Emulation thread

what are you emulating?
Do you use front ends? if yes, what front end do you use?
niche game worth to emulate?
vita emulation when?

Other urls found in this thread:

itrunsdoom.tumblr.com/post/154460983238/have-you-ever-talked-about-libretro-retroarch-or
emulation.gametechwiki.com/
wololo.net/emulators-for-the-psp-ps-vita-the-ultimate-download-list
wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Super_Mario_Sunshine
forum.fobby.net/index.php?t=msg&goto=4547&
github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/Dumping-Game-Cartridges
nichegamer.com/2015/05/22/the-final-fantasy-vii-fan-re-translation-is-finally-available-just-beacause/
romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,19709.0.html
twitter.com/Koolboyman/status/811456505727717376
archive.is/20eoT
wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Tales_of_the_Abyss
patreon.com/cemu
github.com/q-gears/q-gears
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1sugCZh1a3ZWFpBNlo2TG5VRjQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Saga 2 for the DS, but i get a bug where "Mask" won't attack even after he gts his equipment back…

itrunsdoom.tumblr.com/post/154460983238/have-you-ever-talked-about-libretro-retroarch-or

Recently played through Super Mario 3d World on Cemu.
Never owned a Wii u, but I found the game to be fun.

Why the fuck does every link on emu wiki point to crimson rain? Is it all some kind of shill operation?

it's possible.

Daily reminder that there are anons here possibly in this very thread that genuinely find Retroarch too difficult to use.

i don't care if retroarch has a fucked up ui, it's just one more backbone for my front end.

it's not hard to use, it's hard to configure, because there is a shitton of stuff that doesn't make any sense for anyone who's not a programmer

I'm genuinely curious, how does that game emulate? As for the game itself, it is fun but I dunno. Something with it just couldn't click with me, I'll probably give it another chance one of these days

anyone got any infographs for emulation?

You mean on
emulation.gametechwiki.com/
?
Crimson Rain is emuCR, they spend their time uploading untested builds on filelocker while shoving as much ads as they can everywhere, wouldn't surprise me if they tried to shill their crap elsewhere.

Emulates well, the bloom is incorrect (too strong) and there's a few wrong effects but nothing gamebreaking.

Enjoying MK8 like a nigger enjoys watermelon.

CEMU is still very glitchy but doing leaps of progress

MK8 is just a wonderful fucking game. Gorgeous, comfy, and satisfying to play, but also really challenging if you want it to be.

Also, doing sweet tricks as Roy is one of those simple pleasures you don't find in most games.

What can one do to get Dolphin and PCSX2 to render games in high definition?

I'm emulating nothing because Citra is still dogshit with a fucking stupid file system and mandatory unfindable file dumps to run anything

Reminder that citra devs are stockpilling donations and doing nothing useful with them
Reminder that scenefags are withholding necessary stuff for rom decryption without the original hardware
Reminder that you're a retard for trying to use citra to pirate shit because it's clearly stated multiple times that it's not ready for general use and it's not meant as a piracy tool to begin with
Reminder that even if you could run whatever game you're trying to play it would run like shit regardless of your PC and most likely not be finisheable because citra is still early in development

Playing Alundra using Mednafen, I want to use the analog sticks, it's not working I'm guessing the game itself doesn't support analog sticks and came out before the controller was made?

Enjoy your subpar experience faggot.

At least use a Lancer on your art.

Google is your friend

increase the internal resolution

I did.

Emulating a wii virtual console is actually more accurate than the N64 at times. The N64 is just such a weird system with lack of enough documentation. I believe most of the problems are due to emulating it's GPU
The biggest worry about emulation is not necessarily the specs of the system - although it does play a role, but rather how much documentation you have in-front of you.

I was referring to the gen as a whole, but yeah N64 emulation is shit. You´re better off just getting a flashcart honestly.

It broke my heart hearing audio glitches on ridge racer type 4

Keep in mind my PC isn't the most powerful of things.
To me the game was pretty stable aside from a few, sparse parts were it either chugged or the game stopped for a second or two. Other than that, it was alright performance wise.

toasterfriends need not apply.

just remap the digi to the analog

what?

What did you expect from software emulation on a low power device such as a VITA, it's gonna be shit especially compared to a console that has at the very least partial hardware compatibility..

Fucking smart as shit, would have never thought of that. Gonna try it, thanks.

How's 3ds emulation? Can I do animal crossing yet?

Emulating Tales of the Abyss. Everything works just fine except for one problem. When I exit the battle results screen too quickly, the game locks up.

Anyone?

What is the best emulator Mega Drive?

I too, would like some supremely autistic infographs.

In order
Genesis plus GX
Kega
Regen
Gens
Picodrive
Blastem
Exodus

Just a friendly reminder that emulation is not as good a solution than original hardware, yes, even for very old consoles, the original hardware will always be better! There are a few perks to emulation, but with those perks come significant drawbacks. The best way to play these games is on the original hardware, and with a good display to get the best quality out of them!

It's cheaper, more accessible, and many games can look better with it. depending on the system, it may or may not be a better solution. This is a retarded generalization.

Emulating IZJS. It actually looks really nice but the gameplay is getting to me. I don't think I'd even bother with the hunts without the fast forward button and gambits.

something being cheap isn't a good excuse. Gaming is never cheap, and if you want a good experience with a platform, the best way to do it is with the original hardware and a back up loading solution.

Does anyone know the best emulators available on the psp?

don't bite the bait. he needs some place where he can shill his scalping prices.

You realise that the VITA has more power than a PSP, right?

Google
wololo.net/emulators-for-the-psp-ps-vita-the-ultimate-download-list

And you do realize PS1 emulation on PSP is not even software emulated right?

Genesis best, or Exodus?

how is anyone being scalped when I'm suggesting back up loading? You do know what that is, right?

Yes but you don't seem to realize that not only is RA on VITA pure software emulation as opposed to the PSX BC on PSP and on top of that the PSX emulator in RA isn't meant to target devices that underpowered nor is it particularly optimized to begin with compared to what SONY could do.

Genesis best, only issue with it is that it doesn't do 32x

Doesn't the Vita have PSP compat?

Exodus is that bad?

I concede that I didn't know that the VITA runs pure software emulation.

Why haven't people made sourceports of N64 games that takes data from the ROM and runs it in a new engine?
Imagine, 60FPS Ocarina of Time with better mod support and an orbiting camera.
All they'd have to do to not get C&D is just make it an engine, same as OpenMW.

I'll just open my content_history.lpl for RetroArch & look. It's mostly Playstation games.

Emulated Spyro Year of the Dragon on Mednafen PSX HW core.
Beat the game & got everything except all the skill points.

Emulated Super Ghouls'n Ghosts on Snes9X Next core.
I never played it to the end before. I got to the end & some cunt told me I need a Goddess Bracelet then sent me back to the very first level.

Emulated Donkey Kong 64 on GLupeN64 OpenGL core.
Got everything 101%. Really didn't seem like a DKC game, felt more like Banjo Kazooie.

Emulated Disney's Toy Story 2 - Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue on Mednafen PSX HW core.
Really good game. Fun platforming. Neat levels.

Emulated Spyro 2 Riptos Rage on Mednafen PSX HW core.
Got everything in this one.

Emulated Croc - Legend of the Gobbos on Mednafen PSX HW core.
I didn't finish this one. The way he controls is kinda weird.

Emulated Brave Fencer Musashi on Mednafen PSX HW core.
Pretty neat game. Cool fights. I like how the main character is an anime kid-with-attitude stereotype & that guys John sounds like Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop.

Emulated Tomba! 2 - The Evil Swine Returns on Mednafen PSX HW core.
Did everything, even the extra content that you need a Tomba! 1 save to enable. Really fun, but awfully damn floaty.

Emulated Tomba! on Mednafen PSX HW core.
I actually like this one better than 2. The 2.5D works better; it doesn't even need to explain where the foreground–to-background transitions are.

Emulated Super Mario Bros. 2 FCEUmm core.
This is the best Mario game. My opinion is the correct one. Don't give me that "but it's just a Doki Doki Panic clone!" shit. You can't even run in DDP, it lacks animations & some of it is actually easier.

It's good for what it runs but it's a waste of power

It does but I don't have the slightest clue on how it achieves it, the MIPS CPU in the PSP could run some stuff from PS1 natively for example but the VITA is ARM so it's either emulation or virtualization (most likely virtualization), either way it's pretty impressive.

Doing that for a single game would take just as long as making an emulator for the whole console, sourceport are no joke to make, even the guy behind the EX FPS ports took years and that's with engine that are in use on PC and well documented.

Surprised the MD doesn't have a cycle accurate emulator yet. SNES and NES are there.

Any more cycle accurate?

Actually, while MIPS is mentioned, isn't that the only reason the PSP could achieve N64 emulation?

Because MD/Gen doesn't really need it, GPGX runs everything on the system and just has issues with a few scene demos and it's not cycle accurate, even Gens or picodrive which really aren't anywhere close to accurate run a very large portion of the system library without much issues,
No system really requires it but having good/perfect compatibility with low accuracy increases the complexity of making an emulator exponentially and that complexity increases even more when the system does weird things.like the SNES/N64/Saturn etc.

MAME
:^)

> isn't that the only reason the PSP could achieve N64 emulation?
Pretty much

Bump.

Is this some gay hipster term for a GUI?

Some people use it interchangeably with launcher, in practice a frontend is what is in charge of feeding user input to the backend and what the backend outputs to the user.

Oh wow, True Lies on the genesis is surpisingly fun for a top down shooter based on a movie license, I expected worse like Wild Woody.

What is a good and simple "front-end" that I can use to organize all my games? I really like the simplicity of D-Fend Reloaded but even though it let me put in non DOS games it still has the bias of being a "front-end" for DOS games.

Easy: launchbox

Complicated: rocketlauncher + hyperspin

Is there anyway I can make launchbox look like an older windows program like D-Fend? All of the customization features seem to be hidden behind a paywall.

Frontend is a subset of GUI.

what is the current state of cemu? Is it worth trying it yet?

still got cemu_1.5.3 lying around here, and I remember it not really useable yet.

It plays a handful of game very close to what the hardware does (provided you don't have a toaster).

Launchbox is drm free, ask in the share thread for the full version.

Does the audio emulation lack bass frequencies or is that just the recording?

Probably just the recording.

Super Mario Sunshine. Emulation is shit and broken. But hey, at least I have 60fps and 1080p before it crashes every 5 minutes. And goo doesn't work well, so it's easier so that's obviously better, right?

Use OpenGL instead of DirectX

That's complicated as dicks

increase internal resolution fatso

Probably your graphics card driver is causing the crashes or the version of Dolphin that you using is causing the crashes. Use Dolphin 5.0 or nightly builds.

So has anyone used Launchbox with SSF?

wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Super_Mario_Sunshine

Stopped the crashes, but the goo is not working properly yet.
Also, Kamen Rider games is all good.

thats the saturn emu? use mednafen for saturn emulation, way better and you can easily use the build in command line from launchbox.

yep, is the saturn emu but people still dont know that mednafen already is doing a better job.

Can it run Super Tempo now?

forum.fobby.net/index.php?t=msg&goto=4547&

ah so mednafen isn't the be all end all of Saturn emulation yet.

How do I dump a physical cartridge for Citra?

Normally I'd just DL the game, but it's an obscure Nipponese only game.

github.com/citra-emu/citra/wiki/Dumping-Game-Cartridges

I'm always emulating GBA, generation after generation, it's the only console worth emulating.

Guess I'll have to put the old homebrew menu payload back on instead of instantly going to hax for a bit.

And SNES.

Can't use it due to being on intel atom baytrail, so SSF is the only option for me.

Mednafen is great but don't have the specs for it.

Emulating BoF V: DQ. Everything works at 140% speed, but enemies take forever to choose an action. Sometimes I think the game has locked up. It might be locked up now.

I guess if you have a toaster, but there are other console platforms that I had more fun with, like the DS, PS1, PSP, and Genesis.

The second duke archer in the very first danger room never attacks, every time.

Fucking shit.

software mode works fine. I just hate it when everything is so damn blurry.

bump

original hardware doesn't have this issue

Yeah, it just automatically looks bad and works instead of making me change a setting to make it look bad and work.

only if you use composite

What's the best Nintendo DS emulator for Android?
PSP's is PPSSPP, right?

Do you guys want the charts that list games for each console or do you want charts that tell you which emulator to use?

I really want to get into CEMU, but for some reason my gut tells me to wait. My comp is just about good enough to emulate most games from most systems, but something about emulating the WiiU itself sounds a little out of my league, even if it wasn't really very powerful.

Worse yet, I'm kind of iffy on the sources I've seen for getting the games themselves, it doesn't feel like there are enough users actually trying things out to make it feel worth the risk. My need to at least try MK8 and Xenoblade at least once is killing me.

Do not play XCX with CEMU, don't…

Is it an emulation issue, or are you trying to save me from Treehouse?

Got a replacement emu tablet coming in if anybody can recommend some SNES/PS1 stuff. I've got a solid collection for the other stuff I'll be playing, but my PS1/SNES collections aren't great right now. I've got Spyro 1-3, Tekken 3, and Crash 1-3 for PS1. I think I have Einhander kicking around somewhere too. Sticks on the thing I'll be playing on don't click in like the dualshock's, though.

Any advice for low-end PC users trying to get PCSX2 to work for them?

If you need to know what I'm trying to run, let's say Shadow Hearts.

Precisely, that I wanna be able to run the game smoothly outside of battle.

See the bottom of all these graphics. I'm pretty sure I've seen some more in depth info graphics on which emulators to use that detail pros & cons and where to get them. If I ever see them again I'll save them.

cont.

cont.

Ye-

No.

An action game with mechanics from God Hand but with more wrestling moves.
You beat the shit out of bouncers and club owners while trying to promote your own strip club managed by a flat-chested succubus.

Your reasoning for doing so is a little stupid but you dodged a bullet in the long run. DnD a shit.

It wasn't the fanbase attempting to affect my feelings toward it.

roadhog isn't even OP you bronze shitter

You can learn all the right choices to pick. Doesn't matter. Randomness can still beat you.

I get what you mean, I had the same revelation though it was with the release of Demon's Souls instead.

bump

Aw yiss, time for Ape Escape 2.

what are some worth fan-translation to emulate? Looking for some re-translation of nintendo games, or everything these treehouse LOC sjw had their fingers in.

I know that one of the treehouse LOC also translated FF7 and FF8, i already got a re-translation of FF8 without the 'what ever' meme. Now looking forward to get the new re-translation of FF7 but it seems a pain int he ass to patch it.
nichegamer.com/2015/05/22/the-final-fantasy-vii-fan-re-translation-is-finally-available-just-beacause/

anyone know a link with a pre-patched FF7

take a look here, maybe you fiond something
romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,19709.0.html

this is the re-loc for the psx version. Patching the pc version might be easier.

Does someone have one of these for DS games?

Emulating DS games on android is pretty shitty. Upscaling the screen makes everything look like shit, more specifically AAI, and filters only make it worst. I though I could give it a try considering that Ace Attorney games are playable by just hitting the touch screen, but man, was I wrong.

You don't get it. I see the normal goo, but not the marks left by the shadow mario. That was the only problem, and makes the shadow mario chases way too easy.

A bunch of PSP games I've never played before.
I expected Initial D Street Stage to be like the PS2 version in drifting, but it's not and I don't know if my shitty AMD cpu can handle PCSX2

I wasn't aware this was a thing. I used to emulate the SNES version with the fan translation patch on zsnes :^) back in the day. Besides that and Chrono Trigger, are there any other RPG ports/remasters where the DS version is the best one?

Super Mario Galaxy 2 on Ishiiruka Dolphin

Pokemon Heart Gold on a different version of DeSmuME

Pokemon Emerald on mGBA

Shiren the wanderer

Why are you bothering with emulating shitty Street Stage instead of just directly emulating arcade stage 3

Is skygunner gud?

Playing FF3 DS. Its probably the only ds game ive seen that only uses 1 screen.

I decided to give Pandora's Tower another go. I've really enjoyed it thus far. I had to watch a video on how to do the Arcadian Tower though because of that one rose in the room with the flower bombs. All-in-all, good stuff. I wish there were more games like it. I look forward to understanding what those red rooms are for.

I'm a noob to wii emulation? can the mouse be used like a wii mote or is that not possible?

Is it possible to play ps1 games on android? More specifically on a moto g3

Sure. There's ePSXe and FPse. None of them are free, unless you know where to look

not without amazing levels of lag. just get a wii mote and some candles if you're poor.

Hey friends, I'm trying to get Chrono Cross to run well, and I've looked all over the place and cannot, for the life of me, find a resolution to my problem.

I'm using epsxe 2.0.5
Pete's PSX OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
SCPH1001.Bin

What I'm finding is that when I play, the 3d stuff looks great, but the prerendered backgrounds are just broken. They are stretched to fit the widescreen, but the pathing doesn't match, so I'm often running on nothing and doors don't line up, so I cannot progress.

I've been told through google searching to "turn off widescreen." but I am looking at these settings and everything that seems to do that doesn't seem to work. Any advice?

Right here, user

Oh shit, I never thought to look at the options there. I was always looking at the config! I forgot all about that, thanks!

No problem. Glad to help

wew

what a fucking faggot.

Overall i notice some weird faggotry behavior from the emuDev scene. First the gatekeeper-ism of nexciaXlive dev's; we wouldn't never seen nescia if it wasn't leaked. Than the infight shilling of all these Competing emubuilds and now, again, a faggot who is way to deep in the ass of moneymilking anti-consumer publisher and a ideology of muh-dont-pirate-current-gen.

fuck the scene.

The main part of open source ia that if something annoys you, you can legally fork it as you please. So someone can start a fork that is up to date and keeps XBLA support.

t. anime fan sub groups

That's the worst part about Citra
To play games on it you must have a CFW'd 3DS already perfectly capable of playing and piriting games.

I'd love to see someone leak more emulator builds, rage-induced autistic retards are fun to watch.

this!

the faggots in the scene need a good shake.

Thank

Is PSX emulation any good, and if so, where can I find a good emulator? I've been meaning to beat some older games but never do since I lack saves after a long day's play.

Mednafen PSX runs pretty well. No cheats though.

any good DS emulator ? best i could get so far is Desmemu

That's the only one worth using. It'd be way better if the dev is less autistic but us beggars can't be choosers.

How do I configure Mednafen for Grafx? I go to "core options" and its blank.

Desmume for PC and Drastic for Android

You need to load a game and then open the config menu. Retroarch is shit like that.

It can be but not for Wii motion plus titles.

The fug you mean by lag? The input latency of using a Wii mote is worse than just emulating it using a mouse.

There is no God

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE TORRENTS

Seriously, I can't find a damned place where you can torrent the old PS2 ISOs instead of having to Direct Download the fucking thing. I've used a torrent search engine for it and nothing. Places like emuparadise and coolroms only provide direct download.

Where can I even get these ISO through torrenting? DDL is so unreliable. Connection timed out? YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO START OVER. Not to mention how fucking slow it is.

sorry needed to vent. I just want to play vidya

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8517b29d393c291aa331e9f479b3767321b200ed&dn=My%20Sony%20PlayStation%202%20(USA)%20Collection&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce
merry Christmas user

Holy shit. Wow, thanks a lot user. Where did you even find this?

Some guy put it in the share thread a long while back.
i'm gonna get a new harddrive to download the whole thing

There's only 9 seeds unfortunately.

Butthurt warez kiddies getting denied is equally as entertaining

Denied what, salt?

How the everloving fuck do I get this thing to run? I can't find the PSX BIOS files doe it.

*for

For those looking to emulate romhacks, you'd better start backing them up, since Jewtendo is hellbent on killing off its goodwill with its fans.

twitter.com/Koolboyman/status/811456505727717376
archive.is/20eoT

Mednafen is great, albeit tricky to set up in some cases.

ePSXe isn't the best, but it's easy to set up and gets the job done adequately.

Some people swear by PCSX-R, but in my experience it's a nightmare to set up and a waste of time for something only superficially better than ePSXe imo. I've heard the Linux version is better but I can't be fucked to try it.

Xebra is an interesting emulator especially for 2D games, but less-ideal for general use.

PCSX2 apparently does PS1 emulation now, though it's not accurate and I really don't see the point.

pSXfin, Connectix, and Bleem are fun curiosities for old toasters, but don't expect even remotely good compatibility or accuracy.

Not to mention PCSX-R is buggy-as-fuck compared to ePSXe and even Mednafen.

You have to find a very specific BIOS file. Check the emulation wiki.

fuckin wot

A lot of people blame difficult hardware as being the culprit of slow emulation development, but I think scenefaggotry like this is the biggest roadblock of all.

If it wasn't for all the condescension, greed, and egomania of developers we'd probably have perfectly acceptable Xbox 360 and 3DS emulation by now.

PGXP is so rough around the edges and hard to work with that it's not worth the effort. It's a pain in the ass because you have to hunt down different plugins that barely work either because they're no-longer in-development. It's a busted-up, hacked-together junker of an emulator and you might as-well just use Mednafen if you want accurate PS1 emulation.

ePSXe's developers might be lazy arseholes and shills, but at-least their emulator just works. PCSX-R/PGXP is a buggy-ass experiment that probably won't be useful for at-least a few more years.

Wrong, the Virtual Console Emulator is ass. It's missing a ton of effects although it's still better than Project 64 or Mupen.

The best emulator that runs well (other than CEN64, that runs poorly) is RetroArch's Parallel and Glupe64 emulators. They work a lot better than Virtual Console.

I can see the benefit of PGXP, and I appreciate what the developers are trying to accomplish, but it's a WIP and it really shows. I just don't get how everyone praises it so much in its current state.

I liked Tomba 1 a lot but I gotta say that some parts like the unfinished flooded ninja village and the Windy Valley platforming wasn't quite as good. Plus you can farm AP which is weird. I gotta say, the Tomba games have everything I could want in a game.

This game here is really good too. It has it's problems but beautiful visuals and top-notch physics make it one of the best racing games on the PS1 for sure.

It's not difficult to use, it's tedious. The menu design is literally sub-zSNES tier.

Aww shit nigga, I remember this was one of the first PSX games I ever got and I loved it.

SNES
Idea no Hi

PS1
Summon Night
Summon Night 2
Black/Matrix Cross

Like pottery

He intentionally took it away.

Reminds me of that developer who sabotages his own and other people's projects so that people can't play shit Pokemon on local wifi. What a sperg, lol.

And you can put it back in in seconds, not his problem you can't do it (you can also just use an old build not like the project is seeing much progress anyway), Xenia is meant as a dev tool primarily so obviously he doesn't really give a fuck if little user can't pirate x360 games on his computer and if that can avoid him extra effort dealing with shitty "it's breaked"-tier bug reports I agree with his position.

You're missing part of the story, but yeah Zeromus is a fuckhead.
Still rustled the fuck out of poketards though so he's not all bad.

I have plenty of shit in my backlog already, autists can be cucks for companies that will never hire them or wax their egos for their worthless existence for companies that want them dead, no skin off my back.

Looks like someone is buttblasted about someone not wanting to work hard and take risks so that someone else can pirate vidya and act like a cunt when it doesn't always work perfectly.
Why don't you go buy yourself a modded x360 if you want to play games from it so badly?

You're projecting badly now just because I expressed a viewpoint of apathy. No really, I find laughing at autists funnier than the chance of shitty video games.

The more you talk the more you seem like an enduser who that got flustered because some random dev didn't give you what you wanted.

That's your prerogative, I prefer enduser salt.

I mentioned it like once, stop blaming other people for being a raging retard.

Just completed mp4 related on Desmume. I am kind of surprised how many graphical glitches it has.

Which version of the emulator are you using?

Tales games (and Ar Tonelico) are know to have problem in more recent builds, try older build like the ones claiming it works perfectly in the wiki (it generally doesn't but at-least it's not gonna crash on you, probably)
wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Tales_of_the_Abyss

So which dev was it that hurt your fee-fees?

I did that, but all the BIOS files I find are 7001 shit that doesn't work with it.

Why are you butthurt? Did I trigger you by having an opinion?

Frontpage of the wiki has a link for BIOSes, there's pack for Retroarch that has the correct and correctly named BIOSes for mednafen, and there's probably also a link for a spearate pack just for mednafen.

Did I trigger you by telling you you have a shit opinion?

xbox classic emulation looks very good. All it needs now is a little bit more work. Games do not really run well but they already start up. maybe with the next few builds we get to a playable state.

Not to break your optimism but here's the basic situation
XQEMU is years away from being remotely playable, and that's provided the two main devs go at it fulltime
CXBX-reloaded probably won't ever play much (JSRF is likely to be among the few that it does play though)

XQEMU is all LLE, interpreter and software rendering, you'd need someone skilled enough to do a dynamic recompiler (that could take years on it's own) or pray the interpreter is fast enough then you also have to make an hardware accelerated renderer (not the the hardest thing since the extended DX API the XBOX uses is close to what OGL 2-3+ provides from what I've heard devs say) and to top it off you need to reverse engineer the soundstorm APU since it's really the last thing devs can't understand (which means they need to find someone to decap the chip)

CXBX and forks are HLE, which isn't bad in itself but the more complex the console the harder it is to pull a good implementation of it, the XBOX is very complex so pulling an HLE implementation that can do more than play a handful of games is gonna take time and skills, this is probably where you're gonna see game run in a playable manner the soonest though

Xbox emulation is impossible, if it weren't we would have had a decent emulator for it by now, and hearing the roadblocks for developers (weird, undocumented instruction set, shitloads of minor revisions, and lack of interest from die-hard autist developers) it sounds pretty dire. You'll have to stick with PC ports of Xbox games for now.

You'll probably see a feature added to Xenia or some other 360 emulator that allows it to emulate the backwards compatibility for Xbox before you ever see a proper Xbox emulator take off.

I find that gens is a good genesis/megadrive emulator. been playing the first few sanic games and had a bretty gud time with it.

My childhood…

Are there any good emulators on android? I have my boy and drastic for gba and ds, but just wondering of there are any other systems I can try on my phone

You know shit's fucked-up whenever Wii U and Xbox 360 emulation are much further-along than any OG Xbox emulator ever attempted. It's a tough situation.

Does anyone know if there's a special fork or build of Xenia somewhere that doesn't have the AVX/AVX2 processor requirement? I have an older i5 that can run Cemu just fine but Xenia doesn't seem to play nice even when trying a known-working retail game like good ol' Sonic 06.

I'd just like to know if there's a PS2 emulator that doesn't make my top of the line computer self destruct

I'm so glad you think people give a shit that you had a part making a worthless emulator so warez kikkies can play Windows ports for free, how commendable. Chop chop now.

PS2 emulation isn't looking so good either, sadly. PCSX-2 is probably the best we're gonna get for a long time.

Play! is an up-and-coming emulator in development with surprisingly confident compatibility and optimization, but it's mainly intended for Android devices and closed-source, so I wouldn't expect too much of it either.

People just simply care for PS emulation more than bawks otherwise PS wouldn't be the only one making money and ecksbawks wouldn't be losing so much money.

You can play old games in HD.

But the real question is, what's the best controller port adapter? Is there such thing as a controller port hub that can accept any controller?

got any of those for PS1? A PSP collection that isn't dead would be nice too

He's not the original poster of the torrent so I don't understand why you expect to be spoonfed.

No.

:^)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6C5088295FAE49B5F2D92EF70B31F0377C05D824&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt2.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet&dn=%5BPS%5D%20%D0%9F%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B5%20%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5%20%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%20Sony%20PlayStation%20%5BNTSC-U%5D%5B20150524%5D%5BRedump.org%5D

The advanscene packs are probably what you're looking for but they're barely seeded outside of private trackers.

I can taste the salt from your autistic raging.

And I can sense your impotent enduser rage with every new post you make.

thx user, you are a kind soul

Sure buddy.

I think I truly found someone more pathetic than pokekiddies sending death threat because pokemon doesn't emulate perfectly.

I'm making fun of you because you think I give a shit about a shitty Xbox emulator you brought up and took offense at a off-handed comment. You're a real shut-in, aren't you?

I can see that :^)

Didn't brin anything up user, maybe you should learn to use IDs

You mean like when you took offense to my remark about butthurt warez kiddies, I mean if you weren't one of them you would have responded to that remark, right?

You must be really thick if you just realized I've making fun of you because you think anyone cares about fulfilling your ego let alone anyone for muh emulation. Little Timmy will just torrent the latest shitty Denuvo game if he wants to play something new for free. Nobody will ever care about broken emulators enough to suck you off.

News to me
patreon.com/cemu
Keep crying though it's very entertaining.

Cemu's broken?

You tell me.

I use ppsspp to play some patapen, it actually works pretty well if you edit the button layout a lot.
Too bad it has a liiiitle bit of inconsistency running on my phone.

I have a 3DS, it's better than anything on an smartphone's "library". but I can't take it anywhere I go.
Sometimes you're unexpectedly sitting around work hours waiting for shit then BOOM, Professor Layton in your pocket.

Games like OoT have lots of complex gameplay logic written in C (that you must recreate from scratch), as well as custom bytecode scripting "languages" (have to write an interpreter for each completely undocumented VM, trap their abilities to arbitrarily poke memory and hardware registers). They're a lot harder to recreate than games like Doom 64 with dead simple gameplay logic, and map triggers as the extent of the "scripting" available. And when you're done with all of that work, there is likely very little that you can transfer to another game, even within the same series.

That said more classic game engine recreations would be pretty damn cool to see.

Depends on if the developer used a standardized engine or not, some dev did like Squaresoft which is why there's a source port project that aims to play FF7-8-9 and xenogears (probably more since the engine for those is used with modifications for every square game with prerendered background post Parasite Eve)
github.com/q-gears/q-gears
It's far from finished though so don't expect playing through any of those yet

Fair enough, "very little" is an exaggeration, but still there is a lot of custom code for each title so it's not exactly plug and play once you tackle one game.

Is ps2 emulation still shit?

If AMD CPU/GPU yes
If Nvidia GPU / intel CPU less so,
Depends heavily on the game on the game though.

How about AMD GPU Intel CPU?
Also how is Wii U emulation coming along?

Well you'll have to make do with SW mode for the most part (native res only, not everything is guaranteed fullspeed unless you're rocking a gen4+ i7), long story short the OGL plugin is required to fix most games and AMD cards and drivers are atrocious for OGL and in particular with the extensions PCSX2 uses.

Smoothly, a bunch of games run fullspeed, a couple are fully completable, no AMD issues unless you're on 4xx cards.

Just get a PS2. It's a ridiculously common console and you can just pirate the games anyway.

Nice, hopefully Cemu will end up like Dolphin.
I have a ps2 with a modchip, but I'm afraid that the laser may die, also I only own one memory card and I like to keep all my saves.

If you have a slim I'd say grabbing a preinstalled card is a good idea, you get that sweet playing .iso over network share thing.
On a FAT you'll have to spend more to get a good experience out of your softmod so it depends how much you play PS2 games

Can someone recommend a decent place to get a replacement SNES controller?

Yeah, I may actually end up doing that.

For anyone who uses Linux I have a question regarding snes9x. I'm trying to do an installation from source and in the process of launching the configuration it tells me that I am missing X11. I have checked and my systems xorg files are up-to-date so I do not know what I am missing. If it helps I am using Linux Mint 18. Zsnes works but I've been using snes9x on my Windows PC for years.

Really neat game, couldn't see why it wasn't more popular
But

It was so neat I feel like digging though stuff by American Sammy.

Thanks, now I have the BIO files. Now my only problem is that all the games I want to play are in seperate .rar files and none of the tools recommended to combine them will work. Why is this shit so difficult, these games aren't even that big.

Use Retroarch, mate.
It's much easier, trust me.
(And it has 3 implementations of Snes9X, plus BSnes)

Never heard about that game, mate. Thanks!

Might be RAR5, 7zip support for RAR5 isn't very good, had a similar issue recently.
Then again you could also just redownload them from
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6C5088295FAE49B5F2D92EF70B31F0377C05D824&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt2.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet&dn=%5BPS%5D%20%D0%9F%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B5%20%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5%20%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%20Sony%20PlayStation%20%5BNTSC-U%5D%5B20150524%5D%5BRedump.org%5D
or the set that's available on archive.org

bump

I want someone to test this in PCSX2 for me.
Download Soul Reaver 2 for PS2 and run it in PCSX2 with the opengl plugin with full mipmapping. Go to through the dark forge using the linked memory card save and tell me if you encounter any audio getting cut off with crackling.

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1sugCZh1a3ZWFpBNlo2TG5VRjQ

Its a relatively demanding game so those of weak CPU be advised.