Fighting Game General: You love to hate Edition

Pastebin with news and useful info: pastebin.com/bpyyDdMW

The previous thread has to hit 700 posts or be on page 13 before we make a new thread from now on.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/806613291774672898
desuchan.net/v/res/4845.html
steamcardexchange.net/index.php?gamepage-appid-520440
vejasp.abril.com.br/materia/fliperama-em-sao-paulo
redbull.com/br/pt/games/stories/1331771716600/5-fliperamas-de-rua-para-curtir-jogos-em-sp
pt.foursquare.com/v/lords-diversões/4b26794bf964a520027c24e3
fightersgeneration.com/screens/t7fr-dec2016-custom.htm
shoryuken.com/2016/12/16/yasayuki-oda-has-christmas-surprise-planned-for-the-king-of-fighters-xiv/
archive.is/9lxX8
floko.tv/video/1019873-interview-kofxiv-game-director-yasuyuki-oda
youtu.be/1Lny4lKG5_o?t=1h32m51s
archive.is/6TSIJ
archive.is/2sTxc
twitter.com/AFGCNews/status/810082012560314368
twitter.com/AFGCNews/status/810167116561268737
twitch.tv/funkyp
reddit.com/r/SF4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post your mains

is Relevator on PC worth it or should I just get a PS4? Only having a PlayStation 3 and my PC has left me feeling left out of the genre. I should have bought Relevator on PS3 7 months ago.

Do it for him

PC

Get Iroha(IV) or Mina(V) and fuck him up.
Never seriously played VI but if Mina with the V groove is just like the original SamShoV, well, your friend is really fucked.

In both games, Kyo is the best using his supers and in '98 his one of the 5 gods in that game. Terry is good in '98 but kind of shit in 2002 but at least he is still better than Kensou who was a good zoner with nice proximity unblockables to shit with an autoguard move that is slow as fuck. So answering your question, for both games:
1st Kensou
2nd Terry
3rd Kyo

Just learn how to wreck shit with Kyo's j.d+C and his punch loops during Max mode in 2002.

Vids not really related because you asked about their normal versions in the original games and not the EX ones on the UMs.

I wish but probably no. Maybe we'll get a KOFXIUM with everyone from the Ash saga.

Thank god I can post again

You should've bought the PS3 version last month for U$12.00
On PS4 you need to pay to play online so think if you want to play more games befor buying the console.

You fucked up the OP again.

>>>/fighters/8537

only console games I would play online are fighting games and am mostly into Guilty Gear in King of Fighters. I swear Sony is doing some Jew shit to keep them from PC this long.
Why is it's only acceptable to pay $50 a year for shity pier to pier net code?

The previous board >>11441867 had less than 350 posts.

"Fucking up the OP" edition, apparently.

Depends. If you have a local fighting scene, I'd recommend PS4 for easier setups should you feel inclined to bring your console to where they meet. If not, PC so you can play online without needing to spend more on a PS+ subscription. However, Revelator is cross play compatible for PS3 and PS4 (but PC is not), so you can still play it on PS3, but frame rates may be worse.

twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/806613291774672898

sega plz

I know well enough not to give my hopes up but DAMMIT I WANT A NEW VF SEGA PLEASE JUST LET AM2 MAKE THE DAMN GAME AND MAKE 3D FIGHTING GAMES GREAT AGAIN!

HELL I'D SETTLE FOR A PROPER VFxDOA GAME AT THIS POINT IF IT INCLUDED EVERYONE!

I hope SEGA will not be dumb enough to listen to that petty cry.
The only thing 5FS needs is ports. PS4 and PC. A system to put local files on a USB key, too. So that players can have their costumes, names and ranks on console. Just like T5DRO did.
Stop asking dumb things. A 6 will be barely played again, here.

is ash a male or female?

Ash is a male and liking him is gay.

That's the reason I want 6. Let japan go nuts with a new VF in the arcade, and then include a new Quest Mode with the console/PC release with the user data they collect. I can live with 5:FS tier online activity if I get a new quest mode and a few new characters to mess around with.

Why asking a 6 and not another console update for 5, then?
A 6 implies new models. New mechanics. Everything to redo for a new graphical engine. It also implies discarding a game that STILL can be played at high level, all around the world.
The worst answer to that is "muh single player mode". I'm not wishing to break a meta VF players made years to perfect, just for selfish reasons.

Why not just let them use the data they already collected and use it for the PC port of VF5:FS? I have been sacrificing tendies to Kek so that he can deliver Trump and a PC port of VF5:FS which is perfect, they can fuck up 6, but you can't fuck up something which is already perfect.

Why can't I ask for both?
Yes, and that would lead to new experiences, players and new meta like every other fighting game sequel unter the sun.
People still play SF2, peoples still play SF3, people still play KoF 98, people still play VF2. Just because a new entry happens doesn't mean the older games disappear off the face of the earth.
VF5;FS has one active scene; Japan. If VF5:FS gets ported; nothing changes the only scene still plays in arcades.
If VF6 happens; it will get a brief spark of life in the west, and then just go back to the japan arcade scene only for activity.

If a VF6 happens, any affects it has on VF5 won't get noticed by you since Japan is the only ones that care about it.

If you treat VF like any other games, no wonder why you want a sequel.
Do people still plays Second Impact? 2002 Vanilla, when UM exists? SSF2 New Challengers?
The VF series takes the same recipe and updates it. 4FT has the same kind of meta and mechanics than 5FS. Unlike SF2 with 3, 4, 5.
The same spark can be brought out of a PS4/PC port.

PC Revelator feel fine but there seems to be a stutter in framerates which shouldn't appear since my computer smashes the recommended specs.
Other then that I hated the native lag on consoles so this port is a god send to me.
Have a cambo + set up I've been learning.

Well, I don't know about the other guy who did the previous thread but I couldn't post the OP in the pastebin no matter what I did.

About that new template, I'll discuss there later.

And what about a Final Final Showdown? I wish Eileen wasn't so shit in that game. Also having all the stages and extras from the arcade that were axed because of XboxLive.

He's Elisabeth's waifu to the point she keikaku'd the XIV tournament to bring him back from non existing

Port to PC and do crossplay with japanese arcades using GGPO or something as good then.

BRs do and it's actually the most played game on Fightcade. The SFAlpha community is also divided between Alpha2 and Alpha3.

Don't forget the new template that someone made last thread. Also, what do you guys think of this template anyway? Good idea or bad idea?

I'm just affraid it'll cut down this thread's anonymity.

It isn't fighting games. Lethal league and melee could be considered fighting games before this.

Ignore, filter, whatever. He's always shilling the dead board and shitposting on these threads daily.

Sounds like a good way to go bankrupt.

There.

Online between arcades already exists. The players choose to go online or not.

Some games already have it as an option, albeit it's locked to japan connections only.
It just would never work on a global scale

This is getting out of hand. Keep ALL the fighting games to one thread or I will be forced to bring the banhammer down on you.

fuck off. There's a reason why smash and fighting games are contained in two seperate threads.

Back to cuckchan fam.

This

I don't give a shit. Stop cluttering up the board or face the consequences,

I have to ask, aren't there Doom and Overwatch threads? They don't get lumped into a single "shooter games" thread.
What am I missing here?

It's just a single faggot who goes into every fighting game thread to shitpost. I'd hazard a guess that he got rekt at a local or something and has flashbacks whenever he sees active threads about multiple different fighting games here.

NitroBlasters is way funnier then I was expecting it to be.

hows the netcode? I can't download it until saturday

That's right, we should make a thread for Tekken, GG, SF, KoF, VF, MvC, SC, JoJo…

The day fightan threads on Holla Forums accepts Smash I sure hope they accept Windjammers and Lethal League as fighting games.

I thought we all agreed that Neo Turf Masters was the greatest fighting game of all time.

they re still good game, just saiyan

OR…
>>>/fighters/

btw i still haven't lost hopes of people playing competitive Super Dodge Ball

If Smash is a fighting game then Neo Turf is as well.

They're great games, but not fightans. I just wish to get more people to play Lethal League but they all ragequit and refuse to git gud

Why are you even here if you have the board then? Fuck off.

If he can dream about VF6, leave my dreams of having an (optional) unified community alone. Also, why Skullgirls isn't the standard of online experience in fighting games? I heard MKX got really good after the XL update but SNK and ArcSys games keep being released with input delay netcode or when it's rollback, it's by DotEmu. And Street Fighter cannot implement rollback netcode decently for its life,

But we are user :^) except the other one shilling Revelator.

Short answer, I didn't like. I already answered in the thread at /fighters/

You just needed to remind me DotEmu will fuck this up, didn't you?

Haven't you see the polemic around their Hitbox controller? The communities are just too different. 3D, 2D, Anime can all get along with some limitations but the smash community cannot force themselves into the same room.

Dude, I actually have a tab opened for it right now. What are you talking about, Holla Forumsirgil?

Holla Forums, as usual.

Can't believe someone would go trough the trouble of filling this shit out to this extreme
autism is a terrible beast

First Towerfall, now Lethal League. You're really trying to trigger people here don't you?
You're just delusional then. At least I try to have fun playing.

>Only two ancient Capcom games
No you're not.

The community of smash is polluted with manchildren who expect to be treated like superior beings and throw a shitfit when they are treated with the same respect as the rest.

They dug their own grave within this community by being such gigantic faggots.

Report, ignore, filter.

How is the DS4's D-pad? current pad just died on me

It's not like this entire site isn't filled with autism anyway.

It kinda did work, with the Doom avatarfag, there. Also, I have a Cammy, but I play and enjoy way more TowerCuck locally than SF. Same goes with LL.

For me, mindgames and knowledge means more than tierlists.
If that makes you feel any better, I wanna try Aoi and I don't like Garou that much.
CVS2 is one of the best game ever, but it's so busted… If I really wanted to play seriously, I'd main a C team and will ditch Kyosuke for Chun-Li, Sagat or whatever.
The main problem I have is that I main the exact same archetype, out of every game. At least, I have one zoner, but I play Robo pretty agressively, as well.

You're sure it's me, the delusional? I'd put KI, if I could play the game more.
I'm in the FGC, but I'm not gonna support bad games for the sake of it. The community =/= the big tourneys.

The DS's "hole" in the middle of their D-Pad still bugs me. I prefer the XBO pad, if we're just talking about the D-Pad.

Dubs. We only need a few more for the confetti. 11,22,33 and 88.
Sorry about this post, do continue.

How much better is a fightstick over a 360 d-pad or thumbstick? My thumb is hurting after a while.

Pretty much anything is better than a 360 dpad.

But tierlists are knowledge. You can doubt some, argue, make your point but can't really dismiss the ones based on good stuff.

Aoi is one of the hardest characters (she's no Lei though) but really fun when you get her counters and dodges right. I just change to Sarah after I get my ass kicked with Eileen too much from my local friends or some japanese guy on PS3.

Yeah, I really liked the game and the ideas until the guys at the arcade discovered Sagat and A-Blanka.

I like some variety and execution was never really an issue for me except in Tekken, VF and 1-frame links. I like Athena, Nakoruru, Kyo, Shermie, Brian, Taokaka, May, Makoto, Chie, Ms.Fortune, Cerebella, MvC2Jill and others.

I just don't like how the SF-community see themselves as the only thing that matters of the so called FGC. Like crying about the "dark age of fighting games" they're at again with Daigo stating the obvious between 3rdStrike and SFIV when during that time, I would say I had my most active time having my ass kicked in many local tourneys of KOF2002, KOFXI and CvS2 while Harada was making loads of money from Tekken and Soul Calibur was at its peak GuiltyGear was also a thing but I really only came to actually playing with Xrd. Of course SFIV was a huge sucess but don't talk like MK9 and KOFXIII weren't already in development.

Rant aside, what you guys think of what some japanese think about KOFXIV?

It's alright if you don't have another one. I like to play on my PS1 still today.

Anything is better than that. Get those Hori fightpads if you don't know/want to deal with a fightstick now. Or go with a Hitbox/hitbox-like controller.

>Want players to play online faggot
Well change your continent or the games you play son.
And to be honest, fighting games are the best game to play with Brazilians. I think more than 70% of online games played here are Dota 2, CSGO and LoL. Maybe some MMORPGs, but everything else you find only the ones more dedicated. Fighting games, for better or worse, are niche. Not as much as some games, but when compared to the big ones, it's much smaller everywhere.

No. Matchups are knowledge. Tierlist are a resume of matchups and doesn't detail at all how a matchup works.

I thought Akira was the hardest. Also, I like counters in fighters. That's why I love Asuka and both her and Aoi does aikido.

And Sho-sho-sho-sho-sho…

"Yeah, let's talk about the Dark Age! When we played everything! And when we have plenty of fighting games to play!" - Hellpockets.

T6 came before SFIV in arcade. BB was being made. Other doujins started to have their first arcade releases… "Dark Age" my ass.

What do they say? I know some local veterans at KOF, telling me that the game is just shit and it's too much neutral-based and slow to be called KOF.

Get a USB converter for your fucking microwave and you will have a better controller for fighting games than the 360 pad.

I can't decide who I want to main in +R. Anyone have any suggestions for who I should learn how to play and why?

Dude what? Every XIV tournament I've seen had a Ramon tearing shit up real hard. Was there some new discovery recently to make him bottom tier as fuck?

What's the best alternate costume in fighting games? The worst?

What makes a good alternate costume?
What makes a bad one?
Is a good one one that sticks to a character's roots or is just cool looking?
Why does Street Fighter have such good ones and yet also extremely terrible ones? Why can no one seem to make a good costume for Vega?

KOF Maximum Impact 2 had the best alt costumes ever

Worst shit i ve seen is Killer Instinct accessories followed closely by Street Fighter IV

How about a picture, lazybones

Well the wors costumes I can think of is akumas recent design. He looks like a fucking dwarf troll doll with a not beard (the hair isn't covering his fucking chin) and I would bet they designed that way because they literally have no creativity and just shat something out.

This and the other costumes from Mortal Kombat 9 and X and also Tekken where you're able to customise costumes as well.

I can't believe how badly they fucked up Akuma.

As long as the costume relates to the character in some way it's alright for the most part. Shit like that Red Bull nonsense shouldn't even be a thing.

I can't believe they fucked him up and then hope were excited for 5
COMPLETELY
new characters when this ,"whatever the fuck" team they have are making designs like this. What the fuck is going on at capcom? What is their actual decision making? There's so much why in that pile of shit that they're content with which makes them evil, corrupt? I don't know at this point we need, and should have abandoned it.

Wew. My KoF mains will never be high tier

Is it gay if i want Ash to ride my dick off reverse cowgirl style while i give him a reach around?

It's one of those mysteries of life. No way of ever fucking knowing

I hope you enjoy your ban degenerate

Didn't they say these characters were never playable or something? The last time we got that crap we ended up with the disappointment that was Decapre.

As much shit as SFxT got, I really liked some of the swap costumes. Mostly on the Tekken side, not so much the SF side.

A part of me thinking it will be a lie because "Why the fuck not, people aren't going to stop playing it at this point"

That whole meme doesn't work after v2013, anymore.
If you've played Kuso Gamu IV during 8 years, you can play SFxT post-patch. Even Gems aren't as cancerous as before.

Is pic related really coming to SFV?

Rival School characters would be more revelant in MvCi.

Yeah that's pretty gay.

Anyone is fine as long as they're fun to you. When I was younger I played Testament and Robo-Ky. When I first played though I used just Ky. As long as you stick to one character you'll learn the game sooner or later. You could always just watch tutorials on how to play.

Male.

Not liking Chun Li's Panda suit or Kuma's R.Mika impression

DP vs EGWF
desuchan.net/v/res/4845.html

Is there any other fighter similar to Virtua Fighter? Can't sit around waiting for 6 or a PC port all my life.

Dead or Alive

Just play VF5 vs Fuudo

I prefer the Hori fighting commander, but a DS4 will get by.

Fighting Vipers, if you haven't played it ever. Technically Sonic the Fighters too, but it's much wackier than Fighting Vipers.

Holy shit why is the new GG price on steam so much, do they even want people do buy the game. I was even going to buy it as i want to play online, but at that price its ridiculous. Hasnt it been on ps4 for almost over a year now?

JP was released May, US/EU June so about 6 months. Personally I wouldn't have minded the full price if they had included all the DLC. At the very least they should've done it so that you get the DLC for free if you buy it within the first week or something. As it is now there's really no reason to not wait for the Christmas sales unless you're into the whole "support good games" mentality or just want to get in at the ground floor.

King as Alex is probably the best alt costume in a fighting game ever made.

Yeah the whole DLC part is one thing thats bad aswell.
The worst thing is the fucking bundle though, who in their right mind would ever even give you the ption to buy that, its like buying SF4 and SSF4 at the same time

How is that? I still need to spend around 15 bucks just to get them.

There's technically a continuation in the story between the two games if someone is into that. It's also there to give the extra 10% discount for people that already own SIGN.

If you already owned SIGN on PC and clicked the Bundle option it gave you a 20% discount on the game.

Thats better then I guess, but i still think the idea of buying generaly the same fighting game is stupid. For someone who doesnt already own SIGN, that is

Well it's good they don't force you to do that isn't it and if someone does want to get them both they have the option to do so. I fail to see the problem.

So how long do we have to wait for a price drop for revelator on PC?

This is one reason I almost support Capcom's business model of "buy our upgrade if you want!" as it's not a totally different game.
A "better" business model would be selling access to each character individually as they come out, but the main game provides 4-5 starting characters and comes with free updates. As well as this, they could provide a chapter of story with each character release for players to play through each character on single player for a single chapter to see if they like playing as that character.

Also, does anyone know what the steam backgrounds are for the Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator steam cards?

Was talking about the default ones. The others are banned.

Ah.

The patch gave to the Tekken cast cleaner anti-airs. They fixed the horrible bugs on Jin "Spin to Win" Kazama and on Mega "My planet needs me" Man. They affined the game to be really playable and enjoyable. But when they did that, it was after the SF 25th Anniversary tourneys and when people fleed the game, because of its bad reputation.
Pair play is a really enjoyable concept I wanna see more in the future. Especially when the team uses Cross-Assault. The game still has a japanese and american community. The real problem is that it didn't interested Tekken players at all, outside of the Cross Assault event.

Heh, I remember that…

Decent for what it is as far as I can tell but I hanve't played with any randoms just a guy on the same side of the continent who've I've never had online issues with in pretty much any game. I'm surprise how accessible it is, doesn't take much to switch between characters and connect with the kits.

oops not there yet, sorry

aww shit

I miss chubby Athena.

Everything above Aoi is just alien to me.

Well, tell your friends that just because they only played XI/XIII it doesn't make them "KOF veterans".

As for Japan, it's actually weird because it kind of revived the scene there. Japan didn't like XIII at all and XIV already had bigger tournaments than the previous game ever had there without an arcade release.

As for the tier list. It's funny how Leona is consistently at the top of some tier lists but she's not as used in tournaments. On the other hand, Verse, Antonov, Tizoc and Ramon are really weird there.

I remember El Rosa was really good with him but only him. Hell, one guy made it in 3rd place on Peru last week with Sylvie.

You still have to pay for the characters on disk. Shame Capcom never tried to release a "complete edition" like they did with USFIV and now UMvC3. My friend has SFxT without the DLCs and I find it more fun than SSFIVAE. That's when I dropped the game

Dead or Alive is Virtua Fighter with a lot of bullshit and crazy stuff.

And guess how much it'll cost?

I like free.

Everything above Aoi is just alien to me.

Well, tell your friends that just because they only played XI/XIII it doesn't make them "KOF veterans".

As for Japan, it's actually weird because it kind of revived the scene there. Japan didn't like XIII at all and XIV already had bigger tournaments than the previous game ever had there without an arcade release.

About for the tier list. It's funny how Leona is consistently at the top of some tier lists but she's not as used in tournaments. On the other hand, Verse, Antonov, Tizoc and Ramon are really weird there. But you talk like you should dismiss tierlists altogether when ration tournaments based on tierlists was the best idea people had for KOFXI tournaments. Or you're going to tell me Gato/Kula/Oswald wasn't a thing? I wish they did stuff like that with CvS2 because that game was even more broken than KOFXI

I remember El Rosa was really good with him but only him. Hell, one guy made it in 3rd place on Peru last week with Sylvie.

You still have to pay for the characters on disk. Too bad Capcom never tried to release a "complete edition" like they did with USFIV and now UMvC3. My friend has SFxT without the DLCs and I find it more fun than SSFIVAE. That's when I dropped the game

Dead or Alive is Virtua Fighter with a lot of bullshit and crazy stuff.

And guess how much it'll cost?

when's the last time you went outside?

I don't remember.

A better business model doesn't mean good for consumers. I'd rather have a complete game with all characters from the start, for a base price, and if they add anything later, then they can charge me for that later.

For the record, Arcsys have stated they plan to change the way they release games. If that means the next Xrd game will be an expansion to Revelator, who knows?

They didn't even fucking try, Jesus Christ.

Can't find the webm I had, when twh SF4 rose did the same thing.

two*

They did for Vita

However, it counts as cross buy with the PS3 version so it entitles you to the DLC characters.

To be honest, Hinata would be a really weird choice for a SF game that already might got Sakura. Zaki, Tifanny and Akira would work much better. Even Kyoko could be a nice addition.
Imagine an ara Kyoko in SF V teaching all those young ladies how to properly break bones!

Not at all. In fact, Capcom made a sound decision adding Kyosuke do CvsS2. He fits very well. If they want to go that route, like they did in TvsC, Batsu wasn't the best choice IMO.

what the fuck

If they did add RS characters to anything, it would have to be three in order to feel satisfying given then last game's set up.

But even then, any line up of characters based on the originals game's schools would feel like a clone or rehash of another Capcom character, since the game did have Street Fighter similar characters…

user, in fighting games, archetypes are the standard. They devil is in the details.
But even if that's the case, let's see:

All of them would be quite unique in a game like SF V. I can't see any "rehash" there.

But, to be honest, in SF V they would probably be horrible.

Ah yeah, it did have a pretty original female cast.

I was remembering more along the lines of Batsu and his team.

Well, the Vita game came to PSNplus some time ago right? Does it count for the PS3 DLC characters? Because that could be arranged since one of our friends still has his subscription and we could use his account.

When the next console installment is released +6 months

It should.

pretty sure SIGN is still as much as it was when it launched on PC. Who knows about sales. Maybe a small one i.e. 10-20% in the christmas sale.

Nakoruru tumbling down is expected but what did they find with Leona, Kula and Verse to place them at the top? Was under the modest impression that Nakoruru's bullshit aside, K' was the top tier (followed by Athena).

Let them just port Project Justice with that extra mode that never got localized. That will be enough.
Poor Kyoko doesn't deserve to get [CURRENT YEAR]'d.

I forgot all about that dating sim mode. That would be great, but would probably end up like Namco High in the end.

I wanted to protect that smile

Do I want to know? Is Reiko in it?

Dating sim made by the creator of Homestuck where you romance various Namco mascots. Reiko is not in it.

I'm having more fun with Nitroplus Blasterz than with Revelator, it plays smoother and the grills are cute.

Yeah I'm surprise how well it plays. Haven't hopped online yet, still dicking around with characters and supports. Aino Heart and Mora are bretty fun

I wonder if now they will port Dengeki Bunko too.
If so, it would at least it means more VF on PCs

There will be no revelator discount for Christmas sales. Trust me.

Brazilian too. Is there any place to play some Arcade in Sao Paulo?

The same game that has Juri's and Akuma's theme also has this amazing track. I seriously think Hideyuki Fukasawa stinks and he has to go. Everyone else is great and then he shits out electronica nonsense.

Fukusawa is great but the type of music they're asking of him certainly isn't his thing.
Keiki Kobayashi of Soulcalibur fame is also among the composers (and did FANG's theme aka the best thing in the game).

Polite sage.

who else is excited for superior limb based combat?

Kinda. Can't feel any weirder than Tekken characters in SFxT.

Home release date when?

Forgot my mains

Every costume Ultra SFV added was ugly shit. Soul Blade had some really good extra costumes the fans made. A good costume has to fit the character and the theme behind said character.

Every skin from KI is fucking terrible, but that's because KI looks like a really ugly Dreamcast game. The costum items suck dick.

This was from an old thread when I thought KI suddenly changed some items as pay-to-use. A lot of the custom items and skins suck.

The more you or the fgc keep supporting Capcom, the more bullshit you'll see Capcom and Ono get away with.

vejasp.abril.com.br/materia/fliperama-em-sao-paulo
redbull.com/br/pt/games/stories/1331771716600/5-fliperamas-de-rua-para-curtir-jogos-em-sp
pt.foursquare.com/v/lords-diversões/4b26794bf964a520027c24e3

Ok. Everything is ugly, every costumes are shit, every games are shit.
Thanks, Holla Forums.

Note the words, "Added from Ultra," as in 99% of the costumes that shitty SF4 update added. The costumes before Ultra were actually good.

But really, KI is an ugly piece of shit.

If anyone wanted to see Emopleon in action for Pokken

So far hes alright for a Balanced user

Of course, it is.

You're gonna make me drink to forget again, aren't you guys?

Then theres a really good Video of Empoleon and what he can do

This sadly. I even just realized why I don't like SFxTK as much as other crossover Capcom games. It doesn't feel like a celebration of both franchises. Every other crossover feels like a party of sorts, like how Capcom vs SNK are themed around a grand tournament between the two franchises or Marvel vs Capcom has villains from both franchises team up. SFxTK feels like Street Fighter 4 with Tekken characters and they never intersect. Maybe if both games released close together and Harada's side wasn't stuck in development hell, they could have been bundled together to feel like a more complete package.

Nice taste

I hate to be a dick, but you only have yourself and the fgc to blame for allowing Capcom to keep doing shit like this.

Yeah…

In my defense, I wouldn't buy Street Fighter V unless it was 90% off, with DLC. Until then I just don't want it.

A lot of that blame is shouldered on the major tournament organizers and "top players" that just follow the money. Unfortunately these are the major supporting factors of the FGC these days, regardless of how many people in the community disagree with their direction.

Though this isn't a defense of the majority of the whole community. There isn't a "silent majority" that disagrees with community leaders that isn't being appeased. In fact, the vast majority of players are either ignorant or complacent to the direction of the community at large. Of course that complacency is what makes them blameworthy for its direction as well.

Wong and Maximilian will never bite the hand that feeds him their weed supply. In a way, "Gaming culture" is also responsible because it feed this nonsense idea that you can make a living out of playing shitty video games like Dota, Lol, and SFV As long as you're in California because no other state takes esports shit seriously.; hence why you had faggots like Darksyde Phil and Lowtiergod.

And yea, I agree with you on slimeballs like Jebailey and Mr. Wizard are also responsible for the mess.

I tried making one animated but the colour gets all washed out, I need to get this apng plugin for gimp working.

You could offer the game with all the dlc for free, and I'd still refuse. Not even Laura and Juri cosplayers making out could get me to play that piece of shit (with the uncensored Juri outfit).

I'd play it for free as long as it wasn't on my console or computer. I played the first cracked release with a buddy and it was okay. Not a steaming shitpile since I don't/can't play at a high level because I suck, and getting controllers to work is a bitch, but it was okay. Would rather play jewpuncher or KoF though.

The whole game never plays like 4. There's no focus. Every one has a magic series target combo.
The whole plot is a Cross-Over as well. Shadaloo and Mishima Zaibatsu, running after the same goal. It's cheesy, but way more "logical" than "so, we've made a tourney and brough a succubus and 3 swordsmen from the Edo era".
The whole "duo" thing worked exactly like KoF's teams, made out of other games like Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting, Mark of the Wolves…
2 games, with the exact same purpose, releasing at the same time… Good idea. Except for the part that it's not.

When someone tries other things, it's instantly shit, because it's not SF. Look at this thread and what do they think about KI.

In a way, "Music culture" is also responsible because it feed this nonsense idea that you can make a living out of composing shitty music.
In a way, "Litterature" is also responsible because it feed this nonsense idea that you can make a living out of writing books.
In a way, "Painting" is also responsible because it feed this nonsense idea that you can make a living out of drawing shitty art.

There are differences with the counter examples you listed, and esports being a complete fucking joke. You could do most of those things without being in California, and they last longer than 98% of the epsorts careers to some extent.

You've missed the point on pro gamers, I think. It's not like a musician who makes music, it's like paying someone to listen to your music and then spout random bullshit at a camera. Your paying for a consumer to consume rather than a creator to create in that case.

"Hey, Riot! Your business is shit, because I said so. Can you stop your nonsense, please? Thank you. Hm… Next… Hey, Bizzard!"

Thanks for loading my image

You're talking about Youtubers and streamers?
Because you're surely not paying a "progamer" to play. You're paying him to win.

No, you're paying Lowtiergod to act like manchild.

Or to gather attention, because people like you giving him this, just by saying that he exists.

I mean, DSP and LTG seem to be a part of the FGC and call themselves professionals and they do dumb shit all the time. Heck, even other pro players are paid to sponsor shit like lapping up SFV. In general, though, they're being paid to consume. It's like having a competition between people reading books. It's just kinda dumb to think that could be professional.

And to be clear, I don't mean that playing competitive games doesn't take skill, it just seems silly that playing games can get you any kind of money to live off of. Then again, I'm flabbergasted that companies pay millions for pro-handegg players.

anybody here know how to edit fightcade roms?

or just edit a bin file for that matter?
most bin file editors i can find cost $20 and i bet there's a free one out there somewhere

It's because they're entertainers, people like watching high levels of play and are willing to pay for it. People also like watching retarded manchildren have autistic fits and people like LTG and DSP have just monetised that.

I see your point, but I haven't followed his shit in months. Again, you're not paying him to produce stuff like writers, musicians, and painters. You're paying him and Phil to act like faggots consuming a shitty fighting game from a sleazy company.

You're not producing anything in esports as a proplayer (not to diss skill, but again mashing juggles and spamming top-tiers =/= creativity).

We need to talk, fam.

Hey, some people obviously find them entertaining otherwise they wouldn't still be around.

No, you didn't. You just mean that this type of skill doesn't deserve any money.
People are dumb anyway. If they wanna get paid by winning, they should have done something REAL MEN does. Like SPORTS. REAL SPORTS.

AdSense doesn't give a fuck about the color of their thumbs.

Manchildren come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.

Just like clothes. Or anything that can be bought.

OK people, I'm a scrub, a noob, a normalfag, an untrained child, so maybe that's why I don't understand it, but how on Earth they thought the Pandora activation was a good idea?
While the characters do look nice in those transformations, how could they think this would work?

i managed to make it work, did you check that tutorial i made in /apng/ like 2 years ago?

can you explain what this is for?

I have not, I'll check that out thanks

It's a bad one. Just like X-Factor, Ultras, Danger Mode…
MvC2 was filled with tons of things that made the game legitly competitive, but was not "designed" to at all. A "happy accident".
Mechanics in fighting games aren't things that can be thought enough to work 100% all the time. Sometimes it works, (GRD, IPS & Undizzy,…) sometimes it doesnt. And when it doesn't work, it's severly modified and updated. Pandora had buffs, for the 2013 patch.

I want to mod a fighting game rom. and those files are in the insides of garou mark of the wolves zip file. But I haven't decided what to mod yet.

A .bin file is just a binary file. You'll need to work out which ones have code in and disassemble them.

Checked, but, if you are going to design a mechanic that will make you lose a round if you can't win it in the few seconds it's activated, you really need to get back to R&D.
GG 's Tension bar is a better example. If you can't hit that sweet Instant Kill, you will loose your bar, but not the round.
Hell, one X-Factor at the right time was enough to turn a fight around if you had only one character, while Pandora's Risk/Reward was so low I never saw people using it, not even as a desperate move.
Another marvelous decision of SFxT is the fact that you cam chose to not have gems, but you can't just turn them off completely.
But I still find that game fun to play. Any game where I can have Christie and Elena is fine.

They all got code and can be opened with hexeditor but not with an IDE like visual studio (yet visual studio can open the 512kb decrypted.bin file). I just simply feel inexperience in how to work with this and I've tried contacting those familiar with fightcade roms with no luck.

I know it's possible because of stuff like 4th strike and 4th strike arrange. I just don't know how they did it.

don't take it too personal but you obviously have no fucking idea what you're doing

well when all I got is myself, a couple of bin files and no documented guides on what to do with em
then yeah

Only main the best,

been to lazy to make one of these until now since the usual template is 2huge and i don't play that many fight gaem. i would have put another yoshimitsu with his baller new look but i haven't played T7 yet.

Tekken7 Gouki looks good
better than SFV Gouki
fightersgeneration.com/screens/t7fr-dec2016-custom.htm

Hey i got a question, how often do you guys play on fightcade?

I prefer this

like twice a month for last blade 2, then if there is no people i just wait for the next time i feel like it

Not as often as I'd like, pretty rarely online unfortunately as Blogpost: I get really nervous/anxious playing online against people as I feel like they probably always think I'm shit even when I win. It hasn't gotten better even after 7+ years of playing fighting games. Playing offline in person is fine though.

I have the same issue. I've been playing online much more recently as of late, but I feel like more than half my matches I won because of a fluke, and that I improve rarely.

I feel like I'm about to get jew'd by Arcsys if I buy the bundle for the upgrade on Steam. To compare, Sign has a cool name for their bundle, "Big Blast Bundle." For the bundle upgrade for Revelator, something that totals $52.64, it has no cool name. I'm not even sure if it is an upgrade. If they took a note from Crapcom with how SF4 was handled, they don't have to give free upgrades but they just don't have to leave the store page up for the previous ones. It's like everything is telling me that they don't even have the humor to back up the price. Hell, I only paid about $24 rounded up for Sign. So what gives?

Then I take a look at the threads and it seems like stuff is actually missing. Damage control. Typical "I bought it. Nothing to see here. Everything is fine. You owe it to them to buy full price." that I've seen on games where devs have stuff to hide and bootlickers help them out.

Did something happen to the old Arcsys? I just wanted to play as Xrd Jam. Not pay something that's full-price tier plus extra and feel cheated.

I play semi regularly whenever my laptop is working. I sometimes get to fight Brazilians or phillipinos.

What seems to be missing? The over world lobby is gone, but player created lobbies are still there.

The steep price is unfortunate, but I guess you will just have to wait until it goes on sale.

God damn SF EX2+ is hilarious, Chun li can do her gommenne taunt as a hit by doing the raging demon input, can end excel combos with it for style points I'm guessing.

I think Sakura does have a Raging Demon move in EX1+α and EX3. To be honest, I love that series.
But if you think that Chun-li taunt is cool, take a look at this.

SF EX2+ is the best street fighter game

shoryuken.com/2016/12/16/yasayuki-oda-has-christmas-surprise-planned-for-the-king-of-fighters-xiv/
archive.is/9lxX8
floko.tv/video/1019873-interview-kofxiv-game-director-yasuyuki-oda

you think they'll reveal the new faces team right then and there? Or do they have some other christmas surprise, like christmas costumes, all of which are free?

i don't think it's wise to reveal christmas costumes that late into the holidays

Yes.

Maybe if we're lucky it will be the PC port announcement maybe with cross-play.

He's clearly going to announce the PC version of XIV. I can dream can't I?

PC port-mind

Nice combo, joey

As if that's much of an achievement when SFV Gouki looks like this

Who is the Jotaro of Jojo HFTF

that's skullgirls bullshit tier.

Who?

:-)

I got bored and made a thing for a shit game

That's why I like KoF so much. It's fast paced, but doesn't have ridiculously long combo chains like that, usually nothing more complicated than normal, command normal, special, super cancel. Feels good, looks good and the other player doesn't get bored from being unable to do shit for a long time.

Thanks for showing you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

Kakyoin
He's the everyone in that game

Post 10 seconds of you playing I-no, Chaf

That reminds me of the MOTW chart I made and the Darkstalkers one I started, but never finished.

Anything past five hits (not counting insane hits added from supers and multiple hitting single moves) is getting into ridiculous territory.

Quite ironic you're praising KoF then, and further proof you're talking out of your ass.

The only match I've got is me, getting destroyed in a team tourney by Ky.
There's nothing to see.
You could be anywhere in the Discord, so I'm guessing… AFL?

And yet its the best Western Fighting game ever made.

Anyone*

Swing and miss, buddy boy. Are you going to post that shit or are you gonna remain all talk no play? Surely that can't be worse than your SF4 performance.

A game can look like shit but still be a good game, this is nothing new

If there's at least one series I don't play at all, it's SF4.
If you can find this, you can surely find my GG play, if it's interesting enough for you.

Ok who is in charge for the character design in SFV anyway? Because nearly every redesign looks terrible. Even Falcoon said he was afraid of taking risks with redesigns when it came to the alternate costumes in the Maximun Impact games.

There is this other game called Zero Divide 2 for PSX. It has a really good soundtrack as well

Probably someone who wanted to crash street fighter franchise with no survivors.

Is this some kinda ironic thing, baldy?

Wow, put down the stalking, Holla Forumsirgil.
It's like you're stroking it, while you're seeing public shit. You should post my MD3 thing.

The hero we need but don't deserve

SF is a big series.

I'd rather post your GG match instead. Gee, it sure looks like you don't play it either. Nice Ky on that guy too.

youtu.be/1Lny4lKG5_o?t=1h32m51s

When I've said that there's nothing to look.

Is MKX on PC any good now? I know it went through a horrible shit fight when WB dropped all support for a bit but I've heard they've fixed things up now. Is it worth playing? I just want a fighting game I can play with a controller.

You can play any fighter on a controller.

Play with a dancemat.

Step it up

For Ryu

plebs not even in the game.

It's like you want to be bullied.

c'mon dude

JUST MESSATSU MY SHIT UP (bonus Fatcalli)

B-but I have done that for Pocket Rumble.

We're cool then, my man

Would've thought they'd put Pyroar in Pokken.

It's just so bad.
Like damn son, this is supposed to be your flagship title and THIS is the shit you give me?

Free '98 Athena DLC costume to be released on Dec 20 ~ Jan 5.

archive.is/6TSIJ

So is that and the themes the Christmas surprise? I'm okay with that

That's the "big" KoFXIV surprise?

The big surprise is pc announcement.

Who's the guy in the last two pics? That's not Necalli, is it?

Why do Marvel players think that other games with infinity combos and tod are kusoge while theirs is acceptable? Self-aware much?

KOF14 on steam will be sweet

mahvel has always been kusoge tho. it just has normalfag characters

Buns fighter
Which fightan is the best chinese girl?

Not very original but I'll go with Chunners.

Might have to retract my statement. Forgot ghost girl.

What the fuck is wrong with xiaoyu's leg

too many muscle busters

mah niggas

What the fuck.

Damn I want to do one of these for some games I like now

Not many chinnese girls actually in fightan. I guess the samurai are still pissed about their little incident.

Marvel 2 broke your combo after 55 hits. The exploit and hidden things behind the game made it competitive. Not the ToDs, not the Infinite, not the cast. It's litterally the "Maylay" of the FGC.
Marvel 3 is kusoge. Marvel 2 is why people made a distinction between "Versus" games and Airdashers. (the terme "Anime" is stupid) TvC looks more like an airdasher than a "Versus" game.

nigga what, China is probably the most popular nationality in fighting games after Muricuh and Glorious Nippon.

Isnt Chonshu a man?
Because that artwork makes him look like a sexual jew, if we go by Indonesiabro's words

Which version?

All of them

What? Why? How?

Mostly 2d fightan player. How do I 3d like say Tekken?

So did Necalli eat Akuma? Some Akuma main at Capcom has a vore fetish I'm guessing.

I forgot about that dork. I like her but it's quite unrequited given how terrible I am with her.

Classic.
Still remember gawking at her like an idiot when Super SF2 came out and she got the new Kikouken animation.

Necalli ate Akuma but couldn't hold it down Alien the movie did it better in the 1970s.

She apparently used the new Invitation Team to somehow abuse Verse using the souls of the dead to spit Ash back out in the middle of Eastern Europe or something.

Okay, so hear me out. I seem to be mentally retarded when it comes to using a controller/D-pad for fighting games because I can't seem to use the D-pad well at all.

I'm still really new to fighting games and want to attempt using a stick because I might be better. Problem is I don't want to throw $150 bucks into something I might be even worse for.

How usable is the Hori Mini 4? I know it's cheap and light and small, but is it so bad that I shouldn't even bother and just save up or can I at least get some sort of practice with it?

OK I decided fuck it and I'm getting an Xbone to play gears with my dad and I'm going to pick up Killer Instinct. Is there any anons on here who play?
Rash looks cool in the game and his theme is fucking amazing

KI is a really good game. One of those cases when people didn't believe at the product at all and were quite surprised in a positive way.
But, Mick Gordon was not a great choice in general.
Some themes are good, like Hisako's, but others are weird. At least it's much better than what Crapcom have been making.
But he sinned in nu-Doot. That was a crime.

If you're new you're going to suck on either, probably more so on stick if you've never used one in your life before. You can learn to play on anything really. Make sure you have the basics down before you start analysing what might be better.

But I thought he wiped everyone's memory of himself even existing? Did she somehow plothole her way into remembering him?

Opinions.
People that were disappoited on KI's OST are usually people that expects the OST to be "fighting game-y". Like, with the same genre and scheme for every characters/stages. Like what SG or UNIEL did.
KI was never like that. Even in 1994. When you have Eurodance and Tribal songs in the same game. Mick just followed the spirit.

Don't try that bullshit user. People were not expecting more "fightan" music, people wanted a KI OST to be remembered.
I can see you are a shill for that asshole, so, let me ask you something.
How can you say this theme…

Inspired this thing? Why he have to try to force the main theme into the music?
Why it sounds like goddamn dubstep and not like a dancing? Why it sounds completely saturated?

And of course, of fucking course. From the comments of the new Orchid theme…

there's that word again, why are these people so childish and prudish?

Don't feed him attention, he is lonely.
He is a guy that defends SkullGirls, Xbone, NRS females being "beautiful" (look at Injustice).
He does not only have shit taste or shit opinions, he belives that something objective is subjective, that everything is fucking art.

I know that he's a retard and that it is amusing to see him go, but letting the same retard run free over and over is getting tiresome and boring.

It didn't. The guy went from scratch on every theme. Just like the first KI composer did with KI1 and 2.

That's just straight up sad, man. You're the one feeding me the more attention. With or without (You)s.

most*, not more. Angliche iz arde.

Dude's beyond saving, goddamn.

user, Both KI had the same composers, one it's none other that the man behind Time Splitters soundtrack and the other worked in Conker and even DKC.
Both worked in both games. And if you think the OSTs were not consistent, listen to Orchid's theme on KI 2 and compare to her theme in the first game.
Mick literally threw away everything that made the Orchid theme unique, and built something that just don't fit with past versions.

Mira, Riptor, Gears of War dude, and Aria got shafted when it came to themes.

Yeah. His name's Robin Beanland.
I wasn't talking about this consistency. This isn't the same theme. It's not like SF, when it's remix after remix after remix.

>Mick literally threw away everything that made the Orchid theme unique, and built something that just don't fit with past versions.
Hm… Weird. I thought KI3 was a reboot of the franchise…

And, to be honest, you can create a whole new theme that is good. Ryu's theme in EX is great. And had nothing to do with his SF 2 theme. The same with his Alpha 3 theme.
Listen to this theme from EX. It fits the character, it fits the theme and the game.
And it's not dubstep. That's also a plus.
One more thing, this themes must work in short bursts. That's why lyrics in fightans osts are hard to get right. The first two KI had very short phrases that worked well in the song. Mick made track that most people will never heard completely in the game. That's another mistake.
The Athena theme works because it's the only character with a theme like that and she is a singer. So, it fit's the character.

Yeah, nice way to ignore Graeme Norgate.
By the way user, thanks for saying SF had only remixes. You are new to fightans as I can see now.
This bullshit with remixes were not part of the series in the past, just recently.

And don't try that reboot excuse. You don't make reboots throwing new characters left and right. Even guests. You want a reboot, you do as MK 9 did, with no new characters in the main cast. Or, if you are going to create one, like Cyber Sub-Zero, you do it like they did, just changing one event, not creating something new.

Not made by Capcom.
The OST on the album has nothing to do with how the song is played in match. You have that 16+ hit that triggers a specific verse, as well as a specific follow up to it. When a match is done, the most part of the song you hear is the chorus. The exact same deal as "Kiiiiileeeeer!". Instead, it goes "Touch me and I'll break your face!".

By bringing KI3, you kinda did ignored Atlas Plug and Celldweller, if you wanna be nitpicking.
Don't act like you have a PhD in fighting games. Devs has the right to do whatever the fuck they want. It's called freedom. It's the best way to have something that will surprise you in a good way. To have something refreshing. To not walking in cycle forever.
Being called newfag and moron by a bunch of newfags and morons is always something special. Especially if they're weebs that can't accept criticism. Or just someone that has different POV than them. (after that, people wonders why this genre stays in his niche…)

Considering how often that happens, maybe the problem's with you all along?

Lemme guess, here comes the point where you start whining about BIAAAAAAAAAS

How often do you mean?
Nice meme.
Why do you keep answering to me anyway? I thought my posts should be reported, ignored, filtered.

If anyone gives a shit, some of the Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator steam backgrounds finally showed up
I'm calling it now: the next two backgrounds are going to be Jam and Dizzy.

since i didn't play any GoW, to me RAAM's theme is really good, and if it matters i couldn't care less if the "theme" of the characters isn't somehow connected to the older games, it's just music, and good music btw,
so the complainer, well, way to be a no fun allowed autist

Gee I dunno, you tell me, considering how triggered you get by words "retard" and "autist"

Ignoring doesn't make your cheese-eating /fighters/-shilling bias-crying manface-loving pattern-balding syntax-hating XBone-defending plugging-contoller-failing sucking-at-your-fightans-of-choice motherfucking ass surrender.

I like the SF2 movie version of Ryu's theme

Will any SF EX make it to SFV?!?

How do you know that I love cheese?
C'mooooooooooon…

Post your wishes for MVCI, no matter how unrealistic.

no because all the new characters in EX are owned by a different company

Gene
Captain Commando
Gambit
Mickey Mouse

Add Spiderman, Strider Hiryu and Dante/Vergil.

Speaking of MvC:I I'm quite scared of the stones, the other day I was playing on Fightcade Marvel Super Heroes just to try the stone shit again. It looked imbalanced as fuck with tons of gimmicks on it, also RNG.

If you are low on HP, random stone drops.
The first attack drops another stone.

But we already know that gems in MSH don't work the same way as they do in MvCI at all, where it's been confirmed to basically be X-Factor with multiple Grooves.

All I want is a good game.

I don't know why they thought adding stones would increase the number of viable characters. Shit like that never increases, always reduces.

Source on that stones=grooves user? I won't believe it still.

I would agree with you, however if it is true that the stones are going to be like grooves, then we may have Alpha 3, where Zangief was Top tier cause of A-groove.

If that happens, most probably all pros will be using the same two grooves.

archive.is/2sTxc
Grooves were also invoked in the several video interviews that happened in the wake of the game's announcement, notably the one that occurred on Sony's stream show for Playstation Experience.

Aaaaand here's the interview in question, I forget where exactly it happens, but I know for a fact that they compare somewhere in this the idea of picking a Stone as being equivalent, if not moreso, than picking a third character in MvC2/3.

MSHvSF has the best themes. I wish they would bring back the combo names when you would finish the round with a team super.

Well the character I really wanted to get added in MvC3 actually happened, and they turned her into complete trash. So now I don't want anyone I want to be added. The less reasons I have to play the game, the better it is for me.

Zero, Axl, Sigma and Colonel
I want a shit posting megaman X team.

Agreed, maybe MvCI will actually bring it back now that it's 2v2 again. It's weird how overlooked in general MSHvSF is, though having so fucking many shotos in a single roster really doesn't help.

twitter.com/AFGCNews/status/810082012560314368
Also NEC is today, GG pools soon

Yeah this and Rival Schools are rarely mentioned anymore. True it did have a lot of shotos
Cyclops

Also what;
twitter.com/AFGCNews/status/810167116561268737

"Unrealistic" is my nom de guerre. :^)

MSHvSF's roster was silly, to put it lightly.

Not much of a Marvel buff. Won't ask for more than Psylocke and Spiral…provided they're still curvy and bouncy like in COA (fat chance with [CURRENT YEAR] Marvel and Capcom).

There's some good GG Xrd Rev going on on Twitch right now.
twitch.tv/funkyp

This game is pretty fun

sf4 revival
reddit.com/r/SF4/
in b4 leddit

If SF4 gets back off the ground like melee did for two sequels in a row, it will be a big blow to crapcom and the moves they've been making lately. All I wanted was the general idea they promised which was SF3-esque with a balance between offense and defense. I'm personally all for offense but I didn't expect them to go overboard and beyond.

Also you said in b4 leddit not,

NEW BREAD