Can Holla Forums help me find some good 3DS games?

I got my younger sister a 3DS for her birthday this year, and now xmas is rolling around I figured I'd get her some new games. She has Pokemon (something) X or Y, Adventure Time and Super Mario bros 2.

She works as a flight attendant and spends alot of time overseas stuck in a hotel room to fly out the next morning. She was sick of mobile and tablet games so I got her the 3DS. Shes 26 and used to love shit like Sim City, The Sims, Mario Kart, Party, Golf etc, Need for Speeds, Forza or any general racing game.

I don't know shit about 3DS or DS, other than the 3DS is backwards compatible. I'm willing to bet theres several Mario golf and party games etc, but other than that don't know shit.

So can some user help suggest some good 3DS games?

1. Is there any Sim City/ City building type game on the 3DS or DS? Also if so, was it any good?

2. If there are several Mario parties, Karts and Golfs on the 3DS, which ones would Holla Forums recommend purchasing?

3. Any "The Sims" type or social management game?

4. Anything else you could recommend? I know Monster Hunter will probably pop up.

I've never played it, so don't know if its something she would enjoy.

A-Trian 3D is your best option on the 3ds. Cities grow based on the passengers flow to the areas, you can buy land to add attractions to the area to lure more people in. It's a great game and works really well on the 3DS despite being a handheld version of a long running PC game franchise. Just a warning; the tutorial is extremely long and thorough.

All the Mario Parties on the system are shit, just avoid them.
Mario Kart 7 is pretty good, some prefer Mario Kart DS.
Play the Mario Golf GBC game via virtual console, it's a lot better than the actual Mario Golf 3DS game.

All the decent ones never left japan. All you're left with is Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Stella Glow
7th Dragon III Code: VFD
Etrian Odyssey 4
River City: Tokyo rumble
Dead or Alive: Dimensions
Corpse Party
Senran Kagura 2
Yumi's Odd Odyssey/Sayonara Umihara Kawase (eshop only in the west/objectively best platformer on the system)
Kokuga (eshop only in the west)
Sadame (eshop only)
The Shantae series
The Sega 3D classics
Gotta Protectors (only if you got friends to play with/eshop only)

Story of seasons is pretty solid. So is rune factory 4. Zelda ALBW is ok. Mhgen is good. Xenoblade 3d is good. Not sure if she would be into rpgs though. There are a bunch of good little puzzle games on the eshop like zuma and picross.

Taiko or Final Fantasy Theatrhythm are great if she likes music.
Taiko is nip only, but it does have a english translation patch if you're yarhar enabled.

The DS had it's fair share of detective games like Hotel Dusk and Professor layton.
Ladies love the Layton.
As long as she can look up guids on her phone she should be alright.

Personally, the only thing I've been playing on my 3DS for the last year has been picross. Good for stress.

Sonic Generations 3ds is breddy gud, it's made by the same devs as Sonic Rush and has an entirely different set of stages compared to the other ports. Sonic Lost World also has different levels, though only a few parts will actually be fun if you play it because of the pants-on-head retarded dev decisions. Also, >buying

I was browsing freeshop just now and coincidentally noticed that Chase Cold Case Investigations was released. It seems to be the spiritual successor to Hotel Dusk.

Pokemon Sun/Moon
Fire Emblem
Mario Kart
Theatrhythm is she gives a fuck about final fantasy
Phoenix Wright

Animal Crossing, honestly, every girl i know who owns a 3ds loves animal crossing.

Might as well have told OP to smash the 3DS with a hammer right in front of his younger sister, m8.

Cheers for the info mate, I'll check ebay now.

Not sure if she would be into those, but I sure would. I have a 3ds as well, but its still in the box.

Animal Crossing keeps popping up, thnx user I'll definitely get her that one.

Style savvy or style boutique will probably hook her, especially later when managing kicks in hard.
If she enjoys platformers then shovel knight
Mario maker just came out to 3ds
There are some racing games like WRC, asphalt, ridge racer and NFS for 3ds

is that what they call a hmm block?

Now see the same retards in every thread suggest the same 10 shitty games everybody already knows on the 3DS and defend it from people rightly pointing out that it has a shity library.

It's NOGAMES.

Is your imouto kawaii~ user kun? Does she make your kokoro go dokidoki?

for what purpose?

Image is outdated, but here. Make sure she doesn't update if her firmware isn't on 11.2 so you can give her free games ;)

There's a new one, Sun and Moon. So if she enjoyed X/Y and doesn't have those yet that's probably the best thing you could get.

why would you ever recommend paper jam
why should i even keep reading that picture

I didn't recommend anything. You can try complaining to the general if you want it to go away.

My only problem with chase was the length. It was so short. About 30 mins at most. And it ended on a cliffhanger like they are going for an episodic game or leading up to a proper full game

Kirby

If she likes X/Y she might like Sun/Moon? I put in a shit ton of hours in OR/AS as well.

You can't really go wrong with Kirby as well, but the endgame content really doesn't really offer much.

Animal Crossing New Leaf is hella comfy if you're into town development the development part is stretching it though.

I'm just going to recommend some JRPGs to you instead that are on the DS.

Chrono Trigger It has a DS version. If you live under a rock and somehow haven't heard of it despite all your time on Holla Forums, go download the SNES ROM and play it yourself. It's the kinda JRPG casuals can get into and hardcore players approve of simply because it was that well done. Honestly the DS version has a bit of a bad rap for shoehorning shitty extra content into the game, but it's still one of the best DS games.

Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy as a series was pretty good before FF7.

Other than that…

Super Scribblenauts It's more of a puzzle/platformer but it's a creative exercise and a lot of people find it fun. It's a good way to while away time.

OP here.

I ended up getting her:

New Style Boutique, New Style Boutique 2, Mario Kart 7, Mario Golf, Animal Crossing, Scribblenauts, Story of Seasons and Sim City Creator on DS.

Thanks to all the anons for the advice, I also wrote some suggestions down for myself so cheers for those too.