Nu-God of War

How bad is this one going to be, Holla Forums?

God of War as you know is dead.

Other urls found in this thread:

bato.to/comic/_/comics/6000-r2678
famsi.org/)
mesolore.org/)
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/wiki/nativeamerican
reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/wiki/mesoamerica)
just
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You walk straight until you enter an invisible radius which triggers the next scripted event.

what the fuck is wrong with his face?

To be honest old God of war was okay at best.
I'm okay with someone trying to give it a new spin, you never know, maybe it'll be good.

I'm also a-okay with viking theme.

They could have called it something and not make it related to GoW and I would probably hate it less.

You know, one thing that i like about it is this. But the fact its just a TLoU clone kills it completely for me. Imagine playing as Thor instead of Kratos, and not some marvel tier thor, but more closer to the actual heathen god. Never ever though, Sony is no better than marvel, everything must look like the same uncharted spin-off.

The God Of War I knew died when they started shitting out sequels even though 1 ended with a nice ribbon and an appropriately Grecian tragedy.

But how does that even fucking work? Is every specific region in the world ruled by a bunch of gods? So Zeus is in no way THE god of the gods, he's more like a CEO of the Greek gods.

God of War has always be popular with casuals so of course there eating this shit up.

GoW: God of War
God of War fans are a crying shame
rebooting God of War fans hate

It's sad. The GoW games while not the greatest were still enjoyable, the first one especially. But the fact that they completely removed the hack and slash combat and made it worse than DmC's combat is embarrassing.

1. Father son talk
2. Comment on how beautiful the deer are
3. Ogre ambush. Three QTE button prompts bring him down.
4. Son asks about past.
5. Kratos notices the normal path to the village has been disturbed!
6. Taking the alternate route, Kratos can see smoke in the distance! Son is scared.
7. 10 minute Cutscene

He's a true nord now gotta look like one.

God of War was always trash.

But it was fun trash before it was over done

FUCK OFF SHEEVPOSTER

Traditionally pre-Christians would conflate their gods, so the Romans viewed Wodan as equivalent to Mercury, or Thor as analogous to Zeus.

He never was. Zeus had sovereignty by virtue of deposing his father, not out of any deeper metaphysical justification.

Odin is king for the same reason as Zeus as well

Thank you Playstation 2 and God Of Shit for making video games cool to the shittiest people known to mankind. 2005 was a fucking mistake.

You can't defeat me
And with the Sheev movie I'll only be getting stronger

He became MC Ride.
YUH

Spectacle fighter you fucking hipster shitbag.

Character action you insufferable cunt

GoW3 had more depth than it was often given credit for and I found the series on the whole, while never particularly complex, always enjoyable. It's a shame it's being reduced to this, since it sets a precedent for turning other hack n slash/stylish action games into walking simulators.

You'll notice in videos about the new one that the devs refer to what's going on as 'Kratos' doing something rather than 'the player' doing something. That I think is a telltale sign that it's going to be a cinematic, character-driven wankfest, which is never what the series was about. They new actor for Kratos who played Teal'c in Stargate, incidentally also referred to the game's story as 'not being a game script, but a script.' That seems pretty bad.

They've also said that at certain points there'll be about a hundred enemies on screen at once, but I struggle to believe that given that the combat looks so limited and intended for small skirmishes rather than the crowd-clearing slashes we saw in the rest of the series. I'm not hopeful at all, but maybe they can prove me wrong.

You can find an engraving on the wall in God of War II which hints at the three wise men going to see Jesus some time after the game takes place. Additionally, the alleged original plans for III saw Kratos going to kill other pantheons of gods after he killed Zeus at the start of the game.

What I take from those things is that, in the GoW universe, pretty much all pantheons exist simultaneously.

Didn't the original story of God of War involve Kratos going around and killing every possible Pantheon of Gods? (judeo-christian gods excluded, of course)

No, Odin is one of the three primordial Gods who were unearthed by Audhumla. Zeus is a fourth or fifth generation deity depending on if you start from Eurynome or Gaia.

I'm feeling so culturally enriched right now

Except his dick, of course, needs to be amazing to keep his wife from killing him all the time I figured.

I know it's unrelated to the qualityy of the game, but now I'm interested in it. I love that nigger.
SG-1 video game never ever

Yes, but he killed his father.

He didn't have a father.

The giant he used to create the world.

That wasn't his father, though.

We're talking about Odin.

I fucking wish he did.

Same. I felt conflicted about him replacing TC Carson, since they both seem like pretty decent guys.

It hurts

THE FIRE WILL RISE, AND YOU WILL BE CAST DOWN FROM THE PLANE

Nevermind, you're right

I don't think I'll every get over them killing the franchise

IT'S CINEMATIC
YOU CUNTBAGS! VIDEO GAMES NEED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY AS A MEDIUM AND THE ONLY WAY TO DO THAT IS TO IMITATE OTHER ESTABLISHED FORMS IN HALF MEASURES!

he only killed the greek gods throughout 1-3
i'm not sure who he killed in the psp one and that other one
norse mythology seems like the obvious next step, but god knows why they changed the gameplay
all they had to do was keep the exact same gameplay from the previous games and add new story/bosses, it was the perfect formula

Its going to be shallow linear cinematic bullshit full of quick time events instead of being a shallow linear spectacle fighter with quicktime events everywhere.
Its TLoU shit because said game sold like hotcakes due to SonyGaf niggers eating anything exclusive that Sony shits on their plate.
I played all three of those turds and not one of them was enjoyable.

I love how everybody was shilling Chronos as the biggest boss battle when 3 came out yet he was the stage himself and everything was scripted to hell and back unlike shit like Dark Souls or EDF where giant enemies aren't boring scripted out of reach bullshit who are finished with QTEs.

Its going to be fucking trash just like every Sony first party exclusive since SotC

There's going to be a downgrade. Make sure you have all the old reveals saved up for when the game comes out.

I can't remember who he kills in Chains of Olympus, but in the second PSP game he kills Thanatos (Greek god of death) and in Ascension he kills the Furies (Greek 'goddesses' of vengeance).

lel

oy vey

They'll probably try to excuse this with a technicality, i.e. "See? there ARE 100 enemies on the screen at once! What's that? You say they're in the background and aren't in the fray and that you can only fight 10 of them at a time? Why's that a problem?"

My only issue is how much of a pleb fucking choice the norse pantheon is.

I don't give a shit about the gameplay changes or anything else, but they litterally went with the second most normalfag/boring mythology after greco-roman, which they obviously did. Literally anything would be more interesting. Buddhist (though Asura's Wrath did that), Egyptian, Shinto, Hindu, Mesopotamian, Celtic, or especially Mesoamerican.

God, Mesoamerican mythology is batshit, especially Aztec. You want an ACTUALLY bloody hack and slash game?

Aztecs made every other mythology look like pussy bullshit. They outdid most of europe and asia in terms of architecture and urban planning, building the 5th largest city in the world on top of a lake with causeways and dykes and aqueducts to surrounding cities to despite not using metal tools or having beasts of burdens. Niggas were hardcore.

It's actually called Fantastical Arena Gladiators, retards

Games no longer want to have good gameplay.
They aspire to be greater than that.
They want to be MOVIES and therefore respected!

Should be obvious but the trick or treating with human skins thing was the ritual they used to honor that god (Xipe Totec), not the thing that happened in the mythology itself, though stuff equally and more insane happened there.

Aztec mythology is litterally just a cosmic horror mythos if one were made by a guro author on crack. The blood from human sacrifices empowering the gods to stop cosmic magic entropy so even worse eldritch horrors won't be set loose to consume everything

Also, didn't Kratos kill fucking everyone at the end of GoW? How is any of this possible.

That legit pissed me off
Money

anything is possible when all you care about is cash, user

Which gow wanted to?

Are you aware the whole monsters wearing human skin thing is older than time itself right?

The snake skirt shit is just fucking retarded though. I mean Medusa is silly but this shit is just stupid.

Also I forget to mention the star jointed skelly demons were actually multi-penis dickgirls with rattlesnakes for dicks.

Sure, but they are usually monsters or demons, not the most important agricultural diety in your entire pantheon that you devote a yearly ritual for where you send war prisoners off to be killed in battles to the death and then give their skins to people to wear to go trick or treating with.

I got the image off of google searching for "Tzitzimitl", calm your autism

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that's true. At least change the filename you lazy fuck, otherwise you look like a retarded outsider. You do know we're being raided and spammed, right?

I though Bui/Not Bui had already given up
No captcha per post at least
haven't been on /sudo/ for a while

I think Chains is the one where he kills the Fates, Chlotho, Lachesis, and Atropos.

that's GoW 2

Chains you kill Persephone.

at least they let kevin sorbo voice hercules

Well shit.

I'm not sure if that was better or worse.

have they confirmed this? looked like it was just random snowy forest to me.

this is all games now

its going to be fucking awful, say what you will about the previous god of war games but they followed action game rules and had lots of blood and gore and all that fun shite. plus it didn't pigeonhole you into forced walking/talking exposition that so many AAA devs, especially in sony, seem to think is fucking brilliant when really its the worst most boring shit.

even the cinematic kills and QTEs in the previous GoW games had a clear cut between them and regular gameplay whereas this is trying to blur that line and yank control from you more often, save for big boss finishers the player would decide when they wanted to do a cinematic kill in the previous games

nugow will just be boring and bad and a waste of a setting

Were you expecting actual passion?

As somebody who wasn't big on God of War, I feel bad for fans of the series.

Also, if devs insist on slaughtering existing IPs, the least they can fucking do is come out with some interesting new ones.

There were some instances, Ghost of Sparta did when you were walking through Sparta.

ah i didn't play that one

Those are both made-up terms coined by clickbait media. They intentionally use incorrect and make-believe terms to be more relateable to the wider casual audience.

Any linear action game with a sole focus on melee combat is a beat em up.

The game is still good fun but that bit gets annoying on repeat playthroughs.

So he is going to kill all the norse gods now? What is next? Egyptian, Gook or aztec gods?

this is the issue with these walking-exposition moments that are pushed so hard nowadays, they fucking butcher replay value. with a cutscene you can just skip it on subsequent playthroughs but forced walking is just a pain in the ass once you know what's being said already

too obscure for average dudebro, egyptian it is

We wuz hebrews n shit.

watch this game completely do away with puzzles too. sure GOWs puzzles weren't the most complex but some thought was actually put into some of them and did get a few 'ah-ha" moments out of me. or at the very least involved an amusing spin on pushing a box. nuGow probably won't have any secret rooms to find either since that would involve deviating from the walky-talky path the devs want you to follow

I saw a few threads about it a few days ago but didn't give a shit beyond the inconvenience of having to do captchas.

God of War was always Devil may cry lite but still fun. Now they removed combos, launchers, sex mini games, and fun. It's been replaced with last of us shit game play and muh cinematic experience.

Remember when Kratos literally fucked multiple bitches at a time as a bonus xp minigame somewhere in every single installment up until they wanted to make shit more "deep" with Ascension?

I'm sure it'll crash and burn with 90% of every dudebro who loved all that.

remember secret rooms? puzzles? platforming? yeah all that shit is gonna be out the window

GoW1 developers:

nuGoW developers:

Good, God of war was shit.

Wasn't Kratos' big thing his daughter in the originals?

Thor is obviously the kid you are taking care of. I'll put money down that Kratos becomes Odin.

but T'ealc Asgards are our allies

Good thing he looks more like a cuck now.

Yup, but Kratos has a mid-life crisis now, just like the ones developing this piece of shit.

kevin sorbo voices retro hercules in smite too he even yells DISS-AH-POINT-ED
not like its relevant to god of war

he had a wife and daughter whom Ares tricked him into killing, it was a kinda big part of the plot of the first game

its the whole reason his skin is ash white and why hes the ghost of sparta

I know one thing that won't be bad: the soundtrack

underrated post

I'd have rather seen them go with an Ancient Egyptian setting, with a whole new character using whole new weapons, cutting their way through the Egyptian pantheon.

Hell, it's not like ancient Greece and Egypt historically mingled or anything.

God of Death Grips sounds like a better God of War sequel than what we're getting.

Are you claiming that god of war was ever good?

These days, it's wise to expect to worst.

Eh, not sure why that image is knocking the Retron 5. Pretty handy IPS patching machine, and a fuckload cheaper than a fucking Framemeister.

I miss when he wasn't a cuck and just a cynic.

In the demo where he is fighting that giant troll with his wife's son, the troll shouts a phrase I can't understand very well except for the word "Valhalla", which is the warrior heaven in Norse mythos.

Because of skyrim, norse mythology IS a random snowy forest. And nothing else.

What's wrong with Norse mythology? Way cooler than Greek mythology. Norse mythology is where dwarves and elves and shit are all from.
But you are right about all the other points, it will be a garbage game because of those.

It's not knocking it, it's just saying retro hippoes like it.

There's nothing wrong with it inherently, but it's a super tame and predictable choice, and since the prior games were all greco-roman, that makes it even worse since that was the even more tame and predictable mythology.

Litterally anything else would be more interesting then either of them

Or is it because it takes place in Scandinavia, which is made up of mostly that kind of environment?

Like what the other user said, I don't have a problem with the choice of setting, but I do very baffling because how it contradicts with pre-established lore. Nordic myths have a vastly different origin for their world than the Greek mythology. This is a general problem that would not have been eased by any other particular mythology picked.

I think they're just gonna look at Smite's roster, make a checklist and go to town

I always wanted to learn about Aztec mythology but I didn't know where to start? Any tips?

As someone who doesn't know shit about Aztec mythology, let me ask. What were those worse eldritch abominations? What was that magic entropy? This shit sound really interesting

bato.to/comic/_/comics/6000-r2678 probably better starting points but this shit is pretty good

Was God of War ever good? I remember playing the first one, wasn't impressed, and it was a general punching bag for dumb button-mashing hack and slashes. Now it got the Stage 3 'maturing industry,' people act like something is lost. Though to me it just looks like God of War is continuing its normal course downward.

Should we start there?
Now that's something I would like to see.

anything else that is not a comic? like a book?

Heraclese was a bitch though, he suffered basically the same shit as Kratos too, but didn't get told to go kill people. Heracles was a strong demi-god, he killed his wife because he got mad, and he had to atone for it by doing a bunch of god chores, all of which he completed like a champ but still got shit on for because he didn't do it how he was supposed to. That or he didn't actually complete the labor because it was too mind heavy for him. He basically requested absolution and when he was told to go on his journey from hell to heaven like dante he said, "This is really tough, I'm not going to give this my all like I actually care."
If you actually read the original myth and not the dindusny remakes that have come out you'd know that you saw a babified story about a basic hero and not the tale of the most shit on demi-god heracles.
I can accept the plot being that kratos made a new reality by destroying the old gods, meaning he created an entirely new religion by way of destroying one whole reality and letting them start up again. The plot doesn't need to be great, it's god of war. The gameplay needs to be fun, mindless hack and slash gorefest shit, and guess what, it's over the shoulder slow cinematic bullshit. Everyone always gave kojima shit for making his games cinematic, but at least his games were heavy on bullshit plot and paired that with gameplay that actually lasts, this new shit is just a high degree of fuckery from bad devs who are trying to cash in on kratos and avengers fans.
I can't even hate DmC for trying to be a game; it sucked and is probably the worst attempt at making a DMC game since 2, hell, it's worst CURAZEE ever, but this is barely trying anymore.

Honestly, I don't even remembered how I learned this shit. I've just been gradually accumulating info since I was a kid after I saw The Road to El Dorado because I was so enthralled by the setting.

There's really not that many great single resources, sadly. FAMSI (famsi.org/) is really good, but I don't think you'll get much use out of it if you don't already know a good amount. I also here Mesolore is pretty good (mesolore.org/) Wikipedia really isn't all that helpful for learning about specific ditieies, but it's got the general summaries you would expectfor those. However, the page on the conquest of mexico is very detailed in terms of how that went down, but that's obviously less about the culture and mythology and more about actual history.

I hate to suggest it here since i'll get shitposted at for it, but your honest best bet is the AskHistorians subreddit. I know >plebbit, but they have super strict rules on who is able to make posts and them needing to be detailed and well sourced. I've actually learned a lot just by going through their FAQ section for subject and reading posts made by users there, the vast majority of whom are actually verified to know what they are talking about before they are able to post.

You would think that sort of system would be vulnerable to SJW cliques taking over but I haven't seen evidence of that happening.

So, in short:
- FAMSI
- Mesolore
- The Ask Historian FAQ sections (both for native americans in general reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/wiki/nativeamerican and the mesoamerica section: reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/wiki/mesoamerica) as well as their reccomending reading guide.

Also user, I think he replied to your post by mistake or posted the wrong link

Thanks user, you're a cool guy.

maybe they are acient aztec gods sealed in the deep sea?

time to read

Also, shit, forgot to answer 's questions

Just a heads up, this is going to be long

Firstly, to give some context, blood-letting and to a lesser extent human sacrifice is very common throughout the entire reigion, it can be assumed it started as a pratice way in the past, so that when the cultures did branch out and devolp independently, it was still a trait they all shared in their religion, But the Aztecs (Really the mexica, the ethnic group that founded Tenochtitlan, more on that later) were unique in the degree at which human sacrifice was critical to their particular pantheon and religous beliefs.

Some of this is the direct result of what was essentially a particular high Priest, who was the first Montezuma's brother, gaining in political power, re-writing the religion to focus more on it and the pre-arranged battles used to obtain war prisoners for the sacrifices (Flower Wars), and burning all the old religious texts. But even before then it was more prevalent for the Aztecs, since part of what led them to having to settle where they eventually founded Tenochtitlan to begin with was them pissing the king of Culhuacan when they sacrificed his daughter he sent them as a political marriage, which forced them to flee into the lake basin where the city was eventually founded.

With the context out of the way, as for why it was necessary: there's a lot of metaphorical comparisons academics have made to the fact that a lot of Aztec myths have the gods injuring or sacrificing themselves for the good of humans or the creation of the world (which had actually ended 4 times already, according to them), so in a way, the Aztecs sacrificing themselves is sort of repaying a debt, but my understanding of the actual cosmocloigcal mechanics at play is that essentially the gods and reality itself ran on some sort of cosmic energy, and if the gods didn't have a steady supply of this energy, the cosmos itself would shut down and/or the Tzitzimitl (which are the skeleton star futa rattlesnake dick demons I mentioned before) would then be able to eat the sun and end reality for the 5th time.

It's worth noting that the Nahuatl word for "god" is "Teotl", but it doesn't actually translate to diety. It's a more general term reffering to divine/otherwordly concepts in general, and it's also synonymous with the actual cosmic energy force I mentioned. So a lot of it is really abstract and sort of flies over my head.

1/2

cont:
Another site I'll probably get shit for for suggesting, and honestly probably rightfully so, is tvtrope's page on Aztec mythology (just as bad as buzzfeed, why are you even linking to this site? use allthetropes.orain.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Myth/AztecMythology)

There's certainly a lot there that's not 100% accurate, and falls prey to the common trap of assuming that certain renditions of particular myths are the "true" ones, when just like in any other mythology, there were multiple versions of the same mythes, especially in something like Aztec mythology where the empire wasn't completely unified culturally and religiously (The Mexica city state of Tenochtitlan is often called the "captial", but in reality, the empire is simply an alliance of that city state with two others, Texcoco and Tlacopan, and then their collective tributary states and claimed territory, all with different subethenic groups), but as a general tl;dr crash course of the mythology, it's a pretty good summary for the amount of info it collects in one place even though it has generalizations.

Essentially, most religion in mesoamerica was related to each other the same way greek and roman mythology and their related religions/predecessors are, and if you spread out most religion throughout the continent is sort of it's own, alternate reality version of Proto-Indo-European religion. Not in that the mythologies are similar, but in that it's analogous in how it later developed and branched out, same goes for general architectural and culture styles. If you think about it, it's sort of obvious, but it can take a while to actually really think about what it means to be on an isolated landmass: The entire americas was developing parrlele to europe/asia/africa in all regards.

I wish I knew more and enough to make actual examples or show the progression of the religons/languages/architecture across the geography and time the same way those sorts of maps exist for eurasia, but I don't, and a lot of it still just isn't known yet. On one hand, a lot of history was destroyed by the conquest or even by the natives themselves, but on the other, there's an insane amount of urban centers just buried underground in mexico, guatamala, and so on that can still be found and explored… it's just a lot of that land is occupied now with actual in use buildings above it. Downtown mexico city is LITTERALLY right above where Tenochtitlan was, for instance. The spainish actually intentionally built churches over sites that used to house native religious centers, but those churches are now protected historical sites in their own right by now, which means we';ll likely never be able to dig up what's under them.

The great Pyramid of Choula in and are an extreme example of that, though the Cholula site predates the aztecs and was already in ruins by the time they came along, but they still occupied it as a urban and religious center.

2/2

Anyways, i'm heading to bed, but if the thread is still up when I wake up and people have more questions i'll answer then

I how that good things happen to you. This was an interesting read. Thank you.

Also, fuck the automatic url filter, if I linked a site, I linked it for a fucking reason.

If it's filtered, it's filtered for a fucking reason :^)

But then it wouldn't sell as well. I can guarantee you the entire reason they put Kratos in this and called it GoW is because they didn't think it would do well on its own without being part of an established franchise.

Tipping my fedora to you

Is Nu-*blank* the new go to phrase for hating a game for no good reason?

Whens the last time a sequel was good?
Never thats when.

God of War 2 was better than God of War 1, for one.

Half life 2 was better then the first
Msg 3 is still the best of the series
Tekken 3 is better then 1/2
Fear 2 is better then the third but slightly worst then the first in some areas

You don't know what the fuck are you talking about kid

there was that time thor got fucked in the ass while wearing a dress.

I remember that, they sacrificed her because it was a great honor and shit, of course the parents were pissed about it, no wonder no body liked the aztecs.

it's almost as if the movie industry hasn't put a single good thing out in years just like the video game industry

kek egyptian history is unprofitable as fuck. just look at that gods of egypt movie that tanked.
Ill only be ok with it if Kek is the protag

Like what? Slavic mythology? That could have been interesting and something no other games have done yet than Witcher (I think).
Or Celtic or Anglo mythology, could have been interesting. Though it is weird that Kratos, a Greek man has moved that far north, why not just reboot the series with a new main character who is native to those regions.

But that's the opposite of what he looks like now. He's got very round and soft facial features now. In the original games he looked more Nordic than Greek with his sharp jaw and cheeks.

That would be a nightmare because everyone on the left would flip out unless all the characters were Kangs.

I don't get it? You don't gain immense satisfaction from the collective butthurt of the left? Don't you want to get off?

It tanked because it looked like SyFy tier B-movie trash, not because egyptian stuff is unprofitable

I don't get this attitude. Even if someone didn't like GoW, it almost certainly would have been better for everyone if they simply improved on the existing formula and made a great action game rather than scrap everything and make another blockbuster cinematic experience instead. Plus seeing an action series go down that route is worrying given how rare they seem to be if they aren't these cinematic third-person rollercoasters or first/third-person shooters.

or just make a news series entirely.

There's a ton of good suggestions in the thread. Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Mesoamerican (I gave a fuck ton of good reasons why for that, see , , , and ), etc

I personally would've liked Mesopatamian since you don't really see it that often in the media. Those half-horse half-man beings could look fucking cool if adapted into a videogame.

I was fine with it until it had that horrible over-the-shoulder camera view. The melee looks extremely shitty and borderline tacked on.

I bet you could get a license to make a Stargate video game for fucking cheap from MGM these days. The only thing you have to worry about is overcoming the Stargate curse.

I found it to be lacking compared to previous games. Instead of fairly distinct weapons with specific uses you just got three chain weapons and a fist weapon with bonus chains.

I thought you fags love dark souls?

In GoW most battles used to be against mobs, ask DaS players if they love mobs

I don't see any mobs in the gameplay trailer. Catacombs in DS has way more mobs than this.

It's not their fault 90% of white bois sound like preteen bitches.

Souls games aren't over the shoulder you faggot. That phrase means shit like Gears of War, Uncharted, Dead Space, etc.

Bitch if Deep Down was actually a game that was going to be released and you said Deep Downers or something you might have had a point

Oh yeah, Souls is over the head. They should've gone with over the head instead of over the shoulder, it gives more spatial awareness. Still, anything is better than shitty DMC cinematic camera though.

The ancient pagans acknowledged the existence of gods other than the ones they worshipped.

Why does this meme keep popping up? They never explain why a particular game is shit. They don't give any specific reasons. How can we know it's shit if you don't explain why it's shit?

I can think of several reasons why God of War isn't shit (Or at least it didn't use to be shit until now.)

The only claim why it's shit is because, to finish off a boss, you enter a QTE mode. Many on Holla Forums neglect the fact that the game is pretty damn difficult on the hardest difficulty (God or Titan) and requires you to get good at blocking, and saving up magic. Personally I don't see why QTE's are do bad if they are doing something specific, i.e. pulling out a cyclops' eye. How do you do that without some cutscene/ QTE?

also, most people on /Holla Forums are huge hypocrites, because the rules don't apply to Kojima games for some reason. MGS4 is worse than GoW in every single aspect.

Edgy poorly written hack and slash with no depth and full of quicktime events that rapes Greek mythology up the ass.
Also, they made Typhon a fucking Titan of the Wind, a testament to how bland both the devs and the games they made/make are.

Boring generic Americanized garbage for tasteless normalfags.

edgy isn't a bad thing honey

I've never played MGS4 in my life and I highly doubt it.

No shit retard.

Not when done poorly

And are we having a cuckchan flood?
Lots of fags defending this garbage.
Theres even a fag saying that Half Life 2 is better than the the original.

ninja gaiden was actually good and it got ruined a long time ago so fuck everything burn the goddamn world down

Is Bui is still spamming the board?

I would, but nearly the entire games industry outside japan is far left progressive so the developers would get an endless amount of hate.

Even making a European based game isnt free from it.

I really need to buy the Witcher 3, especially since I'm ethnically polish, but I'm just not into that sort of game

Remember that once we finally defeat the pathetic prudes and feminazis once and for all, we'll have this kind of easter egg in our games.

I still think at least the first game was good. The sequel was when everything went to shit for the reasons you're talking about. It's obvious they never fully planned on making it a series and it shows with how stale and formulaic everything since is along with making Greek mythology as cynically shit as possible to the point you don't even care Kratos is killing or saving anyone.

Let's ignore the fact that GoW was as shallow as a plate and mediocre at best.
What is the fucking logic behind taking a very action focused franchise known for its brutal gameplay and OW THE EDGE tier protagonist into a cinematic plot driven experience with neutered "gameplay"?

This never made sense and still doesn't. Except with Mountain Dew.

I'll say it again, gameplay doesn't sell games to people who don't play them

And it's clearly a pathetic attempt to force "muh cinematic experience" bullshit that gets torn into endlessly.

THIS. lots of normalfags, reddi tier fags idolize cinematic experiences and narrative driven games. lot of em even say story>gameplay. apparently video games are just like any of the other entertainment options like movies and books so they should be like those despite being VIDEO GAMES. shit is infuriating

This always was an ad. Toriyama-san is just a very subtle man.

Such is the nature of video games nowadays. Investors are old farts who know nothing about video games (Imagine trying to explain to your parents the intricacies and differences between, say, two fighting games or what makes DMC3 such a god tier action game over the others. That's what a dev would have to go through to pitch their games, so it's easier to convey their ideas in a way that the investors can easily understand and get hyped up about, which means making movies).
Video game "journalists" want their buddies to stop mocking them for writing about toys and want to be respected like film critics, so they push the games-as-art angle.
We also have writers that have/would have been utterly crushed and considered hacks in any other more mature field, be it literature or cinema, so they flock over to games.
Finally, this attracted people that simply have no skill at all when it comes to games, but want to experience the hyped up experiences all the same.

This rendition of GoW must be what happens when the investors see an episode of Vikings and get excited.

The funniest part is that these same people that WOULD buy your game if it was a movie will just watch someone stream it now and they're done.

I expect to see a lot more AAA walking sim flops in the future.

All you can do is help spread the word about why this shit is exactly shit and help kill any profits those cunts think they can make off their retardation.

It's been here for a while senpai

it mostly refers to the new games from 2012 and up due to the rising of nu male cucks who have been popping in the game industry as well as playing these types of games and glorifying them as pinnacles of gaming due to their story and graphics. of course none of those games have any good gameplay or its extremely simple and dull

Funny thing is, you don't even particularly need to spread the word. The people that push for this kind of game actually don't play vidya.

Yes.

Don't be like this. Play a game that looks promising.