Games with a really fucking long tutorial

Games with a really fucking long tutorial.

Dragon's Dogma.

Dat 30 hour tutorial.

Wait what? i'm confused, I thought Dragon's Dogma let go of your hand after the you leave the fishing village.

This
When I learned that everything up to that gay hydra boss was part of the tutorial I dropped it
Game's with a tutorial over 15 minutes are a cancer

the entirety of FF13 is a 40 hour tutorial on how not to make a game.

It's a meme. The first half of the game is said to be the a tutorial because of how much harder the second half/expansion is.

It's also a tutorial on how to design perfection.

Good luck on release, Holla Forums. You could skip Spiral Mountain in Banjo Kazooie, but Yooka Laylee has an unskippable intro tutorial about the same size as Freezeezy Peak. The very first thing you learn to do is USE THE FUCKING JOYSTICK FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Just another entry-tier babby's first game. Don't worry too much about it.

you could?

Saints Row the Third.
You kill who was presented as the main villain at the end of the tutorial, and then the whole open world opens.

yeah? Just run up the middle spiral and go into grunty's lair's mouth.

oh, I had the names mixed up. thought you meant the first real stage.

I don't think the tutorial ended until the final boss appeared.
At least discussion of it isn't infested with barafags and BBWshit.

Why would a JRPG have a tutorial at all? There's a reason girls love them.

that's why he was talking about tutorials m8

Posterboy for long tutorials right here. It was something like 3 fucking hours long.

they have more tutorials than any other genre unless you count "PRESS X TO OPEN DOORS" bullshit you see in games now. it's usually because the interface and level up systems are needlessly complicated.

portal 2 was 3/4ths of the entire game

Very easy. MGS5. A hour of hospital "movement tutorial". Then after second mission you've got to learn how to execute enemies on your "mother base" for good additional hour.

I think in general tutorial in this game takes like 3 hours if you run fast through it, discounting small tutorials on new features after each 4 missions.

Introducing new mechanics along the normal course of the game isn't a tutorial, restricting your freedom until you pass a certain test is.

all it was to the point where you return to wheatley's aperture was introducting new mechanics and feeding you tutorials on it.

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet

Fuck you twilight town was perfect.

Age of Empires games typically had at least one campaign which is a glorified tutorial.

War for the Overworld's campaign is one oversized tutorial (with some fairly random jumps in difficulty).

On a different note, who the fuck thought that making a serious game with Disney characters was a good idea?

Have you played Kingdom Hearts? It is about as serious as Rescue Rangers.

Kingdom Hearts and the Mario & Luigi series… Good thing I quit both.

This world would be a better place if all the lightning-fags killed themselves.

The prologue was incredibly shit. The shittiest thing ever.

If I could have three wishes, this would be #2.

Nigger Ass Creed 2 had tutorials for half the fucking game.
If anything 3 was an improvement in that aspect.

It's been ages since I played any of them really, I don't remember what 2's tutorials were like. 3 stuck out in my mind more because it's more recent, I guess.

Holla Forums isn't shit and op isn't a faggot

The entirely of Assassins Creed 3

It's pretty successful so they must have done something right.

The first one was just a disney movie with guest stars, the FF cast. It was everything after the firs that turned it into the autism cringe fest it is now.

I agree with this. I cared for Roxas more than I ever cared for Sora.

KH is not a serious series, what are you talking about?

Pssh, let me show you how it's done kids

And it was better than actually playing Connor

It's literally one guy, he posts in the same manner every time. He just wants attention but refuses to fuck off to cuckchan where he'd be successful at garnering it.

Would the 3rd one be getting me a gf?

Final fantasy 13 has like a 10 hour tutorial before you reach gran soren and get free roaming plus full party costumization

There's arguably a line between "tutorial" and "linear opening" but most of these games kind of shit all over that line.
If a game explains the mechanics opened up to date then lets you play with them for a half or so before the next new mechanics, is everything in between a tutorial? AC2 interrupts the opening story a bunch to explain mechanics, which is annoying, but AC3 says "You're going to learn about shitty new mechanics and your amazing diversity upbringing for an hour, and you're going to like it" and that's much more cancerous.

yeah that was pretty bad

I can't help but feel the original idea for the prologue was some kind of false flag. XOF were too dumb and the convenience of Ishmael and Snake surviving was too much.

Have no idea what they were thinking. Whatever happened to letting us having our own damn adventure and not be railroaded to the "right" path?

Dragon Warrior VII
You go at least 2 hours before even given your first weapon. I suppose it could be not considered a tutorial because it's not outright teaching you how to do things, but still somewhat annoying if you're impatient

Did you ever read any interviews for Gen 6 games? They're making the games for the mobile audience now/people that don't have time to have an adventure. That's why there is fuck all post game content in the games now.

Just started playing it again, couldn't get in to it the first time. My controller died while fighting the hydra and I had to change batteries and I got eaten. Then I was stuck in its throat? Am I supposed to be able to climb out of there or something, or did it just glitch and leave me alive?

These two have long tutorials but they are perfect and well integrated in the story.

Clearly you people go into vidya with the wrong mindset

And ironically tutorial's the best part of that trainwreck. Haytham was so much better than that injun faggot we got in the end.

It only gets worse.
Absolutely shit game.

I was hitting the attack buttons but there was no feedback that I was actually attacking, but I could see my character slowly moving down the creature's throat, so that's when I thought I had to climb out (since the game seems pretty big on climbing mechanics).

Unfortunately, the only way out of that situation is having your pawns try to take out the head that ate you to free you. And having them even know how to do that that early? slim to none.

Ah OK, thanks user. I feel like less of a retard now.