Maps

post em

this first example is from Might and Magic Book One, notice how the actual in-game over world map matches the drawn map very closely

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/WDL2t
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Might and Magic 6 had the best map over-all

is there anything worse than a game where the "world map" is actually just a small region surrounded by invisible walls?

Only if its self aware.

It's cool if you're 10 years old I guess

I wanted to explore it all.

I miss old Runescape. Not enough to go back and play it, mind (that fucking grinding), but it certainly had a cozy vibe to it back in the day, and I loved how it had so many places to go and things to do, even for a free player (and membership was a mere $5 a month and got you access to a shitload of stuff too).

it's funny how good the map designs in these games are when they don't even have maps.

Is OSRS worth playing? I was poor back then and still am. Can I get the paid stuff now for free? Or I have to pay anyway? Either way,I might start playing for nostalgia's sake.

On that note, what the fuck is that thing in the northwestern area? Because that sure as fuck didn't exist back when I still played (all the other continents were at least present if not as expanded on).

That Dark Souls map render loses some points for poor spelling in places.

Not sure, I haven't been back in years, and again, that fucking grind. At least you can still find the old Midi soundtrack on Youtube.

Bloodborne map looks really short. Also, it's incredible how well put Dark Souls map is. Just look at this imgur.com/a/WDL2t

I'll have to try, then.

That ugly and unnatural square of land is new content introduced in the OSRS revival, because apparently OSRS just couldn't have been preserved without altering it like Runescape Classic. It begs the question of what the point of a nostalgia-fueled revival is if it's going to get changed anyway. Fagex even added the fucking GE back in!

the bloodborne map looks short because it's really 3 dimensional, a lot of the maps are really vertical.

I miss those screenshot based maps gaming magazines used to have when they used to exist.

I remember my mom gave me for birthday a Mario Sunshine guide with all the maps and shit. It was pretty thick too, like old guides used to be.
Man… It makes me nostalgic. Pic kind of related. Not the same, but neat.

Good times

As you can see here, the presented map (left), differs heavily from the actual map, (right).

Never happened :^) best to forget all about it