Roguelites

What are your favourite perma-death indieshits with real time combat and meta progression?
What are you currently playing?
Are there any games that can compare to Binding of Isaac and Risk of Rain in BOTH quality and quantity? The genre is so oversaturated, it's impossible to find anything good.

Neurovoider is shit.
Our Darker Purpose is shit.
Nuclear Throne is locked at 30 fps, thus it's automatically shit.
Hero Siege is shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

drl.chaosforge.org/
mega.co.nz/#!RggUSCTR!H-HK5RwCCzcI9OEQhgJVcyvhuGa7I7GOR39VPkju5Pk
igg-games.com/neon-chrome-free-download.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's nothing I'm aware of that competes on both counts. Best I've played outside of those so far has been Neon Chrome. Also Rogue Legacy was okay for a couple evenings.

Sword of the stars: The Pit is…
Never mind

Strange way to spell
>C-A-N-C-E-R

Nuclear Throne anyways. Horror is adorable. It's also the only one I've played anyways.

Let it die is solid.

I'm fond of crypt of the necrodancer
Checkpoints are optional, but required not to use them for all the unlocks

Isn't it more of dark souls clone anyway?

I played it, it was meh. I really want something real time.

Please no.

Dark souls with permadeath.

Does it run at 60 fps?

No.

Like, everytime something nice and exclusive to PS4 appears, they fuck it up.

Yeah a couple of nice things happened, and now I just can't lose hope.
At least new Kojimbo's game will be 60 fps, if it's even a game at all.

I really like vagante, but don't have anyone to play with. I'll post the mega if anyone's interested.

That screenshot looks pretty terrible. Shill it to me.

You fight baddies, avoid traps, and get loot. Piggybacking fairies gives it a lot of points for me.

Just post the Mega. It looks like a more crisp Spelunky.

post mega

also post a magnet if you got one. I prefer to be able to seed.

I played an Alpha build on Loonix via WINE and it was pretty fun and promising. The atmoshpere was also comfy as hell

That's really fucking sad shit right there. None of the AAA cinematic games can give me such feels as this small piece of pure gameplay.
Pleas tell me it has online co-op, not just local.

Get on this shit.

drl.chaosforge.org/

Is that really real time?

Here's Vagante. If someone wants to
host that'd be nice, but otherwise add me on evolve limbimin

mega.co.nz/#!RggUSCTR!H-HK5RwCCzcI9OEQhgJVcyvhuGa7I7GOR39VPkju5Pk

Also magnet. Are they supposed to be this long?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:03DA68F810853F4477633D8C71DA55A00C306749&dn=Vagante.v53b.rar&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fp4p.arenabg.ch%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.aletorrenty.pl%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2feddie4.nl%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ilibr.org%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ilibr.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fp4p.arenabg.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.internetwarriors.net%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.me%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.to%3a2740%2fannounce

They are if they include trackers.

so how would we go about making a multiplau Vagant game with this what I assume is a cracked version?

I like Neon Chrome a lot. It's a top down shooter by the same guys who made Crimsonland and it's stupid amounts of fun, with neat augments like bullets that split into two and then you end up having shittons of bullets per shot when you pick up a shotgun. It kind of lacks variety but I really love some of the tech it has, like the AI has it's nice quirks and movements, and it has light and sound based stealth and later on you'll be relying on breaking down thin walls to blindside enemies.

igg-games.com/neon-chrome-free-download.html

I like Vagante too, despite never having finished a run. I'm 75% sure the dev used to post in /agdg/ too at some point.

Disgusting.

I'll take a brief moment in passing to mention that Risk's multiplayer is mutant permadeath in that yes if you all die thats it but you can still finish the stage and everyone will get revived otherwise.

Who here's interested in playing Vagante together
I can host for a bit.

Enter the Gungeon
Teleglitch

Ok I'm gonna tell you what's the problem with EA.
If it's a game you like, so naturally you play it a lot. Eventually you have enough of it and you move on.
Then some, usually long, time later it gets out of early access with full set of features and content, it didn't have. But oh shocker you can't play it, because you already are sick of it, and you either miss out on all those features or force yourself to play but don't have proper amount of fun.

tl;dr: Early Access sucks even if it's not a scam. Especially if it's not a scam.

Gungeon is shit.
Teleglitch is alright, but gets old real fast.

it does have coop up to 4 online though its still in beta but it works very well.

usually its the other way around for me. when a game releases with plenty of content i dive into again. happend with Grim Dawn

For those who like vagante, theres also catacomb kids, its just a more hardcore version of vagante, no mp though from what i know.

I guess I'm hoastan some vagante, I sure hope you shills actually play video games.
the ip is 66.68.17.93
It'll probably be down in the next 4 hours or so.

alright 25 minutes and no goy, I guess I'll come back at a time that isn't 5 am

Well I speak from personal experience too. Couldn't give a single fuck about don't starve or Satellite Reign when they finally got outta EA.
Waited for full release of GD and didn't regret it.

Don't be sad user, I'll plunge into it as soon as it is out of EA, multiplayer or not. Game is really fucking good, I can only imagine how much better it will be once finished.

I want this meme to die.
Random Dungeon Crawlers is a better term for them in my opinion since RogueX makes me think of ADOM, Elona, or their contemporaries. Either way, I will say Enter the Gungeon is pretty fucking sleek. I usually play it for 40 minutes at a stint and enjoy myself thoroughly the entire time and am looking forward to the new update and eventual Expansion they plan on releasing, I just hope one of them comes with netcode for online play since Local Only is fucking bullshit.

It's actually good so far

if any of my steam friends played vagante I would be a happy man…

Shiren the Wanderer: The Tower of Fortune and the Dice of Fate.

Term Roguelite was made up specifically to distinguish real time games from old school Roguelikes and not to trigger autists like you.

If BB didn't make me buy movie station 4, then this thing won't too.

Anyone wanna play vagante? Server at 76.236.40.9

I don't seem to be able to connect…

what's the game name? Maybe it's populating the list

192.168.1.66? Evolve just works if you wanna get that. I don't think I'm on the list since I don't own the game.

I don't think your local ip will help… you're on patch 53b right?
Is evolve similar to hamachi?

Mhm, but I don't like it. Is hamachi or something else quick and easy?

Yes to both questions.

Hamachi is a piece of shit from 10 years ago that puts you on a spoofed local network, mostly to get hacked multiplayer to work. I've only ever used for hacked versions of half life 2 deathmatch and CoD4, and it's pretty bad.

Try connecting to me, it might be shit though I'm pretty far from the US.

It's 60fps aside from when you first exit the train at the start of the game because they put too many reflections in that entry room.
Why do people lie like this?

But that's not a 'roguelite', user, it predates this whole cancerous indie meme.

No good. Evolve isn't a piece of shit, but you've got to make an account + featurebloat.

I'll check it out, no promises though user. I have enough freeware on this machine as it is.

Hey m8, how's your cancer going? I hope you get well soon.
Anyways, there's Spelunky and Don't Starve.

This is a surprisingly good game that really scratches that Hexen itch. A damn shame it doesn't have co-op though.

Yeah it's criminally underrated

You sure proved that wrong with 60 fps video you posted.
Oh wait.

I don't need to. The guy who brought the claim is required to back it up. This is called the burden of proof and is a cornerstone of discourse. If he is unable to back up his argument, he loses.

I bought Exanima which is still shamefully Early Access and I've put at least 100 hours into it, no regrets, shit is fun.

What do you do? Kill same mobs over and over again?
What content does it have apart from basic combat engine?

I haven't played it either but it seems to be the most advanced combat system for melee developed so far. Maybe Kingdom Deliverance can match it, but otherwise, it's pretty unique in keeping it not only entirely physics-based but also free-form in how you swing your weapon.
Plus, they are making an actual game with that thing that also features magic. If melee is done like this, imagine what magic is gonna be like…

For what purpose?

the original vanilla game is the only good version, maybe with the Halloween expansion. WotL onward broke the game and now it is exclusively dice rolls.
never good.the controls are garbage and you are constantly in a state of taking damage (unless you get the right dice rolls of course). avoid at all costs.

20XX if you like Mega Man X's gameplay. It's got more action than 99% of the genre and does have meta progression that actually makes you get good to unlock. It's also disabled for dailies and weeklies (i.e. all upgrades are in the pool) for fairness' sake.

Also holy fucking shit the title theme will blow your socks off.

someone post the diabetes-chan webm thanks