Lightning killed Final Fantasy

T-thanks Square for turning this shitshow into a trilogy to recoup the costs of your pointless Luminous engine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JUKtMjcELPE
finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Fortress
youtu.be/fRKAA8NoFXk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is the first week sales over?

this is the first good thing to come from Lightning

Why would anyone need more Final Fantasy after getting Lightning, she's literally perfect.

Yeah. It's without digital sales which could be another 100k.

Source: https:[email protected]/* */[email protected]/* */square-enix-a4bf08cf1999

Considering that FFXV is selling like hotcakes everywhere but Japan we could see bigger RPGs pander to Western audiences even more. Bioware X FF colab when?

Hopefully never. FF a shit, but Bioware are just the fucking worst.

She saved it, you mean.

NO

It is ?

It's inevitable. Say no to gratuitous fan service, over the top humour or any form of creativity. It will all be improved by grit and diversity.

Squenix ain't telling us sales but it's shipping records. Could be it's sitting in stores, could be it's spinning like crazy in disc drives.

Just wait until she's confirmed in KH3.

If they're only mentioning shipped numbers that's a red flag right there.

It already sold 700k in Japan. I can't imagine it's doing any better anywhere else since the game only appeals to Jap fags and fujoshits, both of which are in short supply in the West.

Lightning gets the shit beaten out of her in that game.

It's only been out for a week.
Fuck m8.

It sold less than FFXIII did in the same timeframe. It's a blunder.

They all do in Worlds of Final Fantasy. Hell, Tina/Terra is practically tortured on-screen.

wew lad you really ought to take that dick out of your mouth from time to time

That's a horrifying thought

You're not very smart.

Is the ending of FF 13/3 really her becoming a model for real life Ralph Loren and saying, "thank you for creating me, Ching Chong-sama" directly to the waifu faggot that was behind the whole shitshow of a trilogy?

Oh you can do something worse.
Something like Bioware x second company we all hate It would need to be assfaggots company like Riot games.
Oh right it exists and is called Dautntless.

*Dauntless

Also IGN yt trailer for lazy, I am also lazy so I won't make webm of this shit for you.
youtu.be/JUKtMjcELPE

What is up with that art style?

League of Legends?
They used same art style for cinematics.

I'm smug.

it deserved to, but sales did not reflected it

What a strange time we live in.

FF6. FFX2. FF12, arguably. The problem isn't women, it's Lightning.

I can't see them selling that much if wasn't even a tenth in the opening week of JP

But user…

Ashe was the Villain of XII, you just managed to stop her before she got PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER by being sidetracked by the huntboard for 70+ hours to the point she no longer gave a fuck.

You think SE is trying to say something?

Ok, ok. Then the other possible theory is that everyone is trying to unlock the Venus sigil irl.
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

There is a direct correlation with waifushit and fucking up franchises though

Yeah, Venat did nothing.

bullshit nigger that sexy slut was the best thing about FF13

user…

Go home Toriyama

I had some faggot once tell me that 13 far out sold 12, I'm glad to finally have information to prove him wrong.

X2 is the monkey paw wish every FF5 wished for.

I always wonder why people like a blank-faced, no-personality character like that but then I remember where I am.

All they needed to do was make another game with FFX battle system with the ability to change it to ATB like X-2 and prior series (or vice versa, make it at option at the start). That's it. No fucking gimmicks.

XII will always be my favorite.

And it will never be used to ever again.

It's like a sin I can never make up for

I feel so bad for you. I can only imagine how you felt when you started playing it.

At least you got trips

Sell your butt on craiglist and get that money back swiftly.

Yep you got me good because a great looking pair of tits and ass was the reason FF13 was shit.

It sure did, but it also didn't help that instead of recouping by making a real Final Fantasy that even remotely resembles the series' traditional gameplay elements, they decided on taking years to make Kingdom Hearts: Japanese Boy Band Edition.

This isn't even Kingdom Hearts. Kingdom Hearts is babbie's first cuhrazee. This is just shit.

I might've bought FF13 but you should kill yourself

Final Fantasy IV and VI were good. All other 8-bit and 16-bit final fantasies are worthless shit. Final Fantasy VII is passable but style over substance. Everything since has been style with no substance. And it's a bad style. Some weird asian pseudo-goth faggotry.

Who is this boner condoner?

Podesta, pls go.

TWD is a shit game too worse than ff13

I thought XV's sales were the fastest for the series or some shit.

By that they mean it will go on sale the fastest so they can clear some of those 5 million copies they shipped off the shelves.

At this point there are more good than bad games in that series. KH1, Days, BBS and DDD are all completely mechanically sound and enjoyable games.

knowing the characters from a telltale game is nothing to be proud about, elephant penis

What? Depend on the story, you can control a different characters but main protag is Locke

I can't believe nobody got this reference.

come one, tell me about that mayonnaise maiden

The main protagonist is Terra. To the point that she shows up for the final boss even if you don't recruit her ass.

I get it. Dodging lightning. haha. Fuck that mini game.

The character is story locked, how many time do you control her? Most of the time, you're in the shoe of Locke saving everybody.

Knowing a character is never bad, liking them however is a whole other cup of tea, so stop being faggots

Locke's only the required lead character for a short period of time between Narshe and the Opera. After that, it's up to the player.

Niggah you get her around the 25% marker when her own troops chain her up in a dungeon and probably took turns gang raping her because she objected to not sacking a town or something.

We all know the main character is completely dependent on who scenario you are doing at the time, as FF6 was a collection of short stories that shared the same world. Although if you want to pick someone as the main character Locke and Terra are defiantly in the running. With Edgar and Sabin as close seconds. Aryans.

Basically…
YES

Not even close.

The only way they could have made Sazh a better character is if they put him in Black Face, danced a minstral jig, and shouted "Great Googly Moogly"

Mr. T and Richard Pryor will always be best Final Fantasy Characters.

That chocobo was actually God btw.

Nonsense, OP. Toriyama's waifu can do no wrong.

I don't always watch yaoi, but when I do, I certainly don't pay $60 for it.

Naming the token black guy anything but Mr. T. for shame.

Yes it is and you got caught being a tasteless telltale faggot. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you got me

You're a dumbass, it's a toss up between Terra, Celes or ensemble cast.
For me it's the latter, so not a case of female protagonist.

The Final Fantasy XIII series is so on rails.
The series is so on rails it begins and ends on a train.

But seriously what is it about 13 that made it so garbage where other Final Fantasy games were not?

The story is retarded even by JRPG standards.
The setting is not that great because of an over abundance of "science fantasy" elements.
The basic characterization of the characters lacking endearing qualities.
JRPG so bad dialog/voice acting, shouldn't even have any voice acting including Japanese.
Attire on all of the characters doesn't scream fantasy setting like they should.
The graphics aren't really stylized like they should be and are instead trying to go for realistic faces and such.
No real interesting non-human party character.
The music just doesn't stand out very well.
Combat wise it was made into an up its own ass real-time/Active-time-battle abortion to appeal to casuals so you didn't have to "micromanage the actions of your party".
And in conclusion as has already been stated they absolutely trashed exploration for "the sake of the story".

With XV it seems that instead of learning from their mistakes they instead doubled down in practically all of the negative aspects I had just listed.
Almost thankfully they went whole-hog into real-time combat, the penultimate in casual appealing combat just under FPS.
There is what can pass for exploration.
The story and party are slightly better.
I wouldn't call it the worst Final Fantasy but I wouldn't call it a good one.

Both FF games were made by the same SE division.

Wasn't Lightning Returns supposed to be a game completely unrelated to FF before they slapped Lightning onto it?

Huge budgets and the desire to be cinematic killed final fantasy. Just like it killed everything else.

Pray tell, how did this franchise go from Japanese D&D to We Want The Evangelion Audience to bizarre experimentation where it didn't need it to boipussy getting wet over Top Ramen?

The movie.

The Final Fantasy parallels Japan's development pretty well. First knockoffs of increasing quality until they match or surpass the west, then existential experimentation and acted-out armageddon trauma, then a slow decline into creative paralysis fueled by separation from reality and other people caused by wealth and rigid social structures.

It's this little thing called the atomic bombs user, you may have heard of it. The radiation seems to finally be getting to them.

Poor lightning cursed to be in a shitty game, what a shame.

You see this whole post. This is what radiation does to the average person. Match or surpass the western games my ass.

It's always the simple responses that are the most impactful.

Wait what? Aren't rpgs much easier games to play than shooters? Isn't it difficult to be pro tier at shooters? Why would they be below an rpg about hitting a single button?

SHE HAS A BODY BUILT FOR SEX
got any more?

I'm extra disappointed because I honestly liked the idea of framing an RPG story like a road trip. Stories based on the wonders of travel are fun for me. Journeys, voyages, road trips, etc., they're fun stories and well-suited for video games. I wish this could have been a good one.

You're halfway joking, i'm sure, but they'll fucking do it. I'd bet money on it. She'll either be like a post-game boss or she'll be a playable extra or some shit.

I bet the latter, because no way would Nomura let anyone beat up his self-made waifu.

Wit so sharp I needed to check if I was bleeding.

WHAT THE FUCK

unless they pulled a FFXI an made her unbeatable

Looks to me that the Final Fantasy games that are actual fantasy games and aren't set modern day/basically cyberpunk are more popular. Good. I mean it's not like I have a problem with things like Magitech but if you go from magic powered robots, giant chicken-raptors, and Thundara to modern day Cup Noodle, Petroleum fuel management, and sleeping out in a camper-van with your gay support group gay groupies gay boyband it grinds harshly against each other and especially against what Final Fantasy established itself as prior.

I would've loved if FFXV was set in Ivalice and you traversed the open world via just the chocobo's, later maybe the airship or hell even steamship.

i think you meant to say lightning was the last hope for final fantasy

lol

It's like pottery.

I miss Enix

Didn't even get a proper Monster Hunter: Chocobo. Did FFE take off in Japan or did it die everywhere?

Westernized piece of shit homo XV didn't sell. Let's blame lightning. If XV looked better than SE wanting to expand to non FF fans, it would've sold better. XV is shit that's why.

XII is amazing.

I actually am excited for Zodiac Age. I loved IZJS on PS2, and then my PS2 kicked the bucket in the middle of a second play through.

The homo shit is SE going completely insane and pandering their multi million project to a tiny minority of the already small otaku demographic. Who the fuck thought making a game for fujoshi was a good idea?

XIII and all the spinoff shit did more to damage FF than anything before or since. They had to make three games, none of which sold all that much, to recuperate the costs.

Problem is that no one gives much of a fuck about FF in Japan anymore, and SE keeps making retarded decisions with their Western releases.

The real issue is that XV looked like bland shit with nothing but "boyband on a road trip" to attract costumers. If they had diversified the cast (as in, featured hot women) and made the story more serious, focusing on Noctis, his quest for revenge and the politics of the world it would have been better.

Also, SE trying to go for an open world game when it's obvious they have no idea how to make one didn't help any either.

No one forget that XV started as a XIII spin-off that Nomura was so shit at making that SE had to grab a new director to stitch together what he could to salvage the project.

It was supposed to be released alongside XIII, it wasn't a spinoff.

Nomura stepped down because he was working on KH3.

Tabata worked on Type-0 and pushed for the "(faux) one button combat" you got in FFXV

I actually wouldn't care of Nomura had made VersusXIII a musical, as long as it was entertaining and the gameplay was decent.

How fucking hard would it be to make a FF game with the combat of KH and a coherent plot that doesn't shit itself halfway through?

It's not like people are asking much of SE. How do they keep fucking it up so bad? It can't not be on purpose.

Dude bros love their all men party "biggeset gaming demographic in the west" and westernized model are clearly don't target japan, ff7r too. They even advertized it with that shit movie. I think if they went with the crazy people prying to shinigamis would be more interesting. Controlling one character was shit too. They should've renamed the game to something other than FF.

What's Lightning's personality supposed to be like? I skipped every single game with her on it

Nonexistent.

She…really doesn't have much of one. I'm trying to be honest and not typical Holla Forums "hurr durr she doesn't have one" but she really is bland. She really wants to save her sister, and disagrees with Snow about how to do it, and she decides to act even when there's no clear path as to which action will work best, she just can't stand to sit still. She's ex-military, so that kinda makes sense. She's loyal to her family and the mission, and in this case her family is the mission. I think her parents died when they were young, and so she had to raise Serah herself? So she had to mature young and is thus a bit of a "no fun allowed" character. I'm a bit rough since it's been a while since I played it (I only finished XIII, got maybe less than halfway through XIII-2, didn't touch LR) but yeah, it's really hard to remember anything about her character other than "I won't sit still, I'm gonna do stuff, welp that didn't work, let's do something else, Serah Serah, rahrahrah". Does that help?
IIRC she was supposed to be modeled as a "female Cloud" because Cloud is the most popular FF character (purely for his charisma I'm sure…) Remember how much character Cloud had? No? Exactly.

i just replayed Terranigma, goddammit how did it remind me of the potential this industry had and the state that we are now, the merger killed both Squaresoft and Enix, really how many of their real talent left after SE was born?

Agreed.

She's Squall, but without the character development.

LR covers that, a character named Lumina who has her sister face explain it quite well near the end, Lighting was just "a normal girl" until her parents died and she was left alone to raise her sister which ends up closing her "heart" and making her a no fun allowed, overly protective sister -LIGHTING- who can't just let go of Sarah because her entire personality depends on protecting and raising her, But she ends up "forgetting" who she really is -CLAIRE- or Lumina herself which was just the part that was locked inside her heart. That's it, that is all that there is to Lighting and its shit. Lighting and Vaan are some of the worst MCs in any RPG i have ever played, they ruined their games to me with how shallow and idiotic they are.

Basch should have been the main character of 12. I can't stand Vaan.

He was supposed to be the protagonist until the faggots running SE deemed him too old and manly.

But the main was Basch.
BASCH FON ROSENBERG OF DALMACSA

"This guy is too manly and cool. We DEMAND you change the protagonist to some mincy faggot. Solid Snake? Never heard of him."

DON'T LISTEN TO SQUEENIX'S LIES

Why do you think we got Raiden?

So which is it? Personally I'd like to see this shit game bomb but it feels like two distinct echo chambers with their own facts.

It was a focus group made out of japanese school girls that said that Basch was too old and icky, so the faggots running SE then went back and added a blue haired twink with exposed midriff as mc after which the games original director straight up left the games development and went his way.

School girls are clearly gay. He's the most handsome FF character ever made.

If Basch was the MC, Vaan and Penelo died at the start or don't even exist, the story had some tweaks on the gameplay here and there and the story was better explained, FFXII would be the best FF.

thanks SE

it's doing poorly user

the Zodiac/Jobs stuff still don't help much still, it needed way more depth to it.

Pick one and only one.

It's strange because Basch is essentially a thinner version of the guy who plays Thor in the movies and panties get wet for that guy.

Japan has a youth fetish even worse than the rest of the West, it's killing their culture since youth is shallow by nature.

and modern Final Fantasy doesn't have the legs to sell past its first couple of weeks. It's going to get poor word-of-mouth and be quickly discounted once people start to sell their copies just like with Final Fantasy XIII.

So she literally is Cloud, in that she had a traumatic event that locked part of her away, only in this case it didn't give her stupid-plot-amnesia.

The one with the evidence user. Shipped is not sold, and all sales data so far says FFXV is the worst performing mainline FF in SE history.

It just hit me how fucking obvious that is, and I'm sure the only reason I didn't see it until now it's cause it's so fucking dumb too

Cloud, Lightning, Squall, Zidane, these are all air-related phenomena.
Tidus is related to tides and water, obviously, which is fitting because Blitzball (which is stupid BTW).

What the fuck is a zidane?

that is kinda of a bad comparison, know who had the same shit in some way or another? Cloud, Squall( his childhood), Zidane( His childhood), Tidus (same) Vaan( "lost" his bother but he is empty by default so there is nothing to lock) and hell even Noctis pull the same crap. damn how original.

I was sure it was a name related to a wind but after looking it up now it seems I was completely fucking wrong.

Fixed that for you.

You were probably thinking of Zephyr

Holy shit its that bad? It sounds like a script of one of those mexican soup operas

So, I read the wiki but, what is the deal with lightening? I played 13 and thought it was …strange. It sort of reminded me of a novice writer who has these ideas that are clear and great but when he puts them down on paper, it just never quite translates. That's what 13 felt like to me. Like someone had this great idea for a different kind of game and then it just turned into what it was.

That said, what is with this long standing thing about Lightening ruining the series, lightening being someones waifu or something. In the 13 she didn't come across offensive (at least to me). I sort of liked her. She was a stone cold bitch and was, apparently, the only one who seemed to be aware that they had a timer on them.

So what's the meme with her? I vaguely seem to pickup it has to do with one of the people who design the game and apparently having a fetish or something.

Sora is also jap for "sky".

I just want XVI to be turn-based like X with amazing graphics. ATB is just artificially adding "difficulty" AKA time-limit stress, when it's completely unnecessary. I play jrpgs because I like turn-based 100 hour games that I can just fuck around and grind in while I'm watching TV.

I couldn't care less about the characters and story.
The only thing that makes one jrpg story better than another is how many retarded annoying characters are in the game.

I thoroughly enjoyed 13 on PC with Japanese voices. Took this webm when I played it back on 360, which was a significantly worse version of the game.

Resonance of Fate is a criminally unknown/underrated game. Not related to this thread, but maybe one person will read this and play it. One of the few turn-based jrpgs that is genuinely difficult and requires serious thinking and strategy without being some meth-head-created over-complicated spreadsheet game.

The reasons people hate her:

Also the people who shitpost about her being their waifu all act like furfags and have armpit fetishes (because Lightning has no ass or boobs because Toriyama is probably a closet pedophile/trap lover).

enix killed final fantasy.

A better graph

shit, at least i got the digits, phone rush typing at work is not a good idea.

thanks

see and

the ending is worse, their world gets blow up or something and their souls/bodies/something go to a new one…..our world, where Lighting becomes a model and makes a "confession" of sorts to the camera directed at the player, but that is a lie, she is "confessing" to Toriyama who is a extremely creep retard.

if there is one SEGA PC port i want is that, maybe then it will get the recognition it truly deserves.

and Squaresoft killed Dragon Warrior and everything else, the merger killed both user and their talents were gone after that leaving behind a brand and empty shell

Best description of FF12 that I've ever heard.

*removed

These are 1000% fucking terrible.

What did he mean by this?

Thanks

Is my shit posting? I can't fucking tell.

Wasn't it Balthier? his constant talk of "Leading man" was some goddamn insult to the original director that this guy "Veteran Rogue Sky Pirate" was the main protagonist and not some fucking metrosexual teenager that was self-inserted as Japanese school girl's fantasy.

Reminder;

Nomura's XV

Tabata's XV;
!!!

$59.99

That already happened. Bioware got their N7 costumes in FFXIII-2 and XIII-3. It was DLC.

Speaking of FF expanding into other gameplay types, they even had a goddamn Souls game in the works set in Ivalice. You were going to play as Basch fon Ronsenburg and it was gonna be set after Revenant Wings, you would be taking control of and then defending a Fortress against the King of the Sea. Depending on how well you did, what challenges you completed, and the choices you made the Fortress's state would change as time went on and seasons would play a role not only in the Fortress but the zones outside it as well. It included a system for disarming enemies combatants, and it wouldn't just be you, you had a small army to help you too. Larsa and Ashe would've appeared in it, and chocobos would've been a part of gameplay as they had concept art and there were stables in the Fortress as well. You could fight monsters the size of the whole fucking Fortress even.

finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Fortress

We don't get this but we get three fucking Lightning games instead I'm so fucking goddamn fucking happy fucking fuck.

WHY IS FINAL FANTASY SO FUCKING MISMANAGED!?

Because it's run by suits. There is no creative force behind it. It's a husk these shitty ass devs are injecting their own, increasingly diluted interpretation of what an RPG is supposed to be into the skin of the previously good games. There is only so many ways you can preserve a corpse until it stops looking like it was once it was alive. It only continues to exist despite none of the original creative force even still working at square because suits like brand power and long running names mean brand power. It's their Mario or Halo. Suits don't give a shit as long as they get a paycheck, so they sell out the husk's body to other companies for product placement. They parade it around like it still means something when the games themselves look interesting at best and barely pass for "Final Fantasy", sure the nods and all the other stuff is there but it doesn't have the same mystic quality to it.

tl;dr: Weekend at Final Fantasy's

I'm obviously not - what is it?

Not that guy so I can't comment on the exact model, but it's an anchor buttplug.

Great to know. I've been looking at those for a while now but have been hesitant to pull the trigger.
Also seconding the strong vibrations request.

A shame. They could have saved FFXV if they hadn't given it to that hack Tabata and just let Nomura finish it.

I guess now they have no choice but to bank on KH3 and 7 remake

Check the catalog!

the switch is literally coming out in march and has all the features i listed. proper controller, tv output, arm processor.

you have the comprehension of a 4-year-old. stop posting anytime.

Is Lightning Returns at least worth a pirate? I'm itching for an action jrpg that's not on a console.

No.

This. The business suits in charge have no fucking idea what they're doing.

No wonder Japs fucking kill themselves, that's just inhumane.

Second what?

It's just a bot user.

That's a big fat no.

Why would a bot, after getting past the captcha, just post the word "Second" user? It dawns on me he might've meant "Seconded" or something.

Bathier is/was Ashe's love interest, not the main character. This is further beaten in during revenant wings. Also, he's the pilot of the ship Reks and Basch fight in Nalbina during the tutorial.

Ardyn worst FF villain ever. Worse than Seymour, or the abstract idea of Racism in WA5.

Sadly this. I think the greatest problem facing gaming right now is that gaming is just too big. Things won't really get better until the market and industry deflate back to a more niche position.

The bot seems to be just copying posts from other places and replacing the quotes with random other posts.

Why does everyone think there will be a crash?

Gaming is the same as Hollywood today. 90% of the entire industry's money goes towards garbage AKA Comic Book movies and CoD/Nostalgia cashgrab AAA games. 10% is actually good movies and actually good games.

Get over this idea of "we need a crash". It's not going to change. Just realize you guys are complaining like "whaaaa why are super hero movies and disaster movies so baaad" Because THEY ARE FUCKING BAD. Just like how MOST VIDEO GAMES ARE BAD. Holy shit stop acting like AAA garbage will ever be good. Just accept it and play small hentai games and play good games. They are rare just like good movies.

This is entirely correctly. It's a fucking shame, because some people at SE can clearly make good traditional JRPGs, as Bravely Second and more recently, World of Final Fantasy were both goddamn delightful.

Also, on the translation/censorship issue with the Bravely Second, except the censorship of the indian into a cowgirl, all they did was make it so you got the "good" ending to every half of each sidequest. In the original jap, you had to chances to do each side quest, due to loops, with a choice of which job to get at the end. In the Jap version, to get the "good" result for each branch of the side quest, you'd have to pick the same option twice, denying you one of the classes. In the English version, each branch gives you the "good" ending the first time you chose it, so you can see both good endings and get both jobs.

People don't understand the historical context around the last crash and assume it could happen again.

But Hollywood is collapsing. They won't be able to bulwark their sales with China once the war breaks out.

don't forget

The industry is run by executives who read charts and do whatever generates the most cash. There will not be another crash. The big companies just adapt and keep cranking out whatever is profitable. Hollywood makes movies that generate billions of dollars every year. Hollywood is not "collapsing". Watch Red Letter Media. Just this year 5 out of the top 10 movies worldwide where comicbook movies and 3 of the top 10 where talking animal animation movies. There are formulas to rake in huge cash. Just the same as in gaming.

People have shit taste in videogames and that will never change. Unfortunately r/gaming is the majority of the industry.
I just went on r/gaming and 2 front page posts are DIY companion cube projects. I die a little inside every time I go on there. Those are the people the industry panders to. Narcissistic retards with an insatiable hunger for nostalgia.

I would like to remind you that things like "Streaming Parties" exist. AAA has pandered to casuals in such a way as to remove most of the game from games. This means that you can experience such games just as well by watching the "movie" of the game on youtube or checking out your favorite streamer on twitch. Since they care more about the story than the gameplay. But "customers" watching youtube or twitch doesn't put cash in the devs' pockets.
The bulk of the casual audience aren't deeply invested in gaming. The very next time that the economy experiences a liquidity problem many if not most of them will drop out of the market.
So yes GAMING isn't going to crash by itself but when the ECONOMY crashes (and it's coming) that will take down AAA and mainstream gaming as we know it.

k

Where have I heard that before. Now I do understand that it will take a lot to make the industry crash, but it will happen. The fact is the PC crowd, and just general hostility in the gaming industry has chased out all the talent it had. Furthermore it has scared away all the talent that is coming up, leaving the industry with no other option but to outsource more and more. Take FFXV for example. It isn't selling well, and if not even FF can move consoles investors will likely panic. Now that would be very bad for AAA development.

I'm not sure if this is the bot or just a tumblr tier response?

IDs user, IDs.

You know post quality wasn't 100% perfect before the furfag bot started spamming, right?

Alternatively and maybe more likely gaming could under go a pseudo crash. Where the money and inertia of the industry remain but the major players drop out and are replaced by new members. This arguably may be happening right now.
It's like supercell cycling where an old storm decays but its moisture and heat are absorbed by a young building storm right behind it which goes on to travel the same path that the old storm was on.

Shh, let the shitposter believe Holla Forums was perfect and good and not full of stupid bastards before Bui.

bump

This looks great.

and modding your ride

Bowser needs my cock up his fat ass

There are apparently only 6 summons available in the game with only 4-5 that you can ever really use. I understand that they were going for cool boss fights, but come one. There's a point when hit circle to win hits its limits and players should be allowed far more control.

summons will get phased out of FF during this gen and the next likely, as the stories get more and more "cinematic" with realistic graphics the idea that some random gothkid, or saiyan, or eco-terrorist, or in this case a gothkid prince can call upon the might of Gods becomes less and less appealing.

That'll be so sad to see. At the very least, they could have incorporated a summoner character into the game that could then be used to channel the summons. That way the goth kid doesn't have to do it and he can keep slashing or shooting swords at his enemies, while some fucker off in the distance does it for him. They could have used a Yojimbo-like system where you have to pay him per summon too if the devs really wanted to make them special.

Also, is it really that hard to get them to show up. From what I've been able to gather, each one has a specific criteria before it'll show up and even then there's a chance they won't ever show.

It's worse than that. FFXIII made them money, it's why FFXV has so much fucking product placement in it despite the lower sales figures of the game. They whored out the cast for designs and then sold real world equivalents through a popular chain, overprice of course, whored them out as models for magazines and other clothing lines.

This is also how Square Enix is making so much money off FFXV already despite it barely doing any better. So much goddamned product placement in their game, licensed content for a short sighted buck. 20 years from now FFXV will be in the same boat as Megaman legends, if not worse, because of all the retarded product placement in it.

I'm afraid the reason they're pushing out FFXV, the FFVII remake, and KH3 for different reasons. Honestly if the suits had their way I'd think KH3 would be out by now, Nomura is a meme director, they're selling his name, his brand of quality, which is why they're pushing him towards so many projects. The problem is Nomura has big dreams, which is also why XV took so goddamned long because they had to condense his big dreams into a single game. But as for FFVII remake, it's simply because Square Enix is losing their morals slowly. They're coming out of the creatively bankrupt shell, admitting to themselves that they're a soulless corporation, and giving into what fans want, knowing full well what they're doing is a total cashgrab.

i dont think you could even pay people to play that game

What of it?

It's a much more useful form for Golem

I liked when they had to backpedal when the initial figures were good and claim it was combined sales with all the dlc routes.

Nah it's a meme

You just didn't understand the deep metaphorical statement of the Final Fantasy franchise that the Lightning 3 games were trying to convey. A cycle of death and rebirth. When a fantasy ends, a new Dragon Quest begins.

They should just hurry up and port the new arcade Dissidia game to PS4 to make up some extra cash.

You mean that boring character who spends years in jail doing nothing gets out and proceeds to still do nothing. Nigger Balthier and Ashe were clearly the main characters since the entire premise was Ashe leading these people around on the trail of empire destroying artifacts and deciding not to be manipulated into using them by some dick ass god race. Balthier was an obvious foil being an ex judge and all.

What makes you faggots obsess over what amounts to a really boring character? Why the hell do you fucks sperg out over Vaan and Penelo when they are by and large the least offendive parts of FFXII.

The game ends with ME2, the canon ending is where everyone dies in the suicide mission. This stops the reapers, ME3 is a bad dream.

Because its a sony exclusive. If Tomb Raider was a sony exlusive it would get the same reaction, and if Uncharted was multiplat people would shit on it.

Holla Forums has been calling out Lightning for being "female Cloud" for years. Where have you been?

oh and yeah i forgot this
enemies clip through eachother, walls, random objects and sometimes even through floors.
so much so that it gets annoying as fuck like 10h in.

What cool boss fights?

I think people are on to the pricing schemes of most big AAA now. The game goes down in price by a third by the 3 or 4 month, half by the end of the year, and cost a quarter or less by the second year. GTAV is a rare exception because of the popularity. Souls and Witcher games will eventually have a GOTY edition, as well as every Bethesda title with meme power behind it. I played all three parts of FF13, and paid less than ten dollars per title because I can find something to like in every game. I will likely play FF15 in a few years, maybe a complete edition down the road or a remastered version on the PS5 Pro 2.0 coming in 2020. Corporate release schemes and price points are killing initial sales, even seeing the regular version of a popular game at half price will lose sales because the complete edition is coming surely next year. They've cucked themselves into a corner and good on that. They should focus on making excellence and less of advertising average pulp.

To be fair XV looks like total ass. The last good final fantasy was on the snes

Historically, 90% of gaming has been shit. You only remember the really good games while forgetting the bland shit unless it's outright horrendous. Nobody remembers all the Mario Lites of the late 80s or the Totally Not Sonics of the early 90s. Not to mention all the attempts to replicate the lightning in a bottle that was Pacman Fever.

Even some "classics" aren't all they're made out to be. Godhand, for example, is about a 6 or 7 out of 10 because its unpolished, clunky, and the difficulty curve has valleys and peaks.

FFVI is better than any Wizardry or Ultima game.

the should have started when Fang appears. the previous 6 chapters were 20+ hours of tutorial.
bullshit
people complained about the battle system beign too dificult thanks to the optima changes.
because thanks to SE's shitty software engineers who can't make a engine for shit,they had to strip´any type of exploration of the game.

Why Evola?

I just pirated 13. I've never played it. What am I in for?

It's easily the best out of the XIII trilogy, the gameplay is actually decent (mostly because the combat is different from the other XIII games). It plays like a bit like a Valkyrie Profile game except there's only 1 character instead of a party of dudes. Just try your best to ignore the writing which is by far the worst of the XIII trilogy.
PC port wasn't too great if I recall though.

How could Japan fix this?

I remember when he would paint/dry his nails for hours on stream with thousands watching and people kept defending him saying it was normal for guys to do that stuff. Yep, so normal.

artstyle=/=character design you fucking dingus

meant to reply

There's USB ports on it, and needs some room for the power and HDMI cable.
Dont think its that big though, the Switch itself doesnt seem super big, its just thicker.

Lei wulong is the only reason i even got into tekken.

HOW THE FUCK IS AKUMA IN THE GAME BUT NOT LEI WULONG

Motomu Toriyama please leave

MY DICK.

Edgar was the main character for me. He's so fucking based. But then, pretty much the whole cast in FF6 is bro-tier. I'm yet to play a FF game with a cast that I enjoyed even a fraction as much as the cast in FF6.

Well when all the really old fucks holding all the highest management positions die off and get replaced by younger people it will probably whip around to the exact opposite where workplaces have ballpits and snack carts and shit like a lot of the manchild hipster startups in the west have and then probably oscillate back and forth until settling on something the rest of the world sees as "normal" in like 50-60 years.

LASAGNA LASAGNA
LASAGN ASAGNA
LASAG SAGNA
LASA AGNA
LAS GNA
LA NA
L A
LA NA
LAS GNA
LASA AGNA
LASAG SAGNA
LASAGN ASAGNA
LASAGNA LASAGNA

That doesn't answer the question, though.

What rock have you been living under?

Don't mind me, it's nothin personel.

FFXIII is a travesty through and through. Lightning is probably one of the least offensive elements of it.

Lets talk about the boring as hell battle system or the god awful plot that doesn't make any goddamned sense.

why do snakes kick my ass?

Do. She's not an irritating cunt.

How's your 3 inch pinch, Boco?

youtu.be/fRKAA8NoFXk

DAS CUZ U AINT WOKE YA HONKY CRACKA
WOKE NIGGAS KNOW BEIN A KANG RUNZ IN YO BLOOD

bots

What do you think about the change of tone between 2 and 3? Like characters talking more and overall atmosphere being more heroic. I personally dislike it, but I would like to hear your opinion.

It's a nu-male game.

I hope you killed yourself already

Yeah it's an incredible game, one of the few flight sim style games I really fell in love with

No. No its not.

But you shouldnt do it because its hard to see from a well lit area into a dark one.

Fuck off, Vitacuck

So, this is literally DBZ - Waifu Edition, isn't it?

valve is under the illusion developers will make make linux ports and use vulkan out of the goodness of their hearts instead of being heavily, heavily bribed. developers would actually expect it from a company like them as well since valve has multiple rivers of money flowing through it.

This

I'm tired of people taking out there frustrations on meaningless arguments that can't be changed. All these major companies are laughing at all these losers that cling to their every word and they end up selling them half baked goods every time.

Sony is the worst of it because lonely people game on that platform and it attracts such a miserable crowd as a result

There are gods called fal'cie.
The fal'cie mark some humans and give them tasks. If they succeed, they get cool powers, if they don't, they get turned to crystal. They also get a mad summon/familiar that appears when they're at their worst. If they appease the familiar, they will become bros.
One of the fal'cie goes rogue and causes all sorts of trouble.
The story makes a lot more sense if you replace fal'cie with god, l'cie with "chosen one" or "marked one", and coccoon with "magical sky palace north korea".
That's the world building anyway. I agree it's handled poorly in-game, but it's a pretty typical setup.

I prefer hard either/or, with little middle-ground. Either give me a great ensemble cast with good writing that makes them feel like family, or give me silent protags for whom dialogue is only implied. FF3 (DS version) did an OK job at giving the characters personalities but it would have been hard to do more without bogging down the gameplay with pointless filler dialogue. Decent first attempt though, I guess. FF4 did it much better.

Going through XV now, I have no idea why Tabata changed the plot. Type-0 was great outside of a shit localization and using terms from XIII that don't matter.

Also on the subject of XV they really need more clothing options, I'll probably be DLC the only one I really wanted was Noctis's orginal outfit since the one he gets at endgame sucks.

we have dungeon whatever chocobo.

We also have chocobo racing. No GTChocobo though.

Chocobo Dungeon. And that was a fucking awesome rogue-lite in the vein of PMD, thank you very much.

Reminder Vanille was supposed to be the main character of XIII until Toriyama pulled a Nomura on Nomura and threw his waifu at the front

Reminder
Serah > Vanille >>> Lightning
Rikku best FF girl

Yuffie is better.

Lumina> Vanille > Serah > Jihl >>>>>>>>>> Lightning

Ftfy

I approve of your superior taste.

Just look at this face.

Nah man, can't have someone with an actual personality and character as the MC in a Final Fantasy game. That's too revolutionary for conservative Japs.

Yuffie is number 2. I prefer blondes.
Also FFX outfit > X-2 outfit

Rikku's boring
You have some sense, I'll give you that.

You're not accounting for the death of home consoles in Japan. It's a huge factor and not even Final Fantasy can reverse it.

This killed FF and a whole bunch of other jrpg franchises.

please stop

Absolutely disgusting.

Rikku is supposed to have green eyes though.

Aw bullshit. When I saw the entire cast wore nothing but black my first thought was "you better be able to dress them differently" because damn it's embarrassing to look at them in their default clothes.

forgot my pics

I'm not surprised. Still heavily disappointed, but not surprised.

She looks too much like a damn nip to me man. Their women are too damn tiny for my liking. If I went too hard on them they'd snap

It's what they were going for, but they don't quite feel as genuine as past boss fights. They are also far more cinematic then used to be.

That's Asians in general.

by a margin of less than a hundred votes on some no name publication I bet.

Well now that's only true if you keep staying around their highschools, user.

Well fuck that sounded interesting.

What's the opposite of a miracle?

THICC

A reality.