrol in the night trying to capture a bunch of villains that I really enjoyed.

The problem is that they fucking shove that goddamn Batmobile down your throat so fucking hard it turns what could otherwise be a pretty entertaining new addition to the formula into the whole fucking game. And the tank fighting is hilariously droll. Also, the only bossfight in the game is done in the Batmobile.

They also fucked the predator sections up by making them too easy and removing all of the neat AI the enemies had.

Origins, for all it's problems and rehashing, at least manages to be much more of the good parts of the Batman games, plus some actually pretty good bossfights. Joker's done well, though it's a shame to have him stealing the spotlight again when the premise of Batman surviving Christmas Eve while taking out a bunch of assassins meant to kill him would've been plenty good.

Because despite being dumbed down a lot for the general audiences, the game actually features a really interesting combo and move system that barely gets used unless you're doing the timed trials.

It's also worth nothing that it is probably the only good tie-in series to something that wasn't born as a game first. It also has a lot of attention to detail and it's filled to the brim with characters and stuff for people that actually like reading batman.

A lot of love and attention has been put in (two and a half) of the games and its only real downside is the casualization because it needs to be a big title.

The only part I liked about the Batmobile was how important it was. Helping solve puzzles and clean up messes that Batman currently can't deal with otherwise. That the caped crusader literally used it to break into certain locked off areas then used it to power things and turn levers with raw horsepower as apart of puzzle solving while strategically getting back in and out of it. It seemed amusing to imagine using a traditional vehicle in that way.

They definitely took that idea way too far, though, when they had an entire segment where Bats has to struggle to get it running again while fighting off Joker's blood's influence. Anyone else feel like that left a bad taste? It was basically the developers saying "Batman absolutely needs his trusty Batmobile we've been forcing you to use the entire game to save the day this time now fix it and get back to all our shit you still need it for''. Like he was fucking dependent entirely on it.

Just decided to install this after reading thread, my computer is pretty fucking powerful so this game must be incredibly unoptimized because I am stuttering like crazy.

PC port is apparently no fucks given or so I heard. Good luck.

Im saying fuck it, maxing everything and playing at an average of 50fps

How close is 50 to 60 visual wise? I'm ridiculously spoiled on 60fps at this point to the point it's a standard for me.

Also forgot to mention; by the fucking gods, that sounds rushed.

Theres a massive difference everything just looks stuttery to me and I pride framerate more over graphical fidelity. Im spoiled by 60 and up so anything below just looks shitty to me

It does to me too. It's like a curse once it sets in.

You're actually better off running one card for rendering and one card for physx with that game, it's that bad.

Pokken is pretty underrated. Some of the best music of any game to come out this year and actually manages to have enough depth for a competive scene despite >nintendo

I agree, using the Batmobile to solve puzzles was, funnily enough, the most fun I had with it as a gameplay element. I guess they were just really fucking proud of it because goddamn, as neat of a gimmick as it was, they built the entire game around the fucking thing.

That scene in particular didn't bother me too terribly much I guess, because within the context of the narrative he does need the Batmobile to get shit done, and it makes for a kind of nice 'oh fuck' moment.

I think missed potential is the perfect descriptor for Arkham Knight. All of these potentially interesting ideas misfired at once to create the weakest Arkham game of the bunch, somehow.

Batmobile is kind of a neat gimmick to use once and a while.

Batman's going up against a new more aggressive, better equipped, and more deadly force than ever before.

Combat's been tweaked and there are more enemy types that require a bit more lateral thinking to take down, turning later battles into less of a button mashing affair.

Arkham Knight could be a brand new interesting character that could be the driving force behind this game.

I don't know how all of these wound up being executed so poorly, but they were.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.
I suppose Mafia 2? It didn't do as good a job though.

It was originally going to be an FPS just called XCOM before fans of the original shat all over the change in genre. The name change, swap to third person and marketing as a spin-off compared to Enemy Unknown were largely a reaction to that anger. Frankly I'd like to have seen what the bureau was going to be originally, this trailer is pretty fucking good and looks to be more than just pre-rendered shit. They were going to have more abstract aliens too and they did recycle them for the final product.

Not to be judgemental of course. I was equally annoyed that they'd just take the name and slap it on an FPS. In hindsight that might have been a bit of a knee-jerk but if they'd been smart enough to announce Enemy Unknown at the same time people wouldn't have got so upset.

speaking of pokken, did any of the DLC come out and how much is it?

This was actually an intentional choice to try and reflect Batman's relative lack of experience. The problem is the combat system doesn't really work that well as anything other than a 'get the highest combo' power trip. Also Asylum's hard mode mixed with city's new game+ enemies would have been better than just buffing the average opponent to annoying levels.

No. That rage was entirely justified.

To be fair the game was a P/R nightmare. I'm surprised people don't remember how shitty the devs were

It caused such a huge shitstorm that Enemy Unknown sold better largely because of that reaction.

I kind of wish the dumbasses that make marketing decisions learned to manipulate fans emotions like that.

As in, that was literally a plan to make the actual XCOM game where all the money was going a success.

Nah I don't think 2K was that savvy. They apparently lost a lot of money because of the bureau xcom declassified

And I'm saying I wish marketers could think like that after we finally kick the retarded e-cultists in charge of PR to the curb.

RE: Operation Raccoon City
The co-op campaign was fun, great characters Four Eyes is cute. The multiplayer had some good ideas but then you end up against japs players and you're fucked
RE fanboys hated the game because it tried to do something different.
I wish they made a second ORC but the studio is gone.

I got 90 fps on my laptop toaster when I played it, it must be the too damn high syndrome.

You're wrong but you've still convinced me.

What is so annoying about them? You hit them 3 times and they are down on the ground, you continue until you have 5 hits and then you can just do that multi ground finish thing and they are down.

I think that kind of gameplay would have been more fun if the enemies weren't that retarded. I am going through these challenges too, and I am not as fast as that guy in the video, but I can also beat levels while hardly hiding at all. It really wouldn't hurt the series if it was a bit harder.

I remember getting a BSOD consistently at one point of the game. Reason? "Fuck knows" according to official forum. Turning off the AA fixed it for me :^)

Bear in mind that it was just after the initial release of the game, the bug just might have been hunted down - who knows.

What?

No. Peace Walker and 5 feel like decent MGS fan games, Portable Ops is literally a bad fan game.

Is it alright if I disagree with your opinion while subtly insulting your intelligence and worth as a person?

How is the first injustice's story mode?

Play modded skyrim

Why don’t you have a seat, Batman?

Ghoul Forest

you care to elaborate each point? What is so bad about Nolan's movies? I certainly prefer the batsuit in Nolan's movies over that spandex suit he has in game. And what is so bad about all the dlc? In the end you can just pirate all of it.

The Dark Knight was in imbd's top 5 for a reason. idk where it is right now, but a very long time it was rated the second best movie. It wasn't perfect, there were aspects of it that I didn't like, but it was overall a very good movie.

One thing I have to give Origins that is both a love/hate thing: they intentionally broke the combat system and switched the detective mode/quickfire buttons from City.
Which was, in a way, completely brilliant, as it made the illusion of playing as a more inexperienced Batman much more convincing.

How do you deal with the paradox of it being a sequel, with even more gadgets and moves and added stuff, while still making Batman feel like he's less badass than his Arkham City self? You fuck up the game's controls so that people who can effortlessly clear an entire room of thugs without being touched in City will get slaughtered by minor encounters in Origins, because counters and dodges don't interrupt and you'll throw a batarang when you meant to silently scout the room.

So on the one hand, it was kind of genius. On the other hand, it's awful.

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

How was darksouls 3? The marketing made it look worse than 2. no bloodbutt for pc

Nolan, pls.

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

Also, keeping allies allive is easy because revive rings constantly and consistently appear.

You two need to go back. I do realize that those who like original Batman don't like Nolan's approach because it is to realistic for them, but for the first time I see people calling Nolan's movies bad on Holla Forums.

i cant believe they didnt bring back that type of fight in knight, deathstroke was the pinnacle of the arkham series combat fights

Why do you gladly waste your life by crying on an imageboard

Like I said: You have to fully release to be sure you've reset with reds too. I should know, I have them. It's impossible to repress faster than a full release and be sure your keystroke registers.

I'm not saying this is beneficial to gaming. I'm saying this is inherent to all mechanical switches, not a problem of blues in particular. Your picture is nice theory, would work with a robot, but doesn't work out in reality.

Here's your (You).
I sure hope you don't take /bane/posting as something that portrays The Dark Knight Rises in a positive light. BRAVO NOLAN
The only one who needs to go back is you.

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/leddit/

Posted wrong webm, but it was pretty much the same shit

are you implying that those two posts there were made by me? What brings you to this conclusion?

The Dark Knight Rises is not my favorite, it was also rated low by imbd, which normally rates shit movies high. The one I like is The Dark Knight, and that movie was pretty damn good. It also had some of it's flaws, but it was still above average.

playing game on easy and then complaining about it being too easy… Play it on hard and try that again. Also he was just fighting common enemies, they are not supposed to be that hard. And by the way:

If you play on hard those guys can start being a pain in the ass too.

Goes to show how full of shit you are. By mid game there's already enemies armed with shield, armor, guns and electric prods that you can't hurt with the basic attack, and you're often faced with large groups of enemies that will tend to attack three at a time, thus breaking your flow.

If you're gonna criticize a game at least stop parading your ignorance around.

Weird. I've seen it a lot, and even if I didn't Nolan movies are shit. Arkham games are realistic of sorts, and they're way better than Nolan's movies. In fact, Origins and Knight modeled Batman after Ben Affleck only to advertise the new movie.

Try to do that in the hardest difficulty, fag. Part of the Arkham challenge is doing things perfect and with variety, not just button mashing. The punishment is losing your combo, not losing your life. Also, as the game progress it gets harder.
But hey, you're complaining about a game that you probably didn't bother to test, so congratulations, you're the cancer.

You're why modern games are so shit.

Are we talking about the Batman trilogy? Batman begins, the dark knight, and the dark knight rises? Did you seriously watch them and dislike them? There are points in all 3 movies that I disliked, I will talk about those later, but overall people always seem to like those movies. Even Holla Forums liked them, and they hate everything.

I wouldn't say that, you are fighting some pretty unrealistic monsters and mutants in those games. Also the characters make less sense. Batman is a rich guy who wants revenge, but what is the motivation off all the other bad guys? What about that firefly guy? Why does he wear that armor? Where did he even found it? In the Nolan movies batman is the only guy in a hero suit because it makes somewhat sense, since he is rich and shit he can afford it. They added cat bitch into tdkr which was imo stupid, but I already said it has some flaws.
Ben Affleck was a shit Batman.
Also your life too. You get enemies with shields and then there are also those guys with those shock stick things. You can't hit them with your X attack. The shield guy needs B A A or something like that and that shock guy was dodge into his direction and then hit him in his back. Then there are armored guys who Need to be stunned first. Then there are people with knifes and firearms.

I jumped straight into the game in hard mod, I don't know if they are easy to beat in medium and easy, but in hard you can't just spam X and win.

Now where the fuck did I say that?

Yes. They're all gritty,to the point that you can barely see anything, Bale's Batman voice sounds like shit, the Joker is the worst Joker that have existed to date along with The Batman animated show Joker and obviously Suicide Squad one, Bane is so bad it became a joke. The only good thing about the trilogy was actually Batman Begins, Ra's al Ghul and Jonathan Crane were spot ons, but the movie itself is gritty and lackluster, not to mention boring, and the portrayal of Batman in the trilogy, specially in Rises, is terrible. Ben Affleck, as lack luster as BvS was, was a way better Batman than Nolan's. Overall, Nolan movies are mediocre at best, and I don't understand how anyone can like them.
Read comics, fucking pleb, even in the games is somewhat explained. It makes as much as sense as Lucius Fox in the Nolan movies.

Most super heroes or villain motives in both comics and games doesn't make sense. Considering that the games don't make Batman's origin too different from the comics, nor the villains origins, pretty much means you're full of shit. And guess what, the same is true for the Nolan Trilogy, and consider that's one of the reason people seem to praise them. Ra's lived for hundred of years, Crane makes a gas that can make people shit themselves out of fear, the beginning of Rises with Bane. Sure, all that is "realistic".
Says the guy that loved Bale's shit one.

You have to be brain dead to lose in an Arkham game, even on the highest difficulty on new game plus. You fuck up,you will probably lose your combo counter, and that's it, but if you fuck up enough to die during the fighting, you should be retarded. I admit you can die by fucking up in the predator encounters more easily, though.

I'm fairly sure all DLC is exclusive to the arcade version, not the Wii U. Maybe in the future though.

I have a shitload of books that I haven't read yet, if I had time for that I would read those first, or learn how to code. I never understood how people could read comics.
How can you dislike christian bale? In the end he at least didn't kill criminals like affleck did.

You almost got me, user. Almost. Nah, I'll bite anyway.
You can pick. There's absolutely no way you can like Nolan Batman if you like Batman comics, and even if you don't the movies are mediocre in plot and action, considering that the plot comes directly from the comics and there's barely action in there. The only good thing about them is the "realism", and I already said why that's bullshit. As for Bale's himself, he was memed so much that other than dubposting, I cannot tolerate him.

I seriously doubt they'll do that. Maybe if they port the game to the Switch, and that's even more doubtful. I think the Arcade was ahitin Japan, but the Wii U version bombed, didn't it?

As I said, there are flaws in the the movies too. I have no idea why he was so depressed that he didn't show himself for years (wasn't it 7 years?), but then again in the games he was also touched by jokers dead, but so was I to be honest. Moving on with his life was imo not a bad thing, the world has changed, there are not that many criminals anymore. And the movies can't go on forever, it was a good place to stop. But it was kinda gay that he chose catwoman. She is not even remotely a good person, just a grown up immature person like all female heroes in movies.
I'd say they were okay for the kind of people he fought. He wasn't facing giant crocodiles like in the games.
It's more fun that way.

That's mostly DC's fault. For whatever reason they want to keep Batman as a human vigilante and little else, despite the whole of Earth being littered with potent alien technology, magic, magical artifacts, human tech from the future, etc.

It ends up making Batman look like a complete asshole, more concerned with his pride, what with being able to compete with the rest of the capes just relying on his human physique and silly gadgets, than doing the best he can with all the resources he can gather.

Then again, this is the same DC that keeps making Batman save Joker over and over again despite it being proven beyond any shadow of a doubt he is an irredeemable monster that will kill each time he escapes.

I would save him too. Let him kill some innocent fuckers, at least he is entertaining.

I've pirated Asylum recently and I have to say I'm fairly impressed. I expected unenjoyable trash with incredibly simplistic combat like with Shadow of Mordor or Assassins creed and got plesently surprised yet. The combat while not the hardest thing ever has some nice things about it, like needing to know when to ground takedown someone and keeping an eye out for animations to counter(I'm playing on hard mode so no bullshit "Bat sense" shows up, and I love that), the stealth while being simplistic is fairly fun and has a nice amount of details like enemies losing their shit when they're the last man standing, and so on. So far the bosses I fought(Bane, the two Titan goons) aren't too impressive but they were kind of fun to no damage. Wish I could turn off the slow motion though.

What's the rest of the series like? And what's this I hear about Rocksteady making a Superman game?
And most importantly, are there unlockable costumes/alternate suits with their own powers in asylum or the other Arkham games?

Also I like that it has the balls to actually expect me to look around for the riddler secrets instead of just pinpointing them on the minimap with the exact floor and locations. Yes the riddler maps exist but I can just opt not to use it by not constantly opening up the map(which I don't because why should I)

They should have stopped with the first one, preventing to bastardize Batman even more.

Batman as a character have a lot of flaws, but he do use alien tech and the such, he just don't use it because "He don't need it".
I actually think that's pretty good. Batman don't kill any of it's enemies because he retain the hope that some day they can be cured, including the Joker, and specially the Joker, it would be his greatest victory, while letting the Joker die before that happen would be his greatest defeat, because he do all that so people can be saved in the most human way.
Read this comic, is pretty neat imgur.com/gallery/ca1be

Boss fights are the worst part of the games. They're more tedious than anything else. Except for Deathstroke in Origin and Mister Freeze in City.
Exactly the same core gameplay with the a lot of stuff added, like more gadgets and variants in both predator encounters and combat. City is the best balanced, while Origins could be way too easy with the electric gloves.
Just DLC. You SHOULD pirate them, they're worth a pirate, at least,specially the animated serie one and the Batman Beyond skin.

The marker on the map, at least in asylum, is still pretty vague. It's more on point with the other games, though.

City goes the open world route and loses the tight pacing of Asylum. It's a sequel that embodies "if it ain't broken, don't fix it". It tweaks the combat, adds a bunch of gadgets, gives the enemies some new stuff both in combat and predator scenarios. They did however go overboard with the collectibles and "riddles", but if you liked Asylum you'll like City. Also, City lets you play as Catwoman too, though she's not as developed a character (in terms of combat) as Batman, lacking many gadgets.

Origins is basically City 1.5. I find it more interesting from a storytelling perspective compared to City that gets very weak towards the end, but in general it's extremely similar, reusing the same map of Gotham, though before it became a gigantic prison. Like that other user said, Gotham covered in snow is pretty comfy. The boss fights are a big letdown however, and this when they hyped up the story premise of Batman being hunted down by a bunch of assassins throughout a single night. Again, if you liked City, you'll like Origins, but I recommend pacing yourself because playing the games one after the other in quick succession will burn you out.

Also, people will say that Origins is buggy, though I haven't really noticed anything gamebreaking, other than an issue with getting crimes to spawn in certain districts so you can complete a sidequest.

Last I heard that was shelved. It's rumored that WB is making a new Arkham game featuring Damian Wayne as well as a Suicide Squad one.

City and Origins are full of costumes, though they're just cosmetic changes. You do get to play as Robin (in the DLC campaign for City) and Nightwing.

Your're right a giant frowning eggplant head is very scary and threatening especially with the black eyeliner

I should have seen that coming… Yes his head is really stupid, you notice it especially very well in the end of TDK after he falls down with harvey.

What I mean is his armor. In the games it's like he is wearing a spandex suite, and his masks is made out of rubber. I prefer the hard armor he has in the movies + the new helmet actually shocks people when they try take it off. In the games you can just pull that shit off his face.

Speaking off, it was kinda shit in the end of AK when he showed his face.

Those black blobs that vaguely turn into shapes reminds me of that new Prey game being made. They are just shadowy black goo that forms into aliens when you get near them.
Both look pretty neat.

I'm one of the few around here that thinks Prey looks pretty neat and even I am disappointed with the aliens. They're all just black blobs of varying sizes.

This is a moot point now since you can buy the game bundled with all of its DLC during a steam sale very cheaply. I remember I got everything with Arkham Origins for 10$ and I really liked all of the additional content.

it's moreso that I actually ended up liking the DLC was what surprised me. Since most dlc for games is garbage.

This is a bit of a strawman since a lot of the later encounters in all of the Arkham games require much more thought to get around. Especially once you play it in NG+ since the counter indicators are turned off. So you really have to pay attention to what enemies you're fighting.

The meta of the game becomes avoiding all damage entirely which requires lots of dodging and using batman's various gadgets.

The story DLC for both City and Origins is pretty neat, though Cold, Cold Heart is the superior of the two. It's kind of surprising how much attention to detail went into it. There's all manner of continuity nods and easter eggs, especially in regards to the DCAU Batman cartoon.

Origins also had a pretty underrated (and unsupported) multiplayer which was pretty fun to play. It was a 3vs3vs2 slugfest (no one played the other mode) where 3 people were members of Joker's gang, three were members of Bane's gang and the remaining two players were Batman and Robin respectively.

The goal of the gangs was to capture and hold control points and kill the enemy gang members to whittle down their supply of reinforcements, while Batman and Robin attempted to fill their "intimidation" meter to end the match (any enemy taken down by the heroes did not lower the reinforcement pool of his respective gang). Halfway through the match the gang that had fewer reinforcements gets a early notice on where the boss spawn point is (the heroes do too) and can rush the location so one of the players can become either Joker or Bane (who are immensely powerful and can take a lot of damage).

The really amazing thing was that all sides had incredibly broken powers, but since everyone had them the game kind of balanced out.

That's what most discussions of Arkahm and Arkham inspired games (like Shadow of Mordor or Mad Max) usually devolves into. Fuckwits parroting that you can simply spam attack and win every fight, either because they've never played the game or given up after the first few fights.

Good to know, thanks. Shame about only cosmetic changes though.
Something that I want to know is that am I supposed to find Harley and Ivy really hot and is Catwoman also as hot?

Not this shit again.

Yes.

About the only good thing Arkham Knight did was finally give Harley her original costume.

Yes.

The Dark Knight was good if only that single movie, faggot.

Unless you're talking about Rises.

Shit, OP. I've been saying Origins was the best Arkham game for years. FOR YEARS. And nobody listened to me.

The Rocksteady ones with all it's "This boss is basically Bane again from Asylum" shit don't hold a candle to it.

I've never found Harley sexy until her resdesign and I've never found Catwoman attractive, period.

Debatable. Deathstroke is one long QTE sequence, Deadshot is a predator section, Shiva is boring and Bane is Bane. I guess the last fight against him is kind of fun since you're sneaking around and he does what Freeze did in City, "learning" from how you took him down and not falling for the same trick again.

Still, the boss fights needed more effort put into them considering how pivotal they are for the plot in general.

Yeah, the classic costume does wonders for her.

I like her, though her chin could use some more work.

Better bossfights because they actually felt like how they should be based on the character it was, and not just Big Ras-Al-Ghul in City, or Bane again, or Big Joker, or any other character they just made Big again. I don't think it's very debatable.

the Bane fight in Origins is more interesting than any of Rocksteady's bane fights, and you forgot copperhead and firefly as well.

In fact, the only fight I can think in any of Rocksteady's games that wasn't just "This dude is big now" was freeze in Arkham City.

In origins, after all that trouble, you just kick the shit out of Joker like he deserves. Which is what you would expect when Batman actually faces the Joker, and not just him being "woah he's big now what you gonna do!"

Yeah, my bad.

Yeah, I liked that part. You finally confront the Joker expecting it to be another boss fight and you realize he's just human and Batman is basically taking him apart. Rather cathartic and makes far more sense compared to City where Batman carries Joker out and the scene makes it out to be a tragedy.

Yeah, I just thought the fights (or in Joker's case lack there-of) fit the bosses better than anything Rocksteady has done. Ivy was "big", or at least out of your reach, and you just dodged stuff. The Ras-Al-Ghul fight I was expecting awesome hand to hand but it's just more of "they're big dodge stuff". Scarecrow - he's big in the center. All of rocksteady fights are just really disappointing in my opinion.

To be fair, I have not played Arkham Knight so I don't know if it gets any better, but based on Asylum and City I would expect more of the same.

I can't even believe how retarded and disappointed they made a bona fide boss battle against Joker without any fancy machines he could use only to not even have him actually use his fucking monster body to satisfyingly brawl with Batman.

Just the caped crusader and the clown prince of crime settling shit for once in an electric cage match with all of Gotham as the audience by punching and kicking each other with some steroids to level the playing field.

This happens every time, except same webm was posted in the previous batman thread. It actually wasn't a batman thread, but someone asked which hero is going to get milked next now that they are done with batman. Nobody felt like talking about that so it turned into a batman thread instead.

Nothing you do means shit, you explain that they are wrong and next thread you do the same shit because everybody forgets it.

about catwoman, I think the animated one looks better.

They're making another Akrham game last I heard, this time featuring Damian Wayne, possibly aping Batman Beyond, so I'm expecting some substantial changes in gameplay and tone considering Damian isn't shy about killing criminals.

I do prefer her Arkham costume. Looking at her DCAU model kind of makes me wish WB had made a cel shaded DLC for one of the Arkham games with XIII styled onomatopoeia whenever you hit someone or something explodes.

Could it be that the evil batman they showed at the end of arkham knight was Damiam then? Or did they release any information about it yet? Like is it going to be a prequel like Origins?
it's not so much the costume, she just looks overall cuter. Her skin is paler, her eyes are bright green, and her face shape looks cuter. I think the original one looks a bit boyish, and I am a person who doesn't mind short hair.

I liked Catwoman's look in City. I also played her more than I did batman in the end, even got all her riddler trophies. Just liked traversing the city with her and shit more I guess.

Is Arkham Knight still busted on PC? I need to get around to playing it and just bought some new hardware so might be able to try it now.

I don't have injustice anymore, so I can't make screenshots of her there, but I am not a fan of her in City.

Idk, she just looks to mexican to me, skin is to dark, lips are to fat, and her hair is weird. She looks weirder in injustice.

I would have to pirate it again, if anyone has injustice installed, can you share some screenshots of catwoman in her "selina kyle" costume?

Well, the Joker shot himself with 3 darts of Titan, that's why he was so ridiculously big. I think it could have been better if he shot one, then 2 and finally 3, or the contrary, which I think could be great
That could have been the best scenario.

This is all I got, mate. Ame-Comi skins are better. Selina Kyle costume was a little lackluster Not to mention that I'm playing on PS3, so it looks a little like shit

You know, sometimes woman with short hair are sexy and fun, but she looks like the bad kind of woman with short hair. The not so fun feminist. The animated one on the other hand is somewhat cute.

Damn, really a shame.

Entire game being about thirty minutes? Unless you foolishly tried to do side missions when clearly much of the map is inaccessible?

How did you hate that?

It's overrated as fuck, Jude Law carries the movie and it only got so much acclaim because he kicked the bucket

10/10.
Origins isn't bad at all either,but not nearly as good, really.

who the hell is Jude Law? Also I am not a expert in movies, but honestly I can't think of better movies right now. All the good movies have some flaws, like the fountain, requiem for a dream, the perfume. All good movies but they could be better. Movies in general are to short to be good. Movies go for like 120 mins or something like that, while books can last for days. You just don't get the same details in them.

I loved the scenes with the ferries for example. The actors in the boat did a really good job. In real life they would probably blow each other up, but that would have ruined the movie.

>Arkham Asylum is the only great super hero game fuck Spider Man 2

Arkham Knight just cut bosses out entirely. Every confrontation involves a cutscene or a tank battle, that's it.

Making short hair look sexy depends entirely on how wild or spread out it is.

While cropped is just inarguably shit.

That's a meme from the LOTR game with same style. But even then was shown he had a character full max out and was fighting easy boss and shit NPC, but retards still thinks that's gods wort on earth, and shit on he genre

Wasnt the first one that game about spartans?
IIRC you could completely finish the game start to the end with a single button.

My computer is mid-tier and I don't remember ever getting any frame drops ever. I bet you have AMD, you dirty fucking peasant.

Ayy shit. Valve is trying to steal my money, they put all batman games on sale.