Heroes of Might and Magic I-VII

THOSE FUCKING BLACK KNIGHTS

I'm in the second map of the first campaign of HoMM3 how the fuck do you deal with those fuckers, just three stacks of 2 each of these fucking things laid out in a row kicks my fucking ass all the time every time and there is one hanging out completely cutting me off and blocking my ability to do fuck all on the second map.

Other urls found in this thread:

sli.mg/a/7G32G0
steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good luck, they are one of the best units in the game. Their only weakness I think they can't be buffed, but then again they come with their own buffs and curses.

There really isn't anything I can do until I get unicorns? That'll halt my unit production and map expansion so much, just sit around while the AI builds an exponentially in creasing undead army? I'm thinking of just making a bunch of dendroids and dwarf stacks surrounding grand archer stacks and just pelting them hoping my defense lines hold out.

just cast spells.
also fun fact, black knights and up are cyborgs

Taking the time to build up my spells takes away from my much needed army production. I haven't seen any tooltips on units outside heroes though, is there a specific command for that?

They are rather frail, OP.
Divide your dwarfs and protect your Great elves until they bite the dust.
Slow spell will help you greatly, too.

Thanks, my guess that is what I should do was correct that's good. Now I just have to figure out how to deal with the two garrisons loaded to brim of every Necromancer faction unit. But those black knights were the real crutch of my problem, I might restart from the first turn on my save and see how well the second round goes.

Enjoy the ride.
Remember to get gold over XP in chests, and don't worry too much, that campaign isn't specially hard.

Does that really help all that much on a small map? My experience has taught me small map/few towns powerful creatures quicker is more important, and large maps/many towns getting a large income is more important.

HoMM was a trilogy.

No, there were definitely four games.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that last one.

Daily reminder that normalfags prevented Forge from being put in the game

VCMI

user the reason they didn't put that in the game is because despite the fact that it would make some sense in the lore, it would still be jarring next to the medieval setting they had. They should have gone with a steampunk style, instead of cyberpunk.

Also it would have been OP as fuck compared to every single town and restricted to a campaign only town.

Well it didn't have to be OP, but they would have to do some serious mental gymnastics why even a thousand guys with swords would be able to damage their super advanced space age units.

They can be buffed but undead in general can't be buffed with certain spells like Bless (things that in context wouldn't make sense to buff undead). Other spells can buff them though like Haste and other sorts of spells.

how would a thousand guys with swords be able to damage diamond golems?

Depending on the context of the map or what difficulty you're playing on. On harder difficulties you almost always want the gold as you can usually find a way to reach the level cap with your main hero(es) through combat, though on the first scenario or two 1000 or 1500 experience would generally be enough to help you get up one level. It depends how much of a calculated risk you want to take having your hero buffing your units a bit more at the cost of some gold for unit production, or if you're very close to say leveling up a magic secondary skill you want to get up to Master skill level as soon as you can. Master Earth Magic with the spell Slow in your spellbook will help out your units in combat considerably as it slows every enemy stack and slows them to a crawl so your ranged units can pick away at everything.

because diamond is brittle as fuck due to its hardness

how would a thousand guys with swords be able to damage a ghost dragon?

blessed swords or silver alloys

Every time your sword swings through a ghost you're reminding it that it doesn't belong here. Maybe, for a ghost dragon, combat is about coming to terms with its situation.

A thousand guys with swords would make the ghost dragon feel inadequate, and thus dissipate.

10/10 city right there it's like i'm playing WH40k

looks like shit

thats some deep shit user

Posting to say I finally got it, thanks for those who gave me advice.

Wow that took forever. Well congratulations anyways. Trust me, you are going to see a lot of that. And not just from the necromancers.

I only had a fraction of the day available for vidya.

Bump

So how does alignment work, is this race based or faction based? I noticed some races that I figured would've worked well together give each other penalties.

Prayer works.

In terms of the effect it has on morale each town type is its own alignment. You can't mix creatures of different towns without getting a penalty, even if it's something like Castle/Rampart who you'd think would ally. One of the reasons Leadership can be a pretty decent skill, that bonus morale helps you mix and match troops.

actually its because they were sent death threats

y-yeah…normalfags….

upgrade dendroids, root them in place. Use slow, curse, can`t remeber if the can be blinded. Focus them with everything, start with some 1 stack to absorb the counter attack.

instead we got conflux with dryad asses.
i cant complain.

dryad asses? the fairies?

yeah, im not playing english version.
also phoenixes are amaziing. potentially most numerous final unit with highest speed in the game.
and magic elementals

i like the fairy asses in 5

What's the general opinion on Wake of Gods and Horn of the Abyss? I'm looking to game me some heroes over winter break, had those on the back burner. Yay or nay?

HotA is more or less vanilla+. New town, some balance changes, much better random map logic. Good mod if you're looking for quality over quantity.
WoG is the opposite. Has tons of options and you choose what you want enabled before each game. Changes go from balance, to making skills work differently, replacing map features with new ones, or insane gimmicks like reverse stats. It's ugly and also not that stable. Basically a soup mod.

ayy blyat

Here are some screenshots I took.
sli.mg/a/7G32G0

It depends on what difficulty you're playing and what skills you took in the first scenario.
Just go and fight the vampires instead tbh, they're way easier.
Generally though, divide centaurs into stacks of 1 to fill all spots and put them as body blocks for your grand elves.
If you have archery, then just upgrade elves asap and mass them, try to lose 0 until you attack an enemy castle or fight a strong enemy hero (or fight dragons or something that has 1st strike).

Get HD mod by the way if you havent already.

It is on impossible.
The writing is also piss poor, muh stronk independent snarky womyn that trashtalks experienced generals because she's so snarky.

no face for you

Holy shit what are the odds?

1 in 6 million

at that point, 1 month ago, I didn't know that hero movespeed is determined by army speed. I just played scenarios my whole life, never cared for anything. I didn't even know what a "random scenario/map" feature does
They were meatshields.

The odds are that you should go back to cuckchan

more like one out of all the mummy's little hacka'

now that's an irony, my downwoting dude
why doesn't you apply it to yourself?

You mean what a beautiful movie right

Yes and the only reason Lost Levels is difficult is because it has gravity. The fuck is the purpose of saying this?

You are the 18th guy in this thread. How does it feel to be so stupid that 17 people before you figured out what the door stands for?

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

I dont think so, they always refer to themselves in te third person.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

Varg truly has fallen far.

bui here

my discord is Bui#3468

you dont get rewarded for autism user