3DS CFW + Homebrew General

INSTALLATION GUIDE
plailect.github.io/Guide/
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal. On New 3DS, you can now install arm9loaderhax without downgrading past 9.2 through the homebrew launcher.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. The phailect guide might say 10.7 can't use broswerhax but it can.
>11.0-11.2:
Running CFW is not as straightforward
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW OR STEELHAX. plailect.github.io/Guide/dsiware-downgrade ← This may soon be updated to allow downgrades without a second 3ds, ie steelhax
Post a reliable guide for using steelhax ITT and it will be put into the OP for the next thread until Phailect guide has been updated
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible on 11.x

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
pastebin.com/riJTLTqJ
archive.is/PTrww
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5gvp3g/psa_nintendo_no_longer_data_transfers_dummy_nnids/
3ds.guide/dsiware-list
3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/220/~/how-to-format-an-sd-card-or-microsd-card
3ds.guide/get-started
3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer
wololo.net/2016/12/09/twloader-reaches-1-5-now-feels-like-dsi/
github.com/Olmectron/SocketPunch/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/
gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/
github.com/Mrrraou/waithax
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-unban-your-nintendo-3ds.449251/
mega.nz/#F!mZIh0JTJ!lje9yIEmk7KGoX2Ba8DELw
3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade-(save-injection)
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/
gbatemp.net/entry/psa-dont-use-gateways-arm9loaderhax-installation-tools.11242/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!1?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline. Asking WHEN doesn't make it come faster.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.
>My issue is covered in this FAQ at all!
Check 3dshack and Gbatemp to see if someone has had your issue and as fixed it. If you're going to post your issue here INCLUDE AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE. You're only opening yourself to shitposting if you don't.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
>Can I convert a .3ds to a .cia?
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
>I'm a citra user and can you tell me where to find unencrypted roms?
Not here.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
GBA VC Injector: mega.nz/#!tYVBGCxK!dabFA2bLp9h3y3Ym3v6enK37SZSV8AnlGWy7xs79yM8
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
New™ 3DS Vola: volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
Vola User: 3DSOP pass: password!1
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/riJTLTqJ
Last Thread: archive.is/PTrww

Here's a wall of text from leddit that seemed relevant

The horror

forgot the link
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5gvp3g/psa_nintendo_no_longer_data_transfers_dummy_nnids/

So basically they're not doing NNID transfers if you have a nnid with games they don't like anymore?
Man, am I sure glad I have like 3 backup 3dses pre-hacked.

F

So glad I got a hold of it before now then.

Nintendo are also offering $20k to anyone to show them vulns that lead to piracy.
Too bad the devs already made heaps in donations from GBAtemp.

I think $20k is a joke since finding those vulns are technically worth much more to them. Any smart dev who sees that will just be emboldened to never sell themselves.

Not to mention the people who do 3DS hacking don't do it for that. Not usually anyway. This sort of penetration testing would be under NDA where nobody could make use of it.

LOL
Nintendo banned all the known DSiWare titles that can be used for hacking.
You can't NNID transfer if you have Fieldrunners in your NNID.

Not to worry, because those shitty devs have been hoarding hax just in case.

3ds.guide/dsiware-list
Potentially, any game can be used to downgrade a DS, now.

need to unban myself doing method 3
on luma + a9lh, did the guide by the books months ago so outside of luma nothing is updated
how do i open decrpyt9? im thinking i may need to update it or something.

Anyone tried grabbing the new PKSM version? His GitHub went down, says it's "under maintenance". What's up with that?

That was always true, the core vulnerability is that DSiWare can modify NAND. The issue is that not all DSiWare games have vulnerabilites for executing arbitrary code.

Alternative payloads are opened by holding a button down on power-on. Check the 3DS guide's "installing arm9loaderhax" section for where they need to go and what name.

to update just get the new version of decrypt 9, drop it in payloads and re-name it so that it's activated by your button of choice.

I was always iffy originally on the A9HL thing. Thinking "Its safer to just use emunand!"

After following the guide and going through all the steps though, it all makes sense now. I'm glad I got off emunand and now have a9lh

The skepticism made sense before CTRflashing became the go to method. Even I am guilty of that, but now its so safe and simple that if you don't switch over you are a fool and it's not worth the time to answer emunand questions.

What else are we supposed to do inbetween new hax and new games? Actually PLAY games? What are we on Holla Forums or something?

admit that even if A9LH is superior in most every conceivable way there are simply people who don't give an iota of a shit about its benefits for any number of reasons, the most common two being "my emunand already works so why would i bother for something i already accomplish" and "the installation can be finicky"

conversely emunand supporters must accept that A9LH zealots will always try to convert them because it's the latest and greatest thing or because of the aforementioned benefits and that while they're stuck in the past they don't actually have to modernize if video games are their end-goal

Yes, but now it's properly documented and can be easily implemented into any DSIWare game the same size, and if it's the wrong size, dummy bytes may be an option.

I don't know about you fam. But every person with an emunand setup who accidentally updated their sysnand I have no sympathy for.

I think overall though it comes from a misunderstanding about how A9HL works. I was skeptical at first when people said "Nintendo can never patch it!" but than I realized as a went along that they really can't as long as your sysnand is always running in Luma mode. And it always will be do to how it works

I've only ever seen 11-year-olds manage that on GBAtemp threads because they couldn't even follow the most simple advice of "format one nand to unlink them" and then "only ever update emunand from system settings", even rock-stupid GBAtemp posters laugh at those people. I think there's still hall-of-shame threads up on that site from back in January, come to think of it. It's still hilarious.

Nowadays though you can't forget the whole angle of spite that exists now, even for something as buttfuck retarded as CFW method choice. Lord knows if somebody were shoving A9LH in my face and I were using an emunand setup I'd stick with emunand just so they go away and stop trying to get me to do things I don't want to do right this second, even knowing A9LH is better in general.

admit that since people come here and have problems with emunand anyways, that they should just switch so that they have no more problems.
Everyone I've ever talked to who switched to a9lh says some variation of what this user said

I've seen waaaaay too many people go into data management, then update, fucking themselves.

People have always refused things out of spite, that's how Holla Forums works, that's part of why I come here. Because everyone loves to bash those people.

So did the ban on online stuff end up being permanent or not?or is it too early to tell?

It's permanent.

Are you new?
Holla Forums loves not doing new things and complaining about easier and 'better' ways to do things.
We bash people that do the normal thing, newfriend.

even the 002 one?

What I meant is that Holla Forums just loves fucking complaining and arguing. It's always been that way.

Yes. You're shit outta luck bud.

What are some good action rpg's? Not including monster hunter.

Tales of the Abyss

What are the unbanning options as of now?

dont play games online before retail release.

The fact this needs to be said nowadays is fucking ludicrous.

i mean people didn't listen when it was told to them back in the original xbox days so i don't see why they'd listen now

You'd think even a fucking child could realize it's a stupid idea, yet here we are.

Anyone bummed out by the loss of Legends of Excidia and fieldrunners need not fret, new hax are ALREADY out for other dsigames and the guide has been updated.

It's not surprising with how easy 3ds hacks are now.

This has never been an issue on the 3ds before. Nintendo is shit at online so this was pretty far from expected behavior.

There's some files you can move about to get unbanned, but it resets your FC and NNID is lost forever, so if you had shit on there that isn't dumped yet, you're outta luck.
These files need a 2nd console, but there are retards out there giving out their files for multiple people to use at once, which can only end well.

Anyone got confirmation that this is only for manual transfer or if this also affects normal system transfers without calling in to nintendo?

So, Sudoku it is then?
Can somebody please confirm that Sudoku works?

Did they pull Legends of Exdia? Fuck.

I don't see it on the eShop.

Yep.
See

Well can confirm you can access eShop without updating using Homebrew and ctr-httpwn by returning to the main menu without rebooting.

Ha ha, yeah just noticed…

What about this post?

Should I nab Sudoku or Rytmik Rock Edition?

MHGen and Final Fantasy Explorerers were made for review copies.
Pokemon reviewers were told to fuck off away from online.

Most recent version of NTR?

post 3

I get an error 002-2634 whenever I try to enter the eShop or manage my NNID, and I need to be able to access my dsiware in order to hack another 3DS that's on 11.2. Does anyone here have experience dealing with this error?

Just making sure since the OP posts are typically out of date in one way or another.

Your emunand and sysnand are linked, according to a google search to back up half-remembered stuff. Format one or the other to unlink them, you can use TinyFormat for it if you don't want to remove your NNID.

I tried upgrading again from 4GB to 64GB. It deleted everything from within the bigger card's folders. What the hell? How do I make it work?

follow the guide you spastic

It's always animetards that are completely fucking retarded

Alright, 3.4 preview 2 for New 3DS doesn't work on 11.2, I recall there was some firm file you could shove into a folder of Luma on the SD to make NTR work on newer and unsupported firmwares but I'll be damned if I can remember where to find it. Anyone?

you're thinking of ntr.bins, your bootntr is outdated, baka

How about a link? It's not easy to find through the main page.

That's your fault for underestimating them. Yeah they suck at security but it's entirely possible to go from zero to 100, as Microsoft proved with the 360.

I laugh in the face of these morons.

Does it have a working hack? Then get whichever appeals to you or costs less.

Helpful 3DS weeb says fuck you.

Bearing in mind I am not using EmuNAND here.

as usual animetards too lazy to read i bet he watches dubbed anime to boot

I'm aware of that, but astronautlevel's NTR fork doesn't have the video-streaming feature I was interested in. Cited on the github as a 3.4 variant (or his 3.4 of NTR) but the NTR program loads it as 3.2.

If you actually want 3DS video streaming, get the hardware mod done. The system is way too anemic to do it by itself.

Format it as FAT32 and copy everything over. With A9LH and stuff set up on your 3DS it should just work.

Subbed only. Fuck dubs.

Download the newest bootntr.cia and download the old 3.4 test streaming ntr.bin
it ain't fucking rocket science.

Well, I did that. And it didn't work. It just deleted the stuff that I transferred over, forcing me to start over. I'm not sure what went wrong.

Video streaming? Can you tell me more about this? If I could stream from a 3DS, it would make my life.

Mostly want to piddle around with features.

Got it working, finding the NTR.bin for 3.4preview2 was a bit of a hassle.

You need a hardmod to get anything of value for video framerate but it's interesting as a proof-of-concept. Does what it says, streams a video of gameplay to your PC through in-built programs.

Whoops, pic related.

I'd rather wait for NTR to be replaced with a proper open source version like literally every other decent 3DS hack and tool is.

Did a bit of looking, apparently Windows doesn't format to FAT32 if the SD card is of a certain size, it'll use exFAT. You'll have to use a third-party tool to do it if that's true.

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/220/~/how-to-format-an-sd-card-or-microsd-card

If that's not it I have no idea.

Check your SD card for legitimacy, if it's a microSD card and you've got a smartphone there's apps for that. I remember having a bootleg SD card that would pull the same thing.

The card was already formatted in FAT32 out of the gate. If I need to for some reason format it all over again, maybe I will. Let's see. Trying it again now.

Now the 64GB card is working, but all my haxor shit is absent. Including my games. What do?

That's what I'm asking. They're the new DSiWare exploit choices- supposedly any title that meets the size specifications should work?

Same price for both.

And now it won't boot. What the hell is this shit?

GET OUT

An A9LH 3DS requires a file arm9loaderhax.bin on the SD card (or on recent versions, in ctrnand, you can copy one there with FBI or safemode9) or it won't do anything. At this point I'd suspect that you have a crummy SD card, try getting another one.

3ds.guide/get-started

You can also test the one you have with one of the programs and see what it says, or what suggests.

Well the guide says "any DSiWare title that meets these size restrictions" so I'll assume yes. But I've never done DSiWare downgrading, and hope to never have to!

PATHETIC!

How am I supposed to know if an SD card is good or not? This is SUCH BULLSHIT.

by using your brain fuckin weeb

Yeaahhh, I concur…

Google "sd card tester" or something, I guess? I know there's programs around to help with testing SD validity.

How did you miss out on the core concepts of formatting? It's default in windows properties menu, and there's also Gparted for Linux.

It's not the card, it's how you formatted it. Think of this like eating a sandwich without removing the shrink wrap, then complaining to the person that made it.

Nah, with this simple a task you can just use fdisk and mkfs.vfat to do it. Also as I said, apparently Windows will not use FAT32 if the SD card is large enough, you have to use another tool.

Already told him that, just give up.

How do I unlink my NNID from a banned 3DS? is it just lost forever?

You can try using Decrypt9's latest version to d\inject a blank NNID file. I don't have one on me, but try some googling, there's definitely copies of blank ones on GBATemp.

Is it a good idea to actually do this, or should I just stick with the guide and downgrade to 2.1.0 as normal? Even if I tried the no-downgrade method I wouldn't be sure where to skip ahead in the guide, and I gather skipping the downgrade comes with higher chance of bricking.

Why does R4i put garbage data in my root folder?

So literally an issue covered in the OP

NTR isn't working for me.

Downgrading to 2.1.0 on N3DS is not "normal" because N3DS firmware never had a 2.1.0, the exploit used to get OTP on N3DS 9.2 is much safer. Just take your time and read the guide.

following the guide brings me to this page eventually, where it talks about "flashing your console’s CTRNAND partition to 2.1.0" and mentions New 3DS explicitly (at the very top even): 3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer

Is this something different from actually downgrading?

They all seem to have like three out of five star ratings, that is not good.

on 3dbrew it says that browserhax works for 11.0

why not in the sticky?

Wait what. So I'm all ready to go?

I don't know
I'm new to homebrewing the 3ds

Got another question, why does the guide insist that a Japanese N3DS on 9.0.0 to 10.7.0 is unable to use browserhax, but apparently a system on 8.1.0 is A-OK? I checked what it says for a US N3DS on 9.0.0 to 10.7.0 and apparently browserhax is good there.

Why would browserhax work on a US model in that firmware range, but not a nip model? Just trying to understand this fully before I waste money importing Ocarina.

Is there some kind of app to play full movies in mp4 or mkv or do we still have to convert and cut the videos in 10mn parts ?

Oh now I understand. So basically I had no reason to ever buy this entry point game.

Does the OoT entry point even work on unchanged models?

apparently it works with datel powersaves.

What sticky?

I have a 11.1 N3DS and waiting for the standalone downgrade.

Would it probably require purchase of something? Because then, I'm just gonna go have it downgraded by some other guy in that case

so it's possible then?

the OP

I have no idea. I already used Ninjahax.

Just waiting for 33c3 now.

Just fuckin kill me

adding to this, what is the worst that could happen if I try browserhax on my 9.1J N3DS and it's unsuccessful?

Your 3ds will catch fire, then the copyright police will break down your door for modifying your NEW(tm) Nintendo 3ds(tm) system.

Nothing will fucking happen. At worst you'll have to reboot your 3ds.

Have you tried formatting, either through the System Menu or something like TinyFormat?

Nope, I'll try it once the new exploit for 11.0 comes out and my N3DS is set up.

Same here, but I didn't buy the DSiWare in time.

Sudoku apparently works for the U.S., but not for Europeans. So I'm in better shape than most.

Quick question.
While I was taking apart my n3dsxl in preparation for a hardmod, I noticed that one of the smaller ribbon cables would fit into it's slot, but easily slide out. If I don't touch it, it stays in, but I'm wondering if I should just leave it be and hope for the best, or use some sort of tape and tape it down so it can't move.

The guide removed the OTP-less instructions for now because there have been bricks reported for the A9LH installation part, and it's not known why. Given that, if you really want to risk it you can read older versions of the guide on Github but it's kinda sucky to do that.

Your 3DS region is largely irrelevant with CFW, except for out-of-region DLC and updates, just get a local one. You can change your system region if you're feeling sassy.

You'll still need DSiWare but you won't need a CFW 3DS. If you can get someone else to do it, do it I say.

Just do it faggot.

Unfortunately the people who can help usually don't need to read the OP.

Look closely at the last sentence in the OP

Check the guide again for DSiWare.
There was a rhythm game from the beginning and there's also a new list of other games.

Where abouts was the ribbon cable?
Also, when you placed it in, did you close the little flap?

Old instructions for 2.1 OTP retrieval are still good. There was never any bricks software-side, and the only ones that ever occured where people not reading and putting the thing into sleep mode. No point putting it into sleep, as it takes literally 10 minutes in 2.1 to do what you need.

Jap firmware for the N3DS is slightly different to everywhere else. I don't know why, but there's 2 or 3 extra steps needed if using one.

What I've heard from hackers is that it's actually 8.1 (J regions) that is somewhat unpredictable when it comes to hacking. No one really knows why. For the other versions there should be no difference. One thing to note is that the original downgrade methods required extra steps in J regions, not sure if they still do or not but the J region stuff has always been a little funky. I'd just go for it and see if it works.

The internet browser will crash and the system requires a reboot.

I've been considering this, but the risk may outweigh the reward.
Assuming that a device needs to be able to access eShop to be able to access FreeShop, that's not worth chancing it. By now I've figured out well enough how to navigate the system menu in moon, as long as Luma lets me play out-of-region titles I THINK it should be fine without changing the console region.

I do need to find these extra J steps everyone keeps mentioning; not seeing anything like that described in the Plailect guide currently. It is a matter for concern.

Why wont it redirect me to the link? This site only managed to work ONCE.

Abyss is a shit game anyway.

Bros,I'm mentally retarded and all of this confuses me. I just got a hold of a 2DS with 9.9.0-26 Firmware. I just ordered a 32gig SD card for it. What do?

Now you read the fucking manual

after installing a custom theme can i delete the files from the themes folder?

For all the fags that have asked about sd loading
wololo.net/2016/12/09/twloader-reaches-1-5-now-feels-like-dsi/

So you can load homebrew (or anything under 4MB) getting closer.

Can someone link me to the program I need to put on my CFW 3DS to give it the ability to format an SD card using the 3DS itself? This I feel is the next thing I should try in order to move from my 4GB card to a 64.

Why do you need to format an SD card with the 3DS?

Remember the program you used to set up the 4GB card? Do that again except when you do the step to eject the 4GB card to back up its contents, just insert the 64GB one instead and tell it to format.

The problem was that I believe I needed to add something onto the existing stuff to do that, and this is a different 3DS than I'd used to format the 4GB card. I think it was the… Arm9loader(?) that I used to format previously. The one you get by booting with Start held. But maybe I'm remembering it wrong or something?

As a last ditch attempt at making it work. Windows can't format it to anything but extFAT, so it has to be done with the 3DS itself.

What exactly do I do with JKSM to transfer my sun/moon save to a non-review copy? Is it more than
?

Isn't there a save backup feature built into the 3DS?Does it not work with CFW?

So anyone here use 3DS Linux yet?
Its pretty neat albeit somewhat useless right now. It does come with the working Wayland/Weston implementation so it has a basic GUI and you can mount the SD albeit in read only mode, everything else is handled by initramfs. Additionally, it boots using an a8lh payload so you can just put the loader executable in your Luma/payloads folder and name it to the button you want to boot it at.

I want to get Lynx working on it via a script that copies the necessary libraries to /usr/lib and then runs the program but I need a lot of shared libraries to get this shit to run and it keeps asking for more

Yes, that's all you need.

In-built save manager doesn't allow for multiple save files. This way, you can have 20 different games and change them as you wish.

You need an external program to format over 32GB to FAT32 on Windows. Google for one.
A formatter for the 3DS would be TinyFormat, but I don't know if that would actually do what you want.

Homebrew loading has been a thing for a while. Unfortunately last I tried NDS_TGM had very laggy background animations.

Jesus Christ you've already been told what to do, so do it.

Yeah I've only ever had issues with 9.2 downgrades, for some reason. 2.1.0 downgrads have never, even with the old emuNAND method. Still, OTP-less would be nicest when it's figured out what goes wrong, ctrtransfer is at least an extra half hour to do.

Another reason not to bother with importing one. Also the lack of DSiWare if at 11.x (maybe fixed now though)

What's better, ciangel or freeshop

DId anyone save the Rhythm Tengoku GBA CIA?

Also just been trying the TWLoader forwarder stuff with my blue card, I'm surprised they tried to support those. Unfortunately while I got it to chain-load, most games complain about fragmented sav files and stop, even if I delete them. OoE and Tetris DS manage to get past the sav error but no further (black screen). Jump Super/Ultimate Stars are the only two that have actually worked. Any idea what could be going wrong?

On a more positive note, homebrew loading got better, I no longer get slowdown on NDS_TGM, it even runs better than it did on the flash card.

Also threw this crap thing together to generate forwarder INIs. I used find -exec to run it on my ROM folder.

#!/bin/shZBND=$(basename "$1")echo "[FLASHCARD-ROM]\nNDS_PATH = games/$ZBND" > "$ZBND.ini"

Freeshop.

This specific clip. The cable itself looks fine.
When I try to close the clip, it doesn't close all the way, and pushes back at my finger, but the ribbon cable goes all the way in just fine.

The one next to the long clip, if that wasn't clear.

My issue was mostly lazyness, I was on emunand for about three months because I managed to get emunand working before a long trip and setting up al9h was on my backburner for a while. Also a bit of fear that something might go wrong, much like the bit of fear I had when I first installed emunand.

Is it good now? I tried the desktop version a long while ago, it was unbearable slow and finicky with what it would zoom in. The Android version however is the best browser I've ever tried.

I tried switching from a 4gb to a 64gb when I had emunand. Shit was impossible.

I tried testing the Four Swords dsiware exploit on my source 3ds and while it did make both screens white, after a few seconds the regular title screen started playing. Did it work?

Freeshop by a mile, CIAngel I recall as having lots of problems with corrupting cias mid-download and resulting in nonfunctional or crashing games. If you need to make a cia out of any games and such of yours you can just Decrypt9 it.

Question: Can gateway work in the latest firmware on sysnand?

I have AL9H already installed (using the good method, not gateway shit) and I want to update my sysnand to the latest firm, but I don't want to lose my gateway functionality. I know this is easily fixed with emunand but I do not wish to waste 2GB of space either.

Sans ditching gateway, is there anything I can do?

What do you need a Gateway card for if you've already got A9LH? If you didn't use Gateway in the process then sounds like you've got a perfectly normal installation, though you should wait for a second opinion before going ahead with anything.

Though if you installed A9LH without Gateway at all chances are your Gateway will refuse to work or worse because you didn't do it Gateway's way. I remember their real-Gateway-card anti-clone software triggering even on real cards and bricking people's shit.

Oh, fuck, I remembered that Gateway encrypts save-data to kind of hold it hostage, are all your saves tied to Gateway?

Yeah, but I know how to get out of that. Either way, gateway works fine, I just haven't updated.

The reason I use a gateway should be obvious. I can just copy paste games into an SD card dedicated to games exclusively. I can't get an SD card bigger than 16gb because it's not available in my country and international shipping is like 50$.

So I've been trying to install browserhax on my 9.9.0.26 2DS for the past hour and it won't let me. Keep getting the "An error has occured. Please save data…."

Wat do?

Cartridge with power save

So, if I used a 3DS that already has hacks, that would make hacking another 3ds a lot more simple and quicker? Or did I miss that in the guide?

I don't have any of that and I'm poor. Man,this is hard stuff.

Format your 3ds and try again

no, it will just allow you to downgrade another 3ds on 11.0 FW and above without having to get a hardmod. You will still have to go through the same process, if not longer and more complicated.

So I'm not the only motherfucker having an impossible time with this shit?

SOMEONE HELP US, GOD DAMMIT!!

got a guide on how to do that?

It's not FLOSS, if that's what you're asking.

It's not. But upgrade to A9LH and make your life easier, then you really can just copy-paste to a new SD card.

hourglass9 also has that feature, that's usually what you'll have set up if you follow the guide.

Wow someone actually found a slight reason to use Gateway. At least, I'm pretty sure you can't easily do this with anything else. For your ingenuity I'll try to help. I believe you can use Homebrew Launcher to load the Gateway loader -> Gateway emuNAND. Do not use that shit on sysNAND, period. Then you can use the sysNAND setup for running some stuff too, maybe TWLoader some day.

Without using Gateway, you could do multiple emuNAND setups on multiple SD cards but you'd have to power off to switch them around, waste 1-2GB or space on each one, and switching SD cards on newer 3DS systems is terrible. With the red card you can just switch SD cards while the system is on provided a game isn't loaded.

There's a pc program that lets you backup, inject and format emunands easily.
I don't really recall what I used it for other than backups and moving over to a bigger SD card.

Anyone know if you can use a 2DS friendcodeseed on a N3DS?

Apparently Polish people are better at art that we thought.

What's the program I need to install games through network method so I don't need to take out my sdcard from my new 3DS?

Any good GBA/.gba to cia converters?

read post 3

Socketpunch github.com/Olmectron/SocketPunch/releases

There's a few methods. There's the microSD Management .cia and there's FTPony etc. in the homebrew launcher for example.

I just use the microSD Management .cia myself.

I wouldn't be asking if I didn't already have that one. I remember hearing about one that automatically takes care of a title-screen screenshot and icon for you but can't remember what it was or where it would be for the life of me and I doubt that one's it since I already have a "Simple GBA Converter 1.3" folder and I know for sure it didn't have that feature.

Just pirate photoshop and make the banners yourself. It's easy shit and the mega has templates available.

I'm capable of making the banners myself, that doesn't magically mean I'm not interested in any potential other ways of going about the same thing.

"what are my options" =/= "Any good GBA/.gba to cia converters?"
There's a literacy requirement to post here. Bu't, you're in luck. After performing the difficult task of searching "gba vc injector" I found this: gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/
Here you go, you now have options.

Sounds like you're the illiterate one if you somehow construe "any good things" as anything but "do you know of any good things". Thanks for the link.

yes, read post 3

What about SysNANDs? My current plan is just to simply use my backup 3DS for a while while they jack off and clean the dust out of my New 3DS screen and then export the game saves to use on said New 3DS once I get it back. All that I need to do is get over from the 4GB card to the 64GB card.

As a matter of fact, I already load Gateway using a A9LH payload with Luma. I just haven't taken the plunge at updating sysnand. I guess that using emunand is the only way I'll be 100% safe in my endeavors. Either that or just ditch it altogether and deal with slow-ass transfers and installations.

Fucking N3ds and its microsd under the damn back cover. Who thought this was a good idea?!

I'd be damned if it didn't cover just about everything.

Could be worse.

It's not too bad, it comes with a built in program for accessing it over networks.

Thanks a lot user!

I'll check them out to see which one is good for me.

Hydrus has always seemed like a pain in the butt is it worth it?

Gangbang, Ahegao

I use Opera Beta and it works better than most shit I tried like water fox, palemoon and the built in vpn was great for watching the olympics for free so thats why I switched to it.

I only got 1 issue for it really.

I want to change my c-stick on my n3ds but the screws to take out the bottom in half is too hard to unscrew? What do I do?

That's probably fine provided it's loading an emuNAND. Yes it's slower and you have the usual issues with emuNAND (update with care!) but you really do not want to let them near your sysNAND. For examples of Gateway quality hacking, when they tried to do A9LH+sysNAND they didn't implement any FIRM write protections, so any system updates would fuck you over. Their downgrading process causes issues with H&S injection too. Hopefully you have a clean sysNAND from before using anything of theirs, just in case.

Also yeah, the N3DS design is stupid.

It'd be ill-advised unless someone else has confirmed it's safe, they probably track what model it's attached to.

Anyone know a good save editor for monster hunter generations? One of my friends got their save deleted and has no nand to restore it or anything.

fucking undermeme kiddies and their stupid hipster shit games

"WOW IT'S LIKE DRAGON QUEST BUT WITH '''''''''''QUIRKY''''''''''' ''''''''''''''''''''''HUMOR''''''''''''''''''''''. WOW THAT ONE GUY FARTED, HA HA. OH, HEY, DON'T LOOK AT THE ELEVATOR LADY'S ASS. OH MAN LUCAS HAD TO KILL HIS BROTHER CLAUS WHO WAS THE MASKED MAN SO SAD AND DEEP. I BET THIS IS ALL RELATED TO FETUSES."

fucking losers

dubs confirm

the fuck is going on with this spam
it's almost starting to be coherent

Well they are just jumbled-around posts from 4chan's /trash/ board, chances are he's running out of material or he might be spamming certain places with content from certain threads to be less conspicuous ie spam Holla Forums with video-game discussion threads.

Delphine certainly isn't a supermodel. Is she over 40?

I would like one of these.

well, we could try this.

gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/

I do have a clean backup actually. I doubt there will be any issues but I'll restore just in case.

Speeds are still shit though.

DELETE THIS

Is it possible to access the friends list on a9lh? Whenever I open it on the home menu, it freezes.

Reformatted my 2DS and I still seem to have issues to even get the browserhax to install. I've tried everything and it still gives me an error every time I scan the QR to install browserhax. What do I do? 2DS is on 9.9.0.26U Firmware

and 65 special attack, its not great but it certainly isn't abysmal
it can use those high power attack to break down things with low special defense easily

What's his name again?

I only ever play good vidya senpai.

Did you disable the homebrew Menuhax?

Patagod must live so he can replay the game and save everyone some other way

This is legit a very fun game with a friend or friends.

I did visit a three story store that features some type on loli on two of the floors. I also visited a maid cafe. Though I don't recommend it. They overcharged us. It cost to just to talk to the poorly English speaking chick for 15 mins.

No fuck off. It might get ported to switch later, but fuck screwing people over like that

What the fuck is going on

spam from bui 2.0 made from halfchan sewage

try to ignore it

By letting it die and remembering why you loved the series.

I don't think anyone thought open world was meant to contribute anything for this game. You'd have to be functionally retarded.

I added a game cia and installed it through fbi, but when I clicked and opened the present, it loads for half a seconded and then it goes black and says please turn off device. Is the .cia messed up?

Where did you download it from and what fw is your 3ds?

On insanity I usually take more muscle when fighting Cerberus

Its with luma3ds/a9lh and should be on the latest fw. Also got it from 3dsiso. The icon for the game works and it has that short animation before you click on it but when I start it the game just flops. Should I try to reinstall it or get a new cia of it?

I called mine Yngwie

What is bui 2.0? This shit is getting ridiculous

The source code for slowhax, now called waithax, was just released.
Soon we can use the DSi downgrade without a second 3DS.

github.com/Mrrraou/waithax

So I finally got around to upgrading from Cakes to Luma, but now the Homebrew Launcher doesn't work anymore. It flashes colored screens and downloads the payload, but afterwards I just get a black screen and it doesn't progress. Anybody know how to fix this?

Fug nevermind, I fixed it. The boot.3dsx from Luma doesn't work with HBL.

Anyone mind helping me? Still getting the same error no matter what I do.

1. Create image of your old card.
2. Restore image to your new card.
3. Extend the partition.

www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/download/
www.partition-tool.com/

I don't know if I did. How would I do it if I didn't?

I eventually worked everything out and got Sudoku but I feel as if I've been on a rollercoaster of dumbassery. Oh god its gonna turn out Sudoku doesnt work isnt it

Is it safe to close your 3ds when its in homebrew? luma3ds/a9lh

I probably should have bought AS/OR instead of Cubic Ninja.

Menuhax when activated disables the home menu on certain firmwares.

bui 1.0 was a furfag giga-autist that has spammed the fuck out of /furry/ in the past and has been shitting up boards since halfchan. He basically holds boards hostage for erps or porn drawings and spams the place when he's inevitably told to fuck off, which is pretty much what happened this time, he got told to fuck off by the /furry/ discord. This'll keep going until he runs out of autismbux, his latest assault has been courtesy of hired pajeets solving captchas for him.

I used menuhax manager to delete it, but I got an error, my theme returned to normal, and it still freezes opening the friend list.

Depends on the homebrew, most function just fine after closing and opening (or putting your 2DS into sleep but turning it back on) but some get autistic and huffy if you put the system to sleep on it. Try FTPD or some similar app that can idle without affecting anything and close your system to see how it takes it; worst thing that can happen is the system locks up and needs to be reset.

Bui's done Holla Forums in particular some legitimate good with his shitfit, more than a couple places here needed a shakeup of this magnitude. I haven't seen a single sage all day that wasn't from pre-Bui or from somebody mentioning a mistake made in their previous post or something.

Menuhax always blocks system menu, thankfully you don't need it after installing A9LH. Unfortunately HBL does the same thing so I hate using it.

Once you have Luma just install the HBL cia. Easier that way imo

So I currently have an old version of rxtools, my sysNand and emuNand are unlinked but I have not connected the emuNand to the Internet at all. As such, it is still version 9.2 and my NNID is still invalid.

Now I want to be able to connect to Nintendo and use online features. I also want to switch to Luma (so I can use Freeshop).

Any gotchas/issues I should consider before I attempt these things? Anything not mentioned in the OP?

Place Luma files into the 3ds folder, and replace the boot.3dsx with the one provided on the Luma github.
Connect to internet on EmuNAND, go to settings and update. Done.

RxTools runs Freeshop fine, I use it. Just install the CIA from the Github as per usual.

Thanks man, seems easy enough.

After that I will just have to deal with the NNID, but the guides should work for that.

I' using the set up frome the guide and I started Mii Plaza, it says I have already bought the Streetpass games and I can download them, is it safe to do it or can I risk a ban or something ?

Did slowhax just release or something?

im on 11.0 with reinand, is it safe to update?

Yeah, its called waithax now and Im waiting for the guide to be updated later today to do it

No I've had the HBL cia installed since I first put CFW (Cakes) on the thing. I followed the github guide back when it still had Cakes on it instead of Luma. The problem is installing Luma uses a new boot.3dsx that doesn't do what HBL wants it to do, so it doesn't work until you go back to the boot.3dsx that HBL wants.

What's Slow/waithax?

It supposedly lets you downgrade on

It used to take a week

Is it out yet? Some friends can wait an hour or two

Several people have made their own exploit using Mrrraou's source-code for it but nothing's been released in a publicly-available/readymade build just yet, as far as I'm aware. github.com/Mrrraou/waithax

How can I get decrypt9 running on my 11.2(modded but banned) 3ds? My homebrew launcher won't run it.

If running from emunand it won't work, has to be run in sysnand. Not sure how it runs in A9LH but probably hourglass9 would accomplish everything you want decrypt9 to.

I assume in hourglass9, if I wanted to temporarily switch to sysnand, I would have to select "sysnand restore(keep a9lh)"?

Well. I took the plunge, and it works like a charm.

Running Gateway on 11.2 SysNAND perfectly, plus everything else.

That'd be restoring a backup of your sysnand while retaining the A9LH installation.

Well ultimately want to inject my friendcodeseed,nnidsave, and secureinfo into my banned 3ds, but hourglass9 doesn't have that option.

Interested in replacing the C-stick nub on my N3DS with a PSP one, which model of PSP would I be buying an analog nub for for a proper fit?

Not sure how you'd go about that then. Might have to do some manual mucking about on your SD card to replace files like that, or use something like Godmode9.

I bought some red levino red thumbstick that fit a laptop some user recommend. But I never was able to remove the back of the 3ds screws to put them in. I'm not gonna tear up the regular thumbstick through the front.

Unscrewing it is more trouble than it's worth, I just snipped the little loop with scissors.

But what if I don't like it? I dont wanna break it. It's just too hard to unscrew. I mean the c-stick it came with is okay I guess. But it's just too hard to unscrew.

Trust me, you'll like it. The PSP stick was dogshit but the thinkpad nub is actually good. Especially for Monster Hunter, which is what I did it for.

So a few months ago I bricked my arm9hax n3DS by dicking with the SD card too much.
Is it possible that cloning the card in my working system and putting it in the fricked up one would unfrick it?

I'm not saying I won't like it but it's just too hard to get rid of the back. Damn screws won't move.

only if you bricked it by deleting luma3ds

What does this mean we can't help if we don't know what happened.

Well, it works, sort of. It boots now and I can get to the hourglass9 menu so it looks like I'm clear.
Am I correct in assuming that a sysNAND restore will let me take it back to 9.2 and from there I can repeat the process, sans fuckup?

if you have a back up of a 9.2 nand then yes.

oh fug

I think the process for flashing 2.1.0 can be used to flash a 9.2 nand, but the brains of the 3ds brew scene have deemed it unsafe. Probably not an issue for you, but it's a risk to note.

Do you even need to do all this 9.2 stuff? If you can run hourglass9 at boot (immediately, no flashing colours) then A9LH is fine and you don't need to do anything.

(POST FOR FUCK'S SAKE)

Why is decrypt9 telling me nnidsave.bin and localfriendcodeseed aren't found by saying "no usable files found"? It found secureinfo just fine. I was following this guide:

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-unban-your-nintendo-3ds.449251/

Probably, but I'm being overly cautious

Try booting into your nand. If it boots then you over thought things. If it didn't do the nand flashing. It can't put you in a worse state than you're in and it won't touch a9lh so you can always weasel yourself out.

I'd like to CFW a couple 11.0 models to give out as gifts, and I'm looking at an older 2DS to use as a source system for downgrading them with. Is there any obstacle to downgrading multiple target systems off the same source device, or is it like a one shot deal? Any problems with creating multiple new NNIDs on the source system (since NNID goes out with the system transfers)?

Overly unnecessary more like. The only reason you need a 9.2 downgrade is to bring back the memchunkhax vulnerability to gain ARM9 code execution, but you've already got ARM9 execution at boot through A9LH.

System transfers can only be done once a week. You'll have to go hardmod or wait for slowhax if that's too long.

yeah I knew about the one week limitation, that's no problemo so long as the source system still works for downgrading after a week has passed.

I think you have to transfer back to the source to regain the NNID

(Long posts don't seem to work, splitting)

Yeah. There's also a limitation in how you can do system transfers. Just check the many many notes on this page. He may well be better off delaying for slowhax.

I said to do it on an emuNAND! Good riddance.

Then add decrypt9 as an additional payload.

well that would only work if the source was another N3DS, since N3DS can't transfer back to O3DS/2DS.

is there a reason I can't just make a new NNID on the source and rebuy/redownload the exploit games (I think it's steelhax AND another DSiware game)?

if you're fine with re buying the dsiware games then there's no issue

the cheapest ones on the list are 2 dollars, I'm cool with that.

my main concern now is that Steel Diver gets removed from eShop before I can afford to do this, hoping slowhax is worth the wait.

That empowers them to spread the homebrew love to other people! But again, slowhax will probably render that method obsolete for a good while, until 11.2 starts showing up everywhere at least.

pls respond

You probably need an NNID set up on the unbanned device. If that's not it then I have no idea, it's Working For Me™

Is there a way to rip the friendcode seed off of a (pre-A9LH install) NAND dump. I bricked on that console during the 2.4 downgrade 2ds, but I've still got the NAND dump from before I tried.

Is it possible to hack in amiibos in the new Animal Crossing New Leaf update?

That's probably it. How do I create a new NNID on a system that isn't on current firmware?

never mind, it seems it has a nnid already

I just got a sky3DS+ card for running DS roms. Any of you guys got some recommendations?

I plug the sky3DS+ in and it doesn't recognise a cart being there, any idea why?

Are you running cfw?

Was but doesn't matter. I bought it for original DS games and now I find out it can't run them so it's waste of time.

you need cfw to unblock flash carts

Boy am I glad piracy exists I probably would have wasted money on this junk.

FUCK YEAH, 64GB CARD FINALLY WORKS, GOD FUCKING DAMN, HAD TO FORMAT THAT SHIT EVEN THOUGH IT WAS ALREADY PRE-FORMATTED!!

Got my shit unbanned. Apparently my Decrypt9 issue was becauce of the fact my Decrypt9 was horribly oudated by like 8 months.

Relax Colombo. I have several backups before gateway touched my shit.

64GB has problems? I'm glad I didn't buy the 128GB then.

wat

Well shit, Soduko doesnt work with the new hack. I have Four Swords Anniversary Edition, will that work for Four Swords hack?

Any updates to Freeshop?

Is this just Luma needing to access the SD card or have I seriously fucked myself?

I installed a retail dump of Sun, but FBI said it was version 0. Is this normal?

Alright formatted SD card and put back all the files I needed now its working fine again

When in doubt re-install through freeshop

Downloading off the 3DS is a huge pain in the fucking ass.

You can just update normally when using ALH9+Luma right? It says I can but last time I trusted something saying it was fine to update through system settings, I ended up having to wait months to re-downgrade

Speaking of themes, what are some good themes?

The search on the site is absolute shit.

Here's a MEGA with my collection.
mega.nz/#F!mZIh0JTJ!lje9yIEmk7KGoX2Ba8DELw

Im really thinking if I should or should, by off chance you know how to make a sound file for a theme, I tried but all I get is mute sound.

JESUS CHRIST LUMA IS SO FUCKING GOOD COMPARED TO THAT SHITTY MENUHACKS+CAKESFW I USED TO HAVE BEFORE I UPDATED TO 11.0 LIKE AN IDIOT. I AM LEGITIMENTLY AMAZED AT HOW FAR THIS SHIT HAS COME SINCE FUCKING APRIL

if i bought a 3ds bundled with a game, how do i transfer said bundled game into new micro sd card? copy+paste just werks?

yes

and we still have anons that refuse to enjoy this shit

it's a shame some moral fag got the 3ds theme website wiped of lewds.

Verify that both a9lh and luma are functioning
if yes then it is safe to update

You'll keep your systemid the same, so it'll run anyways if you copy it.
I imagine it's installed in the SD card rather than the system itself. Still, the downgrade shouldn't break it.

I thought Sky3DS was for 3DS games. But yeah, Nintendo blacklist the things in later firmware, you need to use CFW. You'll want to do that anyway.

That's because FAT32 is not the only filesystem, and MBR is not the only partitioning scheme. That's what 3DS requires though.

Just anticipate requiring a hardmod to apply it when it goes wrong. I've already told you how they fucked up A9LH, they aren't to be trusted with your sysNAND.

Yes. It's only emuNAND setups where you have to be wary.

128GB sure. But his issue with 64GB SDs is PEBKAC.

Think of character you like and go from there? I'm thinking of retiring Maki for a while actually, she's had a good run. ReiNAND splash can stay.

To a new 3DS? System transfer might do it.

If there is ever a case where a new update broke A9LH what is supposed to happen is that the thing just won't boot. Then you can load into some app like hourglass and just restore to a previous NAND backup on working firmware and be okay. This is what is supposed to happen but a firmware like this has yet to come out so it has not been 100% confirmed.

Im just upgrading the sd card to a 32 gb one. Im using the stock (4gb) sd card that came with the bundled 3ds.

I was really late enjoying this shit because I didn't actually understand how to change from one CFW to another and none of the guides made it clear since they all assumed you followed the latest version of the complete hack walkthrough with whatever CFW it had at the time.

My fucking R4i from the old days finally works again. First time in eons I've been able to play Pokemon Platinum or Rune Factory 3 (with the undub).

Oh, you can only copy-paste onto new SD cards with CFW. But without CFW, it should remember that you own it so you'll be able to redownload it afterwards.

No if you just bought a new SD card for your 3DS just copy your old SD card's contents onto the new one. You don't require CFW to do this.

damn, i really want to try out cfw+homebrew but i fucked up and updated to the newest version and don't want to hard mod. thanks, user. at least i know ill get to download the game again

I assumed you were hacking it.
If you're just upgrading SD card, just copy everything over.

This keeps getting better and better

Holy shit so that's what it's for. I need to make a new back up then.

Oh my mistake it's just emuNAND where that doesn't work, because of the hidden partition.

Yeah it's one of the biggest reasons to upgrade to A9LH.

Emunand was never a problem when upgrading cards

The time wasted backing up and restoring an emuNAND would be better spent installing A9LH. Then you're forever done with all the emuNAND fragilities. When OTP-less returns it'll even be faster than going through that nonsense!

That program sucked and was a pain to use unless it was updated afterwards. When I used that thing it required you to use 2 different versions because each version had a different thing broken. Even if it worked fine it's still an extra step that isn't required using A9LH.

How to pirate swapdoodle's microtransaction bs?

That should be all you need to do. Just don't use regular eShop or the DLC will be deleted.

I installed it through freeshop originally and none of the DLC items are there

Nevermind, deleted the "DLC" from the freeshop and redownloaded it now it works

I think you're being a bit paranoid. I did not use gateway's method for a9lh, nor did I update my firm while using it. I'm only using the card on sysnand. It doesn't install anything.

3ds.guide already updated their website for a entrypoint-only downgrade with SlowHax (WaitHax)
3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade-(save-injection)

Also you don't need a hardmod if you installed a9lh.

You have to need to keep a nand backup anyways in case your sysnand breaks for any reason.
I'm not arguing for emunand, I'm saying dealing with the hidden partition was never a problem.

You must be referring to something else then. Worked easy and fast to inject emunand backups to the SD on pc.

No, thank christ. But you are using Gateway CFW. One responsibility CFW has is to protect FIRM from being written to, without this, a system update will kill A9LH or brick. Would you believe that they didn't implement this, and possibly still don't?

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

Note this was last updated in November and it still has the warning about updating through Luma3DS.

gbatemp.net/entry/psa-dont-use-gateways-arm9loaderhax-installation-tools.11242/

Also some further reading about incompetence and malice. Bottom line, set up an emuNAND for it and use that. Safety first!

You do if you're faced with a BSoD or lose A9LH.

It's still annoying compared to just copy-pasting stuff to a new SD card.

Hooray!

I'm talking about emuNANDtool specifically versions 1.01 and 1.03.

I used 3ds multiNAND 1.3

Oh I know. I'm very much aware of their malicious, overly jealous nature. I just happen to have one from before the cfw days and I like its features. Perhaps I will listen to you and go for emunand. Eventually I'll ditch gw altogether save for cheat values.

PC-98 themes with newretrowave or something fitting?

Can someone answer these ?

Also, how can I delete multiple themes ? I downloaded the freeshop theme DLC to get rid of the icon and now I have to delete 415 themes one by one…

has vita hacking been improved now or is it still unstable? I'm thinking of buying one for the holidays since I want to get some of that Builders action

You are posting in the wrong thread.

I know it's a 3DS thread, but does anyone know about the WII U system update ? I have 5.5.1 already but I have another one blocked in my download management, and I can't find anything about it and I'm curious.

Am I alright with just using the built-in save backup system and copying the files to my computer? Or do I need to actually run jksm and if so, how the fuck do I do that with a stock 3ds?

Welp, having yet another issue. Anyone else run into this? Trying to download Pokémon Moon from the FreeShop, and at the last moment it says some aspect failed to download and I have to start all over again. I'm gonna try this just one more time and if it doesn't work maybe I need to install a CIA.

FreeShop is unstable with downloads sometimes. One thing you could try is relaunching the software (that works for me usually). Other than that, not sure what to tell you.

If you do go for a CIA, just avoid the Laurantis leaked one. Heard nintendo still bans on that one. Not sure how they know though.

Would a 2gb sd card be enough to go through with the hacking process assuming next to no games are installed?

yes
not that there is any point in doing so

whoops

Is anybody else experiencing trouble with Freeshop currently? Tried downloading Swapdoodle, Kirby Robobot and some random GB games to test if they would download and the download doesn't start. It just keeps retrying to connect.

Nevermind. I spent a good 40 minutes resetting the app/console and waiting and now suddenly it decides to install.

Not that i'm saying it's time for a new thread, but someone should update the OP with the new 11.2 waithax details if applicable.

That'll happen as soon as the phailect guide has been updated

Hope you guys enjoy a thread that's just a link to the pasta, because Holla Forums is still broken
New Thread:

Too many good goys there. He should try gbatemp or reddit

I taught this was homebrew general