Dorf advent mode

Post your stories
FUCK
some artistic liberties were taken

was your ego too big to do it or did you really not know about the dialogue option?

It was the right decision.

The guards were a piece of cake.
The vampire was a problem.
I knew about the dialogue option but I didn't know that it caused nearby people to ally with you. I thought all it did was "expose" the character so people would attack him, not that the guards were going to stop attacking me.

well i guess it doesnt quite cause people to ally with you per day, but it does cause people to not attack you if you attack the night creature

checking those

Clean out your fucking basement, dammit.

I feel slightly overwhelmed right now.

What's a new carp/sponge?

Hoo boy. Let me tell you the tale of Grazghul Markularmash (probably not his exact name, it's been a while). Better take a seat, it's a bit of a spiel.

But wait, it gets even better.

(checked)
What, you mean what will slaughter your fishermen? Giant sponges will break their fucking legs and drag them into the water to drown. Good luck recovering their corpses without losing more men. Archers can't kill the fuckers either.

Where is the next part?

(cont)

To recap, I cut this guy all over the place, he's lost enough blood to open a bar for vampires, i've knocked (most of) his teeth out, shredded one of his eyes and broken 3/4 of his skeleton, yet he's still standing. And he's kicking my ass.

Never crossed paths with him again, but for all I know he's still out there. Blind, limbless, toothless, bleeding all over. Still swearing revenge. Still tracking me down. Waiting for the moment I let my guard down. Waiting…

I'm disappointed.

I went back after a while to finish our business, Mr. Trips. I never found him so I gave up after a while.

I am new to Dwarf Fortress Adventure mode, and I will admit I am mostly playing just so I can try being a necromancer, but that hasn't worked out so well. I can't get into the necromancer tower because there's an ocean of undead that will kill me easily. So I've heard the easiest way is to just become a vampire. And the easiest way to become a vampire is to hunt a vampire and drink its blood. Only problem is I can't get a quest to kill a vampire. Every time I ask the locals for "Any troubles?" and they say "Beasts.." I ask about the beasts and get "Go kill this collosal titan of shit fucking whocares." and nothing about night creatures or vampires. What am I doing wrong?

Its just a matter of luck, really. Try using the Event Log. If nothing else, find a temple or sanctuary on the map and knock over a statue inside it. That counts as "defiling a temple" and whatever deity the place is to will curse you with either vampirism or lycanthropy. Its random, so you can savescum it if you want, save before you knock it over and then end the game's process if you become a werecreature, and try again.

Also, and you may already know this, you'll wanna use blunt weapons like warhammers against the undead, with boosted vampire strength you'll explode their heads easily.

I did not know that about blunt weapons. But once I become a vampire, won't the undead be friendly to me, and I won't have to kill them?

Anyway, what does a temple or sanctuary look like on the map?

Shit, I guess so. Undead hunt out creatures with the {LIVING} tag and vampires are technically dead.

You'll just find them in decently large human towns, they're somewhat rare though. Again, its a lot of luck.

okay I found a temple and toppled a statue, and got cursed. How do I know which cursed I was given?

If your thirst indicator is red, then you're a vampire. If you're a werebeast then you'll transform next full moon.

I want a pupper like that.

Rimworld is superior now. Toady was too slow. Didn't prioritize the right things. I almost feel bad for him.

You can't make baseless statements and leave it at that. Sell me on Rimworld at least.

Rimworld is kinda like Dorf Fort except you'll probably only have several (6-8) people at most, there's no Z levels and you get flash-game-tier art instead of ascii.

This was a while ago.
>siege
>my singular boxed off vampire accountant continues living in an obsidian prison deep underground
>there is no pick in said prison
>if the world didn't suffer from frame death, no doubt ghosts would have spooked him to death

Adventurer mode > Fortress mode

One time I made a mod that gave creatures lewd parts

Gameplay is better though. And now you get multiple forts. Something you wont see in dorf fort until 2020

user, I hate to tell you, but Legends mode is what DF is. Fortress and adventure modes are more-or-less the kitchen sink.

Man, I'm willing to try it, but z-levels are what makes fort-building to addicting. Just creating this massive simulated 3d space.

After much deliberation in the testing arena I have come to the conclusion that playing adventure mode as an archer is physically impossible because bows suck too much

Dude, I think you found Goblin Guts.

I hate shit like this when playing adventure mode

nightcrawlers are literally overpowered

whoops meant bogeyman

What legendary pokemon is that supposed to be? Entei?

ARGGHHHHHHHHHHH

I would guess so

Well, that's dwarf fortress for you. Here's another one from the same character at an earlier point

Does anyone else find it fun to sometimes just torture the shit out of someone in that game? Nothing better than the feeling of choking someone out, you see all the attack options go blue… Feels so in control. Start taking out the legs and arms one by one, and then sadistically end the elven menace!

This world is fucking crazy, why are post-apocalyptic rape gangs stalking the forests?

You deserve it for being a retard.

Shitty. Doesn't need to be adding shit like music until the game is good.

Just don't use cage traps man. It's easier to break a siege than that, even.

Getting some performance abilities and playing a warrior poet or a bard seems like it'd be quite fun.

Or maybe he could pretend to be a game designer

Okay, I'm interested. How do I play a crabman?

Waiting for next update, i really want to hunt artifacts

You might need to gen a few different worlds. Usually there's a number of civilized man-beasts to play as. Some like elephant men are practically walking tanks.

insectoids are really small (size of a child) so basically anything bigger than a goblin is a serious threat, i wanted to play a scorpionman with 8 shields and high kicking skills (tail uses this skill), but i couldn't even carry half of the shields even with super high strength

there is an option somewhere to start as any kind of animal people as long as it existed in the world history at some point, no need for an entire civ of them

Thank you, Anons.

This isn't adventure mode but can someone tell me what in the fuck is going on
Before I flood my fort with lava to purge the support class menace, is there any possibilities I can get these motherfuckers to get jobs?

I can only assume that every civilization on the planet has died out except for a small caravan of human minstrels, cursed to endlessly roam the barren wastes in search of one of the few remaining holdouts of civilization to mooch off of.

Apocalypse Gypsies?

Hitler help me

what about hummies and dorfs?

I tend to just poke at this game occasionally, but is there really no way to manage or set rules/limits for what NPC visitors can do?

You can just murder them shake your head and lament they didn't follow security protocols.

Both unavailable as playable races and presumably extinct.
It would let me play as a Goblin, though.

ZTD ruined Zero Escape forever

I don't think a studio that's a subsidy of the company that makes the console has much of a choice.

Have you tried reclaiming the fort?

Probably going to try it in adventure mode later some day. Right now more in mood for trying to set up my comfy fortress.