Meanwhile, in Lumbridge Holla Forums

Meanwhile, in Lumbridge Holla Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cXv1hQv9uCc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

buying gf

Anybody got bones? This prayer stat is a bitch to level up.

Hellor fellow players. Awrr you a'ww looking forwurd to dis years uwp comming woonfest? Dis mumf we'll be weleasing an aww new slaya update

Free armour trimming. Don't worry, you can trust me. My dad works for Jagex.

selling bronze sword 100k

I never played Runescape. I was a UO boy. What are the main differences?

q p

99 cooking isn't a real achievement. The only 99 that matters is agility.

What the hell were the bones for?. Bury them and pray for the soul of that poor globin that you just butchered? Pray for the sins of a lesser demon while burying his huge bones?

Gotta up that Prayer stat nigga

First and only scam I ever fell for online. It was a worthwhile experience.

But demons drop ashes, not bones! Who are you?

Shit, mixed em up with the dragon bones. I don't play it since 2010, pretty much stopped playing when that "dungeonering" shit came out.

Either way, maybe a more occult answer than you're thinking: even if they're evil creatures, it could still just be an offering to the gods. You don't "bury" them at a POH altar, do you? No, they dissapate.

Sad feels

Haven't touched this game since RS2 was new. What the fuck did they do?

Fuck my ass, I'd give anything to play 2006 in its original state with its original playerbase. God dammit.

Search "OSRS" and play that. RS3 is a clusterfuck.

That said, I still haven't really played much OSRS. How shit is it?h

Why did Darkscape die off?

great fun right there

~FOLLOW TO LEARN HOW TO DUPE ITEMS!!~

just drop the item you want to dupe and alt f4

Because Jagex is retarded and closed it due to it being F2P and it allowed F2P players to experience members content and they didn't want to commit resources to developing the game further since those devs could work on another mtx for rs3.

I am so sorry for your loss

It was shit, get over it.

I'm sorry that you're retarded user.

In OSRS Barrows is still a viable source of money especially if you get the Morytania hard diary done since you get 50% more rune drops. Besides even if you don't get that done Things like Karil's top is like 3m Guthan's spear is 4m or so and most the other Barrows gear is 200k-300k

It was shit, but got a lot of ideas right. I just miss being a kid.

They misspelled "Customizations".

This. The only reason I played it was because I was 10 and had 0 taste in video games.

Follow me, I know about this cool secret potion called the Wine of Zamarok.

Fuck that I'm going to karamja

Fishing lvls?

this movie was just on today
get out of my head

Trading my mithril hatchets for your bronze, 100% legit

scamming starting items off of idiots was fun shit

I can show you how to put on Goblin Mail. Just follow me north of Varrock.

get out

There a runescape with the old old runescape models? You know what I'm talking about, blue giant rats and the teal blue-green zombies.

oldschool?

Nah oldschool is 2d isn't it? Holla Forumsscape is older runescape, but still has the new models with the gray giant rat and all that.

im talking about official Oldschool runescape, how is that 2D?

These are what I'm talking about, the original models before they got revised. If Holla Forumsscape and Oldschool are based on the same version no., then oldschool doesn't have it.

Holla Forumsscape uses a version from 05-06, rats were updated in 06 iirc. OSRS runs a version in 2007, right before GWD came out I think

so is there ``any`` .jar floating around there that has these models?

fucking hell that italics fail.

OSRS was a backup of the game right before they released Grand Exchange in case anything went wrong they wouldn't be left without a game.

What sucks about OSRS is that it doesn't have much of the old player base, it's all new faggots. I remember when it came out there were fucking pmods who'd never been the wild before and complaining about losing their stuff. The forums were filled with faggots bitching about the wild, no grand exchange, and no "bossing". Now OSRS has been slowly turning into a ghetto version of RS3.

dancing for money

At least I learned to never trust anyone ever again.

Dungeoneering was fun.
In a "wow what a trainwreck of a release day" fun.

Get 11460535 for bf.

agility doesnt mean shit after 80

theres rs3, oldschool which is rs2, and classic

British English

Agility doesn't mean shit outside of some shortcuts.

you are damn right it was shit. But as a young kid, runescape seemed like a game with endless possibilities and things to explore. I have a lot of fond memories interacting with people in that game.
why live?

I never played runescape, tell me why this game is fondly remembered, even for a 2006 game it looks like dogshit.

This. I remember every other faggot playing when they was in their early days of school. It was literally a game based on grinding. Fuck that shit.

I bet you couldn't even make steel armor faggot

It is a dogshit grindfest, people just have their pinkest nostalgia goggles on

the fun was more in exploring, trading, setting up a fire in a crowded street and becoming a kebab stall, and little things like infinite beer refills
there weren't really any restrictions on trading and it felt a lot more realistic that you had to go to one of the bigger towns to find more people to haggle with
there were real reasons for them to be there, to go to the bank, to buy from NPC merchants, to trade with other players, and find quests or whatever
quests were amusing from what i remember

wilderness was fun too if you could find anyone halfway willing to cooperate with you and if you had leveled up enough by then
but yeah the game was grindy as fuck, at least it had an excuse since it was a browser game
also as time went on the grand exchange was implemented and anti scamming measures were implemented, so the fun of trading was ruined. plus more and more member's only features/zones popped up, so more paywall shit.

how the fuck do I even play this game
why is the tutorial so long
help me

Git gud

What was the best quest in the game and why is it Recipe for Disaster

trading yoyo 500gp follow to wildy

Boy I'm gettin' old fast.

wave:teal:
NEW PLAYERS FOLLOW ME FOR NEW LOOT

wildy awaits

you done fucked up

It was a browser game. It had a massive world full of interactive objects, NPCs and comfy music. Quests weren't "get me 10 horse cocks", they were designed and you had to solve puzzles and use your head. There were lots of skills that intertwined with each other in the crafting system, making most items in the game craftable and interesting to make.

You could own a house, which you had to build yourself and it was fully functional. You could get food from your larder, make things, fight with your friends in a combat ring, build your own dungeon with monsters and hire NPCs to do services. It was all pretty impressive for a 2006 browser game.

Yes, it was heavily flawed. The system was imbalanced and most items saw no use. For example, there were tons of different fancy foods you could make, like potatoes with toppings, pizzas, pies, brews, but they all saw no use because everyone would just eat fish, since it healed faster and required a lot less effort to make. Another notable example were the weapon types; there were daggers, short swords, long swords, 2h swords, battle axes, maces, hammers, spears, halberds but the vast majority of people would only use scimitars since they had the best stats. The biggest problem with it is famous, the massive amount of grinding you needed to do in order to level up and be able to accomplish anything.

It was a simple game, and its simplicity was its charm, and Fagex killed it. RIP.

You will never be able to play Runescape again for the first time.

fire pls

It still beats a bunch of horrible needy attention whores like amongst many private WOW servers.

HELP, I CAN'T LOG OUT!

how do i wear goblin armor

Aksdgf;alkdsfjga;lrjgadlga
All my *** stuff gone
**** this game

^
|
|
|
|
|
this fucking post right here
don't do that kids

^
|
|
|
|
|
this fucking post right here
don't do that kids

Have you seen any Runescape twitch streamers yet?
That's some prime cuts of cancer right there.

Your first post in this thread is cancer you fucking autiste

do not do this

Yeah, it was always pretty shit. It just reminds me of being a happy kid.

I shouldn't be allowed to play video games.

It was a shitty game. But for many of us, it was our shitty game.

flash2:wave:YO I JUST GOT 35 SMITHING, WHO WANTS IRON ARMOR?

Realized an old dream of mine and bought a month of premium earlier this year just to see how it was. Felt like a kid again.

you got tricked, oldschool with G.E is not real runescape

The one thing Runescape did right was having little dungeons everywhere that were helpful for different skills and skill levels.

Consider the Edgeville dungeon, where if you explored it, you could get the key that opened a shortcut to it near Varrock. Varrock itself had a pretty expansive (at the time) dungeon in the form of its sewers. Get high enough agility? Boom, those two places are connected (though it's a useless shortcut, it's nice to have). You can survive the trip to and from? Holy shit, 7 coal rocks that aren't usually being fought over, because fuck Barbarian Village, and even MITHRIL. Wow!

Or building on above, transportation networks and shortcuts. You do quests, you do tasks, and suddenly you have a hundred different items to teleport you around the map depending on what you need. Instant bank? Castle Wars ring. Wanna jew? Maybe Glory to Edgeville and run to the Grand Exchange or whatever. Do a quest and you have fairy rings all over the fucking place.

It's kind of a shame they added free-use home teleports to any city which completely obsoleted your magic teleports. Admittedly, I never liked Ancients too much so I didn't bother with their teleports much either.

HEY GUYS TRADING IS A BIG PART OF THE GAME LETS TAKE IT AWAY AND GIVE THE PLAYERS SOMETHING PLAIN AND BORING INSTEAD

the implementation of GE must have been the first time that Ive noticed that adding new stuff doesnt always make for a better game

so many times I was looking forward to gathering all the stuff I needed to make a new armor piece and then wondering for how much will I be able to sell it to someone,
and then when youre selling it at lumbridge you get to talk to other people about stuff, and things happen

after GE you just made the shit you wanted to sell, and put it on GE. No interaction with other players.

and instead of making armor and shit I just dig clay since you could just put that shit on GE and it somehow made solid money (for me).
So I just ran betwen varrock bank and the clay ore, there and back .. for some time.. and then I quit, because it was boring as fuck and I felt like Im playing a fucking singleplayer game.

GE improved the game tenfold.

no more waiting for fucking hours to sell shit, now its done instantaneously.

nothing is stopping you from talking to people, you don't talk to anybody because everybody playing right now is a retarded memespamming redditor.

the community change is what ruined the game, not the GE.

Wew thats some heavy-duty bait right there.

I dont even know about big community changes or shit

I quit like 8 years ago

I think he's right man. Honestly, the exchange sped up the game a lot, and made shit a lot more efficient. I know it killed the merchant scene, but it made a stock-market thing in it's place, so there's still a form of merchant play. But in exchange for that change, you can quickly gear up for whatever you need to do, and you don't need to spend a day of play just buying shit.
Like, finding people selling armor you wanted was annoying, and wasted everyone's time. If you miss the social aspect of it, you can just skill. Fuckers skilling are starved for human interaction.

Player interaction is what made runescape great, neutering it is what ruined runescape and its the same thing that ruined WoW.

aesthetic

The ost sucks so bad, but you can't stop listening to it. I don't even exactly know why i loved this game so much back then.
Fun fact: This game actually got me into coding in 8th grade, because i coded my own clickbot so my character kept farming while i was doing homework.

Yeah, I really like not being able to buy or sell anything outside of a game-defined range of value.

How does it feel to be the reason MMOs suck nowadays?

Free trade is back man. You type whatever you want on the screen and if someone agrees it buys/sells.
You're thinking of when they took away free trade and capped it based on quest points. That was terrible, and they got rid of that around the same time they brought back the wilderness.

I talking about when they introduced G.E. and simultaneously limited how much you could buy or sell something for into a range of like 10% above and below the average selling price of the item on the G.E., all because Jagex wanted to protect idiots.

Doo doodoodoo doodoodoodoodoo doo doodoo doodoodoooo

Yeah, the 10% thing is when they took away free trade. They got rid of the limiter on both versions of the game. The ge isn't too bad without the limit thing.

I don't know what was wrong with me. My brain kept falling for their sweet words. I've gained enough wisdom.
Now I only trust people who in the event where they screw me over, I would be able to screw them over 10-folds worse.

Okay, I can understand it if you were a young child, but by the teenage years, you really should have known better, at least after the first time.

This, the GE gave me goals

Ultimately it was easier to earn money by doing a slayer task followed by a farm run every 45m
>summoning charms yeah +2 woodcutting is a HUGE bonus goy it even stacks with potions if we had some

Good times

Items had prices before the GE as well user

I ain't posting on a forum outside the game or hopping worlds to sell loot or negotiating for 30m and meeting only to have them say lolnm

Fuck that. Two clicks, all done, get my money, get some supplies, back to grinding. Easy.

hacker was a bro

Even as a kid, I didn't like RS at all.
My friends played and I did play it too with them, but I never really wanted to and I still don't.
I guess this is where my distaste for grinding comes from.

did you even read the rest of my post or did you just went into an autisitic sperg rage when you saw i said GE improved the game?

pretty much.

you put a price in there and if someone offers equal or more, it sells, there is no fixed range, the ranges are built on global activity of said item.

if someone were to go into the GE and buy maple logs for 2k each over and over again, with multiple accounts, then the price would go to 2k, as long as nobody else buys maple logs for their current price of like 30gp. the "range" is a medium price, the addition of the total GP paid for said item divided by the number of said item being sold.

also, to prevent market manipulators, there's a purchase cap for items, ie if you try buying 50k maple logs its not gonna happen, you'll get something like 4k and the game won't let any purchases go through until 3 or 4 hours pass

i've sold elemental staffs for up to 9.5k each, disregard their H.A. return is 9300gp, some people just want to semi-afk magic fam…

I miss pre grand exchange old runescape economics, it was fun bartering with people at different banks across the map and prices could vary for things like ores or logs based on the distance from their sources, so travelling to places could yield different results. I miss the more reasonable chaos of the buying and selling on world 1 and 2 banks like Falador where you could haggle prices. I understand why they made the grand exchange but centralising and monitoring the market kind of ruined the fun.

No, it murdered trading and neutered player interaction. You could no longer search, negotiate, barter and chat with people while trading. It's completely irrelevant if it was more convenient or not, because the price was sacrificing MMOs' most valuable aspect.

Trading existed before the G.E. You could look at what people were selling and ask players what was the most profitable and how to make cash. Automating everything with a system that instantly lets you search for any item in the game, letting you get your hands on every range of items with no effort whatsoever, was a horrible decision.

oops replied to the wrong post

A q p

w

Selling gf 1000g

So, since Runescape has turned to immensely worse shit than it used to be so to speak, what mmos or other such autism fests would you lads recommend then for an user with too much free time on his hands, which allows me to go full kike merchant and sell to others personally or at least close to such?

I'm not that concerned about quality (I already know what I'm getting myself into here), so anything works for me so long as I can embrace my inner merchant in full.

There are currently no good MMOs. Not only that, but you should know better at this point than to play a game without P2P support. Try playing a skill based singleplayer game.

Dude, fucking right?

Selling deadly poison 11k

Buying deadly poison 7k

just get a new girlfriend

Learn another language.
Learn a trade.
Do something useful with your time. Trust me, you will never regret not having played more video games.

Man this game had some weird ass stages

I thought that was spam. Can you really thing of a place in RuneScape that fits each of those descriptions

The Abyss

The one Morytanian capital city with vampires I never bothered going to

Any of Karamja's member quests

Probably elves

You can say anything about RS sucks except the Quests and Music, those are the two things about it which were great and truly stood out.

youtube.com/watch?v=cXv1hQv9uCc

runescape was only good when it was in its sprite-form and 2D

The only one I was expecting was the thing about the elves. "campfire" seems way too specific to refer to the jungle village.

I never got the hate. I enjoyed traipsing all over Gielinor and I was pretty surprised when it ended.