Devil May Cry

Will we see a proper sequel to DMC announced next year?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_3:_Dante's_Awakening
capcom.co.jp/devil4se/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They made Nero too much of a bitch but I still like him.

He had a lot of potential and Red Queen gives him some depth.

Not enough screenshots ITT.

can someone explain when did virgil the virgin fuck a human woman?

renewal started way earlier than 2013

Nobody cares about that, most racing games are jampacked with motion blur.

Fuck you

There's never been a good devil may cry game

Kyle the Hedgehog

Are the nonsensical posts ITT the spam everyone's talking about or something else?

yes

Go find another girlfriend because mine just exploded.

The random posts are spam. Sometimes it blends in too well though.

Yes, because the basic building block of gameplay, the so-called "core game loop", is short for most games. E.g, in a game like GTA the core gaming loop is drive to the mission marker-drive to where the mission takes place-shoot somebody-lose your wanted level (with some variations) is roughly 20 minutes long. Imagine following a story with 20-minute story arcs.

Yeah I'll take it if you don't mind

[email protected]/* */

How the fuck would they even manage to get your card information through the site?

You probably know it but total war Warhammer is like that. You should look at the king Arthur's game too

Jesus

Never played these games before. Just looked up some gameplay of Covenant and it looks interesting. But online the cheapest copy is $25. Is it worth that much? Or does it run well on pscx2?

Devil May Cry

It's Bui's shitty spambot

So you're saying the game should have just been linear just to appease your autism about the """""stakes"""" of the story? Who gives a fuck if the game lets you PLAY it, cuz you know a video GAME should be about GAMEplay

the day-to-day sidequest stuff that let you feel like Witching was your actual job was the best part of Witcher 3, they could have dumped the Ciri stuff entirely t b h, the worst part of Witcher 3 is how adherent to the books it is

Assassin's Creed is dogshit.

Stop playing shitty multiplayer games.

I do not want a true sequel to DMC 1 because I don't think DMC 1 is very good in the first place. DMC 2 was really a sequel to DMC 1, it was just shit and people didn't realize that DMC 1 was also pretty bad, and in hindsight comparing DMC 3 and 4 to 1 is pretty unfair, but 3 and 4 are superior spectacle fighters

impressive display of wasting dubs

Is there any way to counter when you hit at the same time as an enemy? Like when you counter the reaper by hitting at the same time it strikes, can you actually get out of it with an attack or with rebellion is it just always going to hit at the exact same time even when mashing for speed?

It's a better fucking name than character action, nigger
that's any game, it's the same vague thing as RPG being used for only fantasy games when all games with a character that is made for you with a role that you have to adapt to or you make a character with a role you would like to play fit the description of "role playing game"

Stylish action, the term has been around for 15 years

I have never ever heard stylish action before.

Then you are very, very new

This is amazing. I didn't even know you could deflect Lady's firearms.

no john, u r the newfag

not with the current year+1 crapcom

Of course, right after darkstalkers, trust me i am insider.

For someone so concerned with fitting in you could lurk more

We're definitely getting more DMC soon.

DMC1 is good for its atmosphere/visual design/boss design. The gameplay has aged very badly.

You can hit it, but then it'll just hit you. If you clash 5 times in a row it'll stagger and teleport away. It's better to jump straight up through the counterattack or royal guard it. Other enemies work differently.

I got style switcher music modding to work, have some lukewarm gameplay to accompany it. This is just a ploy to get someone better than me to post something

please god no

here's hoping it's by Itsuno.

He fucked a prostitute.
It's part of why Nero is shunned.

I was wondering, now that I have a powerful enough PC, I'd like to play DMC3 at 60fps, so it is better to use a gamepad or the keyboard?

pad, keyboard if you're asian

I'm ashamed that I don't have any of the SSS footage saved on this computer

hey, I played keyboard just fine, and I'm a fucking american mutt

It comes down to preference really, unless you want to be a combo god in which case there's only one correct answer and that is Dualshock 3-4 using clawgrip.

You need to fix the issues it has since it's an abysmal port.
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_3:_Dante's_Awakening

I thought I'd heard of some people using fightsticks for the same reason

Isn't it justy better to emulate the PS2 version, then?

I was planing to use a DS3, yeah. I see the fightsticks and the clawgrip as basically the same thing, although the fightstick could have more buttons on top, so it would be better.

Style Switcher fixes basically everything. There's nothing you can do at a manual level that's going to be a better fix than that mod.

>Made by modern day capcom
Why should anyone care?

Yes if you care for purity of experience, in which case HD Collection, PS2 and Emulation are the way to go.

The PC version has it's problems but 90% of them are solved by installing the style switcher. Not to mention that you push the game to it's limits

I'm still pissed about that. Annoyed me enough to not even bother playing through the rest. Fuck Capcom.

I thought it was supposed to be a really good port

OK so forgive me for going to the Devil May Cry Reddit but it is usually the first place where news of any kind is posted.
I took this screen shot a month ago now the guys account is deleted.

Now this guy posted this shit and he has zero sources or evidence to back any of this up so take it with a grain of salt.
But there is some logic here if this is true.

mm

Sure as hell didn't seem like that to me. Even the first one (didn't play DMC2, I gave up before that) seemed to have the least amount of effort put into it before it was thrown on the disc. Sure, it didn't need much, but they made sure not to put in any extra effort.
Apparently not everyone had the out of sync audio issue, but nothing I did managed to fix it. If you can't put the least amount of effort into QA on a fucking HD port then fuck your shit nigga I'm never buying games from you again unless you start shitting out gold nuggets.

Gee I wonder why.

Platinum Games have gotten kinda samey.

Plus when most people think about DMC they think about 3-4 which were directed by Itsuno.

They could be working on it but I wonder where they could take the series.

The combat with Dante is as good as it's going to get so the most they can do is add new weapons and styles and they would have to think in a new comprehensive control system because there are only so many buttons in a controller.

Adding more characters will have the same problem as in DMC4SE where you have a lot of combat mechanics but not enough variety to flesh them out.

Honestly the only thing I can think of is that they finish the actual fucking game.

Are we talking slowdown or texture glitches or what? Even if it's just a straight port of the PS2 version in 16:9 that runs at a consistent framerate that puts it above most collections

But don't you still have to delete the in-game songs, which are the main cause for the bad framerate?

The songs are not the problem, what causes the issues is the sound engine.

Since Style Switcher 3.0 you don't have to delete anything because it reworks the sound library at the cost of some songs not looping correctly (for now).

I remember some slowdowns on the ghost ship with the bird boss. It's been a few years though, so I don't remember where else since I dropped it basically the same week I bought it. Real disappointment that one.

I think DMC1 plays fine sure without styles it's at a disadvantage compared to 3 and 4
but Dante's Devil Trigger in DMC1 has more exclusive moves then 3 and 4.

DMC1's DT has Air rave, Vortex, Meteor, Inferno, Super Kick 13.

DMC 3 has DT explosion and less powerful versions of Vortex and air rave.

DMC4 has distortion and buffed lock on Forward attacks.

While Dante's DT in 3 and 4 are both usefull in they're own ways I like DMC1's the best

Sparda is the reason DMC1 is the best DMC
Mundus is the best Villain in the series
Nelo Angelo is Cooler the Vergil Fight Me

I've seen more actual games discussion come out of this bot than I have any active effort on Mark's part. It's kind of nice tbh fam

m9 you wot

Any time before 3, this isn't hard user.
He's a big boy and he was the son of the towns god, I'm surprised he didn't have 6 kids the amount of pussy he'd be drowning in.

Learn to format a comment holy shit user, maybe paste the comment in a site sized notepad to make sure it looks better.

Everything points to yes.

I FUCKING LOVE THIS HOLY SHIT

here's hoping it's good then.

Well Vergil in DMC4 SE shows that they can still make a fun character. Lady and Trish are fun too even if they're move lists are lacking when compared to Dante Nero and Vergil.

I just hope that the game gets finished this time. The thing that makes DMC3 feel like the strongest entire in the series is that it has the most bosses and has you repeat them the least. Even if I personally enjoy refighting bosses I can't knock someone if they think of it as a flaw.

capcom.co.jp/devil4se/

SE came out this year, user

I think having Lady alone shows that the dev steam still has it. All she uses are ranged weapons, but they still made her exceptional with it.

Plus they gave some cool moves to Vergil.

If they put their minds to it (and Capcom gives them time and budget), I have no doubt a DMC5 would be amazing.

And hopefully something like that would would kick Platinum in their asses so they could start making games that aren't Bayonetta (and possibly Nier Automata), really good.

I honestly think Lady is the most interesting character to play as in SE. It's like Resident Evil on steroids, and she requires more discipline than the mindless fun, and overpowered Trish or Vergil. Even though I appreciate Motivation meter and the Judgement Cut mechanic, Vergil trivializes some aspects of the combat that make DMC stand out for me, like the air game and jump canceling.

I don't live in japan user, you're not making very good points.

I want to see Vergil Doomguy his way out of Hell since DMC3 and at least one other game established that the demons that infested the Temi-ni-gru definitely inhabit and judge over a bad afterlife.

I want to see Dante have a Devil Arms selection on par with DMC3's again.

I want to see Nero with his own styles and actual Devil Arms. It'd be the perfect opportunity to meld the best of DmC with the best of DMC by giving Nero something akin to the light-neutral-heavy stance system from Heavenly Sword and DmC, as well as making the Devil Bringer its own weapon and maybe Nero's answer to Dante's usual gauntlets and greaves.

I want to see Lady with a gameplay style that isn't just a buffed-up Gunslinger.

It's a fact that the term stylish action was used to refer to DMC's genre, not an point of an argument. However it is not my conveyance to say ergo this is what everyone should call the subgenre of action games.

you're telling me that everyone should call this genre, which has many names, and one of which, CURAZEE, is the most accurate, should be called by the one thing you cherry picked from a commercial 15 years ago? I mean, that's great, but it's not going to pigeon hole people into not calling it by the millions of names we have. It's pretty trivial to get mad at a thing like that.

its called stylish action

I want nero to have a grapple, sword, and gun style. His grabs were really fun and interesting, but since most of them were just free damage for hitting an enemy into a stun phase, I just did the dante thing and took slashes and other shit like that over going through the animation. For bosses I'd do it because the grab will always turn out to do more damage if you take free hits and then grab to do a set amount of damage. I really would like it to function where you have dodges that lead into grapples that are complemented with low damage pushes that stun the enemies slightly to get into another grab. Grabs would mostly be a ground game and getting enemies onto the ground for more ground game, but then sword mode would be better for areal game and the gun could be better for what the guns usually do, which is quick and easy damage from far off as you close in instead of a rush down.

I think giving Nero some proper gun moves would fix some of his bigger issues. The fundamental reason why his skill floor is so low is because charge shot level 3 is fucking broken. If that were reworked and he had a couple of new ranged moves for variety he'd end up encouraging more creativity. That and his DT needs to do something interesting besides giving him a couple of exclusive attacks, his lack of extra mobility annoys me.

DB is his extra mobility, it just sucks because it puts you vaguely near enemies that move around or pulls enemies to you so you can do your taps

I mean specifically mobility in DT. Dante/Trish get an extra double jump, Dante gets more dashes/teleports, Vergil gets Trick Down and the side teleports, Nero gets fuck-all. He's the only character that controls exactly the same with DT on or off.

New DMC4 speedrun WR

Wanting 2016 Capcom to make a Devil May Cry after their butchered reboot….

Bayonetta is proof that Capcom can NOT hold on to their best talents..

How so? The people who made DMC3 and DMC4 had nothing to do with Bayonetta.

Do you really trust Capcom to not fuck up any game that doesn't have "Monster Hunter" on the box? I have 0 confidence in them any more.

We should, but are we worth it? Did you just play through once and call it a day. Or did you max the difficulty and fucking get your ass handed by the first enemies. And then learn the tricks of the attacks of Dante and of the enemys. And only then started a new game to max combo everything. Maybe we don't get a new one, because ball-busting ass-extermitating gameplay is not worshipped enough.
I could not beat DMC1 on hardest, those fucking out of nowhere"you should hear it coming" bullshits just broke me. Never heard them, ever

It's the name of a fucking general on 4chan in which there's a specific set of games they will play. Vanquish is a TPS, but are you seriously going to say its genre is CUHRAYZEE?

Where are you autists having discussions?

Fuck off.

There's not much really happening. I don't know what we'd discuss.

I'd love to see more discussion delving deeper into the mechanics of these games, how things work, and what are the best strategies. DMC3 for example, has elemental properties in some weapons that certain enemies and bosses are weak to. I read more about that on some forum, so simply copy pasting all the info would defeat the point. Instead, it would be awesome if people in these threads organized and experimented with stuff to compile a detailed list.

That is not in the spirit of CURAZEE at all. You just do cool shit that styles all over a boss, you don't take slightly better numbers over flare; I can get to the end of bloody palace with S rank on every stage just using pandora's mecha mode on super dante, which was pretty fun, but is by no means in the spirit of style.

that's oddly satisfying to watch.

Thanks.

I'm not nearly good enough to post combo videos, but it's still sad now that /cgg/ is gone I have nowhere to post my stupid fail WebMs.

So what do you guys think about DMC2 obviously it's the weakest game in the series but I can enjoy it when I play it every once and a while. You think Capcom will ever address the game or are they just going to keep pushing it to the end of the canon story so they never have to talk about it.

Personal I wouldn't mind seeing Lucia come back as a playable character even if DMC2's story was pretty forgettable there was something about Lucia I liked
maybe it was her ass
Her angel style Devil trigger was pretty cool.

The exploration elements ruin the game. Kills the pacing. It's all about action don't make me explore lifeless quiet rooms all the time. Absolutely stupid.

yeah the level design is definitely the games biggest flaw. It really noticeable when your constantly using quick heart to run threw the empty levels faster.

I don't see what would be wrong with just giving Dante more game to actually play in.
4 isn't a finished game, and is incredibly bare bones, and to top it off the game is clearly designed around Nero first and foremost, the whole "you can't make optional upgrades a requirement" thing.

But building a game from the ground up on Dante's skillset? Now that would be a truly phenomenal sight to behold. As it stands, even a novice can break 4 with Dante, because the enemies are just fundamentally built around Nero's tools. Not to mention the game is just flat out half done, and you only get to play in Nero's levels backwards.

It wouldn't be hard, just do it like TW101 did. Have lower difficulties be structured around the acquisition of the powers, have the higher real difficulties be structured around knowing you have every tool at your disposal now. Like, you start with only trick, and the enemy is built around dodging on the ground, on the higher difficulty it flies and never lands, forcing you to use swordmaster to attack it. That's obviously a weak example, but the people in charge of DMC could easily figure out how to do it, since they did it in the past games.

In all honesty I want a Nero continuation where he and Dante actually get to talk and he has to fill Virgil's void/Dante as he has entered Hell in 2.

dmc wasn't terrible as a game but it was a tragedy of a Devil May Cry Reboot Virgil has a fedora….really??

The dodge animations were the best thing about the game. Honestly I might've preferred a good followup to DMC1 over what the series eventually became, but DMC2's failure and 3's success killed any interest Capcom had in pursuing that line. I guess it turned out okay anyway.

So how do I get style switcher working on PCSX2 version? I downloaded the zip but it only accounts for the steam version.

Apparently it was dropped years ago, back when the mod was basically an advanced trainer. The downloads are dead so you'll have to find someone who's kept it. I don't blame you for not finding this out yourself, took some digging to get any info at all.

Here's something I've been thinking about what if we get a new Itsuno directed game but rather than DMC 5 it's DmC 2. Ninja Theory is not involved at all. Would you play it?

If the game is CURAZEE and has nothing to do with donte and vorgel then yes