FarCry 2-4

I can't play them, I live in a turd world shithole and my toaster is way too shit. What's the verdict? I love the idea of walking, driving, and flying around freely while shooting bad guys in an open ended jungle environment. Why do people seem to hate them though? I'd buy a new PC if it turns out to be good.

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.io/get/VMtHzDHfQeY/FC3 Ziggy's Mod 3.0 Crack.zip
volafile.io/get/VQ8FRzVauIQ/far cry 3 data_win32.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2 is shit without mods, 3 is fun but gets boring fast, 4 gets boring even faster. The last good Far Cry was Blood Dragon and that's like 3 hours long.

Because 3 - 4 was normalfag shit and 2 was a poorly sold diamond in the rough because the marketing team made it sound like pure action with no psychological stuff involved I know spec ops the line sold this way but it was far more apparent in that game.. It's a lot more subtle in this one, at times it is anyway..

Boring due to what? Exploring jungles and flying down cliffs don't seem to be boring to me.

the jamming in 2 gets annoying, happens way too often
3 looked fun but i haven't played it
4 is a rehash of 3 with a way worse story
primal is a joke

Pretty much this.
The worse are the hipster crowd that think 2 is amazing when it really was the most boring and annoying shit ever.

It's not, 3 is basically just a better 2 in literally every way.

Related question. Why does everyone seem to bash Far Cry while worshipping MGS V? Never played either, but Far Cry games look a lot less dull and bland to me.

Yeah, waiting for Pagan to come back is a bit bland. Still how can you get bored in a 15 minute long game?

Wut. People hardly say anything nice about that game except that it was pretty.

Can't be pretty with all that sand and rocks.

Pretty? It’s hardly graphically intensive. And while it attempts to bake in certain real-world lighting effects, overall the lighting is disgustingly flat, soft, and uniform.

I liked he atmosphere of 2. It made the boring stuff enjoyable to me.

Far Cry 2 was neat for its fire effects, but that's about it. Enjoy constantly having to scrounge up Anti-Aids drugs, a "friendship" system no-one gives a fuck about, and respawning enemies gallore.

Climbing radio towers nets you free guns, and climbing them all unlocks everything, including the silenced sniper rifle that clears outposts way too easily. There's also animal skin grinding to improve capacity for guns, syrettes, etc., and it gets old fast. I personally turned off the skinning animation to save time, and i'm assuming a lot of other people did as well. It has neat concepts, it just gets dull after a while.

Is Primal worth a pirate?

I agree on 2 with other posters, diamond in the rough that could have been pretty great.
3 was alright but the story was pretty dumb and uninteresting. Only good character was Vaas (that's his name right?) but I still finished it. I wasn't sober for the majority of the game.

I tried 4 for maybe 1-2 hours but it was boring as fuck. Gameplay rehash of 3 with not anything interesting story wise catching my attention.

Far Cry Instincts is my favorite, played the shit out of that on the xbox local pvp. We'd go into the map creator and make a huge base each on either side of the map. Packed them with vehicles, guns and traps. Then we'd take turns assaulting each others base.

The hate probably started with 3, and that was also probably when the series got super popular, so take from that what you will. Overall, I think it's a series that's really fun to play casually, but that's also the drawback. It's casual as fuck, and that's good or bad depending on your personal opinion.

I'd actually compare the third game and beyond to Assassin's Creed, if you've ever played those games. Sure, one is third person melee combat and one is first person shooter combat, but they still feel very similar. They both have a wide array of weapons that tend to all feel very similar within their type, they both have stealth as a major but still very shallow gameplay mechanic, they both have a ton of little side events for you to pursue throughout the map that tend to give the same sorts of rewards, they both have towers you have to ascend to reveal parts of the map. They're really almost the same game, just with a different perspective.

mods?

If you never played 3 or 4, play 4, they are the same game almost. Far Cry 4 is like a refined expansion to 3.

2 is for refined palettes. It can be an acquired taste due to the malaria and gun degradation mechanics. Also the respawn timers make it a chore to get anywhere. If you love the gameplay however, 2 might be the best Far Cry.

yea,if you don't ever go to the gun shop to get 'em replaced like an idiot then sure..

2 is the worst. Some people say it's immersive. I guess it's OK if you like driving 10 minutes to get a bottle of malaria pills every couple hours.

3 and 4 basically have the same gameplay and feel more like a modern open world game.

I never realized we had so many pussies in the gaming industry…

can any other games do this?

Never understood why people had problems with this feature, or with the malaria thing. I guess they're just used to their power fantasies and don't like that being interrupted.

The only serious problems with FC2 are the respawn rate of enemies and how shitty the dialogue sounds because of how it was sped up. Otherwise it's far superior to the other games in the series. I wish it had some form of mod support.

Having a completely empty world after an hour of exploring sure sounds like a blast.

Both of them are fucking Fast Travel: The Game.
I guess you're right in that regard.

Primal is never going to get cracked because it's protected by the unbreakable debongo.

Far Cry 2 is basically Driving Simulator: Africa Edition. I still liked it, even if it has its problems.

It breaks the flow of gameplay. Having to stop every 10 minutes to go buy new guns because you shot three magazines from your AK-47 and it explodes now is not fucking realistic or fun.

If you're going to have equipment degrade over time, at least make it a reasonable time span. Fallout New Vegas actually did a fairly good job of this. If you want to make guns breakable, make them take a long time to break, and make either the gun or the ammo scarce. Give the player a sense of investment in their equipment.

The respawning isn't the problem, they didn't have a respawn timer, and often barely waited for you to be out of shooting range before they'd respawn.

I never understood the problem people had with malaria in Far Cry 2. You can in fact run around the map indefinitely gathering diamonds and doing side stuff without ever running out of pills. It's only every so many main missions that you have to go do a mission for that church guy to get more pills.

I actually kind of liked the gun jamming because it forced me to improvise with whatever was on hand. The game got more boring when I had my own weapons unlocked. The real problem the game had was that the outposts respawned practically as soon as you turned your back on them.

Its already a completely empty world beyond the diamond hunting so its not like it would change anything.

Blood Dragon's aesthetic is the only reason people give it a pass. It was Far Cry 3 with an 80's synthpop skin. Everything in this game is way too fucking easy, and it gets even easier when you get the death ray ninja star thing at the end. The only legitimately (moderately) difficult area? The temple arena where you're restricted to a specific area and forced to use a specific weapon to defeat hordes of undead enemies. It's reminiscent of Doom in that instance. Outside of that, easy as shit. Additionally, fuck memes. The game isn't full to the brim with memes, but they're in there, and it is heavily reliant on referential humor, which can be cringeworthy in its own way. The aesthetic is fantastic, though.

Also the enemies could spot you too easily and took an immersion-breaking number of shots to kill, especially annoying since they had pretty crappy hit reactions too, making them seem like they didn't give much of a fuck about bullets until they suddenly dropped dead.

CPY are the only guys cracking it at the moment, but they just invited other cracking groups to join them, promising to teach them how to crack it.
They have a list of every game with Denuvo inside, and order them according to what they and everyone else wants first.
They haven't cracked Primal as there's no demand for it, and none of the crackers want to play it.

Whoever made the Robocop gun into a pea shooter should be put in prison.

Holy fuck the underageb& is real.

FC3/4 are garbage. FC2 is a good but flawed game. It has a lot of heart and a great, now-dead multiplayer, but it's bogged down by a few overdone problems that aren't missable out: guards repawn every time you leave the area, meaning your fighting the same fucking guys repeatedly as you travel back in forth on the map. Guns jam too often. You need malaria shots too often.

Those are it's only flaws, but they do cripple the game especially on replays. It's one of the saddest things in modern shooters that they were never able to modded out, because the game was otherwise well made with a lot of interesting mechanics, fun as fuck with good vehicles and worlds and solid level design and gunplay. It's somewhat lacking in a content but it's definitely a rough gem. Anyone that says otherwise is a dirty newfag and anyone that thinks its sequels are remotely recommendable needs to be fucking purged.

Also play Crysis 1, it's basically a Far Cry spiritual successor.

Yeah. For all its faults, Far Cry 3 did have some gameplay improvements here and there. It may not be realistic, but having stealth that actually works is a lot more fun to play. And it was criminal that you could walk around Africa on foot without ever being in danger from any animals.

There were gun stores all over the map. It wasn't hard to plan your route to drive past one of them and pick up a new one. Plus having your weapon jam in the middle of combat added some actual excitement.

To be clear when I say rough gem, is FC2 is very much worth playing. It's like The Darkness or Prey, one of the few rough but v good and creative shooters we were treated to in the last generation.

Thats because the guns were trash and the combat was not fun in the first place.
Not only that, it was fucking absurd how a newly bought gun goes from pristine to dogshit in less than 1000 rounds. Ubishit went completely unrealistic in their portrayal of guns and their mechanics but never bothered to actually add any fun shit. Even Far Cry 3 had good weapon customization with sniper rifles with exploding rounds and that game has a much more realistic gun portrayal than FC2 simply because they don't fucking explode when you shoot them.

I've only played the first hour of FC3. Never played anything else.
I'm currently downloading legally purchased copies of 1 and 2.
How much fun will I have? Are there any essential mods? Is Blood Dragon a must play?

That's bait, right?

FarCry is basically everything you want according to your OP, but there is way too much of it in each game so you get burnt out and stop giving a fuck. Still I suggest trying it. 3 is really good, but is a bit of a casual power fantasy, if you want more grit give 2 a try.

if fun sounds good to you

Does anyone have a cracked version of Ziggy's mod (3.21) for Far Cry 3? It makes the game a lot better but it's an exe edit so it isn't compatible with the default crack.

No Mr Alphabet, promise :^)

I do like Cyberpunk things, so might as well.

Did you try using an .exe cracker for the base game, instead of getting a precracked one? I don't know if they would, but I'd assume they'd work in the same way.

It's the .dll that specifically breaks the crack. I think someone made a crack of tghe 2.71 version of the mod but I'm just a script kiddie at best so I'd have no idea how to transplant that code from the 2.71 dll to the 3.21 dll. You can't just copy-paste the entire dll over because that wipes the mod changes.

Oh, I meant find a program that you just drag and drop the .exe of Far Cry 3 into to crack.
To find one, searchFar Cry 3 your preferred site for torrents, and sort by lowest size. They're always under 5mb, often under 1mb.

2 is good if you can overlook it's flaws which get exaggerated. Personally it's one of my go-to games for stealth, because it's level design is top-tier.

Literally the entire story of the game is how the guns are literally ancient shit that are sold to african soldiers and then picked off the corpses and resold back to them.

Yeah, okay, you're full of shit. Also, you're buying them from a mercenary arms dealer. The ones you're buying aren't "plucked from corpses"

People still defend Primal despite the entire map being literally recycled.

==THIS=
FARCRY 2 IS REPETITIVE AND GARBAGE EVEN IN THE HARDEST DIFFICULTIES THERES LOTS OF TRAVELLING BUT NOTHING IN BETWEEN
FARCRY 4 IS LITERALLY 3 WITH A NEW COAT OF PAINT
FUCK VANILLA 2 THOUGH, FUCK IT TO HELL
1 AND BLOOD DRAGON ARE THE ONLY GOOD ENTRIES ON THE FRANCHISE AND IF YOU DENY IT YOU'RE A FAGGOT
FUCK FARCRY 2 AND FUCK THE PEOPLE WHO MADE ME PLAY IT FOR HOURS UNTIL I COULD NOT STAND IT

Far Cry 3 has some mods too, which are pretty good.

Where do you think that mercenary arms dealer gets his guns from?

Ancient as in they've been used a ton and have been crapily maintained.

The arms dealer gets the weapons from the main antagonist, who's supplying the whole country. You're told this in the first 5 minutes. The main antagonist's scam is he sells the weapons to the soldiers, they kill eachother, and then he takes them back and repeats. He says it himself.

Glad to see people talking completely out of their ass isn't juts limited to reddit.

russia, but your point still stands

They're both available on GoG, so you don't have to worry about being fucked in the ass.

I have a copy lying around but for an old version, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks, user. If you figure it out, please tell me what you did because he's releasing a huge (4.0) update Soon™

Then I spent the rest of the game barreling through checkpoints only slowing down enough to bother trying to run over one or two people. Respawning checkpoints were fucking cancerous.

People who defend FC2 but call FC3 shit are retarded. 3 is literally an upgraded 2 in every way. The only way it's worse is that you don't get to have a combat buddy to come rescue you, and the major problem with the game was them padding it out with a second island and telling you Vaas was no longer the big bag. Even then, the second island kept me entertained since it gives you the wingsuit/disguise outfits, and that was fun for a bit.

It's not me, someone else cracked it and uploaded it to old Kickass torrents. I'll probably stick the thing on volafile.

They all suck.

volafile.io/get/VMtHzDHfQeY/FC3 Ziggy's Mod 3.0 Crack.zip
volafile.io/get/VQ8FRzVauIQ/far cry 3 data_win32.zip
Here you go, everything needed to play Ziggy's Mod 3.0 Hardcore. Later versions probably improve it further, but it's still 200% better than the base game.

You mean it holds your hand in every way.

Thanks, user. Hopefully someone releases a crack for 4.0 when he releases it.

killing off vaas halfway through the game was retarded. i know he was just supposed to be a miniboss, but after how well his voice actor turned out, they should have changed the story and kept him around. i ended up losing interest as soon as the second island started.

He was originally auditioning for the role of protagonist but because of how impressed everyone was he was wrote in, that was all the presence they could give him in the dev cycle they had.

Far cry 3 was a fun game and I enjoyed it past its flaws. A lot of the annoying "AAA GAME" shit can be turned off and I'm a huge sucker for stealth

far cry instincts was the last good one

also the AI was so hilariously bad in 3 that it ruined immersion for me. the game was fun for a bit until i noticed the AI

I should also mention that Far Cry 4 was a fucking hilarious and unforgettable game. It came out right in the heat of GG just after the exodus, and featured Amita, among other feminist garbage. Remember that writer working on the game taunting us and saying that "if you don't like social justice you'll HATE FC4!!!" We all pirated it and played it alongside each other, shitposting in the threads and creating little inside-jokes that died with them. We were fucking thrilled when you could shoot Amita at the end.

The actual gameplay was pretty fun too, just a reskin of FC3 with some improvements like throwing knives, shooting while driving, autocrossbows, and a few other little "quality of life" changes.

Really brings back memories. That was two years ago.

It was a cheap laugh and it's the last Far Cry anyone played or talked about, but "hillarious and unforgettable"? You need to have higher standards, man.
I do want a screencap of the edited wiki article about her though, was pretty funny.

I remember editing the wiki page and sharing edits by other anons while we laughed our asses off all the while doing the same with Dragon Age Cisquisition.
That shit was great
We need more shit like that
I was expecting something like that with Overwatch but apparently Holla Forums has shittier taste than I expecte

This.
2 was kind of promising but didn't make me go back to play it. I guess the setting was kind of boring to me, and didn't immerse you inmediately like 3.
3 is fun at first. Its balance is shit though. Once you're doing the whole liberate the district bullshit, you'll quickly find that a supressed sniper rifle can fuck up pretty much every outpost quite fast, dropping the difficulty from normalfag to abyssal level.
4 is 3. Simple as that, except that it has a shittier story.

I didn't even knew it had mods.

thanks mark

Far Cry 4 was so piss easy even casuals were disappointed in it.

Easier than 3? Well shit. I didn't play more than 2 hours though, so I couldn't get my fuck you sniper gear on.

The new additions are fun, in a godmode bullshit sort of way, but any semblance of challenge is long gone. You get a grenade launcher secondary to defeat all vehicle combat or rain death from above in your gyrocopter, you get a semiautomatic 50bmg sniper rifle that maybe shoots through walls and you get an automatic crossbow for mid-range stealth. The final unlocks are an automatic grenade launcher, homing rocket launcher that can also be used as a mortar, and a handheld MG42 that kills everything that moves. Then you add co-op to the mix and it's just insultingly trivial.

2 does a reasonable job at atmosphere but is fucking boring as all dick. There's been a recent trend among the more pretentious journalists to claim it is some misunderstood masterpiece but unless you mod the fuck out of it and play in a specific way you'll hate it. STALKER SoC does everything Far Cry 2 tried but better.

3 is a junkfood type of game. Fun, competent, easy and utterly forgettable. A little bloated with collectibles but welcome to Ubisoft games. Coop isn't worth shit. Blood Dragon is a giggle but not as good as Holla Forums says.

4 is an inferior rehash of 3 with a better coop mode.

The best thing to come out of the games are there IMFDB pages.

You sure about that? Burgerland is slowly getting there, as are certain yuropoor countries.