Hip-Hop In Vidya

MadWorld and Anarchy Reigns are known best for their quality soundtracks composed of almost entirely hip-hop, but I'm want to know if Holla Forums can name any other games that use hip-hop styles in their music. Could be entire soundtracks, could be individual songs, anything is fine, I'd just like to see what else vidya has made use of hip-hop in.

fuck off with your nigger music

Jet set radio

Is this less offensive to your weeb taste?

fuck off with your gook shit

Maybe you prefer spics?

The World Ends With You
There's a little bit of everything, but mostly rap and rap remixes of songs in the OST.

Great fucking game, too.

instant drop

Something about this fellow makes me trust him. I have the sudden urge to ask him if I can borrow money at reasonable rates of interest

This shit gets me hype no matter what.

my name is knuckles
I'll give you some trouble
so you best be checking my muthafuckin doubles
so if you wanna scrap
go ahead and flap ya gums
I'll go toe to toe witcha one on one
hittin you harder than some coke and rum
slappin yo bitch on her bum's enough to make her cum
so when you see me in your thread you betta fuckin run
this verse is done now take me to the second one

Hi Holla Forums, still trying to do the D&C thing, eh?

here we go

Thread ruined by drama loving faggots

Sorry fam, this is a topic you aren't allowed to talk about.

Less shit threads the better.

Glad we sorted that out.

Is licensed music okay?

Then literally the entire soundtrack to Thrasher

You fap to that?

Licensed is fine, but mostly curious about original tracks composed for games.

A lot of skate games, GTA games, and DJ Hero would automatically qualify.

MadWorld and Anarchy Reigns is the exception
AR for PC please

I wonder why Hip-hop is so underused in vidya tracks. Sure they probably use it in the marketing, but never in games for either boss fights or exciting levels.

Most big-name games have major boners for generic orchestra. Any game emulating street culture usually goes for poser punk rock. Games about gangsta culture have mostly fallen out of favor since the end of the 00s. And it's probably hard to find good hip-hop musicians to work on game music if the devs can't do it themselves.

Lisa the Painful sorta counts. Instrumentals only though

Explain?

Actually it's more of an upgrade for the designated curse-button, but since cursing is all fiddy does in this game, I regard it as the general speech-upgrade.

Outside of Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style and Cerebrawl, I'm having a hard time thinking of other games with unlicensed hip-hop soundtracks.

Things that immediately come to mind are TJ Combo's themes in Killer Instinct and Capcom's use of hip-hop whenever Final Fight is involved (FF stage in CVS1, Cody in SSF4, Haggar in UMVC3).

There's also Slum No.5 for the American Sports Team in the early KOF games.

The Street in MK3 as well.

I should have remembered this one immediately.

The only nigger music I could stand was in Kingpin, because it fits the setting. Anywhere else without niggers within, it's pure cancer.

Persona 3's ost. Mass destruction is my favorite battle theme ever.

As said, it's just a normalfag thing. That said, a shit hip hop song can sink a game just as well as it making an action scene even more intense depending on the situation. It's a strange situation when the japs can insert hip hop into their vidya better than any western dev.

SONICS THE NAME, SPEED IS MY GAME

One of the most fitting song choices in any game ever

THPS has patrician hip hop.

I like that his name Blacker Baron because the original Black Baron was actually a white guy in blackface.

NMH 1 & 2 has a good soundtrack in general Shame 2 has pretty generic names for the assassins in two though

Anyways, some non-nigger rap music, pretty comfy to listen to while playing.

lol

pls email [email protected]/* */ if you're a cat named sakamoto and want a cute furret to lick your paws
Many of facebook services like spam detection run on Haskell.

this shit is absurd

Getting Up is pretty much exclusively hiphop. Then again it's a game about grafitti and ghetto stuff so that would be expected.
The Tony Hawk games get a little bit of hiphop every now and again.
Xenoblade X has it's main battle theme, which contains 'rap'. it's shit but starts to grow on you once you've heard it enough.
I'm sure Devil's Third had some hiphop music in it's OST but I can't remember

HOW QUICKLY THE TIDE TURNS

i-i kinda panicked during that

WoW

I disappointed, Holla Forums.

fuck

Those crazy slant-eyed fucks and their nip-hop.

now that i think about it that beat is very familiar

Play fate instead you fucking faggot.

I still gotta play MadWorld, thanks for the reminder

Muh nigga.

Hip Hop is for niggers.
Niggers don't play games (much).
Hence no audience.

obligatory

I'M THE DOMINATOR
ON THE CROSSFADER
ON THE CROSSFADER
YEAH I'M THE DOMINATOR

Thanks man!

Watching this scene again after having played the game and knowing the truth is interesting.

chess