It's been over 12 years since Jak 3 came out...

it's been over 12 years since Jak 3 came out. Will naughty dog ever stop making cash grab games and finally just make another Jak and Daxter game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BXzAGeFfgdU
youtu.be/w_2T5LwB9t0
youtu.be/XUOHJTIen7w
soundcloud.com/otherlink/ringside-funk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't remember liking Jak 3 all that much, I don't know if they have the talent to make games like they used to.

Mechanic wise, it was no different from Jak 2. But I think the story in it was pretty solid and had a great plot twist about the dude being your dad the whole time.

Daily reminder that Jak 2 ruined everything.

Its been a while since I played the game, it could just be me misremembering some parts of it. I do still believe that no one around in naughty dig today wants/would be able to make these kinds of games again, they've gone all-in to making "mature" games like TLOU.

I've said it a million times, if ND would have just made the sequel Jak and Daxter 2.0 and refined and expanded a few things, it could have been the best 3D platformer of it's generation. But no, they had to make a mediocre GTA wannabe instead.

Nah, Naughty Dog will never go back to making games. They have tapped into the movie-game market and will do that until they die. They might if and only if they are dying and need quick cash, but the game will be shit. Happens when all you do is make movies and forget how to make games.

When the fuck is Japan finally getting Jak 3?

Poor bastards getting stuck with that legitimately fanfic tier edge tone shift then not even getting the actual good games that comes from it.

Better or worse?

Thats from the wiki page you baboon

I doubt that those that were responsible for the Jak games are still working at ND.

literally every game pre-2006.
Play them on PC in full HD and wait for the pre-rendered cutscenes to play at 800x600

They're both pretty fun honestly. Still, I'd be mad about not getting the game I wanted

How does that change the fact that I was saying I might be a bit too hard on Jak 3 for my own reasons?

Unless it ends up like the Rachet and Clank reboot which I hear was decent, it's probably best if it dies down.

the reboot was actually pretty great. I think it serves as an example of how remasters should be - not just a graphical update, but like actual changes to the game and new content.

Slow down there.

Axiom Verge was good but it didn't make any Metroid game look like crap.

PLD not being a joke the entire expansion

That's good to hear, especially since people still know how to make games.

youtu.be/BXzAGeFfgdU
youtu.be/w_2T5LwB9t0
youtu.be/XUOHJTIen7w

Thank god they're not disturbing the grave.

soundcloud.com/otherlink/ringside-funk
This should not fit as well as it does

So, is the new ratchet and clank a remaster, remake, or "remake"?

Burning places

I've messed around with monitor settings it doesn't help

I think insomniac called it a remake. As far as I know, they're the only devs to do this to an older game.

Is it worth a used buy?

Just looked it up. They called it "re-imagined." I guess that's because they just changed the story for it.

Yeah if you like the series it definitely is. It also has the nice weapon leveling mechanic that wasn't originally in the game. My only complaint with the game is the weird card system they put in there to get the ryno. You have to go collect cards that's scattered around on every planet if you want to get it.

Ive never played a RC game besides secret agent clank. Is the story going to be different enough if i decide to get ps2 copies of the sequels?

WHAT'S WRONG NIGGLY?

It'll still be a fun platformer anyway, so yeah I'd recommend it. And no, the story shouldn't be fucked up if you want to play the later games.

They were going to before The Last of Us became a huge success. I doubt they'll ever stop making movie games now.

I'm kind of glad they scrapped it though. The realistic concept art for the game looked terrible.