Dark Souls PVP

anybody here up for some Dark Souls 1 pvp?
booted it up to find watchdog saying there's 0 nodes in at least every pvp area.

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Lucatiel Mask
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Steel Soldier Helm
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Pharis's Hat
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Nameless Knight Helm
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Executioner Armor
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Knight Armor
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Iron Bracelets
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Pyromancer Wrap
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Executioner Leggings
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Lothric Knight Leggings
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Dancer's Leggings
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Sunset Shield
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Stone Parma
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Eastern Iron Shield
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Llewellyn Shield
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Greatlance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You need to set your download area to Lan Event in order to connect with anyone still playing. Fuck blues, fuck whites, fuck yellows.

well I just connected to 5 nodes in burg so I guess some people hopped on

Blues are scum of the earth and deserve to be hanged. Especially in DaS3.
Black crystalling out after a blue is summoned by concord is a true pleasure though. Knowing that their excitement at finally being summoned for a chance of getting a proof of concord kept only to be returned to their world without one upon my voluntary departure fills me with such ecstasy that I could almost masturbate.

They should be deprived of concords as often as possible.

You can just get concords from the silver knights at anor londo

I'm aware. I assume the blues that insist on leveling the playing field for the host by turning an unfair 3v1 into a fair 4v1 are either unaware or find the prospect of farming beneath them.
That or they like the idea of coming to the rescue and killing those mean red and purple bullies. In either case black crystalling deprives them of the fight they so desperately and patiently wait for.

Gank squads are annoying as fuck and rampant in 3 because the netcode favours it (fuck you miya), but there are good countermeasures such as WoG or barker bomb bait since they'll almost always attack all at once and be aggressive as shit.

for gay roleplay, Blues are good goys.
for pvp, they shit over everything

I just realized I have 1057 items in my dark souls images folder

If you PVP in souls games you're literally a subhuman.

Miya himself doesn't give a single shit about you and makes sure to make PVP as shit as possible in the games he's involved with.

Duelfags are subhuman. There is nothing more satisfying than kicking down someone's door and ripping their beating heart from their chest while they timidly hide behind their starter or guide recommended shield.

It's the greatest feeling possible.

What's the fucking point any more, may as well just grind the fucking basic mobs

go back to fucking reddit, all of you

Make us, bitchboi

fuck off

OP use dark souls connectivity manager. It's the only real way to get connections now. People are always on in township.

Wow you sure told him

I love covenant images
Sunbros for life

I have not played this in a while. The only places really fun to pvp are sen's fortress, Anor Londo, and Ariamis.

Darkmoons did nothing wrong. Except for being an exact copy of Sentinels and completely worthless to join in 3.

not even once

i want to sug and fug gywndolin

We all do

I don't

I love area covenants but they always get fucked somehow.

That's because they try to corral the pvp instead of either allowing the players to choose where they invade, or designing areas that are fun to invade.

We'll that just means you're gay then.

my butt virginity is precious
that trap doesn't deserve it

The first couple weeks of DaS2's release was an incredible time for being a bell guardian. Silvercat ring and Old Whip +5 made for some exquisite invasions in Luna. Such a shame that it died off so quickly.

I played the shit out of DaS1 around the PC release, then lost interest until now. I've been replaying it for the last few days and having a good time bumming around with a Claymore which is objectively the best sword.

After I'm done with it, would it be worth playing 2 and 3? I heard 2 was pretty bad in comparison to 1 and they fucked up poise and various other mechanics. Not heard anything about 3.

DaS2 is only good for the PvP, since it has a lot of viable builds and potential for dumb, fun wacky builds. Not sure if the PvP scene is still alive and well or not.
DaS3 has an enjoyable enough PvE solo experience. However they fucked poise even harder than 2 did, and the PvP is fundamentally horrendous dogshit between nopoise, split damage being totally unusable, infused weapons being unbuffable, casters being shit out of luck with spells doing piss for damage unless you level fth/int to 60 and even then you need 3 of 4 ring slots to have a hope of standing a chance. Basically at meta levels quality is just about the only truly viable build option.
Still, it has an arguably more enjoyable PvE than 1, so it's worth pirating. You'd really just be saving yourself from having to witness the annihilation of invasions by foregoing multiplayer altogether.

DaS2 is fine, I had lots of fun with it even though so-called purists shit themselves if anything is slightly different from 1. The only objectively shit parts of it are the Soul Memory system (not matchmade via soul level, but how many souls you've collected total even if they were lost) and the durability bug (durability tied to framerate, so high framerate + hit a corpse = damaged weapon).

3 is the most consistently good one, there's no "oh goddamnit this section" areas, more viable weapons than 1 but less than 2, stroll while drinking/using items, stamina and health are plentiful. 3's story is mostly grown from 1 with a little of 2 sprinkled in. Poise ONLY exists when swinging weapons, for whatever fucking stupid reason. I'm not talking just super armor, I mean poise only exists when swinging weapons and it degrades the more you're hit.

Why did they make all these arbitrary changes? Poise was fine as it was in 1, it only became broken at ridiculously high levels where you found shit like flipping Havelmoms.

Based on this I might just stick to 1 for the forseeable future, I never dug very far into Faith or Sorcery so I still have a lot of replay value left in it.

I wish I knew. Honestly the only real problem DaS1 poise had was that it could turn things into a retarded game of ring around the rosey trying to get a backstab since you could just poise through any attacks if you wore fat enough armor. But the thing is that
THAT WOULDNT BE A PROBLEM IN DAS3 SINCE YOU CAN FUCKING ROLL OUT OF BACKSTABS
Duelfags and metascrubs will defend the current poise system to the death though. It is truly pathetic.

Anyone defends the new poise system? I thought that was the one universally loathed thing about DaS3.

Semi-blue fag here, I often just turn on bluescum while I'm farming the silver knights and get summoned once every millennia, and when I am summoned I usually let the host and the invader duke it out while I stand by for my concord. I just want my ring of double spells, I don't want to spend two years farming for a role play. I've started to just not care about that ring recently because it's really barely worth it almost, since it takes forever to even get in the first place and only gives me an extra ring slot basically. I'd trade around for it but I'm also not a scummy faggot.

lel
I used a shield once, and that was for a roleplay where a brave paladin would cling dearly to a holy shield that reminded him of home.
He also clung to a hammer that reminded him how fucking the strong he was.
Das 1 is greatshield of artorias, sanctus, or go the fuck home

I've started gitting gud and you can learn to too
Although I understand that you're there to have fun and probably won't have fun using a weapon you're told to use, so with whatever weapon you use, just be sure to work on the strengths and make up for the weaknesses of your weapon via maneuvering. Shield should also be a sword art shield, parrying is for faggots, I wish the L1 of FGS wasn't a knife parry, or at least also did the swipe the boss does in the fight.

literally plebeian, if you couldn't deal with the invader by the same means as your dueling then you're just as bad as the kid flinging shit around for a laugh.

It's only bad if you don't wait for a second bro to come in, since it doesn't matter how many phantoms there are, you will summon a second one after a minute or so, and you get invasions every second so it's not like there's much downtime or risk since you also lose nothing to faggot gankers. Reds have it tough, they have to go searching for their souls when they die and can't be certain a second red will aid them.

I don't know about poise, but the faggots saying git gud for dark 3 are usually assholes who think it's fun to only use meta-approved weapons and playing for fun is for babies. To be fair to the dark 1 faggots, at least they let you play however you do, they just shit on you if you're bad at playing what you like.

wew

nice reddit meme

nice sage for the thread you dislike
Oh wait, you're actually from reddit so you don't know what a sage is, faggot.

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Lucatiel Mask
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Steel Soldier Helm
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Pharis's Hat
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Nameless Knight Helm
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Executioner Armor
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Knight Armor
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Iron Bracelets
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Pyromancer Wrap
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Executioner Leggings
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Lothric Knight Leggings
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Dancer's Leggings
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Sunset Shield
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Stone Parma
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Eastern Iron Shield
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Llewellyn Shield
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Greatlance
There you go.
On my searches and going back and forth I also realized that the sunset armor set is basically just a bandaged up don quixote set

It's not really that. A lot of the time they're already farming with rusty coins, crystal sage rapier, gold serpent ring and symbol of avarice and still only getting one concord an hour farming silver knights. It's an abysmal drop system.

The last Concord I got I was summoned in Archdragon peak and the host waved, pointed to an invader who also waved and bowed. And I fought him one on one for it.

Best fight ever really. Made that concord worth it. Though I get that invaders are so outmatched it's not even funny. There should be more options to invade 1vs1

I think Darkmoons were originally supposed to be like in previous games where you invade the sinner's world but got ditched at some point in developement and just merged with the sentinels.

I haven't played DaS3 after they patched how the poise works but on paper it sounds the best out of all games.

They should have made it so that invaders from any covenant will immediately acquire sin just for a successful invasion i.e. you use the red orb and successfully connect to some gang squad host, you get some sin. Then, for each successful kill, either phantoms or hosts, you get a larger amount of sin. Obviously hosts would be worth more. The greater your sin, the more likely you will be invaded by Darkmoon Blade, who invade the invaders like in DaS1. Conversely, the greater your sin, the more strength your character acquires during invasions, meaning you'll be on level ground with gankers. This "sin strength" multiplier would only be applicable in the event that you invade a gank squad. If you invade a host who is by himself, no strength bonus is applied, but the moment he summons any new phantoms, they will automatically suffer a nerf to their overall character. The only caveat would be if you invaded a host and he summoned a Darkmoon Blade. They would not suffer the debuff, but they'd be on a timer to kill you. If they don't kill you within the allotted time, game over, back to your world. This would be to prevent asshats from trying to work with their Darkmoon Blade friends to gain an advantage over invaders.
No, because the amount of sin you'd get just for invading would cap off at some point. The sin you get for invading would be a pittance, just enough to ensure that Darkmoon Blades would have a constant pool of people to invade.

I think this could somewhat remedy DaSIII's balancing problems

In addition, if you as an invader got killed by another player during an invasion, you'd lose some sin, and the player that killed you would acquire an ember/covenant item/extra souls/something as a reward for "punishing the guilty". This bonus will be multiplied for Darkmoon Blades. Furthermore, the strength buff would be tiered, meaning there would be different phases of strength that you'd acquire from sin, and the application would be determined by how many people you invade.
Maybe not these exact numbers, but this is just an example. Also, I am talking about an overall buff for your character, something like the Power Within Pyromancy minus the health draining effect. I am not talking about a buff to your strength stat.
Also, these modifiers would not apply to the red soapstone, only to invasions
I suppose they could. However, if the host summons from a red sign while he has one or more friendlies, he and his party will automatically suffer a debuff.

Most blues I met in DaS3 were cooperative with PvP etiquette.

Everyone is playing Bloodborne

Bitch it's kill or be killed

Keep shilling your no games console, I might think about getting a PS4 if they keep Death Stranding console exclusive along with BB, but there needs to be at least 10 games worth my buying a console solely for.

Pretty good idea.

Depends on the setting and the other players, really. Both are fun.

Are they really? Last I heard the multiplayer died like 6 months in since there just wasn't enough build variety for it to be fun. Did DaS3 cause a resurgence or something? I know a group of really vocal autists said they were going back to DaS2 for PvP, but no idea how that went because I played through it for the first time a few months back and got invaded like 3 times in total not counting bellkeepers.

Autism.

Will be interesting to see if all the people who buy a PS4 for Nioh will end up filing through Bloodborne as well. Because they might as well, right?

Confirmed kojidrone. Yup, it's definitely autism.

Bloodborne build variety is weak but where it really shines is the weapons and their expansive movesets and combo possibilities, and that makes the PvP pretty fun. Every trick weapon has two modes with different movesets (that are very different for some weapons, like the Kirkhammer) and combos, and if you press the trick/switch button during a combo there's two special attacks where it switches from one form to the other. Plus the combat is built to be very fast so there's lots of other moves after a roll or whatever, but DS has that too.

The aim of the game is to kill the person who is invading or who you are invading, you're even rewarded for that, what else would you do in PVP? I'm not saying do anything and everything to win, but if you're not looking to end your opponent, then you're basically a faggot with no drive.

It depends on the covenants involved. I don't expect any sort of a fair duel from an invading red, because he's just here for my souls. A purple phantom should be crazy and unpredictable. Some of my best PvP experiences have come from good purples with other covenants involved.

So… I've been interested in Bloodborne lately because it has two of my many favourite things: werewolves that aren't furry faggots and real lovecraftian horror that isn't just internet shit. What is your honest opinion about the game?

I just feel interesting a game where I can be a werewolf fighting alien gods bringing madness with their tainted blood.

c-c-can you please upload it somewhere I can download it, p-please user?

If you like Dark Souls and you like the Bloodborne setting, then you'll love the game. It's really fucking good, I was just playing it earlier today.

The only thing I dislike about Souls games is that it looks like you have just lost time farming soul points or whatever the very exact momment you die, but yeah the setting looks great.

now this is autism.

Well it uses pretty much the exact same death mechanics as Dark Souls. The only difference really is that usually whatever enemy killed you will absorb your souls/echoes and you'll have to kill them to get your blood echoes back. You'll know if this happened because they'll have brightly glowing eyes.

It's easily the best among the "Souls" games. It's not CUHRAYZEE but it's definitely a lot faster, which is nice. If you like the setting you'll love the game. 10/10 OST to boot.
You can get your hands on a PS4 for ~$200 now, so if you know there will be other games you'll want to play on it in the future (like Nioh for example) you might as well give yourself a Christmas gift. Unless you're in no rush to play BB in which case obviously just wait for more games to actually be out and further price reduction.

You only really lose souls if you die twice. Bloodborne might be different since enemies can take what you "dropped" in the bloodstain, I haven't actually played it.

Why can't from do anything right why make things so unfair for the invader it just kills invading outside of fightclubs and breaks the other 2 covenants centered on combating invaders.

And why the fuck do we need the blue sentinals and the darkmoon knights? All that does is have two groups competing for the same spot. This is asinine.

Well, I'm not sure, mostly because I'm done with consoles and was waiting to get more games for computer like the new WWE and make my autistic wrestling league.

If I buy a PS4 I sure would buy that game, I just wish more games had that ambience.

If you're done with consoles, then try to find a friend or family member that owns a PS4 that's willing to let you borrow it. You can get The Old Hunters edition of BB for just $20 new, and can give it to them upon returning the console as a thank you.

Even despite ganksquads invading is still fun. Blues honestly really make me angry though, 90% of them are retards who rush me as soon as they're summoned, getting obliterated by either a hornet parry or forgetting that the area mobs still hurt them. Either that or they're some meta-memeshitter with carthus rouge'd warden twinblades, Follower's sabre, or some other gay shit who stick to the host like glue. It gives me great pleasure to throw dung pies at them when the host inevitably dies.

Just yesterday i turned a four man squad of chinks from Taiwan into a bunch of pussies by hit and running several of their phantoms into the ground. They ended up hiding from me in that hole near the corvians in the Grand Archives and popping a seed.

Joke's on them, though, I just led all the corvians into them and they counterganked the shitter host. I invaded the same bunch of faggots later on, and the host killed himself rather than have to deal with me again. They got so mad about it that they tried to crack my Goybook password. I wish i had recorded it.

LONG LIVE THE LONDOR TEMPLAR.

/Blogpost.

Well done. I can't fucking stand hosts that use the seed and then just hide by the bonfire and endlessly summon phantoms, no matter how many you put down. Fucking cowards.

Well, I have a brother. I'll have to ask him.

Also I heard it has very depressing quests.

They wanted to make the game more accessible. I really think they fucking hate pvp with a passion but can't remove it without a huge shitfit being thrown because it's a fun thing to do in 1 despite being mostly a poise stack, the only reason anyone even touches the piece of shit that is 2, and the meta spam bland garbage that is 3.

Seeds are cancer and whoever put them in the game should be quartered by hand by the rest of the design team of From.

There's one quest early in the game, with a little girl that's a bummer. It's not a very cheerful game.

(checked)
Seeds are the worst but nothing pisses me off like a host who runs away and disconnects after you kill his ganksquad.

That was the one I mentioned. I guess there is no way to make it end well besides not starting it?

As far as I know, yeah. No matter what you do she'll die, but ignoring her isn't much better considering both her parents are dead.

I get that impression too. Not sure if that crafty nip bastard said anything about it in an interview or not, but I do remember Miyazaki saying that BB's PvP wasn't going to have nearly the same attention it got in DaS games, so it could be indicative that they dont really like making PvP. Still, I'd much rather have had BB style minimal PvP than the total concession to duelfags and absolutely uncanny stacking against invaders that is DaS3.

I think what would have worked best was having better working area defense covenants seriously, Watchdogs only works if the person touches the water in the upper Farron Swamp, and including the fucking arena in the base game. That and not making invading outside the community designated pvp zone a 3v1 at all times.

Fight clubs were so cool. The impromptu nature was the best part. Chilling on the side gesturing and mucking around while waiting for my turn. I used to dress up as a slave farmer and attack patches of grass with a pitchfork then drop vegetation based items for people while I was waiting.
Having people watch me fight was also really great. Winning a really close fight and then people clapping. Or almost losing a four round streak and watching people prostrate.

Fight clubs are just so damn fun.

It's like they don't have ENOUGH advantages. On top of having up to three helping phantoms (Not even really counteracted by there being two invaders, they can hurt each other accidentally) they need all the enemies in the level on their side, too?

I seem to get a lot of hosts doing that recently. Plus a lot of them disconning just as I strike the last blow. They just freeze in place, with no HP. Eventually i get a "Disconnected from the host" message. it might just be poor connections.

It doesn't end well regardless, she just won't figure out what went wrong until daybreak.

Incidentally, here's my current build. I switch between the Gotthards (Are these still cancer, if you don't abuse the rolling L1?), Astora GS, and Winged Spear depending on what seems fun. Any suggestions as to fun builds? I'm thinking of making PAUL BLART, MALL COP next.

If you aren't doing duels, doing coop, or doing gank squads you're playing the game wrong. When I still played 3, I used the Followers Saber, but that's because I liked the aesthetics of the weapon rather than the fact that it was OP since I mainly used greatswords prior to switching.

If you're invading, there's no such thing as cancer. Use and abuse everything humanly possible to even the odds.

What does a Paul Blart build entail?

PvE>PvP Covenants
If we had more covenants based on the singleplayer experience we would have had a truly great game The PvP should have just been made more simple with a few covenants devoted to it. And instead the PvE covenants can focus on world building and acquiring perks from joining certain covenants I'm willing to bet nobody here will agree with me

Ideally it'd be a Bluecop, but there's no telling how long it'd take to get some summons going. Plus the obvious problem of being a blue. Other than that, it'd just be wearing the Winged Knight set (Barring the helm) and smacking people with a club, and blasting them with an offhand lightning crossbow. I havent thought much more on it as of the moment. Suggestions are welcome.

I actually agree. I can't stomach 2 because of the animations and general color pallet, but the fact that there was a pve oriented covenant was really neat.

It was the animations for me that hurt it. Both for you, and the enemies. They didnt really have the same feel as 1 and 3, the PVE was honestly pretty lacklustre, too.

(Also pyromancy felt awful, which is a shame as it's the best feeling magic in either one or three)

Dark Souls 3 should have had a covenant where you play as the normal abyss watcher with your goal being to kill the red eye'd watcher as many times as possible.

I agree with you 100%. PvE is much more enjoyable when it's well cultivated. It's part of the reason why I love Bloodborne the most despite its somewhat subpar PvP.

Sounds like one of my build ideas. I wanted to be a Winged Hussar, using the Winged Knight set and a greatlance, ideally a blue also for thematic reasons (which I wouldnt feel too bad for since I'd just use the running R1 over and over which is easy as shit to dodge).

Wew I'm an idiot. I meant charged R2.

I don't even know what this build would be, explain.
My current build is based on the story of the fucking strongest crusader ever, Samson, who killed a bunch of people with a donkey jawbone and beat the fuck out of a lion because he asked god if he could.
Weapons remain the same, but I go through phases of what I wear; tonight I'm doing round top crusader I guess.
I like the gotthard twin blades because it's the best looking straight sword in my opinion, even if it's a bit nerfy, the reach is outstanding though. I miss silver knight straight sword. It's only cancer if you use the twinsword mode, because using a sword in both hands is fucking retarded and looks dumb.

I'd like PVP covenants with rewards that can also be acquired in PVE. I'd also like more area based covenant auto invasions and shit that lets me have a real colosseum experience; I want to be put in an arena, and every minute I want a new guy to come into the ring to try and kill me, no down time, just fight till you die, get a score and free shit based on how long you lasted and continue fighting other people who become their own colosseum kings.

I'm glad they didn't keep them for 3.

Forgot pic

Dark Souls 2 is the most casual Souls game which is probably why it's so much fun.

Is it possible From is simply not interested in PVP anymore and just tacks it on halfassed?

I just use that ring to counter my slave chain
wot

You just answered your won question their boopsie.

The RoSP is less effective in PVP, giving a mere fraction of the defence it is meant to.

PCR means Prisoner's Chain. It's far more economical to use it at lower levels than higher ones, particularly if it gives you more than a 10% HP boost relative to your Base HP.

it sure is, but when 28 becomes 33 and RoF doesn't quite get up to the same rate with 1364 hp vs 1441, I'm inclined to use the more effective ring. It's not a lot of hp, but on top of that, with my current vit it really helps me out so I can wear whatever I want with my hammer and S&B

It noyl really counteracts the chain ring (PCR) in PvE. For whatever mysterious reason, shit like steel protection, sacred oath, etc. are nerfed to the point of uselessness in PvP.
PCR is only good for low levels when the payoff (~+150-200 HP, plus the flat damage reduction boost from 15 extra levels more or less counteracts the dip in absorption) is extremely high. At high levels it's nothing but gimping yourself. Swap it out for ring of favor +2 would be your best bet.
What are you using the faith for?

Well, after everyone shat on the work they did making dark souls 2 incredibly balanced, I suppose I'd become apathetic too

I'd argue they became apathetic because they didn't want to make a sequel and were more or less forced to because Bamco wanted money and the first game sold extremely well.

Had they retained the animation system from 1 then I'd have liked DS2 way, way more. Everything just seems kind of floaty, and it's a real shame.

I'll cross that bridge, but I'm still building this character even in NG+; Samson is going to be the fucking strong faith man
for being a holy man, duh
Really I love roleplaying either huge crusader bros or necromancer dicks, so when I make a build I start pumping faith for the hell of it.
When I get to the pinnacle at 50/50 str fai, I'm going to start dipping into dex so I can use some of the other weapons for variety in my holy crusades. In truth, I'm not really building for anything PVP oriented, I'm just going as far as I can with my strong, faithful warrior. I might change all weapons to faith infused +10 so I get mass auto heal no matter what, but I know that doesn't do much good unless I stack it really high.

I wish they would stop making these games so everyone can stop arguing about the quality of them; they're all fun to dick around with customization, but they're not really well made entirely; they're playable of course, and they're neat for role play, but the level design was never the best. Even in dark 1, every below level was not fun to play; New londo, izalith, the shit pits, even the sewers aren't that great, and the fact that they're like 2 seconds long if you just take one weird short cut DARK WRAITHS HATE IT makes them trivial to traverse at all. I only ever came back to the sewers for the green titanite shards.

Virtually every replay of the first game I ended up skipping Capra, The Depths, and virtually all of Blighttown by taking the shortcut because they're not that enjoyable to go through. But I usually ended up quitting before I got to the Gargoyles because I wasn't having fun since I have at least 600 hours on the game spread across the PS3 and the PC version.

I wish I didn't burn out on dark souls, but I had no desire to play the same poorly constructed levels a 40th time, especially since every time I got to great idea puzzle boss the boss run alone would make me just stop because of the neon lava.

I'm in serious need of some Bloodborne images if you got any

1. The game never needed to be balanced. Part of the allure of the Dark Souls and Demon Souls was the poor balance. The slanted difficulty in both the PvE and PvP was the reason it was fun.
2. Dark Souls 2 was not balanced it was dumbed down and deskilled.
But with DS2 the PvE was just poorly done. Enemies hitboxes were shit and the attack animations didn't match them.
Not to mention how many of the common enemies in Dark Souls 2 can just be circle strafing, as well as the DE-emphasis on Parrying and the increase in emphasis on rolling. Truth is that there is more of a skill requirement to parrying then to rolling especially since they added in a dumpstat to make it easier to roll.

In terms of the PvP for Dark Souls 2 you can go eat a god damn dick you lying piece of shit. The PVP was horribly broken in Dark Souls 2 thanks to the retarded input buffering.

Fuck you, you god damn fromdrone you are the reason why there will never be a good follow up to the Souls games for at least 8 years of inactivity.

I appreciate that the majority of Bloodborne reaction images feature BB's resident expert shitposter.

I wish I didn't burn out on the series either, but when you play a single game for several hundred hours without playing anything else you don't really want to play it anymore.

hey, I have been playing through dark souls 1 for the first time, I have 2 pvp builds, pure strength and a magic fencer, but witht he fencer I feel like there is something I am not getting.
velkas rapier is supposed to be bad right? like its damage is only 400 (split!) so it should be getting piss poor damage but it seems to be completely outperforming its supposed numbers by a lot and I cant find out why.
additionally, what fucking weapon am I supposed to buff? velkas dosnt take buffs, moonlight sword and spear dont, titanite pole dont.

second question, I put in dark souls 2 the other day, wtf is going on in that game? EVERYTHING feels bad in a way I can only describe as "smooth" but smooth is usually a positive thing, and there is no clear way to go to the point where I am actually passing by enterances to other levels without even knowing it, which never happened in 1 so maybe if a kind user tells me wtf is going on I can actually enjoy it.

by playing through for the first time I dont mean I have not beaten it, just that I havnt put it down for more then a few days at once yet.

Lurk more

The crestfallen in 3 is an exFarron Legion member that actually gets shit done towards the end of the game rather than going hollow 5 minutes after you show up which is really nice.

It might be that you're fighting people that have piss poor defense against half the damage, but jumping over to a pure physical weapon might do a little bit more.
Buffing works on nonspecial, nonsplit damage weapons. Basically, if you need to use something to upgrade it that isn't a regular titanite, it can't be buffed.
It suffers from the same shit design Lost Izalith does.

Say that to my face, fucker, not in New Londo and see what happens.

if by gets shit done you mean after you get a dragon stone he gets salty and fights you for a total of fifteen seconds in the room of the coolest boss in the game and their weapon, yeah, I guess he did get shit done.
I never understood infighting; you are supposed to all be fighting against the host, and I know mad spirit can kill all, but any help should be used.

I'd rather have something like that where he's actually trying to do shit rather than throwing a fit and completely vanishing because he died once or throwing a fit and going hollow because Frampt woke up "and smells bad".
Infighting is only done when there's a clear advantage to doing so in the moment, even if it makes it harder l30 seconds after the phantom is dead.

thanks lads

this is kike thinking, only kikes think about what would benefit them immediately and not long term. Infighting lets the host gain one extra estus should anyone die who is not a friendly exclusive phantom. Drinking is akin to having two sips as a red phantom, so you should wait until the host needs two sips before you even think about using one. Even if you think you can take two now and then get him to take four drinks, it's better to make him race his estus down rather than use yours up just to spite him.

You can be the gywndolin

That's why I always helped other invaders unless I only have to get a single kill where I just sat and waited until one person had low enough hp where I could just swoop in and steal the kill.

You fundamentally misunderstand your enemy. They are a calculating, manipulative long-range thinkers.
Niggers are the ones who only think "in the moment."

They pray on the stock exchange because of this strength. You can ask a kike about what the stocks will look like in ten years, and they won't know, they have no clue, they're fucking merchants that know only how to trade coin in the moment. The skill they developed is bartering and being good at quick trades. They ruined most places because they usually think about how they can benefit first and then when they fuck up a country in the long run they are all booted out and go to the next hot spot. This happened in every place in Europe and Asia, then they came to America when WW2 kicked redpills into everyone's stomach, and then the kikes started shoving blue down everyone's throat in the west for their own gain. This wasn't a long term plan, they just wanted to turn a profit, and America was part time until Germany said no more to them infesting so deeply. Now they are everywhere, but this wasn't some master plan, this wasn't some geniuses in a meeting thinking about how to fuck over the world, this is a bunch of merchants counting their coins and wondering how their fat stack could get even bigger.
They thrive on the stock exchange because that requires cracker jack timing and with very little planning you can buy and sell stocks at a whim as long as you observe the estimated changes..

It's 2016, why are you so antisemtic?

Bolshevism, feminism, globalism, Zionism, etc were all the product spur of the moment thinking? Was AIPAC a spontaneous creation, or the Fed for that matter? Did they gain a monopoly over the press and media by pure happenstance?
They may have been simple present-oriented merchants looking to make their bags glitter today and worry about tomorrow when it arrives in ages past - hell, the kikes at big financial firms may even be just as simple to this day. But there is definitely a well orchestrated infiltration of Jewishness in almost every key position of influencing society, and they are almost all pushing for the same vision, the same isms. You might beat Mordecai Shekelstein, financial parasite, with such an assessment of the Jews but you're in checkmate before moving your first piece if you think the head honchos of the tribe are so imbecilic.

is this bait? there is no way this isnt bait.

Stop being racist, it does nothing but harm society. Everyone is equal.

user, it's called a joke

Everyone is equal. And by that I mean no one can fucking slide out of these death trap walls, why are there so many god damn corners in dark souls 3
It's literally just boxy room with corners everywhere or wide area
I can think of several instances of that not being the case, but I feel like I'm always pushed up on a wall and one single enemy is wide enough to block the exit to what is supposed to be a right angled shape.

Accessible for who casuals who just want to stomp through the game once with three phantoms or people who want to use the latest souls game to try out the pvp content? Because I can tell you the constant 3v1 ganks make it really not accessible to that later group trying out souls pvp for the first time, the bias towards ganks for invasion makes shit really fucking unaccessible.

Shouldn't have gotten backed into a wall.

Nah m8, it's 3v1 pvp is the most accessible for those who are invading.

They didn't secure their position by being near sighted fools.

Speaking of bullshit
it was really funny too, because it was really dull, and then shit started going down hill fast for those faggots.

You don't get kicked out of every country ever with far sight. They certainly didn't plan for people to do the same thing to them on multiple occasions, anyone can tell you that a good tactician will take into account previous losses and who their enemies are.

And how many countries have they been kicked out of since the end of the second World War?

It doesn't take a whole lot of planning to say that "we were almost wiped out as a race, you should give us reparations goy" to people who actually have hearts.

Hey, them making a country just makes it easier to build the gas chamber. You could even call it a protection from the countries that surround them.

Hoo boy.

Invaded some pyromancer called "Naynoo" or some shit, he instantly seeds. Took the fucker out down at the lobby of the Grand Archives, admittedly he hits me with some nicely aimed GCFBs, but he dies pretty fast once i get in close with my rapier.

I proceed to instantly invade the same guy again (Presumably he's fingering), to find it already seeded, AGAIN. The guy runs around, trying to hit me with his fireballs again, getting Kukris to the face for his trouble. I chase him into the first area with the scholars, poke him a bit, pepper him with Throwing Knives and the like, and suddenly he stops moving, as i close in for the kill.

DISCONNECT.

lots of sorc faggots and casters in the woods. Magic is for fags if it is not buffs, if you use it in pvp you are the gay boy forever

worse than disconnect faggots are lag switchers, fucking za warudo mother fuckers

ADDENDUM: Ripostes with the Crow Quills are ABSURD. Holy fuck I'm oneshotting people. Maybe i should stop using this.

I've got a couple of caster invaders, Miracles are pretty garbage offensively, but Flashsword, FGreatsword and Dark Edge are an awful lot of fun on a near-pure magic spell"sword"

Freeaiming Pyromancies is similarly a lot of fun.

Sitting back and spamming Crystal Soul Spear and similar garbage is gay as hell, i agree, but utility attack spells are a lot of fun, mate. They're not free-win buttons at any rate.

I can appreciate a good "I cast fist" but all I ever see is crystal mass and spear and people trying to act like they're this brilliant tactician when they get three other guys to attack first so he can go in for the kill. My main intent is to get people into the water so they get a farron bro and so I can also have the chance to go in and fuck them up
those are mostly buffs and helpers, I did very well with an all faith character doing miracles for the better half of the game as a very offensive player, since people still don't understand that reeling back means I'm going to impale some shit.
almost always cancer, I have yet to meet a pyromancer with a set up that I can appreciate. The only thing I'd actually like to see is someone do a yoshikage kira build, but it requires so much set up that I never have the drive to get to the end to get the pyromancies that function most like KQ

Yeah, that shit's pretty goddamn gay. The only time you ever really die to spells is from some wombo-combo like CHSM and CSS that you just manage to get pecked by, or by being blindsided as his friend with an UGS distracts you.

Pyromancies, though, they're fun, m8. Chaos Bed vestiges is a meme that does need to die, it's not an awful lot of fun, it's just a massive fireball that either does 2 damage or practically oneshots you. The real fun as a pyromancer comes with Great Chaos Fireorb being freeaimed, you hit them where they're gonna be, not firing blindly straight at them. The lava afterwards also helps with this.

Of course, it's expected that you'll being Firesurge, as is Black Flame. it's just such a good spell you'd be dumb not to. Most of the other spells are either in cheese territory (Black Serpent) or borderline useless outside of invasions against manipulable idiots (Sacred Flame).

Its the same with melee builds though, there's as much cancer there (Straightsword/Greatshield, Washing Pole running Attacks, Followers sabre)

I keep running into the same gank squad in the archives, and they keep acting like some super macho faggots. The worst part is they don't ever stop chasing and they keep hitting my phantom frames so they keep stunlocking me out of my run away. The worst part is that I know if I go in to just kill them all at once they will do the shitty thing of linking their attacks up to all stunlock me into a corner.

I was really pissed when I bought SOTFS edition for $10 and my weapons still degraded after 12 kills.

Are they four men/Have they fingered? If you're on PC and they are, wait till I invade (Londor Assassin, Londor Templar, or Archive Scholar or something) and we'll deal with them together.

I'm a huge faggot
I bought xbone
to be fair it's only because I own a toaster and I don't live in stable conditions to have a regular computer
also my friend had one and I played games on there so I just picked right back up when I moved out to a different place.
I wish I had just bought a PS4, I hate the no games but I prefer the sticks and face set up for PS

If you're having a bit of the gank blues do what I do to blow off steam.
Use dry fingers and summon every single phantom you can. Black crystal them out as soon as they appear in your world. Bonus points for getting an invader to play along and chill in your world to attract blues so you can black crystal them out too.

Was the Dank memes 3 DLC any good?

What is there is good as far as the level design, pacing and enemies. However there's not a whole lot too it, you can 100% it within 4-5 hours comfortably, making the pricetag of $15 a bit steep. A couple of the new weapons are nice additions, but the contribution of new spells is abysmal. There are only 4 new spells and they're lackluster.
Overall pretty decent. Would be much more welcome at $10 or under though.

It's short but alright, not much to it though. I hope the last DLC is on par with Artorias of the Abyss in terms of length and bosses

I'll wait till the next one comes out then. All I really know is the DLC is another ice themed level.

It makes sense thematically but yeah, wasn't too excited for more ice. And ice levels are usually my favorite.
Hopefully the last DLC will be in Londor and we'll get more abyssal/deep/hollow type design.

I'd say it's bretty gud, but too short, at least Friede was extremely cool

will there ever be a tolkien fantasy DaS? At this point gloomy / decaying atmosphere is getting tiring

….what?
Not at release.

At release the game was shit, and the atmosphere and story weren't to Dark Souls or Demon's Souls quality. That said, Dark Souls 2 did an incredible amount of things better. Perhaps you should give it another try before you start trying to blame me for shit Bamco does.

If there's one thing Bloodborne does well is having the most fun weapons in the Soulsborne series and they're all viable. Playing through with different weapons in the Dark Souls series just feels boring now as they simply don't have the care and attention Bloodborne weapons have. For the most part as well, Bloodborne has excellent level design and great atmosphere. It's not perfect but it's the direction the evolution of the Soulsborne series needs to go through.

God damnit From why even introduce the cathedral of the deep if you aren't going to expand upon it in any fashion. Fuck off with the 'remember that thing from DaS1' shit already it's getting real fucking old real fucking fast.

You're joking. Give me a source.

This is what was advertised. Don't know if it's all ice, but somebody said it was short, so I'm assuming it is.

I thought you meant the SECOND dlc was going to be another ice level. I'm glad it was just miscommunication but otherwise I would died of laughter at how lazy From has gotten.

When I said "another" I meant in reference to the ice area in the main game.
>inb4 2nd DLC is another ice level.

The goal of a mad spirit is to take the path of least resistance for the most gain.
You have to balance your fight with the host and make it more advantageous to attack the host instead of you.
If they gang up on you and they're being shitters about it, make it disadvantageous. Get them hitting eachother and they'll be annoyed enough for the 'alliance' to collapse pretty soon.

It upsets me so much to see the appearance of the Dark set as it changed across three games. #1 was so fuckin cool, then it started degrading due to age until it somehow gave a skeleton an old man aesthetic, couldn't be fucked wearing it, farming aside.
Mixed and matched that shit all the way till I found myself a #76 in the book of the guilty and put up my blade. Best time I had was all the time I spent hunting in #1.

;_:

except it's not
USE DSCM RETARDS

I will fight anyone on dark souls 3 on the peecee RIGHT now to show my dominance over you.

Are you asking for a gay old time?

where do you want to fight?

Fucking shit I'm retarded
Anyway, what I wanted to post was true skeleton warriors in Dark 3 need to use morne's set with dark helm, nothing else has skeleton armor aesthetic. I also wish raport worked a little better; it's really only good for controlling an enemy and then taking heavy hits to it. I bring that up because I just want a good necromancer game, and the closest thing I have is spamming raport to everything and watching them duke it out

(checked)
Mad spirits aren't supposed to be logical. They're supposed to be crazy and unpredictable.

I'm saying that as a dark spirit you should not kill mad spirits unless the actively attack you.

what the fug

Oh dear.

I've gotten the "YOU HAVE BEEN PENALISED" message. I got the "INVALID DATA" shit after deleting all my saves and starting again, and couldn't seem to do much about it, so i just ignored it.

Is there some way to reverse this? Admittedly I have been using Cheat Engine to quickly make character builds, given that i don't really want to run through the game ten times just to have fun builds to play. but before getting the "INVALID DATA" stuff i just did it offline, and i only got the message after beginning an entirely new savefile.

Am i permanently fucked now or something? If so this isnt good at all.

Yeah you're fucked. All it takes to reset without a cheat engine is getting to Cathedral of the Deep, and you can do it five times before you New Game+ again.

You knew what could happen with a cheat engine, you had a much safer alternative that prevented you from being a baby bitch, and you did it anyway.

Sure thing Mr. holier-than-thou. You're discounting the time taken to farm certain weapons (Flamberge, etcetera), upgrade materials, as well as the fact that different builds will want different starting classes. It's not engaging or interesting to do these things, and you're further ignoring that one might want several characters with different builds/gear, compounding the time spent farming.

There's really not much of a reason to ban people for using CE if they aren't going around with invincibility, instantkill weapons, or other similar legitimately-cheaty bric-a-brac.

I'm sure they considered your feelings and intentions that you had when you decided to use a cheat engine. They're not gonna research what you DID with it, they're just going to see the red flag and check the box next to your name.

I'm well aware, but it's still retarded.

Should have just run CE while the game was in offline mode. Don't worry, I used it because fuck spending 30+ hours trying to get cov items. It's not like the game is worth playing anyway.

lol, how is it retarded? It's efficient and justified, and using a cheat engine is reason enough to ban you. You're just mad it finally happened. As an example, say you run a business, and you catch some customers opening your register. Are you gonna give a flying fuck that they're just making change? They know it's stupid and risky to do so, and it's obviously against your rules.

Apples and Oranges.

What you want doesn't change what is real. Accept and move on instead of complaining that you got spanked when asking for it.

Most of the time i did, and before the "INVALID GAME DATA" thing i always did it in offline mode.

Still pegged me apparently. The game does have it's problems, but it's still a lot of fun to invade, so it's annoying to not be able to right now.

If I'm wanting to into PvP on 1 again what area and level range should I play in? I've been bumming around in Undead Parish at level 20 and got some action earlier today, then I ended up invading some shitty Giantdad memer I couldn't handle 5 or 6 times in a row and gave up.

DS2 was shit but it has the best pvp, as good as any pve can be the only thing that will keep me playing is pvp and I dont want broken shit

Is it too late to post cute thief masks?

you got a chuckle out of me.

I hate the pvp