Comfy video game towns

How do you like our city, outlander?

It's the only place I can play at night without Mom badgering me about curfews.

Checked. Didn't kek.

Looks dated honestly.

It's a pain in the ass to mavigate, but Vivec city was probably the most comfy town I've lived in a game. The starting village in Risen was also pretty comfy, nothing beats that feeling of beING a newcomer and learning where you stand around there.

Go back to Reddit

The comfiest city I've ever seen in a game. The best part is you live in the very comfiest part in a little shack under a bridge.

For a small town it is loaded with criminals.

So which town was worst town and why is it pelagiad?

Every time I try to play Morrowind with distant land or MGE my game crashes on new game or load game. I just want to be able to see Vivec in all it's glory but I can barely see to the next canton

But pelagiad had my nigga the talking mudcrab. I'd say Seyda Neen simply because you have no reason to ever go back.

I always liked Leyawiin from TES4. The frequent rain made you just want to stay indoors and tuck yourself in. The only downside is that the whole town probably smells like cats and fish.

Redundant.

Because it was essentially Little Cyrodiil?

Hla Oad

I don't even remember what's there

Is this bait?

This is not comfy. Your roof will soon be ruined due to water damage, and mold will spread through your house, starting with the ceiling. If it goes on long enough, you may even get structural damage, and part of the roof may cave in.
t. person who worked on abandoned houses too long

Let me present a scenario where there's no water under the bridge, the river bed has been dried out a long time ago, and it's mostly earth and grass under there.
How would a small shack hold up over time in that situation?

I'm glad I uninstalled that abomination

Depends on how the rain falls, i.e., where you are under the bridge. If you're in a part where water gets concentrated as it falls from the bridge (which can happen, especially since most bridges have drainage complexes), you're fucked. If not, you should be OK.

What if it's a stone shack

Stone wears down from water.

that snow village in paper mario

Oh yeah, i didn't think that the geometry of the bridge would tend to make water drip down in certain spots.
That's interesting stuff, user.

Wild Arms usually has pretty comfy towns (provided they're not in ruins from the latest demon/mech attack), and the setting even gives a reason for having rather low populations in them (being that the games tend to take place in a mix of wastelands, frontiers, and deserts). WA3 in particular has some of my favorites: Baskar Village, Jolly Roger, Claiborne, Humphrey's Peak, etc. The music for them is generally quite warm and friendly as well (Long Days of Rest, A Person's Warmth, and Scenery Called "Everyday"). Also, while not a town, Florina's cottage, the Secret Garden, is a cozy little patch of land, and the only spot you can grow restorative items in a world that for the most part is a dying waste. You wind up going back there rather often to check up on your crops, strengthen the genepool, and Florina herself generally has some interesting stuff to say.

Little Twister is admittedly a shithole "hive of scum" town, but that was kind of the point, considering it's where resident conniving asshole drifter Janus grew up.

I sure do love these posts stalling out at 100%.

Oh, now it lets me post it when I remove the music embed. What the hell.

The more I see .hack brought up, the more I want to move them further up in my backlog.

Doesn't matter, water can get through.

No problem. Always check your roof for leaks at least once a year.