Games that will never be translated

Pic related. I want to make a difference, though, so, what are the chances of someone who doesn't have an idea on how to translate a game and doesn't know japanese can translate one? Ireally want to play a Kamen Rider game, and I'm doing it but since I don't know exactly what I'm doing I'd like to play on english.
Also, if I ever goand translate it,should I translate the PSP pr the Wii version?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!WFw2EAaT!jiPnUlaTRMQUOhpibWC3Fw
kamenriderguide.weebly.com/
krsch.wikia.com/wiki/English_Patch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because people can be literally retarded.

Wasn't that game unplayable because of DRM related bullshit?
Anyways, Molyneux used to be famous for games like that so maybe his fall from grace and the over saturation of the market made people lose interest in the genre.

Why would they translate a game that would never sell? This is a business.

I'm not even talking about official localization or official translations. More like fan translations. I guess there should be enough Kamen Rider fans on the west, but the game remains untranslated. I'll be honest, Holla Forums probably won't like the game, but it's a game mostly for KR fans

Haven't had a problem with it so far. How can there be DRM problems in PSP/Wii games?
What have he have to do with KR?

None, how do you expect to trasnlate something if you don't know the language or how to hack a game?
Also, Kamen Rider fighting games are 100% playable in japanese, it would be better to translate the RPG games.

The board has been shitting itself up since yesterday, posts from other threads appear in random threads.
Either that or it's a bot fucking our shit up.

Google and google translations. And maybe some help.
I know, I'm playing right now, but as a fan I can't give a shit about the gameplay, that is mediocre at best, I care for the dialogue and the story.
Probably the bot considering they removed the captcha.

Doesn't that game have english dubs by default?

But user, at least I'm trying.

Meant for

Well, hacking the game is probably the hardest part of a fan translation so look that up.
The translation part you can ask for help in a toku forum, there may be people that want to help you or search for a translated script.

Well, I was messing around with a hex editor, and you're right. I was trying to, at the very least, translate the main menu, but i can't even find the value it belongs too and since I lack the knowledge it will take far too much time…
One last question, user There's a university career that teach stuff related to this while I also study japanese to translate games later in my life?

Nasus needs a rework.

Single target high damage abilities need a rework.

Dunno about that, I don't think universities will teach you how to hex edit but actual coding.
Also, I believe that editing games its always different unless they use a similar engine.

Have Italians ever won a war?

Why did he think he'd win this one?

Fuck off bot

Was it Devolver that asked From to give the the rights to do a localization? Hope that happens, would be pretty cool to have this game on PC

Comfy escapism. Episode 5 is trash. If you want to play it, play episodes 1 to 4 and pretend it got canceled. It's better than the real thing, trust me.

Is this new? When did the bot spam of irrelevant posts start?

Like 2 days ago or something

but I was on Holla Forums all day yesterday and didn't notice
Ah well, it's just some faggot attentionwhore anyway.

sage for off topic

They added a captcha yesterday, but removed it today

That's more like what I want to do. More of a technical knowledge in order to do things better or faster. If now, where's a good place to start researching on hex edition? I know some basic stuff, but there's a way to determine what is what accurately?

Did you noticed they turned on the captcha? That was the reason.

Try asking around in romhacking or gbatemp.

K. Thanks, user.
Good.

Good luck with that.

I don't know the admin, what're you talking about?

Yeah, I want more people to play with and I was looking to Holla Forums for those people who would also have fun playing the game. Apparantly all I got was one asshole who has 10 of the posts in here just shitposting constantly because we missed one of his messages.

Someone at Bioware saw where the trainwreck was going and decided to try and make a funny. That's why it's the Black Guy instead of like, Garrus or Tali or Miranda or something.

related question, is shinobido woth 20 € if i enjoyed tenchu WoH/Fatal Shadows a lot?
or are the tenchu games already the superior ninja stealth games?

Timesplitters 2 OP*

Visual novels are video games, user

Wii for sure. Looks a lot better than the PSP version and runs better. Also, I hate to say it, but I don't really think it's one of those games that needs translating. It's pretty simple stuff and the complexity just comes from canceling your attacks by holding down a trigger.

Still, great game. It's a shame Kamen Rider never made it big over here… on the other hand, look at what happened to Power Rangers.

Yeah, that shit pissed me off.

That's actually a good thing, otherwise you would see memes about it everywhere and being shitposted everywhere.

The zgagillion eroges on the X68000

Where's the Sally?

Those were 2 Beelze lmao

I don't care. Its made by kojima without someone to reign in his retardedness so I won't be playing it

Well, shit, let me download it, then. I've never emulated with dolphin, though, although I still have my CFW Wii.

Well, you don't really see a lot of PR memes anyway, besides, the only instance of KR being localized was Dragon Knight, and it was decent and well received. Dunno why they didn't localize more, and I heard Fourze was about to being translated Post more KR reactions

Never ever. The team that was doing it abandoned it like the cucks they are.

It's fucking spam. A shit ton of unrelated post going in all thread. The same furry faggot from yesterday.

Try to translate the rpg/musou ones, it surely is a lot of work but it's way better than translating text for a fighting game that no one will ever read because it's a fighting game.

Kamen Rider Black RX was also localize as Masked Rider

There was also Masked Rider.
I need to take more screenshots but I will post what I have

Kabuto got an official dub by Cartoon Network funnily enough, it's fucking hilarious.
Fourze, Decade, and Wizard also got bootleg Singapore English dubs as well. They are also fucking hilarious.

FF "III" and VII, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Mega Man X, Sonic 2, Resident Evil 1 and 2, Link to the Past

Pretty much every mainstream good game from the old eras, spread out over time as we were too poor for more than one or two games a year.

If this is your idea, don't even bother. Google translate is complete shit.

But if that was true wouldn't the things the OP listed be successful instead of failures? It's like you're saying the opposite.

Tell me about ZECT, why do they fight the worms?

The musou games aren't as good as the fighting games tho.

Holy shit, that's bad. But it grows on you after you watch the whole video.
They had no idea what the characters were about, didn't they? I wonder how they pulled off the ka-GA-mi.

The Musou could be. No one will read a Musou's text anyway, Ithink, at leastit was the least important think in Pirate Warriors 3, unless you count the missions, which are also part of Hero Super Climax. Also, the first thing that should be translated in any game are the menus and options.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one, it was the first time I heard about Kamen Rider and I had some toys.

I was along the lines of translate it and then trying to make sense/correct the text. I dropped the project already, though, until I learn better hex edition

Forgot to add:
The artstyle was quite dark. Nothing anime.

Very nice digits m80

If I was from Cyrodiil I'd be ashamed. Guess saving humanity is up to High Rock now.

(checked)

i like the musou more, they're more "kamen rider-esque" than fighting games, especially since the fighting games are rider vs rider with none of the series villains.

Bunch of bombs inside the sarcophagus. John dimaggio's character is just chilling at the end with the mummy that inside of it, watching the fireworks he planted from outside the city limits. That's why you don't open it.

Also Snape kills dumbledore.

The ground works as a natural filter!

I don't think you understand just how bad google translate is. Here's an example. In the Phantasy Star series, the equivalent of a magic attack stat is 法撃. Google says this translates to law shock. You will never get anything that's even remotely close to the original meaning with google translate. There won't even be anything to "clean up."

They fit more the show but gameplaywise they aren't as good, unlike other musous where you unlock moves and have different attacks based on button presses, here all characters have the same moves from start to end and only one combo per form. This makes some characters shit or some forms useless/OP.

Oh man, I had no idea this existed…

I wouldn't have minded them doing the rest like this.

It could have developed an audience in the west, stuck right with the original, and created some funny moments with bad voice acting.

Of course, if it had gotten popular CN would definitely poz the fuck out of it in their current state.

If you need time to cooldown you can always pause the game and there is no need for those sections to be unskippable. Stop making excuses for this obnoxious shit.

Well, some Rider vs Rider fights are really damn good, I liked most of those in Kabuto and Blade. I see what you mean, but I don't think Musou is exactly fitting wither, although us more fitting that Rider vs Rider stuff, yeah. Beat em' ups should be good too, I read that the one for NDS/PSP was good.

This was a nice get.

Of course there is, you can either leave the original romanization, if you know which one it is, or change it to something simple like magic or "Law magic". something of the sort. If you know the source material well enough, you should be able to translate it well, and it's not like Kamen Rider is terribly complicated, it's a family's show, and it would be a translation meant for fans.

Yeah, I noticed. Shame there isn't more variations in the combos, but it's nice to play if you like Kamen Rider, like using Kamen Rider 1, it stops the Kamera to explain the Rider Chop, that was nice.

They also did that for the showa characters in CH

The sims series?

Yeah….you go ahead and tell Phantasy Star fans that law magic is passable. You might have the best intentions here, but you'd be doing yourself and fans of the game a disservice, like how Mirror Moon gave Nasu a reputation as writing stiff, unnatural dialogue when the reality is that the unnatural dialogue was 100% Mirror Moon's doing.

You know, she was so bad I forgot about her. You're actually right.

I understand that, but consider that the Kamen Rider show already have fan subs, so you can just copy most of the terminology from the subs, since western fans are more used to those. If there's not a lot of bitching about the inaccuracy of the subs, or any bitching at all, then they should be good enough.
Law magic might not be the best thing, but there should be a good romanization, or just use the Japanese pronunciation.

This one have to be the best post yet.

honey select you dumb cunt

well yeah you're right, it's a shame really, they could make a perfectly enjoyable game even for people who aren't fan of the shows but they're pretty much always on the shovelware side of the spectrum. I wonder why though, since i'm pretty sure there are more adult manchildren fans than actual children buying merchandise and stuff.

i tried the psp's fourze one but the nipponese language barrier was too strong and so i dropped it.

thanks?

I know, I even encountered some bugs in BW2:
If you activate your final form while being grabbed by an enemy (wich is pointless because they don't attack you when you're being grabbed) you will be stuck in that enemy until you die and if you kill it, you will start teleporting everywhere.
Using Wizard's fire ultimate in the first tutorial level and hitting a bunch of enemies would make the fps die, literally 1 frame per 5-10 seconds and even if you wait for the move to end and every enemy to despawn the game would still be fucked up until you restart.
Also, for whatever reason Kabuto's Clock Up didn't work properly, it would deactive too son or immediately after you used the move giving you no time to combo, but Decade's Clock Up did work fine.
I just ran out of rider posting images.

Masterworks

All the Fantasy Maiden Wars games after Scarlet. Real fucking shame since they're really solid games.

that one incredible machine game with a little girl for the nintendo ds

You have to learn to trust people, user
mega.nz/#F!WFw2EAaT!jiPnUlaTRMQUOhpibWC3Fw
Also, someone didn't think this through

Thanks, user. I found a torrent, but it's dead.

I plan to, so I can translate games.

Oh shit nigger what are you doing

There are better subs than Tv-Nihon's? I don't usually give a shit, though. Also, I think there's a Rider Generation translation in the making, so it would be redundant specially when they're better prepared than me.

Depends what you're looking for. Over-Time has done most of the newer stuff, better video quality and generally better subs. Some people have done scrubs of T-N, which is basically just taking their scripts and polishing them up and throwing them onto higher quality rips.
This site catalogues all the sub locations, and is updated fairly frequently kamenriderguide.weebly.com/

Yeah, that's the site I've been using. A couple of months ago, Tv-Nihon was mostly the site where the series were complete, I see that some other fansubs have complete stuff.

Pretty much yeah, not a whole lot you can do with the older series. Metronome, from what I know, is still doing their Hibiki subs, they just release slowly.
Dunno about Sub-Vent's Ryuki, last updated in April and he's been working on it since 2014, I'm pretty sure he's a subber with Over-time, but might be burnt out by now, since the they dropped subbing Ex-Aid.
Orangelion last said they were still alive, about seven months ago. So who knows if they'll ever finish Den-O, I do hope they come back and don't waste time subbing Ghost again when two other groups have already done it.
And Faiz is just fucking cursed in terms of resubbers.

This thread is shit

>Wanting to see more of the worst Type Moon cashcow no wait, that's Grand Order.
At least Nero is Best Saber, but she can't compensate Type Moon's overall faggotry.

Too bad best servant goes to Tammy, leader of grorious white team

Get that bootleg Magical Amber away please.

Most of my Japanese Hentai Games

Turns out the Wii version have a reallylimited translation, like REALLY limited. At the very least I should be able to translate a few lines myself.
krsch.wikia.com/wiki/English_Patch

maybe for his second term

Apparently Marc Laidlaw was personally working on a fan translation for Policenauts, but he had to comb through Japanese college textbooks to get all the references in the game and eventually he just gave up.

Alright, the Wii version looks a lot better. Shame it runs at 15fps.

Hm, may want to mess with your emulation settings or it may be your computer. Mine runs it at a solid 60.

It runs fine in my Wii

I did. I maxed everything out to see how good it would look like. It runs at 60fps but it drops to 30 depending on what's happening. However
Oh well. I guess I'll just have to wait to get a better PC.

I doubt you can force antialiasing and higher resolution on the actual console. Although that would be nice. I'll set up my Wiimote if I can.

That has a translation patch and the dub is english.

Forgot the image

Seeing as there seem to be a few /m/ goers on here, what are some of the better mecha animes or mangas? All I have at the moment is Astro Boy from 2006.

I'm thinking of also getting Gundam 08th Team and Kikaider as well.

The lists differ massively if you're a realistic robot fan or a super robot fan.

I'm pretty much a fan of mecha in general, though I've watched a shamefully small amount of mecha anime. Mostly I just stuck with Toku.

There's an irony here of using TV-N subs while making fun of someone for Google Translate.

Since you already like toku check out KARAS (not mecha at all really,) Casshern Sins, Cyborg 009 and Android Kikaider, and HeatGuy J

Super Robots:
THE KING OF BRAVES, GAOGAIGAR
Giant Robo, the Day the Earth Stood Still
Getter Robo, all versions (wouldn't be a bad idea to start with Shin Getter Robo, a semi-sorta-parallel universe reboot)
Mazinger, all versions (Mazinkaiser stronk)
Big O (Don't watch S2 unless you enjoy mindfucks)
Escaflowne
Gargantia on the Verduous Planet
Gun X Sword
G Gundam
Zoids
Overman King Gainer
Gaiking: Legend of the Daiku-Maryu
Koutetsushin Jeeg

Harem Robots:
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari aka Tenchi Muyo: War on Geminar (Imagine Tenchi Muyo + RIP AND TEAR giant organic robot fights)
Vandread
Choujuushin Gravion (bonus: characters designed by a relatively famous hentai artist)

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE:
RahXephon

Basketball Robots???
Basquash!

Real Robots (I'll level with you, some of these are going to be "real" robots:)
Flag
Armored Trooper VOTOMS (the classic)
Macross (jesus fuck take your pick, easy short recommendation is Macross Plus)
Turn A Gundam
Mobile Police Patlabor

FUCK YOU I LIKED IT:
Star Driver

Please don't watch this:
Fuuun Ishin Dai-Shogun
It's just fucking trash

Nothing to do with mecha but watch it anyway:
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Space Adventure Cobra

That's what I've got off the top of my head.

At least those were your only mistakes, even I can forgive you liking GINGA BISHONEN

I appreciate you taking the time user. I really had nowhere to start, didn't want to ask /a/, and didn't trust any lists some casual journalist would provide.

Guess it's time to see if I can track down some torrents…

I feel like you can watch Turn A relatively easy without getting pulled into the Infinite Gundam Vortex, which is why I recommended it.

Gargantia I recommended because it succeeds a lot on style. It puts a lot of interesting concepts in the background, even if it doesn't really make it all the way in the episode-to-episode progression of events. Honestly, a lot like Star Driver. It's flawed but I feel that it stands out a lot amongst other mecha anime.

I'm going to be honest with you: I forgot that was an option. Usually when I tell people to read the manga they just roll their eyes and instantly seek the nearest anime.

God damn you're fucking stupid. Also "infinite Gundam vortex"? All a person needs to watch is the original series or even the trilogy movies and that's really it. If they like it then they watch everything else in production order. It's that fucking simple. I don't get why people think otherwise.

Hate to ask for another spoon feed after you just went through all the trouble of typing that up, but you wouldn't happen to know any decent sites for downloading anime? A lot of these seem to be dead on both Nyaa and Piratebay.

Nyaa is for new releases, bakabt is for archived releases. Go there.

Awesome, thanks a ton. I thought I was going to be shit out of luck when it came to watching some of these older ones… and those were the ones I was really wanting to watch.