Join our Mumble server for Squid Squad voicechat (usually Friday / Saturday):

wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page

8v.servers.moe or 8ch.servers.moe - Port: 64738 - "Vidya General" -> "Splatoon"

Post your Nintendo Network ID here for extra fun times:

>>>/smek/4

Got any dank squid memes post it in the thread whenever you can

Remember to post in-game screenshots directly for best quality;

——————

Does anyone like to use abilities to make fun builds? Post your favorite ones!

●CURRENT NEWS:
Will Splatoon Switch have motion controls and break the foundation of the game? Found out More at 11.

It probably will have motion controls. I don't care

●VERY IMPORTANT:
Chef Boyardee SUX DICK

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/towano_k/status/774186135392137216
twitch.tv/endgametv3
steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
darkhorse.com/Blog/2452/dark-horse-has-inkling-about-splatoon-fans
u.nya.is/xxjzjl.jpg
twitter.com/DoubleAgentGuy/status/819770294290087936
twitter.com/hyamazaki26/status/819777537375014914
twitter.com/hyamazaki26/status/819788254534696960
twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/819831233576189956
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OCTOLINGS SUCKKKKKKKKKKK DICK

cute!

I'd stop shitposting if I were you.

dead thread for a dead game
I wan 2 fug Marie

Suck a fat a brick old timer

I'll totally be back for Spla2n

i think octarians take some partial inspiration from the borg. at least aesthetically.

Lonely single squid seeks ranked battle partner. Enjoys winning battles, co-ordination, memes. Dislikes de-ranking into A, losing, teammates who don't play the objective fucking jap garbage it isn't hard you just have to shoot the zone fuck

What?

its a spam bot. its why captcha faggotry is in full effect

the half-done-harry

Four in mumble.

While I know I'm not good enough for s+ yet and I do rush a lot, this isn't something that should be happening in s rank. At least get 1 kill dumbass you cost us the match.

This is why you should just squad up with us.

Doesn't squads not allow for rank increase, or did I just hear misinformation?

CUNTBOYS

If you're in S or above, squadding won't increase your rank or let you league up. Otherwise it's the same as a normal match.

Post panties

Why live?

My plan was to get s+ rank, then make an alt account to play with you guys. It will take a while, but it just wouldn't feel right to me.

There's two in Mumble, just…. by the way

Muh heart

God dammit

I wish I was a cute inkling girl

Faggot

They sure do.

So with my detective skills I found out why people are picking up the Squiffer

Its from this dude
twitter.com/towano_k/status/774186135392137216

i dont live too far away, do you want me to go Holla Forumssplore?

Bring back inklings.

That's not Callie. Good art, though.

why live

Marie is Hillary Clinton, confirmed.

That doesn't make any sense, Marie won her election.

You guys are just like the butthurt #NotMyPresident shillary supporters.

Dubs confirm Marie won fair and square.

the dog bowl isnt that weird, that was her first splatfest team.

>Not first Splatfest win

Suck it catfags

Get Fucked Callie Fags

yes

Whose Alive to twin squad

Aren't those ball things his eating made of squids?

They're takoyaki made if Octopus.

I forgot to save all those memes, could someone repost them?

Those pencil shavings sprinkled on top are the SHIT

Been a while since this game released, surely you anons must have some highlights to share. Here's a memorable moment I had:

wish I could've "gg no re"'d the other team

I haven't played since the Transformers splatfest only because I rearranged my room and don't have enough outlets near the tv

I went 15 and 3 with a Splat Charger once

well its supposed to be a support weapon, i think. in any case its really splatisfying when you and your team mates end up complimenting each other. i mean in terms of gameplay, not just spamming booyah

MAKE
MEMES

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

THE HELL IS EVERYONE ITS RAINMAKER TIME

Gonna play ranked for a bit in 10 minutes or so. Will be in Mumble if anyone wants to squad.

Such is life in A rank.

Hey anons, what do you think of the Hydra Splatling and it's retarded cousin, the custom Hydra Splatling?

Fun to use hard to master.

The Hydra is the best weapon in the game when it's firing, and quite shitty otherwise. It encourages a very defensive, controlling playstyle similar to most chargers which is complemented by the echolocator special.

I like the inclusion of the splat bomb from a design perspective, since it's a decent close- and mid-range weapon, while not being something with too much utility like burst bombs (I still hate the E-Litre). The patch which let it kill people in three hits was also a good idea even though I was skeptical initially, since it's a very loud, visible weapon while charging and doesn't have a lot of good recourse options if interrupted. That plus the movement speed penalty turn it into an interesting with unique upsides and downsides. I have definitely been shot around corners by the Hydra a lot, but it's a good weapon and I am happy to have it in the game.

Bullsht thats able to Weazle its fucking face with bubbler

also Mother fucking rapid fire shots kill so fast I cant even watch the bullet entering my squid skull happening

thank the fucking lord

I just realized something about the switch. If they want to do VR, they could just do it like the Google Cardboard thing.

That would almost certainly be a poor VR experience though, unless the system is light and has a very high-resolution display.

Can't make it to squid fight tonight, so I'll be in the Mumble for about an hour and a half. One day I'll make it out of this A-rank hell.

Get in here, squiggas
It's rainmaker

I want cephalopod headpats.

what does it say?

Here you go fam.

My love for the Luna blaster on tower control never seems to die.

Only one of those things are true.

Then that means you need to get better taste user but 1/3 is a starting point.

I've seen how that shit is made.
They dry fish and leave it to get all moldy and rock hard and then shave it off.

I think you need to get better taste.

Both are equal in how they are terrible they are.

Marie is best sister, proven in battle and conquest. Never forget final splatfest

There's a Splatoon tournament thing going on
twitch.tv/endgametv3

ayy lmao

Ayy lmao

We have three in the mumble
Get in here!

No

It wasn't the fanbase attempting to affect my feelings toward it.

Bam

bui here

please erp with me as klonoa with stinky paws and i'll stop :3

my discord is Bui#3468
steam steamcommunity.com/id/furrets
you must have a cute klonoa avatar or i won't add you~

I can't but it doesn't mean I can't enjoy both at different times.

bump

Anyone got that meme of me guiding the 9/11 plane into the tower as Im holding my yakitori meal

In fact someone post all those memes -I didn't get to save them all.

DANK
SQUID
MEMES

ALLAHU OCTOBAR

ALLAHU OCTOBAR

Quick! I need spats and cute squid girls in spats!

soundcloud.com/botanicsage/super-ink-shooter

So it's come full circle, has it?

Post Callies

She makes my heart go all doki-doki

I wish I was balls deep inside one.

Why does this happen?

I don't

I guess I'll share a story of my own.
>5 seconds left
>teammates spamming NICE! like crazy
Saving the day feels real fucking good man.

This.

I finally have free time to sploon again, please don't be dead.

Whoops reached S+ 99 then retired

My Bad

Get that trash out of here.

octolings are sssssluts

[CAUTIOUS HYPE]
darkhorse.com/Blog/2452/dark-horse-has-inkling-about-splatoon-fans

Rad

Thread is
TOO
FUCKING
SLOOOOOW
Post cute squids

Now we're cooking

Also…Marie a best

Posting squids ay?

How do you deal with it user?

cont. with squidposting

Last one…I got more if anybody wants em'
Also got lewd squids and lewd squids accessories…lewd octos sold separately

There's a criminal lack of these, and there will never be enough.

Merry Squidmas, Holla Forums!

It's been a crazy journey. Merry Squidmas.
we never got the squidmas album the squid sisters mentioned in the single player
u.nya.is/xxjzjl.jpg

fixed your stupid first image

It should have been called "The Art of Turfwar"

well guys, I'm not going to be able to join squid night it this weekend like most of you I guess
but I wish you all a merry christmas!

6/10 meme also merry Christmas to you too user

We have 3 in Mumble. It's rainmaker for another hour.

Gotta get you ready to run for Congress in 2018.

Merry Christmas, you guys.

I don't join that often, but meh. Spread the cheer etc.

Merry Christmas to you and other anons as well

merry christmas!

Merry Squidmas

Merry Christmas

just here for squidgirls

bump

Dont mind me just posting my inkling

Happy holidays squiddos

Some of you squids are alright. Come play Splatoon this Saturday and we'll look back on the current year of Splatoon and discuss things like usual. And don't let your memes be dreams.

What could she mean by this?

Hope you all had a Merry Squidmas

Same too you user

Bam

What kind of bullshittery is this? I thought your online account was saved on a server not locally like every other online game ever made.
Fuck me first I hurt my back now this, thanks nintendo.

2016 is almost over. Nearly 2 years of being a kid then being a squid then being a kid then begin a squid then being a kid. Stay Fresh.

And I hope squidding around is even faster and at a constant 60FPS.

This could be a good excuse to hack your Wii U and use the save editor.
Or not. Getting a fresh start and earning your stuff back is kinda fun.
Let's hope they realized their mistake in making saves local and will fix this for Splatwoon.

Bamp

Why did her sucker suddenly turn into an asshole?

because suckers do that to grab things.

You might be onto something.

Squidmums are cute, the next game should have them.

agreed

anyone got that ebola draw?

blood circulation ( ° ʖ °)

Even now, this game inspires new High-Quality Rips.

I came..

Wait, so not only are they squid lolis, they also have that delicious dog pussy puffy vulva on their tentacles?

Inklings truly are the miracle of the universe.

Happy new Years and remember that Octolings are Superior

Happy new year squiddos. Looking forward to switch play splatting

her gun has too much spaghetti in it

There is nothing wrong with Octos.

Bam

Bam

Bim?

dead thread for a dead game

WOOMY SWAG

but the bellhat is shit

1v1 me

HAIL SATAN

dead

Some best girl should help.

Remove Nintendo of America

is my art dumping killin the thread

No, Splatoon is just dead. Wait for the Switch presentation next week; if Splatwoon is announced as a launch title, these threads will pick up with speculation and excitement, and become more active than ever after launch because the Switch's playerbase is going to be much larger than the Wii U's.

POST MORE CUTE SQUIDLINGS AND MORE CUTE MARIE

Sorry I haven't been active in a awhile Ive been doing IRL stuff I'll be on later 2nite

What a shame.

Unless it has some amazing launch titles I doubt it, people called the Wii U gimmicky but this looks worse.
Why would I buy a portable console when I could buy a 3DS?

Impressive.

OFF BY ONE

Wii U was DOA. People thought it was a fucking Wii add on. Lots of normalfags are already excited about the Switch. It will be more successful than the Wii U.
I can't argue with that retard logic.

Pray tell, how is it retard logic?

Can it ever be stopped?

It has nothing but ports and yet a fucking again shitendo decided to focus on yet more gimmicks that every dev will stop using one year after launch then good hardware, it's already dead.
Oh and no backwards compatibility.

Nintendo should just stop making consoles because they keep fucking it up, stick with handhelds, Splatoon 3DS when?

Go ahead and pick up a 3DS and install CFW if you want, but what does that have to do with the Switch? You are crazy if you think Nintendo isn't going to kill the 3DS off in a year or two to make room for a phone-sized Switch Mini.

Nintendo is a business. I liked the Wii U and its library but the mass market wouldn't give it the time of day. The alternative to the Switch selling well would be Nintendo getting out of the home console business completely.
The signalling from Nintendo seems to suggest that they are abandoning any pretense of Wii casualness, and are instead trying to get normalfags excited about real games again, even pushing Splatoon as an "esport." I can get behind that.

The Switch is the least gimmicky Nintendo console since the GameCube. It's a tablet with game controls that can be docked to a TV. There's no forced motion controls, no dual screens, no emphasis on touch. It's a pure, completely traditional gaming machine, with an new form factor that allows them to target both the handheld and home console markets with the same hardware. Not only will it not affect game design the way the older gimmicks did, it actively discourages control gimmicks because you can't use the touch screen when it's docked. It should be everything a Nintendofag that wants them to "get back to their roots" could dream of, short of an uber powerful x86-based Sony/Microsoft killer that was never going to fucking happen after the Wii U crashed and burned
That is what you are going to fucking get with the Switch. A portable Splatoon.

Honestly, I'd like to see more Splatoon merch, have the shit for small tourney prizes.

But then again I'm just a fag for cute Squidgirls

>Yes goy, buy our new console for 6 GORILLION dollarydoos instead of the cheaper alternative with a bigger library and more compact size
And I'm the one with "retard" logic.

That's like saying
It's a valid argument but it's completely irrelevant to the discussion of whether or not the Switch is going to be a successful console.
And frankly, if you aren't excited to play a new Splatoon in whatever form it takes, why the fuck are you in this thread?

Shut up.

why

motion controls on the 3ds would be terrible. And not too mention the 3DS wasn't as powerful when splatoon came out

L E T T H E M E M E S B E G I N

Looks like it's hatching out of an egg or something
I have come, to feeeeeeed

BUMP

Fresh OC from the drawthread

cute

Bam

TONIGHT AT 11PM EASTERN, BOYS

SPLA2N CONFIRMED AT LAUNCH, MARK MY WORDS

My money is on port, but nigga if it's Spla2n I'm going to lose my shit in a good way.

Decorate your squid's room when?

Why aren't octolings real

Since we're definitely going to get to see Splat2n tonight, anyone want to speculate for the last time?

I think it will either be a launch title, or it will come out in May like the original did, just before summer vacation for the kiddies.

I would like more social and creative features. Like in-game text chat, being able to hang out in town with your friends, a room you can decorate, and so on. More customization options for clothing and such so you don't see so many people looking like clowns for the stats.
I'm hoping the Switch will have system-integrated voice chat like other consoles. I understand why Nintendo has avoided it, to keep the system family friendly, but it would be really convenient for squads.
I want more cute clothing like skirts and dresses

More of the same. A solid multiplayer shooter with limited in-game interaction so there aren't kids screaming into mics and calling people faggots. It's probably for the best this way.

A minimap is a possibility but not a given. I think the unused L trigger will be used to bring up a transparent full screen map overlay, which if it opens instantly will be like looking down at your gamepad but even easier. While the map is open, three of the face buttons will select a squid to jump to, and the fourth will jump to spawn. If they do it right it will be way faster and more consistent than jumping is now, so much so that they might even have to slow down the pre-jump animation.
Or they could go full retard and make you use the IR pointer.
Gyro is confirmed in the patents, so motion control isn't going anywhere. No mention of the pro controllers, though. I'll be seriously pissed if the Pro lacks a gyro.

Rumor has it, due to a semi-recent Nintendo patent and something the Senran Kagura dev said, that the Switch supports advanced haptic feedback.
Imagine being able to touch your squid

We saw new hairstyles, pants, and gloves in the trailer, giving us potentially six categories of gear. I can see three different ways that this can work into your stats:
Everything has stats, each item just gives a lesser effect. I don't think they will do this because juggling six pieces of gear and trying to figure out what your opponent's build from a glance would be too difficult.
The new gear is purely cosmetic, builds are still centered around hats, shirts, and shoes. The game balance doesn't change, you just get more options to customize your look.
Everything has stats, and you get to pick 3 pieces of gear from the 6 you are wearing to receive stats from. This would be the most interesting solution, giving you the opportunity to wear gear that looks nice but doesn't match your build.

No matter what, it's going to get complicated to tell what builds people have, so I think they will start directly showing everyone's stats during the start of match animation, the way they do when you get splatted. The fact that players now start in a line might be a part of that. Along those lines, it would be nice if you could see what gear your teammates are wearing in squads, the way you can see their weapons now. Even cooler if you see their actual models hanging out in the lobby.

(gladly check'd)

Your dubs give me hope man, and while I still expect a port, I definitely would love to see a sequel that gives you more things to screw around with. Especially just things to spend money you either don't feel like wasting to reroll stats or don't want to.

I wouldn't mind voice chat like other consoles, but for Splatoon itself I say keep it no voice chat. I'd have probably been banned by now considering the number of racial slurs and allusion's to world war II I've made on the various Japanese player's I've had to deal with over the course of playing.

That being said, a much bigger community so I can see more and more squid drawings plus hanging out with other squids in their rooms/apartments would be really cool. It'd also give them a chance to do something else with all the money you get in your squid deathmatches

I was wrong fam

GLORY TO SPLATOON

I honestly didn't think it was going to actually be Splatoon 2 and I'm glad I was wrong.

I hope those new specials aren't gonna be Overwatch tier OP.
Other than that I'm hyped.

Whats happened?

Perfect.

SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON

I claimed it was going to be a port with a few extra features. Turns out it's a full blown sequel.

WHY THE FUCK IS ONLINE A PAID FOR THING NOW

That was quick Octolings soon I hope

They have paid online now?, Crap

GUYS THEY'RE PANDERING TO ME

twitter.com/DoubleAgentGuy/status/819770294290087936

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Was that course really in there or are you fucking with me fam

paid online but no more region locking

Oh look . . . Mario Kart 8 Deluxe trailer for Switch . . . I wonder what relevance it could have for this thread . . .

Now even if I can save enough money to get a switch after not being able to afford a Wii U or game this entire generation I won't be able to play with you guys for long. I heard it was just for premium services I hope so I can't afford

E X C E L L E N T

just get a job lol

It turns out my decision to avoid MK8 on Wii U has paid off.

I would if I could user

ok now tell them to fire treehouse and have nintendo europe translate everything

GOD FINALLY

And rightfully so. Hopefully you Euro's get the same in yours

So, is Callie dead?

HEY A DEMO

twitter.com/hyamazaki26/status/819777537375014914

I'm glad that worst sister is finally gone after their humiliating defeat

didnt know buzzfeed had a jp office

I wonder how pozzed and multicultural it is

Yeah, but now it looks like Marie will be all sullen and have no one to play off of.

Or the octolings kidnapped callie and we the player have to rescue her

$300 by itself was too much.
If the online subscription is just for social media bullshit, there might be some hope.
If you need to subscribe to play online, this game is fucking dead, this console is fucking dead, Nintendo is fucking dead.

I loved Splatoon enough to buy this fucking thing day one if Splatoon had been a launch title. That's literally the only game I own for my Wii U, I would happily do it again for Splat2n. But now? I don't want it any more. I don't care.
Fuck you Nintendo, you fucking retards. You had more potential than you had in a decade and you threw it in the fucking garbage.

FUCK

Paid online is trash, but I'll pay for it if its worth it, and less then like 10 bucks.

$10? $10 a month? That's $120 a year, or two full games a year. Are you really going to pay that much every year for Splatoon, the only worthwhile online game Nintendo has?

Yep.
I really really liked splatoon, and want to see it not die like Chibi-robo, or go missing like Mach Rider. I will support any video game series with actual fucking boss battles.

That is the part of Splatoon that you thought was worth preserving?

What? The boss fights were fun, and interesting. And the final boss was fucking hype as fuck. Of course the multiplayer is great, but I personally hate the fact fact that most shooters nowadays don't have anything besides multiplayer.

I'm going to miss you fags.
A decent online game that isn't a pain in the ass isn't meant to last.

You do.
It's on the switch's website.

You can complete the campaign in one sitting. It's just an appetizer to get you warmed up for the main course of multiplayer that you will spend hundreds of hours on.
It's a fucking tutorial. It could have never existed and the game would have stood on its own. But take the multiplayer away, and Splatoon would have drowned in the kiddie pool.

Citation needed.
no don't. I'm not ready for you to completely kill Splat2n and Nintendo for me

Forward what you're thinking to Nintendo. People complaining about region locking got a Japanese company to go back on a policy, which is no small feat. Their online policy is not established yet so if they get the impression a certain course of action will hurt them they may well avoid it and say keep some of their major titles open to draw in more users.

WELCOME TO DIE

On the site it says that it will be free until fall 2017, in which they plan to release the paid online. Wii u and 3ds games will not require paid online though, so I guess it's sticking to the wii u or waiting until emulators are good enough. The wording on the free nes or snes game is weird, becuase if it is you only get the game for the month then that's really a dick move. Plus it didn't show playable octolings, so I see no reason to get it.

It's been fun lads.

This right here. We need to tell them that they are killing one of their biggest advantages over other consoles instead of using it as one of their biggest strengths

It depends, peer to peer can be quite terrible for online play and relies a lot on the other end having good internet. It's entirely reasonable for Nintenjew to do this
if
all online games are actually run on dedicated servers, if not then it really is maximum jewery.

They really have nothing too lose on offering both. Free if you run it yourself and take your chances with the internet connection, payed if use their dedicated servers. It would literally cost them nothing and it would mostly keep anons and other perverts off the servers with the pure innocent kiddies.

Honestly, I was upset about the paid online, but if it means not raging over constant disconnects during Splatfests, it might be worth it.

Plus, as much as people are saying they're dropping the Switch over paid online, I'm willing to bet that once Splatoon 2 hype kicks in during the summer, most of you guys will probably end up caving in.

Not even Sony or MS do dedicated servers, Nintendo won't either.

Don't worry, the switch has no voice chat, you have to download an app for that on your phone.

You will be paying $10 a month for the same fucking P2P multiplayer. All of that money is going to DeNA.

either way, you're already addicted

you know, this shot almost makes Marie look like she's the villain

Wait really? For fucks sake.
Welp I might just wait for wiiU emulation to take off and keep playing 1 on the PC if and when they take down online for the wiiu.

I was hoping that the Switch Splatoon game would be a sequel just because it would mean that they wouldn't be shutting down online play for 1 too soon. Of course, I have my doubts they ever will take down online play for it. The only reason older Nintendo games can't be played online anymore is cause of the whole Gamespy thing.

I took it as more of a mourning squid.

Probably mourning over the fact her popularity drove Callie away

I think it's more likely she's mourning the death of her career because no-one likes her

No, not really. People are just distorting public announcements to play on others disappointments and rile people up. There is nothing said about a pricepoint or what you would be paying for either.

Yea the website says you have to download an app for voice chat, not available till fall 2017.

The matchmaking system is a server and costs Nintendo money, considering the quite quick drop of the WiiU and the new push for paying for online play I would not be surprised if WiiU online is dropped much quicker then the Ds or Wiis did.

If Microsoft and Sony are currently charging for peer to peer online there is nothing stopping Nintendo from doing that themselves and from a business standpoint why waste easy money like that?

was replying to the shit deal xbox plus is, that is fucking hilarious though.

I'll play the summer with you faggots on the wii u. I told myself I'd wait until s+, but I don't think I'll hit that in time. I'll just set up the alternate account and just start leveling up to play with you guys. Too busy right now, but maybe one day.

twitter.com/hyamazaki26/status/819788254534696960
Rollers have an alt-fire. Looks like longer range in a straight line in front of you.

If it's as cheap as Pokemon Bank or close I'll do it. If it's more like PS+ or XBL, probably not. I'm really hoping that backlash leaves this program dead in the water and the planned launch of the paid service in fall never happens, but I'd pay 10 bucks a year for it. What's bullshit is that they're padding out the service with garbage no one will use like a fucking voice chat app for your phone and "free" NES games that you're only allowed to play for a month, so they're almost certainly trying to justify a higher price.

Because it's not easy money. Nintendo is benefiting right now from being the last console left with free online (though less than they could be, because they have fuckall games that take advantage of it). The audience that ditched Sony for Nintendo/PC when Sony adopted paid online will just move fully to PC.

Or maybe gramps is dead

Maybe that's the point. If the Switch is going to have more online games, then that might be why they plan on charging.

Considering the "1 2 Switch" game is Wii Sports all over again I don't think the core buyer base Nintendo is going for will question it, especially if the other two players are doing it already and having no problems.

We know that splatfest was hacked by Russians you shitsquirter.

Don't you fucking do that to me. Gramps is still kicking it with DJ Octavio in that sweet snowglobe

Don't do this to me user ;_;

Face it, I haven't played this game in over a year, I was really excited to play the sequel, now I'll probably never play another Splatoon again.

Splatoon is P2P. One player out of the 8 is selected to be the host, they become the "game server" and take on all of the real cost of hosting an online game.
The matchmaking server does literally less work than a web server from 1996. All it does is matchmake. It costs maybe a few thousand dollars a year to run, for a game that sold
MILLIONS OF COPIES
at $60, or even better,
SOLD A FUCKING $300 CONSOLE ALL BY ITSELF

but hey, at least my super jump predictions were right

Been busy playing SupCom and studying lately. I should drop by some other time to join you guys. Definitely will be on Spl2n too. Also, are you really going to shit on all the switches games?
>Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion bomb battle, niggas

I bought a Wii U for Splatoon and never bought any other game. It was a game so good that I could drop $300 on it and be happy.
If you have to pay for online, in addition to the $300 system price tag and $60 for Splatoon, then I'm skipping it. That's too much in general and another bill that I don't need to worry about. And if I, the autist that bought a $300 squid machine, won't buy it, then you know this thing is completely fucked.

I think I'll have a good library.

Finally having integrated voice chat and friend lobbies totally… doesn't make up for it.

Squid feet confirmed

It's a smartphone app. You may as well download discord to your phone and use it instead.

So have Nintendo literally just reinvented the wheel by having a smart phone do everything a smart phone can already do?

I might just cave in and buy the switch for Xenoblades 2 and Splatoon 2, as for the online, might as well try a few months subscription to see if they have really solved a lot of their networking problems, if I am still disconnecting like a motherfucker, then I will just cancel it and just play single player games on the switch.

Poorfags will never not make me laugh.

Who is this?

Not Marie so I don't care

Let's end this thread the right way; watching Treehouse suck hard at Splat2n

True but what if she is the replacement to Callie I can did that

Did Nintendo even play their own game?

Maybe they weren't good enough for Marie

Special weapons seem overall less powerful, but they seem to charge up faster (or maybe you don't lose as much on death? I didn't see clearly). "Big ink splash" or "fly around and make yourself a slow-moving easy target" certainly aren't almighty the way bombrush or inkzooka are.

I like the roller spread select. It's a pretty elegant change to the way rollers usually play, but being able to retain a splat charger full charge and swim around just seems ridiculously overpowered.

Probably only played turf wars.

Because it's not easy money since people will not buy it if they have to pay for online and you could instead get more easy sales by just letting them use their own bandwidth to have free pvp and spending $0 in doing so.

twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/819831233576189956
Abilities are no longer locked onto specific gear

Oh shit son. We're motherfucking Style Savvy now.

CALLIE IS DEAD

Little did you know we were deciding which squid sister would be executed

The only good news from this announcement. Bring on the loli feet and child waifu dressup.

was that a fludd hover nozzle?

my penis thinks theyre real

Now that we've had a chance to sleep on it, what are you all going to do?
I was going to buy a Switch so I could play Splatoon 2 at launch, but no chance in fucking hell I'm paying $300 + $60 for the game + whatever their online subscription fee is. Just gonna wait it out and hope it sells so bad that they're forced to change. Really sucks, I was looking forward to playing it at launch since I missed the launch of the original.

That jetpack is the dumbest shit and you know it's going to break maps.

i guess it depends on the fee. if its like 2 dollars a month and i get lagless battles, you know i just might. or maybe ill get lucky and die so i dont have to make that decision.

Would probably still try to get it because muh Zelda but pray and hope that the reconsider the online fee

I'm telling you, this is not going to have dedicated servers. It will be P2P like every other multiplayer console game that isn't an MMO. The only way connection quality gets improved at all is if br huehues stop paying for online as an unintended side effect.

There's always the Wii U version.

im not saying im expecting that. im saying if thats the case i might warm up to it.
heavens no i expect to be disappointed but i love being wrong.

Right now I'm leaning towards buying it at Splatoon's release and seeing what happens. If the fee when the trial period ends is too high, I'll just take it offline and wait for CFW. Announcements between now and then could easily tip me toward not buying it at all, though.

Playing our favourite ded gaem if anyone wants to join me. Rotation is TC on Bluefin and Kelp Dome.

Gonna make a new thread now

NEW THREAD

Man I hate splatoon streamers and fuck this dude