Class Switching

I need a game with calss switching and lots of classes to switch to and from. I know about bravely default, FFIII and FF:T but I want more.

I like being able to change that stuff in case I get bored or it seems like a good idea at the time.

Literally a PS2 game ported to the PS4.

Still liking it so far though.

Its probably been over a decade since I logged into RunEscape whats the account deletion policy?

rape robutts

Wild ARMS XF for the PSP is a strategy RPG with a really robust class system.

There's also FF5, FF10-2 if you can stomach the cheesy elements of that game's setting and story, FF14 but that's an MMORPG, FF11 which has private servers floating around, and Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together and Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis.

i thought it was good

FFTA 1 & 2, FFX-2 and FFXIV :^)

And its my favourite RPG too, still though I really do need to play FF5 sometime soon.

MMORPG*

I am retarded.

Or that user's post, he's more complete than mine.

bump

The nice thing about TO is the fact classes have their own separate levels to characters.

many of nis strategy rpgs have incentives to reincarnate to different classes, collecting abilities or just for a stat boost.

Semi-related, but does anyone have any of those charts with like 100 different job classes on them complete with little dudes drawn for each one?

Is FF14 an actually good MMO or is it just the least stinky shit in the pile?

I find it quite fun

I love this character style so goddamn much. I want a thousand of those tiny guys on my desk.

Fantasy life has a few (though there are more non combat classes if you combine the crafter and gatherer classes) though it's fairly grindy.

As someone that hates MMOs, I had fun with it. I refuse to pay a monthly subscription fee for a game without Oceanic servers though, and I'm always dying to lag, which is apparently a problem for some people who don't have a 200+ ping.

Fantasy Life is also super comfy. Would recommend.

It sure is.
To be semi fair i only got a 3ds like 4-5 months ago. Though i did get all gatherer classes and archer to master and are pretty much halfway with all the crafter classes.
**The little performance when you get to master is pretty good addition.

I believe Australia/New Zealand play on… Tonberry(?) I want to say it is. It's a JP server co-opted by oceanic players.

fug

Yeah that's the one I played on. The ping dropped by about 50-100 but it was still too high to be useful in a boss raid.

You mean the song? I have played fantasy life and I loved everything except for the main story. I do remember becomming a master paladin and hearing vid related and feeling really proud of myself.

I played a bit of Fantasy Life and enjoyed it a first, but I gave up on it when I realised that most of the classes work the same. Every crafting class does the same minigame, the combat classes just have to go kill 5 wolves or whatever.
The game is mostly about grinding. I didn't dislike it, but the classes didn't feel different enough to hold my interest very long.

Oh, the game is pure grind. I played a little bit every day during my lunch breaks at work, and it never bothered me much. As something that you sit down and play for several hours at a time, I could definitely agree that it's a tedious grind.

Don't know much about it, but Final Fantasy Explorers has a bunch of jobs. Other then that all I know is it was trying to be Monster Hunter or something.

Yeah Final Fantasy Explorers is a quite brazen Monster Hunter knockoff, save for you hunt eidolons/summons instead of bigass animals. Main differences are that equipment impacts stats rather than pure attack/defense/HP (so you've got magic to worry about), equipment has different skills between them rather than different movesets, class abilities (which are anywhere between one to three unique abilities that may impact how the rest of your learned weapon-skills work, ie Dragoon has Jump in addition to Spear skills), and a goofy little limit-break function that uses captured eidolons and gives you their abilities, so once you break, whack on stuff enough and then get access to the ability you can use Ramuh's Judgment Bolt and so on.

It's decent but soulless, you might get ~100 hours out of it compared to thousands MH will give you if you get really autistic about it. It's nice to see Tactics jobs like Machinist and Sage pop up though.

If you don't mind shitty MMOs, I used to like a game Called Eden Eternal, a lot, since you can pretty much change to all the classes in the game. I don't know what's the state of the game right now, but it was fairly enjoyable back then. I think it was sadly pay to win, but since it's mostly PvE and the PvE content was enjoyable, I hope you like that If you decide to play, I might join you

I played that whit my brother and got bored quite quickly. I did find it weird monsters dont give XP but you only get that through quests.

I don't remember that at all. Although, I do remember trying to play a few months ago, but the server kicked me out too much, so I dropped it again. Too bad, though, the class system was top notch.

With*

I spent time thinking that "whit" looked retarded but I still posted it because plot twist i am the retarded.

what?

I think the bots are on the loose again since the captcha was removed

The nuclear option:
FFXI

Bots were on the loose with captcha removed

Without

(sieg heil)
how do I know you are not a robot?

you don't

Lost opportunity. But the addition of Blue mage redeemed itself. Wish BLU is in FFXIV since the job in FFXI was perfect.

Cheese?

When you get around to playing FF5, be sure to get the GBA version; it has even more jobs to fuck around with, plus bonus dungeons and shit

Already 4 hours into teh Snes version, funny thing is I did accidentally download the GBA version but I was going for the SNES.

How many new jobs does it have?

Make sure to get the sound restoration patch though. Square somehow fucked up on the sound and the problem with the new jobs is that you get them a good way into post game.

FF12 IZJS

Can't switch jobs mid-game unless you use an emulator with cheats though.

Dragon Quest has a job system in some games. Off the top of my head 3, 7, and 9, although in 9 it's pretty awful because you have to start from level 1 in every new class, not to mention being able to reset the class level to 1 if you max it just to get better treasure maps or some shit I dunno.

There's also some mobile FF game that was done by the guy who made FF4 and other non-shit games like Chrono Trigger and Live A Live, I think it's called Dimensions in English.

I 100%'d that game, it's definitely interesting, but I would never recommend it unless you want to play an NES game. I'm glad the Bravely games are a different kind of terrible.

the latter. it's essentially on par with WoW circa 09 or so but yeah that's how low the bar has been set these days.

6 has one as well and it's pretty much exactly the same as 7's.

It's a pretty flawed game but you can swap classes pretty freely without much worry from what I've heard and there is still some fun to be had

The Narikiri Dungeon subseries of Tales allows for switching the protagonists' classes out when you switch to different costumes, and usually feature various other Tales characters as possibilities to have in your party too (who can't switch away from how they're meant to handle). Unfortunately, none of that subseries of games have seen an English release, but I think ND2 on the GBA has a partial patch that technically makes it playable, and NDX for the PSP is slated for a fan-translation by Absolute Zero in the future (though it's going to have to wait until after both ToD DC and ToPX). Though if you know moon by any chance I suspect that's not going to be a big issue.

Granblue Fantasy

Guild Wars didn't allow you to switch Primary Profession - that was set to your character - but you could swap your secondary profession whenever you wanted after unlocking the option to do so.

I always hated class switching because its basically a cop-out.
Instead of making a truly modular system and getting out of this stagnation they inflicted on themselves by sticking to this "class" system and now they're trying to weaken its overwhelming effect on players.

What games have actual goddamn no-class systems? Anything that isn't too binding works.

I was very young when I first played guild wars, I didn't even know english. By exploring and through chance I did unlock elementalist for my berserker though and I thought it was teh greatest MMO ever being a warrior with a huge axe casting fire rain everywhere.

shit was cash.

you ever tried Risen/gothic?

FFV
DOMO (Dream of Mirror Online)

normal levels are effected by what class you chose

Yes, but you can still play well enough even if you fucked up for 100 levels as the wrong class. Minmaxing is a fun optional thing, not required.

second bump

It has been a long fucking time since I've seen that game brought up.

Otherwise my vote is for FF14 if you have the income.
FF10-2 and 13-2 otherwise.

Agarest Senki: Mariage. You only have a few jobs, but all 4 characters get different abilities for each job.