NOW THAT THE DUST IS OUT OF THE BAG it's unsurprising that 2016 was a shit year for vidya. Just like the year before...

NOW THAT THE DUST IS OUT OF THE BAG it's unsurprising that 2016 was a shit year for vidya. Just like the year before. And the one before. And before.
But even though it's been shit for vidya it was quite good for mods. And I'm not even talking shit-games mods like fo4 and skyrim with their futa loli rape degeneracy. I'm talking aboot good games mods.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/463920/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

2016 was significantly better than 2015 for vidya, what are you smoking user

Like all "based on a true story" movies I wonder how much is actually reality and how much is HYPERCHARGED for entertainment's sake.

In no particular order- Fallout 1.5 or Fallout: Resurrection.
A total conversion of FO2, set in the ABQ area, time-wise between FO1 and 2, with events being pretty much self contained, without stepping on toes of FO1 or 2.
Gameplay is like hardcore 2 with all its improvements and damage threshold being pretty much non-existent even with power armor on. Thankfully the theme is much closer to FO1 than 2, no epik memes and pop references every 5 minutes. It's a great blend of what was good about FO1 and 2.

HIDDEN NIGGERS

2015 had Yakuza 5
What did 2016 have

game of the year contenders

extreme trash

Next, Temple of Elemental Evil+, or Temple+. While Circle of Eight guys did a lot of work in creating content for ToEE, they didn't stick to improving on the main game. T+ takes ToEE by the balls, improves its engine, adds D&D feats and options (not forced homebrew faggotry though there is an option for it). From alphabetically re-ordering spell lists to making the fucker not crash so often to adding options D&D would've normally offered making sure ToEE is by hands down the best D&D vidya and the closest we have to JA2 of D&D.

Shut the fuck up, I'm talking.

Rude

dude no one plays shit rpgs, they're for super gay people who can't into pressing buttons real hard

I played 3 games this year compared to the 2 in 2015, so it's marginally better

Fuck if a EDF game but worse is the best of this yeah then it certainly hasn't been great in the current year

I'll have to second Robobot, it wasn't great but it did what it needed to do well

One of the most obvious changes was only one of the women was actually black

WE GOT MISCHIEF MAKERS BABY

If Gravity Rush 2 didn't get delayed because of FFXV, we might have actually had a good game this year

Rimworld

Terrible taste.
That game plays itself.

Isn't Rimworld that Gay Gay Abrams show that came out this year

i gave up on videogames when that piece of shit sjw meme game tumblrtale came out and """people""" liked it and praised it for its nigger skeletons and tranny robots

lol for real?
Why would they even bother to do that?
I mean shit…can't just have it be about women struggling to be taken seriously in the workplace in the 50's and 60's huh? Got to ALSO make it about race too?
Or does the race thing trump the sexism thing?

How does the stack go?

Fair enough
Luckily it's dead now

And lastly Give me Dude Sex, or GMDX for Deus Ex.
Unlike shit like Revision it doesn't go full retard with its "creative license" and instead improves on the game's core mechanics and improves stuff that was lacking at best- AI and its pathfinding, game being way too easy due to bombarding you with resources. Now you'll get your ass raped by greys, hard.

No pics because I wanted to post gifs but shitchan couldn't handle it.

No.

Undertale Yellow

Don't tell me that faggot Toby Fox made another game

Regardless of the quality of the game, you don't release a game at the same time as two overly hyped games with millions of dollars of marketing, or else it will get completely overshadowed. I remember when the Mad Max game came out, it got completely overshadowed by MGSV.

It's not Toby.

It's a fan-game.

The cancer divides and multiplies.

I thought Gravity Rush was niche as fuck

And as it's a fan game that I havn't seen anyone talk about since last month it's probably dead

It released a demo around a week ago, it seems.

ok

Choose two.

This won't stand.

Bib Black Dicks are higher on the stack than little white clits.

I bet you could in a Liberal as fuck area find more Trump supporters than Vita owners

Consolefags get out.

/r/peacuckmasterrace please.

Once scientists figure out which gene is responsible for a child to develop consolefaggotry and how to remove it you'll be the first to go.
Even gays will outlive consolefags.

What if you play on Consoles, PC, and Handhelds

Oven, gas, whatever you fancy.

What if I Play games in my imagination because I'm too poor

You're better off that way. Maybe at least you still get good games.

If anything, PC is going to be the first to go kiddo. Win 10 and steam will make sure of that.

No

There's too much of a barrier to console games

Remember the great PC crash?

I will drop some charts for everyone.

Already happened. Big box PC games are dead.

Yes, it happened some time after NES appeared on the market and ended when the console service steam was created.

That should put things into perspective about where video games are going.

Ah, back when entire genres were being created on PC and then half-assedly ported onto jap crap, like Ultimas or Wizardries.

I disagree. There has been quite a lot of fun vidya out this year. There was
For 2D vidya:

For top down vidya:
>Hyper Light Drifter 60 fps edition

For 3D vidya

I haven't played a bunch of stuff so somethings are missing but I'm working on it.
Look if you haven't played any of those just ask me to shill them for you, I'll throw in a magnet link for free. Just don't reply and go "NEVER HEARD OF THEM SHIT/10", actually discuss vidya for once

wewuzspessnsheeeit

2 words: your wrong.

Actually GDMX was released at least three years ago but the most recent update is really worth replaying the mod again.

What about my wrong? Is it missing?
Come on user vidya is fun. You're missing out

The old version is nowhere near what it is currently and what it'll be soon.
Ceiling spider-bots

How fucking out of touch can you be to think Steam, of all things, will be the destroyer of PC games?
If anything, it will spearhead the saving of it from Windows as it has been pushing to make a market on Linux machines.
All Windows 10 will do for PC games is make people not buy games published/held by microsoft because microsoft's software store sucks major dicks.

How long now? How long has Holla Forums been proclaiming the great gaming crash? Any fucking year now, right? Just right around the corner!
Fucking hell, Jesus has more of a chance to come back than for the gaming industry to go into a full on crash right now.
Its too big. Has too many outlets at too many levels.
Tons of different platforms, 3 of which will NEVER go away (PCs, IOS and Androids) and a toolset that has made it easier than ever for just about anybody to make a game.
On top of that, its international.

Gaming as an entertainment medium and industry is here to stay. Forever.

I get his point, not destroying in terms of stock, but as in terms of quality
He's not that wrong

Vidya is shit nowadays on all platforms.
Steam's fault?

Video Games is going to go the way of Hollywood and produce complete and utter garbage. There will be no "Crash" but what is classified as video games will be straight from the toilet. Fucking kill yourself.

Steam is a very big part of the problem, along side consoles from the PlayStation 2 on.

Because it sells bad games?

because steam doesn't compete anymore.
Sales have been getting shittier and shittier as time goes on, and the program itself still has problems that it had years ago.

Steam needs a better way to filter out undesriable stuff. Finding things I actually like on that store is literal blind luck. There needs to be a way to
and most of all the tag system needs an utter revamp because it links together the most far fetched games and calls them alike. See the bullshit female protagonist tag that lumps in all sorts of different games. See the parkour tag that decides Assassins Creed is totally similar to Mirror's Edge or Deadcore(Even if DC doesn't have any fucking parkour)

But in movies there is still good stuff coming out. I'm not anywhere near a film buff but I really enjoyed Hardcore Henry and The Nice Guys this year.

It has bad games ON DISPLAY. In other words it has jack shit for quality control. And why would they bother fixing since they rake in profits daily just from DOTA and CSGO skin sales alone.
What are the odds Valve will repurpose Team Fortress 2 to be another overwatch competitor I wonder(or just make another game to be an overwatch competitor)?

What does that have to do with new games being shit?

Steam is a store. What does it have to do with the games being sold on it?

The only thing that sucks about Steam is the Greenlight/Early Access thing that is starting to flood it.
Indies don't release completed games anymore. Always with the early access and shit.
Which is bullshit. I tend to go towards indie/smaller developer games because they tend to be more "Arcade" like and to be honest I just don't want to stomach long and involved stories and hour long cinematic scenes. I just want to jump into the games and play them.
But I find something that looks interesting and then, yup, EARLY ACCESS. So I don't even bother to try it.
Early Access, in my eyes, is on a scam level of kickstarter. Probably even worse.

It is. And it fucking pains me not having a visible tag that tells me when a game is actually out of early access because there are some games I hope to god come out good out of that hell hole but I fear they'll come out unfinished, or just pure trash.

Steam Centralises the marketplace meaning games can only be sold through it

Talking straight: A heavy online focus and microtransaction platform makes creators a bunch of fags overnight
And let's not talk about paid mods and Steam underhand role in it
Online modes are cool and all, but it gives way to the discouragement of good single player games. that was the whole critique of XBL's campaign, it denigrated the single player experience, the only way to get good ones was in PC. Was.
If it wasn't Steam it would another service, so it's somewhat pointless to knock on them

Part of the problem is also the whole culture around games, i know that's a little dirty sentence but it's a reality, today's culture is vastly different from the old days and the pioneer days. Today people like to see wacky shit from someone else's video/stream and partially play it for a weekend, or memesters who buy the classic sequels because they are classic, in the same vein as modern reboots and endless comic sequels and spiritual knock-offs in the movie scene
That in particular has a bigger impact than Steam, at least in my opinion, the products are a reflex of the userbase's majority

Reminder that the indie cancer that steam likes to foster such as phil fish helped kill quality control, because the QA on xbox was tooo haaaaaard!

I get where you're coming from but I still have hope that there are people making the games we like. And I like to think it's not blind hope since again I enjoyed a bunch of vidya this year. Faggotry can't be helped I guess. But for every 10 faggots in the industry I hope there's at least one good dev out there, and that's what makes me try out lots of games released a year. Because even if most of them are shit there is this minority that's so damn fun to play, and not in the sense that "better than the rest of the trash" but most of the time it's genuine new experiences I've never played before or improvements over something I've played before.

Plus there's my lifelong goal of making vidya as a hobby that I'll totally start next year and not procrastinate on and not suck total ass in

Reminder that early access started because the jew who made fucking Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing intentionally published an unfinished game with microtransactions and valve apparently bought his justification.

Why would anything good happen? and we are a very small minority, i know we are not that tiny of a community but a very sizeable chunk of us are just a bunch of meme fags who spout shit and take it dry from the big companies
It is true there's games that are good and/or interesting once in a while, but they are too few and with small budgets. When they try to get big, faggotry and jewry slowly creeps in for every million, it is inevitable, especially in poz-conrolled areas like the US. And small, bite-sized games get tiring after a while.
Along with the high increase in old vidya, i almost quit the games, i just read the news and try games, movies are the way to go these days, and maybe anime because there's tons of it from the old days, but even those are getting shitty these days.
We are in a new 80's era, and i'm not talking about that dreadful neo80's faggotry, but in lack of ideas and overall complete disdain in all media except TV shows.
90's is going to be a revival thanks to indie ideas and new millionaires giving budget to renegades, problem is we can see indies and new millionaires being a bunch of extreme fags from now on, and it's scary

Business growth can only continue if it can continue through mistakes, and the current AAA climate is not conductive to mistakes.
The giants have less legs as time goes on, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them slips and never regains its footing.

Steam doesn't compete because no other serviceh as arisen that provides more overall consumer benefit than steam.
The closest is GoG, which still doesn't have as wide a selection as steam.

This, basically.
The biggest thing steam needs is some form of consumer protection applied to early access, so that people don't get shafted if a developer decides to not deliver on their promise.
More demos would also be a good thing, demos are always a good thing. Maybe replace the popular new releases section with a popular demos section.

Look at this EU fag projecting.

This is the one part I agree with you on. There are a couple of AA publishers(Focus Home, Devolver Digital, hopefully THQ nordic but I'm not even a little bit hopeful for them) I really hope start standing out and making their mark. Devolver is indeed mostly small bite sized games but Focus Home has some really good studios under their belt, like Cyanide(Aarklash Legacy, Styx Master of Shadows, Of Orcs and Men), Eugen Systems(Wargame) and some studios that need some more polish like Spiders(Technomancer, Bound By Flame) and their recent Deck13(of Lords of The Fallen fame, but the Surge looks like a nice step up. Still fairly cautious though).

Nice projecting, son
Also the US is pozlord zone, Trump takes only after January and California rules the US game market

All the luck to them, Styx was pretty cool
Surprised 3rd world countries havent got their hand in games, because there's a surge in medium quality programmers from there
Pajeets and mountain chinamen not accounted due to not reaching medium quality

Vidya crash is already happening, it's just that it's not a fast occurence, like tomorrow you wake up and all the companies are dead and gone. With inflation continuing and wages stagnating, on top of the pc bullshit, as well as dumbed down, shittier games, people are not only buying less, but theyre getting less options as well. Just compare the PS4 roster to the PS2 one, hell the PS3 roster to the PS4. Same for Xbox1 to the 360 or Xbox, which is even more evident, considering how shit the Xbone has done. People are starting to talk about how the indy industry is the new saving grace of vidya, with how shit everythings been getting.

The way the crash is going to happen is the same way a depression would happen. The same way it's been happening now. We slowly get used to less and less options for games as they slowly get more expensive and companies try to jew us out of more money through micro-transactions, dlc, season passes, on disc dlc, episodic content, etc, while these fewer options continue to stagnate and become shorter and simplified as time goes on, not to mention the pc culture is trying to forcefully inject itself into the vidya industry, which has led to even less interest in the games featuring it. On top of that we wont really be able to afford many of these options as each company wants more of the same pie for the increasing price to develop vidya with voice actors, modeling, animation, marketing and everything else. To make matters worse, the graphics on vidya is slowing down on consoles as it gets harder and more expensive to create new consoles, as well as create such high quality games with a dwindling customer base with the reduced spending capital of our already dying economy. It's why I think they're trying to meme this bullshit that the future of vidya is mobile now. Companies realize they cant keep up with whats going on and stay profitable enough for their investors and want to go into a simplified vidya format where they can milk whales for money. Of course the risk for mobile is that these whales can be finicky unless you make the right kind of game, and the majority of mobile games fail. Anyway, what im getting at is the crash isnt going to be some instantaneous thing, where its all gone one day. It's going to be a slow boil. Vidya will continue to get worse, and the options will continue to dwindle, developing companies will continue to go under and be destroyed due to underperforming sales or being cannibalized by larger corps or publishers who are likewise unprofitable most of the time, and people will end up buying less while some companies try to transition to other platforms or genres where there's more profitability.

As a kang I can tell you that most of the people who are deep into coding and shit are either working really hard in anything else and planning to get out of the country ASAP. I'm aware of one actual game(not a mobile game) that was made here but it wasn't really good and as you can see by the most recent update being June it's pretty much abandoned.
store.steampowered.com/app/463920/

They be no kangz of mine
Like the concept thou, reminds me of Hexen

Not to get off topic but from my limited work experience here it's literal fuck. I don't know if that's all work everywhere or just here but it's genuine bullshit the type of things companies pull on their employers.
It was an okay multiplayer game but it was way early in development when i played it(they had announced it in some conference that I had attended). There was an older guy in college I was pretty sure would be making vidya, and I was right But it was mobile vidya. Last I hear he was trying to open a VR arcade.
Don't worry user, I'll try my best and make good games that are worthy of kangz n sheit

2016 had the greatest video game bombs in history. I mean, come on. You'll remember 2016 more than 2015 much more for for that than the few good games released this year.

There will be no crash, stop hoping for it. It's true when they say companies like EA or Activision are too big to fail. They have massive quantities of assets just laying around they can sell off to maintain operations. How many years has EA been bleeding money out the ass and still manages to stay in business? How many colossal blunders have they had? TOR and Destiny lost both EA and Activision hundreds of millions of dollars, yet they still keep in business.

What we will see happen is the AAA blockbuster model become unprofitable as budget swelling makes profit margins narrower and narrower. After that comes to pass we'll either see a revival of "AA" mid budget titles, and maybe publishers investing in experimenting and new IPs or, more likely, they'll simply switch over to mobile and f2p.

Yeah but gaming as an industry won't crumble.
Companies come and go.
So long as the medium is valid and wanted then gaps will eventually be filled by other companies looking to make money.

At this point, there will always be a video game industry because it is just that, an industry.
You have to remember that the crash came about not when video games were an industry but more akin to a niche in the toy industry.

Vidya remains just as bad, but this year was far from worse than 2015. Kotaku/Gawker and their lot were destroyed, we had 3 worthwhile games unlike last year's 2, sjws and futa fangirls were btfo on election night, and we got a lot of salty new lulz. Although Watch Dogs 2 did well and that saddens me greatly.

This year I played weeb porn games and pirated saint row 2.

Last year I just played lots of weeb porn games, so I guess it's an improvement.