What do you call it when someones hates something just because it's popular...

What do you call it when someones hates something just because it's popular, so they claim it's actually really bad and everyone is dumb but them?

It's called good taste. Popular games are always shit

Holla Forums

2/3 post get dubs, why not make it 3/4?

It's called hipsterism.

hateboyism

>>>Holla Forums

That's someone's fetish, isn't it?

Very few people will hate a game JUST because it's popular. In general they will have an aspect of the game they feel is not good and will voice that opinion.

Some of the best games in history are flawed and can be enjoyed regardless of these flaws, and people who don't like them because of these flaws can respectfully disagree. This is only ever really an issue with new games though, where defense of it is rabid and support can reach fanatic levels.

I think Dark Souls is the best example. Detractors were just shouted down with get good, but today even its biggest fans will accept that parts of the game are shit.

Though I'm certain some people just dislike games because they are popular. Like Overwatch. Because fuck Overwatch.

contrarianism

You're a faggot, OP.

Dubs of truth.

It's called dubs thread

Fuck off, nigger.

Sour grapes.

No, it's this

And it DEFINITELY is my fetish

Holla Forums - Videogames

That said, whyd you link this reupload and not the original?

I don't know, but right now you're being a faggot.

i call it "being the OP"

came here to post this

What do you call the exact opposite? People who only play/do what is popular

Normalfaggotry.

retard?
normalfag?
sheeple?
good goy?

What do you call it when someone likes something just because it's popular, so they claim it's actually really good and everyone is smart for liking it?

That's just what plebs say when they get told how bad their taste is.

Appealing to the majority demographic requires dumbing things down to appeal to them. To achieve this you cater to the lowest common denominator this is basic marketing 101 here user, as a result the product (video games in this case) is simple and straightforward at the cost of complexity and depth. Years of consuming these simple products will eventually and inevitably cause you to lose interest once it becomes apparent that it's all the same thing all the time so you won't buy into it anymore and demand and desire more depth and complexity with new products. However unless you are part of a larger demographic with that same demand producers of whatever product you like will instead ignore you and maximize profit for those who are not yet jaded from overexposure and then throw them under the bus when they out grow that demographic.

I'm not even going into how certain genres of video games are entirely niche and have always been niche, and appealing to them is not worth the effort since the demands of the lowest common denominator and the niche audience is generally irreconcilable. In those cases OP's opinion a shit and is a faggot for thinking that a niche product survives the transition from small yet strong loyal fans to a large mass of fans.

it's called being a hipster

I can understand hating something because its marketing to the masses, like, preemptively (As a red flag, pre release), but just because something is popular?

Fuck, most popular games are not, strictly speaking, bad. They're mediocre to meh. To me, for something to be bad, it has to be worse than nothing. A game that actively wastes your time. LIke, say, Omikron.

Whenever the bots leave, the fucking shills come in. An endless torrent of shit comes to wash away the integrity of this board.

Fuck off, shill.

Contrarian or Hipster.

The latter is preferred because it paints a better picture of the kind of faggots they are being.

What the fuck am I even shilling for?

Having shit taste for one.

Mediocrity is what people are referring to when a game is considered bad, it's not even a quality you want when you're developing a game either. If you play games regularly it's not stimulating enough to keep playing those sorts of games youll forget it as soon as you finished it and otherwise probably won't even have fun anymore from playing those types of games. For the producers and dev teams mediocrity is terrible because nobody will remember it, it's marketability for merchandise and future games plummets.

Hold on, I gotta ask: what is the point of this post?

When you tell me to fuck off and call me a nigger, do you believe that by posting so I will leave this thread? Unless you were physically threatening me or had some kind of blackmail, it could work, but I have no reason to leave this thread or to take your advice. You could have tried to convince me to leave this thread alone with arguments, which is something I'd personally do is someone was acting disruptive the entire time. However, I do not understand your post. You must've certainly known that I wouldn't "fuck off" just because one post told me to (as neither would you if I told you to same) and you have very little reason in this thread to believe I am a nigger (maybe I am, maybe I'm not, maybe I'm worse, how could you know?), yet you went ahead and posted a post with no visible purpose.

You typed out that post all the way and clicked the New Reply button, so obviously there must've been SOME reason why you would post it. I seriously doubt you posted it because you wanted to shitpost or to get a rise out of me, because such a post is unlikely to get anyone mad. I could print your post out, show it to a baby, and the baby wouldn't respond any different to your post at all. Your post is practically a non-post, a post with no apparent purpose, a post which would usually only get replied to by other non-posts, a post which only takes up space and has next to no apparent value in it. Why would someone post a post which is incredibly likely to get completely ignored by almost everyone? It is completely illogical to me and I cannot understand why you would post something as meaningless as your post.

I couldn't bring myself to post something as banal as just hoping a guy leaves the thread, what's the point to that? It wouldn't change anything, and almost nobody would stop at your post and look at it. When I type up my posts, I try to put some effort into it so people will actually bother to read it and remember it. I mean, isn't that the point of life? To do something, to leave something behind, to have people remember you? Who would live a life where everyone immediately forgets about you, be it online or in real life? When your parents would immediately forget about you after your death, how would you feel? When you type out dozen and dozens of quality posts only for them to be lost in the void of the internet and remembered by no one, how would you feel? If someone were just to be instantly forgotten, why would you live? Why would you post? Us humans live our lives and post on the internet because we expect someone to react to us.

Then why would you do something that contributes nothing and will be forgotten by everyone? Why would you waste precious energy doing a pointless action when you could have used said action to do something productive? Don't you think you could have contributed to the quality of the board by spending the time you wrote on your post by writing another quality post? But more importantly, why would you post something like that? You could have rewritten the same post with the same message, but into something more amusing or convincing. Yet you did neither. So I can only ask: why?

sage for off-topic

FUKEN SAVED!
If only we had the wombo combo too.

Contrarianism.
It's as bankrupt of substance as the inverse, pretending to like a game because it's popular.
For example: Undertale, which has both.

liberalism

non-conformists

There's your problem.

I lived to see this place become as masturbatory as Reddit. I think I'm going to stop browsing internet forums for good.

oh heavens, thats nothing special. but Holla Forums is hardly represented by a handful of loudmouths

The thing is, the loudmouths shape the general behavior, just like holier-than-thou retards on Reddit shame everyone into acting a faggot, and SJW's on Tumblr force artists into censoring their art and speech.

Online, loud minority can't get socked in the mouth.

You should read the columbine journals my dude, they had a self inflated ego too. Let's just be clear, people are not gods just because of their eccentric taste, or because they think they know so much more than everyone else.

As far as I can tell it's a way of coping with the constant bullying and stigma they received, and honestly what I saw in the journal correlated with some of the shit I see on here too, and even in the late 90s – almost 20 years ago – young adolescents were encountering the same problems back then as they are now.

Everyone has a weakness.
Everyone has a problem.
Nobody is perfect..
I wanted to start a thread about it but I think even the mods would have taken it down.

leave already