Dragon Quest 8

How will they fuck it up?

I didn't want to buy this but now I have to

I'm sure it will be a quality Japanese title.

Was this the one that they were already talking about "reworking the translation" for?

who's red again

I know Morrie is the monster guy.

Good thing there are fans already fixing the jap release

That was DQ7, and shit all over the script.

I thought that was VII, they did that for this too? I mean, I wasn't going to buy it anyway after the shitshow that was VII 3DS, but this is just yet another nail in that coffin.

By not changing anything from the PS2 version.

I'm gonna laugh my ass off before the feels set in if that causes the same slow down that happened in its original release on PS2.

Fine booty that Yangus wants.

Will someone tell me what else they did but their usual bull with accents and that one instance of Maribel blurting out feminist bullshit?

Except cutting down trees and replacing them with more content.

The Nipponese version was already censored.

I heard they cut out Party Chat from DQIV because they couldn't be assed to do the accent shit THEY inserted in the game to it.

Party chat is definitely not there, not sure that story's true though.

I cannae' be sure laddy bu' they'll find a weh

This may be the only time beyond "My name is not important" that I've seen the "it's the ESRBs fault" actually be true.

I meant that towards the DQ7 3DS release, I already know everything done to previous releases.

The soundtrack in the western version is in a midi soundfont, they fucked up already. (Yes, they did it in this one too)

Why not have both? Etrian Odyssey does this all the time now. Even Cladun did this.

DQ8 vanilla is quite possibly the worst jrpg i have ever played, despite the gameplay, characters and game world being solid it is the game with the absolute worst enemy encounter rate ever, it's so bad it make dreamcast version of skies of arcadia look like a perfectly playable and enjoyable game.
What's funny about it is that the very first skill Yangus learns is attract monsters, because, you know, a game where you can't take five steps without triggering a battle and feeling like you have attract permanently turned on is exactly the kind of skill you will need.
90% of the time the game was completely unplayable, fuck "exploring" the world like that.

one of the features being touted for the port is random battles replaced with earthbound/chrono trigger style encounters that can be avoided, if that's the only thing holding you back.

That shit better be optional.

reading the dq wikia, seems that it is mandatory.

Exactly who do they think actually buying the game would have given two shits about some skimpy clothes? Gay and lame. Grow a pair.

Good.

Apparently it's due to CERO (Japanese rating system) being stricter in recent years. S-E wanted the game to have the lowest rating.

Casual shits ruinin' my fun.

Jap ESRB would've pushed their rating higher but they wanted to stick to the one they always had so they could sell it to kids too.

Feel free to reread my first post itt.

Wasn't it already revealed to being censored?

I owned the original on PS2 and I don't remember it being annoying.

anyone tried the android/ios port? did squenix censor those as well, or just this new one? also bump.

It'a actually true.
Proof: the Japanese cart has a 99% complete English translation, including party chat, that simply lacks editing. It can be accessed with a cheating device. The localization team took a 99% complete faithful translation and memed the shit out of it, then cut 2/3rds of the script because they were too lazy to meme the shit out of the rest.

They were paid a lot of money for doing this.

There was none; someone would've said something. Only thing I know of when it comes to DQ8 is that it may run like crap.

It was because they took too long putting in accents to get to the rest of the script.

What do you mean? They already did, costume censorship came out weeks ago.

Costume censorship was known since just before its release in Japan. You'd have to be one dumb mother fucker to expect SE to bother uncensoring it with the bullshit they've done up to this point.

I wonder if with DQ 7/8 3DS finally out; will they bring Thearhythm over.

Who the fuck said I expected them to uncensor it? I'm saying they censored it in the first place, it's already fucked and you're the idiot for buying it regardless.

Is Holla Forums fucking retarded this week? I've seen threads about giving money to Blizzard and Nintendo, and I'm sure I can find other shitty nonsense threads going right now.

The fact you say weeks and not months ago. You're an idiot for allowing it bother you so much when they've been going for the all ages bracket since the series inception with the change in attire not being by the companies will but the people they need to go through to sell to people under a certain age. I can see not buying it or getting it used/pirated if they were lying about the Jap ESRB being pantywaists like Western devs are or taking the step without knowing if the ESRB would be against said things but that's not the case.

test