Saturday Night Horror Thread

Here we go again.

Might continue the Ito dump from last week later on.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/young-adult-paperback/?module=DropDownNav&action=click®ion=navbar&contentCollection=Books&version=Childrens&referrer&pgtype=Reference&_r=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have Obscure in my library but never played it. Shill me the game, anons.

Is this real?

Yes.

Jauffre would be the one to know. He lives quietly as a monk at Weynon Priory, near the city of Chorrol.

Its short though. The author of that game made better game about slenderman. He only makes games on duke nukem 3d engine.

http:[email protected]/* *//games

I think the guy's russian (maybe?). And a fan of undertale garbage, is in making of Undertale 3D right now.

THat pretty cute for you to ask.

>nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/young-adult-paperback/?module=DropDownNav&action=click®ion=navbar&contentCollection=Books&version=Childrens&referrer&pgtype=Reference&_r=0

Nothing
Wanted to try to get the good ending in SH4, the only one I only unlocked the bad one
Eventually, it's not gonna be soon though
Because they're annoying and your regular gamer would bitch at them. I think a well done invisible enemy could be pretty spooky
The latter

That game is really fun if you play multiplayer, it's still alright to play it solo.

fuck me

Based on the new secret ending in the latest game; No, the autism train has no break.

I've already seen the cards in some ebgames.

Glad this thread was saved, I couldn't for the life of me post in it last night because of the retarded captcha.

RE0 HD and Dead Rising 1.
Outlast and Corpse Party. Outlast feels too much like a haunted house ride at times with how scripted it is, and Corpse Party has an interesting story so far but man it can be annoying to play. Especially trying to skip texts when you're lead into bad ends.
I have a feeling it'll end after the movie comes out, those are usually released at the peak of somethings popularity.
There was Enemy Zero on the Saturn, granted that came out almost 2 decades ago
I'm too skeptical. VR is a new tech and seems limited so far to light-gun tier shit, at most we'll only get walking sims. I'm also scared that if an Ayylien Isolation or Evil Within sequel were to happen, they would be forced to use VR.

That being said though, I think it'd be cool if House of the Dead got a sequel in VR.

Amazingly, it explains how the golden bonnie suits lightbulbs ended up in the eyes of the wearer, because he was already a rotted skinsuit at that point.

Eveything was perpetrated by the guy who shot himself in FNAF world and Purple guy was the one cleaning up his messes, and he was mistaken for his dad, and killed, coming back because he was innocent and cleaning up after his dad, then getting Springtrapped by the dead spirits.

It's all rather bizzare, but Scott really did well with it, he hinted it in the counting game, naming schemes, houses, layout in sister location and a fuckload more.

Though to be honest, I'd rather Scott have finished the series in a massive kickstarted ps1-esque game with controls like resident evil set in a Fredbear themepark that has pizzerias and tasks for the player to perform like sister location but with free roam and of course, the roaming animatronics, in which it's a matter of maintaining them, and discerning if the animatronics are possessed or not to see if they're safe to approach before taking defensive measures.

Final level would be the opening of the old fazbear exhibit, with Springtrap being carted in and breaking out of it's exhibit, and unlike the other animatronics, which are made up of rules that people can put off as just a product of their makeup opposed to supernatural activity, Springtrap is blatantly a horrid possessed skinwalking undead construct out to wear you or just fuck you up.

Albino Lullaby
Doom
They're annoying.
It will produce dizziness from always checking behind your back.

Yeah, it was a pretty decent build up for everything regarding the purple guy. It just ended up cranking up the possible theories to 11; like Mike Schmidt = the purple guy, or how he relates to the FNAF4 protag.

I just want off the autism ride, but the lore keeps pulling back in like a retarded child

So, anyone up for an Ito dump?

I can not for the sake of my dear life remember where we left off last time

Well, I guess that's a no then.

I don't really care but whatever keeps the thread alive

Oh well, might as well drop one chapter and see whether I get the cane for it.

For those who weren't here for the last thread - Kari and Koizumi are a pair who recently went on vacation in Okinawa. They eventually got stalked by bio-mechanical abberations that fuse fish and a mechanical chassis together. Soon after, hordes of these things began flooding the entire island and the two protagonists returned to Tokyo, but alas, it appears that the fish have followed them there too - including an entire white shark that they barely managed to knock out.

Why is amnesia so shit?

Amnesia actually is decent, imho. Not a great game by any means, but people primarily just shit on it because it was prime material for YouTube e-celebs.

Also, it's Tadashi and Kaori, actually. Fucking Nippon names, how do they work.

Of course it will, but it will be around 6-7 years. In the meanwhile, just hope it sparks interest in the horror genre. Some good might come out of it.

Well, skipped a panel

AIIIIEEEE lmao

Nothing good came out of the wake of the Minecraft autism because Minecraft had already done it about as well as could be done. FNaF however, is a shitty game that can be programmed in an afternoon. Expect a huge calvacade of games trying to cash in on DEEPEST LORE Horror games, and I'm betting there will be some good ones to come out because it's easy as fuck to be better than FNaF.

Sorry, but all I can see coming from this is more furry shit and painfully bad fanfics.

I think creepypastas on shit like Jeff the Killer and the yaoi fanfics that followed spoiled the well. Also I dunno where this Junji Ito story is going, but it is pretty spooky.

Robo-Zombie-Fish? In MY cabinet?!

It's actually fairly tame for the next few chapters, but fuck does it get grotesque at the end.

But seriously, I miss oldschool style Point n' Click Horror Adventures. Scratches kind of scratches (HUE) that itch, but it's rather lackluster when it comes to several game design choices, the prime being that you often have absolutely no idea wft you are supposed to do.

I'd honestly rather have five nights at fuckface reduce minecraft to a forgotten pile of dust if only because it would hurt microsoft and raise Notch's blood pressure one step closer to a coronary.

I've mostly forgiven him due to his high level of bantz.

The man's done working for the rest of his life. He now spends his waking hours on Twitter trolling SJWs by responding to their complaints about him mansplaining that they are cuntfusing.

At the same time I wonder what having 2.5 billion dollars would do to you. I genuinely wonder if it would just fuck you up because you just get tired of life when you reach the goal of getting to the top. That's also not taking into account the huge number of friends and family coming from everywhere to take advantage of you.

no amount of words on twitter stops the fact he's a fat cuck faggot who supports the destruction of western civilization under the guise of being totally above it all and not affected by it despite spending a lot of time saying as such.

I didn't want to sleep anyways.

If it helps, remember that 99% of all horror related deaths can be avoided by not being completely fucking retarded.

I think Notch as a high-functioning autist really even grasps this concept. He's like an oversized child.

It only gets better.

You mean like not tumbling over when the evil killer is slowly walking towards you?

continue nigga

But walking towards that completely ominous light/sound sounded like a good idea!

Science will cost you a leg and an arm. Especially an arm.

Also, why on earth has there not been a single good horror game about cave diving? Imagine - stuck in some underground waterway. You can barely see shit, the only way up is blocked by several metric fucktons of solid stone, and you're running out of oxygen.

So he cut off his hand instead of… cutting off the damn thing?

It always annoys me when they make retarded decisions and the writers don't even think of justifying it. Shit like losing their daughter to the ethereal force is a perfectly valid reason to do dumb shit if it might get her back.

He basically had to amputate his arm because the infection otherwise would have spread across his entire body. Why in the living fuck he thinks keeping the thing around as a pet is everyone's best guess.

When in doubt, you can always say the character in is cuh-rayzee, but yeah - there's a different between being reckless and between having no motive for a particularly stupid action.

Now we're getting somewhere. But again, this still is fairly tame compared to stuff in the later chapters.

RUHROHH!!

'What is going on?' indeed.

This sums up just about every work of Ito in the first place.

What the fuck

Welcome to Itoland. Enjoy the wild ride.

Why you got to make me sad user?

So if these were intended to be used by cats, and dogs why are there ones big enough for a fucking whale? And why didn't these stupid machines rust while in salt water?

All life is suffering friend.

But seriously, I only saved that pic because these thin, tall strider monsters. These things from Dead Space 1 that sounded like moaning whales and consisted of multiple smaller monsters made me shit bricks like you wouldn't believe

The intent of the original creator is not always the intent of those who use his creation. Also, something something special alloy.

im playing the evil within
just getting real tired of the gas bullshit, i try to pick up the valve on the counter to beat the level but no prompts come up like its a non-pick upable object
also the mutant dog where the sebastians cute partner loses his glasses was a dissapointingly easy fight. i dont really feel like there's any risk or being scared in this game because everythings so easy even on the hardest difficulty.

That's probably because they need to account for the fact that you barely have any bullets.

Okay I will take the first answer, but a special alloy. Bullshit, if they developed something like that it would have been used on all their ships. Not on some mechanical spiders that move with farts.

I dunno, that's exactly what I'd use it on.

When the prototypes got sunk they fell right outside a thermal vent that was spewing an aqueous solution containing in a rare alloy :^)

Poor Kaori.

I blame the casuals.

To be entirely fair though, survival horror can be a pain in the ass to balance - say you fuck up in the early part and waste too many resources, and you can get to a point later in the game where you drive yourself into a dead end because you don't have enough ammo/medikits/whatever. Conversely, shit can be too easy if you are good at rationing stuff.

Who said the alloy is man-made? But seriously, I don't know whether it's an alloy or not. It's just a horror manga for christs sake.

fucking ito end of world scenarios can be beaten except for hellstar remina

Fact: "Gashunk" is the anatomically correct noice for a White Shark on a biomechanical exeskeleton while moving.

This will be the final chapter for today. It's soundly approaching 5am over here.

Is this the end of our brave hero?

Now that spider squid is pretty cool. Why hasn't that been done more?

Because Japanese primarily associate squids with food and/or tentacle rape?

So why hasn't it been done more?

I dunno.

I've seen the picture of the Shark breaking down a door almost as long as I've been using the internet. I want to see that page in context so badly.

Should have been in the last thread then.

This basically sums it up. It's the same Gashunk shark from

Wait, that's it? He just falls into a pit of fish machines and nothing else happens?!

The story does not end there. But I'm heading to bed in a bit. You can always read the 10 remaining chapters yourself.

You blue balled everyone last time to.

I'm no expert on Junji Ito, but I hear his stories end in a somewhat anti climatic matter. Granted I thought the DDR one was pretty good.

Just google it, for fucks sake.

Ito is notorious for this. It's the original source of the "FUCKING ITO" meme.

Makes me wonder how Silent Hills would have turned out if Ito was involved.

Weird, very weird.

I'm still angry as fuck over Konami dooming the entire project. You had Junji FUCKING Ito on board as a designer, but no, gotta have more fucking pachinko machines.

If nothing else, there's a bit of karmic retribution in that the Japanese are discussing legalizing gambling again, which would deal a crippling blow against Pachinko parlors, given that they basically thrive from circumventing the law.

It's not even just that Konami shut down the project, but it's how weird they acted last year. You have Del Taco and Norman Reedus attached to the product, that would make any fucking investor or fan happy and interested, but they tried to wipe any evidence of that existing off the face of the earth on top of removing it from the playstation store. And to rub salt into the wound they basically went insane, treated its employees like dogshit, went bipolar about whether it still wanted to make AAA console games or not, invested in Pachinko when its on its way out it seems, I'm just fucking mad and confused on top of that when Metal Gear Survive seems to be consolation.

The cherry on top to me is that Metal Gear Survive looks like it could be a good game if it weren't being crammed into the Metal Gear universe.

I still find it out that they supposedly all did this because the Konami CEO had beef with Kojima. Like, I can understand they held a grudge against each other, but how does this justify raping an entire franchise to death, even with the entire "saving face" thing you have in Asian countries?

Not even raping an entire franchise to death, an entire company. I still dont get why, did Kojima want to stay out of the yakuza factory people joke about Konami becoming?

These dubs might be onto something.

By short do mean I could finish in 20 minutes to a couple of hours or do you mean short relative to the length of Yume Nikke?

I think there's like 1/6 of Yume Nikki's full content.

That's still a fair chunk. I'll give it go sometime soon.

GASHUNK

It's okay. Jumping in yume nikki feels weird though. I think jumping should have been an effect.

I really want to play Dread Out but the only DRM-free version I can find is on some shit called Playism. Has anyone used this shit before?

Is Outlast actually any good? I figure that this would be the best place to ask.

It has an interesting introduction, with great graphics for a lower budget game. The main issue though is that at the start of the game it throws so much jump scares at you that it sort of ruins the mood.

No idea, I only know them by virtue of them hosting the La-Mulana 2 demo.

It's scary until you realize every monster is the same pattern of "walk towards the narrow corridor it can't follow you through". Batteries for nigh vision should have been scarcer.

That's a shame, I was thinking of giving it a go before the sequel came out. I guess I'll just have to pirate it sometime to play with my friends.

The answer is explained at the end of the book as Nanomachines that were built for bacteriological warfare and self adaptive technology. The only "failure" it has is the whale as otherwise the nanomachine virus does it's job; conquering humans.

Kanoguti be crazy

This is how genious people die. Mp3 player my ass.

?

Did he stop making his horror shorts for that…thing?

My favorite game is Splatterhouse. Splatterhouse is a really great game. In Splatterhouse, you fight all kinds of monsters. Some monsters that you fight are ghosts. Some of them are zombies. Another kind of monster you fight are dogs. The monster dogs that you fight are also zombies. Also there are bats, and birds. There are worm monsters called "bore worms". They look like worms, and they bore into people. You wear a mask that looks like a hockey mask. It is similar to a Friday the 13th hockey mask. There are five Splatterhouse games. My favorite Splatterhouse game is part one. My second favorite Splatterhouse game is the Famicom (Japanese NES) one, which is like a cute parody. It is not so hard if you use passwords but can be challenging if you try to beat it without dying once. It is a very Splatterhouse 2 and 3 are tied. Those are Sega Genesis or "Mega-drive" games. The newest Splatterhouse is just called "Splatterhouse". It is a remake, in 3D. It is ok but not as good as the other ones. However you can also play the old Splatterhouse games on it. It does not have Famicom Splatterhouse, however. Also they changed some of the cutscenes in Splatterhouse 3 because of copyright issues. The cutscenes in Splatterhouse 3 had digitized photos of actors and they could not secure the rights to those so they had to be left out. They replaced them with drawings that are not as good but still pretty nice. Overall I like all of the games in the Splatterhouse series though. I can beat all of them except for the 3D one which I stopped playing because it was too boring. They are all very challenging games though. There is a nice rom hack of Splatterhouse 2 that changes the colors in it and makes the graphics look nicer. When I play Splatterhouse 2 that is how I like to play it. Also there was a port of the Splatterhouse arcade game to the Turbografx-16 or "PC Engine" as it is known. It is pretty good and pretty accurate to the original arcade game. However it is much easier. There is a secret hard mode in this port. It increases the number of hits it takes to defeat enemies. However, I would still consider the original arcade game to be much more challenging in my opinion. Being harder does not always make a game better but it is important for there to be a good challenge in an arcade game. Splatterhouse 2 is even more challenging than the original if you ask me, if you use the highest difficulty settings. You have to do a lot of memorization in that game, if you want to win. Splatterhouse 3 is also a very good challenge. Splatterhouse 3 is more like a beat em up or "belt scroller" similar to Final Fight or Double Dragon. It is a good game but overall the original is till my favorite one.

Very Informative, there is one spot where it looks like you combined two sentences but other than that it looks good. Submit it on blackboard as soon as you can, and I'll see you in class after the break.

Just completed Through the Woods. And i don't even consider it a horror game in retrospective. Shit's been scary for a couple of moments but the game falls into Soma territory - tries to be spooky but just plain fucking isn't.

Loved the story though and the setting was very exotic. Fucking love scandinavian legends and mythos shit - that was part of the reason i played it in the first place.

The fuck is this

Some horro-short by a Korean (I think) fellow named Kanoguti. Not really a game - you basically have a zoetrope which you can spin forward and backwards at varying speeds with accompanying music. The entire zoetrope consists of faces which get increasingly decayed the longer you spin it.

Everything seems to be going the whole SOMA/Amnesia route now when making horror games. There never seems to be too much build up of tension anymore.

How so? In that they throw out loads of cheap jumpscares to appeal to lets players?

Pretty much. Most horror games nowadays lack good build up of suspense and tension due to shit sound and level design. You also see many monsters that just seem to try to hard when trying to be scary.

Don't forget the constant loud noises and sudden violin shrieks. Maybe they do it due to a small budget but it still could be handled better, even then some RPG maker-tier games handle creepy atmosphere and story telling better like Corpse Party, granted I sorta hate the game part of that.