Lost Odyssey is free on 360/Xbone until the end of the month

majornelson.com/2016/12/14/lost-odyssey-and-blue-dragon-are-now-available-digitally-lost-odyssey-free-for-limited-time/?linkId=32388564

Celebrating how successful X360 backwards compatibility has been on the Xboner, both Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon are now available digitally for both X360 and Xbone. In addition, anyone with a Microsoft account can grab Lost Odyssey for free until the end of the month. It works on both X360 and Xbone digitally, and XBL Gold isn't required.

Neat!

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/majornelson/status/809443413619855360
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's because it's shit.

Nigger I will FIGHT you.

That's cool that they're actually doing it, but I thought that they already did this, or it was an "accidental" glitch

how big is the download?

You're gonna need a bigger HDD.

Believe it or not, the 360 was actually a decent console at one point.

Thanks for the headsup. I have a physical copy of Lost Odyssey, just thought I'd DL for shits and giggles.

at least you're not shilling for paid shit

You might as well redeem the free copy, doesn't cost you anything and discs don't last forever.

Not shilling, just thought fags here might want to know about it.

Actual free or we talking another fucking thing like they pulled with Borderlands?

Actually free.

What happened with borderlands?

Bait and switch probably.

"Oops did we say free we meant free trial"

Fuck me.

Ok thanks MICROSOFT, not putting a game ON YOUR PLATFORM.

Atleast it's not "Just sign up here, with your credit-card, and if you're not sending mail to this and this place, get confirmation from third-party that it is you, glhf, you've got a subscription with atleast 3 months cancellation-time".

It could've been worse.

Xbone is still around?

Yeah, their answer to the PS4 Pro is coming next year too.

The ending is shit.

The beginning is amazing.

PS4 is still around?

Sounds like a Randy Pitchford thing. He's desperate for shekels these days.

How many here have actually gotten to play Lost Odyssey already?

I don't think it will let me "purchase" it without downloading. I checked "my games" on the home screen and it wasn't there.

You normally have to "get" it, and then you can cancel the download if you don't want to install it. That will add it to your games list.

how could you not include that?

I can buy it on xbox.com, however I currently have "no valid payment options". So I guess I gotta give em my debit card info to make that work.

If I buy it through the console, can I download it to a usb drive and thus circumvent the 20GB hdd?

I think so, but I haven't actually gotten to mess with a usb drive for it. Hopefully it works, but you might have to format the usb drive specifically for the console.

Well that's neat. Shame I don't have a 360 or Xbone, as that's one 360 game I'd actually like to play.

I can accept pedos and even people who play MOBA but this is literal heresy.

The 360 actually had Japanese support for a few years. The xbox brand wasn't always American trash, it is astonishing how much they drove it in the ground. Sad really now there's no competition for Sony.

IIRC in the beginning most decent sized downloaded games required a proper harddrive, but I think at some point they made it so you can format just about anything to use as long as it has the space and don't mind, y'know, formatting it.

That's most likely correct.

More than a few.

Should I get Raiden V for my Xbone?

I played it a few years ago, excellent game and it's going to go down in history as one of the last classical JRPGs. Strongly suggest it to anyone looking for a good challenge, some great story, and isn't put off by reading.

mobile.twitter.com/majornelson/status/809443413619855360

Catherine and Clannad(!) are now BC on Xbone.

Tip Top Tier JRPG, shame it's doomed to the XBONE forever and will enver get the recognition it deserves.

Never buy digital versions of these games if your intent is to play them on the Xbone. Go get physical copies, they're dirt fucking cheap. I got a complete Blue Dragon for $5.

I already own the physical copies of both games from years ago, they're pretty good although Blue Dragon wasn't as fun when I broke it and was way overpowered in the middle of the game from what I remember

REPENT OR DIE

About the only good part about the xbone is that it only uses the disc for drm. It downloads a copy off MS's servers instead of using your disc.

The fact that a console has DRM of any kind indicates that even the only good part of the xbone isn't good at all

Its the same sort of DRM that has been present in every console since the NES, you mong.

It's still a shit thing, that's my point

You are literally retarded. It doesnt need a fucking internet connection, you put the disc in the fucking drive and play the fucking game.

I've actually been meaning to play it for years but was always too lazy to pick it up. Going to hook up the dusty 360 again just to download this, thanks for letting me know.

those memory sequences were something special

Wait, Blue Dragon is free too?

FEAR AND AWE

Not that I can see. Its just backwards compatible now

I bought Raiden V for my Xbone, how'd I do?

Good job.

To be fair, every game they're publishing is going to be on PC as well from now on. ReCore, Gears 4, Forza Horizon 3 were all PC/Xbone crossbuy on launch. Halo Wars 2, Sea of Thieves, Scalebound, and others are gonna be the same.

Now, I own an Xbone anyway (it was the cheapest 4k Bluray player out there and FUCK WINDOWS 10) but I think it's fair to say that they're treating PC gamers a lot better nowadays.

Why is she so lewd?

gay because you have an XB1

i downloaded it for the 360 its 16 GB you cant use a USB drive to play it, just format the USB to fat32

you can*

you don't want a port of this game its mostly a book that happens to have a game built around it.

thanks m8, I'm gonna order a big USB and format it to fat32 as you say.

how horrifying

You are brain no worky gud

Any other games do veiny tits like Ming's? I don't think I've ever seen another game do it.

how so?

Could get one for 100 bucks delivered next week, but this being Christmas season I don't know if delivery will even bother.

you might as well grab an xbone off eBay for that price, since nearly all the good 360 titles work on it now

i remember analyzing that trailer frame by frame
i miss my mw2 bros

Yes, he didn't create Fallout but he pretty much defined what it is today, so he is the mastermind.

I was here before /new/ become /stormfront/. Twitter/eceleb threads are not "their own kind of cancer" it's the exact same shit. You look at OPs post and you think that it's made without any kind of irony? It's just baiting a reaction, pure and simple. Nobody's conspiring with anyone, it's just shitposting. You're the only person to go "huuuuurrrrr Holla Forumstards actually believe this, that's why I go to reddit like a true intellectual, anybody who disagrees with my is a conspiracy theorist! All those threads made by Sonyponies who were very angry about Dork Souls getting ported were absolutely not ironic!"

AMD Phenom II 3 core 3ghz
Radeon 7870 2GB
12GB DDR3

Medium settings 1080p, never drops below 40 fps, often above 60. No stuttering. It surprised me considering how crap my cpu is.

more importantly how fun is that game?

shh dont fucking tell him

Nothing better than owning your favorite game user. It's just money, stop being poor and get a job.

You know I'd accept it if it was AS complex as HoI2 or 3. But I'm just not getting that vibe and when I asked elsewhere, people said it was a great thing that they removed a lot of the mechanics from HoI3 because they didn't understand them.

This scares me.

Paradox used to have 4 different fanbases that all got 4 slightly different but similar things. EU4 and CK2 are now the same fanbase. I'm very worried HoI4 is meant to appeal to the same casual clicker players that want something fun but not too deep.

fucking spammers

nigger it's free

is 360->xbone bc legit? huge->360 bc a shit

jesus christ the guy from deep purple sang this

>Hear this fucking song on the first boss fight.
>"This is the beginning? Holyshit, does every boss fight get its own awesome song?
>"Maybe the beginning ends after disc one?
>It's still the beginning all the way up until I get a fatal freeze in the same place on disc 3 every time.
God dammit life is disappointing. I still never finished this game, and probably never will unless a 360 emulator comes out in the distant future so I can use a powerful PC to fast forward all the slow as gameplay.

Holy shit that's the 216 stage coach in machete I've been on that bus so many times allot of fucking lolcows on there

Only the first disc was worth playing

For the games that are supported, they run better than on 360. It was kinda shit at the beginning but it's definitely legit now, after a year of updates to the emulation.

This is where the xbone beats the ps4. It's a crock of shit how you have to pay for "renting" ps3 games on ps4. Hell they don't even have demons souls on that renting service.

that's not relevant now is it.

It's honestly the main reason I bought an Xbone. I wanted to play some 360 games, and it was a similar price to get a 500GB Xbone than to get a 500GB 360. Figured it would be worth the extra money for shit like Raiden V and whatever else I'd want to play.

Consoles are the physical manifestation of DRM.

kek

The only reason to own a ps4 is bloodborne and even then it's not worth owning now because the online part is all but dead like demons souls on ps3.