Monster Girls X-Com Clone

Just wondering… is there any interest in a X-Com clone where you fight various monster girls instead of aliens and play as weeb trope characters, i.e shinobi, mahou shojou, lolis etc?

If there is, wanna help make it into reality?
Modding Xenonauts/OpenXcom could make it come true. I'm a modder by the way.

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/985688/02a5459772/
goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11156-documentation-modular-mods-system/
goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11360-modular-mods-system-tutorial-and-examples/
goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11068-tutorial-how-to-add-a-new-weapon/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Original or Nu
While I appreciate the sentiment, I almost feel like it would be better as a tactics ogre game, which already feature things like faeries, octopus, lizard people, dragon etc.
Would you be lewding them or just fighting them?

X-Com not XCOM/nuCom. Fighting them, but I guess you could add lewd UFOpaedia entries unlocked by "researching" them.

Setting aside the question of why I'd want to fight them rather than fuck/get fucked by them, go for it user.

The main appeal is sex though, so you better have some way to work that in, though full on sex scenes/anims might be a lot of work.

So you are looking for an artist or someone that can make sprites mainly?

Make a Xenonauts mod
Gotta have those high res sprites

Can I fuck them or be fucked by them?

somethings i think it's important to note

Instead of dying, the sprites should just get dizzy, autopsy would be changed to something else, where you get to be friends of some shit (sex should be reserved to interrogations).

if possible, the same should be applied to your own units, they don't really die, and if you win you get them back, if you leave them on the mission or all of them get dizzy, they get captured and sent to the procreation camps.

i don't know if this is at all possible on either x-com or xenonauts, but it would be cool if the friendship or sex actions would turn the monster girl to our side and you could use them in missions or as engineers/scientists (two races would become them instead of soldiers and would give bonus in speed in both areas, dunno if this is at all possible)

and i don't have the foggiest idead what to do with the chryssalid that wouldn't result in a gory death, perhaps a zombie/vampire girl?

Any help is appreciated, ideaguys, spritework, music, sounds, paedia entry writing and artwork etc. I know a bit of each (except making music) but am mostly good at compiling and editing together shit.

Yeah probably, it has somewhat easier modding than OpenXcom too.

You defeat them in combat, then show your love for them.

All good ideas. I'm thinking that the lewd should be represented by the sprites and VN like paedia entries.
For the last one you could unlock research (which unlock VN paedia entries) which in turn unlocks manufacture for aircraft/vehicles reskinned to look like monster girls. Zombie/Vampire girl sound good.

If any of you actually want to make this come true keep this thread alive. I will probably not make it if I nave to everything alone, but if we can get some anons together I wouldn't mind organizing it and doing most of the brute work of stitching everything together.

*if have to make

Bastard Bonds I think has you conquering and turning monster girls to your side.

>>>/monster/
this is not "hurr durr gtfo", /monster/ will be interested in this too

Heard good things about this but I never checked it. Seems to be a good base for mod like this but I don't know how moddable it is.

Yeah, i was thinking about ufo pedia entries too, i don't know the workings of the sprites in x-com/xenonauts well enough to know if lewd scenes are feasible, the unlocking of research seems a good idea too

I will also have a look at xenonauts modding guide to see if i can help with anything, classes just stopped too, so i will have a lot of free time.

Xenonauts only supports .jpg for weebpaedia entries but the allow pretty customizable sprites for death, idle, attack, movement, flying animations etc. It uses transparent .png for them as well.

What mods have you made for Xenonauts? I'd be interested

Yes.

No.

Mostly personal unreleased mods (most of my mods are like that though…)
I understand its system though and it has things like abilities that add regenerating health, teleportation, flying etc that can be used to make the various monster girls act differently in combat. The research + xenopedia allows for VN like shit as well.

I wouldn't bat an eye over just about any removal, pogrom or genocide you can name, fantasy or otherwise, but this is just uncalled for. You can burn in hell OP.

It's changed to subduing them now so you can hold appendages with them later.

This sounds promising. Any idea what monstergirls you are going to use to replace each species of alien? I assume youll pick a specefic monster for each alien unit

It doesn't. At best you can get a research prompted fanfic in the vein of Alpha Centauris conversations with the planet, and even then you're going to need a fuckload of pointless technologies that may or may not break your game.

Take a look at piratez and try to reverse engineer something from it until you get a feel for custom tech trees. Also, if you need sprites and shit make a list.

Unless you're replacing chainguns with giant floppy dildos and plasma casters with candy boxes there won't be much more then a stain left for anything later.

im always interested in playing magical lolis. if i can befriend the monster girls id be super 300% interested

This is where ideaguys come in. Some examples though, slimegirls that are slow but very dangerous in close combat with their corrosive slime, harpies that can fly around and then melee you, vampire/zombiegirls for chrysalids, mechagirls that have high armour etc.

Anime rules state that anything and all damage, lethal or not, can be taken as just a bruise on the cheek if the director so desires.
It's like pokemon, the damn thing get hit by a mountain and all it does is making it dizzy.
Same rules apply to monster girls, you can cleave them with a axe two times bigger than them, slap a giant band-aid on her head and no one aside from the biggest autists will care.

Just make the weapons deal stun damage and be themed to fit.
Research trees could be like capture to unlock handholding which in turn unlocks more handholding that combined with the handholding of other monstergirls unlock them for use in combat etc.

It wouldn't be a fully fledged VN but have a bit of flavourtext.

exhentai.org/g/985688/02a5459772/

Being Xcom is built for realistic lighting/shading, it might look off with big ass anime polys. Not to mention steam workshop could pull the mod if it's too lewd. (IMO it can have fan service, but not sex- but even then the anime tiddies might get it pulled)

You might be better re-making your own XCom engine, giving you more freedom for mechanics and how the graphics work.

has anyone made a thread on /monster/?
they would probably be interested in this and the drawfags there would be a big help.

>>>/monster/240027

cool, let's it takes the attention of some drawfags to help it.

Having said that, have some things:

- Chapter titles that sound like poorly translated VN names/chapters/references

- At a point in the game, you find the Monster girl's propaganda. It portrays humans as the invaders. You unlock "taming". You can capture aliens, and re-educate them to your side. Possibly even (dumbed down) dating mechanics. Since soldiers have no personalities, it'll be simple.

A friendship mechanic where you have a specific items to give them as presents that work better or worse depending on the race would be interesting, if it's not too hard to implement.
For example, a centaur would be captured more easily if you use the sword present on her instead of the bondage manual, that would work wonders with arachne and so on.
They would all work like a stun rod, but with differing stun chances based on the enemy race.

no thanks

Romancing monster girls will lead to our extinction as a species user, is that why you want?

You're the kind of nigger that thinks sandwiches are an acceptable substitute to pancakes, aren't you?

ib4 lewdgrenade, love-love beam rifle and waifu stick

so what kind of setting are we looking at? fantasy? tomorrows future? a mix of both?
do you just want us to throw out any ideas to see what sticks, even if i havent played the game?

what if they were some kind of neutral thing that happened because reasons. a weapon reacting to some magical force and having an unexpected effect. you know, like how aliens might like to turn the creatures of earth into zombies and mutants, but whoops this is anime land and instead of having an easy time ravaging and enslaving a resource rich planet while the inhabitants are in complete chaos they now have to deal with the forces of nature defending themselves too.
so now the early game would be about rallying monster girls under the banner of fantasy earth before bad guys get too much of a foothold.

there. now not romancing the monster girls will lead to the extinction of earthlings

A simple dating system could be done via research trees requiring special items etc. Giving the wrong items could also lead to repercussions like locking away taming etc.

Why "monster" girls? Why not just aliens? Does everything have to be a half-human mutt in order to be "fuckable"?

We're still talking about X-com, right? Mind giving away how the hell you plan on implementing that?

Why not both

I don't really understand the comparison, but i prefer pancakes to sandwiches
I just don't like this compromise of using waterguns and candy cannons, that's fussing over useless details.

anything not set in the modern setting from xenonauts means we will also have to make whole new tiles for everything, we will need a lot of drawfags for that.

It's hip to like monstergirls.

Yes.

Look we get it, you get off to having a probe up your ass and a facehugger forcing a larva down your throat, there's nothing wrong with being this much of a faggot until you're as vocal as you are.

Capturing a live MG unlocks a research project(become friends), completing it gives you VN fluff and it unlocks more research (dating and so on). Picking certain research projects (gifting a bad item) could lock away all further research etc.

All I know is you're no nigger of mine.

Keep ideaguysing and I will put together a design doc using your ideas. I think the most important things I will need contributions for is art and writing. A lot of stuff like music, sound and simple graphics can just be repurposed from existing things.

If it means I get to romance a lamia then humanity can get fucked for all I care

Is that even a thing? I honestly can't remember if it's possible for research to block other research, as in pick one or the other. Also how do you plan on adjusting scientists and laboratories to it?

Again, make a list. For best results post a prototype build with placeholders so faggots know it's not vaporware.

Why "monster" girls that aren't remotely "monsterous"? Seems like a rather unvaried concept. Don't you think?

will there be inklings and witches who ride around on fancy guns?

clearly the solution is to have all your units represented by 2d girls. 2d girls beat the everloving shit out of eachother all the time and then immediately have tea. they thrive on a good scrap

Nice thumbnail
f a g g o t

What would cause them to invade? They need men to breed? They want to hoard them, or just take some of earth's resources?

What about the villain mastermind? Is it the demon lord? Or a subordinate that has decided to take things her own way and wants to take over earth or own way? Would alpha-centauri-style negotiation be possible?

Last I checked, nobody here's "hip", or "with it". Quite the opposite, which begs the question fo what you're doing here, and another thing. What exactly makes screwing half-breeds less degenerate than screwing the aliens they came from, in the first place? I don't think that's how the Holla Forums approved degeneracy chart works. Mischlings must be spayed and euthanised, and foreigners must be respected as foreigners only.

Can't really go wrong with a classic like that

Fuck off retard.

Lol

There was a guy that worked on sprites for that /monster/ wizardry clone, Lizardry. You could get that guy and some others in the /monster/ draw thread to make some basic sprites.

I just want a qt cyclops or gazer to hold hands and eat pancakes 'n waffles with.

Ignore , Holla Forums is kinda friendly with monstergirls last I checked.

Say, how is pol? He doing alright?

An unsatiable lust for dicks.

They go around from planet to planet to see who can rape the most and when they get bored they just nuke the planet.

Only if you count semen as a resource.

Everything works as long as it can be portrayed as evil and has a reason to give the player a game over.

I'm right, you know.

Do you even have an argument to present? We're not on your safespace.

Posting your garbage lewd memes and running off with your (1) doesn't make you Holla Forums-approved. Nor does getting you and your kind to post on their to shill your fetish count, either.

we could go wild with this actually, even universes colliding kinda like in the witcher series, leaving monster girls in our world, and them proceeding to trying to conquer us with better tech than us.

i am not enough of a monster girl connoisseur to know if there is a race more fitting to lead the entire thing, i would say dragons, but i don't know if this is too vanilla, maybe beholders?

you do understand that making this mod in no way restrict yourself to make a more monstrous version of it right? actually you could just wait the mod to be finished, and add your own sprites, ufopedia and background history to it.

Xenonauts allows research to lock other research upon completion, you can also add %to research requirements to create RNG based events.

I could whip up a prototype but for that I need clear set of ideas for the general gameplay, i.e what kind of monster girls should be featured, should they use UFOs or should I tie them to terror/base attacks, should there be an airgame etc.

Collecting human males for breeding is a good enough story. The mastermind could be demonlordess/succubi or something similar. Unlocking the final mission could be finding a way to reach the demon realm with the help of the monster girls you befriend.

maybe theyre like tyranids but sexy. invaders running from something more dangerous.

If Beholders are the leading enemy then I cant hold hands with them. Unless you go the odd route and make Gazers and Beholders separate but similar species.

I'd post pictures of them, but I'm at work.

Just a friendly tip: baiting generally works better if you at least read the post you're trying to bait.

I haven't "seriously" modded X-com since x*util days but I don't believe it's possible. Again, you're likely stuck with sequenced short stories.

Also any ideas on getting a vaguely matching art for all of them?

well, what happens when you befriend the demon queen?

You realise the OP's only posted ((2)) times in his own thread. Right? Not much of anything's going to happen, beyond wanking over typed concepts, if he can't contribute to his own project.

GAME OVER

why not? they will appear in combat before the end just like ethereals, you can always capture some and teach them the jow of holding tentacles.

What a shit thread.

Yeah there won't be any advanced negotiating or anything, but sequenced short stories that effect each other by locking/unlocking new short stories/weapons/units etc.

Dynamic IP. I'm tripfagging now though.

Can you even tell if the tripfag ITT is even OP?

Feels good

g-good end?

What kind of autism is required to figure out the trip and unironically impersonate the OP?

You're really trying too hard with too little.

Less effort then you may think but no real reason in this case. Honestly, the worst thing about neo/v/ is the severe drop in shitposting quality.

That's not a good start. You could've simply explained away your IP issue.

Do you even know how to post? You read like a spambot.

You aren't on this site often, I suppose.

I would actually like to see monster girls in hi-tech armor using futuristic weapons, instead of demon realm and all that, as that would fit more as a x-com/xenonaut mod, but that's just me, all that matters it that there are lamias and ciclops girls.

Also, some links to xenonauts modding if anyone is interested in that:

goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11156-documentation-modular-mods-system/
goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11360-modular-mods-system-tutorial-and-examples/
goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11068-tutorial-how-to-add-a-new-weapon/

I'm not really seeing an argument to begin with, from you.

I could make one from scratch in gamemaker in 6 months, i was actually looking for some project to start, the only problem is that i don't know how to draw shit, but i could help with the programming for free

Whelp I lost interest pretty quickly right there. Too much game, not enough lewd I can already tell.

If this goes somewhere you could help with the research tree logic.

Is this going to involve any actual programming? Because i suck at design and the only thing i can offer is my programming skills

calm down, this is the planning stage, at most having monstergirls fight xenos would be a better route.

Not really. Xenonauts uses .xml spreadsheets for its modding. The closest is .lua scripting for the UI.

It exists and it's kind of good to be honest.

Enemy types are being determined in the /monster/ thread. not sure how many are going to be included in total because there's a great deal of variety.

Sounds good, but unless there's also xenos enemies I'd like to keep shit non-lethal and focus on capturing.
My suggestion would be to be able to get monstergirls as allied units which you can use to purge xenos.

I would like it best as a fire emblem clone.
You do troop placement and then the battle scenes happen and you either get lewded or lewd back.

Mechanics of some of the earlier games (preferably some mix of Jugdral and Tellius with a bit of the GBA games and what nu-Emblem does well) with lewd supports would be pretty neat.

It wouldn't be X-CAWM though.

how about a x-com with monstrous waifus, that isn't snek

Agreed, that, and the sprites graphics are relatively easier to make.
Besides, i never ever heard of a fire emblem total conversion, is there even such a thing?

On another note, that Raiju autist has flooded the internet with so many commissions that it's starting to take over the google search for Raijus.

What autist?

dare you enter my magical realm?

Twin brother of the same guy who commissions all that jabberwocky.

Those are fucking weird user.
Moar

(Checked)

You also forgot the Gazerfag that has a shitton of gazer art requested and commissioned (bless him.)

My problem here is that I don't even know what I'm looking at. Like I don't expect something familiar or something that makes sense but when I look at these pictures I just don't understand what's going on in them besides that there's a dick that's being stimulated and I'm not into dicks. It looks like my school books from 10 years ago when I would scribble mindlessly without any aim and just draw for the sake of drawing because I was bored.

A man doing god's work. Or rather, Ammit's.

Who knows? But we can try
It'd be worth the effort, if nothing else.

Gazer is more dominant in her search than raiju is. Sasuga.

here

what gets me is imagining myself with the monster.i imagine feeling the the bony parts, the squishy parts, putting my cock in their slimy holes that have alien textures.

so basically what you're into is weird shaped onaholes? not saying that's a bad thing but at least for me monstergirls are a combination of fucking an animal/something "weird" and something that is capable of human-like emotions and feelings. fucking the thing is just half of it and the interesting interaction with the fantastical creature is the other half. I just don't feel it the same way if I can't read or imagine the feelings of the thing being fucked.

Thanks, it will probably sound various degrees of weird and hot but my gf will love this.

So you're incapable of reading or imagining the feelings of the thing being fucked if it doesn't have mostly human features?
I would think that interesting interactions are more likely to happen the farther the creature is from having human features.

Monstergirls are about anthropomorphizing, romancing and fucking the beings which once inhabited the realms beyond man's understanding. That which once embodied all that mankind feared and wondered about.

Something completely alien is most likely going to have completely alien thought processes and feelings. As a human, you can't empathize with that unless you're mental or something. Half the fun of fucking something is knowing that it's enjoying the fucking. There's no way to know if an alien thing is actually enjoying the fucking, just idly tolerating it, hating it, or having some kind of feeling that we can't even comprehend because there's nothing for our human brains to compare it to.

That's the whole appeal. Why do you think people are going after aliens of all things?

wait, i thought you were only talking about the physical attraction. i imagine them to be close to human mental and emotional level, but slightly off, sorta uncanny valley. this is because if they're too distant mentally and emotionally we wouldn't be compatible.

If anyone cares about this it's better to discuss it here instead >>>/monster/240027 since this thread is bound to get buried quicker on Holla Forums.

Why do you think most fictional aliens are given similarities to earth creatures, particularly having emotive faces? People want something strange, but they want it familiar enough to understand it at least at a basic level. It's just another form of exoticism. Going completely alien is almost on the level of bestiatlity, with only the belief of what you're fucking is intelligent enough to entirely comprehend what's happening.

Well, it's a nice break from the usual /furry/ and /monster/ fighting.

its the most civil exchange of opposing ideas and opinions ive seen here in at least a year. excluding for the one guy near the beginning trying to start shit.

Which grows to great lengths to show that the only thing which Holla Forums can properly discuss is porn.

I'm sure that's not the only thing that's growing to great lengths in this thread.

You motherfucker.

I'd like to think they're made by super science tier Aliens and doing what we'd do when trying to goad roosters into fucking sticks.

the artist does male monsters as well

I think you may be mentally retarded.

Who is the artist anyway?

I'm not sure I want to reverse-search this

I'd rather play XCOM in reverse, or XCOM with the role played by more humanoid monstergirls fighting off the eldritch shit.

itt

If you are posting these assuming she'd be into it, you'd be better off posting tentacles and robutts.

its true, and i think in general the atmosphere on Holla Forums has been more tense since lewdposting was regulated. not that i think it was the wrong move, people were abusing it. but maybe we can get them to loosen up just a little.
it provided easy opportunities for non malicious anons who arent especially interested in a game to mingle with the anons who are. through dick, unity. right?

We could get to loosen something else along with it, starting with you user :^)

not like this

/monster/FAGS CONFIRMED FURFAGS, STOP TRYING TO DENY IT

130 replies in and you just got here? Damn, you're late.

And shitflipper is here.

Though, the other guy didn't respond all that well hence the out-of-context fishing.

no u

The real question is…
Can we capture them and torture them in some kind of sex dungeon?
Don't forget to let the MC rape them while in there.
I'm half-joking by the way.

Can you please fuck off back to your designated normal faggot board? Thanks in advance.

deal with it fams, you are furries, you might not fuck in suits, you might not go to cons, but you are still furries.

If /monster/ is involved, you're most likely going to end up with romance, love, hand holding, headpats, pancakes, waffles, and making love in the missionary position for the sole purpose for procreation.

Discussing with them it seems to lean that way but it's not impossible to allow the options of befriending or total annihilation. Problem would be finding writing/drawfags willing to create those scenes.

I'm gonna be bullied hard for this, but;
I was hoping this wouldn't be porn, or just fan-servicey. I want to play a comfy weeb version of X-Com. I hate porn games since most of them are shit, or the game itself is so good you're distracted from fapping. I'd rather have the perfect game with the best doujins and fan-porn work, than the perfect game with porn as a part of it.

that's what i was hoping for too, alas, we're on Holla Forums so there will be porn in it.

It was the initial idea I had as well but there's a huge demand for lewd. I'm thinking it should go down like this in general, each event unlocking a weebpaedia entry with lewd text and art.

Capture MG - study MG - befriend MG - hand holding with MG - date MG - unlock breeding with MG (which lets you create somewhat weaker versions of MGs to use yourself) - gain secret needed to unlock final mission

You do this for every monster girl and then go fight the demon girls responsible for bringing monster girls into our dimension. I will make a design doc over the weekend and will post it here (if the thread is still alive) and in the /monster/ thread as well.

Sounds good.

In fact, if this was it's own IP- you could even sell it, then have the adult scenes as a separate patch, like how Nekopara did it.

will we be able to recruit bosses under special circumstances? thats like the coolest shit in video games.
of course that could potentially lead to the problem of challenges rewarding you too much, and making the game easier than playing it normally. but some people love that kind of shit.

That just means you need to add bigger challenges if the player does enough optional stuff.

I want to see this happen, just to trigger monsterfags.

No you dimwit I can't see emotions if I can't even tell where the creature's face is, how it behaves or communicates. Hell, you post a picture of a chair that has a human face-like pattern on it as some sort of proof for your argument. Do you not see the fucking leap of logic or are you actually just that fucking stupid?

I am almost sure this is too much for open x-com to handle, but i don't know how similar xenonauts is in that regard.
It's probably easier to implement something like that on nu-com2, tough that's completely out of question i think.

maybe it rallys the other demon lords, who may now be locked out of being recruited because theyre usually in "friendly" competition. so a bold move like allying with mana cows known as humans is worrisome.

thats fine im just having fun throwing ideas around. i havent had this much fun in a Holla Forums thread in quite a while.

How do you intend to trigger monsterfags? And what do you mean by monsterfags?

I'd be somewhat interested if it weren't monster shit.
That jazz is boring as fuck.

Then explain this thread.

Holy shit, a game ideas thread where the OP actually has some experience.

Really goyim?

Normalfags. Failed ones, at that.

This shit thread needs to die now.

I don't think you know what that word means.

Also, I think the guy will release basic design documents tomorrow.

Even if it nears the bottom, some dogshagger from /monster/ is gonna bump it, if it isn't the tripfag OP himself.

Hence, failed normalfag. A special kind that pretends to have any decency when he's jacking it to lolicon in private.

Retards need to learn to not be seen and not be heard.

Not an argument.

Xenonauts allows you to add extra alien bases which I will convert to monster lairs that contain lots of enemies and unique boss monsters. They will also have captured magical girls, brown elves, shinobi etc that you free after clearing the lair, unlocking their aid for the weebnauts. Magical units you rescue will have access to unique magical weapons and will not be able to use normal ballistic weapons etc. (I've checked and this ks doable via the bigguns tag used for the Predator armour in Xenonauts).

There will be some weirdness due to the limitations of Xenonauts where your male soldiers can transform into magical girls by "equipping" the magical girl "armour" (which allows access to magic, flying etc) but that's just fun I guess?

Design doc will be done over the weekend.

that only makes it better tbh

I discovered a limitation with this though. Males can only use one set of injury/death sounds so the magical girls and other transformations will use male sounds. I could either disable the sounds or replace the male soldiers with women only. This way your soldiers can be your waifu too and the sounds wouldn't be out of place.

For story reasons lets say that monster girls go berserk around males so the Weeb-Cum initiative decided to field only female soldiers for tactical reasons. (and we can insert anime faces for the Weeb-Cum operatives, i.e insert your waifu).

what if my waifu is the monsters
boy that would get awkward

Just make them crossdress. It'll be fucking hilarious to see Beef McLargeHuge, grizzled perma-five-o-clock-shadow and all, struggling to fit in a gaudy pink dress.

its a great game/series if you like monster girls. i wonder if the throw mechanic could even be remade in these games, and what it could be useful for. could vehicles/shipping crates and whatnot be moved around? are they part of the map or objects in the environment?

maybe you should try makai kingdom then

ive played them all except puppet princess and little princess

That is a fun idea. However some of the breeding with the monster girls will have to use the transformation system due to technical limitations so should they also end up being crossdessing transformations?

Example, succubi unlocks succubi transformation (since vehicles cannot fly) and will be stuck with the male injury/death sounds.

Only environment interaction is destroying it.

Maybe it'd make you an incubus if you're a male soldier and a succubus if you're a female soldier?

Same guy, VPN was down for a second
Perhaps a magical girl outfit's the equivalent of the Flying Suit in X-COM1994, where it's one of the final researches you do- humanity's finally started to make shit that's not just based off of alium tech, but is superior to it. And the monstergirl magic making it work forces it to be a frilly dress, regardless of gender.
Actually, now that I think about it, will there be an air game? How would it work?

No.

Perhaps both male and female soldiers should be enabled then and have unique graphics for each when transforming (the combat sprite will sadly have to be shared). The magical girl transformation will be unlocked when rescuing a magical girl from a monster lair and pretty much act as a jetpack suit with unique magic weapons (more detail in the design doc ETA saturday).

The air game will be disabled due to them not using UFOs. There will be UFOs spawning the terror missions, monster lairs etc but they will be invisible and cant attack your dropships.
Again more details in the doc.

No.
Yes.