Dawn of war 3

So today the DoW3 neo-relic team will have an event showing off the eldar gameplay.
There are around 10 hours until it.

The team chose: EGiNcontroL,
to show off said gameplay.
I won't delve deeply how starved for popularity they are when using some pro sc2 game caster or how that reeks of e-sports.
How good/bad will it be ?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/incontroltv
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They are desperate alright.

C&C4/Invisible War levels of awful, it's not even out yet and I completely erased it from my memory despite still occasionally playing Ultimate Apocalypse and the Space Hulk beta.

Can't wait to watch it crash and burn.

i played a good hour of it at pax aus, not as great as dow1 but a far improvement from dow2

Oh.

Every new game is shit until proven otherwise.

It's going to be shit.

Very interesting comic.

This gameplay showcase? Probably awkward and shitty, and will make people that like the Eldar probably not want the game.

youre so full of shit you know that?

I liked DoW 2 since I played it (and still do) as a squad-based game, not an RTS. It's kinda like a spin off of Syndicate or Commandos but in the WH setting. It's pretty good for that.
I liked the videos I've seen thus far, and the number of troops seems to have increased which is great.
I'm too keen on how "flashy" some stuff is. At least some fights end up looking too bright for something that's suposed to be Grimdark hue.

Have you guys forgotten about the METAAAALLLL BAWXES?
It's a Dawn of War game. Silly and stupid shit always worms it's way in. As long as it's fun, I don't see why not.

Also: have they shown Tau yet?
They're my personal favourite.

Scratch that,a aprently there's a bunch of hints that the 4 races at launch will be:
Guess Tau come in a later expac.

i remember in dow2 i would use all the shiny colors for my custom armies and there was blinding amounts of bloom coming off of them. at some point they 'fixed' it. so sad.

Hmm ? I thought they said only 3 races at start. Like in the trailer.

METAL BAWKSES was just funny due to the voice acting, not because it ignored established lore.

I hope this game is a massive financial and critical failure.

There are better things to note like Sindri and Azariah Kyras being Khorne worshipers. One being a sorcerer, something that Khorne hates, and the other is a psyker on top of working with fucking noise marines. Fucking degenerate noise marines working with a Khornate demon.

The power armor shit is just dumb, though. Why not just give him a teleporter pattern armor, and then some charge like they gave Diomedes if they want to go stupid.

True, I repressed the memories of… that. The Blud Revns armory isn't exactly lore friendly either.

Yeah…how in the hell the Blood Magpies even have a Custodes gun?

To be honest, the Chaos faction both in the first DoW and the second seems to be an amalgamation of all 4 diferent cults in the same. Sorta of a "We all wanna fuck shit up, so let's work together and backstab each other at the end".
I mean, you got Nurgle adepts exploding themselves next to daemons, Noise Marines (the only Slanneshi unit, WTF) and lots of Khorne fun times.
It's an all-ecompassing Chaos faction. I'd rather have that than a single Chaos god.
Kinda fits too since, well it's chaos after all.

Sindri makes sense since he WAS looking to get strength by becoming a large flaming fucking demon. Or releasing one anyway. It's like finding a new wrestler for a WWE match: Khorne is probabbly gonna like that.

Yeah the power armour leap is dumb. I mean, you get the "we wanna have him do cool stuff!" vibe from them, and leaping like that IS indeed cool, it just doesn't fit with the lore.
I'm willing to overlook little details like that as long as the rest of the gameplay holds up.
DoW2 for instance has one of the best soundtracks I've heard in a game and that alone ranks it higher for me, despite the Bloody Magpies and their kleptomania.

the chaos in the all of the dows are chaos undivided, which means they can have units from dedicated dark gods but it's not as often as it were

too bad Doyle W Donehoo is not the Composer anymore and replaced by guy who did Sniper Elite V2 OST

It seems like every dev team that includes eldar in their game love to suck them off.

I understand that, the issue with me is that while it fits the specific armies, it doesn't fit for a demon of Khorne to be working with fucking Slaneeshi units. I could see it if it was Abaddon or another high ranked human leader, or a generic demon prince that was pulling the strings, but its described specifically as a demon of Khorne.

Always the same fucking 4. BTW are they under THQ nordics now? Whatever a swede touches turns to rainbow colored shit.

Cleanse it with fire
RIP RELIC

Theres 3 confirmed races you retard

Nigger they've been with Sega since THQ went down

If you think the Custodes bolter is out of place, you ain't seen nothing yet. It's still less overt than the terminator-armored jumping, so it's more excusable. And it's an infinitely funnier meme.

It's going to be shit and you know it.

Anyone got a picture of the DOW3 community management team? It literally says everything you need to know about the game

They're a loyalist faction of chaos marines is the simplest explanation. Thieves is the more fun one.

Also, remember that the third-best smith among the Primarchs made a thunder hammer unquestionably worse than the one wielded by some random Black Templars marshal. Or that it somehow ended up with a loyalist offshoot of a completely different legion.

maybe the same way darth vader can fly can in the snes star wars game. id like to think by now people would be used to derivative video games taking a few liberties

Reminder that nu-relic said that the Blood Ravens aren't loyalist traitors.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make the Blood Ravens one of the missing legions.

That was allegedly the head editor of BL, Laurie Goulding, not Relic.

You know, that would be some kind of achievement.

See, this is exactly what I fucking called, the fact that they are going to be pushing the fucking esports meme and offer nothing much in terms of gameplay, other than turning it into a pseudoMOBA because that totally was what everybody wanted from DoW, get ready for a lot of talking about "high-level play", multiplayer, combat builds, and pro teams, and even then there's still faggots saying "ITS TOTALLY NOT A MOBA GUISE, IT DOESNT HAVE A 3 LANE MAP SO IT AUTOMATICALLY MAKES IT NOT A MOBA XD"

Oh wait, you legitimately wanted a true single player campaign that either provides a true continuation of the story with a similar focus on narrative like vanilla DoW1 and DoW2, or at the very, very least a battle map like in Dark Crusade or Soulstorm? Haha what are you, some stupid old-timer faggot? Don't you know that it's the current year and videogames are now extremely serious business that need to follow trends instead of being well crafted products that provide legitimate entertainment? Some entitled shit you are, single player is a thing of the past lol amirite.

All I fucking wanted was a revamped, HD, refined version of some DoW1 gameplay style, why is this too much to ask?

Not exactly "loyalist traitors", it's been somewhat hinted a few times that they might actually be a successor chapter of the Thousand Sons, since they don't remember their primarch, have a tendency to study all sorts of arcane artifacts, protect and steals the fuck out of relics, and have way too many psykers, things that pre-heresy Thousand Sons were known for. The conflicted nature of their past and their obsession with tinkering with psykers and the warp is what makes them susceptible to chaos like says.

The first 3 are confirmed. But they usually launch with 4. And there's a few hints they've given out that point to Necron's being the fourth one.
I think it was a quote from the intro and some other bits. Either way, I get my Spess WeeWuz Pharao of Death and Technology.

They've shown a bit of Space Marine gameplay before. It's not a moba.
There's base building, point capturing and dozens of diferent units running around.
Heroes are kind of OP though, I agree. I saw one going down fast to some sort of specialized squad and vehicles, but it shrugged off 3 squads of infantry like nothing.
Dunno how that is gonna work out but I guess we'll see a bit more in a couple hours.

That's why I said "pseudoMOBA", it doesn't have the trademark elements of a three-lane map, tower defense or nexus to destroy, but the way it focuses on the hero units, the way that those hero units tend to function, and their overall design leads me to believe that MOBA gameplay style was certainly a focus for this title, as opposed to the combined-arms RTS nature of DoW1 and its expansions. I do concede that this might be closer to a WC3 style of RTS, but what I dread the most is that, unlike the balanced quality of WC3 (a single player campaign that is just as strong as the multiplayer aspect), DoW3 instead half-asses the campaigns to push esports and put multiplayer on a high priority for the sake or chasing a fad, which isn't precisely bad but I remember DoW1 and even DoW2 for having strong single player experiences as well.

I do hope that I'm wrong, that this game actually comes out good and everything will be ok, but the general presentation, the design decisions, the near-moba style of hero unit play, bullshit like the removal of sync-kills and melee units being considered low armor, and the suspicion that C.S. "muh artistic license for multilasers" Goto being somewhat connected to the backflipping terminator Angelos are not doing any favors for me.

1 hour for this shishow

It was a gift, obviously.

Incontrol actually plays the tabletop, so at least out all the pro gamers he should hopefully know something about 40k.

He's still going to shill it even when it will be shit won't he?

That's what he's being paid to do, so yes

wew

links

twitch.tv/incontroltv

Well bonesingers seem to be detectors now and eldar buldings can move a lot from what he says.

But I thought I already played it when they called it Retribution? :^)

they move MOVE or teleport ?

Teleport/warp.

fucking cancer

how do the graphics look WORSE then the first game?

Tall grass is full LoL/SC2 mode.

They seem to have toned down the disco colors but the selected unit outlines seem huge.

everything just looks flat

What a travesty

Why does it look so incredibly ugly?

it looks like there's no bump map just depth filters

Wow, this is even worse than I though
This is to RTS what Overcuck is to RTS

This guy is such a faggot.

grey goo, at least was varied in its game play

ashes of the singular, was at least deep on some level

tiberium twilight was at least different then any other esport

I fucking knew this series would turn into moba because of the popularity of last stand. God fucking damn at least COH2 remained somewhat true to the original COH's mechanics and control scheme even if it was ruined by pay2win commanders that locked out huge amounts of content.

I swear I thought it was SC2 Protoss from the miniature. What a fucking travesty.

im done.

Its both
And the fucking thing wasw the only gamemode updated regurarly
They leaned people towards it

How do you pronounce Macha ? He calls her MAKA, but I thought she was MA-CH-A.

Based on what I've seen of the game, it's gonna be shit, regardless of who the presenter is.

He's right, it looks attrocious.

I wont dump c&c4 stuff if we just drop any talks of c&c4 right fucking now

I doubt GW noticed

he's autistic as fuck, he's randomly spouting shit because he seems so bored with it and is just shilling it

In the grim darkness of the 41st millennium roads are private property and building on them breach the NAP.

can anyone place the architecture on the map? it looks like some generic temple

Last Stand being the best part of DoW 2 is more DoW's fault than last stand.

Hes actually building on roads now

maybe it was a range where you can place them and it doesn't show you

True enough

Fuck that. This is what I always disliked in DoW2 and it's here too. Vehicles feel like paper.

Isn't the enemey nerfedon these showcases?

I don't think he is. DoW3 looks like it's going to be absolutely terrible.

that fucking webway on the right looks like its just floating in the air, they need to fix those fucked up shadows.

they were just fucking moving cover removal

he's playing on EZ

Sure looks like it

why do they showcase this trash on fucking easy?
It doesn't help

I'm okay with this.

It really is, looks awful
Seeing those models and textures up close and how cartoony they are filled me with nothing but rage.

because he was lying about playing it lots, if he gave a shit then he wouldn't be making all those mistakes he was doing and would have actually shown a multiplayer match not just a mission

No

I've got my hopes up for this one.

Fucking Twitch

Stop spreading those lies.

It's like it has three malformed dicks growing where its mouth is supposed to be. I don't even remember this atrocity from the time I've forced myself to finish the campaign (I thought that I had to know how the story ends it was a big mistake). Thanks for the nightmares.

there's worse

IdrA was the only player I ever admired. How fucking based can you be that you BM a faggot in front of a live audience? Furthermore, even his fails were great.

So the cycle goes on. Blizzard version of space hulk when?

Ah, yes, this one I remember vividly.

I liked Dawn of War when heros were just buff units for the army

This whole thing was terrible. My guess is that it will be a mediocre rts with a spam of DLC. After seeing this though, I just don't care anymore.

All I wanted was a blend of DoW1 with DoW2. Just needed to take the good parts of each and mix them together, but nope, can't do that.

As someone who's since quit dumbing thousands of hour into League you have my condolences.

incntrl is typical liberal "gamer", im sure if you will visit his twitter there will be a lot of trump butthurt and such

just as soon as it makes lots of money

THIS IS YOUR FAULT

look at the date of the article

I never expected anything good to come out of DoW3 after THQ went under. I was expecting even less after reading one of the threads about it. You either develop a coping mechanism of some sort or you just start avoiding the subject matter altogether.

If you couldn't notice sarcasm dripping with venom in that post considering the attached video, you need to sober up or go finally get some sleep.

As one that really enjoy 1vs1 in WC3 i hopes this game will take off as an esport now than sc2 is dying and doing really badly right now

I have zero hope for this game

It would be shit anyway.

TAKE
MY
MONEY

That thing on the left reminded me of something.

its not boring!