Starjew Valley

Because what better way to mellow out in these trying times then with some comfy homesteading?
ib4 420 mod

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2016/11/25/harvest-moon-creator-says-franchise-restricting-now-stardew-valley-carries-series-legacy/
community.playstarbound.com/forums/mods.215/
nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=1
nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/48/
nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/97/
nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/169/
nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/646/?
nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4/?
emuparadise.me/Nintendo_DS_ROMs/Rune_Factory_3_-_A_Fantasy_Harvest_Moon_(E)/151940
nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/341/?
community.playstarbound.com/threads/anthro-characters.109960/
gog.com/game/stardew_valley
nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/131/?
dropbox.com/s/19nbyt21wqu2o27/Demetrius White Skin.rar?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm surprised someone hasn't thrown a shitfit over this yet.

I'm sure it will be alright as long as they check their privilege.

Just play Rune Factory 4, it's the best Farming Sim game.

But user, RF4 is not even the best Rune Factory game.

I think that says it all about this fuckadoodledoo.

It's definitely better, but it's good that PCfags and faggots who don't want to emulate have an alternative.

like clockwork.

Typing is hard, OK? Especially if you need to remember a ton of l33t hacker shit like CTRL+F, CTRL+C and CTRL-V

Well, it's a pretty good argument.

No it isn't. The farming genre is criminally underrepresented and Stardew Valley is a good game in it's own right and is worht playing even if you've already played Harvest Moon or Rune Factory. It's good enough that the creator of Harvest Moon himself said in an interview that he's happy that Stardew Valley is carrying on the original Harvest Moon legacy because the later games lost that direction.

nichegamer.com/2016/11/25/harvest-moon-creator-says-franchise-restricting-now-stardew-valley-carries-series-legacy/

Stardew Valley is western, none of the girls are cute, and one of the girls is an adulterer. It's garbage.

Like I said, Rune Factory 4 is the best option if you want a good farming sim.

If all you want is anime girls there are a shitton of moeblob anime and games for you to enjoy.

ib4 you're that faggot that keeps asking for trap sebastian

I'd love it if the devfag could decide on a setting

Actually some mods let you even enjoy harems (although last time I checked they were in their first stages), so you could have multiple wives and some shit. Which'd mean, if you divorce one of them and erase her memory, all your other wives either got their memories of her being one of the wives erased as well, or they are in on it and are fine with that.

I agree the original art makes all the girls look a bit weird, but there's tons of extremely simple mods to change that.

Recently got this and played through the first year before putting it down. Feeling somewhat burned out on it now though, I'm not sure the game has enough content to keep you playing for the three years that's teased by your grandpa saying he'd visit on the third year.
The game feels like it's missing something vital to keep me interested, the only major goals the game seems to offer you is to reach the bottom of the mine which is a fairly easy task, it's only 150 floors and I'm set to complete all the bundles in the meeting hall by the end of the second year, but there's no challenge in it.
There's a lack of festivals that happen, I think it's two festivals per season? That's not very many. A lot of the time it feels like nothing happens for the majority of the day, so festivals break that up a bit, but with only two festivals per season the game can feel fairly monotonous.
I think perhaps I expected more out of this game than what there was to offer. Maybe farming sims aren't the game for me.
Speaking of challenge, when playing the minigames in the bar, is the minecart one supposed to be broken shit that's nearly impossible to complete?

I would like it if there was a mod that showed this kind of stuff in game as you discover it, having to rely on 3rd party means to make sure you're not giving them something that they would dislike really annoys me.

Don't worry, you're somewhat right about the game lacking in "events", although the point of any farming game remains, well, to farm and see your progress, to notice the huge differences between how you started and the way things are right now. I'd advise running the second year too to appreciate how differently you yourself even make the entire thing work now that you know everything; including the new seeds, by the way, that are only now available, some of them opening up new opportunities too. Anyway, yeah, it does need a lot more new shit to do and find, but you still have to go at it only if you enjoy menial work of doing kind of the same stuff every day in the first place.
There also is such a mod but as far as I know it only shows their likes/dislikes, but not "as you discover it". That could be a good idea actually.

He appears on day 1 of the 3rd year, you only need to play two.
There's another in a desert area.

I do agree the're's not enough content though, and the existing content is not all that amazing either. There's just not enough alternatives to this game if you're a fan of the genre and already played all the harvest moon/rune factory games you can play.

What good is a game like this if all the girls look like shit?

Way to ruin best girl.
In any case, any new update? Anything new to justify the existence of this thread? What about posting some good mods, OP?

I've heard that RF4 is overall better than 3, 1 and 2 are lackluster and 3 have, apparently, best waifus.

I used to think that before playing Rune Factory. 4. Rune factory is WAY ahead of Stardew Calley. The only gracing point of SV is the modding capability, and that's about it. For a PC game with modding capabilities, SV is still really lacking in content and mechanics. RF4 feels more alive than it. Hell, FotM feels more alive, and I used to think the art style was alright, but in comparison to literally anything is really ugly. That doesn't mean I don't like pixel art, it just means SV have shit pixel art.

Pretty sure there could be mods that fix most of the thing, but the problem is finding them under a pile of garbage. It would be nice to compile them, I do remember some threads a couple of months ago that had a pasta with some good mods like the furry one and the one to make the nigger white.

You can, maybe, read the fucking thread and acknowledge that mods can change every physical aspect of a girl.

That's why you download better textures.

And get also TimeSpeed mod while you're at it.

Link please

Thats definitely an improvement but how 3dpd are the girls? suggests at least one is a whore but are there at least some decent ones?

I'm pretty sure I couldn't find an emulator nor the room for Rune Factory 4 when I looked for it.

>>>/oven/

Surely we can have one regardless?

Hey, feel free to pitch in with some yourself. LookupAnything, HarvestWithScytheSMAPI, Jiggly Junimo Bundles and MarnieRance mod come to mind.

That's a listen and believe joke waiting to happen if I ever saw one

Here is a forum with most mods
community.playstarbound.com/forums/mods.215/
And here's another site that collects them too :
nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=1

I'm using these
nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/48/
nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/97/

No, i mean for the timespeed mod.
I was using an older one to freeze time inside buildings but it isn't working anymore

Oh, I'm not sure which one I used to be honest. It's apparently abandoned, and the updated version someone else did didn't work for me. The old one works fine though.

I think I'm using this one with SMAPI
nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/169/

Can't recall which one I use myself, but there is this
nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/646/?
and that
nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4/?
which supposedly work well for what you need, user

There is a shit one available. Just use dolphin and get RF3.

Feel free to fuck off

I couldn't get the 2.0 mod to work myself, it just throws a gajillion errors in the console thing.

That's something that it shares with Harvest Moon, and I agree. At least in Harvest Moon and Rune Factory, they'll sometimes tell you what they like or you can get someone else to tell you.

I don't think they look that bad except Maru, and she's a nigger anyway. And there are mods for that if you don't like their looks anyway.

Are you sure you've got the latest version the smapi or whatever it's called ? If not try the other link, needs a bit of tweaking but it should work better.

Dolphin? Isn't it that an emulator for wii and gamecube?

Yeah fuck me, meant Frontier

The cheating thing is a meme, there was a bug that made that girl get stuck on some terrain so she'd come home late, and one of the kids talks about how he saw her hanging out with one of her childhood (male) friends. Developer himself said she nor anyone else cheats on you.

Frontier? Can't find any by that name. I'm looking at desmume or nosgba.

Haha, forget this. Neither desmume or nosgba download links are working.

Both of those happen in SD.

emuparadise.me/Nintendo_DS_ROMs/Rune_Factory_3_-_A_Fantasy_Harvest_Moon_(E)/151940

Really? I hadn't noticed. Maybe I'm retarded.

It's just that most of the shit is "hinted" or just casually remarked on. Leah goes on about living of the land and muh natures bounty, Haley makes a remark about Emily and crystals, the Wizard straight up says he always needs the essences, Dr. WeWuz mentions how his daughter is looking for materials for her secret project, Abigail's mother mentions something about pumpkins, she makes a remark about her father's lousy cooking but favorite ingredients.

RF generally does the straight up Hey, did you know [Character] likes [Item]? Give them some!

The dialogue in this game is hilarious.
Theres also some lines from the black guy about watermelons, but I didn't screencap for some reason.

About to snag a blonde waifu. Will update on deflowering process.

Or that Abigail loves purple stuff but hates grapes, blackberries and eggplants, but the game never tells you that second part so I kept handing her grapes but she hates them and by extension she now hates me, but I'd already made the association in my mind that "purple=good" with her.
JUST EAT THE FUCKING GRAPES YOU PURPLE LULSORANDUM GAMER GIRL EDGELORD

Their reaction also tells you if they liked it or not. You have to be pretty retarded to keep giving them stuff they don't like like did.

Link? Please show me the light!

I said I made the association with purple shit being good, I just keep forgetting that she doesn't like grapes.

ib4 you come back with an eel showed up your ass

user, you got to remember and balance that purple with some green

This commie shit almost made me give up on the game
i eventually just got a bit bored instead

You can just side with the supermarket, though.

Rune Factory 4 is a million times better in every way. Stardew falls apart after the first few hours as there is no balance or difficulty to the farming and all systems are an inch deep. If Citra can play it now, get RF4. You won't be disappointed.

Id rather stick with harvest moon on pc tbh

Eat hit, then.

i enjoyed it, even if it doesn't have very much depth.

Siding with the supermarket reduces their prices to the same as the local's, but I'm sure they still have limited variety and it blocks off the rewards you get from the hippie squatter spirits in the old community centre.

My point is that the whole situation is forced by the devs and just makes no sense.

3DS emulation is shit. Emulation in general is shit

Yeah, I agree. It should have radically different benefits to force you to choose what is more convenient to you, or to give you variety. But consider that the perks are so similar and imbalanced. You can't really ask logic or balance from this game.

Originally the game's story was going to be the supermarket taking over the world and shit, with you actually fighting against them. Or so I heard.

CFW isn't emulation, you retard. It means Custom FirmWare, thus enabling piracy on your 3DS.

well I wouldn't pirate either
yet

Why even play games at all.

why even care?

Faggot.

they will be free if i get enough to keep me alive via crowdfunding since i will drop my job to work fulltime on this

by the way, are you implying expansions make games bad?

Oh boy.

Expansion packs and DLC are the result of wither greed or just lack of time. If you have the time to release the whole thing at once do it, faggot. Also, expansion packs usually reuse a lot of assets, TFT is the perfect example.

i don't want to be like Star Citizen and take 7 years to release

I have a realistic set of features that consist into a complete game (better than stardew valley) and i would be able to launch it in 3 years (same time it took for stardew valley), but it is not the vision of my dream game, which would take many more years to make, thats why i need to split it into expansions

faggot

Gay and stupid. A dangerous combo.

expansion packs, the ones like those mentioned are made to further expand the game with new ideas most often many of them coming from after the initial release or too late into development to be put in. You are trying too hard to fit in.

thats the plan

main game will be a return to the harvest moon formula

These will be in the main game if possible, otherwise expansion 1

expansion 1

expansion 2

nigga if you're gonna bother shilling your dumb shit at all at least post a link or something, otherwise you look like that kid whose dad works for nintendo. no one cares

here you go
>>>/agdg/28256

One user posts bullshit and the other extrapolates with even more bullshit. I honestly don't get whether you faggots are getting stupider by the day or is this just a new low for local shitposting.

No anons, not everything is commie shit. We're talking about a game where personal effort is measured in getting paid more, especially since the dev has a hard on for Teddy Roosevelt; preserving the environment, small business owners and such. And you can advance the story just as well by simply throwing hard currency at the problem.

Hell, it would be hard for me to think of a more capitalist game.

It doesn't actually.

So you couldn't just open a new thread or post that without shitposting to set the mood first? Also, that shit better have lewds.

Boy does this sound familiar.

Just make a patreon and give the game for free.

Well, then you'll be like Starbound and release a broken product and then try to make it pretty.Think about that, user. Best case scenario your game turns out like Terraria

That reduces to lack of time. If the idea comes really late in development and they lack THE TIME to include it in the main game, then it becomes an expansion pack if there's enough content to justify one. Holding that just because makes you a fag, "releasing" the game before it's complete it's no different to early access. Not to mention that expansion packs reuse a lot of shit from the main game to begging with. Expansion packs have no place right now, even less with single devs, it's plain retarded.

(2/2)

I have a mixed opinion about all that, specially when you don't include combat from the beginning. I seriously don't want to criticize someone that actually go and do something, but You're changing the core gameplay by adding something like combat. You should have combat from the beginning and then expand on it if you want, but suddenly introducing combat in the expansion doesn't sound that good. The only things that should be added in the expansions are
Everything else sounds like it should be mandatory in the main game, specially alchemy. At the very least, the expansions should be focused in something in specific. My main problem is that you already have all that planned, and I think it's cool that you want to release it as planned, but some of those features seems pretty important to me, specially fucking combat.
If you want a good model on how your game should be expanded, take a look at terraria, they were pretty steady with how often they updated content and what they added.

This is not a bad idea, user. If you're good enough and have enough exposure, you can do nothing and live out of patreon. Look at Akabur.

This really. The game having a combat or not is one of those defining features, and not something you slap on in muh nth planned expansion. ib4 graveyards are filled with planned expansions

Great role model there. Don't finish jackshit but milk idiots with broken half games.

I mean, if what you want is live fro the money of others, Akabur is the greatest role model of all.Also, in a personal level, the guy is pretty cool and chill, so no shit he never finish anything.

He's talking about the fact it's an anti-corporate "save the community center from the big bad Wal-Mart clone!" where apparently the town's well-being is threatened by Evil Corp., but in-game everything they sell is more expensive than the local general store, yet all the characters go on and on about how cheap the corp's products are and how the local store will go out of business if things continue on that way, in spite of the fact the game's own prices contradict that and most of the townspeople–the people who the corp needs to give them money–hate the corp already. Thus, the story makes no sense.

Anyway Stardew Valley: published by Chucklefish, annoying subtle virtue signaling, shitty waifus, pixel art that ranges from great to awful (the intro is fucking horrendous STILL), lack of depth, way too easy, really shitty tacked-on combat system, ranching sucks compared to crops, you could just get Rune Factory or Story of Seasons for a better experience, game's still fun tho.

Is the dev still promising multiplayer? I'm not sure how that would work, honestly. Isn't the game easy enough already?

And you, learn to fucking prioritize. And as others said, your expansion plans are dumb. Forget the combat, just focus on making a fun fucking farming game. I need something deeper than Stardew, but not TOO realistic. I need something between Harvest Moon and Farming Simulator.

And yes, cooking systems are the best. That's why they made Tale of Two Towns entirely about cooking.

You are the epitome of faggot. Weeb waifufags are a literal cancer that need to be purged.

I always find these games fun for like fifteen hours, and then the tedium gets to me. Is it worth digging up some mods to alleviate that or should I just fuck off? I got to Winter before getting burnt out so hard I couldn't bother continuing.

When one of the selling points of the game is getting hitched, it's a flaw when none of the girls are all that attractive. The guys are even worse off, which is an even bigger problem because this is a kind of game that girls actually do play.

Wasn't that the motivation behind #Solution6 or whatever they called it? People getting so mad about awful sjw 'artsy' vidya they started devving

Even if your don't pirate for some reason it's rather silly to condemn every single game published by paradox, ea or even steam simply because they're published by such.

Cringe-y twitch co-op bait I'd imagine.

You what now? Also he's small fry compared to some of the kikes out there.

They look fucking fine, you're just a faggot who can't get off unless the girls are 2kawaiiuguu moeblobs. Like I said, kill yourself.

Enjoy you're "realistic" women

I wanted a MILF or cake but instead we get a bunch of bland teenagers

At least go the distance and use that furry mod

Plenty of us also fap to western art like Bruce Timm, you raging moronic faggot.

The funniest thing about the furry mod is that it makes it even more obvious that Abigail's a cuckbaby.

Have you played Rune Factory, user?

There are 2 reason you would like to play these games, farming and waifus. If you get tired of farming your main goal is your waifu. No shit you get bored. Get some taste.

She's kinda cute.

Is just baffling.

Honestly? It wasn't the SJW crap in this game because really it wasn't THAT bad. It was how terrible the writing was and how poorly thought out a lot of game mechanics were.

So I'm going to put my Computer Art and Animation degree where my mouth is.

See you in 4 years.

I am more surprised at the fact that I havent seen a single porn mod for Starjew Valley, I want to make my own brothel goddamnit.

At least Story of Seasons had Iris

I mean yeah, she was more cake than MILF but at least she was something above a teenager

Only RF3. Was pretty fun, but I disliked the protagonist. The list of available waifus was long and varied, but I can't actually remember how much I liked the farming. I hear good things about 4 though.

That's Penny; Abigail's the one that freaks out over some weak ass bats and jumps in your arms for protection.

ara ara

Rune Factory can't get away from having a protagonist that you don't want to slap constantly

This is the problem with making the player character a character in their own right

No user, Penny is just fatherless trailer trash. Pierre isn't Abigail's real father, the Wizard is.

I'd prefer to play as a blank slate over an anime character who looks and sounds like he was designed for gay porn comics.

The one in 4 is basically a child. The idea of this kid somehow being able to have a kid himself is actually a little creepy

For those of you who hate Stardew Valley's assortment of waifus, what sort of character archetypes would you prefer there were?

you just proved him right weeb faggot

I want to bully the fuck out of that bird.

Cute anime girls with varying-yet-pure personalities.

I thought "surely it can't be that bad" but then I actually looked it up. Geez. I can't tell which one looks more like an adult.

I think Leah, Penny, and Haley are alright. I just dislike Maru and Abigail. And I merely think the artwork in the game is lacking, in some areas more than others.

The bachelors are worse off. Three boring chodes, a dweeb, and Fabio.

Another weebtard.

Those are some cute girls, user!

Just cause I hated Stardew's assortment of waifus doesn't mean I find that sort any less insufferable.

Hey, at least any further descendants won't have Pierres cuck genes

They really can't, can they?

The most of girls actually looked a lot better during development before the dev decided to fuck things up.

There's a mod to keep them like that, and it makes them more enjoyable, specially Maru, that looks like the girl from the Goofy movie.

you're right, how did the art go from okay-ish to the shit it is now

I realized that as you progress from oldest to current, the hair slowly ceases being hair and gradually becomes cake frosting.

Dev probably thought More style and detail = better. The problem of the final portrait is that it's overdone. Too much shit over it for what it is.

Wew.

I misread that as "Huckleberry Finnish farmgirl" and thought you wanted a Scandinavian redneck for a waifu.

The monstergirl mod is pretty great. Instead of milking cows I'm milking a holstarus.

nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/341/?

If there is a weed growing mod could I get a link? Selling dank cush while molesting my farm animals like a dirty muslim would make my day

Goat tier list there user

I want to see that now

redneck, not coal burner.

I've been wanting to play this one for a while, but I'd have to start a new game for it. If I do,I'll probably marry the little loli too.
Kill yourself.

Hope you enjoy tyrone's sloppy seconds

I don't think he literally meant a Southern urchin girl who goes river-rafting with black guys.

More like muh woman who's completely unprepared for romance

That could work

Also
I said bossy, not "it's not like I want to fuck you anyways, b-baka!"

Man if she was just older that would have been such a great scene

I really need big hips and tiddies

Shoot yourself.

You need to expand your mind user.

Let me help you with that.

Is this a new trend?

It's the armor, man.

That reminds me, another thing that pisses me off. The constant switching of perspective in character portraits. Pick one, nigger.

COMBINE THESE

my god, you're a genius.

So that girl from Haganai or Index?

Someone post the necessary furry mods. The chucklefuck forum has like 50 and it's a mess.

Just follow the related guide

community.playstarbound.com/threads/anthro-characters.109960/

here ya go you lazy degenerate fuck

When will we get a lewd monstergirl/pokemon/runefactory game?

Fuck that, cocksleeves are better.

devfag here, at another PC right now

Different from most RPGs my game will not have combat as the center mechanic, and it won't even be mandatory, the original harvest moon games had no combat and they were GREAT
Besides im building the game with all planned mechanics in mind, in a way that the game won't feel incomplete without them, but they won't feel out of place when i add them
The planned expansions are required because im just one guy, i can't do everything and release in less than 3 years

Iam giving all priority to the main game making it about comfy farming first and foremost

Good. It is respectable to want to deliver a "something for everyone" kind of game but if you stretch yourself thin, it becomes a "nothing for anyone" game. It's better to have a solid core mechanic that works great, accompanied by secondary ones that are not so great, than to have no solid mechanics at all because you tried too hard to make them all great without the capability for it.

In short, make sure the most important thing in the game is done right. That is how the player will forgive flaws in the rest of the game, and keep playing in spite of their issues with it. Obviously it's best to have no flaws at all but no human is perfect so no game is perfect, so make the best of it.

Why are all of the girls so fucking ugly?

Because it's made by a single guy who is great at spriting some things and total dogshit at spriting other things.

Also the crop selection in this game annoys me. It's great to have some rarer crops like garlic and kale and cauliflower, but he left out essentials like carrots and lettuce/cabbages (red cabbage but no regular cabbage?) and turnips, radishes, onions, etc. Not all of those would be necessary of course but the fact none of them are in strikes me as strange.

That's great, user. Do you always post traced trash every time you talk about girls in video games?

fuck off bui

Why are you so dumb?

Still waiting for the multiplayer. I really hope its good and not just some weird minigame sort of thing.

Maybe make a dynamic selling system sort of like Story of Seasons Harvest Moon Devs new name for Harvest Moon. Having certain crops/items become more valued by different traders/regions would be a more robust experience than "toss it all in the bin and forget about it"
It could be a good way to hint that there are other places outside your town or whatever.

Yeah, those are real, not manufactured, people.

price will be offer/demand*quality, also some NPCs will also farm and you will have to compete with them, most of them will farm stuff you usually can't or that would be too much of a bother like rice (you would have to build rice fields) and fruit (trees will take long time to grow), but some will farm stuff that you farm too
also expeditions (first expansion) will include creating caravans to sell goods in other villages for maximum profits

but have you played frontier?

play frontier

kross a bro

most of these are in rune factory frontier except the MILF sadly, would totally be that kids dad

Why is mining so much more profitable than anything else?

It's stupid for a farming game to favor going on a cave to break rocks. I mean I'm sure farming/bees/something will become more profitable in endgame, but in the meantime this is the only thing that pays well.

Pic is from my current run through the desert cave. That iridium alone should net me about 96,000, and that's on a single day minus the smelting time. Admittedly it's a very lucky day according to the fortune teller, but still.

user in harvest moon mining was a wiinter only activity

also you should be able to farm crazy with sprinklers

Farming makes so much money with almost zero effort if you make Iridium Sprinklers.

But harvesting and re-planting all of your plants takes like half a day, then you have to spend the next 4-13 days waiting for it.

I can't recall ever getting 100k in a single harvest, and that's just for the shipping profit (e.g. ignoring seed costs).

user, I literally broke the money counter with cranberries. It spun past max some six or seven times iirc.

The seeds are free from the (free) bundle seed makers and you don't need to replant them. For that extra autism I didn't even have iridium sprinklers around that time.

shit man I don't know, RF4 had auto planting for you

Mining has always been god-tier in Harvest Moon as well, especially in the beginning when all your tools are crap.

You should take shilling like this back to /poz/ where ImKampfy will protect you.

thats basically one of the things that motivated me to start my game, i was disgusted by the stardew "cooking system" and went all out on mine

I think he means because it was incredibly biased with no real reason to not support the local chain and no evidence it was actually threatened

While is being a bit dumb, that's just bad writing, not "commie shit".

it's motivated by that marxist shit tho

I will build a wall, and keep the dunecoons out!

Sebastian is the only qt guy tbh

Well as you said, it's a single developer creating all the content. The only reason he's letting Chucklefuck handle the technical portion of multiplayer is because he wants to focus solely on pushing out more content updates, and that dedication is honestly remarkable in devs these days… which is sad, but this guy is great.

Is there a way to get levels in the caves fast? I've been trying to go deeper but I have no money to upgrade shit nor any good items to prevent getting fucked by bats.

You could gather ludicrous amounts of stone and spam staircases.

Also when you rebuild the community center and run Joja Mart out of town, Pierre's store stops closing on Wednesdays and stays open 7 days a week. Having less competition somehow makes him work more.

Maybe it motivates him.

I kind of like red headed Fabio.
And Shane isn't so bad.

He's just filling in for the new demand created by Joja Mart leaving. It's like a dream come true for him.

get gud and eat to heal yourself.

is the monstergirl mod done?

it has been done for ages for farm animals. i'm not sure about regular mobs, though, if that's what you mean.

is this game fun?

yeah. but it's just a simple farming sim with extremely simplistic dating/marriage. there is also some caves for simple combat. there's quite a few quests that come along but they are easy.

i think it's worth playing through once at least.

also you can mod the shit out of the game. but mods have little compatibility unless you break open the mods and manually make them compatible.

anybody have a torrent?

what if the migrants are qt monstergirls?

I'd impregnate them before deporting them.

We send them back.

it's just $15 on steam.

are you sure?

Don't listen to him. He adores a cadaver.

So… You say it like he should buy it.

Monstergirls are fine they just have to come here legally
No paper no fug

I don't mind actually purchasing games…

Well, you should expend your money better. Like buying a dildo for your faggot ass. There's absolutely no reason to buy games, and supporting the dev is a personal option but doesn't make you any less of a faggot for buying games in current year

The reason I buy them is to support the devs. Why the fuck else would I buy them?

So, you're saying that, even though you desire and end up enjoying a product, you shouldn't fulfill your end of the trade that makes up the basis of a capitalistic market.

I hope you don't have a job.

SPACE COMMIES GET OUT OF MY IMPERIVM REEEEEEEEE

Because you're really bad at priorities.

I don't desire games anymore
I can live without the enjoyment so paying for it or not is trivial, specially when I can get it for free. Capitalism doesn't work too well with intellectual property because capitalism relies on the limited supply of a product, with intellectual property you can reproduce it as much as you like, so wanting to shove capitalism into software is pretty retarded, mate, and only faggots pay for any kind of software.

I do, in public administration, because the I believe government is more reliable and it's easier to steal from them.

You just sound like an asshole to me. There's no reason not to buy games unless you're actually poor.

It's like watching a wolf argue with a sheep.

Additionally, producing software is a pretty bad choice of work because of that. Software should only be produced as a hobby or for research purposes, which can actually get monetized for the skills required to do the research. The infinite reproduction problem also affect movies when hollywood relied heavily in psychical products, but that changed when they hit digital, that's why anti-piracy in movies is much more aggressive than games anti-piracy. You pretty much don't hurt anyone by pirating for the obvious exception of the faggots that decided to expend it's time on software expecting money in return, but that's on them.
OFF BY ONE

But hey, you got your game ONLY because YOU liked it. It's your money, you can shove it up your ass if you want,but with the money you expend on this shitty game you can actually buy a 15$ dildo and do the same thing. Not Saying Stardew is not worth playing, I'm saying is not worth buying, even at 5$ I'd tell you to think about it.

Who is who?

steam overprices things i bought it for 0$ on the pirate bay

with your reasoning, there should be no music, no movies, and no television shows unless they are all free. if you don't think you should give someone some money for taking their time out of their lives to deliver you an entertaining product then you should take some string, tie it around your penis and jump from the roof of the homeless shelter you are residing in you bum.

I would gladly brake the law for an illegal mudskin monstergirl

Hope you like your waifu getting deported and serving 20 years for housing an illegal.

We live in a world where cities and colleges can openly tell the government "No, you can't enforce your immigration laws here" and (so far) suffer absolutely no repercussions for it

you need to go back

yes, go back and post more cute brown monstergirls

Gitgud

Really though, the hitboxes in this game are completely fucked. It's much harder to hit things that are below you than things that are to your sides or something. So try to approach enemies horizontally, or from the below. The entrance is usually on the top of the cave so the cave layout actually favors the enemies being below you, you'll have to play around a bit.

That's shit advice. The sword arc will hit diagonally just fine while not exposing you to counterattacks, also mention sword block/right click next time.

You can get the insect head sword by farming the burrowing bugs in the first dozen levels, and that shit will carry you pretty far. Also cherry bombs and explosives in general are a great time saver.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:NLAIFUSSVR5VHIANDIBEKAKZUWMFWLXF&

Just because there might be a better tactic doesn't mean it's "shit advice".

Besides attacking diagonally can be tricky depending on where the bat is coming from.

You're teaching him how to ignore taking a free shot. I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings but I'll call shit advice out as such.

Tricky and git gud go hand in hand, but you only need to get a feel from which to which side the sword arcs. You even get invincibility frames AND a panic/block button.

You have a very interesting definition of "shit advice" then, seeing that said advice would make his life easier. It applies even with your diagonal bullshit, because it's easier to hit diagonally from the top corners than the ones below.

Abigail was the only one I was remotely interested in, until her little avatar bit came up, and revealed her to be a fat tumblr archetype.
Too bad. Random midnight flutist girl was cool, up until I actually talked to her.

I'd rather call it pragmatic. I say wait and hit him from a position where he generally can't hit back from, you say he'll wait until you approach him from bellow (a cardinal direction).

Yeah, and? It's a question of from which side your character begins his attack/arc, and I'm fairly certain I pictured it as such.

How about we compromise and say it's easier to hit from bottom left?

>"FUCK YOU DAD YOU SEXIST PIG IT'S CURRENT YEAR I DO WHAT I WANT"

What the fuck? No it is not.

What I'm talking about is the hitbox, not the swing. The hitbox is literally smaller (or offset in such a way that it's smaller in practice) from the bottom, the enemy has to be closer to you before you can hit it.

You swing from top and you'll catch his hitbox with the end of your stike; you swing from bottom and you'll catch him with the beginning of your strike and end up with shorter recovery.

I don't see how's this confusing.

I'm not a charity, user. They decided to make something that anyone can get for free, and anyone smart enough will get it for free. They're not entitled to anything, they themselves decided to WASTE TIME in something that could or could not get them money, and they won't get any from me, regardless of how much I enjoyed what they made, because intellectual property cannot even be defined as product. There's no stock in digital media. You can't just run out of it, so there's no point on having a market of it,specially when you can just share it and get it for free easily.
They don't have to be free. But say, If I sella song for 2$ to a guy and then he decides to share it to anyone, realistically I'd just get 2$ and nothing more because anyone can get the damn song otherwise. It's my fault for producing the song thinking that it could be profitable, when it just fucking can't unless I attach some sort of DRM to it, in which case
FUCK YOU DRM APOLOGIST

if you're gonna suck dick at least suck the dick without aids on it
gog.com/game/stardew_valley

I'll say one thing, she's not as bad as she could've been. They could've given her that ugly half-shaved hairstyle every tumblr chick has and had her talking about how she's an otherkin or some shit.

I unironically like that hairstyle because it reminds me of the 90s apocalyptic future look. That would only mean that we are on the apocalyptic future pictured in the 90s.

And part of that $15 would go to Chucklefish, so your comment is irrelevant. Don't buy it.

so just because you can get something for free means that it should be free and no legal action should be takenl if stolen? apply this theory to other things. say you go to a diner and you order your food and eat it then you just walk out without paying. what about just going into a supermarket and filling up your carriage and just walking out. you even said yourself on how smart people will take things for free if they can. you won't do it thouhh, you won't live up to your words and that is because you're a pussy.

Piracy =/= theft you fucking retard. Go back to reddit with your false equivalencies.

here is me simplifying what you said
"online stealing =/= stealing"
do you just not know the english language or what?

Here's me simplifying what you implied
Do you just not know how computers work? I guess not since you don't even know how people post quotes on imageboards.

Stealing and piracy are different, though. Stealing involves taking something so that the original owner doesn't have it anymore. Piracy is just making a copy for yourself. I'm not saying piracy isn't morally wrong in some fashion, but it isn't the same as traditional physical theft, either. It's a tricky area that traditional thievery laws don't really apply very well to, even if the big publishers try their hardest to make them.

no

Where the FUCK are the porn mods for even just prostitution?

unf

yeah the game has been out for a while and it's got tons of buzz, where's the sex farm pornoville shit

get your shit together perverts

Is Penny really a cheater?

Seems weird that even at 8 hearts she has other men picking her up by the waist and hanging out in trees with her.

Here's a nice mod that makes Demtrius and Maru white. They still look a little weird, but it's alright. It feels like the dev made the game and realized there weren't any black people at the last minute, so he added the token black scientist and a half-black girl so folks wouldn't bitch. But it feels so out of place in a pleasant little village.

nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/131/?

dropbox.com/s/19nbyt21wqu2o27/Demetrius White Skin.rar?dl=0

No, the black nerd stereotype is such a favorite I refuse to believe it wasn't planned

The dev knew what he was doing

Well even if he did plan it out, he's still one of the best devs I've heard of in a while. But that racemixing just felt so out of place in a quiet little farming village.

OY VEY HOW HATEFUL OF YOU

Yeah rural communities aren't exactly known for their large black populations.

The town's bartender is Mexican. So it's not like they are the only non-European whites. It doesn't feel out of place to me.

My own hometown irl was small but had maybe 5% niggers and 1% other ethnicity.

Are you gonna make it insanely autistic? Like Dwarf "Harvest Moon" Fortress?

Is he Mexican? I didn't notice. And still, even if 5% of the town is black, racemixing still isn't common. Even less. I grew up in a small town too with maybe 3 black people in it and racemixing was not a thing. It just seems like it was jammed in there for no good reason. A nice black couple would be one thing, but a black guy married to a white girl and having a daughter? It just doesn't settle well in the setting.

In his thread with a partially working cooking system it has vitamins A through like F.

He probably moved in, and, as the only black person in the entire town, didn't really have a choice in the race of whoever he decided to marry, unless he was going to take up online dating or something.

Why does it feel like it's always black guy white girl, anyway?

I thought he was Italian or something.

Getting flashbacks to the pizzeria in unteralterbach

The cooking system is the most extreme one, it still comes with default recipe templates for easy use if you don't want to get into the deep part of it
Starting next week will be the Faerie Village, a much less complex system

I hope that farming is deep, detailed, and has options you have to actually consider.

What sort of options?

Seasons will change on day by day basis, won't be a SUDDENLY EVERYTHING IS SNOW moment
Plants will have their peak periods, and some will be able to survive all year (but won't grow/produce) if you care for them enough
There will be soil decay, but i don't think it will take more than using a ferilizer bag to fix it, otherwise could become too bothersome
The line between annoying complexity and fun depth is thin

Well first off there shouldn't be an absolute best option. There might be a best in one area, but there shouldn't be an option you should always do no matter the circumstance.

Example; One crop might have the best return on investment, another might have the best return per space used (if farming space is limited), and another one might require very little maintenance, thus saving fatigue and "real" time.

Oh man, what sort of game is it? You going 2D or 3D?

Balance is a major issue for me, having the game be single player doesn't excuse it (as some devs think)
I will constantly balance the game before and after release

3D in Unity

Sup, hazzard?

i think you got the wrong user

Yeah have fun with that.

Oh, and will it have animal breeding?
Getting massive pigs in dorf fort was always fun.

Oh and animal interactions with crops (chickenshit > rich fertilizer)

Im actually having some, i thought all this hard work would be exausting, but following your dream really keeps you motivated

breeding as for increasing population is quite easy and will be on the first official release, now genetics are something i might add later with animal taming with wild animals having some great genes/features to add to your farm

Yeah I guess genetics is a tertiary thing that isn't really needed on a first (or second) pass.

The hair style isn't bad, it's the fatness and personality what ruined it.
Mostly the obesity though.

Hope you have a pet artist

that and a good musician are things im hunting for
i will probably end up making most of the models, i already have plenty of the character designs in my head

Way to immediately lower my interest in it, unless you're completely forgoing the grid.

think of harvest moon back to nature, now instead of pre-rendered sprites, you now have actual 3D and the best textures i can find

if those fairies aren't 7 inches tall then theres no need to fuck them

You're a faggot, but let's give it a try.
If it should be free or not is irrelevant, the fact is that it's already free.
Stolen would mean you lost the original one to someone. That doesn't happen with software, you cannot just lose the original because you can just copy and paste unless you have some sort of DRM. It's like suing you for taking a sip of my infinite water fountain.
This is where I know you're a faggot. Food is a finite product, that's why demand exist on it. We can't just copy and paste food. If I take food for free I'm stealing it, because you can't just replace it with more food. With a software I can take the exact same "product" with me while the very same product will remain there with the creator. You're either dense or retarded.

You're definitively retarded.

Game attracts mostly SJW and fags. That's why the Furry mod existed within days of the game release and still no good sex mod or anything of the sort. I think that kind of content is banned from the forum, too.

The dev confirmed she is not cheating you, but I don't like her being that playful with another man either. See it as normalfag interactions with friends. She is flustered because she doesn't want you to misunderstand the situation since you're the one she likes, but the whole thing was handle terrible.

In my personal experience, rural communities fear black men out of stereotypes. But they both adapt fairly quick, provided that the black person doesn't come from a shit neighborhood and doesn't have any nigger custom like shooting to the air when he is too excited or wearing pants too low.

You better give those faeries sexual orders too.

So the view will still be on top? That's important.

That's even worse than what I was imagining!

the camera and controls are not set in stone, and will probably come in several different options, i haven't messed with it yet
i will probably pick what works best for mouse&keyboard and leave the other options in the menu for anyone who wants it

As an artist, I find this humorous

On the Stardew forums in the white Demetrius thread, I saw a perspective I hadn't considered before - it was a black woman bitching about black guy/white girl pairups because mainstream media always implies that successful black guys go for white women, and that nobody wants black girls. The SJWs in that thread bitching about the white Demetrius had nothing to say to her on that one.

I don't buy it. Penny and Sam are a couple if you don't date one of them. Sebastien/Abigial, Haley/Tom?(the athlete), Leah/Fabio, and Penny/Sam are the pairups. Especially the fact that she gets really embarrassed and tells the little boy to basically shut up when he tells you she was doing that.

It's probably because Black Guy White Girl has more minority points than White Guy Black Girl

As someone vaguely aware of the shitfuckery that went on and ruined the Harvest Moon name, where the fuck do I go to find out what happened, why Rune Factory is the proper spiritual successor, etc etc etc?

Rune factory is just a better game. The farming and social aspects are only half the game, and yet are way more refined in rune factory, compared to harvest moon or story of seasons.

If you're talking about the name fuckery, that's because natsume had the copyright for the name and because marvelous changed localization to xseed, they had to change the name for legal reasons.

Rune Factory seems like weebshit though. Never been a fan of JRPGs. How bad is it in that regard?

I wouldn't say flirty. They're town people, physical contact could be pretty common without being flirtation. As I say, she is flustered because she doesn't want you to misunderstand the situation, but the scene was handle pretty badly.
It could be better if she just exploded out of embarrassment and say something like "I only want [Player]"" or something like that. At that point and with that level of affection is pretty obvious that you're more important to her than Sam. These kind of games are always about cucking your rival before he can cuck you, after allIt was specially satisfying in FoMT where Cliff left forever if you don't bother with him and marry Ann

Rune Factory have been around for quite sometime. The reason Harvest Moon fucked up is because the change of staff and management. I think it was Natsume. The true "Spiritual successor" to HM is story of seasons, made by the original devs, I think.

Guys, I pirated 1.1 gog version, how do I get timespeed working?
Do I have to use the (massively outdated) versions of the tools mentioned on the page, or am I using the latest versions incorrectly?

Picking a girl up by her waist is pretty flirty, user.

Very. If you don't like Jrpg or their tropes, you most likely won't like rune factory. That being said, the mechanics are very fun though. There's a shit load of content in all of the games and there's never any tedious grind like there are in any of the harvest moon clones.

Very, with common anime stereotypes and shit dub if you play the dubbed version All for the authentic experience, Gameplay is good enough for that to be forgiving, and weebs always have best waifus anyway.

He did it so she could climb the tree, said by the little boy himself. It wasn't just because.

So Story of Seasons is the proper continuation because of a rights thing with Natsume.

Which one would you guys recommend as the most in-depth/definitive version? I just want something I can play over and over, starting over every now and again as a time killer.

The player character is so awful I find it almost impossible to play the game because I have to fill his shoes yet can't slap him for being a bitch.

Haven't played Story of Seasons, but after years of playing HM and refusing to play RF, I can tell you that Rune Factory 4 is a whole new level for HM, in almost every way. Also, progression is a lot more steady than HM.
RF4 is particularly good for starting from the beginning, since you can get almost all the good stuff in the first month and then get even better stuff.

Just like my experience watching Anime MC. Even visual novels.

If I remember correctly Natsume and the harvest moon dev are separate. Though Natsume owns the title "Harvest Moon". So when deals fell thru for the dev team they went on to make there own series (Story of Seasons), while Natsume has been trying to reinvent the wheel by making new harvest moon games have minecraft like qualities.

I think the reason no one really talked about it was because it was just business as usual. No real drama to speak of, just two companies/teams going separate ways.

And I think you got the wrong door.

Thanks for the heads up, I can't stand that shit. I think the only JRPG I've enjoyed was P3 because the player character wasn't a massive pussy.

nvm fixed it

you're paying for the labor not the end product itself

Here are the main characters

Yes, the one on the left is male. Barely

Who says it's the wrong one?

I'm really not. Coding is not hard, anyone can do it, and with faceless AAA and incompetent indies I'm not paying for that either.

If they're so incompetent then why do you want to play their games? I'm a rampant pirate myself but I buy things when I can from quality devs who I feel deserve the money, like Dwarf Fortress, but you seem to be against paying for any software under any conditions, no matter how much use or enjoyment you got out of it. How do you expect devs to continue making things that you enjoy or find useful if they have no money?

Because there's nothing better. Consider that this game is the first HM like clone on PC, at least the only one I know from, and yet RF4 is way fucking better, and I pirated that one too.
I expect they don't. Also
That is naive and stupid. As I said, this should be nothing more than a hobby. Consider that goo games, the early ones, were made by small teams that didn't even expected money in return. We all know what happened when corporations monetized video games to hell, and the same is happening again.

I believe that you don't need money in order to make a good game. All you need is time and dedication, and money can be gain through other means. If you think of charity, you can have a patreon, you won't be payed directly for the game, but you'll get payed nonetheless.

Are facial acting lessons a thing? Cause she needs them. Badly. Mouth is constantly open or/and in weird version of duckface.

I mean, center picture at the top, what the hell even is that? Who the fuck looks like that when shooting a gun at someone?

We almost had either Robin or Marnie as marriage partners. Instead the people voted for Emily.

Tasteless fanbase, I swear to god.

Marnie is fucking the mayor, why would you want that slut? Plus her sprite looks like a landwhale.

Because the Mayor, in what has to be the dumbest move he's ever made, refuses to make their relationship public and she's actually bothered by that to no small degree. Women like to be courted and romanced and the Mayor just isn't willing to give her what she needs.

Plus, she like animals. My family's Patron Saint is Francis of Assisi. That's a BIG plus in my family.

There's a Marnie romance mod on the Nexus somewhere, so at least there's that.

So, you're saying you don't want to be a white guy cucking a black guy for once?

I don't want anyone to cuck anyone, user.