Games then and now

Why are older games so much better than the garbage that is release today?

Nobody is XTREME anymore. Now everybody is LGBTQWERTY.

But XTREME video games are fun, they are what video games are all about.
Am I just too old for todays world?

No. The world is getting too old for people.

I had a demo for this on my pc back in the early 00s but couldn't remember what game it was, thanks OP.

Same, I remember seeing a video of this in some other motor racing game and played it for a while

I feel that in the past there were more devs and companies that actually gave a shit about what they were making.
Nowadays that number of good devs/companies has shrunk and there's way more people who either don't give a crap, want the most money with the least effort, want the biggest audience or all three.
But that's just what I think, it might be something else.

Truer words, my friend.

Cataclysmic natural disaster extinction level event when?

Dinosaurs never existed, neither did that meteorite collapsing into the earth. But keep dreaming.

The devs like the ragdoll features in xbiker so much they added a key just to kick you off your bike and engage the ragdoll effects. It is good fun pressing that key at some inopportune moment.

Videogames became mainstream popular entertainment.

implying earth can't take astrodicks like that in the ass

God never existed, neither did that kike resurrecting out of his grave. But keep dreaming.

seriously, can you even prove user existed?

Kek never existed, neither did the Egyptians memeing him into the earth. But keep dreaming.

Sure she can. Earth is a lewd slut. But there is no concrete prove of that event at all, its just ass hates talking out there fanfics while getting paid for it.

Tips le fedora. I don't believe in a God but any one with common sense will easily see Dinosaurs are fucking bullshit, no museum or anything of that kind uses real bones, when they do use real ones its from other animals. Suck a dick Goldstein.

All those things still exist. They just evolved into chickens.

Low energy mate.

No. They just remind you of chicken bones because dinosaurs are related to chickens.

Fuck youre right. No wonder why niggers like chicken, they believe in Dinosaurs.

Niggers like to eat chicken because the niggers that used to eat dinosaurs evolved into modern niggers.

You're probably right, costs were high to make a game even then but the barrier of entry was lower I feel, you could get a team together and push something out as a smaller independent studio while licensing an engine (Or just making your own) and you didn't need to sell millions of copies just to break even. More competition meant more variety and some of the indies could compete with the big names back then, maybe not in the graphics department but certainly in the gameplay aspects.
That's definitely not the case nowadays though, where you need millions of sales to compete, rising stars are bought out and gutted ASAP by big names to avoid possible competition, and the console market is throttling a lot of possible advancements.

Truly, things were different then.

We wuz dindunothin'saurs.

I jus stepped out for suh skittles. Den a assteroid come an kill all dah dinosaurs. I dunno what happened.

like if you are playing old gems like Halo on 2016 xDD

Games hit the mainstream western media too quickly. The game industry became Hollywood in the span of a couple decades and niches were barely formed.

whoah.

Bullshit. I got 1 result.

Because the shitty ones are forgotten.

Nobody ever says there weren't shitty ones back then. They claim that there are fewer good ones now. And they're right.

That is the kind of sentence that just makes me stare into the middle distance.
Not out of disagreement, but out of my incapability to know where to start.
Trying to group all the reasons into umbrella terms sounds too blunt.
I'd say the simple fact of the matter, if I had to choose just one I'd say succinctly
To probably better elaborate a niche market has higher standards than a mass market.
1.video games are a business. + 2.A mass market has lower standards and more money than the niche market. = 3.The current state of the industry.

Is this some sort of furry guro fetish combined?

Games were on limited hardware. Devs had to be good with what they had available, so optimization was important and launches were at best buggy and at worst horribly broken.
With limited graphics devs had to focus on gameplay and making the games fun.
With cheaper to produce games you didn't need to target one million plus sales to make bank. A few hundred thousands were good.
With smaller groups of devs working on a game it was easier for someone to be heard, making development a group effort instead of corporate jobs that were cogs in the machine, encouraging people to stick together and make good games together.
Games are expensive because they need ultra high graphical fidelity. So much time wasted on graphics means there is less time bugtesting and improving gameplay. So many large teams needed means the game can't take long to develop or else it will become harder to get profitable, which means rushed releases. A need to make the game profitable means they must target the biggest market possible, which means pretty games that appeal to the biggest market without much depth. Because video-games hit mainstream audiences consumers are far less critical of their product and will accept what they get. The slow trickle of Expansion -> DLC -> Microtransactions encouraged devs to be even greedier. Pre-ordering even on digital formats encouraged devs to launch broken games on release and sell by means of hype alone.
The rise of video-games as "bigger than Hollywood" and the "rise of geekdom" encouraged talentless hacks to appeal to nostalgia with no idea of how video-games actually were, giving a rise to pixelshit graphics and "retro" games that aren't retro at all.

That is why recent releases are crap and the industry has gone to hell.

Other way around. Remember, this was before the Internet. There were no patches! If a game had any real serious bugs at all that would face the average player, the developer couldn't just go "oh whoopsie" because everyone was connected online. So games were made much more robust; they might glitch all to hell if you did special weird shit, but they wouldn't crash.

We need a return to that.

Games started becoming profitable, which drew the Jew in.

Jews hate beauty, hate art, hate quality. They can't make a video game with love and dedication, with the desire to make something genuinely wonderful. Nor do they want the goyim working under them to create such a thing.

So they do market research, find out what will sell well, and order that to be churned out. As they have ruined music, as they have ruined art, as they have ruined architecture

The Holocaust should have happened.

1) Developers were fans of games, not marketers
2) Developers knew the limitations of what they could manage in a single game
3) You had to keep games small, so feature creep wasn't a thing
4)Games themselves were a niche market, so you didn't have to try and sell yourself to 80% of the population

Derp, I meant the opposite. NOWADAYS games are buggy at best at launch and broken upon release. Back then the game HAD to ship as bug-free as it could.

They weren't.

Games now, in terms of quality, are actually better on average. But because of that, and there's a higher average level of quality, people take it for granted ant it *seems* like they are worse, just because instead of an 8/19 or a 9/10 being a rare thing that's notable and catches your eye, it's sort of just typical.

That, and games are more derivative and less innovative. So even though ____ 4: The return might be a 9/10 game with all the features of the past one with slight improvements, it doesn't feel like a truly exceptional game because it's not that different.

tl;dr, when everything is great, nothing is.

Because they were willing to take a risk. Now it's all very safe.

What kind of degeneracy is this?

Whoever said don't judge a book by it's cover obviously never had to deal with sequels.