Kojimatech

In-engine screens from Decima Engine.

Texturing and lighting looks alright but is that the highest res they are showing it in?

Tell Kojima, Dorito Pope, and Sony they can call me when they have gameplay to show

Yeah. It was a twitter dump.

Given that they have been console exclusive for years I wouldn't be surprised if that is as good as it gets with upscaling for "4k".

did they keep in the normal maps? those are some really high-poly models if they didnt

Looks like they are trying to recapture the tech of the FoX engine.

When FoX engine became DeatH engine.

he's gonna come back stronger than ever.

kikenami BTFO

Glad I wasn't the only one who remembered those.

I always thought the horse ones were funny just because there was a horse inside of this clean nice office building inexplicably. Its sort of like when you fuck around in games by using the console to spawn random shit in the background of cut scenes.

Maybe this time he'll make a single video game.

Given the refractive index of the material used for the walls in that room, the corners of the ceiling should be WAY less dark. Light bounces, you motherfuckers. Yes, I know that it’s extremely intensive to model bouncing, but just do ONE bounce instead of trying to run it continuously.

If the Fox engine can look this good, why did MGSV look so shitty?

PS4

Open world game.

Limitations of the consoles, you know, as always.
Remember, they still have to force it to work with last gen consoles, for fuck sake.

Incase anyone's wondering what the tank is it's an M-10 Wolverine.

I wasn't wondering you fucking nerd.

prick

XOF engine is fantastic for indoor environments but, like all engines, looks like shit outdoors.

This is a problem a ton of games have and even going back to MGS2 and 3 where MGS2 looks so much better than 3 because the outdoor environment looks unnatural and shitty. Good example of the FOX engine looking fantastic would have been the opening Hospital scene.

I'm just yankin' your chain pal.

And Death Stranding is a PS4 exclusive. How does that make it any better?

Because tech demos of a single room aren't representative of everything a game needs to handle or even a typical scene.

It's not but I don't blame you for thinking so, considering how little Sony seems to want them to tell people otherwise.

Every time the fall for it.

they even
Also nice dubs me

After MGSV success on PC I don`t fucking think so.

It would be the jewish move of the year if that`s true.

It's hard to tell.
A few sources have reported that a PC port could be very likely.
It's still up in the air tbh

FoXDiE Engine

It'd still be a port.

Besides, nothing stopping you from dropping these models into Unreal Engine 4 and rendering out a few still shots, making it look equally good.

Static shots != Game

Yah come back when there's some fucking gameplay

It's not, they have never specified if it is and multiple sources indicate it isn't. Both Sony and Microsoft and coming around to the fact that their consoles failed and Sony isn't going to nuke Kojima's next premier project because of a desperate last bid to get people to buy their shit console.

I'd find it… shocking.

so what will be the game about ? what genre ?

Because it wasn't designed to for outdoor environments, comparing how the game looked when you went in interiors it was clinical but full of detail while the engine couldn't handle exteriors so they downgraded it.

Most likely it's a timed exclusive.

Makes you wonder why they fucking stuck with the stupid Open World Gimmick instead of traditional stealth based on various interlocking in and outdoor locations

Was Kojima really that obsessed with GTAV? MGSV had the potential to be one of the best looking games in recent memory but they threw it away for an empty, boring, sandbox that looke

I'd tell you all the design decisions that made it make sense to make it open world but this would end up being a discussion where you either call me a shill or kojimafag

So I'm not even gonna bother

It sounds like you don't have an actual arguement to make if your just gunna bitch out on me like that user, wasn't even being hostile about it, just bemoaning how much of a waste the Fox Engine was on a game that didn't even properly use it

Kojima for an inane reason caved into pressure and lost faith in himself. MGS V would've been good gameplay wise if they had large enough areas for the game to still keep it a combat sandbox, maybe even connect all of it together once you finish areas so it could become open-world. Also the side missions were awful repeated garbage, it really was a generic AAA, the CoD of the series like how GTA V was. It still would've been shoddy anyway because of how the camera worked but they could've tweaked it. It also would've been better if he cared about the story and gave us what we wanted, it wasn't all Konami's fault i.e. missions that don't relate to you as the characters and not becoming a villain. It would've been better if it had real guns. It would've been better if there was more than Afghan and Angola-Congo.

Go back to Reddit or kill yourself, pussy.

My favourite vidya buzzword. Besides 'fun'.

Doesn't have the Title "Metal Gear" in it?

Majority of gamers will ignore it, just like every other game Kojima released outside of Metal Gear.

Way to go faggot, you created a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I believe you, please list.

MGSV makes sense in being Open World because Kojima was responding to the people that complained for half a decade about how many cutscenes there were in 4. People complained it took away from the gameplay, he went the complete opposite way.

Of course, being the hipster that he is, he didn't want to have no story in there, so what was the best way to not take away control from the player but still delivering some story?
Casettes and audio discussions.

But how can you listen to these long stretches of dialogue if you're constantly in action? This is why there is so much empty space inbetween settlements, because you're supposed to listen to the audio tapes while you're going from mission to mission.

You're also supposed to unlock all the Quick Travel Box stops in the settlements you visit, so when you want to rivisit the region you don't actually have to travel the long distances.

That's it, design wise it makes perfect sense. The space inbetween the settlements barely matters once you visited the whole game either way, I have no fucking clue why people keep complaining.

Well to be fair, AFAIK you have to get licenses to use the 3d gun models in your game, which could run up a hefty bill on a game konami was already pissed at kojima for wasting money on, other than that I completly agree Kojima wasted so much time on stupid shit that the most important aspects of the games, story and gameplay, suffered

We didn't need to get AAA Hollywood Actors like Kiefer Sutherland play BB, much less do extensive facial mocap

I don't mind David Hayter for Snake but Bigby was a big guy who looked like he didn't sound like a 20-year old choking on gravel, Kief sounded off but it was better than Hayter.

Kiefer actually cost less than Hayter.

People are trying to play MSG5 like Grand Theft Auto. GTA sort of set the standard in that regard. Changing the formula without changing player perception is where the whining comes from. Kojima's design is fine.

Exactly.
Of course all the complaints about missing content are completely legitimate. The game isn't finished, but gameplay and design wise MGSV is pretty much as perfect as you can get.

That is like 80% of the games' industry problems right now. Too many wannable movie directors. Kojima got lucky that his taste and style worked for the average gamer which were conspiracy theories(true too) and anime.

By adding large, completely unskippable amounts of padding?
So rather than have some good cutscenes that can be skipped by people complaining about them, he makes it so that everyone has to waste their time with long stretches of traveling across fucking nothing and only include shitty audio-only cutscenes instead what people who previously liked how story was delivered would have liked it.
So you inevitably have to endure large amounts of pointless padding either way for no good reason other than to fill for time.
No, it's shitty design that does wrong what all the other MGS games did right - story being optional to the experience and not intruding on gameplay, while being well delivered to those that didn't opt out.

I understand where you're coming from. The issue is that it's a horrible solution to a problem that could have been fixed by better writing. The Issue of replacing cutscenes with road trip audio logs is that while the cutscene to gameplay ratio in MGS4 is universally panned, the gameplay outside of the cut scenes is universally praised, it was genuinely the best of the series at that point and arguably still to this day. MGSV on the other hand gives you the worst of both worlds with long, boring stretches of land in an empty open word with a poorly pieced together story. As a TPS, TPP would have been a 5/5 for me, the problem with it arises when you add in the horribly boring open world aspect, as well as the repetitive missions and constantly reused areas for missions, making the game look even more content dry.

I don't think I have to explain to anyone why the story is stupid, presumably you've all played it or given up due to disappointment, not only was it half-finished, it was half-baked to begin with. Body Doubles? That sounds like some retarded fan theory that the Gay Theory guy would put out a video on, and yet that was supposed to be the actual conclusion to the game. That aside the villain and supporting cast are extremely weak and really don't do much of anything, the casettes don't do much to help that other than give the player some sort of background on them that most people who've played all the MGS games before already know

Overall, I can see what Kojima was trying to do, but it fell flat on it's face and made the open world feel extremely inferior to the incredibly well-designed Camp Omega from GZ

Source? Hilarious if true, Hayter was incredibly salty about not getting the part but I never even thought it was a money concern

Uh, no, I went in expecting it to play like an MGS game in a sandbox setting and what I got was a few scattered compounds and bases across map too big for there to be any real purpose to other than to pad the length of the game along, the missions could have easily been played like GZ was, with closed in, yet still open and well-designed areas, and maybe even like said where you could unlock the open world where all these individual areas unlock after you beat the game, or whatever, but how the game plays in it's final state is vastly inferior to even what GZ was

Who the fuck skipped the cutscenes on the first time they played? The whole point playing Metal Gear is the story.
You mean the audio tapes you can not play and the distances you can travel by using the Box Delivery System or the helicopter? You stupid or something?
At this point I don't know what you're talking about. By using quick travel you don't waste any time at all.

I don't think you either played the game at all or know anything about game design.
Please kys

It's not the large stretches of land you have to travel that we're complaining about you mororn, its the lack of use of that space, the few actual points of interest on both maps are horribly boring to begin with, and you are forced to revisit them time and time again to do nearly the exact same thing you did there last time due to the asset reuse and the repetitive mission structure that the game has, that's my problem with the vast open world, not that it's a chore to go through, but that it's wasted potential for actual things in the map, versus unused space.

Kill yourself you dumb nigger

I just explained to you why that space is there, to listen to the fucking tapes. If you don't want to listen to the tapes you don't listen to them and use once of the two ways you have to transport yourself.

Jesus christ nigger, how fucking thick are you?

PS4

We're talking about video games, fam.
But in order to use quick travel you still have to travel across the vast nothingness anyways. You can't skip your first trek across the map. Finding quick travel points to skip the pointless fluff in your game is not good design - why even put the pointless fluff in the first place? Just to listen to audio cutscenes? Great.

You also haven't even countered the fact that it's a shitty design for people that want to see that story and for people that don't want to be bothered by it. In MGSV much of the story is delivered by audio logs, which is a huge downgrade to the fully choreographed cutscenes of older MGS games. For people that don't want to be bothered by the story, they still have to go across the vast empty maps that you're expected to use to listen to the story, which is a downgrade compared to other games where you could just skip it all and get straight to the game.

Also forgot to note that it's audio:video cutscene ratio is somehow worse than MGS1, which is pretty sad.

My maths teacher told me that the ending of MGSV is just you sitting in a car for 20 minutes while some guy explains the ending. That's what these people get for complaining about the cutscenes in MGS4 which were fucking great and actually advanced the story fluently.

I'm not even going to bother reading further. Video games are composed of Gameplay, Visuals, Story and Music. Some games have more of one thing and there's nothing wrong to enjoy the game because of that.

And I just explained here why that's a horrible trade off and a dumb idea that lessens the gameplay and the story, I don't care about fucking tapes, no one does, there's a reason audiologs have been a fucking joke in vidya for years now, its an incredibly lazy way of story telling, especially for a series that has been known for it's well presented story, with the exception of PW that couldn't really pull it off that well due to tech limitations. and even then there were the comic book styled cutscenes to compensate, so there's no excuse

and before you go "B-but people complained about the cutscenes in MGS4 that's why kojima changed it" When the fuck had kojima ever caved to fan input, only time he's conceeded on certain aspects of the game are when his team told him killing off Otacon and Snake in 4 would be too depressing, and that was back when he wasn't at George Lucas levels of praise by everyone, by V what he said was God himself's word, no one was telling him what he could or could not do.

I expect nothing less from the user that wasn't even going to argue his point earlier because he was afraid people on the internet were going to be mean to him

If you wanted story than MGSV isn't for you, because it delivers it worse than any previous MGS game. Not only that but the method for delivering said story invades on the gameplay much more than regular cutscenes would have.

I don't waste my time with someone that actually opens their argument like that. You're a retard. It's like if your first line was about criticizing me about reddit spacing or calling me Holla Forums.
You're a retard, you don't argue with retards because it's a waste of time.

feels bad

Opens their argument with their opinion? Is that not what a discussion and an argument are all about? The competition of ideas? You're being a faggot user, and a hypocritical one for doing exactly what you accused the rest of us doing here

Gold Star for ignoring all of our actual points though, pretty impressive

I think Kojima is just incapable of telling a story in a more minimalist way like Valve used to back in the HL1 days.

There are in fact way more ways to tell your vidya story than just cut scenes or lock the player in a room while a guy talks to you, you just need to be more creative and pay far more attention to designing your environment.

I don't think the Audio Logs dragged down SS1 or SS2, games that both have a lot of audio logs, I just don't think Kojima has enough experience in how to implement them, I mean GZ the game that your complimenting had audio logs too but It was way more polished in delivery and presentation.

Wow! Where's the gameplay?

How is criticizing my opinion their opinion? Are you being serious right now?

I discussed with a bunch of people in the thread that actually wanted to discuss it. user clearly doesn't want to, so why should I bother?

The game just fucking started development, they probably have a barely working prototype yet.
Why would they have any gameplay footage yet?

wew lad, aren't you a riot?

Still waiting for the rebuttal to how MGSV somehow doesn't deliver story in a worse way than previous MGS games.

I was making a long post to reply to the faggot with a thick skull who thinks wading through nothingness is good because you can use it to listen to cutscenes & other "things that makes sense to me" but it was stuck at 100%, any help would be appreciated, sage for off-topic.

Why would they put out Traliers and "In-Engine" like every other AAA trash then? It's okay when Kojima does it?

To advertise the engine maybe?

Not a new engine though, Guerilla games has used it in the past, Kojima literally just got permission from Sony to use it because he thought it looked cool.

I for one would love to see footage of early placeholder un-textured maps and T-posing enemy's fighting against naked Norman Reedus.

Might be This

You never know, they could make a bunch of cash by selling their engine to buyers.

Hayter costs $4,000,000 for MGS 4, Kief was $500,000.

Nigga what. They make trailers so people have something to chew on and advertise the game more, and to show off the new engine.

Have you tried turning off your PC?

and then turning it back on

The future is exciting

So they are already shopping it around?

Considering Hayter's performance in MGS4….Christ Kief got absolutely shorted all things considered

Maybe

You can't ruse me, Kojimbo.

So they've got a graphics system… good for them.

Until they've got all the other systems running on the same hardware at a solid 60fps this shit is meaningless.

How about advertising a game on gameplay because people are going to buy the game instead of the fucking engine. stop being hype monkeys

Considering Kiefer is "real Hollywood" and was referred to Kojima by a Jewish Producer while Hayter supposedly gave up half of his pay in Twin Snakes just to get the rest of the original cast back, I'm going to wait for proof before I believe that.

Though if Kiefer was paid less compared to previous series actors it's probably because he barely said a damn word the whole game.

And people shit on the cinematic and "in-engine" trailers of other AAA studios for not accurately representing what the game is going to be like and just building hype off of nothing. They give you nothing to chew on but empty hype-mongering.

First quote meant for

Can't wait to see the circle jerk over Decima when it just like Fox Engine is a merely cromulent engine with no special features over other engines.

Expect a downgrade.

BRAVO KONAMI!

*Kojima

You're late

Or given how poorly most engines handle reflections, it may not be reflecting anything other than light sources and world geometry, or maybe only objects located very close to it. Either way, it's not that great a sign.

MGSV is a Skyrim clone
Its a very good game, but it suffers from being a skyrim clone.

Point to where I sounded hyped for anything in my post

We are certainly getting MGS3-tier bosses in this one. Both trailers hinted at it.

No idea what to expect for the boss battle now
I haven't seen the second trailer yet due to avoiding the hype.

wew lad
There's two possibles for that, it's either only rendering basic geometry or it's a texture layered over an object and distorted.
I assume the latter considering that's how most games do it.

You should beat MGS3. Its a solid experience, and one of handful of games i consider perfect, like clothes without a stain. Its also relatively short compared to mgs4 and 5, so get to it.

Can it be emulated correctly yet?

1,600,000 than, I think he charged for $400 an hour.

It can, but without some lightning effects. At least you can get better resolution on pc, than on ps2.

Have some lazy OC

Yes and Kiefer did a ridiculous number of hours, so by the hour he got paid significantly less than kiefer.

I really hope it's a good TPS

We don't cut into freaks around here. Scram, weirdo

Generally speaking, the premise looks interesting, but I don't know. The fact that he's just showing us celebrities is worrying.

Reedus, Mikkelsen, Del Toro. Feels like he's hoping he could sell the game on those three names/appearances. Without telling us anything about it.

what is supposed to be impressive about this?

I wasn't expecting MGSV discussion in this thread, but I have to say some of the criticisms I see here are really overstated. This is going to be a long one.

First of all, traveling in this game isn't much of an issue as people make it out to be, and this comes from someone who can't stand forced walking sections in games like The Last of Us, or the pseudo-cutscenes of Half Life 2. Plus, you can (1) use the box delivery stations for fast travel as you unlock them, or (2) simply ride the chopper, the only real problem there being a loading screen, when it should have been seamless transition across the map.
They're unskippable because you can be attacked when you're reaching a destination, like landing right on an enemy base/encampment, or close to a vehicular unit that has an attack helicopter.

Secondly, the open world. I agree it's lacking in some areas, but that's to be expected given this is the first try at an open world game for Kojima and his team (not to mention Konami fucking up the development process). Not just him, but Jap devs in general. People often say the world of Dragon's Dogma feels empty, but that doesn't stop the gameplay itself from being praised (and if you want to talk about - slowly - traveling long stretches of empty land, look no further than that game). On top of that, it makes a bit of sense for it to be empty because it's a warzone. It's way more jarring driving across a street in a game like GTA and see no traffic or pedestrians. MGSV on the other hand, makes no false promises about there being any civilians/friendly NPCs, or any other interaction besides combat in the battlefield. There's no illusion, what you see is what you get.

Thirdly, when it comes to the moment-to-moment gameplay and number of useful tools you have at any given time, V is without a doubt the best in the series. Light, visibility and sound play more important roles, and elements like speed and distance have a wide spectrum range; at some points you're moving at a crawl pace (ideal for achieving the Total Stealth bonus in main missions), and other times you're blasting through a base on a fucking tank (good for side-ops). At extremely long distances, snipers are effective, especially because of the open world aspect means you can attack from any angle, and at close-distance you have the more powerful and expanded CQC.
As much as people express the opinion that GZ was better designed, the reality is many of the aforementioned aspects wouldn't have the same importance if V was structured like GZ. Vehicles, day/night cycle, dynamic weather, most buddies, and a bunch of different play styles would be utterly pointless in that scenario. You can argue that you just prefer more of the same, but for that there's already 4 other games in the series that play out like you want, but it was clear Kojima wanted to try something different for a very long time.

Finally, there's a lot of repetitiveness in MGSV, sure, but there's also a lot of room for variation if you care enough to try it, and especially for self-imposed challenges which are highly recommended (I played without Reflex mode, X-ray vision and markers from the start). And honestly, I see that as being no different than playing different builds in an RPG, or go out of your way to play stylishly in a character action game. On a side note, I like the design choice of secondary objectives for squeezing out content, which encourage you to visit specific corners on the map, do certain tasks, and adopt different play styles that you normally wouldn't bother with. Also, the adaptive difficulty which doesn't get enough recognition. There are plenty of things to love about MGSV.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is some textbook MGSV apologia, I feel like I'm on the forums back when the game came out.
if you can make the game fun for yourself by adding in those artificial limitations, imagine how much fun it could have been for everyone by being better fucking designed and balanced.

Regardless, it doesn't invalidate my position. You either care for what the core gameplay has to offer, or you don't. Beating yourself up because a game isn't balanced enough is a pointless endeavor, as very few games are fine-tuned to perfection. There's almost always an exploit (either as a glitch, or an oversight) that can completely undermine parts that were meant to be challenging.

If you do enjoy it, you'll try out things that will make the experience more compelling for you, that's why I mentioned playing with different builds in an RPG, or playing stylishly in a character action game. This isn't required to reach a game's conclusion, but if the foundation is good enough, people will go seek out more ways to have fun. This is why SL1 or no-death challenge runs are popular with Souls games, or Ghost runs in Thief, because they are designed well enough to encourage people to do it. Mods and user made patches are no different, and because of that the life of games like Doom has been greatly expanded, and make Bethesda remotely enjoyable.
If you don't enjoy it, well, you'll find every little thing wrong with it, only focus on that and disregard everything that doesn't fit your narrow perspective. If I'm making apologies, you're doing the exact opposite of that.

*and make Bethesda games

Kojima is a god of video games and last good director and author.
He's the only hope this shit industry have left.

Death Stranding is also open world

This is kojima's "game".

I have a question for you user: what Kojima titles have you finished?

mgs 1 and 2

Okay, so you've never played ZoE, Snatcher, Policenauts, Boktai, or any of his other games, yet you shitpost about his games not being games?

You're right,v he's been working on those the past several years.

He was working on another ZoE like two or three years ago but it was cancelled by Konami because of third-party company fucking up a HD Remaster.
He's been attempting to get away from MGS since 2, but Kojima kept wanting him to make more because it was a highly profitable franchise.

That's some good apologia.

He didn't make ZoE. He was a producer for the series which, as far as I'm aware, is a role meant to oversee the budget, and has little to no input on the artistic vision or gameplay.

didn't mean to sage

Producers still have signification influence on a product.
He also was going to have a bigger role in ZoE before that was shitcanned. FUCKING HIGH VOLTAGE STUDIOS

That's not a valid retort or rebuttal. You've only played one of his series, the most recent game of his you played is from 2001, he made non-MGS games after 2001 like Boktai and you claimed he wasn't working on any other games when he was.
In his last few years at Konami he attempted to make two non-MGS games, both of which were cancelled. You can shit on Kojima all you want, but you can't truthfully claim he wasn't trying to branch out from MGS or that it was his fault those games were canned.

And it was enough to be disgusted by what he and you fags consider "gameplay"

You could actually refute anything I'm saying or you could ignore most of my post and throw around ad-hominems like you just did.
I hate to quote ebin ancap man, but what you're doing is not an argument. You're making assertions without reasoning, you're using insults rather than refuting anything.

It's quite simple yet you fail to understand it.
I played some of kojima's games. They were garbage. They left me with no desire to try any more of his shit. It's that simple.
But then again I bet everything that's bad about his "games" is konami's fault.

So, when do we get more info on this? Kinda want to know more about the setting. Too bad that there isn't more info on the gameplay though.

Please tell me that's a real emoji.

So it's a Tech Demo. These kind of graphics are nothing new within a small space like that. Fill an entire level with this and you can be sure to kill your PS4. Only some high-end PCs might be able to get this above 40fps at best.

Well look how well optimized MGSV any GX were, and they had fantastic graphics.

Have you seen infamous on ps4? That shit had a lot of really impressive detail. It's a good engine.

thank god. PC engines these days are bloated as fuck and produce garbage results for all the resources they suck up.

They still make those?

please don't bring up one of the best systems to ever exist when the worst platform is being discussed.

You fags are forgetting that MGSV was also on last-gen consoles (PS3 and Xbox 360).

The only firsthand source that mentioned the possibility of a PC was a Q&A interview that Sony later took down.

All the promotional material only mentions PS4 as the platform and Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) has some credited involvement with Mark Cerny (the PS4's lead architect) as the technical director. All signs seem to indicate that it'll be PS4-exclusive.

I'm hoping I'm wrong and there's a PC port down the line, since I'm not really interested in the PS4 at the moment.

would be best if it never comes to the PC.

Why? Just so you can have another bloodborne to justify your PS4?

You guys realize it will be 10 years before this comes out, right? And it will be completely unrecognizable when it does.

Those are good things you know.

because you people are cancer

Are you the same faggot who blames everything wrong about dark souls on PC players?

No that's me. I think the obsession with 60fps ruined the cinematic feel of souls games, luckily we still have Bloodborne which is far superior to the Demons Souls leftovers PCfags got.

What am I looking at.

pffhahahah
Magnificent.

Ancient and powerful bait, user.

Not an argument.