Jap-only SNES/SFC games

It seems like half of the worthwhile games in the console's library were Japan exclusives. What are some of your favorites and what are you currently playing? I've been playing this Hello Kitty Pong/Breakout hybrid quite a bit lately. It may be a game for little girls, but it's a lot of fun for manchildren as well.

This beautiful gem right here: Famicom Detective Club Part II

ah meng that's a good one

I still want someone to co-op the firemen game with.

Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun

How does it compare to pic related?

Cotton had her one and only Nintendo debut on the Super Nintendo. It's a challenging classical shoot 'em up game with Kenichi Hiirata's great music. Although the lackluster sample based sound hardware doesn't do his work full justice, there are plenty of upbeat and fun jingles to play along with. It's a good Cotton game, not as great as what was to come on the Saturn, but very enjoyable!

The greatest sidescrolling platformer franchise started on the SNES as well, with Umihara Kawase. I don't think this one needs much of an introduction, but it is a must play.

I loved this game so much I bought a physical copy. It's not too common, being a mail order Japanese Nintendo Power game.

Great fucking game

Are there translation patches for the games posted here?

All except Marvelous and Cotton. For all I know those could have translations by now as well.

Final Fantasy 5 the only good game in the series

There's definitely one for Marvelous, I've played it.

It was translated when ported to Playstation, GBA and fucking mobile tough

I too worship shitty asian cultures like a race traitor. Just kidding I don't. You're pathetic.

But user, I'm part Japanese. Blame my parents for being race traitors, not me.

Can't bring up this subject without the most mindboggling example of an SNES game that has mysteriously avoided any form of official exploitation overseas.

イデアの日 was pretty fun. I recommend it to anyone who can read moon.

Live A Live got me from how the plot has certain drama/seriousness that is direct.

you know what's good my dude

Live a Live had a lot of stuff in it that would have a hard time making it past censors or "localizers" even today, let alone in the 90s. Being able to kill those geisha girls in the ninja story, or being able to steal your teacher's panties in the mecha story.

*Being able to kill those geisha girls in the ninja story, or being able to steal your teacher's panties in the mecha story come to mind.

THERE IS A PART 3!?

It's practically Zelda with guns

I played that about a month ago, but didn't get very far because it felt like it took awhile to get going. There's probably nothing wrong with it, at the time I was in the mood for something that was just pick up and play.