Comfy AND Immersive games

What other games treat my characters like real people who do what they do simply as a career choice and allow my character to go home and relax after a hard day's work?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67661/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74476/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? Especially modded. You go on artifact raid, go back to bar, sell your habar, grab some vodka, listen to music, listen to other stalkers talking, have a chicken sausage and go to sleep before stocking for another raid. Probably need something like Misery though, since otherwise you get more then enough supplies from corpses, armour lasts for a long time and there's no sleep in vanilla.

Arx Fatalis. Comfy cooking and camping inside of an underground world

Morrowind

There are other mods than aptly named Misery for that.

So is monster hunter strictly a DS title now, or is there another platform to play it on? These games seem interesting but I've still got my shitty normal 3ds and I feel like it'd be uncomfortable to play on it. Which one is the most active for online, currently, or does online even matter?

I feel like unmodded morrowind is arguably more immersive at times, as a lot of the mods seem overly intrusive.

4U and Generations are the most active. And Monster Hunter is not strictly a DS title. It's bound to come to the Nintendo Switch and if Dauntless is even remotely good it might force Capcom to bring Monster Hunter Online to the west to try and get a foothold in the PC market.

Skyrim with realistic needs and diseases, hunterborn, alchemy and cooking overhaul, crafting overhaul, skytest realistic animals and predators, campfire, frostfall, wet and cold and 200 other mods.

Who am i kidding, i never played more than 30 minutes into this shit, before i end up reinstalling it all over again.

the X series

Skyrim as well. Mechanically the game is shit, but walking in a snowy area with mountains in the background as the music swells is both comfy and immersive.

I swear people have forgotten what this means. It's been used wrong for ages now to the point that people don't know what the actual meaning is. Being immersed means you're actively engaged in some type of activity. If it's taking all your attention, then you're immersed. A difficult puzzle or boss can have you immersed as can a good story. It doesn't mean you forget about your current world and self insert into the story or setting. That is being immersed, but not what immersive means. For some reason people think you can only be immersed in relaxing games.

All that aside. Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town is something that fits your bill. Plow your farm, fish, feed animals, and then plow your wife. Of course the Sims 3 if you pirate all the expansions.

Mount & Blade is pretty good, if you're into that sort of thing.

Thats exactly what I do too, I seem to have more fun installing my sex, loli, and immersion mods. Than actually playing the game. Though it is fun for a good 2+ hours, I dont play it again for a while.

A word can have 2 meanings, its just the context its used in is what defines it. But yeah regardless, it is still an overused buzzword at times.

So Devil May Cry is one of the truly immersive games? You have to make several decisions a second in high-level play. And Zelda: Majora's Mask is one of the great games one can get immersed in with it's atmosphere and every part of the game working together and not conflicting in any way like pic related?

The X series is great for comfy immersion, as is Elite: Dangerous for those who made the mistake of buying that.

You can always emulate Freedom Unite or Portable 3rd (HD) on PPSSPP. They don't have quite as many features as the newer ones, and Freedom Unite suffers from a few annoyances, as it came before a few things like controls and UI were polished up. FU has more content, though, and was the largest game until 4 Ultimate was released.

I played 4U and soloed every quest on my OG3ds without a right thumbstick and I'm fucking shit at the game. It works perfectly fine for melee, can't speak for gunning since I never tried it.

That seems to be the pattern here. Spend 10+ hours finding mods and tweaking them all to make the game fun. Play for an hour, and then realize mods don't make a shit game good. Now it's just a pseudo eroge made of a ton of unstable mods.

I wasn't implying it had one meaning. It's just that people only take a certain aspect of the meaning so it became a buzzword. It's come to the point where they don't even know what it means. The most used definition here does go in line with immersive, but is still wrong.

1. noting or relating to digital technology or images that actively engage one's senses and may create an altered mental state: immersive media;
immersive 3D environments.

2. noting or relating to activity that occupies most of one's attention, time, or energy:
her many years of immersive sociological fieldwork.

In most cases, video games should be immersive. But it depends on the quality/aesthetics of the game and the preference of the player. A person can play DMC and not be immersed because he can't take the characters seriously.

To add to that if you fiddle a bit to play online lobbies with tunngle, though good luck finding similiar HR people as most who stick around are usually high up into G rank, so i'd recommend getting friends to play with.

I honestly preferred the rawness an clunkiness of FU to the "streamlinedness" of 4U even though i played/play both.

i used the c stick a lot when i was playing gunner, but i could use it with just the lock on+ movement too, though not as efficiently as i did with the c stick.

i fucked up the spacing pls no bully.

Any golf game.
Especially pic related.

I am always surprised how all those youtubers make 100 videos of their modded skyrim/fallout/oblivion playthroughs and don't get bored. I guess recording this shit for people actually forces you to play it.

They also have the benefit of community interaction driving them. It's always more fun to play something if you can talk with others about it.

i never bothered to finish it, maybe i should repirate it and mod it to hell to just go exploring

but the dungeons were terrible and the trophies and treasure you could find weren't fun

Redundant. Non immersive games aren't comfy. If you aren't immersed, you'll think about the dry gameplay or the interactions without any substance or meaning to them and if the game isn't heavily geared towards gameplay like fighting games you'll quickly get bored. Even worse, you could be so non immersed you'll start thinking about how you're sitting your ass on the couch or computer chair watching something boring and interacting with it in non meaningful ways.

I wish there was a mod for skyrim that replaces all cities with ruins full of hostile creatures, and deletes all quests like DUST for new vegas.

So i could explore endless snowy forest without a single bethesda dialog or shitty quest coming my way, and just focus on camping and hunting. I just hate repeating over and over their shitty poor written quests voiced by 3.5 talentless hacks.

Same. I want a game that's like a well-modded skyrim, but full of ruins and dungeons with caves and puzzles while still being open-world.

The Witcher 3

I'm having a great time with it.

FFXV is supremely comfy, all memeing aside. Your guys need to eat, you need to rest to level up, you can make comfy camps, and cruising from place to place in your car is actually pretty relaxing i still wish i hadn't bought it

T-T-TIGER SHAWT

Chill out, man, why do you have to be so immersive?

I used to do that in Morrowind. Every day after I finished playing I would find a suitable "camp site" and arrange a little piece of bread on top of a piece of paper, a jug of Sujamma, and a travel lantern. I carried them around with my character everywhere I went, unless I had already set up a permanent home somewhere – in which case I went home to my autistically decorated house with full meals arranged on the tables and candles and books everywhere and trophies of adventure on the shelves.

According to some people death is comfy and immersive.

Since you're already a shit eater, you can buy something like a 360 or a ps4 and get comfy while you watch some cutscenes

came here to post this.
shit's top tier comfy levels

shoo shoo Squenix shills.

I do it for free

I could get behind this mod idea. Probably just compile a disable npc script and spawn creatures list. Would you do it alone or bring a companion? I could imagine a silent companion with whom you just share soup over a fire, staring off into the night sky without trading any words.

Morrowind has been mentioned, but Daggerfall is also pretty comfy, though maybe needs more LARPing to get the immersion you want. Likewise Elite IV has been mentioned but II and III are vastly superior so long as you watch isinonia's tutorial on newtonian combat first so you're not getting into salty jousts. I found FF1(PSX) to be very comfy, but I'm not sure about immersive. At the other end I found WotS4 to be immersive but not comfy. SHOGO was immersive from how fluidly it transitions between mecha and non-mecha sections, but it wasn't really comfy except for the start where you're safe on the ship. Arx Fatalis has been mentioned, though I didn't find it all that comfy, I found the major human settlement to be off putting so I never had the sense of coming back to a safe haven. I'm tempted to mention the Atelier games but they're more likely to cause deadline anxiety than be comfy, and only Ayesha had a consistent enough world design to be immersive. Gravity Rush is comfy and immersive, but very light on content. STALKER has been mentioned. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Despite being a completely shit game, Elite: Dangerous is pretty comfy for slow cruising through space

Rimworld and dorf fort. Depends on how autistic I'm feeling.

mortars and raids must be pretty comfy

I'm more of a lazy shit who makes automatic turrets, chokepoints and killzones.

Playing Vagante. Honestly thought it relied to heavily on Spelunky but it's honestly not that bad. Playing Rogue is pretty fun but i'm starting to get the hang of Wilding class. I feel like I should beat the game as Rogue and then due a purist run with Knight.

Also does anybody want to set up a server? Or tell me how to set one up? Co-op with this game sounds like a fucking blast honestly.

I should have added here's a Mega link mega:///#!RggUSCTR!H-HK5RwCCzcI9OEQhgJVcyvhuGa7I7GOR39VPkju5Pk

Is Asuka the best girl or the best girl?

She's fine if you got a thing for damaged goods I guess.

Yes

Asuka is 14 years old, and she fixed most of her issues in EOE. she chose to live and be with Shinji when intrumentality ended

best girl is misato. no arguments

everyone in eva is damaged goods, arguing about who's best girl probably proves we're damaged too

If you can get passed her shot liver, maybe. Asuka can be helped because she's a kid with a chance at maturity.

Highly debatable. The only argument you could mostly make from that is her synergy with her Eva coming back. She's still pretty fucked up though. And you're not 14

Pretty much

If you're talking about the remake she's absolute shit tier anyway. She probably got the worst treatment from the cast in the newer installations.

It would be a long ass road to recovery. Your mom committing soduko when you're at an early age tends to fuck you up fr a long while It doesn't help that she didn't even know her daughters name by the end of her life

We all know NGE is shit, but also its shit that was retconned a couple time just to please weebs.

Personally I hate Asuka's personality, but she triggered a jew into 0.5 A Presses tier autism so she's fine with me.

She could have stayed dead after being killed by those Seele Evas, remember she tried to kill herself in the beginning in that bathtub scene.

It was stated in EOE movie that those that want to come back to life with AT fields, can come back. Asuka chose to live again, and where did she come back to? She chose to be next to Shinji, the boy who hurt her.

She's not permanently damaged, she just need some dick to set her straight. And "damaged goods" by the way does not refer to mental problems but to not being a virgin, which she is.

And why did her synergy with EVA 02 come back? Because she realized that her mother is the soul inside the EVA unit, and has actually been conscious of Asukas presence there the entire time. She no longer has any reason to kill herself, the entire source of her depression was that her mother didn't recognize her and thought a doll was Asuka.

Neither Shinji or Asuka chose WHERE they came back, only whether or not they wanted to, and her decision had fuck all to do with Shinji.

I wouldn't necessarily equate not wanting to die to good mental health. And it says nowhere that she "chose" to be next to him. I'm not saying she's a lost cause but god damn you're not going to fix something like that in a day.

This never works. The expression of not sticking your dick in crazy isn't one somebody should jest about. I won't blame you to harshly though because in generic hentai anime world that would probably work. Realistically though one should never seek a relationship when they're struggling to maintain their own life.

Not from where I come from it doesn't. Feel free to quote a slang dictionary on me I could care less.

You're not entirely grasping the concept of how little it matters. Her revelation of the EVA might go a little way in vaguely coming to terms with how her mother might have felt for her prior to the end of her life. But it by no means fixes the mental scars and trauma she suffered throughout most her life. Her mother still killed herself, the "soul" that was in the EVA can't specifically be called a soul so much as data collected from her brain that could have been altered in a number of ways before this.

It's great though

I want to pirate it but there is barely any space left on my PC and the game is like 40 GB or something.

Buy yourself more space this christmas user.

You don't know that, where they ended up on a beach together.

There is a scene where they are in a train "If I can't have you all to myself, then I don't want anything from you!" with her breasts being very close to Shinji face.

Well she did try to kill herself, you don't do that and decide to come back to the living.

Thing is, she isn't crazy, she's just lonely. You were just mistaken.

I'm not saying there wasn't improvement. But a lot of people who kill themselves tend to regret doing so seconds before death.

I remember hearing ages ago that NGE was going to get a remake or something that would improve and fix some stuff with the original. Did that ever happen?

How ? Do they give interviews in hell about their death?

Yes, and it was called Rebuild. Eventually it became a totally different beast from the TV show. Some like it, some hate it.

Or was I supposed to answer this with no, like how Deus Ex never got a sequel?

No, it made it worse. Fucking Reifags ruined the anime. Anno-sensei is not even involved at all.

The anime is the only thing that is canon, that is all.

There's an interview with Craig Ferguson somewhere who wrote a book called "Between the Bridge and the River", which takes its name from the moment after people jump but before they hit the water, specifically the Golden Gate Bridge. And he mentions that all the survivors said, immediately after jumping, that they realised all the things they thought were worth killing themselves over were easily fixable or not at all important anyway, and they wished they hadn't jumped. And this prompted Craig (who's Scottish BTW with all the religious guilt that implies) to ask a priest what that would mean for those people, and the priest (can't remember his denomination) said that if they truly were sorry and regretted their decision their soul wouldn't be sent to hell.

I was genuinely curious. I don't watch anime at all anymore. The last one I was really in to was Cowboy Bebop and that was over a decade ago.

If best-girl got side-lined for Oedipus Complex then I don't want to watch it.

The few that end up surviving usually are recorded as regretting it immensely mid to late jump.

Yes and it didn't fix anything but ruined everything. The original anime and EoE are waaayyy better.

I said this in an other thread with you faggot. You're either delusional or baiting. And considering how you're still here the only thing I'm positive about is how depressingly autistic you are.

Try pioneer for space trucking if you havent already.
or the shittier simplified jumpdrive

I'll ask Santa for some.

Good thing I never bothered with it.

They have Rei and Kowaru in love with Shinji, like its written by weebs who hated the original and asuka

Its like Rebuild is like written by weebs who hate best girl and make it their twisted fan fiction fantasy. Fuck them, NGE and EOE movie is the only thing that is worth canon, and neither is the manga by Satomoto.

Wew

Well obviously the original anime and EoE are the only things that are canon, since they are the original story. I don't think even disgusting Reifags would dare argue that Rebuilds are canon.

Keep posting.

Is that the anime where teens fight robots?

______:^)

What's the matter? Too deep for you? Maybe you prefer a baby anime, like Lucky Star?

Hover my spoiler dipshit. I'm kidding I just think I know the user who posted that image because the file name is the same

You're just an evolution of the "every game is an rpg because play a role" fags.

Immersion shouldn't be a fucking tag to begin with.

I always wanted a mechanic like this in RPG's like elder scrolls.

Cone home, have a dinner, a beer, watch your argonian slave girl dance.

What, Evangelion? No. Do you know nothing about it? It's a psychological thriller masked as a mecha series, but over time you find out that the robots the protagonists are piloting are not robots after all, but horrifying flesh androids with armor on them that are prone to rage attacks and who have the pilots dead mothers souls trapped and fused into them

:^)

this I usually just play as a hunter and kill, cook and eat what ever I hunt while also trying survive cold nights.

Canada Simulator 2020

Being a space trucker in X3: Reunion is the comfiest shit ever. Bar none.

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67661/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74476/?

Combine those with a few immersion/survival mods and you might be getting pretty close.

Space trucker in Elite is vastly superior.

i want to be asuka's submissive husbando

Comfy games are gay and for losers, when I want to play vidya it's for the excitement and challenge.

I try to do the same thing a couple of weeks ago, try to play whit the wearble lanterns, and just lanterns around whit some twik so the nights would be a bit darker, and i manage to do something comfy but i uninstalled everything after like 4 hours of gameplay. There is no way to do a different character or to play in a different way and trying to do different things whit different characters, this game does not allow that.

I enjoy alot Skyrim for like 900h, and eveytime i try to do something different i end up doing the same over and over, its a shame this game does not allow a completely new life when you make a new character, even whit mods that try to help alot but the core game dosen't let you at all.

I'm not even upset or anything I'm just confused how you could spend that much time on it.

Mostly whit lewd mods, trying to do cutie waifus and stuff, then one day i decided to clean out my degenate pc from all that, i try to play it comfy but i cant anymore

A bloodsucker does more damage than an SVD, a fucking helmet intentionally weighs 10kg, bloodsuckers are completely invisible at all times until they're about to attack you even if they're at a distance, enemies drop almost broken gear and almost no ammo despite having infinite ammo and perfect condition guns while alive, a bandit can literally throw a grenade right on target from about 75 meters uphill in the dark past some trees, textures are completely unoptimized, there's a fucking 10mb 4k texture for a pinup poster of a real life woman. That's just some of the shit I remember, not to mention the constant CTDs and glitches everywhere. One of the features for the mod was that you could interrogate wounded enemies to find out stash locations, if you do the game crashes or you might get lucky and they'll just get up and shoot you in the face, which they also do if you knife them.

And I'm not sure about the patch but on base Misery enemies take half damage from everything while you take over 100% damage on literally everything up to 960% from fire compare this to vanilla where on Master both you and enemies took 100% from everything.

You didn't even post best.

This

You probably prefer a baby anime with no story like K on.

I like Eva and I respect it's influence, but all the girls suck.

I really wish it felt like there was more interaction with the world. It felt very plain to me when I checked it out at release. Has it improved much?

where are all the muslims?

Daggerfall.
> then the game will horribly glitch out and shatter your immersion

Gag: Impotent Mystery

Thank me later

More like
glitches only spoil immersion if you let them.

No not really. A good game is immersive regardless.

Witcher 2 and 3
STALKER
We all know about them

I want to add:
Trails in the sky, excellent world building and well written
All the PMD games, the first one, Rescue team, had a smaller budget and it shows though
Ever17 (it's a vn, pretty comfy and atmospheric, didn't like the plot though)
Rune factory 4, a harvest moon clone but actually fun and full of content
Subnautica, has potential, don't know if it improved since the last time I played it

I won't argue, you are right. But at this point all of us can play FPS games very easily and only with a difficulty that rough will it force you to play slowly to feel "comfy"
I remember I gave up when I reached Pripyat because of the bugs

My favorite is when you climb something from the "wrong" side and end up in some sort of behind the looking glass type glitch. Good ol' Bethesda.

Asuka from the manga is best girl

No. It got properly written with genuinely good characters, no filler, and a much more satisfying and hope-filled conclusion.

Yes, it's called
the MANGA

Anime & Movie fags BTFO

Asuka thread?

Always

yeah it is very repetitive and like everybody says (mods wont fix the game play) is very true. the game is really only good for making a waifu and adding graphical mods. and race menu is fun to fuck around with.

Holy shit. Why you are making me reinstall Skyrim, user?

faggot

90% of the game is autopilot waiting.

Misato > Rei+Asuka
Also Reifags are much better than Asukafags, because they are at least as quiet as her, Asukafags are fucking obnoxious

but its COMFY autopilot waiting

Shenmue

Just charge your friendship drive every 20 seconds user, that's all you're doing in the end.

Oh man, but Oblivion's soundtrack and setting are so much more comfy so long as you don't walk past an NPC and realise the game's default assets look like ass.

Life would be a lot more easy if I wasn't such a fucking autist.

Gay sex?

No, faggot.

Age of Mythology is pretty comfy. The music and watching the villagers do stuff can be pretty relaxing.

I don't remember that scene exactly but I'm pretty sure that was a hallucination.

Asuka got absolutely shafted in the movie though. Rei and Kowaru were mischaracterized, but what happened to her was just terrible. They even changed her fucking last name for some reason.
Nigger

I've never played the monster series. Which are the best games and can I play any of them emulated on pc?

This. Also Planescape Torment.

Yeah, and any game where you play as a character is an RPG.

Can you suggest me the best mods to make the game comfy withouth making it harder at the same time?
I just want lots of stats to manage, not really interested in a harsh game experience.

I played MHFU on PPSSPP and had plenty of fun with it. If you have friends, then look up how to get online working. I had only 2 crashes, one while playing with a friend and once just walking around town.

Why not portable 3rd?

Misery isn't as hard as it seems, user. The only thing I really had to learn when I first installed it was how to cook meat to eat and after that it was smooth sailing. I started with no equipment either, so my first 10 hours or so was going hunting with other bandits for food.

Cool.
Any mods i must add like bugfixes or balance stuff?
I never played it before.

only acceptable answer I guess.

All you need is Misery. It gives you all the tweaks you need. You should probably go with the sniper class if it's your first time.

Just think realistically when you play and you'll do fine, ammo's rare, don't waste it. Don't buy imported food, learn to hunt with your stalker bretheren.

And quicksave. A lot.

Talking about comfy games AND Evangelion. Anybody remembers Ayanami Raising Project? Where you play as a personal Rei's educator, who tries to make her act less autistic?

Only read this.
What did I miss if I haven't seen any other adaptions?