FTL13

What is FTL 13?
FTL and SS13 had gay homosex as girls.
Then this game appeared because it's magic and the wizards of SPESS are angry.
How can I play?
You can download the BYOND client or join our server directly from your web browser to play. The web client is presently unreliable, and we recommend the latest BYOND client for the best experience possible. The BYOND client is presently compiled for Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE. You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.
Client download: secure.byond.com/download/
Serber
IP: byond://jinteki.industries:5513
Git Repository: gitgud.io/nanotrasen/nullsec
Issues: gitgud.io/nanotrasen/nullsec/issues
Alternate Server #1
IP: byond://173.172.210.177:58066

Other urls found in this thread:

ftl13.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
tgstation13.org/wiki/List_of_remakes
my.mixtape.moe/boagdm.htm
tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_mapping
poal.me/uh46gi
steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
8ch.net/nt/rules.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pls feed back this WIP

As someone who couldn't understand SS13 but loves FTL, I am cautiously interested. Got any webms?

Can it be animated?
I think those two tiny cylinders to the right could be pumping in and out. :^)

In general, the game could use animations on a lot of things. Makes the screen feel more alive.

At work, don't have webm tools here.
It's honestly best to just join, get someone to explain absic controls and then go with the flow.
Yeah, you'll die horribly, but that's part of the game. Really.
Keep in mind that real nigga hours are after 8PM can't remember if EST or WST
Rest of the day is low-pop, ideal for fucking around with a mate.

everything in the game can be animated, it's just alot of tedious work is all

nice tampons

Well, it's no sea lab but I'm down for something fresh.

Borrowed them from your mother :^)

Well, technically, now we're all suposed to be on the same side and collaborate with each other.
Which means people don't die out of mallice, but rather from incompetence.
Incompetence is three times as deadly as malice.
So, pretty much Spesslab.

oh no

pastebin.com/FNgYH23a

Nah it's cool.
She said they're actually your sister's.

Alright, I can get behind that. I'll check in later since it seems to be down.

Ah, good old tradition.

hawt

what happened to last thread?

Reached page 15, called for shuttle and went back to Centcomm. Like all threads do.

Were they used already? That's important.

Alright, I'm online.

What the fuck do I do?

really what's different then regular space station 13

You fight other ships with your ship and the crew actually has to work together.

Ship-to-ship combat was the promise I last saw.

One of the devs/admins of the original FTL13 (this is a fork) is an autistic child undr 15, who had a meltdown after being banned from paradise. Expect the code to be shitty, broken and have a bunch of features that only he knows how to abuse. He kept doing it to Paradise.

The station is more like an oversized shuttle now, it can hop between planets and the like. I didn't see much else yet because somehow being a clown and not even touching the supermatter I managed to blow the ass of the ship off.

Seems akin to how Barotrauma works but with less drowning.

Here's the wiki by the way, I'm going to give it a read for differences: ftl13.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Go to the bridge. Use the piloting computer.
Remember to get pwoer up first or you'll regret it when the enemy starts firing.

Is the supermatter active by default? Because I have no idea what happened. I had to step away and came back to the engine gone.

The supermatter can be ejected in case it gets damaged. There's a thermal engine nearby, you can set that up rather easily.
Otherwise, if there's noone on, you can just jump and vote-restart when you run out of power, I guess.

Ohhh, okay. Someone should probably hop on and do that since I'm dead and the only thing on the ship besides roaches.

think you can still vote while dead.
Type "vote" in the textbox bellow.
I'm only home in 2 hours.

Tried to, says disallowed unfortunately. If someone shows up hopefully they'll know what to do.

I'll be online to reset it in about 2 hours, then.
In the meantime, you can dowload the code, compile it and run a local server to test stuff.
It's really rather easy, you don't need to be 1337 h4xxor to do it.

Not a bad idea, I keep meaning to do that.

I've just called a vote to restart the round

PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB PLEB

debatable

new configuration, can be run by an AI when it's setup

only needs Oxygen and CO2 to come in from the right on the purple line
Super Shard chamber is pressurized by oxygen until ignition and pumped out with a scrubber not a vent
N2 and CO2 are filtered out of the burn chamber
cold line is ready made for freezers and additional spots for freezers are available in the waste line

woah. chips challenge is looking pretty awesome.

adendum
if you actually survive long enough into your mission and come up with a stable engine system you may wish to switch off the O2 and CO2 into the mix line and run plasma into FTL and Shields

Oh and an hour later and it's still running at just over 560,000

I'll post in your thread faggot

Fuck you.

The current station is working at max capacity with an AI, the CE, the CMO and a Bridge Officer. Is not dead, we however need at least one extra engineer and one scientist. to make turrets all around the ship and wall off all external windows due to carps having a likeness to break into everything.

I'll come aboard, but I have no idea how to play and will need spoonfeeding on the new mechanics.

The books around things do actually work now so you can read those. Asides from that, it's just standard SS13 with a new console, a moving ship and a new gun. The MAC gun needs it's ammo to be triggered by multitool before shooting and a constant influx of oil. The men who usually operates it is the Munitions Officer and Cargo. You also should not load it with 2 different munitions at the same time (including empty shells), nor can you unload once it has a shell inside, else it explodes.

no fuck you leather head

You came to the wrong vessel faggot. The syndicate club is two sectors away from here.

actually it's three systems out

==SIDE NOTE=
FTL got so full it bugged out and I had to drain the line and replace the 4 way manifold, fixed it

beware gas filters switching directions on you

I figured you'd need a feed back loop

Well, I learnt my lesson.

ITS FUCKING WORSE
what ever bug that killed FTL I am now certain killed cooling intake and maybe other shit

it's likely just nu/tg/ code

the best part is how he was shady as fuck before that

DED

How do I use the webclient?

We ought to have some guide lines about some of the stuff that guy said.This evening, there was someone greentexting IC aswell.
I don't think we should reach Bay tier of RP autism but at least shit like that shouldn't fly.
Just type "ecs dee" instead of XD for instance if you want to sound retarded, or replace ">" with "implying"

I propose that anyone not taking the RP seriously should be muted or have brain damaged\Pierrot Throat inflicted on him.

You don't at the moment, Web Client connections are currently disabled for this server. You'll want to download the full BYOND client.

I hope the current version works better on wine.

I hope they improve the web client asap.
Half the stuff ain't working when I run it on wine.

I think this is the direction I'd want to see SS13 go in for a 'sequel'.
What's new?
Is there drama already?
Are Doomstation anons still chugging along?

Out, you guys have a good one

it's going nicely, just need alot of work before it can be a suitable waiting server till thin comes

Neat.
How do you flip "can't see things" back from space to shaders?

Frankly I don't think anyone here should have to chose between whatever FTL13 will blossom into and ThinStation. I'll look into hosting both on different boxes, or maybe the one of the altstation hosts can pick up one or the other.

i love ftl but i think ss13 is pure autism, can i enjoy this?

Holy shit how is it possible that this piece of trash game still doesn't have a fucking client by itself in the age of game engine and ease of online releases

I mean really? Is anyone working on a client for it even?

What's the server Paradise generally like? I went on there for a bit but there was a lot of furries so I left.

Probably. FTL13 is more a cooperative game than a paranoid robustfest about finding whatever excuse to smash somebody's skull in. It's pretty comfy while still having challenging gameplay.

Are you asking about an open implementation of BYOND or something? There's been at least 10 SS13 remake attempts, none have succeeded.

if you're having the problem I think you're having then I suggest getting the latest beta build of byond, nu/tg/ fucked coders desided to fuck anything below it

I think that FTL craze we've got right now will calm down and people will want to proper spess mens, unless we can get ftl to a stage where it surpasses nu/tg/ in terms of content

lots of people tried and there's even someone trying to make it in doom which is still going on

it is a special snowflake furfag hell hole

Why? Drama or they just stopped working on it?

Uh mostly the latter. Some of the former?

You can't self-extinguish on lava planet tiles.

do me a favor and code in wrenching the thermoelectric generator so when atmos buggs out we don't have to beg the admins to fix it we can just take it apart and put it back together ourselves

you would be handy as a gunner since you already know how to target this is not a joke

closest living project I know of is doom engien ss13, most I know of have died, even a 3d one Centration
tgstation13.org/wiki/List_of_remakes

make setting up engine easy and you'll be leagues ahead, just remodel it like my most recent setup and the AI can handle the entire system, won't even need engineers to babysit it

we seriously need a simpler engine

it's a fucking 2D game, what, are you assmad because your netbook can't run it?

Im the one who tried to setup that engine. And while it works. It takes a lot more knowledge and another learning curve to set it up.

just having the best set up in for what's current isn't a solution to the problem it's a temp fix because and

Way to kill the hype OP. So,let's be honest, it's really fun but insanely flawed in all ways possible. Right?
Like Space Station13, but "better", and not finished even to alpha, really?

Sounds good to me, but don't oversell your product with lies. Can I play as a katana doctor to make clones?

Also forgot to say, that I'm 100% sure that many channers here have "moddable" 2d-game-engines coded just waiting to be used to actually make this happen with out BYOND. So… It's never going to happen.

>>>/oven/

shrink ray when?

inflation when?

wasps when?

Personally, I think the learning curve is important. Currently, there aren't many people who are as effective as engineers because while they can take apart and put together almost any machine and how to construct or repair almost anything, they aren't always good at troubleshooting. Atmos is a system that forces you to think "Wow, this is fucking shit. How can I do this better?" and rewards your autism with bigger, badder numbers and sometimes the respect (not really) of crew members who can't do things as efficiently as you can.

Not really. Power is fundamentally binary, you either have more than what the ship uses or you don't. There's some inertia to it with the SMES and the APC charges but for the most part what matters is making it run at all since it's pretty hard to have the Thermogenerator producing more than 0 and less than 200000

No. Nobody cares about the engine. You can ask them to be patient or not say anything at all, while you're placing pipes to make it work, the Captain will have already began FTL travel and the gunner will be emptying your SMES directly into his pulse cannon.

Whenever a round ends because the ship ran out of juice due to no engine being started, a lot of people won't even know why they are in such a predicament and they might even blame engineering even if there's no engineer.

Atmos surely requires a modicum of skill to net good results out of it but the problem here is the Shard that barely makes any sense. It's original implementation was simple, you merely wanted to vent all the gas out and pump cool gas in, making power from the radiation. The TEG was an afterthough to further recycle energy from the process.

Now you gotta worry about the concentration of oxygen and the output of the shard's chamber also feeds directly into it's intake as well as being the loop for the TE, so this leads to you wanting to cool the gas inside the hot loop, despite no cooler even being present in the engine except for the cold loop.

Everything about the engine is retarded and it doesn't make sense to have part of the game requiring a setup of 15 minutes or more when it's so crucial for everything else and nobody likes to do it anyway.
It would be like medics being unable to heal anyone until the geneticists decoded the entire genome.

Then why don't we add Rad collectors to produce the energy difference, replace an N2 tank with a plasma canister, replace the vent with two scrubbers, and add a freezer on the engine intake by default? That would reduce the setup to maybe 5 minutes or so and you could just hook up an empty tank to filter the oxygen into and put the empty plasma canister on the plasma output.

Does /tg/ code have the antimatter engine? That would be a lot more fitting, I think. Considering how fuel is a very important resource in FTL.

To elaborate, the reason it reduces the setup time is because you only need to set up the hot gas loop, turn on the freezer, fill and activate the (two?) rad collectors and turn on the emitter. You'll have power flowing into the SMES and you can give it extra juice from the TEG if you feel like it by dumping the leftover plasma from the canister into the cool loop.

It's just a matter of updating the map, I guess.

over rated

I want the rest of the crew to be as good as me so we can go kill pirates inside of an hour.

this

this post really speaks to me and I feel that with even more time I could retool it to produce additional energy via radiation now, but it's also pretty true, a zippo or cheap lighter or even a match could do the job of igniting the chamber

we have rad collectors on board?

lel

It's funny to hear this because I gave up on the shard and toss it out first thing in the round.
Then I head to the bar, order a Cheapo and put it lit up inside the chambel before flooding it with oxygen and plasma.

No. But I think science can eventually build them.
However it might be for nothing, I don't think this shard releases radiation. I set it up all the time with no protection (just the mesons) and never over cook myself.

There's a lot of strange and weird decisions with the map with some content clearly missing.
Unless there's a stethoscope on Medbay (and everytime I went looking for one, there wasn't) the Vault makes little sense as it's nigh impossible to open the vault without it.

If you think that's somehow less degenerate than homosex as guys, then kill yourself.

hi, coderfag here.

please post issues/bugs/pug reports okay thank you very much.

R E M O V E T G U I
E
M
O
V
E
T
G
U
I

Because people will use it for their fucked up ERP shit.

The shard releases radiation when it is energized.

how about you stop running IE8 and stop playing on a toaster oven?

people doesn't care about degeneracy uncle Holla Forums all that matters is what get your dick rocking hard. Should be about time you go back to your board, the elections are over, nobody cares anymore.

another reminder that in game preferences you can choose a No Frills mode for TGUI and it will run decently on your toaster oven computer.

Bloat and version-locking for simple features that affect literally every single usable console, canister and machine outside of vendors is terrible design. Specially when simple html menus can do everything tgui can.

Correction, tgui only works on older systems if No Frills is enabled. It still crashes clients if they aren't running IE11 and they try to load something like an Atmos alarm or the CMO's crew sensors console.

I know thats you koriath fuck off.

False. If No Frills are enabled, I am still able to work with Atmos alarms. I'm on IE8

koriath isn't even coderman i dont think
he just plays game

Why the actual FUCK is anyone running IE8?

I know you are koriath, kyron, or gitguds new pet just like Flammenwerfer.

Eitherway just host ss13 and stop holding onto this shit game mode.

What is that picture from?

wew lad

I worked for Dopaper long before I worked for gitgud.

Yet here you are namefagging in a ss13 thread.

And yet here you are giving a fuck.

Clearly not an argument.
I can agree with the host tripfagging as it prevents people getting false information from someone memeing that the station is shutting down but you are just a coder at best. Your input should be on the github not here.

U Feg NuMFeg

1 ship away from winning a round and ninjas and lings start appearing

That's just it, I'm not a coder. I might learn BYOND code and make some cool shit, but I'm one of the admins.

And I'm not the kind of admin that ends the round because I'm bored.

Ok so are you a gamemaster who can close the server?
are you gitguds equal.
If not stop namefagging

so to recap that because I am fuckin salty

sounds perfectly valid to me

lel

but seriously, a lot of the skills required to win are not possesses by most players

you need 3 engineers, one that knows how to set up engineering great, another that can pull hull breach duty thanks to all the carp, and a third that can put together the ship weapons and they will always be busy if you want the round done before 6 hours

and then you need 2 people for weapons because one guy needs to know his shit with the weapons console and another needs to know his shit with the MAC cannon

And then if you want the weaposn to not be shit you need a good researcher that can generate a lot of superior parts so that the cannons don't fire slow as shit and then MAYBE you can get it done in under 3 hours

you could have the researcher pull double duty with one of the weapons guys if you want a smaller crew, and the engine not needing maintenance and constant attention would free up an engineering position

but this was a ship crewed by an average of 3 people with a peak in the middle of 5, 4 competent

No.

dunno, we've done our objectives with 5 people in under an hour.

just get gud

whose we?

scratch that
I already know you're guys were practiced and experienced and not a ragtag bunch of good natured faggots

When will gitgud and his crew stop being such obvious metagamers? I mean, jesus crist.
Here's the log if anyone wants to see.
my.mixtape.moe/boagdm.htm
Filename is "log 2016-12-15 (6 43 pm).htm". Best viewed if you download it and then open it on your browser with the original filename.

I had him cloned twice, not an admin or metameme.

YYyyeah riiiiiight. A little too far-fetched for my tastes, specially when half the crew wanted him dead after stealing from the cap'n.

He was never sent to a gibber, not even his corpse.
I don't know about bwoinked and death bolts, but he was genuinely cloned and shit.

deathbolts were just for you to stop being a faggot, you were brought back to life multiple times after you were killed.

a munitions officer shouldn't be attempting to kill the clown.

HURR DURR
Apparently i'm killing him by using disablers, come the fuck on.

you dont even have sec access though????????????????????

Stop answering to the dramafag. Seriously, read back every single post he made and every response given to him, tell me what it looks like.
It's someone that drops in the thread and first thing he does is namedrop someone and then sperg out about what you can and can't do.
You guys should stop taking the bait like that, that's how these threads end up being all about the drama.
Do not, under any circunstance, discuss personas, nicks or identities at all.

You still don't bring players back from the dead just because someone was a dick to them, and you don't give them admin-spawn stuff just to piss someone else off and you especially don't go around killing players because they are shit.

Not to defend the MO that thinks he is actually Death Squad, but "solving" problems like that just creates derision in the community on what appears to be clear admin abuse.
If he is performing a shitty job as MO, jobban him.
If he prefers to play Sec Role when he signs up for other things, jobban him from everything but Sec.
If you want to give stuff to the clown, send him on a quest first, it keeps him busy from harassing other people and entertained as well.
And if you're just gonna kill someone, gib them instead of pretending it wasn't admin intervention at all.

Hell, in your position, I'd just had given him 75 Brain Damage and be done with that.
And do keep in mind that if the Clown stole weapons from the Captain, he was being an asshole to begin with, death was more than fair for him.

Actually, the captain shot him full of lethals purely for slipping him in the first place. I don't think the clown should have nigged the egun from the cap. I also don't think the MO should have left Munitions to chase after a clown. I didn't have much involvement in the situation other than the argument against killing the clown, and later a brief argument about how the clown was given a honkmother staff (not a great idea on reflection) and mk-honk shoes was somehow equivalent to being given a durand with an xray gun at roundstart. I saw no issue with arresting the clown and confiscating them. It was mostly intended for some short-term hilarity to stave off boredom. The Captain got sand in his cunt about being told not to lynch the clown for slipping him long before the slippocalypse.

Oh if that's the case, it should have been handled with a jobban for the captain instead right at the beginning and a warning about lynching people just because they are doing their job.
Things get quickly out of hand when admins start to intervene and if you don't screw everyone involved, someone is gonna complain you're playing favorites.

I stayed out of it for the most part because I was in game testing out how quickly the engine could be set up with a few minor changes. Adding just two radiation collectors and a freezer just before the air injector AT ROOM TEMPERATURE will still keep the crystal stable, and that will probably be the case even without the cold loop set up. Setup could be easily done in five minutes or less with fairly minor changes

that's with the hot loop alone (since it doubles as the intake, and just two rad collectors, running pretty easily above 200kW once you give the crystal time to get warmed up. Don't even have to turn off the emitter. Fun. If you're a bad enough dude, you can throw all the leftover plasma from the canister you used to fill the rad-collectors into the cool loop to more than double your power output (to nearly 500kW)

Shields keep bugging out, it's ridiculous and prevents all attempts at looting.

Can coderfag add some way for crewmen to pass through our ship shields without dropping them?
Maybe have all EVA suits bypass them, so we can still spess Cluwnes,, but you can come back?
Or an item that can be pinned to a jumpsuit like a medal that allows for the same thing?

Not sure how we'd go about dragging items through the shield, though. Perhaps an item that acts as a one-way teleporter, similar to how some servers have an item that allows Cargo Techs and miners to teleport crates and closets to a single telepad? Or you can designate a 3x3 area and it teleports everything in that area back to a small holding room in Cargo Bay?

Yeah, I noticed. Cool loop you did there GEDDIT and just like all others, I keep wondering "how is this supposed to not explode?"
Someone should redo the map with those changes.

I possessed a carp once to fuck around with some people and the fun thing is… I couldn't go in the shields but I could go out, for some reason.

It would still be much preferable to have teleporters instead that people can use to go directly inside the enemy ships, especially since hand-held teleporters allow you to come back as long as you started the teleporter. Perhaps have them work only when the enemy shields are down, if you use them before that, you're placed at the border of the shield.

Of course, you can always bug science to build a teleporter and spam hand-helds specifically for that, and they can even use Telescience (assuming it's still in) for the same effect.

Maybe what the ship needs is some empty rooms that the crew can fill up with whatever furniture they want and deem apropriate.
If we are going for a more "campaign" feel to the game and try to make 6 hour rounds something frequent, perhaps the idea of including respawn (after being dead for 15 minutes) as well as space to install upgrades for the ship that you have to build yourself could be a better idea.
Reduce the type of jobs, initial supplies and furniture and have the crew buy and build it during the round instead.

Shields are one-way, so getting out but not in is how it's meant to be.

A starting handheld tele in the Bridge or CE office would pretty much stop the problem,

gitgud more like massive nigger jew

this is what the ship needs, a means to create a teleporter portal to bring shit back

don't some mechs have that?

RnD can create teleporters, both the staionary hub kind that teleport you to arrivals/tcomms on other servers, and the pad ones that use coordinates.

Honestly, a single trip to a planet for ores and 20 minutes should be able to make a telepad, and you can use GPS and suit sensors to teleport shit.

Only downside is that you need to sit there and use a calculator, which isn't fun.

Is serbian ded?

that's no good gitgud reinstate this man right now

Gitgud was restarting due to

Still not up, he may just keep it down for a bit due to what happened.

this is what the ship needs, a means to create a teleporter portal to bring shit back

don't some mechs have that?

delicious

why not just have a beacon on a ship and have a durand or something with a teleporter to make a portal to it

FTL's interactions are largely through teleporters, too, so it would be a bit more in keeping with the other half of the equation.

Boy, what a loss, man.
What is it with homosexuals and attracting more homosexuals?
GitGud was a mistake.

As I said, there's telepad beacons that Cargo use to teleport shit. It's alreayd in /tg/ code, but it only works on closets, and is meant to work on crates but doesn't due to autism and no one caring to fix it.

Mechs can't teleport to beacons, but they can have portal guns. Haven't used them much myself, not sure if they'd solve the problem.

I'm new to 8/v/SS13, what's the gossip on all the admins?

The reason it doesnt explode is because as long as there's gas for the shard to absorb and the shard itself doesn't heat up over 800 degrees Kelvin, it will stay stable. That's why even a freezer set to room temperature will keep that from happening no matter how long the emitter is left on.

gitguds a huge power tripping faggot that no one likes, his last server fell to the same fate leading serria to make a new server that wasent total shit, but now serrias ded and we have to rely on the shit that is gitgud
deadmin didn do nuffin

GITGUD STOP BEING A NO FUN ALLOWED FUCKER

4CHON DON'T DELETE YOUR SHIT BECAUSE YOU'RE MAD

ALL OF YOU CALM DOWN AND HANDLE THIS LIKE ADULTS YOU AUTISTIC FUCKERS

Every single one in the past four iterations is absolute cancer and support the current state of affairs implicitly. I have seen nothing to the contrary, but I did check out for a few months, so maybe I'm off base.
Don't seem to be.

seriously just lets talk about this o.k?

The ship only needs bluespace crystals to build both kinds of teleporters, which can be adquired by mining and then you can make synthetic ones (if those are part of the code)

The calculator for Telescience isn't that hard, there's always a spread sheet or a program someone already made to calibrate it and use it in 20 seconds or so.

I think there's an upgrade for Mechs that lets them teleport at an heavy cost and Phazons can phase around.

Simple: if you're an admin for longer than 10 minutes, everyone will hate you. Forever. Unless you quit and then you're the best admin ever.
This only holds true for the thread though, frequented by people that play and people that don't play the game. Keep that in mind.

I just find it weird that you can pump cold gas inside the chamber and it comes out hot enough to still power the Thermo.
Every time I tried something like this, it's either too cool for the thermo or too hot for the shard. And in either case, the temperature still gradually grows until it fucks the shard.

gitgud is actually mark tier though i dont think we can reason with him

And Gitgud, you can't get mad at 4chong when he asked in OOC and everyone was pretty much okay with it. That's like me getting mad at that one guy when he emergency warped to save the ship and I was salvaging.

anyone can be reasoned with, all it takes is alot less assuming and alot more talking

Server is up now.

Does GitGud know everyone hates him, and if so, why doesn't he just ban everyone that disagrees with him like most hotpockets would?

Every single one of the past four iterations is just shitters getting banned for being shitter then drag ingame drama to the thread where it's magnified ten fold. I've played the game since May 2015 and it started off budding then it was just dead for the longest time with burst of activities now and then.

you are cooling and pressurizing the shard and it reacts in such a way that it instantly heats it, also the chamber is hot so it heats the cooler gas

im willing too but so far every person ive met whos played on gitguds servers before refuse to join this one because of how much of a kike he is

I'm restarting the server in just a second to fix some shit. If it's up that's a fluke, there's some stuff that needs to be unfucked like the handling of RSC during the update script.

Also upstream pulls, there's some weapons stuff added.

I'm talking to 4chongerino right now.

That's because the crystal gets really hot, producing heat, pure o2, and plasma. You need to pump N2 in and filter out the oxygen and plasma. The o2 gets filtered so that the superheated N2/plasma goes into the thermo, then the plasma is filtered out. The remaining N2 gets cooled and pumped back in, starting the cycle over again and using its awesome heat absorbing properties to cool the crystal before it gets sucked out with O2 and Plasma. I also replaced the vent with a scrubber and set it to siphon for more efficient exhaust. Plasma and N2 have the highest specific heats (and thus heat absorption) of all the gases ingame except for freon.

I don't think he actually is, just autistic like the rest of anyone who plays ss13, I think that those people just got a feeling for gitgud and refuse to actually be direct with him, this kinda thing has happened to me alot on 4 and 8 chan

spiderfag go and stay go

gitgud you need to learn that no one likes the way you act, every server you host has died to drama and the like. Like really how many admins have been chased away at this point, this shit needs to stop

Chaos, stop. Don't bother arguing about that here. Keep those discussions in OOC in the game.
Nothing productive comes from discussing moderation for the server in here and nothing productive comes from talking about names in a chan.
I'm sure the relevant parties are already talking about this like grown ups and ignoring the shitposting, just like everyone should do.
Don't feed the drama and let it spill on the thread, mate.

Connections to gitgud.io are unusually slow today so it's going to take a bit before everything gets finished up. The server should be ready to go within the hour hopefully.

you're probably right

Server's back online and good to go, I've sought a second opinion about 4chongerino and we'll see what happens with possible staff changes or internal reforms.

I've decided to reinstate 4chongerino after talking with Derflammenwerfer about the situation. We're going to take Friday night to hash out a new ruleset for FTL13 with better procedures for dealing with whatever we may encounter in the new codebase and community. This'll be done over voice chat, more details in a bit.

ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS
ALLOW FUN ADMINS

NO FUN ALLOWED

don't make me draw stupid sprites at you now nerdlord!

argh. This video would've been redeemable if it didn't oust itself as just some armchair-warrior leftist anthem. As if its saying anyone who opposes corporatism must be leftist. Fucking retards

DELET THIS

You do realize that in the 80's-90's the left was actually a despised counter-culture with valid points right? The Reagan administration and Bush Administrations, combined with the Clinton Administration's "pretend Democrat" deal saw generally conservative politics prevail. And let's not pretend fucked up shit did not happen during all of those presidencies.

Anyways, both sides of the political spectrum have their merits and their failings. The current political landscape is a product of not just ignoring your failings, but holding them up as a model of what's right about your given political philosophy. Both sides of the spectrum are also now largely represented by their authoritarian wings, which generally want less discussion and more compliance or faith.

Think critically user. Context and nuance matter.

o.k no need to yell now

How long before Sierra, Chaosyourgod or the rest of the autism group tags along?
This game is dead on arrival.

Derflammenwerfer's been an admin the entire time, and chaosyourgod is a regular? Where have you been dude?

i feel retarded even asking but how the fuck do i connect to this server

crtl o

ctrl+ o then copy ip into first box

Fucking low energy, get some style.

i almost forgot what it was like

A few ideas/thoughts:

RnD is fucked. You cannot max it at all. For some strange reason, guides from /tg/ and Paradise won't work. You just get stuck about halfway, and there's items you should be able to make, like mech syringe guns, not appearing.

Shields are fucked, and we can't really fix that, it's up to upstream.
A solution, albeit temporary, would be to give the crew a hand teleporter at round start. Just chuck it on the bridge or something, and have a tracking beacon placed somewhere, probably cargo warehouse.
All you need to do is open the portal and push through the items, solved.
This is still only temporary, and someone should bitch upstream to get them onto it.

Kitchen should have a few more food items around to cook. Botany is never fucking done, leaving everyone with only carp to eat.

Engineering always has troubles with the TEG and SM, even if they know what they're doing. Giving us 1 more SMES and a crate of solar panels (You have to set them up yourselves) would solve this problem, as even idiots can now have power. SMES if just so there's backup, as solars obviously aren't as powerful, and will get hit by pirates.

Oh, and if you do go ahead with adding the hand teleporter, we need large notices on server join not to leave the shields until it's fixed.

Oh, and someone should actually test that you can push phase cannons through the hand tele. If you can't we'll need something like a telepad room prebuilt or the parts for one placed somewhere like the RD's office.

Any relation to Jinteki.net?

Yeah, from what I can tell tech levels have been manually gimped. There IS a way to get past this. Anomaly cores still allow you to max most of your tech levels.

Does it surprise anyone that those most critical of the players and the server are the people that play the least and only (1)post in the thread?

I'd rather have the ship be expanded with empty rooms you can build on instead of just giving things for free to the crew.
And give the option to collect the necessary resources to research and build said upgrades, of course.
If the ship starts with a teleporter from the start, Scientists lose value.

I've seen plenty of people doing botany already. It helps that there's BEES and a machine to manipulate the genome of seeds.

By the way I think if you properly set up a portable tcomms relay on a planet, it will allow your spacepod to travel to it with the FTL tracker installed, as well as preventing instant ghosting if the ship leaves without you.

here's some more map suggestions to the ship which no one but me will understand

Simple tweak we should do:
remove Laywer and other superficial jobs for now.
I'd keep clown in, but most other jobs removed along with reworking acess.
Fuse:
Dunno what I'd call the the last one.

The main idea is to give people more flexibility for when we're short on players. Also reduce the "I need acess to THIS" players bugging the HoP. Oh right, and fuse the HoP with the Pilot, call it "Helm Officer"
Then remove Investigator, Warden and Security Officer. Call them Troopers.
Also, since there's no traitors, we could use a place where some guns are given out to the whole crew. Defense against carps and the like. No X-ray rifles, just a 9mm pistol or something like that.

wait no, missed something

The map layout has already changed a bit from that image, open the new map up and revise your plans a bit. Maybe describe them with words so people can actually comment on what you want.

no and lets add back in mime since mimes are superior to clowns

yeah I know

The problem with those jobs is that frequently we have understaffed departments with a Laywer/Clown running around.
On one hand, sure, the guy wants to have fun with a non-serious job.
On the other, we get no power/no healling/no research/no FTL jumping because there's noone doing it.
Screwing around is fine for SS13, but it's kinda pointless in FTL13 since the meat of the game is travelling to new places and seeing new things.

sure but that doesn't mean they can't help out

that doesn't seem to be the case for every round I've seen yet, although what seems to happen is heads do the whole of their department job while everyone else fucks about

this also isn't going to change if you merge/remove jobs, it's down to the player how he plays what happens as a result of that is just how everyone else has to deal with, however adding new jobs might help since then new players to that job would take the time to learn it for abit at the very least

Let's not go that way. The clown can in theory help setup the engine and rebuild parts of the station, but this means using gear\material he not only doesn't have on his person, he will also need acess he doesn't have.

Because someone took the time to be usefull instead of fucking around. And while sometimes they enjoy the engine autism, I garantee this doesn't last and often they'll be doing it because they know nobody else will do it. And that's just forcing a few players to always play a role because everyone else just wants to fuck around.

Seriously?

More jobs doesn't help, it just further divides the acess people have to the ship, and they are not gonna be picked anyway by newer players if they have any responsability attached to them.

which can be solved in 1 or 2 minute time, you could instead make it so that heads can give out limited access in their offices which would deduce the start up time by alot

that's kinda engineering/atmos in a nut shell tbh if we add to the current set up a lessser tesla/singu then at the very least people without autism could get power up in less then five minutes

you can yell at people all you like, if they're not doing it then they're not doing it, admins can step in and ban them for it but that doesn't really change the situation since you've technically not lost a player

I said might and it depends on if there's other players in that job branch already who're willing to teach, although this does give me an idea that every job branch should have a "trainee" job.

Still requires Heads to be present, which doesn't always happen. And they do have an ID computer in their office specifically for this.

Then they don't get to complain we are stranded all the time. Might as well I play engineer when I feel like it, not when it's necessary. What do I care we aren't going on spess adventures because the SMES was spent in laser shots? I have a gorgeous banana plantation.

you're not wrong there, though I don't think people realize they can get access from them fuck I didn't know till you said

they still will, they'll wonder around the ship for five minutes and ruin everything then go brain dead because they don't know how to make their own fun so they demand others give it to them, just how it's going to be removing the useless jobs wont change this

it's still going to happen because they're that kinda pathetic

I would assume those adverse to faggotry would play less by proxy.
is not the same as
and as far as I can tell population is still far lower and mostly new people, I see a lot of new names but very actual old regulars.

The clown that was backed by the admins yesterday that ruined everything for everyone, did exactly what df18f7 said: Just fuck around and be a huge nuiance to the rest of the crew instead of helping at all. If anything, those jobs are a cancer that does not need any enablers, else we get pubbie shitters who constantly look for excuses to valid on both sides.
Those who actually want to FTL13 and spess adventures and those who think this is SS13 in a different map are two entirely different spectrums. This will end in that the FTL autists end the SS13 ones with lasers for breaking literally anything or before they cause any mayor damages. Or the SS13 autists make it impossible for the FTL ones to get anything done and request for tators to be spawned due to the boredoom they caused.

In any case, i support the notion to simplify jobs and remove useless jobs. There's no reason to have a lawyer in a battleship, specially when there's no courtroom avaible for them, or a clown/mime without a theater. All they'll do is cause trouble and if they don't they should have chosen more useful jobs.

I ain't mad at the admins, but there's a fucking limit to the amount of shit Clowns should be allowed to get away with.

I agree with this to a point. Lawyer, librarian, and other civilian jobs with no section on the ship can be removed, but I don't think the clown needs to be removed just yet. Rather, we should modify the rules regarding clowns to better suit how the ship needs to function. For example, there is already a rule that states anyone, if they are deliberately making a nuisance of themselves/greytiding, can be summarily executed if they continue to do so while the general quarters alert is active.

We could add to that, saying that in addition, obstructing or creating workplace hazards within or in the immediate viscinity of critical departments - The Bridge, Medbay, Engineering, Security, Cargo, and any exterior airlocks - will result in an immediate demotion.

Fair warning, if you do not set the General Quarters alert or abandon the bridge when the ship is under attack, I will remind you twice before I jobban you from Captain for the day. Repeat offenses afterward will escalate the ban time. If there is no Captain, it falls to the Helms Officer, the Weapons Officer after that, and then the Acting Captain after that. Setting this alert is a requirement for ANY officers on the bridge if the Captain is not present on the bridge when combat begins. Killing a crewmember without this alert active will be treated by me as validhunting except in reasonable self defense as defined by Space Law

REMEMBER: Being a clown is not a license to be a dick. Golden rule, people.

What the fuck can a clown do to help the crew except slip people and steal their shit? The one faggot who's been namefagging and doing nothing but play clown that you guys have been helping does nothing but ruin everyone else's shit. I mean, look at . I bet you still haven't banned him despite destroying MO office more times than he's been allowed to live for more than 5 seconds, the fact you bwoink people for lynching someone who is stealing laser guns and shit from others by slipping is just ridiculeous.

I still believe he's part of a metacirclejerk that you guys are in with, cause no one favoritizes someone so asinine and unfun to play with just for the excuse that he's a clown and his job is to slip people which is bullshit. His job is to entretain the crew, not to find ways to steal from high-ranking officers and killing people at random after being validated by the admins.

It seems history has a tendency to repeat itself seeing how that's not a new problem.
In regular SS13, it was the RPfags that actually wanted to pretend they were crewmen aboard a space station, do their job and have fun by roleplaying their character versus (and there's a good reason I'm saying versus) the Validhunters that played the game as Trouble in Terrorist Town in Space.

Both groups were quite incompatible, the first prefering a more slow and varied game for the sake of roleplaying and having fun with that while the second practically made an e-sport out of murderboning and validhunting and hated the RP part because it stiffled their gameplay. The result is that any server trying to accomodate both results in constant bitching and complaining from both sides because nothing you do appeases both at the same time.

FTL13 might be more critical however, since the RPfags are actually taking the game seriously and get quite frustraded being surrounded by those that used to validhunt and now just fuck around. And again, both types of players are incompatible. We can only pander to one group and quite frankly… Those that want to fuck around have literally every other server for themselves.

those engineering changes are ass

for starters switch the gravity with the shields don't move them left. then there is less time spent when you have to swap canisters for the shields or just want to pipe the whole thing together

moving cloning closer to the entry is not a bad idea tho
maybe shorten maint and just shift genetics to the right so maint can just go straight up and med bay has more space
have the engineering staff room exit left into maint instead of up

bottom of the ship isn't even accurate any more

moving robotics up and having maint run beneath it would be fantastic though because then fuckign carps could not break in as easy and engineers would not have to break in or go to space to fix the god damned windows and shit in robotics would stop spacing

we definitely need bar and kitchen closer to middle so maybe shove robotics in the middle next to that storage and janitor, maybe shift janitor and storage around a bit so its robotics in the top left corner and janitor and storage beneath it

I gave a clown full access on the "literally 6 hours" round because it was just me and him
clown saved my life by preforming surgery and removing my appendix

Clowns can be bros

Those jobs don't have to be entirely removed, though. A more interesting idea is to place empty rooms on the ship and some basic materials like stacks of metal and glass around, making it a construction area.
Players are free to build whatever they want in there, from libraries to shops, officers or trial rooms.

Then replacing all those jobs by a single Civilian role and putting a machine somewhere that sets the acess of an ID Card to the Civilian one but allows you to rename it at will means those players can log in, change their ID to Librarian\Comic Books Guy\Inquisitor or whatever they feel like, build their thematic room and have fun without interfering much with the rest of the crew.

Clown and Mime would be the exception since they have special traits of their own that require spawning as one. But for that, we might as well change it so they xeno races restricted to Civilian roles since that's pretty much what Clowns and Mimes are in SS13.

To add onto that:
I can understand the no Law Office or Library because its a ship, not a space station, but at least add in some shit for the Clown/Mime.

Just because a couple of validshitters decide to ruin people's fun, doesn't mean you should go full NO FUN ALLOWED and get rid of them. SS13 is not supposed to be a serious game faggot, there's fucking Clowns and Lawyers for a reason. Hell, the Clown is one of the most recognizable jobs from the game. It's like removing the Slime from Dragon Quest, or Koopas in the Mario games.

What other servers? Nu/tg/ and Yog where you get banned for saying nigger? Or /vg/'s namefag circlejerk? Baystation with its no fun allowed policy? Or what about Hippie and it's 5 minute rounds? The problem is that there's no other good servers.

We need a guide or something to setting up the TEG. It's obtuse as fuck, and oftens just means the crew sits around doing nothing until someone who knows what they're doing comes along.

The idea of the server is not to explore Maintenance but rather other planets, there's where you'll find neat shit.
It's also a relatively small ship, a bar is already a luxury, law offices or furniture specifically for clowns and mimes makes no sense.

Those jobs are not to be removed because of shitters, they are to be removed because they make no sense in the current codebase.
It's a ship that receives a mission from NT and goes off into space to explore, fight, scavenge and return back. Laywers, clowns, chaplains and librarians make no sense here.
They are also to be removed because a lot of players are picking them and leaving crucial jobs empty, resulting in a very boring ship that doesn't go nowhere to explore space.
Those jobs simply don't do anything interesting in the current codebase, that's all.

Your inability to complain with their rules is not a problem this server has to deal with. You have every other server to play default SS13 while the rest of the players only has the original FTL13 server and this one. If you want to fuck around instead of helping the crew, you'd feel more at ease in any of those servers despite their shortcomings then in a server where you're expected to pull your own weight and help the crew.

downloaded the code to try fucking around with the map, can anyone point me in the right direction?

see

fuck forgot my pic

When you say fuck around with the map, you mean edit it?

Open DreamMaker.exe and find the .dme file in the folder you downloaded.
tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_mapping

yes

at the top, done

joining to make sure people have a running engine

Having to comply with their SJW-tier rules is not a problem? Some people don't like to get fucked in the ass by faggot mods and their lapdogs.
Not only that, why not at least use >>11485775's idea? We should at least have some fun, civilian jobs. SS13 is not some fucking drama set in space, if you want faggots roleplaying as their donut steels with troubled pasts, try Baystation.

My reply got fucked
I meant this user's idea:

Go to the maps folder and click SpaceSHIP. Should open up a map.

Not very well versed in editting them, I only ever open them to find all the goodies for teleporters. Check that guide I sent you.

You open the .dme and then you learn how to map the station blatantly copy-paste shit around because that's much easier.

Oh no, that's pretty much a problem alright. But that's your problem and nobody else has to solve it for you.
Just because you want to fuck around and can't find a server to do it in doesn't mean you can join an FTL13 server and do it here instead.

Civilian jobs should be present for the day we need filler jobs when everything else full so we don't actually need them :^) but parts of the station or large amounts of the crew dedicated to them? No, that shouldn't be the focus or the priority of the game. Exploring space, engaging in combat with the syndicate, performing science to improve the crew and keeping the engine running and the shekels flowing, that's what this server should be about.

It's not because of the one shitter. I think some jobs do need to stay, but others dont HAVE anything to do.

How are people validhunting?
I've played maybe 8 rounds, and there's never been an antag. As far as I know, it's all about working together to shoot shit.

if koriaths moral system gets put in, then they'd have something to do

They aren't. As in, there's nothing to validhunt. Doesn't invalidate them from being cunts and toeing the line to bait other people and start shit for fun, just like validhunters do when they can't find a mark.

Yeah, it is and that's what's so great about the server. Maybe if we can adjust to this we might end up having tougher and harder oponents to fight against and make campaigns instead of simple objectives.

Koriath wanted a moral system to be purely cosmetic and offer no downsides, just positive "you feel good :D" things.
Mine is considerably more advanced and punitive\rewarding but also made so things don't get out of control.
I still gotta test it before I upload it (because this ain't Koriath Kode) but I hope to have it ready this weekend.

was it you who wanted those icons then?

Yeah, I already added them in and I have the code sorta running. Just struggling a bit with preferences (it's gonna be optional for the non-emotial people) and make it actually run since the buff thing isn't working.
Also, import it from the previous codebase into this one, not looking forward to that…

JUST

You, user… You possess vision. You see it for what it is and see how it can evolve. This is the mindset that creates things like FTL13 in the first place.

11/10

And this is how Skriless came back to the ship and composed the only good song he ever made: Reptile.

How to set up a phase cannon
To set one up from scratch, grab a Phase Cannon board. There's one spawned in Tech Storage, East of the MAC, or RnD can make them.

Grab the following:
EVA suit, air, 10 metal, a coil of wire, a full toolbox/belt, 1 micro-manipulator or better, 1 micro-laser or better and 1 battery cell.

Go to the red airlock between Cap's Office and Vault. Put on the suit and air so you don't die and fuck up more than usual. Go outside, and walk over to the current cannon.

Alt-click on the tile with the phase cannon. Stand north of it and use wires on the knot of wire underneath the existing cannon.
Now, walk back to the West of the cannon, and click the tile underneath it with wire. IF YOU DON'T REPLACE THIS THE FIRST CANNON WON'T FIRE.

Now, make some metal rods. 3 should do the trick. Also make 4 tiles. You can place rods on space to make a grille. You can then place another rod on the grille to make a catwalk or place a tile to make plating. Apply tiles and catwalks to make something like pic related. Also add wires like the picture, you need those knots or it won't work.

Ensure your plating is at least 1 tile away from the window, in case of overheating/explosions.

Now, on the plating, use the metal to build a machine frame. Add wires, then add the circuit board. Add a micro-laser, micro-manipulator and battery, screwdriver it. Make sure the cannon is facing to the right, away from the Bridge. If it's not, just drag it around behind you until it's facing the right way and on top of the wire knot. Wrench it, weld it and you're done.

Go back to the weapons console, scan for new weapons, and pew pew.

RnD can upgrade the cannon to fire faster, hold more charge and do more damage.

If you've got a cannon from salvage
Same stuff, just make the knot, wrench and weld it and scan on the console. Upgrade when possible.

:^)

This is SS13 as much as it is FTL
Be the powergaming nigger you always wanted to be except this time for the forces of good

poal.me/uh46gi

ara ara or you get robusted

Oi I'm laffin!

Apparently the SM wasn't being cooled, but the filters and whatnot were all in place and working.

Oh I almost forgot, we need a nerf to phaser cannons make them have a 1.5 second cool down after being fired. when we had 3 up and running I could just mash the shit out of the button and nuke anything that crossed our line of sight.
we could also use some more ship weapons, right now we only have two (being the MAC and phase cannons) if we could add shit like flack that fires 5-9 shots which each deal 0.33 damage with a 2-3 room spread or for balance sake it hits 3 rooms out of a 3x3 cube centering around the picked room giving it the chance to miss if the selected room is too close to the edge or the ship is small
Oh and more shit on planets alot of people wanted that too

oh fam, I am sorry

did you remember to lower pressure by draining O2 and inject coolant as needed?

I would prefer configuring MAC to fire people in shells to board the enemy ship

the ships arnt actually there though, once they blow up the game spawns in the wrecks is all

Evidently not. I thought the problem was the filted under the freezer, as it was facing the wrong way, but as I got it fixed, 2 seconds after it blew up. It was only on 60%, too.

We had 12 up.
HoS spammed top 6, I was AI and spammed bottom 6.
Shit died very quickly.

4chon added cooldowns to the lasers already, on his local branch. He set it to 3s, I think, but that's a tad high, and should go down to 1-2.

I asked about this. It's just simulated fights, can't do boarding parties yet.

I was the hos though, I meant once we had 3 we could nuke things,how do you think I killed all the ships while you fags we're stuck outside the shields?

shit

I've had it jump from 7 to 85 in 2 announcements
always relieve pressure first and then follow up with enough coolant to bring it down if necessary always

whether or not power is being produced is secondary to the chamber overheating and blowing the super matter shard

fug

did you guys need 2 boards or were you able to do this on one console screen?

One screen.
I just scrolled to the bottom.

we just used one screen fam it was pretty funny watching beams of phasers come out from the bridge

nice

Yeah, the MAC is hella good for bringing down the shield generators of big ass ships for the phasers to rip open

That was mighty odd, figured you were ghosted after we finished the jump.

god damnit this really shouldn't be working

I mean shit, fucking life hacks man

Heaters should require internal combustion via a small amount of material + a fuel source
Initially it should be plasma but when fully upgraded you should be able to pump it up to "fission-fueled"-tier and generate some serious heat using a ton of uranium.
Coolers should require a water source or be an outlet removing thermal energy at a rate proportional to a massive gas-catcher protruding out from it into space, like oekaki related, acting as a dramatically more efficient and powerful parallel to thermal pipes.

I remember that round. I got giblikated by one of those shots while scavanging. My brains ended up splattering against the bridge windshield.
Good times.

So I've come up with a few simple suggestions over the few autistic 8 hour shifts ive played. Firstly medbay needs a few tweaks. It really needs body bags, somewhere to store corpses, and roller beds. Also for the love of god remove the fuckin windows because even if no one is inside carps still break in due to all the monkeys n shit. Secondly regarding the munitions bay and weapons. The mac cannon currently has a glitch where the breach sprite disappears sometimes if the cannon is loaded. It would also be nice to be able to load up any extra munitions into the various magazines but they currently have a six shell limit on each, ten or so would be more reasonable so we dont end up with a bunch of fuckin shells all over the place. Thirdly it would be really fuckin nice if the hallway windows or most windows at all had blast doors so we wouldn't have to deal with carp breaking in every god damn five seconds and its a space ship after all so why would it have tons of god damn windows all over the place that can be easily broken? Fourthly the mining pod. The pods FTL system doesn't seem to work. Also there's the problem of z levels being completely fucked so if you go too far out mining in an asteroid belt you could end up in deep space randomly with no way to get back to the ship. Finally there are too many god damn cockroaches.

Have you tried setting up the portable tcomms relay? You need to have one set up to use the pod FTL iirc

Also, I agree. Each set of exterior windows needs a set of shutters and a button to toggle them. This also doubles as a way for an AI or crew member to attempt to close off a hull breach to prevent all the atmosphere from draining into space while engineering works on sealing the holes.

4chong you meme the HoP was shitting up the round and attacking people
i didnt have time to respond to your ahelp sorry fam

m-no bulli blease

Yeah, I saw that too, being a ghost at the time. Ban lifted, just keep in mind you should respond to an admin PM before in-character shit, K? If you get keked while answering an admin message, it's not your fault.

WHAT IS THIS

I've come to the conclusion that Pressure is more important than temperature

also according to another user plasma holds like 300 units of energy and O2 holds like 20

taken from tg station guide

also next time put down some damn meters jesus christ

I'll try to implament this later, with an intake for the cool line probably near the top

gg

i wish :(

Hotloop pressure matters, you don't need cold loop to be high pressure, just as low as possible in temp (

never mind I guess

well you seem to know your shit

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

I want to give her the pearl necklace decal.

Infinite power works, now watch your cannons fire nonstop and recharge faster than they deplete.

new design works better, as expected
it doesn't even use upgraded parts

pasma canister was at 9000k peressure when the gas was fed into each side tho

That is something you show anyone with a basic understanding of Physics and Thermodynamics to make them kill themselves, because that's unbelievably fucking retarded.

What is happening there is that the energy the Heater and the Cooler are consuming to produce that result is far, far lower than the output of that engine.
If this was realistic in anyway whatsoever, it would take tremendous amounts of energy to heat and cool the gases compared to what you could produce with the Thermo.
It's essentially the problem of the "Perpetual Motion Machine", only with thermodynamics.

Alternatively, it's a 3-loop engine. A hot loop, a cold loop and a loophole

Is the spam bot back again or has anyone coded shekels in already?

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

Bloodborne
Disgaea 5
King Of Fighters 14.
Future Tone

who gives a fuck, you're going to be bottoming out keys anyway. it's all preference

I dare anyone to play MGSV and say pacing isn't important afterwards.

San Fierro wasn't as interesting and Los Santos or Las Venturas.

Panther for lyfe

Is there a lord or merchant she hasn't let inside her?
Geralt literally first meets her while she is fucking a guy to sleep at his house, because the inn isn't fancy enough.
She is the emperor's "adviser", as in she advises him to fuck her harder every night.

Triss for waifu.

These are all spam, Vol.
Reporting my own post so you see these posts, as reporting 5 posts is too hard :^)

Can someone make a guide that's fairly thorough for people who don't know how to do atmos on setting up the TEG?
It's pretty shitty as I don't have the concentration to learn the entire system, and the only other option is wait for an hour for someone to appear while you autism in Virology or Genetics.

I'm sure there are other anons in the same boat.

Fuck that, you don't need any guide since the laws of physics don't properly apply at all.
Just do what this dude did:
It will work out just fine, you'll produce more power than the heater and the cooler use up.

But you know what would be REAL fun? Upgrading the Heaters, Coolers, the Thermo and the SMES with science. That shit should manage to generate so much power you could crash the server with a stack overflow.

So tonight something neat happened
I killed the first Collossus almost all by myself the only other help i got was from a guy with a pulse destroyer helping me out in the very end

I'll do like a report on the TEG and why the default design is ultra shit some time in the future but for now is right, fuckit and do what I did here

but if you're really smart you'll connect the yellow wires to the red wires in engineering and feed that power directly into the ship

we dont need TEG's anymore :^)

wat?
did you figure a new way to generate power or what?
the TEG is the most important part since that wires into the grid

yeah nah, that's bullshit

Same round.

Unintended bonus, we then had two cloners for "cloning twice as many".

I can't recall if this was earlier or later, but there were more shenanigans with the medbeams.

Got cloned, then as I awake, I see the Captain outside the genetics window.

Medbeams are 10x funnier than Pulse weapons.

This also relates to liggers (and by liggers I mean scalies) so this is relevant as well as FNgYH23a

I hate FTL, but love SS13. Is this something I'd like?

probably

were hitting extreme shenanigan levels and having a good time with the intended content too

Quads of truth.

When you think of FTL compared to this, it isn't really the same. All that changes for the general crew is that you can't go mining straight away and every now and then you have to go outside and scavenge supplies from enemy ships that you've defeated.

The only true FTL feature is the weapons console, which is the generic FTL strategy of "spam every weapon on shields until they die". You don't aim for anything else or you may destroy loot.

Not much else to do outside of mine on lava planets, steal the exact same things from stations and shoot ships, but I'm sure it will get better upstream and with our local updates.

Ice planets and Habitable planets need to actually generate things on them, then we can get to having actually fun adventures. Also, porting /tg/+paradise's Space Ruins for when we're in orbit would be nice.

have you explored them as a ghost?

I found a tomb, paradise, a necropolis gate and an evil dungeon full of dudes on lava world as ghost

I've been to both and just went straight up, with a bit of zigzagging. Didn't find anything, and no one else did, so I assumed they were empty.

Everytime I mention it in game, no one corrects me or they agree, so fault is mine.

Perhaps the structures on ice planets are the same as lava ones in terms of their frequency. It makes sense to have them sparse on lava planets, as there's mining to do, but on planets where there's nothing else, it would be really hard to find any of them without mindlessly sweeping in 15 tile chunks.

cough

checked

Oh wow so truly dead on arrival then?
Does he still RP as a super experimental robot that cannot be killed?
I already know the answer to that.

it's been alive with at least 10-20 people on a night for since the change to ftl13

Shame on you. He posted the same shit 3 days ago user. Treat them like the Bui poster: don't reply.

All it took was bending a few laws of thermodynamics

very nice

Old round is over, new round is coming up, folks.

so try not to fuck up

too late

You just copypasted the rules from somewhere else, right? This can't be real.

Apparently not enforced because we call each other kikes, niggers, faggots, the whole nine yards.

Hit rules in the game and it links to
8ch.net/nt/rules.html
rulesets that require more than 4 or 5 rules are absolute garbage, who thought this was a good idea

Rules are hardly ever a problem, what's enforced is what matters. Please stop being outraged by concepts.

Communities that require more than 4 or 5 rules are absolute garbage more like. Rules are always created to mend a specific situation that someone took advantage of in the past. Each and every single rule is a record of someone else's shitty behaviour, even if not a menber of a particular community.

Also, please adress each particular rule individually, don't just blanket-judge them all like that.

You don't do this. Ever. This is a sign of bad rules, not a reason to make more rules.
Flowery wording: more effectively

This also eliminates #4, $5, and #12.
is incredibly self explanatory and should be addressed as
This also eliminates #7 and #8.

is better addressed like
This also eliminates #6 and #11.

is irrelevant but should be addressed as
This also eliminates #12.

should be
which also handles #13, of course.

Five rules, that's all it takes. One if you really hash it out to "don't be a faggot".
#14 isn't even a rule, and most of these "specific cases" are based on the same few issues. No amount of sophistry and shitposting will correct admins failing to identify what should or shouldn't be handled IC.

Your first wording of that rule doesn't have the original meaning anymore.
The idea is not just "do your job" but also "let other players do their role, don't override their job".
You know what I said about "rules are created to mend bad practices"? It's because a lot of shitty players go around the station like a goddamn Mary Sue doing every role despite someone already being staffed for that.

Your second re-wording doesn't adress how liberal the concept of self-defense is to some people to the point that Security is a moot point.
Why do you think the "Not Cargo" part is there? Because Gun Cargo was a thing. Again, mending shitty behaviour in the past.

Your third rewording has literal to do with the original spirit of that rule, that roleplaying has limits in how far you can go.
It has nothing to do with how immersive you roleplay, it's about how you can't justify shitty behaviour with roleplay.
Take a guess as to why that rule and those examples were placed there.

Your fourth re-write completely misses the point. The idea of the game is that everyone (with the exception of traitors) was hired by Nanotransen to work in SS13 and we are all just doing our job to collect a paycheck back home.
Frequently, some players completely disregard life beyond the station and do shitty things that do not make any sense for a loyal or at least half-smart employee to do up to and including revolting and shooting at CentComm Officials, something that has happened before and forced this rule to be created.

The fifth re-write is not about IC in OOC, it's about using multiple accounts to play the game, those are 2 separate actions.
And all 3 of the things you mentioned happened way before any similar rule was put in place in any server. Again, mending shitty behaviours people did.

One rule, "Don't be a dick" is already one rule too many.
Rules are not in place to dictate how you should play.
Rules are not in place to prosecute and screw you.
Rules are not in place to limit fun.
Rules are not in place for completely arbitrary reasons.

Rules are put in place to protect you from someone else's shitty behaviour because someone, somewhere in the past as done precisely what that rule is ammending.
You can complain all you want, in the end it's not a problem for you unless you plan to break any of those rules.
"Don't be a dick" is still a very accurate TL;DR for any rewrite you may want to make and if you don't break that, you won't have a problem.

If "Don't be a dick" is too ambiguous for you or if you're one of those "how can I have fun without being a dick?" then no amount of rules or re-writes is ever gonna help you not be shit and you'll be banned in no time regardless of what flawless reasoning you believe to have.

is all you're obligated or expected to do. You don't need to handhold others but you also shouldn't stop people from booting up the engine if it has to be done.
Self-defense is a cut and dry concept and it's not valuable or reasonable to specify specific examples of people just up and being wrong.
Literally addresses the concept of roleplaying a "crazy jihadi" and also covers the concept of playing an outright fascist. It allows for roleplay but still explains an area where roleplay can go too far. Take a guess why? Why the fuck would I? You don't know what rules exist for or to serve. It's like that kid that doesn't think things through and makes up a new house rule every time they lose at monopoly.
The #9 and #12 had no point. It is assumed you are working as staff on the station. 'how 2 roleplay' was substituted with a more concrete explanation on how and when to listen to staff when they tell you you're fucking up.
We had those rules since day fucking one you lying sack of shit. OOC rules or even direct anti-metafriend or multilog rules have been there since Nel and it's probably the only set of rules that deserve to belong, honestly.
The irony here is that the rules set in place are in place to do those things but fail to achieve even that. Rules are in place to control and influence interactions between players, and that's why they're shit. If you're going to do them, at least do them clearly and effectively.
Why ask me to address "rule for rule" if you're going to throw your hands up and say "that's just the way it is" when actually called on it?
You fuckers are the ones who continuously drive away from "Don't be a dick" by creating these arcane rules based on garbage that could be addressed on a case-by-case by normal and competent staff and fall under general categories. Provide an example where the rules I set forth couldn't address a situation the current lol14rules could.

So which server is played on the most?

jinteki

Thanks!

Alone on the server fuckers, get on here round just started.

I've personnaly seen faggots breaking into medbay to steal kits so they wouldn't depend on medics.
I've seen Atmos techs stealing boards and doing R&D on their own in their autism fort.
I've seen people stealing guns or makeshifting someone and pretending they are the law.
And worst of all, I've seen the people trying to do those jobs watch that happen, give up and sign up as Assistant next round.
If you don't understand why that rule is written as it is, try to play more often.

You'd think so, but then again we have killbaiting and plausible deniability.

Sucks that you're not only dense, you prefer to stay that way.
There was indeed someone opening tank-valves for their jihad, talking about 72 virgins. There have been multiple instances of people pulling the most shitty behaviour and then trying to justify it with their roleplay.
This is what I meant about "rules ammending past mistakes", but you're very defensive about changing your mind.

And yet many forget about that very easily to the point where a rule had to be made to remind them.
Again, past mistakes\problems created the rule.

Are you counting day one as in Pizzastation? I'm counting day one since Gibbed servers, no need to be so angry just because you're a newfag to SS13.

Forbidding metagaming and IC in OOC is shit? That says a lot more about you than about the rules.

Why adress each rule in particular if you're gonna ignore their spirit and intention as well as the reason they were created at all, prefering instead to mention how they aren't required if we all play along?

You can drop your "us vs them" mentality out of the server before coming in or stay out instead.
You're right for once, they are based on garbage behaviour many players had done before.

A Captain could demote everyone to assistant, revoke acess from all players and do every job himself.
Your rules don't adress this at all and what's more, since "Nanotransen hires plenty of crazy people, serial murderers, and bigots, but they do not do so if they believe they will actually detriment the station." means that anyone trying to rebel would have to be banned.

It also doesn't address departments doing fuck all if there's no Head or Admin to tell them other wise since "Listen to your higher-ups if they correct your actions if you don't want to be "fired"." isn't valid if those are missing.

It doesn't adress being careless, especially on purpose (leaving bombs with detonators in maintenance), it doesn't adress releasing slimes or worse, it doesn't adress playing entirely on your own and telling everyone else to fuck off, it doesn't adress being over zealous as Sec Officer either.

There's even "a minimal level of tolerance and decorum are expected". If you think "minimal level" is not gonna be understood in the most incredibly subjective manner, ignorance truly is bliss.

Anyway, discussing rules is mostly pointless, it only interests two kinds of people: those enforcing them and those that plan to break them.
And judging from the rest of your posts, you're just another "fuck the system! No rules or admins!" libertarian faggot that believes he could do a better job by not doing anything and yet nothing of sorts has ever been attempted and lasted longer than a day or two at best.

Servers full of faggy rules live long. It's not a confortable life for some, but they last long.
On the other hand, servers with very little or even no rules last a very short amount of time.
So go be edgy and "don't tread on me" somewhere else.

You don't need a rule against Jihadis to address Jihadis.
Rules do not exist to 'remind people' of things.
Pizzastation isn't day 1 and neither is Gibbed, way to bring up irrelevant puritytests when Nelstation would be the correct answer for 'day one' of 8stations.
You don't have to write four rules to address one root problem.
You are not the arbiter of what mentalities I can or can not possess in or out of the server, you arrogant twat. Almost as arrogant as assuming I object to the rules because I plan to break them and not because they're fucking stupid.
They are based on garbage behavior that wasn't addressed properly or timely and the slide of rules vs capable staff.
This is acceptable and reasonable and if there is an issue with it, it should be handled by staff, or crew should ahelp to request right to rebel. Rule 1 means that if Captain can't run the whole boat on their lonesome, it's an imperative to "think over" his actions. Do you think players are children to be shepherded around? What happened to 'not limiting fun' or 'not dictating how people play'? There's a minimum amount of player initiative required for a fun server.
is a ludicrous claim because you don't show up a rebel, you become one after the fact.
Furthermore, you point out the rule specifically addressing Nanotransen/Centcomm, the administration, while doubling back on ignoring rule 1-
What are you on?
Being careless is acceptable, being blatantly harmful should be handled IC or case-by-case. Releasing slimes is IC as fuck, demotion or perma depending on if they red em, being a lone wolf is fine as long as you don't expect others to fish your body out of the inevitable hole you find it in.
It sounds like you're just anti-fun in the end, really. Who's surprised? We need black-and-white shit-tier rules that take away any and all agency from players AND staff to have it "work".
is fucking hilarious since you're talking about someone who has only been banned once on any station and doubly so since that one ban was promptly revoked. The amount of reaching and strawmanning you need to validate your shit opinions is impressive.
Even Sibyl has more concise and better written rules, and /tg/ is going on 6 years. Considering half of their rules aren't even actual rules, I'd say your thesis of 'rulecucking makes things go on' is straight-up false.
You will not find functioning servers that make up rules to deal with a specific shitter. Even places like bay at least address rules in a general and proper manner, and I don't think you're actually fucking dumb enough to claim Baystation is the pinnacle of administrative efficiency.
Keep trying to disengage from the argument you started though, maybe if you quit enough times I'll stop replying.

o.k so I've redesigned our vessel in ms paint so please excuse how shitty it is as I only intended it to be a suggested guide

the green areas are places I haven't thought what to put in them and the orange/yellow writing is to help figure out the more hard to see places

try moving sci and important parts inwards and giving us some empty rooms to do what we please with

Medbay should be where bar and kitchen are and they should be where medbay is. We've had a few too many rounds worth of carps venting medbay to space.

Someone make a new thread and remenber to post there so we can discuss it further.

we need shutters on every external windows tbh