Obsidian lays off some staff

archive.is/0YfJc
So apparently Obsidian have layed off a good chunk of their staff as one of their major projects has been moved to Moscow. There's some rumors circulating that mail.ru essentially fired the company for doing a shitty job but they are unsubstantiated

Is Obsidian crashing with no survivors?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/FpbdY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do you fail that fucking bad with a tank?

Fuck Obsidian for releasing the shitty game known as Tyranny. They deserve what should be coming to them if they pissed off their Russian owners.

Optics failure.

Optics are a huge part when it comes to hitting a target. And unless the gunner is massively unqualified or incompetent, most blame can be put on shitty optics.

Also not a Tank.

Probably won't affect their RPG making division at all, but seriously what is it with tank games and Russia? And why the fuck were Obsidian, a company that does almost exclusively RPGs, working on that game in the first place?

What a shitty OP.

gee i wonder what went wrong

World of Tanks is the most popular game in Russia. Wargaming is basically the Blizzard of Russia with all the money they're swimming in.

Good, all SJW devs should lose their jobs

Whoa! It's almost like shoving a social agenda down the throats of potential consumers is a massive turnoff and serves only to drive away potential income.

Sure am glad they sacrificed dozens of jobs to push a narrative, boy oh boy, feels good to fight on the right side of history, don't it?

Except the layoffs have nothing to do with any of their games that had any social agendas in them. It's just Russians consolidating F2P tank game development.

Bethesda is still worse.

So let me get this straight

Am I right or wrong about this?

fucking red russian cheapskates undercutting hardworking and honest american videogame developers. someone get this to president trump srs

LADA STRONK

hue hue

This is an English imageboard.
You must be 18+ to post here.

Too bad nobody cares.

When Obsidian lost their lead writer it was all downhill. Now they've laid off a chunk of their workforce? Obsidian is in the shit now.

Any game that advertises itself as "over 100 hours of gameplay!" is sure to overstay its welcome.

Then what is it and why is it not a tank?

SPG

She was good at math
Literally the only reason she was there

Is that Alpharius?

what are the rates? i hate leveling but I'll join up if there's big time team pvp

Source?

Obsidian is about to be blacked

This.

I don't expect anyone on Holla Forums to believe me, but I played competitive WoT for a while on one of the big teams, WG talked to us about our ideas for balance and map design and so forth. Notably we and a few others were the reason why Severogorsk was completely redone from its original form.

When it came to balance issues, they flat out told us a number of times that "Our core audience in Russia wouldn't like that."

Wonder who Obsidian are listening to over Armored Warfare?

Well, you're probably lying your ass off but it doesn't really matter. Shit makes sense. You don't ignore the consumers that made you big in the first place.

Unless you're Obsidian :^)

No surprise their crashing and burning, Illfonic is a company comprised of 100% fuckups.

How so?

Have you seen their recent games?

I bet that Josh Sawyer piece of shit is still around.

Peculiar how in this list form, you can see clearly how shit Obsidian always was.

Obsidian was never really good it was their writers

I see Black Isle, Troika and Obsidian as the same lineage.

Is he Bane?

Tyranny is - unfortunately enough - one of the better RPG's that came out in recent years. I'm amazed they didn't get dropped after the absolute failure that was PoE tho'.

I guess I should replay it.

Everything what mair.ru touched turns in to roting shit pile. If it survive - the sell all assets to gooks and kill company.

Obsidian deserves to die. They're the new BioWare. Better nip that cancer in the bud before it blooms.

Honest question.
Why are people calling Obsidian SJW and whatnot?
I think the only game of theirs I've played is TSOT, so I wouldn't really know.
Are they Bioware-tier?

Because of that backer thing of PoE, mostly.

Over Pillars of Eternity and related hack getting fired mostly

Yeah, because Tyranny didn't happen.

that's a dude, isn't it?

The mediocre crpg with a cliffhanger ending and no real sjw material? Why, you plan on sperging out some more over it?

Here comes the Obsidian defense force pretending the blatantly obvious isn't true. Does it ever bother you that you've now been reduced to a ersatz biodrone?

I don't even know why you give a fuck about defending them considering all their good writers, not just Avellone, are gone, Sawyer does everything in his power to make the gameplay as shit as humanly possible and their writers might as well be pooled from whatever shithole BioWare gets them.

tyranny was a great game that was missing a fourth and fifth act.

The only poor component of Tyranny was ally AI, which everybody turns off anyway

Listen user, first you're not on Holla Forums and second your husbando is quite literally one of those sjws you're gunning for. A hardliner sjw at that.

Get your priorities straight and stop snapping at every faggot that rightfully calls that particular snowflake out as such.

It could do with a friendly fire toggle to reduce muh barrage builds

I didn't think they could get any dumber but they managed to do it.
archive.is/FpbdY

Why was Obsidian contracted to make a tank game?

Bethesda churn out broken products built on hype, whim, and borderline lies. But they aren't SJWs.

A desperate need for cash, probably.

Did you fail your math classes in school?

It's pretty easy

He used a last return instead of first return lase on the target and got an incorrect range input. The ballistic targeting computer thought the car was further away from the tank than it actually was, so while the gunner's aim would've been dead on according to his targeting screen, the computer actually overcompensated and sent the round too high.

What probably happened is the laser rangefinder lased through the windows and got a return from the sandbank behind the car.

Who is that hack and why is he so important?
Did he told them that their stories were shit?

Just pick the pair that hears your damn voice and stick with it, im surprised that they waste time drawing an extra pair, when they dont give a fuck about the nose and mouth details

2006 was 20 years ago

user stop you're drunk. Or a time traveler.

user, the [CURRENT YEAR] was 11 years ago.
Does that make you feel old?

Chris Avellone. Lead writer for most of their projects, before he left the company. Largely responsible for New Vegas' writing and speech checks being good. No longer with Obsidian.

Well there was that POE backer content getting removed because it was a short poem about a man jumping off a cliff after he accidentally slept with a man that he thought was a woman.

POE also had some pretty shit writing overall and the gameplay was no help.

Now with Tyranny, every woman is a capable warrior every man a bumbling idiot and every line was written one handed by a man with a femdom fetish.

Didn't they make a free to play shooter? That was retarded of them.

I AM OLD

somebody call Trump
he'll fix this

Gameplay was just fucking bad. It consisted of "Set up a shield wall and let your mages spam level 1 AoE DoT spells". I have no idea if it got better after the third town and level 8 because I gave up when they decided that murdering everything in an area with no witnesses should result in a loss of reputation with the faction you murdered.

Obsidian were never good game devs, they just had good enough writers to make up for their poor coding skills. See: every Obsidian game considered good.

I've been playing New Vegas lately and liking it. I thought Obsidian was one of the better vidya companies.

Working with paradox and making RPGs is pretty good imo.
I'm having a hard time seeing the SJW angle too unless they changed a lot from New Vegas. I mean maybe I am just numb to the propaganda which is in all video games but from the little I have seen of obsidian such as New Vegas and playing that southpark game at a mates…. They seem to do story as well as can be expected and equality of sexes in a vidya RPG works as well as it is supposed to really.

I mean they may have made some bad decisions but them dying as a company is not that great to will on imo…

This
All their games got saved by decent writers and modders

Paradox is a really shitty company user, just from a quality perspective. The last decent game they made was HOI3, and even that had huge problems, not to mention they're one of the worst companies for DLC, especially DLC for things that should be in the base game and bug fixes

New Vegas was over 6 years ago, dude. How many companies that you hate now were on your shitlist that long ago?

Also, Obsidian had already been downsized since New Vegas so most likely everyone responsible for that game being worth a shit were already fired years ago.

I know main writer John Gonzalez is working on Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Well I got burned by Paradox about 8 years back and pirated everything of theirs since. I've since played and enjoyed Vikcy 2 and CK2 so much I feel a tad guilty as I have sunk a lot of time into those games. I really don't care much about the DLC due to this and the bugs aren't too bad because I'm playing for FREE. I might donate to them. That said I would be pretty pissed with them if I did pay money for their games up front because I do often have a lot of problems with them until I figure out how to iron them out.

I'm a bit behind the ball, I only started playing New Vegas this month. I'm a couple of years behind everyone.

I hate EA games because they are fags who keep downgrading their games and they fucked Spore. I've hated them for almost a decade now. Also when those fags bought out Bullfrog and fucked Dungeon Keeper. I hate EA a lot.

Ubisoft too for other reasons. Everything they make is copy pasted and their products are incredibly formulaic without a soul or intelligent writing. Ass Creed etc. memorable? I did like Far Cry 2 though but it lacked a lot that it should have had and the guns pissed me off. Now that I think about it maybe I am too harsh on them. They are not good but nowhere near as shit as EA.

I don't think I have liked Infinity Ward for a decade either.

I'll remember more as they come up in conversation I guess. The biggest name game company that I can think of that I like in order of most well known is probably Rockstar as Red Dead Redemption was fun and GTA4 was dope.

They made a F2P WoT clone which is even more retarded.