Call of Duty

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Update Introduces Microtransactions

go shill your vids somewhere else

Oh fuck, it's true though. And it's absolutely fucking disgusting. This is some Payday 2 level cringe.

Why? Why are they trying to shove this into CoD now? How long until we get shit like Battlefield 4's "Battlepacks" or Valve-tier cases.

I don't get it, didn't people pay like $60 for a full game, why do they need to include a monetization feature that is normally reserved for F2P -oh wait the greed of AAA

It's just "the next big thing" like modern military shooters were. Randomized loot crates and cosmetics for $0.99 a pop. And they know there are plenty of goys who buy it without a second thought. My friend keeps on buying overwatch crates even though I tell him not to, and that it only encourages shitty business practices like this, but he doesn't care and evidently neither does anyone else.

Nobody minded when Valve or Blizzard or anyone else did it. Plus, its basically replacing Season Passes I think since nobody seems to take the bait for it.

The Xbone failed but I give it 10 to 15 years before Sony or another company announces an always Online console and people eat that shit up, including people who are reading this right now.

Almost forgot about that one
Yeah, adding in slighly modified 10 year old maps sure takes effort and money.

in fairness they do have to hire artists to design all those textures

Or they could have just never hired the artists and not introduced microtransaction bullshit to a full-price game
Get ye gone, shill.

I really wonder if anyone buys season passes, or "deluxe" versions of games.

This

They do
Most are dumb normalfags though
Season passes seem to have been selling pretty badly recently though.
Some people are smartening up to it, so publishers are trying to find another way to kike.

CoD has had microtransactions since Black Ops II at the very least.

Were the extra things you need to buy in the remaster already available in the original?

are those christmas wraps so you can gift other player a festival bullet between the eyes?

I have a friend who does the same shit. Blizzard has got a goldmine when they do their limited time holiday event skins because people keep falling for the "limited time!" and buying crates. A friend of mine was dumb enough to buy a bunch of crates as soon as the halloween event started only to not get what he wanted out of them. Not only that he did it right at the start of the event when he still had nearly a whole month to get them from playing normally. He's usually a smart guy but he always seems to fall for the most obvious marketing.

It doesn't cost that much for me to design these.

We should calculate how much consoletards pay just to play the game
360$ including the console for a game that will probably have dlc packs outside of the season pass if history is to repeat itself and 1 month of xbox live or you're otherwise locked out of multiplayer.
460$ if you don't get the console on a sale and pay for 10 months of xbawks live
And then there's how it comes with a 500GB hard drive, 138GB of which is occupied or reserved by the operating system, how the whole thing is useless for anything other than games and any other game will be another 100$ fee. Don't forget that with today's file sizes once you get 3, or if you're lucky 4 games installed you already need a new hard drive. And the FUCKING MICROTRANSACTIONS
The ps4 is better but it's still the same deal

Just a reminder that in the PC version of CoD4 you got maps for free as part of the regular updates whereas consoles had to pay for map packs. PC CoD4 also had a server browser and private server hosting and consoles had peer-to-peer matchmaking, only thing the PC version didn't have was prestiging but who gives a shit about that. They threw all of that away with MW2 and subsequently made it ok that PC is also now chained the fuck down with DLC and matchmaking which are both inferior solutions and just make for a much worse experience for the player.

WEAPON SKINS WEAPON SKINS WEAPON SKINS

i miss csgo before the skins

Activision yes!

the purge can't come soon enough