Hypothetically speaking, how would you react if the WiiU version of BotW got cancelled?

Hypothetically speaking, how would you react if the WiiU version of BotW got cancelled?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4MzG6lDA1A0
archive.fo/UxaXo
archive.fo/u0voV
steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They kind of need to cancel it since they have no good switch exclusives. Mario games suck since 64. I'll never understand the praise for galaxy.

As usual, I'll just laugh at nintendorks.

I'd be real fucking steamed because Nintendo deliberately botched the Wii U at this point and I'm left with a $300 dust collector.

The Nintendo Bait and Switch. I would not only stop supporting them, but would actively shit on them at every chance I get hoping to play a hand in their downfall. They're already shit enough as it is, that would literally be the tipping point for me.

I got the Wii U in mid 2015 in anticipation for Zelda U. Then it got delayed so I'm just stuck with Bayo2 and Dong Freeze.

I guess I'm content with my current library but Nintendo would be fucking dead to me if they didn't follow through.

maybe I'm just forgetting but they've never done something like this. at worst I think it might get delayed to give the Switch an artificial boost but that's it.

like i always do with anything Nintendo related, laugh at the fanboys who defend this piece of shit corporation.

Sega could be great again but won't, when i start think they learn something, Valkyria Revolution( XONE, PS4 and fucking Vita, but no PC) is announced, a game that trashes everything i liked about VC 1 and 3, localizations are getting more meme filled and the PC ports are non existent.

It makes me glad though that if nothing else its just a rumor, because what would be the point of advertising it on Wii U only to not release it?

It happened with a lot of games on Ps3 and xbox 360 , and with the last trend on this industry i kinda i was expecting that. After all they have to push the new console right ?

I don't care about zeldo

It would be the one surefire way to make sure I never buy a fucking Switch. Cancelling BoTW just to drive up sales would be the ultimate in gook jew moves.

It would be really fucking funny to me.

Ecstatic that Nintendo decided to crash their own plane with no survivors. I'm still salty about them trying to erase the second best 2D Metroid game.

I get it from a business angle, especially as soon as 2015 came rolling around and I dont think they showed off footage of Dying Light or Mortal Kombat on 360/PS3, but there's barely any footage of Zeldo on the Switch, only on Wii U.

Nintendo has to release this on the Wii U, as an obligation at this point.

Ever since what… 2014? they've been advertising it on the Wii U. Even if development has shifted and they're mainly focusing on the Switch version. (As it seems they're tailoring it's visuals/performance for it. Unlike the Wii U which has too much going and it starts chugging.) Not releasing it on the Wii U would only do harm to their fans who didn't drop them during that time.

Considering the GCN version of Twilight Princess wasn't cancelled even though the cube was as much a financial failure as the Wii U, I don't think they ever would. If they did however it would make them seem especially desperate to give their system a "killer app". If they had to take such measures it would mean they lack the confidence for it to do well without Zeldo, probably because don't have any other games to back it up.

If it turns out true then I wouldn't even consider getting a Switch until a couple years into its lifecycle, given the clear lack of faith in their own library.

forgot to uncheck sage

Indifference. I do not care about BOTW in the slightest.

I'd be indifferent. Zelda games are all basically the same, and they don't appeal to me. It would be a tremendously bad move for Nintendo's reputation in general, though, since it was already announced as a Wii U and Switch title.

They found out it is just going to get emulated. Fight hard CEMU!

Hypothetically if I owned a Wii U I wouldn't have brought it for 1 game and would have used the backwards compatibility to have a decent library.

I thought the WiiU was worse than the Gamecube.

also what this guy said.

If it means it'll be a better game because it doesn't have to restrict itself to Wii U hardware, then it's a good thing.

From a business stand point, they definitely should cancel the wiiu version.

The install base for the wiiu is sub 500k and all its done since launch is dwindled. Even the most hardcore wiiu fan has about 6 games average. The switch needs exclusives. Besides the only people who would be hurt by it is the same people that buy anything Nintendo related anyway, and do you really think after all the bullshit one game is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

If it upsets you, just remember: Nintendo has left you behind in favor of hipsters, children and twitch streamers

If you abandoned Nintendo long ago, you won't care about this.

And if somehow you're still sticking to them, I guess you still won't care.

I wouldn't care because the WiiU version is the defacto inferior version. I wouldn't buy it anyway because I wouldn't buy a Switch because it has no games.

The first time they mentioned as far as I know was in January 2013, three months into the Wii U.
youtube.com/watch?v=4MzG6lDA1A0

Probably wouldn't care because it looks like shit.

Kill myself tbh.

But they almost always targeted children.

I would laugh at the Nintendrones who don't care about being fucked over.

Not buy the Switch.
Which I already planned on after all the other shit they've pulled.
They've already alienated a lot of their loyal fanbase. Doing this will alienate the rest, and all that will be left over are normalfags that will at most give them what they gave the Wii and then quickly forget about them again. It'll damage them majorly in the long run.

But at this point, I'm suspecting that they did cease Wii U development. You may say 'oh, that's a bad business decision,' but it fits in with all the rest of the shit they're pulling.

They really fucking don't. what would make this the "death of nintendo" to you compared to all the other times they got away with their bullshit?

I guess I'd be OK with it since that gives me an excellent reason not to play BotW.

Suspicious, considering it already shipped to my store.

Proof

I'd get fired because literally everything is already marked, and I'm not throwing away my $18 an hour job.

In terms of available games, Wii U has virtually nothing, while the GameCube has at least a few killer titles.

The 3DS is a legitimately good platform even if the Wii U is cactus. Admittedly most of that is due to the homebrew community though, much like with the Wii.

Lying faggot.

Look at the same time I can't prove I'm a lying faggot, they can't prove I'm telling the truth.

People are only hyped because they haven't had a mainline Zelda game for 5 years, right?
This game looks like a shitty Survival game but with Link on it.

You're really the kind of faggot that told everyone in elementary school that your dad worked for Nintendo, aren't you?

I don't get why people like zelda in the first place

please enlighten me why faggot elf games are better than any else action adventure game

The only thing Wii U has is lewd squids.

also theres tropical dong, 3d world, mario kart 8

All I hear from faggots genuinely interested in ZBotW is that the Switch version will be better, they want the Switch version for some perceived guarantee of a better framerate (which is a dubious claim).

(WTF, codemonkey? I can't post.)

Semi Open World which was explorable and interesting with goodies to help you on your quest and comfy when it wasn't burning along with puzzles and sidequests.
Well polished dungeons with puzzles and enemies to fight.
Genre defining mechanics and narrative that most often than not broke expectations while being extremely simple to grasp.
And in the past, visuals.

So pretty much everything this game is not besides comfy, which is like 80% of Survival games.
But muh Nintendo

The Wii U is compromised by the piracy option so I can see some logic in making it Switch exclusive. That said..
(Breaking up post shitty site won't submit.)

Also Captain Toad.
It was really picking up steam but when Iwata died Nintendo seemed to just want to forget about the Wii U altogether. Bad move. It could have paid off.

I was 100% certain that the recent dip in framerate when the game was shown was because the Switch was that bad. The only reason that made people think otherwise was that Jimmy Kimmel thing that showed him literally playing it on the Switch. But even that felt fishy to me. I have a feeling it won't run as well as the remaining nintendrones think it's going to run.

Regardless, they have already dumped resources into creating the Wii U version. It would be a waste of all that time, money & resources to abandon it.

(Site still won't submit. Breaking up post even more.)

Fucking fan flames of discontent and resentment for Shitendon't.

This would be unforgivable after how long it's been explicitly teased as a killer app for a complete fucking waste like the Wii U.

If Switch is more powerful it's possible. GC version of Twilight Princess has slowdown not present in the Wii version for example.

Bayonetta?
SSB?
What are these?

You really gonna be a faggot and ignoring how much it was picking up when they started releasing shit like Smash? If they kept up with the releases it wouldn't be as big of a flop as it is now that they've completely abandoned it.

Dunno what ripped touhou is but
FAST Racing Neo
Wonderful 101

WU piracy aside, BotW would still earn more sales having title on multiple platforms.

(Last part. Fuck CM.) >>>/sudo/15768

It peaked in 2014 for a few months, almost considered buying one until they censored half the fucking games and CEMU became a thing.

Your fault for buying it before it had any games.

The Gameboy games are fun. Okami is better than any of the 3D games though.

What did you like about 1 /and 3, and how does VR trash it?

If anyone was planning on giving Nintendo more money in CURRENT YEAR and beyond, they were already a fucking idiot.

With laughter.

shocked, but ultimately indifferent since i havent been keeping up with it. ill probably end up getting the switch version either way, when i do get around to getting a switch. that might be a while unless im enthused with their launch games.

I haven't bought a new Nintendo console since the GameCube, so it makes no different to me.

I'm done buying consoles forever, so if it gets cancelled then I won't be playing it until ~5 years from now when "Switch" emulation becomes a thing.

Quite frankly I much rather have Nintendo follow Sega's footsteps and quit the hardware completely if the Switch bombs. That will never happen though.

Whenever I read "BotW" I think of "Best of the Worst". Fitting, in the context of the Wii.

MUH DICK

The only people it fucks over is people

Dubs thread? Dubs thread.

What games does Holla Forums even like? Every game that's released has everyone swinging their arms around like an angry nigger or scratching their hair out trying to figure out who likes it.

People like it because they grew up, the aesthetics/music, the puzzles and variety of items.
Who the hell hasn't played zelda or heard someone talk about zelda in the current year?

I wouldn't be surprised, I've had a Wii U for years and I barely touched the thing. BOTW is going to be shit on it anyway with huge frame issues, you can smell it a mile away.

i think Holla Forums likes micro man

Honestly I kind of wonder why they're even bothering with the Wii U version at this point. I mean they seem quite eager to pretend the Wii U doesn't exist anymore otherwise, and even though I own a Wii U I doubt I'll get it over the Switch version (though I'll likely be waiting until we know for sure if it runs any better or not before deciding which version to ultimately get).

Broken and/or unfinished with an interesting mechanic or two, cRPGs, waifushit, and homoerotic stealth games.

gameplay and setting, VC always had fantasy elements which i hate but still had a WW2 feel to it, VR ditches all of it and goes full out fantasy. The gameplay is….abnormal, now its a real time brain dead action game of sorts, i watched the demo gameplays and it looks dreadful.

Well yeah

And now it's going to die too, isn't it?

Sort of expected to pirate it and see if i can emulate it in CEMU but if i can't then couldn't care less about it

That'd be a pretty damn big hypothetical since it'd require construing "development has stopped" as "the game is cancelled" which just feeds into the deluded Nintendoom shitposters that've all crawled out of the woodwork here to shit on a company that has more money than God and is the only one putting out an actual console gen instead of a mild upgrade come March, but if it happened they'd probably lose quite a few people after deliberately showing off the Wii U version at a couple points and depriving the Wii U of its own proper Zelda. Chances are BotW will be the Wii U's Zelda with the Switch port (even ignoring that it's probably the other way around, Wii U port of a Switch game) and Switch will get another original Zelda somewhere down the line.

I like streets of rage.

Galaxy was good but then you have to remember, mario was never good

archive.fo/UxaXo
archive.fo/u0voV

Don't know if true, but amazon.jp doesn't seem to list it anymore.
Only import versions of the WiiU version.

wouldn't care, especially with the Treehouse handling the localization I wouldn't have gotten it anyway.

But I wanted to get a Wii U just for Zelda. This would make me very sad.

I don't think you've got much to worry about. Imagine the furore over pre-order being cancelled even if they're refunded.

You still have the console, and the support of the homebrew community. That said I hope they continue to make security fuck-ups with the Switch so that gets its own homebrew community.

I want to bully Fareeha

Somewhat possible in Victoria II if you get buttloads of independence rebels and slaughter them repeatedly
Stellaris
Otherwise idk without mods

Yes. Its still viable for gaming, but they are slowly starting to show their age.

Name one ga

You mean vampire?

How fucking stupid are you

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

Child of Light, even if the character only leaves the party.

Possibly excitement that they may have improved or changed features to match the Switch better and that the lack of focus on a shitty tablet gimmick could produce a better game overall.

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

I remember there was this wii game where you either played as a spider or a scorpion and the final boss is a human

I will be sad because it will mean one less game to eventually play on CEMU.

They used to be pretty good, but somewhere after Minish Cap it all came tumbling down.

Bui has shit taste. Pic related are the only feet you need.

Dude, Minish Crap is single handedly the worst fucking piece of steaming diahrrea that has been released in the series.
It's director went on to do, yes, you know, Skyward Shit, which shows. It is the same piece of shit but in 3D
The only redeeming point it has is the visual style.

i'd be pissed since the Wii u version will be like the twilight princess for gamecube thing
like master quest

This man knows.
Fight hard CEMU!

I don't know, man.

Ah, sorry, I always forget the DS games because to this day I never played them.

But fuck you, Between Worlds was a nice throwback to the classics. Yes, it obviously started as a remake of ALttP, and it remained mostly the same but it tried to give its own spin to it and became a fun game.

It also gets extra points for getting rid for the first time in about 10 fucking years of the "young Link = Toon Link" concept. Even if they stupidly got back to it for Triforce Heroes.

When did all the sonyggers get here anyways?

ask ubisoft

Because those phoneshits demand their batteries be 2mm thick. Also much higher screen resolution.

Why do you have such shit taste user?

Indifferent as my charging wire broke and Nintendo doesn't sell replacements for it, you know just there being no cables for a wireless controller that drains energy at insane speeds. At least that's Nintendo of Europe.

Reach had a good campaign and great armor customization but everything else was garbage.
You cannot prove me wrong.

Reach shit all over The Fall of Reach, the best damn thing in the entire Halo franchise. Fuck that game.

I hear you

Nintendo was never good.

But the Wii U plays GameCube games…