Warhammer Vermintide

Why did people stop playing this game?

Dunno what are you talking about, I was playing online yesterday, always had a full party.

Fucking swedecuck niggers

Stop playing, fuck!
I've recently *started* playing, and having a whale of a time!

oh wow, kek

man i really hope spacehulk deathwing is good

I pirated it a few months ago.
Some weeks ago, bought the special deluxe edition because it's a ton of fun.
Also made me interested in Warhammer Fantasy. Only other game I found worthwhile in the same setting was Mordheim, and that is… quite faithfull to the tabletop aparently, downright to the brutal RNG. Not for the faint of heart, but the first time I won a battle I felt like a god.

Vermintide is the better older brother of L4D2. It's what Evolve should have been: super-powered hunters killing random predators all day long, instead of "Hurr, supah monstah :D"
The White Rat mission is fucking bullshit though. I've already had 4 hook rats spawn, fall all at once in the middle of my party and we get insta-hooked. All.
I mean, we had a laugh about it, since it was quite the uncommon occurance.
Then came the 3 Gatling guns while the Rat Ogre was about. We didn't laugh anymore.

What's the patch do?

Why would I start playing in the first place?

because it's shit and i bought it like a gaynigger

me and all my friends would still be playing it if it weren't for the fucking AWFUL dice loot system. You just have no motivation to keep going because you aren't going to get anything you want.

I hated the enemy variety. Every level seemed to be "cut through throw hordes of these same dudes in a new locale". The game was fun, but got old quickly.

I played deathwing.
Its abysmal, the SP might be merely okay, but the game is utter shit.

probably Karak Azgaraz new maps

The loot system is 100% garbage is why

oh yeah i played it too, at least i can refund if it's bad, but streumon seems to have fixed some of the issues players said the game had, and i hope for the love of god that they fixed the 5 minute loading screens because if they didnt i will instantly refund it

The progression system kinda sucks, you're forced to play through the easy modes because your weapons suck and by the time you get better weapons after grinding the lowest difficulty, you get tired of playing.
Plus if the character you finally have green/blue weapons for is already picked, fuck you.
You then have to use a character you've not invested all your resources into and it's back to grinding the lowest difficulty again.

I think I started off in hard or whatever had friendly fire.

The first level is by far the best one and the others are lack luster at best.

the wizard tower is fantasticthough and the dlc vampire castles are pretty fun too

Severe performance and instability issues drove many players away, and the ludicrous FUCK YOU nerf-fest drove the rest away.

Don't forget:

Except its not, if they don't add the ability for players to make their own maps like in L4D2 then the game will be dead before the end of next year.
But they wont, they'll try to jew with dlc maps that are short as hell to try to keep the game barely playable.

Theres not enough maps to play and there never will be since they plan on jewing with dlc's.
It could be a good game but shitty developer ruins it again.

Its been massively improved since launch. Higher quality items drop from higher difficulty missions, you can craft using colored rocks, buy and improve gear at the altar, do easy quests for high-end gear, and there's currently an event where you get free shit every day until christmas.

WHY ? AND WHY THE FUCK DOES DEATHWING DO THE SAME THING HOLY SHIT THIS ISN'T FUN AT ALL

what? have you played deathwing? it's not like vermintide at all

He deserved it

I just saw that you could unlock better weapons and that's shit. Just do like left 4 dead 2. Or make us earn ingame points to buy better equipment but have it reset each game.

people like progression systems, it helps them not get bored. this aint news

Then it just means your game is shit if the only way you have for people to keep playing is having them unlock a bigger gun.
People are retarded, free speech and democracy was a mistake.

BUT IT DOES RESET EACH GAME YOU FUCKING NIGGER

I wasn't aware that people ever started playing that game.

Of all the complaints for this game, this is the one I don't get.
If you want particular weapon with a particular set of traits, you can make it yourself.
alternatively
Now you got the weapon you wanted with some minor grinding. You're not a nigger, so you got an Orange one with 3 slots, right?
There you go, you got the weapon you wanted AND the traits
There. Perfect weapon.
The last part takes the longest, but after you've done the first one, everyweapon you find goes directly to be melted off for chunks of orange shit to sacrifice. Or blue shit, wathever.
And there's even quests/dailies giving you blue and orange shards everyday.

What the fuck kinda argument is "I can't get what I want"?
Do you want to press a button and POP here's your supah-dupah-weapon! :DDD ??

Because you roll the dice to get random weapons at the end of a 20-30 minute long game, which may be a copy of what you got or inferior. And if you have a single elffag moron you might just play for thirty minutes and waste it all and get no weapon.

But I saw in the beta gameplay that you could unlock weapons.

I meant that in a more "gameplay" way.
It's pretty much l4d2 with more weapon variety, and you get to pick the weapons. It's also more focused on melle (my favourite part of l4d) and the characters you pick are actually diferent.
Plus, some of the maps are very impressive (Mage Tower being the best).
It does everything l4d did and better.
Yeah, fair point. That's the one thing missing here. That would increase it's life span by 3 to 4 years. At least.

No, I'd like to have some decent drops after beating every level multiple times on multiple difficulties. The grinding for better gear zaps away the fun after you've spent days playing with friends and you all still have shit.

Glad to see this shit is still just as broken and unusable as 2015.

Do you know what that word means you cum guzzling idiot? Especially after they listened to the fans?
Seryously, go watch some random eceleb play the game. You fucking redditors need your opinions validated by some with room temperature IQ.

Have you SERYOULY never tried the altar?
It's the best thing they included and fixes that.
I'm starting to think most of the people on this thread got that early pirated version and never played anymore.

If you've spent "days" playing, you should be swamped in blue/orange crafting bits.
Head to altar and melt all that shit in actually good weapons.

Unless you spent "days" playing on easy. Then you get what you deserve.

Lack of content from the devs/modding tools and a shit loot system

It was interesting at launch until the issues with weapons and fucking dice rolls appeared and burned everyone out until they finally released a patch months later. I stopped caring by then and there are just not enough players in my region anymore to invest time on it

Oh and I forgot
Due to how the loot system worked, it only made sense to play two maps since they were more or less optimized for getting more dice due to easy to grab grimories and overall short time

Not going to type out the gigantic reply I had that got eaten, but long story short:

But the problem is:

Which then results in:

And that's where we are now.

Post the "realistic simulation of the migrant crisis" review.

i PLAYED the beta fam, i know what im talking about

Now I am interested. I google searched it but it only came up with short banned steam reviews.

That's exactly what happens though. You are almost guaranteed to get items of a quality matching mission difficulty. The only way you could only have shit items is if you exclusively play on easy and normal, but even then you have orange quest rewards for doing a few easy tasks

Aparently, with the update today, Cataclysm rewards has:
As the drop table. Seems that Nightmare as 4-5 blue with 1 or 2 orange aswell.
They increased that shit a lot.

Excessive grind, at least that's why the people I know stopped.

just play left 4 dead bro

The moment I saw Deathwing had persistent unlocks I lost all desire to play it. Has this been changed? If progression is reset each time you restart the campaign (i.e. how SP games work normally) how does it function with coop? I'd have been happy with the ability to pick weapons before a mission without any xp system at all but apparently we can't have vidya nowadays without skinner box progression.

Now don't pretend that betas are any different from the final product

Oh that's great then

Fuck you. How about you pretend that your family tree forks for a second and stop posting stupid shit? There's videos out explaining how it works. You have no excuse to be claiming dumb shit besides the fact that your aunt is also your sister's cousin.

So user, how much are you being paid to shill for GW?

MP game that relies on teamwork and individual skill = Dead in the water

It works similarly to L4D where there are different campaigns and each campaign has multiple chapters. So at the start of a campaign you start at Level 1 and grind your way up unlocking stuff as you go and you can change your loadout during lulls in the fighting.

Same

So I can see some problems with this title, not to say it's bad or anything but it's definitely got some major flaws.
Only two characters (or classes) have unique gameplay elements, the bright wizard (magic) and the wood elf (Different types of arrows). The other three are pretty much interchangeable. The Dwarf and Empire captain have very similar loadouts, with the exception of the captain having swords and the dwarf some fancy dwarf guns. Other than that it's the same sword and board/2handed with support fire techniques. The witch hunter is a little bit different, but his only unique weapons are his pistols and a sabre (and refuse to use a shield), other than that the three classes share a lot of melee weapons which makes them really really similar, gameplay wise.
The missions are pretty similar when you come down to it, the only thing that change are the locations and given that the WH fantasy universe is very stylized it really doesn't make any area feel particularily unique. There are a few variations of missions, like defend this point, or grab some explosives, or hold out, or shit like that. Other than those elements which only take up about 20% of the missions which leave the remaining 80% feel very very similar.
I have to say that without the grimoires, tomes and dice this game would have sunk on launch and is perhaps the most redeeming quality of the game, but when you come down to it it's really nothing special.
The difference between the tiers of weapons is laughably small. I've played Cataclysm difficulties with only white gear and I did fine. There is nothing different of note except the visuals and some of the abilities.

Also, there is no end-game you can hang out in. When you've beaten the game once your only choice is to replay the missions on higher difficulties if you actually want to progress in the game. And because the campaign only take about 3 hours to complete it left a staggering void for people who are not merely playing to collect shiny loot.

But overall it's a good game and I still play it. The addition of missions and further customization of your gear certainly helped the title prolong its already limited lifespan. I have not played any DLC other than the free ones, are they worth buying if I'm already doubting if I'd want to keep playing, or is it only more of the same?

DLC is not that bad tbh, but only buy them on sale. If they have the nerve to jew people with DLC to prop up a game to a half finished state, then we have the right to jew them back. altho never buying that shit would be better for the cause

I'M CALM YOU FUCKER.
I'M THE CALMEST MOTHERFUCKER ALIVE

YOU KNOW WHY?
BECAUSE I'M THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM THAT SLICES YOUR FACE OFF AND USES IT AS A MASK WHILE REMOVING YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY FROM THIS TIMELINE.

Absolutely nothing, I wish they did.
The other shills tell me the 120$ a month kinda fill that hole inside their chest and they only think about suicide 10 times a month.
Such a luxury life, I can only dream.

It's ok let's just be friends.
Can you dress as a cute girl ?

Someone made a review that said.
"A Realistic Simulator of the European Migrant Crisis."
It got 600+ helpful upvotes and the devs then banned it because they're swedecucks.

I don't know why anyone is defending the game, the playerbase died within the 1st month.
Pretty clear its not a good game if it can't keep people playing it.

Damn son. Ratmen would beat-beat the shit out of rapefugees. If I was a Skaven I'd slit-slit your throat in your sleep.

filthy Skaven detected

It's not free

Damn flag

remember when bans were a badge of honor and not something to be upset about?

I had lulz in the fighting when the terminators started spinning around like ballerinas.

But the unlocks only last during that campaign yes? They should have been clearer about this.

Fucking this holy shit. Why not make the weapons have distinct pros and cons and be meaningful;y different rather than an upgrade?

In Deathwing it's not too bad, but still… the later weapons are generally better. There aren't many reasons why you'd continue using older gear. And you can just change on the fly too? What the fuck is that?

from the beta upgrades I got a lot of them are, at least for the heavy
You could get a splash damage plasma cannon or an armor piercing Gatling gun to replace the standard with the trade off being the armor piercing had far less ammo per mag

Shitty grind
Braindead AI both friendly and bot
Horrible pacing seriously space shit out, if I am smashing left click from start to finish it completely ruins the atmosphere and any tension
The fuckawful loot system
The fuckawful community
Completely repititve, no replaybility, just grind
No versus mode

The smarter Skaven are Jews while the rest are the other kind of Semites. It's that simple.

This, not even my autistic brother managed to play more than 50 hours before he got completely bored by the game.

I don't know why Holla Forums fags get so triggered over tattoos, I come from a military family and pretty much all of the men have a tattoo or two because of tradition.

Not all who claim to be Holla Forums are Holla Forums

This

By like two weeks after release the steam group was basically dead since we'd almost all played every level on every difficulty a bunch of times and had all the gear we cared to get. Then for a month or two the game got zero meaningful new content, all they added was minor ways to guarantee better gear but if you can already beat Wheat&Chaff and White Rat on top difficulties with the gear you've got, what do you need marginally better weapons for? They finally added survival mode two or three months in or something but I don't think I ever even bothered trying it because I already got plenty of stationary horde fighting with all the levels that had "protect this shit" or "survive for some time" segments.

When they finally got around to making real new maps and weapons it was like two new weapon types, one of which was basically just giving the elf a weapon type the others already had and it was only two fucking maps for too much money so I didn't bother reinstalling for that either. I tried reinstalling for a free weekend a while back but the game didn't run amazing back in the day and it didn't run any better in the free weekend, and that plus having a hard time to find a game with other players and seeing all the free content they'd added was just more loot modification I didn't need meant I uninstalled it again about an hour later.

Not all he claims to be from Holla Forums is what you mean

you realize he just copied what lots other people said at the time right? wally is also an autistic fuck who got triggered over not being the most vocal in the group