pandora.com/station/play/1802457397813889171
pandora.com/station/play/1802462934026733715
pandora.com/station/play/1802609671584401555
pandora.com/station/play/1802690017537607827
koeppen-geiger.vu-wien.ac.at/pics/1926-1950.gif
yadi.sk/d/mbVTrR7TyW9CP
f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is Conclave no longer shit since they made shattered retreat optional? Also was the coalition system made optional, or is it at least somewhat functional?
I've stayed at 2.4.5 since it came out, but I want to try out a game as a vassal, and the conclave system sounds like it'll add a little more depth and enjoyment for an influential vassal playthrough.

I just want to talk about map games. Why can't they just let me have this?

What in the fuck is going on here

Bots?

For anyone that uses pandora, I just added a lot of variety to my modern-era stations. I made these stations because I wanted to hear music that is appropriate to the time my game is in. They go by the decade, so whenever your game reaches a new decade, change the station. This covers the 1830's to the 1990's so it's good for Vicky 2 and the HoI games.

pandora.com/station/play/1802505626001655955
pandora.com/station/play/1802912269210273939
pandora.com/station/play/1804356464848455827
pandora.com/station/play/1802768675568666771
pandora.com/station/play/1804101481230026899
pandora.com/station/play/1802653231142717587
pandora.com/station/play/1802600660743014547
pandora.com/station/play/1802508752737847443
pandora.com/station/play/1804528607137679507
pandora.com/station/play/1828722398434216083
pandora.com/station/play/1802836879649327251
pandora.com/station/play/1802920300799117459
pandora.com/station/play/1802665029417879699
pandora.com/station/play/1802457397813889171
pandora.com/station/play/1802462934026733715
pandora.com/station/play/1802609671584401555
pandora.com/station/play/1802690017537607827

It's worth to update if only for the improved performance.

I'm going to try and form a coptic Roman empire. I'm playing as the Ottomans since there has not been one game so far where I didn't get completely destroyed and was able to archieve my goals so I just want to take it easy this once.

Why not do it in CK2?

Git gud. Only casuals can't beat Otto as BYZ or other minors – the mechanics of the games are shallow as fuck, all you have to do is exploit them, be it the dumbass AI that gets baited into doing retarded shit every single time, or literally anything connected in any way to navy

Pandora is blocked in Europe because of copyright issues. You would need to use a VPN or something.

Coalition system is still shit but it is optional.

t.2.6.1

Thanks for the input. I'll update after my current abortion of a playthrough.
How exactly did they improve performance, better code in general that reduces drag or was there something specific?

Does Paradox have an obsession with cats on the same level as Maxis's obsession with llamas?

You're killing me here.

What's the go-to mod for Vicky 2? I mistakenly uninstalled my Victoria 2 after HoI4 came out.

kaiserreich

HPM if you want historical stuff. NNM if you don't want that. There's also the /gsg/ mod but I haven't looked at it in a while so I don't how bad it has become.

It's Batman reference you mong.

I realize that but it's also one among many random jokey cat references I've come across.

They can spawn unlimited death stacks even when they have no manpower and can exceed their force limit without any apparent negative effect.

It's just Paradox trying to be funny, cf. Glitterhoof.

I think they just like pop culture reference be. First one is keyboard cat and the second is just referencing the Internet's obsession with cats.

My brother works for steam

interact with them

He killed one, it's just not registered onto his account as he did it after the server went down.

GungHo was there to confirm it.

no, it's actually very linear in structure. About halfway through the game you are able to go and look at most of the map, but it's areas you progressed through in a linear fashion and there is never new stuff to do there.

A scrub is generally somebody who acts like they are good at the game, but are actually fairly bad and blame the mechanics or "cheating" for their loss. They're the sort of player who says that throws are cheating, or that comboing into a super is cheap, typically because they don't have the skill to do so and hate losing to such basic tactics.

Of course, some people just throw it around as a general insult without any intent behind it.

Claiming E5

He's right though chum.

Is this still bot attack?

No Momo? Thought you were a lolifag?

That's why casuals can't beat them. Just cheese the mechanics - abuse ticking warscore, prevent their armies from crossing by sending a single ship to its doom a day before they cross (you lose the ship, but they have to start crossing all over again. You can buy years with this tactic), bully any mini-stacks they make… it's just a waiting game where, if you play your cards right, by the time they finally get heir doomstacks across the strait, their 'length of war' modifier will be nearing zero or lower, their WE will be through the roof, you'll have at least 10 ticking warscore, and they'll be willing to peace out, giving you a few provinces. After one or two initial winning wars, Otto usually becomes so exhausted (other nations tend to attack them too if you weaken them, usually losing, but making Otto's economy go to shit, keep WE high, and draining manpower) that it's like putting down a sick dog. Hell, in last thread, somebody kicked Otto around as fucking Trebizond. There's always a way to put those fuckers down, it's just a bit more difficult than with other countries

Not sure they's do it justice, honestly. Also the graphics are pretty impressive considering it was an original xbox title. Every time I see it I think it was made for the 360.

I'd play a game where the gimmick was that everyone animated like puppets and the strings are clearly visible. And that it is played straight and NO ONE inside the game acknowledges it.

Too lazy to search. Will there be physical release of this game that is the center of this conversation in this internet page?

/int/ has classically been Holla Forums tier retarded, this is literally nothing new.

Yeah.

Another human?

I think all turks should die by impalement.

away from here.

Report the spammer, you fucking niggers.

I think some Christian video game company is currently working on a Redwall game atm

This

Reporting one post won't stop it. Look at all the IDs with one post in this thread.

I'm sure we'll get comics costumes as alts or the very least DLC

Technology has ensured we will never be cold, hungry, or wet. And we won't die of a scraped knee or in childbirth.

I agree technology isn't going to fix our fucking brains, but you'd think that it would relieve us from having to chop firewood to come up with world solutions where we can simply not fuck each other constantly.

But we are; we are using our extra time to do useless shit and fuck each other over. And I don't mean everyone has to do something useful. But I can't believe that fucking assholes are using their freedom from fetching and boiling water to close abortion clinics, argue against vaccination, and driving the public opinion against our scientists.

I wish that I had never gone to college. Because in college I acquired the knowledge to identify inefficiencies and fuck-ups. If I was just driving a big machine digging holes I wouldn't see waste and future ruin every time I step outside.

The point is to remove it. It doesn't matter if you stop it or not.

These three factions are now part of the new Tocharian and Sogdian governments; are these bonuses OP in anyway? I need some feedback on this (Please not that most factions in VeF add these sort of bonuses.)

Also, just so you guys know, this I'm not a spambot I swear :^)

# Tocharian factions:TCH_aristocracy ={ monarch_power = MIL always = yes modifier = { cavalry_power = 0.1 discipline = 0.025 merc_maintenance_modifier = -0.15 mercenary_cost = -0.15 land_forcelimit_modifier = 0.15 free_leader_pool = 1 diplomatic_upkeep = 1 legitimacy = 1 global_tax_modifier = -0.1 trade_efficiency = -0.1 global_missionary_strength = -0.02 }}TCH_bhikkhu ={ monarch_power = DIP always = yes modifier = { global_unrest = -2 global_missionary_strength = 0.02 tolerance_heretic = 2 tolerance_heathen = 2 tolerance_own = 2 missionaries = 1 war_exhaustion = -0.03 diplomatic_reputation = 1 land_forcelimit_modifier = -0.1 global_tax_modifier = -0.1 ae_impact = 0.1 }}TCH_mercantilist ={ monarch_power = ADM always = yes modifier = { trade_efficiency = 0.1 global_prov_trade_power_modifier = 0.2 production_efficiency = 0.1 global_trade_power = 0.1 caravan_power = 0.1 build_cost = -0.1 merchants = 1 idea_cost = -0.05 war_exhaustion = 0.02 land_morale = -0.1 global_manpower_modifier = -0.075 }}

I had to delete my previous post for reasons

Dr. Light sounds like a cunt

Swirly glasses is great, the other one. The bitch.

oh japan..

Xbone or older SNES/n64 versions?

Can I have context on what's really happening there?

WHY ISN'T CHODEMONKEY DOING ANYTHING TO STOP BUI?

The part where the credits roll and your just sailing with no destination took place in the sky for me. I thought it was a stylistic choice or a dream sequence or something, then about halfway through, the ship came crashing down into the ocean, It had spawned in the sky and had been falling the entire time I was sailing without me noticing. Still a good ending.

wat gaem, looks comfy

Time to make Morrowind great again!

Besides this, why are all the houses different sovereignties in your playthrough?
l haven't played that mod in awhile but last time I did so it was kind of shitty.

I just started at the earliest bookmark. This is the very start of the playthrough. It's the beta for the most recent version of CK. What made it shitty? It's buggy as fuck but so far it seems like CK2 in Tamriel.

Inputs for fighting games are so archaic.

We should just be able to choose our attacks from a menu.

She's not the protag though, no harm in godly characters when we aren't meant to be them/experience the story through them.

nope
>>>/jp/

i dont know about that mate im more of a nvidia guy myself

I have been thinking lately about what a perfect GSG game would look like if Paradox wasn't made of cash grabbing fuckwits or if I could code some shit. It's about you controlling a nation, not a state, a nation with all its food, language, values and religions

> Every game would start with a randomly generated continent. None of the "lol random XD" crap we see now, but a realistically laid out continent with mountains and various elevation levels instead of the standard mountains-hills-plain layout. Based on the continent's position and its geography, you get a different kind of climate like these koeppen-geiger.vu-wien.ac.at/pics/1926-1950.gif

It sounds like it could be fun if done right.

automatically puts it into the 4X cathegory

In fact, the rest of the description sounds more like you were trying to re-invent civ games rather than a proper GSG. A GSG needs history (be it a real one, or just some fictional lore from TES or some shit like that). Your game would only be about mindless blobbing.

REMOVE RED-TRIANGLE remove red-triangle
you are worst red-triangle. you are the red-triangle idiot you are the red-triangle smell.

It sounds fun when I think about it :(

There would be a history, though it would be mad by the AI along the way. Each Ethic group would come with its language. As the game progresses and the AI plans its move the way a real nation would have, the events are recorded and history is made as the game progresses. You conquered this people 200 years ago, now they have a rivalry with you for the next 150 years etc.

You Blue-Square scum, do you think you can come in this thread and shitpost

As I recall just about every settlement had practically nothing built within them and most counties had only a single settlement to begin with which makes all the economies shitty and it would take so long to save up gold that spending it on settlements just seemed almost like a waste. Plus all the tech levels were all fucking 0 which made it incredibly hard to build anything to begin with.
The county map just kind of looked like shit in general, just a bunch of oblong boxes that are all the exact same size. It was clear that they put way more effort into Akavir, a continent that they shouldn't have even bothered making, than Tamriel.
The de jure kingdoms were just the normal province boundaries, and you needed to own three of these to make an Empire. The cultural boundaries were just racially based and practically irrelevant. The way religion was set up was pretty uninspired as well, and I think they at one point had removed holy wars. The Dragonborn system was just plane fucking stupid.
It looks like they made the Great Houses their own kingdoms in order to prevent them from fucking up (they used to just be titular duchies that would fall apart immediately after the first guy died)
The magic system was kind of interesting but very overpowered.
I feel like they've done a good job with the portraits though (the originals were very bad). It seems weir that they managed to do that, yet still haven't completed the flags.

Overall pretty meh.

Though of course some of these things may have changed since I've last played.

Randomly generated anything is usually subpar.
Same with strat games with scopes across multiple, widely varying technological epochs. This is probably the one thing Paradox still understands and does right to an acceptable degree.

It probably wouldn't fit well as grand strat. The closest something like this might be tribal management during the Great Migrations period (or any period for that matter, or a completely fantasy setting even, but Great Migrations has a slew of characters to pick from) rather than starting as a primitive people and working all the way through to nation-state solidification.

Where is House Dagoth? Where is the Ur? Does he appear in any of the bookmarks?

The game is set in the Interregnum period, there is no House Dagoth at the time.

time to wait 999999 years for a CB

That's a shame. All the other bookmarks appear to be 2E also. Except for the 4E Stormcloak Rebellion one, but it isn't available yet, if the wiki page is up to date. It's a lot easier to work with ill defined time periods than the more rigid parts of canon, I'm sure.

I have absorbed the polish to show my Final Form, Pruthenia is kept around because I find them adorable same with Pomerania. I've almost succeeded in ridding the world of the proto-turks, the Golden Horde. In the Balkans countries like Transylvania and Hungary blip out of existance and then to reemerge after a successful revolt. France and Spain were at war for about 30 years on and off which lead to everyone fucking revolting.

What's even more fucking revolting is what happened to Norway, I thought they had been reabsorbed by Nidoros or Sweden, turns out they managed to sneak one colony down in Africa. Norway is now an african country.

user do I have to bully you?

It still has the underdevelopment problem. Everyone starts out with no technology. I have no ports or ships despite all that coast I control. There is nobody to marry except for a couple of courtiers, I can't make a pact with anyone. The Houses seems to be divided equal with 10 vassals for everyone. It seems like I have to wait for my heir to have kids before the actual game starts. Hopefully the AI is marrying courtiers and having kids.

The Turks were originally from the same people as the mongols and the Golden Horde came into existence before the ottomans.

The Xiongnu you mean?

Actually the notion of the Turkic and Mongolic peoples being a more unified Turko-Mongol grouping was a consequence of the Mongol empire. This can be argued, of course, especially given how much of the details are subject to what amounts to educated guesswork due to a lack of written records on the nomads' part.
However, what cannot be argued is that though the Golden horde preceded the Ottoman polity, Turkic presence in Anatolia began in the 11th century after Seljuks pushed the Byzantines out and Turkic nomads began populating what would be the Seljuk Sultanate of Rum. The "Ottoman" Turks were around roughly a century and a half before the Ulus of Jochi was established.

Let's be honest: Ain't nobody got time to keep all these horse-fucking, bow-shooting, snake-eyed steppe niggers apart.

WE WUZ KONGS

The memes, Jack.

/gsg/ get

Close, but yes.

Aww.

That's still 4X territory. All of this is firmly in 4X territory. The flavour of such a game would be non-existant, as there would be no flavour to add as it all would be randomly generated.

Who got it?

Now, I've seen some shit, but this is a whole new level.

Please die.

I understand not liking the flags, but the font is not comic sans and what is wrong with playing in Germany?

Nigger, I once created a custom nation with all of the land from anatolia to persia just to see if I could defeat the Ottomans when they had been reduced to a couple of provinces in Greece. They defeated my ~50k army with like 8k units. It's not my fault that the developers made them so OP that every country on earth has to be at war with them to be able to defeat them.

I am glad I hired Selvil.

For real, is EU4 good now? It felt like shit when I tried it.

Delicious Dunmer breastmilk elixir when?

Im trying to play CK2 with the warhammer mod and every time i start a game, after ~10 days a large amount of unclosable blank events that pause the game appear.
Can someone please help?

Given it seems they broke apart morrowind into several kingdoms with the more recent updates to keep the Great Houses functioning correctly (I would have just made Morrowind an empire title but I guess this makes sense). Did they make it so that all the Houses at least have a defensive alliance with each other?
It seems they still haven't bothered to make each house its own unique culture.

Why did they bother including the peace treaty option in Darkest Hour if the AI never accepts them unless scripted to?

Seems like bad installation of the mod or even the basegame.
Check the folder where you installed the mod, should be the one where the saves are locared (my documents.) If it ain't there, then you fucked up.
Have you got any other mods installed aside from WH?

No. It's all very simple. No pacts, no techs, not even any unmarried daughters anywhere so I can start playing. Really I'm waiting around for the second generation to form because the first is impotent.

I don't know much about early Morrowind history here. For all I know there wasn't always a king and the Houses really were separate sovereignty loosely united under a temple. They do try to discourage you from being aggressive towards other followers of almsivi by hurting your reputation with the temple and by giving you bonus zealots to fight in holy wars.

Seeing as how I can beat them with BYZ, it probably just means you're shit. Did you lure them to attack you in defensive terrain, or at least attacked them somewhere where you don't get any environment mallus? Did you use a good general (remember, in early game, shock>>>>fire, in late game it's the opposite), or did you attack their three star superman with some lousy one star? Did you have advisors, ideas, or even policies raising discipline and/or morale? Were you at a supperior, or at least equal MIL tech level? How was your prestige (it affects morale)?

Yah, sorry, the thing is that Morrowind has very strange politics that if you knew them, you would really be wondering how the mod is implementing them.
Basically, Morrowind is supposed to be a united nation that is more or less ruled over equally by its Three-God Kings, Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec. The Great Houses are aristocracies that are technically subordinate to the Tribunal but possess a large amount of autonomy, and none of them have any real authority over the others, they are also strictly forbidden from declaring war on each other. Though the Duke of Mournhold historically held a fair amount of power and prior to the Tribunal their were a fair amount of kings, there was never a singular mortal ruler over Morrowind. At least until the Septim conquest, where Barenziah was installed as its monarch. However, the Great Houses would periodically elect a warlord chief, known as the Hortator, in times of trouble to help lead them on the right path (Nerevar was the first Hortator I believe).

You can understand how this would be hard to implement into CK2

Yeah it's not like that in this mod. The grandmaster of indoril is the one who rules from Alalexia and the archanon of the temple is the one who rules over the temple territories which are vvardenfell and necron. I don't think it would be that tough to implement what you described. Just keep things more or less the way they are but have an AI Tribunal that decides the laws outside the control of the player. Then, have a "Nerevarine quest" decision where your character either dies at the Cavern of the Incarnate, or becomes Nerevarine, letting you destroy the Tribunal and go to open war with the other houses. I wouldn't mind retconning the whole ministry of truth disaster by making a deal with a daedra or something.

What the fuck.

This is the new gsg audience. Autists that are into countryballs. The future is dark.

Nigga, you draw a circle, cuntpaste it 20k times and fill in the colors. That ain't effort, that's just autism

Are there Dagon invasions yet, a la Sunset Invasion in vanilla?

You have the option to toggle sunset invasion on or off but I left it off because I didn't know what it does.

It's there.
I got the game from cs.rin,ru
No other mods.

That's odd. What about the game's vs the mod's versions, are they compatible?

Have you tried running the game with no mods installed?

The game without mods works fine.
I can't even check the compatibility because "lol just purchase the game for the forum goy"

whoops forgot to reply

Yah the more I think about it I feel like the best system would be to keep them separate states, that each have a sort of eternal defensive pact. The Tribunal would be religious heads like the pope just with way more authority than excommunication and investiture (like you really don't want to piss them off power), they would also be invulnerable outside of set events.
Attacking other Houses would piss off the rest as well as the Tribunal (possibly give dishonourable trait?), so your main option for fucking with other houses would be the morag tong (whom can be hired without any negative reaction against someone who has acted dishonourably).
I don't think the Nerevarine is really a necessary addition, especially given how much meaning is behind that title. But a Hortator system would be cool, which I would think of as being a sort of temporary Imperial title over all of Morrowind available to people with high stats (martial especilly) when Morrowind is under attack.
Also wishful thinking, but it would be fucking awesome if they added in a Magocracy government system for Telvanni, Nibenese, and some Bretons (I think they had added a Confederacy government to the Colovian Estates at one point).

Its worse than ever

It's decent with VeF, but that's before the newest DLC

Wow, really makes you think.

That's probably because countryballs only got popular after EU4 came out, and nobody is autistic enough to draw the six gorillion shields in CK2

For monstrous normalfags who are a full four years behind, which is the point.

Exactly, although
I hate to break this to you, but normalfags still use shit like rage comics

I thought they really started to get into them in 2011 and 2012, and would move on by 2013.

Well, despite its faults this mod is still good for removing Cyrodil. And the county names change.

I think it all boils down to mod vs game version compatibility or a faulty game cracking (because you know, sometimes people do fuck up and upload faulty shit, even if vanilla seems to work properly)

Hey, whoever manages the mega with the mods on it, you have an user's edit of Veritas et Fortitudo in the Vicky 2 folder.

Fucking hell.

I miss Vicky2, but I'm sure as hell not going back to Windows, and I can't get the damn thing to run in wine.

Same.
I did manage to get DH running through VirtualBox, so at least I have Kaiserreich.

Darkest Hour runs pretty well in WINE even on my toaster.

Couldn't get it to run no matter what I did.
Or rather, it worked, but it would crash constantly to the point of unplayability.

Why don't you partition your drive and use windows just for games?

Spain is the worst cunt in V2 when it comes to rebellions.

Didn't have that many problems with them though, had more with Germany oh my fucking god you fucking commies stop trying to take over

My council pressured me into invading Dres. Now Dunmer spill the blood of Dunmer.

Every country is the worst cunt when it comes to rebellions.

So far the only nation I found that didn't kill 50% of its population during constant uprisings was Japan - no wonder it's called fucking tutorial island. At least the AI suffers from the same plague - seeing all of India explode into a million pieces because of an untended commie uprising is a sight to behold

What version of this mod do you have? Where did you get it?

It's compatible with Reaper's Due
yadi.sk/d/mbVTrR7TyW9CP

I'm worried about my vassals' liberty desire, but I don't want to annex them because of cultural penalties (esp. Lorraine). What should I do?

Also, I can't fucking form Germany since Saxony is under a PU with the Commonwealth and they have one of the provinces I need.

Kill some fucken turks

I'm waiting for them to attack me so France will join me and not them, but that's the overall plan.

I guess a minor amount of pierogi removal is on the menu as well for Saxony.

I somehow remember it being some sort of invasion by Euros.

Alright /gsg/ rate my first game as Great Britain! Took a long while to get used to combat and by the time I started to get it down France had gotten too far ahead in tech and allied up with a huge Aragon. That pretty much stopped by ability to get a bigger foothold into Europe.

How poorly did I do?

Oh I just realized Castille got their territories back… That must have happened a year before the end of the game. Aragon had eaten them up almost completely before then

Very nice, but I have to deduct points for that pitiful attempt at South Africa, Australia, and India, instead occupying yourself with Japan and the Philippines. Shameful display.
6/10 not bad for a first playthrough.

Yea I wasn't paying attention and was preoccupied with NA and waiting for a good chance to take Paris. Didn't even notice South Africa and Australia get eaten. In retrospect I easily could have taken South Africa from Castille but got sidetracked with taking the Philippines and Siberia (there's something nice about owning parts of East Asia as GB).

Since im a retard is anyone will to tell me how to install this? Just copy paste to the mod directory or what?

Was there ever a actual sequel for Majesty?

If it's a zip file, just extract to the mod folder, yes

Thanks friend.

A question on Darkest Hour- How do I use my units properly? Like, what do I have them do?

Attack the enemy

Try occupying territory belonging to the people you're at war with.

Just do this over and over and over again

Died fighting bandits for the fighters guild.

So, the new version of user's edits for GoB is almost ready, but only only one thing remains: How to implement Yazd, Sogdiana and Tocharia.
You see, these three countries are located in an unstable corner of the world (for the 14th century.)

If I were to make the guys playable in 1309 (grand campaign), I'd have to take clay away from Chagatai, Golden Horde, Yuan and Ilkhanate, in order to make several smaller hordes break free from the big post-mongol empire dudes (Zungaria, Oirats, Kashgaria, Sarig Yogir and even Tibet) for the sake of variety and well-balanced gameplay, because a 3-province country can't compete against a fuckhuge horde with no allies/expansion possibilities, I mean, it IS possible, but that'd feel too gamey to me.

And If I were to make the guys playable during another date, my best option would be in the 1360's, but that when the feral beast we know as Tamerlane breaks free from the Chagatayids. The Persian area wouldn't be too much of a problem for Yazd, since the post-Ilkhanate states are very well alive for now, but the story's not the same for the shitholes up north. I'd still have to apply the same thing I did for the big hordes, break 'em up and set the little ones free from the bigger guys, so you can gobble them up/have alliances/rivalries/whatnot.

I know this is supposed to be some sorta 'light' version of GoB, which is an 'alternate timeline', but I'm not too sure if the implementation of these three countries could be done flawlessly without making them break free from some event or something (as opposed to making them selectable from the gamestart); I kinda want to make them available from start.

What do you guys think? Any feedback/ideas?

I already wanna start working on Vinland's technological tree and units since that shit would be far easier to implement than a brand new religion with proper flavor events + 3 new countries from lost/dying cultures.

Weren't they not supposed to be able to cross the strait since my navy is there?

you need to have control of that province you're siegeing to block their foot traffic. paradox hates byzantium playthroughs.

Okay, I am going to try to ask this here.

Anyone here play Geopolitical simulator?

I like that you only can do gradual change in democracies or you will get ousted immideatly. You gotta keep that in mind and only increase taxes by 0.2%. Other than that it's really not hard. I also already found an exploit to get up your popularity without spending anything.

Anyway here played Geopolitical simulator or a similiar kind of game? I played Viccy 2 to complete exhaustion. I will continue to play Crusader Kings 2 once the new update comes around. Maybe some HoI3 every now and then and of course never going to touch Eu4, which after I tried it briefly and snowballed with Byzantium (that was like 3-4 years ago) and it's probably a bloated mess anyway.

Talk to me about Geopolitical Simulator or give me another non-paradox Grand Strategy Game please. I want to play new games.

Did they patch in the Donald yet?

I am pretty sure, I am fairly certain that I saw something like that in some screenshots.

Keep in mind that they change all the names of characters. So the president of the US is Jack Ohama for example.

How do i increase the number of commanders i can enlist on CK2?

Is that Masters of the World: Geopolitical Simulator? I dropped that shit when i got protested by some bitchy ass NEET fucks when i improved a country so much my popularity rised to 76% and this shit always fucking happens everywhere and every time i did a drastic change.

i've played ck2 for a long time, mostly because i could play as bulgaria
but usually in any timeline i eventually get my ass kicked
is eu3/eu4 any better? can i play as bulgaria there, considering that we're slaves during that time period

Only if you enjoy bloated pieces of shit

Enjoy all your bulgarians getting promoted into turks, because of the pop merging mechanic

PS: Since you are probably Bulgarian, I just want to say that I think your people are fairly attractive imo.

Nah, that's the new one. Geopolitical Simulator 4.

First one I ever played. I wish there was an updated crack for it out there.

y-you too

Does Transylvania rightfully belong to Hungary or Romania?

Is there a Crusaders Kings 2 mod that makes the interface look more akin to Europa Universalis IV? I can't figure out how to play, mostly because of how retarded it looks.

It belongs to Wallachia.

But doesn't Wallachia belong to Romania?

Compare Transylvanian Architecture to Romania and Hungary and you'll know the answer.

wallachia is the same as romania, they changed name (and language) artificially from slavic sounding to one sounding more italian, because of believe of being from the same tribe as romans.
and it belongs hungary

It belongs to the Osmanli dynasty, infidel.

That's not funny user.

Ottomans getting +33% Siege Ability on the next patch. I want Johan to fucking die in a fire.

Stop being an Islamophobic Racist.

Truth hurts.

Praise to Orban and Turanic brotherhood.

It belongs to House Hlaalu.

alrighty then

Roaches are the retarded niggers of middle east

Are you insuating the city state of Kostantiniyye wasn't the true Roman Empire? That will upset the resident wine spilling byzantoboos.

Oh, it was, but the sultanate of Rum was founded long before the fall of Constantinople.

Blessed Osmanli dynasty didn't appropriate the title before grinding the walls of Kostantiniyye to dust and appropriating the city's women.

what is this mod?

Elder Kings

thanks

how do i get the undead from the north to work?
i've conquered all of the north but i can't get a cassus beli to attack any other land

Search through this thread for a link to the latest beta. The version on mod db is over a year old and incompatible with reaper's due.

Nord mummies don't belong on Tamriel.

I dabbled into it for a while, game is immensely realistic as far as economy, politics and social issues go, military warfare and terrorism are utter jokes though. Really wish they'd improve on it to support actual espionage and even the most basic of military strategy beyond "sending all your troops and waiting for the enemy to do the same".

Popularity is completely irrelevant in this game except during election years, also you really shouldn't go for drastic solutions unless you either have strong like-minded allies or you own a dictatorship. Any action that is not pre-planned in the long term will have the whole world against you in a matter of minutes, also owning new territories is only a possibility if you have a just cause - and even then the international community could very well scorn you for that. I had one instance where I took over all but one Libyan provinces as Italy and no one cared because I was protecting the EU by doing so, but I tried doing the same on another game with France and I had to resign.

If by ‘realistic’ you mean ‘wholly marxist’, then sure.

Is there a DLC activator for EU4? Archive's dead.

It is called the most basic of steam cracks. You can find it very easy on the links if you stop being a lazy piece of shit.

True but then again politics up until last year was everyone trying to out-commie each other, so it still is realistic enough. You can definitely run a right wing country and even a pseudo-fascist ones, except it's harder because unless you can pull in other countries onto your ideological boat or can tear everyone a new one without using nukes, the odds are stacked against you.

The genre is called Maps & Menus and is the shittiest "Video Games" since walking simulators. Fuck off autistic faggots.

FUCK OFF TURKROACH
GO BOMB THE KURDS

You mean go get bombed by the Kurds who've got shitty soviet stuff from the 70's and are still more effective than the t*rks.

… kebab the kebabs?

Thanks for highlighting where the rockets need to strike.

I tried getting into it, but never figure out how to raise state income other than spending a gorillion years making a million trade deals.

Any tips on how to make more shekels in this game?

Wouldn't that be shish kebab or is that term already taken by Shia turks?

IIRC you have to first and foremost check which ones of your sectors are pulling in the most money and milk them to hell and back by making deals with nations that aren't included under pre-existing trade deals (so for instance, any country that leaves OPEC or is not included within it is a primary target if your country needs heavy oil imports). Good choices of deal partners would be any nation that your coalitions are allied with or anyone that owes you a favor. Do favors to resources-filled nations that have negative-to-mild relations with you, such as sending them relief money, then keep haggling for better and better deals until they crack.
I don't recall ever doing much with taxes because outside of marginal changes people get uppity as fuck if you raise even by the lowest amount possible, unless your services are top of the line.

So it's just trade deals? I was hoping that giving subsidies or lowering corporate taxes or shit like that could get the industry growing.

That's fucking terrifying.

I think it's possible to grow the rest of your industries instead of your major one and still win the economics game, but you end up making no money at all for all the other shit you'll absolutely need (like military spending, you'll get pulled in many weirdass wars like Japan attacking North Korea unprovoked because their relationships tank or a terrorist threat in Somalia could summon you even if you're way back in New Zealand - armies don't really work on any logic so the AI just goes to town with short lived world wars)

I know that War in the East isn't grand strategy, but it's mentioned in op pic so I will post it here.
I just finished Road to Leningrad scenario for second time. This time it went much better than last time. This time I actually managed to cut Leningrad off supply. Soviets also lost half a million more men than in my first try.

Just pretend it's leftists false-flagging as cuckservatives.

I have this downloaded and I really want to try it? Should I read the manual and play that extremely basic scenario or just jump right in?

Yes, reading manual while playing is probably the best way to learn this game. There is also newbie bootcamp guide which explains some things. You can find it on steam discussion for WiTE or on matrix forums.

Is this purely mlilitary-based or are there other world building aspects to it?

Also, does anyone know of any good GSG multiplayer games or mods?

what do i do with tanks?

Delete them

Been tempted to give this bullshit a semblance of balance AKA cut everything down in half /quarters, should I? I mean it's fucking ludicrous, 150% landforce limit mod, 50% manpower mod, -50% land maintenance. Their bonuses do get worse the more clay they steal, but it's still bullshit (landforce limit goes down to +75% and then to 33%, same with the other stuff; their armies get more expensive with time though, but it's still dumb)

# Rise of the Ottomansrise_of_ottomans1 = { potential = { primary_culture = t*rkish normal_or_historical_nations = yes OR = { tag = OSM tag = TUR } NOT = { has_global_flag = ottoman_empire_formed } NOT = { num_of_cities = 12 } is_subject = no } trigger = { NOT = { num_of_cities = 12 } } land_morale = 0.15 global_manpower_modifier = 0.5 land_forcelimit_modifier = 1.5 land_maintenance_modifier = -0.50 manpower_recovery_speed = 0.50 discipline = 0.10 infantry_power = 0.10 cavalry_power = 0.10 global_tax_modifier = 0.50 enemy_core_creation = 1.0 trade_efficiency = 0.10 core_creation = -0.33}

I have an idea. Keep the ridiculous upper limits the same as vanilla, but make an alternative way for the bonuses to go down; make them lose their bonuses in similar fashion from LOSSES.

The purpose of the obnoxious Roach buffing, beside Paradox wanting to spite/service Byzantiboos who keep finding ways gamey or otherwise to defy history and better ensure historical railroading on the AI, is to represent the vigorous outbursts of the Turks, spilling over Anatolia in conquest. I won't speak to whether this is entirely accurate as opposed to historical Byzantine weakness/dysfunction/overextension being the source of Turkish victories, because I can't really say I know enough to say so, but I'm sure this is the idea they have in mind. So, as the Turks conquer and bloat themselves on luxury, they lose their edge, their battlefield savagery dulls in favor of occupational torture and exploitation ala the Janissary system, so on. Decadence is the death of them, though they'll be able to limp on with their remaining bonuses to game end if they aren't being actively dismantled. But what would happen if the Turks were to be blunted, even with their stupid large bonuses, all their vigor being for naught?

Simple. The whole thing would collapse. The Sultanate, rooted in the vision of its founder, in Osman's great dream, would flounder and die as all prophetic momentum grinds to a halt. The Beys would desert and retreat, and the Turks might be possessed to flee Anatolia entirely as they lose ground, or else submit themselves to the Emperor and convert to the currently reigning religion, fickle in their faith. If the Ottomans lose ground and fall below their initial territorial count, or suffer a particularly horrendous battle, then they suffer a reversal of their initial bonuses in similar line to if they succeeded, or sharper, and if they lose enough, then the Ottomans explode into statelets, relevant areas suffer from forced pop loss & culture conversion back to Greek/Pontic/Syriac and such forth, Islam gets cut down to size, and any remaining Osman rump state is destined for further partitioning thanks to outright maluses and poor relations with their neighbors. What organically follows is a scramble to gobble up the Osman shrapnel, by both Byzantium and its competing claimant Trebizond, the Caucasian states, and any formerly Ottoman-competing Middle Eastern blob like the Mamluks, or else by a breakaway Syriac state if they somehow managed to fall apart very early.

tl;dr don't touch the YUGE bonuses, just make it so that getting skullfucked in spite of said bonuses wrecks the bonuses as hard or harder than blobbing does through a new fork or forks in the event chain. If they really get fucked, balkanization & mass cultural rollback of Turkish areas.

Boy that's a lot of work, I'm not sure if adding certain modifiers for losing a war would be possible; although I think adding modifiers for losing provinces could be doable somehow.
The t*rks don't really have a 'set' number of provinces; I mean, I could probably add a hidden event for OWNS = [province ID] being true of false, but that's a lotta work considering VeF covers the earlier parts of their empire (1309~1453)

Obviously that shit couldn't really be implemented by 1309 when they're just a 1-province minor, but as time goes on they do gain provinces at an alarming rate, but it still don't reach their 'peak' so to speak. Anyhow, I could add a 1444 starting date just as good 'ol vanilla EU4, BYZ still has quite a few provinces and kebab does as well.

As for culture reversion, that's completely doable for each and every province conquered by either Byzantium or Trebizond; I mean, I could do that for other countries as well, but what for?

And as for the maluses themselves, I suppose a temporary 'loss' malus could suffice for the duration of the truce; this could add a flag and with each 'loss' flag, the maluses would get progressively worse. That is if I can find a way of adding modifiers after losing a war (I'm not THAT experienced when it comes into modding shit, I can get around and jury-rig shit though.)

Why?

I don't think CK2's event descriptions allow if clauses, so they would either have to have all regions of the game feature these "guars", or make separate events with separate animals for different races/religions/cultures which would introduce other problems and still remain inconsistent.

I made a new save in Aurora. My empire scouted the nearest system and found two alien races going at it. The guys in red are ones that entire my system. I killed them and now they are hostile. The guys in white haven't felt my wrath yet.

The hell, Holla Forums? Is this a mod fuckup or did paracucks decide to rewrite history? I didn't play in like seven months, can someone kindly explain the fuck is going on with technology?

paracucks, in the newest dlc, decided the game needs more equality, so they removed tech groups and replaced them with institutions that appear semi-randomly and make it possible for Congo to surpass the technology of Europe without even knowing anything like europe exists (there was an user doing just that, posting screens when it came out)

It's a sign that you shouldn't be playing EU4.

So, got any suggestions for me or should I just torrent an earlier version? I'd rather play with m&t then vanilla and hunting down mods is hard enough as is. Also can I ignore the territories/states mechanic?

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/4cuck/

It's purely military-based.

Bump. Is it possible to neuter/fix institutions without completely and permanently lobotomizing everything outside of Europe? Is re-enabling westernization possible in some fashion?

I know elementary education is bad in some places of the world, but come on.

I'm not sure about history, but I learned basic geography from playing map games.

Overall geography or historical political geography? If former, that's pretty sad.

Both, but mostly the latter.

I think what he refers to is taking an interest in history after playing a gsg. You see all those names, provinces and wars happening; they somehow pique your interest and the next thing you're doing is reading about the War of the Roses, the Spanish Succession or even how gay and incestuous (and slutty) the Habsburgs were.
At least that's what happened to me, I mean I've always been somewhat interested in history, linguistics and geography, but after playing gsgs, it reached autistic levels.

Well, House Dres is gone.

(((Hlaalu)))

Even then, countries like America don't study a lot of European let alone Asian history.

Vicar of CHRIST not whore of BABYLON ok. Russians are tatars and probably headen as well :DDDD

Well there's another issue with the system. Only actual House affiliates should be able to inherit their respective House titles.

enjoy getting fucked by insane attrition bnuses and backstabbing poland

Look what I did starting as Atjeh. And reclaiming all the cores is fucking impossible.

Which one is real?

What's wrong with it now?

All but the last two. For now.

Sad!

This is why Argonians need to be destroyed on sight.

I'm not sure if they inherited House Dres or if someone pressed a claim. Dres was on the decline ever since I double-teamed them with Indoril.

this mod looks really nice. can i play as every faction?

yes

Is there by any chance a game in which I can meme play with the Free Territory of Freedomland?

Liggers win again.

no elementary school (and most high schools neither) I know of actually uses maps during history lessons. They just TELL you that something was somewhere, say that a battle happened sometime, and fast forward twenty years. The result of that is (and I shit you not) that half the students think that the battle of Stalingrad took place in Belarus, because literally all they know is "Stalingrad was somewhere on the eastern front, right?" And geography lessons are never going to teach you about the various cities of other countries, unless those cities are big as fuck. GSGs are an awesome help for learning geography, and by proxy, history.

Satan trips.

Are the Akaviri or the Yokudan continents included in that mod? The CK2 wiki seems outdated.

yes

wew

first time playing a game of eu3, how often does this happen?

border gore or ottomans falling?
otto getting rekt is unusuall, but border gore is always.

What's a poland?

Why would you do that to yourself? At least use CanOmer's Map or something.

default map isnt so bad, i like how its just bland color

The province shapes are awful and countries like Switzerland are almost unrecognizable. I also hate the fog overlay and the visible terrain on the political map because my poor toaster can't handle it.

A miserable little pile of rightful German/Russian clay, naturally.

Now I can talk to the nymphs.

Noob here, I have the base game of Crusader Kings 2, I have some small questions:

1) The DLCs list is daunting, which should I get first?

2) Aside from Ireland, which is a good starting point for a beginner? I was thinking the Haspburgs near the Swiss lands.

3) Will CK 2 will have a complete edition ever?

Pirate all of them. Disable Sunset Invasion, Conclave and the music since it's terrible.

1. just pirate them
2. any big nation for easy modo. hessen for learning how to get elected in HRE. Georgia if you are men
3. yes, you can pirate current complete edition from any decent torrent

all of them

The game is easy as fuck. Literally anything is fine.

I believe Johan said he plans at least three more major DLCs

They said "at least 2" before announcing M&Ms.

In Hearts of Iron 4 should I be using specialised divisions or ones that have everything?

So should I make an Infantry division with just infantry and whatever support battalions, or an infantry that has artillery brigades and a tank brigade or two?

there are combined arms bonuses.
just get infantry and arty.

See this fetcher? Irileth Omani. When I first became Grandmaster her mother (also named Irileth) was nominated to succeed me. I wanted a Hlaalu to succeed me, however, so I had her assassinated. Then this Irileth was nominated to succeed me. She was still a child at the time. I could never get the plot power to assassinate her, but I eventually had the laws changed to primogeniture. This caused a number of factions to rise against me, which all fell apart when the Knahaten flu hit. When the flu dissipated, she formed another faction against me which rose to 300% and I was forced to surrender. With elective succession back, she nominated her accomplice, the Duke of Andrethis, who also nominated himself. So I had him assassinated. Now with the third elector dead, she finally gives in and nominates my son. This is more humiliating than anything I could have done, had she ended up in my dungeon.

or expanding on it, infantry and arty early game, mech. infantry, tonks (but not anything ridicoulus like super heavies. most often mediums will be alright) and mobile arty.

You want 40 combat width. You want as much soft attack * ORG as possible. You want to pierce the enemy and (if possible) not be pierced, which depending on how shit the AI is might still be easy or be not worth spending the IC for.

On release there was literally no reason to ever make Mech and infantry/Mot tech was best left at minimum because it was cheaper. Also SP-ART was actually cheaper than ART in terms of SA/IC which was fucking ridiculous.

We need to do something about these lycanthropes!

Morrowind user, teach me how to get into the latest version of Elder kings.

I don't understand what you mean by "get into"

Download it.

Can you do interhouse marriages in hopes of falling into a personal union or anything similar?
Since you said going to war against other houses pisses everyone off, how hard is it to make a united Morrowind?

I dropped a link in this thread. It's up further.

So far I've had dunmer from other houses available in the marriage list but I haven't been able to get another grandmaster to approve. I'm not sure if I can marry non-dunmer at all. Going to war with other houses doesn't have the negative consequences I originally thought. In fact, they're at war all the time. I have a member of the indoril family in my realm and I could press a claim for the whole house if I wanted. I think a united Morrowind is inevitable.

wew

Really? Took about 15 minutes for me.

Must be my computer/browser. Also, do I need to pull SVN shenanigans with downloading this?

I don't think so. I just downloaded it and moved it into my mods folder.

Stellaris is now copying Civ V. Heh,:
f oru m.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-55-unity-and-traditions.988693/

Already got ya fam

repeat ad nauseam

Surprised they haven't made a DLC that lets you get double mana or something yet.

theres a discount on hearts of iron 4 on steam and i'm tempted - how bad is it? what kind of faggotry do i have to expect? is there a deeper economy simulation or does it feel shallow?
who are the ottomans of the game?

I did it. I downloaded it.

Good job. Get ready to get v&

Pirate it you nigger.

The game has ridiculously awful AI, which is somewhat ironic considering they literally designed the game so that you have to use the AI or you face penalties in combat. For like 6 months the Germany AI would lose its entire army trying to send them from North Germany through the British Channel, down the west coast of Africa, and back up to Ethiopia to help Italy there (btw units in HoI4 can walk on water now). Still dunno if its been fixed.

Also its hugely imbalanced and way to easy to meme your way to world domination as Netherlands or even weaker nations once you get even a few hours of experience under your belt.

They kind of did.

You could say that EU4 has a mana inflation problem. Every patch just adds new ways to get mana and new ways to spend mana.

The King of Ebonheart was always butthurt that I had him tarred and feathered. Guess he had the last laugh.

This is bullshit, Renaissance always appears in Europe along with literally every other institution. The AI doesn't know how to get them to spawn outside Europe.

What mod is this? Looks very nice.

I defeated Japan as the PRC on my first ever game.

just read about the defaced hitler and goebbels portraits and the censored history videos. because history is apparently offensive. i can understand swapped swastikas, but this shit doesn't even have roots in german or any other law.
nevermind. after hearing what you said i won't even bother pirating this

Ally Austria and Hungary, then when the inevitable war comes, hope they come to the rescue. Once you take Adrianople and Macedonia back, as well as any other Greek provinces they have, it gets much easier.
Besides, despite their high force limit and general cheats, the Ottoman AI doesn't do shit with their navy.

Besides, even the Ottomans can't beat the HRE Emperor and Hungary at the same time, especially if the wargoal is "Take Constantinople," especially if Byzantium cockblocks the Turkroaches with a decent navy at the start.

I want to play with republic in eu4, could /gsg/ kindly give me some recommendations?

No economy system what so ever, just building factories to build weapons, tanks, ect. Without any player interaction, the Soviet Union destroys everyone, though can easily be destroyed by nearly any country in the hands of the player.

Would HoI4 be actually good if played with 8+ people?

I play it with friends every once in a while, pretty fun. You run out of things to actually do pretty quickly though.

And yet that user did it without even discovering Algeria, and this user posted China beating France in the technology department

13% literacy means you're about 30 years away from starting any growth plan.

Exactly, it's a way for the AI to be screwed (AI China sits around with 300% tech cost) while the player always becomes Kangz

Like other Paradox games the only advantage it has over older titles it that it doesn't desync. Which is pretty damn nice. Otherwise its the usual story of any shitty game being enjoyable if you're playing it with friends.

That is silly, even with heavy player cheesing. Getting to that point should require atleast some interaction with the rest of the world.

but they dicksovered coconut phones

WE

tell me how much of a retard i am for buying HOI4 on sale

You're pretty retarded.

From the sounds of it, the current incarnation has a not so retarded AI. From what I heard Japan actually fights in the pacific, instead of just dying.

STANDING

When I played it at release, Japan had conquered China by 1940

NO

I mean a DLC that just straight up gives you more mana. Pay to win, as it were.

Paradox is jewish but not that jewish.

t. Johan

Which models things better than previous HoIs where you built dedicated purpose troop transports. Automatic conversion of convoys into troop transports is more realistic as troop transports were often civilian conversions

You don't even need convoys to transport troops as long as its not a naval invasion. It's pretty ridiculous. All Germany needs to do is land a single paratrooper in the UK and the entire Wehrmacht can come over in a week

R8 my Palmyrene game in Extended Timeline mod. My only regrets are that my dynasty is Carthaginian, and that the game auto-converted me to Nestorian.

I bet Johan is behind this

Trying out the Imperium Universalis mod for EU4, it has some kind of food system based on trade good production but I just keep ending up with no food supplies which reduces me to gaining only 100 manpower per month.

Does anyone know how this shit is meant to even work?

The world of politics seems so petty now that I'm a werebeast.

/gsg/ get

I actually have two drives with one with all of my old Windows files on it already, and my new Linux drive. I can't seem to find a guide for dual booting between drives like that.

I can manage to get Vicky 2 vanilla to run just fine, same as EUIII, but I can't get the V2 launcher to work or EUIII mods other than CamOper's map to work.
Interestingly, I can get the V2 launcher to work after I install dotnet, but the game crashes. When I then install d3dx9_36, the launcher no longer works, so I'm stuck with V2 vanilla. Is there a way to use mods without the launcher?

Is there a pirate download for the new HoI4 DLC yet?

What's that supposed to be? That Roman rebel state?

it leads to literally all of allies, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia… everyone rushing to benelux like their ass is on fire. Fighting South Africans in Belgium during Fall Gelb. Fucking beautiful.

Those are some pretty nice borders if you fix Galicia.

Ancient city that ISIS and the Syrian government keep exchanging

What's wrong with having vassals?

Having more vassals/allies than your diplomatic relations limit reduces the amount of bird mana you receive by one point for each relation over the limit.

EU4 has the diplomatic relations limit, so it costs you an increasing amount of diplomatic points every month if you go over that limit.

Play a better game

Easier said than done.

It's not difficult to find a better game than EU4.

New