Parasite Eve

Did I just royally fuck myself over? I'm fighting this version of Eve right now and I had a chance to save before the fight so I figured why not?
Looks like I am not strong enough to beat her but starting my save file back up puts me right before the fight again.
Am I going to have to beat the game all over again or is there a way I can go back and grind up a bit more? Or is there a trick I can abuse while fighting her?

Other urls found in this thread:

shrines.rpgclassics.com/psx/pe/bosses.shtml,
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXc0npBEKpA
youtube.com/watch?v=ul8j9I90ueM
youtube.com/watch?v=vCSWmJPzhgg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just git gud.

What kind of guns do you have?

Stop being a faggot OP, we need more details, what equipment do you have and what level are you?

If you were going for guns that attack more frequently in one turn, don't. It's never explicitly told, but the damage of your guns are spread out over each attack you can perform with it, and it's more beneficial to just stick with guns which let you attack twice or thrice than seven times or some shit.

I was more concerned since it seems like by saving right before the boss I am completely stuck here until I beat her.

What gameno bully

Read the subject

unfortunately it's been a year since I last played this, so I can't remember too much
anyways, here is a video walkthrough

Watch this, and OP, you got a 4-5 level gap, on the bitch, so you're gonna have to git gud and withstnad her bullshit and you'll then fight her final form, I suggest you use your big guns, stack on haste, and heal when you're about to go half.

Why would you not save in a different save slot everytime to ensure you are safe?

I tell you what, I continued Parasite Eve and finished it on a save file that must have been 2 years old. I had started and restarted that game a number of times and only gotten so far each time, but this time I arrived at a similar point, where I could not beat a boss without backtracking, and so I did explore the area fully, upgraded my kit and continued.

So yes if you did not save in a separate slot everytime like you should do in every single game you ever play, then you're a numpty.

This is like mandatory shit on RPGs, because "oh no, I fucking missed this flag where I have to talk to this transvestite and bring her a condom so I can open this chest full of shit that I need to unlock my ultimate weapon!"

I hate taking up absurd numbers of save slots while playing one game. This is probably only the second time in however many years where it has become an issue.

Here's some stat guide on the bossesshrines.rpgclassics.com/psx/pe/bosses.shtml, you can kill her, but then you'll go to fight her final form, OP, you might have fucked up on this one.

This is my obligatory "whyboner" eternal question, what's under the dress in that form? I mean, the legs are in a certain position, that's obvious, but since Eve is kind of sexual overall I just keep wondering.

when i was a kid i got up to the sewer part in chinatown then i gave up, fuck those alligators

There is a limit on how many enemies respawn per game, there is no way to infinitely grind those crows.

There are just 2 alligators on the sewer level, the bats are the real problem.

There is, if you only kill the crows in a specific encounter and don't kill one enemy you can run away, keep the loot and respawn the encounter or something like that.

exactly. there's an encounter at the zoo where you can respawn the crows over and over by running from combat when there's only one left

i meant central park, i'm retarded

I see, I forgot you could get away with small penalties.

Sonygger as fuck/10

Yeah, last one I played was Pokemon SuMo.
Had a lot of fun.

A REMINDER THAT IF YOU PUT YOUR BONUS POINTS INTO ANYTHING BUT YOUR WEAPON'S ATTACK, YOU ARE A SUPER RETARD

The spam is back.

And now its replying to people.

It has done that since last night, it even quotes you, although the reply is usually never in context.

Its learning.

I really like this game but I am retarded with it. First time I got to the end boss but was so under level I couldn't beat her so I gave up cause I couldn't go back. Second time I fucked up and saved before fighting rat enemies that wrecked my shit and I couldn't go back to a previous area to grind.

I think I am just retarded with RPGS, I played Lunar 2 6 times all the way to the Zophar fight only to keep dying and not understanding why only to find out 5 years later while playing on the PSP you can move your character positions in the goddamn fight.

Flash Man reference?

What bonus points?

Why does Eve have a dick?

I wonder, is it a dick? a tail? a weird vagina?

boring as shit and youre pretty good without it anyway

I have a qualitypost incoming, but Holla Forums is having server issues.TEST

Dishonored isn't hubs.

they tried to make it a big open map to move from place to place and it was boring as fuck

so if it already has nothing to do in it, how does making it even bigger and more tedious make it an improvement? "quick it's shit, let's just add more shit! genius!"

"just do dungeons if you get bored"

gonna be fucking hilarious when you get bored and realzie you have to help some random villager x kill 30 things in a field somewhere before he gives you a key that unlocks a chest somewhere that gives you a quest in the next area that may or may not let you get to the next dungeon, or just send you on another likely boring ass quest to force you to 'explore the open world!'

this game is one of the easiest RPGs I've ever played, it's also short, so starting over isn't a big deal.

Use rifles the whole game. You can do some cool shit by using super tools to move Attackx5 or 7 off of the last SMG so you get the fastest AT bar fill up possible, but it's really not necessary Around level 32 which is where you should be at the endgame it doesn't really matter. Your bar will fill up ridiculously fast. Rifles are almost always single shot and have great range–you'll take more chip damage from dickheads as you wait for your bar to fill up but it's more efficient in boss fights since you can maximize your mobility. Lots of beamspam and close range flurries by all kinds enemies make Range really useful. Attack x2 is really the max parameter I would have. Better to not linger in the animation.

AT bar recharge speed is ranked in roughly this order:
[fastest] SMGs > Pistols >Shotguns > Grenade Launchers > Shotguns > Rifles > Rocket Launchers [slowest].

Don't use the Heat or Cold attributes. On Day 4 and 5 enough enemies will have resistance to it that you'll be halving damage in too many encounters for the occasional extra damage to be worth it. Cyanide is always good as resistance to it won't reduce the damage your shots do.

The Blast parameter you can get from a shotgun is extremely useful. It should end up on the weapon you use going into the final battle.

Hang on to one Auto potion armor for the endgame and throw defense boosts out the wazoo on whatever you're wearing, using tools to transfer the pluses to new armor as you find it. Spare Tools can be used in such a fashion to turn junk guns into stat bonuses for your current one as well.

Almost every enemy's attack can be avoided by running into the them right before it hits, assuming it's not a multi hit attack. Circling the Rex's feet and running into them when he does the flamethrower is a great trade off in HP.

If you use the bonuses you get as soon as you get them on all your gear and keep transferring them throughout the game, and use your Bonus Points to increase the attack of your guns, you're pretty much a killing machine the whole time.

Offensive PE abilities are always less useful than defensive ones, save for Liberate and Haste. Keep PE for Heals and Preraise. Paralysis and Defense Down are the worst status ailments, so if you see Defense Down start running. Its worth saving a paralysis resist armor for the endgame to keep that on your final armor.

The Blast parameter you can get from a shotgun is extremely useful. It should end up on the weapon you use going into the final battle.

Hang on to one Auto potion armor for the endgame and throw defense boosts out the wazoo on whatever you're wearing, using tools to transfer the pluses to new armor as you find it. Spare Tools can be used in such a fashion to turn junk guns into stat bonuses for your current one as well.

Almost every enemy's attack can be avoided by running into the them right before it hits, assuming it's not a multi hit attack. Circling the Rex's feet and running into them when he does the flamethrower is a great trade off in HP.

If you use the bonuses you get as soon as you get them on all your gear and keep transferring them throughout the game, and use your Bonus Points to increase the attack of your guns, you're pretty much a killing machine the whole time.

Offensive PE abilities are always less useful than defensive ones, save for Liberate and Haste. Keep PE for Heals and Preraise. Paralysis and Defense Down are the worst status ailments, so if you see Defense Down start running. Its worth saving a paralysis resist armor for the endgame to keep that on your final armor.

My little base.

for some reason my Seamoth just despawned, I have no idea why, had to spawn a new one with console

All this inventory hygiene and efficiency isn't just building for Day 6, but for the game's EX mode in which you keep your weapon and armor and fight tougher foes. These are still a breeze–the real action is the in the Chrysler Building. May God have mercy on your soul. You should look up a guide on it but the summary is this: 100 randomly generated floor dungeon with a boss every 10 floors and beating the boss is the only way to keep moving up. If you go back down and leave the building before doing so, you'll have to go through those floors again.

The real boss of the game is a bitch.

Oh yeah, SAVE YOUR REVIVES.

All them crazy combinations, you could have a sniper pistol with bullet spread.

Also, make sure to play the sequel. Parasite Eve 2 is a mechanically rich Resident Evil clone with RPG elements. The weapon and armor system is less complex and freeform, but the PE powers are better and the weapon variety is more significant; the replay modes are also a fun challenge worth doing, but you'll still wish there was more. The plot is possibly cooler and more disturbing with a less epic setting than New York, the music isn't as good as Shimomura's amazing PE 1 score, and you can sense the start of Aya's character decay in this game–that will eventually become awful in The 3rd Birthday which I hear is fun but can't play because I hate to know the franchise is dead and went out like that.

I'll keep all of this in mind. I do have the second and the 3rd Birthday which I will try out for kicks. I do enjoy the first one a lot, but this ticked me off that I will probably have to restart the game to actually finish it.

My only friends are on imageboards.

Base game is awesome, but i still belive they'll be able to fuck it sensless.

only needs federation force

3rdBD is OK as a shooter, but terrible for the lore.

theoretically you could, but the best pistols have a base range stat of about half that of the best rifles so you'd be putting a lot of points in range that you'd rather put in attack.

oh yeah, and never prioritize capacity in your upgrades beyond the free bonus items or whatever you get along with the tool usage. Attack and range matter more. If a reload animation will kill you with the number of rounds most guns carry already, it's your fault anyway.

My love of 1 is natural. My love of 2 is autistic. You will end up looking up shit like how crit rates differ between firing modes (burst or single) and how much PE power bonuses affect the use of single-use combat items like Flares.

Underrail has no in-game map or minimap.
It was weird at first not being able to rely on them especially as the game world is an incredibly dense multi-level underground labyrinth but it works brilliantly imo. It's actually satisfying learning to navigate the world without any assistance.

3rd Birthday is without exaggerating the worst game I have ever played. Fair warning. recently i've seen a lot of people pop up saying it "wasn't that bad" but trust me, if you like the first two in any way you will feel an emotion that i can't describe but I know is the emotion that is responsible for war

god, fuck those fucking bats. the sewer dungeon was terrible. chinatown opens up so promising with cool looking enemies and setting and then nope, Maeda forces you to carry another useless item and you have to go down the ladder.

I just wish the charms did something other than reserve a slot for the final weapon.

Exactly what I'm trying to say. They are censoring violence. The target of violence and reasoning behind censorship are irrelevant, the fact that they're censoring the violence remains.

uhhh You see her at least 3 times

Shame about the shit expansion

I think some of the shitty game design decisions that make PE an 8/10 instead of a 10/10 have a lot to do with the fact it was doing double duty prototyping for both Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy VIII; the former for the combat dome system and the latter for having realistically proportioned 3D humans.

PE with some more polish would've been a masterpiece. Since the IP has reverted back to the author, we'll not get any more (real) sequels or a remake.

???

There is only one Dook.

Both good songs but let's at least post the best one. youtube.com/watch?v=ZXc0npBEKpA

Hideaki Seana's Parasite Eve [Kadokawa Horror Bunko] was the basis for the game and he's either not interested in licensing the rights again or Squeenix isn't interested in pursuing them.

I was more puzzled by the context of your reply.

Bewear is my bro

welcome to the MGS2 fanbase.

What they don't point out is that AI giving the speech is the same one as:
youtube.com/watch?v=ul8j9I90ueM

Alright you niggers have got me interested in this game. Ps2 right? Anything I should know before starting it up?

Fuck

it's for ps1

The thing I missed most was the idea that I could play as a high speech, science, or idiot character and get different results based on that a la fo1 and 2, which I hadn't played until last year. I know its a meme to hate fo4, but I was so mad at the yes, no, yes(no), and sarcastic yes answers. Voice acting is neat, but it really waters down the dialogue.

Is that what all the really weird and off topic posts are?

I think that was a bot, man. They're all over. I think I replied to one too. The only thing that helps me filter the shit is if the reply makes sense in context but couldn't make sense in any other context.

Any user lurking Holla Forums either knows of these games via being PS1babbies/nostalgiafags or because Sony recently started selling them on the PS3 store. It could be a human since the PS2 is reverse compatible, but I kind of doubt it.

yeah, they definitely look like Holla Forums posts, just absent their appropriate contexts. Someone's been reply-mining us to spam us with this shit. Looks like the CAPTCHA isn't enough.

Yes, supposedly /baph/ has the dox on the dipshit, so hopefully they track him down.

That's because capcha is disabled again.

I remember playing this game for the first time on a demo disk. I thought it was some kind of Resident Evil style survival game.

Then I played it through all the way about a year ago and realized that it was actually a gunsmithing RPG where you play a cop aided by her friend, the magical gunsmith, who combined all the guns to make the ultimate gun.. and also there was something about mitochondria in there.

Dominions.

No.
Final Fantasy Record Keeper is pretty damned good though. Newest Dungeon event lets you get General Leo from FF6

Test

I bet the mitochondria are behind this.

What did he mean by this?

Just post the Rouge art and get it over with

Considering how they are not in the last game I bet it was the twisted.

Gamefreak really thought it through. I was hoping for the old pokemon stadium tier flying diglett.

Whichever one was the cop, he kept being a fucking asshole to niko and everyone else.

you are a massive casual if you couldn't run around in a circle and found this hard

what did he mean by this?

The old man lost it years ago

What do you think?
Honestly not hard to grasp.

the combat system is pretty ingenius

to be the most effective, you need to be all up in the enemies' faces and wait for the right moment to press the shutter (of a magic camera which can defeat malevolent ghosts - which also changes the perspective from third person to first person view). This tested my nerves like no other horror game since

If you have steam get god eater rage 2. You get two games and its a decent game. Lots of crafting and mix & match'n gear that you upgrade along with other party members that have lite customization.

forgot link

youtube.com/watch?v=vCSWmJPzhgg

Guns like the M93R and the M4 did seem to crit more often when single shot was used, but I just thought to myself that it was just a coincidence.

wasted potential.

missed an opportunity to say neigh indestructible

Too perfect. It killed the series and the genre as a whole.

SE could just stop being retarded and do a remake. But I guess Ada is not gay enough for management.

Lel, not a robot, I was just always under the impression this was jrpg grindan and I never had a console growing up

What a horrible world we live in

But user the last game was PE2

Parasite Eve died. Like Dino Crisis, the 3rd game killed it. Face the truth user.

I want off this wild ride

me too

Well it could've been worse, a bot could've stolen the GET.
So moral of the story is that you should abandon all hope when a title reaches it's 3rd arc and that 4 is truly the number of death?

IT'S SHIT

suddenly valve makes sense

Could be worse

That's such a conformist cuck thing to say.

In what way? Half-Life 3/Episode 3, Team Fortress 3, Portal 3, and Left 4 Dead 3 not being a thing?
Assuming I'm not being rused

Rule of the third game going to shit is pretty common. First game is great but rough around the edges while the second game is more streamlined but polished to a sheen while by the 3rd game the publishers get greedy and push a bunch of bullshit nobody wants into it and it turns out shit. The Dead Space franchise is the best example of this.

I sifted out the relevant parts for you

some people form attachments to characters they like and become upset when their characterization changes abruptly, especially if the character loses strength, wit, coolness, etc.

what assholes, huh?

I will try the 3rd birthday on the high seas or byjust borrowing it at some point, just to see if the combat system, levels, and enemies are good.

I'm just gonna try splitting this fucking post up into pieces maybe that will make the shitty site actually let it get through this fucking time

Ok here we go

Replayed PE about a month ago and finished around the end of last month. Did a little over 2 playthroughs (both main and optional endings). Rolled the Deagle you get from junk collecting as my main. Burst and 2 (and then 3 when I finally acquired it) moves per turn made the Chrysler Building pretty easy aside from a couple bosses (due to semi-weak armor). With the bonus points and tool improvements I got it to something like 700 ATK, 120 Range, 100 Rounds by the time I was finished. Kinda tempted for autism's sake to play a bit more and get it up to max ATK but I probably won't.

Alright that part worked let's try this one now

Ach didn't mean to greentext that but whatever, fuck it.

I like how OP got all this advice, but nobody addressed this post as maybe having something to do with his predicament.
On the other hand, I thought I posted this yesterday and just noticed it didn't go through.

They're literally right there on the fucking menu if someone can't figure out what they are themselves they probably possess some kind of brain damage

Scariest lore I've ever read.

How bad is the third birthday? I remember thinking about getting it back when I still played my PSP

But there is a zoo in Central Park.

3rd Dino Crisis?

DINOSAURS IN SPEHS

why not?

I should clarify some things about the Chrysler Building:

-Beating a boss nets you a key for that floor, so if you leave the tower, and then come back, the elevator on Floor 1 gets you back to the last boss you beat. These keys can be put into your locker and transferred to the next EX Game.

-Floor layouts are randomized, but each floor has a storage room. The contents of these chests are *not* randomized. If you raid the storage room on Floor 55, leave the tower, come back, Floor 55's chest will still be opened.

-Speaking of the storage rooms, watch out for Mimics in these storage rooms. You don't have a lot of room to move around in these rooms, they're fast, and they deal a LOT of damage. Auto-Potion Trait is really useful here, because it basically turns basic healing items into Revives.

Game is piss easy, never had any trouble and I did not do any grinding on last play through.