Fighting Game General: Bears Edition

Posting is fucked on Holla Forums right now, so I can't post the full OP.

Other urls found in this thread:

orochinagi.com/2016/12/snk-is-listening-tell-them-what-you-want
pastebin.com/ThhMPgwz
archive.is/WQHbj
streetmodders.deviantart.com/gallery/58269521/Ultra-Street-Fighter-IV-Mods
ultra-combo.com/3-5-patch-notes-combat-balance/
ki.infil.net/
arcsystemworksu.com/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-coming-to-steam-pc-on-december-14th/
archive.is/DoypC
bambooarcade.com/download/milo_assembly_instruction_v1-00-pdf/?wpdmdl=175
change.org/p/capcom-put-q-in-the-roster-for-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite?recruiter=58180981&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
deadendthrills.com/gallery/?gid=145
twitch.tv/getcovered/v/107088469
realotakugamer.com/unholy-night-new-fighter-for-snes-by-ex-snk-developers-announced
streetmodders.deviantart.com/art/Supreme-Jiggle-Physics-650932751
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

oh, good. The Thread went through.

Why dont you faggots wait until the 700 post limit you were warned before Its a rule. I am telling Mark about this

orochinagi.com/2016/12/snk-is-listening-tell-them-what-you-want
Just a few more hours left to vote

it's 700 posts OR page 13. Also the previous thread is dead, now even in the catalog anymore

Thanks OP. I couldn't create a thread no matter how.
Well, full OP here: pastebin.com/ThhMPgwz

What? The thread died a few hours ago: archive.is/WQHbj
I took a few screenshots of the rest of the posts because I forgot to archive again
Go tell Mark to get the guy breaking the website.

C'mon SNK, everybody knows the Orochi Team, Blue Mary, Vanessa, Yamazaki and Rock Howard are really popular.

what if SNK is the one rigging the polls for the American Sports Team?

Nah, i'm pretty sure that it was a youtuber that asked people in twitter to vote for them

I'll post my mains to help get the thread rolling. I dropped Terry in Garou after realizing that i'm not that great with Terry in Garou, but I don't know who I should main instead.

No, look at the comments, it was this faggot telling his followers to mass vote on the poll.
Well, Gunsmith is (sort of) to blame too for having it separeted from the actual survey. The character poll along with the DLC policies should be another question there.

Terry in Garou is the easiest character in the game. Well, just get on floor with Kevin and piss people off then.

What a total fucking faggot

It's not technically cheating but you know none of them actually give a shit about King of Fighters and only voted Sports Team for the lols. This survey should have been limited to people who bought the game and nobody else. It was a survey for KoF fans, not smacktard youtube meme faggots.

Why would I be upset over this? They're better than half of the fucking shit Falcoon made during the Nests and Ashe story (Note I'm one of the few who really hates characters like Hinako and some little girl that did Capoeria or some shit).

Checking SRK, Eventhubs and other FGG related websites makes me chuckle at the meltdown after the Kuma/Panda reveal.

Because knowing the poll is rigged, SNK can ignore it altogether and put Hinako and Momoko back in XV (or DLC for XIV) for your enjoyment Don't you think they're popular in Japan?.
I actually voted for Brian

If you were Harada, would you put Kuma/Panda in Tekken 7, or would you put in someone else instead?

Hinako's a character I'd actually like to see more of, if only because I find the concept of a high school girl obsessed with sumo hilarious and interesting. Momoko's possibly worse than Bao though.

I would normally be on your side for this but I actually like hinako for some reason. Momoko can burn along with bao, Sylvie, Xanadu, and other falcoon OCs.

Lien Neville, Xiao Lon, Chae lim can stay though

fixed that for you

It's not like the American team is going to win anyway.

Ashe, Momoko, and Hinako were mistakes.

why the fuck would you do that?? what are you doing harada?

You never played Tekken 3-6, have you?

i played 6 on my psp a bit when it released until it bricked. then i completely forgot about the series until the t7 e3 trailer. tbh i dont know a lot about most of the characters movesets, but it seems like some bs for potential fans to learn how to play against 30+ characters for their first tekken game

Tekken has always used cloned movesets since 1. Where have you been?

Guys, you think KOF XIV will come to pc anytime soon? And what to play until then?

usfiv starts to bore me, after almost 900 hours it's not fun anymore. But all the other fighters are even more cancer. Injustice is trash, SFvsT is cancer too.

Sometime after the arcade release since the arcade version basically runs on windows XP/7
weeb fighters or fightcade

GGxrd rev on PC soon

Give into the weeb my son.

GG Xrd Rev is coming out in like 3 days or something.

mod sf4…
streetmodders.deviantart.com/gallery/58269521/Ultra-Street-Fighter-IV-Mods

honestly fuck markman

why the hell is that guy using deviantart to share his mods?

I guess I have a fuck tonne of lab time, going to try and optimize my shit.

wew lad.

Fucking christ.

Jesus Christ

wtf, when I was going trough deviantart I thought it was Rufus.

Why don't they just mod the girls heads onto rufus' body? seems like it'd save a lot more time.

The Tenkaichi Budokai qualifier today was extremely good.

Sols dust loops make him look really fun.

i need to know how to play SamSho6
and beat our local guy playing Sogetsu IV

his wakeup game is fucking me up badly with the waterballs

KI patch 3.5 came out, here's the notes for the combat changes. ultra-combo.com/3-5-patch-notes-combat-balance/
For anyone interested in Killer Instinct, here's a fairly useful guide. ki.infil.net/

Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator comes out on PC on December 14. It'll be $49.99 for standard, $64.99 with DLC. Some other stuff like a soundtrack in the first month too, but I doubt it'll be lossless. arcsystemworksu.com/guilty-gear-xrd-revelator-coming-to-steam-pc-on-december-14th/

that's all the stuff I remember, I don't play Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter or anything, and I haven't been keeping up with Skullgirls.

archive.is/DoypC
bambooarcade.com/download/milo_assembly_instruction_v1-00-pdf/?wpdmdl=175

I never contribute threads but I found a random guide on how to make a budget stick in my feed so have a go at this if you're looking for a cheep stick.

Either you don't play shit on PC when it comes to new fighting games and risk them not porting over the shit they do now because of low sales or you buy it and gobble down that gookjew cock. They could've atleast made it so that you get the character DLC free with the 50 bucks version if you buy within the first week or something. At least I'll get the whole thing for $52 because of the 10% launch discount and the 10% discout because I was a good boy and bought SIGN.

I am moving house this week and i also play Rachel. What a world we live in.

Yeah it was good. I wanted Nakamura to beat samitto in that last set though.

It's definitely too pricey, but devs have promised to give PC more updates of some sort, and a change in their business practice. Hopefully that means releasing PS and PC versions simultaneously rather than doing a capcom and releasing a half finished game.

Yeah, it was more than I was hoping it would be. I don't have as much of a problem with it cause I didn't get Sign and haven't played a Guilty Gear in general in a long ass time, nor have a PS4, but for loyal fans it is pretty shitty. I was hoping for like 40 bucks for everything.

Also, I forgot to mention Nitroplus Blasterz came out on PC. It's $29.99 with a 10% discount right now ($26.99) and if you own Skullgirls you should have gotten an additional 25% discount coupon in your inventory. I haven't gotten it yet since I'm waiting on Revelator so I don't know if it's any good or not though.

I've got sign on PC and rev on ps3. I really want to play it with the PC community though, as dumb as that sounds. I know a lot of the guys that will be upgrading from PC sign, or moving from PS rev, and I want to play rev as much as possible while also helping PC rev have good player numbers. It sucks that it will be exy, but I will buy it because it's been the most enjoyable game I have played in a long time.

Plus it will be nice to play with nice graphics

Yeah I feel you. As much as I have been enjoying the shit out of Killer Instinct, I really want a change of scenery so I'm pumped to play Revelator. Would be nice if it had crossplay though like KI. My biggest concern is that I don't know how active the online, but it sounds like a decent amount of people are getting it so here's hoping.

As active as you'd like to put effort in finding matches in, if you joined the 8ch steam group or discord, they've played SIGN weeklyfor a long ass time now and will most likely do it for revelator too.
Also if you were to find the EU or Murcia FGC discords you'd be set for matches when ever you want.

Knowing the community already exists is a big bonus when taking the plunge on games, I guess.

One other thing I am pissed about is them having a sale for Sign just before they announced PC revelator. I don't know anyone personally, but I'm sure there would be people new to the xrd series who bought sign only to see it become outdated and the community switch games just afterwards. Arcsys should have announced rev and put sign on sale at the same time. Pretty dodgy practices.

Thanks user, if i git gud enough I'll see about checking it out.

Yeah it was pretty scummy. They said they were doing it months ago when they announced they were bringing UNIEL and Melty Blood to PC didn't they? I remember something like that happening on their site cause that's why I didn't get Sign. But they should have also posted on steam if they didn't, it's not like everyone follows these types of threads we have here.

You'll get gud much, much faster if you go right away, they wont mind you being bad because you're new or anything, they'd help you get better because they want more active good players around.

That's a fair point. I'll do that. I just get nervous as shit cause I'm a paranoid fuck, even in KI I don't really use voice chat or anything when I do ranked matches.

First thing I usually do in a new fighting game is go into practice mode and get a feel for each character so I know who I want to git gud with and find 2-3 characters I like. I haven't played a GG since the PS2 days so y'know.

But fuck, I'm pretty pumped. Revelator looks fun as shit.

Do people still play USFIV on PC? I was thinking of picking it up since SF5 will never ever be good.

they are, at nights it sometimes gets hard to find matches, but you do find them at some point. Never have to search for longer than 1:30 mins to find a game.

If you get it just buy the base game, there are dlc unlockers that unlock all the shit for free.

This is nothing new.
These scumbags have been doing this for years now whenever an online poll like this shows up, pic related being the worst offender i have ever seen.
These fat piece of shit actually told his autistic fanbase to go to Sumo forums and vote spam him in the game at the expense of characters like Bayonneta, Segata Sanshiro and others.
In all my 500 online races i have seen exactly one person using him, so job well done i guess?

Which good fighting games can be found on GOG?

I don't like to pirate stuff with DRM

There's a petition to get Q into MvCI going around
change.org/p/capcom-put-q-in-the-roster-for-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite?recruiter=58180981&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

I like Q but he doesn't fit the gameplay style of MvC at all. I would much rather see him in a magical not shit version of SFV, or maybe Capcom admits SFV is permanently fucked and just updates SFIV instead.

You could argue that none of the characters from street fighter fit the style of MvC. Street Fighter is one of the least combo oriented fighting games out there.

He'd be garbage anyway

Didn't know WildTengu/RunningWild made mods.

Some dipshit e-celeb pulled his weight to get his ass on a game?
I want to say "fuck him and his fans" but I'll say fuck Sega for even humoring the hypothesis in the first place.
The silver lining might be that this was such a spectacularly shitty decision that no other dev will dare pull the same stunt.

I would never sign such a thing…because I like Q too much.

is that crystal boy?!

ayyyyyyyyy cobra is the best anime.

I'm glad the bears are back, there's a guy in my area who plays a mean Kuma, it's always fun going up against him. Now if they only brought my Lei back…

Speaking of Tekken, is there any place on the net with full movelists for TTT2?

I was one of the "NO KUMA NO BUY" people, since he's my main. My problem with this is if he's a console-exclusive with Lee and Miguel, all three will be just as bad as most of the Tag 2 dlcs. They won't be balanced around the default arcade roster.

With fighting games, what people want is what feels like a real opponent to play against.
Playing against a friend is good fun, but the real fun of playing against a friend is the IRL interaction, and playing a friend online isn't all that different from playing a random opponent online.
THEREFORE, if a fighting game had an AI that felt like a real opponent, it could be a sufficient replacement for online for most players. But most fighting games don't have that sort of AI in practice.

^If anyone disagrees with this logic, tell me why. The one thing I can think of that kills this logic to a fair extent is voice chat, but how many people here run voice chat when playing a fighting game against their friends online?

Who said anything about voice chat? Just treat it like a matchmaking platform if you're too scared to involve yourself with the group, plenty of people do.

no shit sherlock

Anyone know of any good places to watch Tatsunoko vs Capcom matches?

This is cool, might make for a fun project next year although I'm still married to controller.

From space pirate cobra?

Who else dislikes that color bar shit in the templates ?, these are yes or no questions, if i remove that ugliness will you use it on the next OP?
Its quite retarded tbh just like the template that smash fatgs tried to push that said "don't let anyone tell you what is or isn't a fighting game"

How's El in Revelator anyway?

dead on arrival i see

Quest mode in the Virtua Fighter games

That's not real thicc

Still S tier

He doesn't fit anything. Not even 3S.

No, they're not. They're all questions that could have "I like mostly A, but B from time to time is good" as answers. You can slap your answer to 0 or 11 if you like, but let the others put 3 or 6 if they want.

BULLSHIT
If blanka can be a street fighter character than so can Q.

And if blanka isn't street fighter compatible, what are your requirements for a street fighter character?

WHAT HAVE I BECOME

My sides and my soul. Both evaporated.

I don't even know how to properly react to this

Reminds me of when people thought they were making good AA2 characters.

Pumpkin biceps, folks.

I don't want to make games anymore if people are just going to mod it to look like this ;_;

what games were you making in the first place?

It really is a bizarre mixture of revulsion and morbid amusement. There's probably a German world for it.

Not what I uploaded but I guess it's appropriate.

please don't insult raijin by comparing her to that beat

Playing around with a couple ideas, all 3D related (fighting game, action-adventure, etc). Working on char model currently, wrote 3D engine from scratch, it's ready for initial prototype.

And I'm just kidding, I've spent far too many years studying 3D programming, modeling, animation, etc. to turn away from game dev now.
But someone do tell me, is this just people messing around or did someone actually think this sort of mod would be a good idea?

It did get me wondering how VW's characters might look in 3D. Xrd-style graphics might do the trick.

Judging by the "More from" thumbnails, I think some folks legitimately get off to this kinda shit.
There's some that you can tell it's just messing around like having one character model rigged with another's animations or swapping the model with a skeleton and then there's some really artsy shit like the Q/3S Alex/fixed Ken mods (by PFunkk) and, to a lesser extent, the guy who makes plain alternate costumes (BrutalAce).

Raijin a cute, though.

How the fuck do I do Chun Lis lighting legs without having a normal kick come out beforehand?

I wanted to webm the back to back Find Mes in the last set but twitch clips are too short. Samitto was playing out of his mind.

Hulkbuster Cammy?

At least, highlight the more aesthetic mods;

Hulkbuster Cammy?

At least, highlight the more aesthetic mods;

Some decent stuff in that gallery, but why did they mod it so that juri has no ass?

That's the default Juri ass. Deadendthrills is a "photographer"; he doesn't make the models or do modding; just take screenshots of it.

That is the joke.

The joke whiffed

What is the best version of Soul Calibur 2?

Got a question for you guys.
I don't play a lot of fighting games. Mainly stick to Guilty Gear because it's fast and doesn't bore me to tears. Still respect people who like Street Fighter though.

Is a keyboard a huge advantage over a gamepad? I played with some friends before, they had gamepads and I had a keyboard. I'm not even that good at fighting games, yet I constantly wrecked shit. I feel faster using one, particulary the directional input.

it's a miniscule advantage; nowhere near close to the advantage difference for fps games. besides, what if they never played fighting games regularly before? i assume you play guilty gear regularly, so you're instantly a lot better than them

Why it's so rare to see buff females in fighting games?
SF have been improving their ladies quite a bit, but really buffed ladies are extremely rare.
I mean, buff ladies are not that rare, and come in all the colors of the rainbow, and yet, fighting games usually don't have them.

Indeed, but tell me, what are the chances of a new Bloody Roar too?

Better question: If a new Bloody Roar actually comes out, what are the chances of it not being swarmed by furries?

Never change Japan

Better question would be if a tourney scene develops. Who is going to show up in a fursuit?

it's like playing a hitbox so it can be an advantage when it comes to stuff like IADs and having a wider spread hand while playing if that appeals to you.

Never ever

Oh it will come back user, don't worry.
Bloody Roar Pachinko coming soon!

Most fighting games are made by Nips, for Nips, and Nips don't like buff female characters because their tastes are shit.

The Xbox version could run at 720p and it both looks and runs better miles better the shitty HD re-release.

And while I still chuckle at the absurdity of Spawn in a Soul Calibur game, Link was single-handedly the best advertisement for SC2 back in the day. I don't think there's been a more well-received guest character in the franchise since.

Every day, it hurts a little more.

Daidouji in a 2D fighting game when!?

Suposedly, one of them was a pro that plays SF, KI and a few other fighters.
I pick up GG once in a while because I like Baiken.
I tried revelator, spent most of the time trying to figure out the specials without using the command list with character I never tried before (like Slayer or that cat thing with two big ass swords).
It started getting ridiculous when I landed an instant-kill and got two perfects, so we chalked it up to "keyboards are superior".

But to be honest, it shocked me that one of the veterans there that has been playing fightan games for years didn't know about input masking, so maybe they're just secretly shit and I'm actually a casual.

Well, Homura's in Nitroplus Blasterz. Maybe they can get Examu to make a proper Senran fitan game? I'd buy it.

As long as they don't use that trash Uppers design.

Nips are pretty much the only ones that even try. The only big girl I remember in western games was, what, Zarya? Sheeva was huge back in Armageddon, but they debuffed her badly.
And SNK had their chances, but I think they rewoerked Mary to make her more thin in later games.

By the way, sorry, but don't post Daidouji. Every time I see her in game model, I can't not get triggered.

Forgot about Sheeva. Another example is Vanessa. She got white and lost muscles. Her VF 5 version is much weaker

Fucking hilarious to see the tumblr whales rooting for her.
Then turns out, she's athletic and works for her gains. I had some fun trolling fat dykes with some Holla Forumsirgins when she was announced.
It helps that she's a pretty good character in-game too.

As ridiculous as this sounds, Muscle-girls are seen kinda like man-in-drag only in reverse.
Your straight-but-unsure friends are afraid to be seen doing something "potentially gay" and to them, there's nothing gayer than playing with a women stronger than them.

If they dropped their insecurities for instance, they'd come to appreciate that it's a character that's strong as fuck and can punch your skull of your head cleanly.

Dai has washboard abs in SK2 and slightly less noticeable abs in SK:EV, so they are at least working on it.

Why? Why they changed her so much between 2D and 3D! And they can't say it was because the game run on Vita hardware. Pic related!

I miss fun fighting games that don't take themselves seriously.

is this really the best image you could find

Please don't bully me, my pictures folder is a mess.

But user, it's [CURRENT YEAR]. Fun is haram.

I always wanted to eat Arina's asshole, and Dandy J's daughter? was pretty good too.
I have no idea who owns waku waku 7 now tho.

i told you it was stupid

i did an apng rip an AoF 2 stage for >>>/apng/, took me a whole day because i had to manually resize the screenshot camera for every frame, and had to do it 3 times because the stages don't fit whole on the screen, i believe the only correct way to do those is with the animation included

Nice work mate.

Ditto for Galaxy Fight and Astra Superstars.
But from a quick google, it looks like Sunsoft is still in the business. Kinda. A mobile shadow of its former self, apparently.

Hopefully snk can buy out ww7 from them.

Man just looking at that makes me remember how much I want a new Art of Fighting game.

Let them get the stuff they want to out of their systems (Garou 2, new SamSho, KoF XIV DLC or XV, Athena ARPG etc).
And on a more immediate future note, a 2002 UM port. Ditto for SSVS (Tenkaichi port was a bad idea IMHO; more isn't necessarily better).

For one, Daidouji didn't always have defined musculature. They've slowly added more muscle detail to her character art over time and it wasn't reflected in the games until SK2.
Secondly, all of the character use the same base body models, so her arms are everyone else's arms.

Lazy hacks.

That is not an excuse whatsoever. Her design is great, she is awesome but the developers should be slapped in the face by that PE professor from Akira multiple times for being lazy hacks, as pointed out.
The sad part is the fact I could not find a 3D model of her with the right body even from fans. But, just to keep the theme, here are some pictures of a guy who tried to create a 3D Amazon. He is called Zz2tommy.

That ass gap is legitimately disgusting.

Stop sexualizing jotaro.

Nicki Minaj got fucking ripped :^)
I'd much rather keep to the sanctity of blessed 2D and VWs sprite-wizardry.

Is that Little Berry cosplay??

So when will the FGC uncuck itself and realize SFV is a bad game?

When capcom stops funding tourneys. If there is no money it win, the FGC won't play it

Probably because the costumes were not custom made, it's a daz3d model.

Well, I like the idea of trying to put those crazy designs in 3D too. But here, let me give you some 2D.

user, it kind of already did. Have you seen those sale number? How people are not watching tournaments that much?
I bet that is one of the reasons they are trying to rush a MvsC game as fast as possible.

I guess but holy shit man some people are still cucks about it.
Fucking hilarious how offended some people in the FGC get when you even suggest SFV could be bad.

What's a good team formation for
Terry - Kyo - Kensou
in 98 and 2002?

Also will we ever get a kof 2002 UM FE?

I never really plan team formations, the only things I do is rushdown characters on point and/or my best character as the anchor. Either that or try to predict what my opponent will do and base the formation around the most beneficial match ups.

Shut it down

My Logitech controller died so I was stuck using keyboard. Once I put some practice in it was so much better that it's the only way I play fighting games now. Especially when using charge characters, with controllers I would always end up jumping and kicking like an asshole when trying to flash kick/any charge anti air, with keyboard I get it down with 100% consistency. Grapplers were impossible for me to play with controllers but I can do walking forward 360s now like it's nothing.

It improved my execution significantly, but maybe it's just down to personal preference.

I think they were on to something with AoF3, making it like a fusion of 2D and 3D fighting mechanics. Limiting special attack usage to a bar was a good idea IMO, it makes people focus more on actual up close fightan and forces you to choose between charging your bar, taunting, going for an OTG, etc. I would like to see how they expand on that with an AoF IV. Also nerf the fuck out of Desperation attack damage, goddamn.

1) Kensou, 2) Terry, 3) Kyo.

That's why I loved it so much. Any game where Taunting is a viable combat mechanic is a good game.

Reminder that all of this character's vehicles are all references to memes and most of his quotes are silly high pitched squealing noises. That's how devoid of a personality this is. I never heard of this person until the DLC hit and to this day I still never bothered watching one Yogscast related thing.

Fuck you, user. Fuck you to death.

I thought that was his wife.

Really enjoy WW7, and it's interesting to see there are a few little things here and there that probably influenced Guilty Gear. 'Dandy' who has his wife in the background ala Sharon, Rai has a move that is pretty much Slayer's Mappa Hunch, except Rai says Nappa Punch, Slash is Ky, there is a burst type of mechanic, Tesse throws out random objects like Faust… anyway I think Daisuke was probably playing a bit of WW7 when he thought up GG.

what if patricia got in?

Why Jean Réno ?

what characters do you think would've fit 3rd strike if they were added to it?
purely by design I think Laura, charlie, and sagat would've fit pretty well with their movesets redone to fit the 3rd strike playstyle.
I see a lot of sakura and juri 3rd strike fan art but I can't see them being in sf3

That was there forever.

Oh, you mean the one I wrote, despite never being a Smash player in my life and that was only there to promote /fighters/ and to tell how jack shit Holla Forums knows about fightans?

>>>/fighters/4434

Smash is objectively not a fighting game though. It also has an extremely low skills ceiling for a party brawler.

So is SFV, but the Capcom dick is always too tempting.

I'd probably actually use /fighters/ if you weren't so constantly butthurt over this thread

twitch.tv/getcovered/v/107088469
What a time to be alive.

There are two (2) Smash threads on the catalogue for you to shitpost in, and this is what you choose to do.

Smash is a moba styled platforming party game, not a fightan.

I thought it was a sumo platformer item game?

Let's break this down.
"Fighting".
Does Smash revolve around fighting? Yes.
"Game".
Is Smash a game? Yes.
Therefore, Smash is a fighting game.
Whether it's a good fighting game or not is a totally different story.

It's not just Smash, either- we hardly ever talk about the various fighting games that preceded Street Fighter, because they weren't particularly good or sometimes even didn't allow you to fight other human opponents, but they're still games that revolve around fighting.

Is Virtual On a fighting game?

No it's a Best game

Doesn't matter, it's cool as fuck and I miss it.

Is fighting force a fighting game?

There is no such thing as a fighting game.

You could have shilled /fighters/ without shitting on others. Why do you think I edited it out of the original template?

Virtual On seems dubious- after all, another major gaming genre is 'shooting games', and Virtual On seems to exclusively involve lobbing projectiles at one another, with no direct physical contact.
Fighting games in Japanese are called 格闘ゲーム - the term refers strictly to hand-to-hand combat, clearly differentiating it from from a game that doesn't involve any physical contact. The English term 'fighting' less clear, but the way people use the term 'fighting game' seems to line up with the way the Japanese use their equivalent of the term.

Under that (Japanese) definition, Fighting Force looks to be a fighting game, although not necessarily a good one.

But really, my point is simply that not every fighting game has to be a Street Fighter clone, particularly if you take the words 'fighting game' (or better, 格闘ゲーム) at face value.

Smash is a party fighting game. I don't play it and I don't particularly care for it, but it hardly matters if people call it a fighting game, does it? There are probably better places for Smashfags to talk about their game than this thread, since people here mainly talk about more traditional fighters, but is it such a dent to your pride to associate a game you don't like with a genre that you do?

Why do people not want it to be a fighter? I don't think it's confusing the genre, since FPS' can get away with all kinds of styles and games simply by sharing a perspective

Is Dark Souls a fighting game?

Because they're as autistic as some Smashers?
Smash is a fighting game, but there's no way I consider Smash as FGC related. FGC is the fighting games coming out of the Arcade scene. Smash grew in living rooms.

Arena fighter. plain and simple

why is quake or unreal called "Arena shooter"?
-lotsa of movement options
-huge emphasis on stage knowledge

melee
-lotsa of movement options
-huge emphasis on stage knowledge

your welcome

forgot to mention as great as melee is and as much as I've played it.
the community is one of the worst ones out there, and I completely blame the fact it's nintendo. if melee weren't nintendo and it's characters were just semi-copies ofthe characters in melee, I think melee's community would've been much better

By that definition, any new fighting game that isn't released on an arcade unit (in an age where arcades are pretty much dead everywhere except Japan) isn't FGC-related, since their first experiences playing that game will be in their living room before they ever go out to play it in a tournament.

Furthermore, you're not talking about simply releasing a game on arcade, but a community growing out of the arcade scene. The arcade scene is pretty much dead everywhere except Japan. So anyone overseas is going to be initially playing these games in their living rooms, not in an arcade. So is the FGC exclusive to Japan nowadays, since the arcade scene has died just about everywhere else?

I think the times have changed a bit for the definition you're using- in the western world, no matter what the fighting game (let's use Guilty Gear as an example), people buy a copy of the game, play it in their living rooms some, maybe play it online or with friends at their residence, then go out to locals and tournaments to be a part of the community if they so choose.

What the western FGC does nowadays (from the living room to locals and tournaments) is no different than what the Smash community does, although I certainly won't deny the Smash community being a bunch of autistic faggots.

SF4.

So that you understand why I'm debating this to such lengths, by your definition any fighting game I might try to make would not be a fighting game in your eyes, since I probably wouldn't be able to get it into an arcade. …Then again, I do know Japanese (passed JLPT N1 years ago, don't lump me with the nipponese thread fags), you never know…

Well, EVO was an arcade-only tourney before they had to go on consoles. And they still runs games on cabinet on main stage. Look at T7FR.
Every single big series in the FGC had at least an episode on an arcade cabinet. Even MK, KI, Pokkén… You could argue with Injustice as I could argue with SFxT or MvC3.
I never owned GGXrd in my life. I go to an arcade that runs console games on cabinets. 95% of my games was local on Sign.

No, no. Of course not. I'm not the one who decides what's a fighting game and what's not. I'm a Lethal League, TowerFall, Windjammers and Tetris players. I like competitive arcade games as a whole.
Even if your game will never have an arcade PCB, you can still make it so that it could be. Look at some Doujin games in Japan. Melty and Akatsuki were PC games before hitting the arcade.
I make a rift between what we can call Fighting Games, which means a LOT of things, and what the FGC plays. The FGC doesn't play Naruto and this is still a fighting game. The FGC runs Catherine tourneys and this isn't a fighting game nor an arcade game. But it did well by catching the arcade spirit, which Smash never did.
Also, Skullgirls has a Nesica version. So, you never know, maybe your game can hit the japanese arcades, one day.
I'm in the game design aswell. I do wanna know more, even tho I understand if you don't wanna write the concept here.

SFxT and MVC3 both had arcade versions

… No?

Yes?

Sauce.

Regarding your GGXrd/arcade experiences, you have got to be in the 1% of the western FGC or something. That's really neat tho, if only there was an arcade here in the middle of nowhere, I might be doing the same…

There's really only one great idea that I cannot talk about at any cost regarding my work, other than that I can talk about general points regarding the approach I'm looking to take for fighting game design…

For example, one thing I've put a lot of thought into is the balance issues many fighters run into with faster characters vs. slower characters.
Studying the problem, one really obvious thing that stands out is that the slower characters are often given plenty of both startup and cooldown lag. But the cooldown is what really sticks out like a sore thumb- lots of cooldown compared to the rest of the cast is a pretty telltale sign of a poorly balanced slow character.
During startup, your fighter is put in a threatening pose that signals to the opponent that they're about to attack, often keeping them scared. Whereas cooldown tells your opponent that you can't do anything- it's really just a big fat 'kick me' sign.
So startup is effectively harder for the opponent to punish, whereas cooldown very clearly has a negative effect on a move's usefulness the longer it lasts with no positives to it. So I think cooldown time needs to be given out to characters with much more caution and moderation than startup lag does.

On what you may perhaps see as the downside, I am looking to experiment with the formula for a fighting game a fair amount- even given a more traditional 2D fighter design (say, Street Fighter), I'm looking, for example, to see if I can't give the game some more depth or give the player some more control through the use of analog sticks and an analog range of velocity/position values in the code. (That's not to say I'm looking to make a Smash clone or platform brawler like Rivals of Aether- I want to try and create something that's different in a good way from anything else out there right now).

There's a lot of subtleties to fighting games, we could talk all night on the subject, but there's a few things I've been thinking about. I've been making more than thinking, though.

>>>/fighters/8537

Animated PNG!

To be honest, I kinda like the direction you're taking with this fightan template. Just give people a certain amount of slots, and let them fill it up with the 10 fighting games they consider the best/10 fighters they've played recently.

It's 12 slots. A team game takes 2 slots.
You can fill the 12 slots with solo games, tho.

ok then. Do you happen to have a template for your mains chart?

I've posted it in /fighters/
>>>/fighters/8537

New fighting game by former snk devs:
realotakugamer.com/unholy-night-new-fighter-for-snes-by-ex-snk-developers-announced

heh

Was it actually played for any fighting games?

Odd choice of platform in [CURRENT YEAR].

I…I really want to see some footage of this.

After so many years of playing fighters I can finally say I have decent execution.
Sound intentionally removed as I had game sounds off

Fighting games… sometimes I would like to understand why I love this genre so much if I'm so bad at it.

Okay, again, because I think this is worth talking about:
>twitch.tv/getcovered/v/107088469
Maybe this is just really weird to me since I'm not American, but what a time to be alive.

Will King Nigger ever get the fuck out?

Oh hey that looks really co-

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Where can I buy it and is it getting a physical release?

probably the most cringeworthy thing Ive ever seen broadcast on twitch. Poor Snake never stood a chance.

The art, the gameplay… It's easily one of the most dynamic genre.

Yes you enormous retard.

Nigga it was one of the reasons Street Fighter II got huge, had tons of SNK ports and a bunch of original fighting games. Killer Instinct started on the SNES.

As long as they don't make it broken with infinites 2002 Angel called and she won't hang up or buggy in other ways, I'd totally be interested in importing a copy if possible.

You said it yourself
For most people traditional fighters are the definition of fighting games. You don't see people talking much about Power Stone in these threads, do you? Notice how the most notable of 3D fighters discussed here are ones that handle like 2D fighter with side-stepping (Virtua Fighter, Tekken) with the one of the few exceptions in recent times being Pokken. These threads have pretty much always been about traditional fighters/whatever is popular with the FGC, not generalized towards all sub-genres of fighting games. On top of some rather petty community spats, the reason for Smash exclusion is because of just how much it completely clashes with the other games discussed.

Fightanfags honestly have no business calling out Smashbabbies - they're both sides of the same autistic coin.

I don't see a lot of people talking much about other things than SF.

It's digital download only for your SNES

Yeah, because we never talk about Guilty Gear or KoF. We seriously never talk about BB and I'm okay with that.

Speaking of SNK shit, who do I harass on some platform to pitch my shitty ideas to them. I want that Athena ARPG but I also want to rub the salt into Konami's wounds and have Whip in a Castlevania-esque game. Even better if it's actually just Metal Slug but Whip whips everyone.

There's more discussion in this thread on KoF, GG, and muscle girls than there is on SF.

Yeah. And on KI and MKX and Skullgi-… Oh…

Well that's what most homebrew devs do, just sell the rom so you can slap it in a flash cart. Not all of them make physical copies

BlazBlue>Guilty Gear any day tho

Don't bait like this, blazblue is my favorite fighting.

Man, I wonder what they'll do for the American Sports Team rigging.

I would not worry too much. CYS is ahead and, the USA team only had one chance.
Rock makes little sense since Geese in in the game, Adel would be much better. Hell, add Adel, his sister using the panther, and a new character or make Chizuru follow them around.

Whip and Shen are way too low and Ash is way too high.

yes

I hope they don't make him look like a tween, with what they've done with most characters.
I prefer his roided up look

Tell me about Adelheid. Why does he have a girls name?

at least your not a gato fan, I'm not even a Gato fan and I'm surprised he didnt even make top 10

At least they were on the poll. Mr. Big and Gai Tendou weren't even considered.

People don't want to talk about shit games nobody cares about. What a surprise.

That is a shitty game from a series that people actually do care about and had relatively high standard of quality for the most part, thus it is worthy of discussion.

Bitch please, the only thing worthy of discussion about SFV is the drama surrounding it.

Why are you using reddit spacing fam?

I'd rather discuss its competitors.
Anyone hoping for a Virtua Fighter game on PC some time soon?

More like the only discussion that doesn't get immediately bombarded with ">playing SFV"

>>>Holla Forums

Every single day I hope for it to happen soon. I haven't been able to play since my PS3 died

What does his post have anything to do with pol?

I'm sorry that reaction pics trigger you, redditanon.

MvC3 crowd are the worst. I used to show up for locals to play Skullgirls and whenever the MvC crowd showed up they would bring an unholy stink with them.

That is some prime mspaint autism you've got going on there son. Did the scary alt-right boogeymen touch you in the no-no place?

You sure that's not the MUH FGC crowd as a whole?

Underrated post.

EXPOSED
At least, I tried to down my leddit power level, but you, fam? Gahd…

At least you tried to hide it. That's good enough I suppose.

did someone say bears

Feels bad, my PS1 died the other week.

Depends on where you live I guess. At my locals, the few GG and SG players that show up are a pretty small group but aside from outbursts when someone gets comboed to death we're pretty alright. The larger games tend to bring in a more raunchy group and that's when I notice the body odor.

I'm not there on smash nights so I don't have much left to compare too.

From my experience, Smash always has that smell due to the sheer number of people there.

I like to talk about fightans.
Holla Forums was, is and will always be shit to talk about fightans.
/fighters/ was desperately empty. Some /fgg/ guys tried to give it some life.
This was 2 years ago. I hated leddit XD and I still don't like the site. But I became a ledditor, because of this very board and kinda this very thread.
Gosh, this thread is so cancer, r/Fighters is a little heaven compared to it.
I'd say just a little bit less cancerous than r/Kappa.
So yeah, I try to hide it, but I post and read more on leddit than on cripplechan, because you Holla Forumsirgins does't know the fuck you're talking about.

There's enough there that if he'd have held back and threw a little in, there'd be those to take the bait.
But he didn't throw the bait, he threw the whole bag of bread in without bothering to open the damn thing.

/fighters/ IS desperately empty, but that's not always a bad thing.

Very true. It could just be that the local scene here is primarily Smash players.

Oh, don't worry. People here are so hungry, they'll still bite through the plastic.
And /fighters/ is less empty than when /fgg/ created.

What the fuck does this post have to do with this thread in any way?

Trump.

Are you on the spectrum?

Well it's way easy to talk about niggers, here.

So funny I forgot to laugh.

And people still giving me (You)s for it.

I'll take that as a yes.

So, are you getting it tomorrow?

No. I'm picking Nitroplus Blasterz since someone gave me the 25% off coupon.

Christ I never knew that. Thats fucking awful.

You bought Skullgirls didn't you?

Why not both?

I just bought Rev on PS3 for like $15, so I am going to pass on the PC version.

I had the foresight to snag all the dlc characters when they were free.

All Skullgirls owners got the 25% off on Nitro+, and all Nitro+ buyers that didn't already have SG get a 75% off discount, I think.

I am a poorfag, but I am still debating getting Nitro+.
From dicking around in training mode and arcade, it seems okay, but I don't know if it is worth the 18 bucks I'd be paying for it post-steam funny money

No. My cousin who I added on steam owned skullgirls. He's also a furry now.
I'm not much of a fan of Guilty Gear, I'll probably pick it up once it goes 40 or 50 percent off

Fuck, that came out of nowhere and made me laugh

It was my first fightan

Did he switch from Zangief?

Using SFV USA players to promote Obamacare… so cringy

Lay off those 4am snacks

Here a little

How long until Capcom tries to do that Bethesda kikery of paid mods?

Why didn't they make a Neo Geo game instead? They are former SNK employees so they're really familiar with how to develop for it too, SNES is a very strange choice. Still looks good regardless.

Not a big GG fan and if it's not on a big sale then that's a hell no.

Has SNK released any pictures of Angel's tits with the new graphical enhancements?

Man I'm gonna pirate the shit out of this so I can play it on my PS2 to use my CRT

Not yet, all I could find is this snapshot of one of her new alts. There is also a Nigger alt but I can't find the picture.

This feels like a neat design challenge for [current year]. I'm sure they did it for other reasons but it reminds me of the guy who ported retro city rampage onto the NES or something like that.

That'll do for now, Satanon.

There were a lot of these on twitter but couldn't find nig Angel either.

(checked)
Nah nigga, they'll just steal the modders work and sell it as "DLC"

May as well report what I noticed

I know it's out there somewhere. I'm really liking maxima's new alts tho

Neat, maybe anti-airs will actually work reliably now.

They're probably going to do their own thing and it will end up being worse than the fanmade one. They're making a "legacy" costume for Alex but the fanmade went a slew of extra miles by both fixing his ugly mug and adding a version with his bomber jacket.
Gonna be funny to see them charging for stuff that's not as good quality as something one guy did for shits and giggles.

:^)

NIGGER
NIGGER
NIGGER
NIGGER
NIGGER
NIGGER
NIGGER
NIGGER
NIGGER

I think the bird is really back.

Considering the Akuma mod for Ryu already looks better than Akuma Matata, it's not really surprising or new.

I never really got the hang of her but I expect I'm going to be using her a lot more often.

I'm fine with the CYS team winning. You can't really call them the New Faces Team now, can you?

Let me be blunt, cuckchan's /fgg/ is the last group of people you want in the fighting game threads. They've become bigger shills for SFV than even Eventhubs or SRK.

Post 'arina ass 1.gif', please.

of courshe! 11 hours to go.

Should I drop Slayer for Testament?

When is the pc version coming out?

Will we get TvC style Giants in MvCI or are they too busted/easy?

I wouldn't mind them returning. PTX-40A was stupidly fun in TvC and I wouldn't mind something like a Rathalos being playable.

Still wouldn't play the game unless there was a pc version I could pirate tho.

There's going to be a Steam version which means you can probably pirate it rather easily.

Nice I didn't know there was an actual steam version confirmed, thought that was only for UMvC3.

So, I've been trying to sit down and learn how to play some of the older MvCs, mainly 1, at a competent level lately, to get myself acclimated somewhat to some of the mechanics changes that are coming in MvCI like how OTGs work. Does anyone know where I'd find FBA cheats to be able to train with? Googling hasn't come up with shit.

So i finally have the money for nitroplus blasters but i am having second thoughts, how's been your online experience anons?

Anyone have any advice for playing Baiken in +R?

Too bad, Juri is gay for Cammy

Top or bottom?

streetmodders.deviantart.com/art/Supreme-Jiggle-Physics-650932751
HAHA

Juri is the dom on top (see x-teal2 fan-art)

Because she's a sadist?

But she's probably bottoming over Seth's grey dick.

If they are giants, they better fucking fix teching their throws. Needing to do a 360 against a throw-loop giant is horse shit.

Someone making a new thread? That other one that was made 4 days ago is an atrocity.

Also for anyone who's buying GG Xrd Rev on Steam the pricing is currently fucked up so watch out. Delux edition isn't 10% off like it's supposed to and it also affects the complete the combo deluxe bundle. It should be 19% off instead of just 10% off.

Wait until page 13 until we make a new thread. Also someone posted a pastebin for the OP, so all you really need to do is just update that, and we should be fine. In other news, Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator in now out on PC.

The pricing issue is now fixed. If you own SIGN on Steam you get the Deluxe bundle for 48,59€ so 19% off. You NEED to buy the "complete your collection" bundle to get the extra 10% from owning SIGN, just buying the "standalone" Deluxe edition only gives you the launch 10% sale. I swear they couldn't have made this any more complicated. I feel sorry for the people who bought it right away and hope they realise they can refund because of the pricing error.

I fell for it. Am currently waiting to see if I can get a refund. GODDAMNIT, nothing would ever go smoothly, would it?

I think you've all been reading too many doujins.

This thread is on page 13 now. Should we make a new thread?

go on then you rascal

Well, there's a Xrd thread going on . So, I'll redo the pastebin on and make a new general. I want to reply for days.

Fuck that bot that kept me from posting here. The captcha didn't appear so I had to just watch the shitposting happening here.

NEW THREAD